Review of Opodo

Tel: 0333 300 0291
enquiriesuk@opodo.com

piotrk29
3/27/19
I cancelled my flight and was informed that my money would be back to my credit card in 10 days. It has passed 31 days, I called them 9 times (over 3,5h on the phone in total) - I get different information every time. Today I got information that they started the refund process today and I will get my money back in 21 days. I'm wondering what will happen tomorrow.
elisat15
3/27/19
I booked the Flight + Hotel package and received notifications that the departure time for both of my flights are changed. Because the outbound flight is changed from 18:25 to 06:25, it's not possible for me to go on my trip. I want to cancel, but I don't know how to process since I booked the whole package with the hotel.

Called the customer service and after 15 mins of waiting, a very rude customer service with strong Indian accent explained to me that I need to first call Vueling (outbound flight), Air France (inbound flight), then the hotel to see if I can cancel.

I told him, "Great I've waited for 15 mins just for you to tell me this?" His reply was: "No no no no no no, ma'am, you don't understand, listen to me, OK? Listen listen, you first need to call the outbound flight, then we'll check how we can proceed"

OK, maybe waiting for 15 minutes on the line is not his fault (more like Opodo fault for not having enough people in line), but that's not the way you talk with customer. I've been in more frustrating situations before with other company, but the customer service ensured me that they will help me through every step and give me their contact and follow up right away. Although it's very time consuming to deal with the problem, I don't feel annoyed.

But the way client service in Opodo speaks is not at all in good manner and basically I have to deal with all of the cancellation myself. Never again.
jeremys312
3/26/19
Terrible customer service, they don't care about you. Don't expect any service whatsoever.

I called 5 times on 5 consecutive days to rebook my ticket, and they couldn't get it done. I had to leave holiday earlier because they were unable to rebook my ticket due to unavailability of tickets; a problem in their software apparently!! One day prior to leaving suddenly someone noticed my 1 star review on TrustPilot, and suddenