Review of Opodo

Tel: 0333 300 0291
enquiriesuk@opodo.com

yuliaj2
7/7/18
Never again ! Disgusting service, impossible to connect and once you get them on the phone they keep saying that the line is breaking and they dont hear you .... when you are asking for the flight cancellation and refund ! Even if your flight is with Lufthansa (not low cost airlines!!)
They are very tricky - no possibility to change or cancel your flight with al least some refund! Very disappointed!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Yulia,

I apologise that, on this occasion, your experience of Opodo was not entirely satisfactory.

Can you please update your profile with your booking reference number so we can have an agent contact you privately regarding your concerns.

samanthah144
7/3/18
We showed up to the airport and our reservation was cancelled. My family had booked our trip 6 months out. My husband and I took a week off work a party was planned. Because we apparently checked a box that said more comments our reservation was cancelled. I missed an email with an unclear subject that said if we didn't resolve the issue our reservation would be cancelled. They never sent a clear email saying reservation was cancelled.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Samantha,

hethe
6/27/18
I was checking out flights to visit a friend in spain from my local airport when a message popped up on opodo that the price of the ticket had dropped by £100 each. I was really pleased. I rang them and had over 5 minutes wait to get through. The line was very noisy and the operator had poor English. After an age repeating over and over my requirement for the tickets she gave me a price over £260 more than quoted on line. I said I had a screen shot of the price offered but she said it was only offered for a short time depending on demand. So within 15 minutes the price had virtually doubled. I then looked at reviews for opodo and found that this is very common. A brilliant price offered then it shoots up either when you ring or even after you have paid. Dreadful way to do business.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Heth,

Thank you for your review and detailed comments which, your feedback is important.

yomtovk
6/26/18
I purchased my tickets with Flight Cancellation Insurance and Cancel for Any Reason Guarantee. Something very important came up so I called customer service to cancel my flight but to my surprise the representative said it was not possible. So what happened to the Cancel for Any Reason Guarantee that I paid for????!!! And to make matters even worst, the customer service representative would not give me his name. I tried asking for his supervisor but he would not transfer the call either. I called 5 times but the same customer representative kept on hanging up. This has been a horrible experience for me. I lost money because of the lies and false information on their site. I will never do business with Opodo again!!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Yomtov,

ahmedi17
6/26/18
I booked a flight and after the credit card was charged for the ticket amount by one hour they cancelled the reservation.
Reservation No.: *******101
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Ahmed,

We would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Although this is not the level of service we expect for our customers, the knowledge we gain from our customers plays a valuable role in the future development of our product and service. I will find the way forward and contact you privately to resolve it.

jeffreyc157
6/26/18
In a nutshell, I booked a flight with OPODO including insurance attached in case i need to cancel, when i did need to cancel the process is to phone takes about 30 minutes and costs a bomb to tell them you want to cancel as its in the states. Then i have since had at least 2 months repeatedly trying to get my refund, again you have to wait for ages to speak to anyone, to make it worse they ask you for your bank details on a no reply email!! Never ever will go anywhere near this company again!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Jeffrey,

jaroslawh
6/25/18
It's an ordinary gang with a strange sounding accent. I bought a ticket from them for a flight from Europe to Chicago performed by Lufthansa Airlines. After a few hours I noticed a mistake on the date of departure. I called them to change it, citing that 24 hours had not yet passed since the time of a ticket purchase. They refused me by pleading that Lufthansa did not agree. I called Lufthansa and obtained assurance that I have the right to return the ticket or make any changes within 24 hours. They recorded it as an information at my booking. I called OPODO again but again they refused to make a flight change or cancellation. I asked for a manager conversation. My call was taken on hold for 45 minutes, but nobody picked up the phone. I called Lufthansa again and explained the situation. They changed my flight without any problems and with no charge. Because of the OPODO, I lost $ 100 on a phone call and it cost me a lot of nerves.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Jaroslaw,

bobm418
6/22/18
Be very careful - advertises cheap fares that aren't. Booked via Opodo - charged £911 - received booking confirmation from Easyjet for £785. Charged £126 - for nothing. I'll take the financial hit and chalk it up to experience, but this is the first and last time I use this site. That's what happens when you trust advertising!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Bob,

We are very sorry to read of your experience with Opodo. This is certainly not the level of service that we expect for our customers.

amyl303
6/19/18
Booked a return flight. Never got confirmation. Took the money so presumed it was ok. Tried to check in at the airport, was told I had no reservation. Called them from overseas, "it's been cancelled" had to buy a super expensive flight. Only got an email saying booking cancelled AFTER my return flight was scheduled. Ridiculous!!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Amy,

Thank you for your feedback which is taken very seriously and will support continuous improvement of Opodo.

richardb773
6/18/18
DO NOT USE OPODO!

I have called customer services to edit the name on my flight over 10 times, over 12 days, totalling over 3 hours on the phone and the problem has still not been resolved.

I have been lied to numerous times, I have been 'promised' return calls and never received them, I have had agents disconnect my calls whilst I was speaking.

Please do not book with Opodo, the customer service is the worst I have EVER experienced.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Richard,

stuartb114
6/12/18
Took money, claimed booking was confirmed. 48 hours later, changed last leg of flight from 1h30 layover to 12hr layover, and *broke* the connection by switching airline so now 12hr layover having to go landside and collect baggage. call centre "pretend" can't hear call, hang up.

Will never ever ever use them again. Ever.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Stuart,

staceyr69
6/10/18
I booked with opodo awaiting confirmation. Theyd processed my payment and for some unknown reason rejected my payment. Then they tried to process it at a later time but got declined therefore cancelling my booking. Upon investigation with my bank I was advised the above and that I would need to wait 10 working days for the funds to be refunded back to my account. When trying to approach opodo several times I got hand balled to machines and waiting in lines unattended. Who even know if Ill be refunded at this stage because I keep getting told they never processed my card!!!!! Furious to say the least and will never recommend this service EVER!!! I want my money back! This company needs to be SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Stacey,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, my apologies that you had this experience.

govindk2
6/9/18
Compared to Final Pice of 746 Euros for a purchase of airline tickets,
they hit me with almost 200 Euros more when I was about to pay through my credit card. I had to cancel the deal. Make sure, you read the amount you are paying when you are completing the transaction.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Govind,

hanany
6/2/18
Took out "any reason guarantee" but when I needed to claim on it, I had to keep trying for ages on the phone from abroad to get through - long wait times, and when I finally got through and they promised to email me the contact details of the refund team, they did not, which meant even more waiting on hold from abroad. I will never use them again. Be warned!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Hanan,

christinag104
5/31/18
Booked a flight that offered free cancellation in the next 24 hours. Above that I paid extra insurance for cancellation. When I tried to cancel my flight even within the 24 hour period of course they didnt offer what they promised... I was in the phone for 1 and a half hour to no avail... scammers.... plus they gave me a number of the insuarance agent which denied even working with them... then they said the airline if they can cancel. Of course the airline said that i should seek cancellation through opodo who is the agent that made the bookings... blah blah blah...
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Christina,

timl215
5/25/18
Misleading flight prices pull you in, credit card gets charged, and no tickets issued.
Fortunately I was not one of those who turned up at the airport to find out that there was not a reservation, I discovered this prior to my flight (supposed flight). Customer service is a total joke, trying to get through to them for an explanation of what was going on took about three hours on the phone. Eventually did get my money refunded but with absolutely no explanation of why I had been conned like this. Avoid this company at all costs. I cannot imagine just how name disappointed travellers there are out there who have fallen victim to this company. One star is one star too high.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Tim,

adriant38
4/26/18
I booked a trip to London from Tenerife on Monday this week. When I received the email from them, the return flight was confirmed however the departure flight was pending for confirmation. I thought it was just a matter of time to get it confirmed, nonetheless, one day before traveling with them I didn't have a confirmation yet so I decided to call. What a surprise I got when they said my flight won't get confirmed and I had to sort myself out somehow!!!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Adrian,

paulyneb
4/24/18
I booked a flight to Gran Canaries through this company. I was charged double the price of baggage if I had gone directly through the airline company themselves. The baggage offered while booking was for 20kg only and cost £81.22 with no offer of upgrading the KG weight. I then received my booking from Thomson who I will be travelling with and checked their site and I would have been able to take 2 x 20kg bags for this amount and I also could have bought a 25kg weight at £62. I used SKYSCANNER as a reputable online flight checked to get the best price but lesson learnt go directly to the company themselves.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Paulyne,

madeleineh6
4/12/18
Avoid OPODO, they ruined our holiday.
Sent me my flight confirmations, downloaded the App that confirmed our booking.
Got to airport and they hadn't actually booked the flight, claimed the card had been declined (no reason why!-probably my bank trying to protect me!) said they sent me an email (NO SIGN OF THIS WHATSOEVER!) and had to purchase last minute flights to the tune of £500 - supervisor that I eventually got through to was aggressive and rehearsed. Didn't listen to the customer, didn't show any understanding for stranding people in a foreign country trying to get home to their children, accepted fault in the situation but said there was nothing he would do.
I urge you to avoid - we won't stop until we get our money back, devastated.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Madeleine,

nimrodf1
4/6/18
i bought my tickets through opodo, and add a 61 euro insurence for flexible flight dates.
when tried to use it, was told i can't. tried speaking with different costumer server people with same result. not once was i offered an explanation. when asked they just said that's the way it is
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Nimrod,

johnh864
4/5/18
Booked a flight which i found didn't exist, but it took them 2 day to let us know. Then we started getting emails saying not long now till your flight, tried to ring but i guess no one answers the phone..Avoid at all cost..They really don't deserve one star.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi John,

adame154
3/30/18
I don't know how a company like this survives in the age of open and instant data and communication. How it takes them 24 hours to tell you that your booking hasn't gone through, even though they know you're flying within the 24 hours, is astonishingly bad. One email, that's it. A carrier pigeon would have got the message to me quicker than they did (they didn't actually give me the message, I had to hound their call centre - if you need to do the same, strap in it's awful).
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Adam,

johnr621
3/29/18
Booked a flight and then unfortunately needed to change the flight for two days later. After four phone calls totalling 1 1/2 hours and just being left on hold with a promise of someone will talk to me, I just had to give up and stick to original date, even though I had paid for a flexible flight and cancellation insurance.
A shameful company!! I would never use them again! I feel I was conned and there was nothing I could do about it, they had my money and you cant talk to anyone only listen to music and eventually get cut off. I have yet to find out if the phone calls were at a premium rate and that they made more money from me, by making me wait!
A total disgrace!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi John,

akim6
3/15/18
Direct flight was rerouted and landed midway to actual destination. We were told the next flight to actual destination was in 3 days! Told I would be given a refund as we decided to hire a car and drive the 10 hours to our destination after spending a night at a hotel. Now I am told to deal with the airline directly who will not pick up the phone or answer any emails! Utter disgrace!!
16 March Opodo sent reply saying customer service would contact me. Never did! I have been calling them and they have been giving me the run around - telling me to call in 48hrs then again in 24hrs. They constantly hang up ithe line when they say please hold. Unbelievable!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Aki,

rickyb63
2/11/18
Paid for return flights. Only to be emailed on the day of flying and told the return flight isn't booked and they will refund the return flight. They then refused to acknowledge how they have made it difficult to take this trip and then tried charging me 3 x the original cost to book the same flight we were returning on. It is disgusting at such short notice and they refuse to recognise how bad are. I want compensation for this
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Ricky,

Christos - Customer care.

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Opodo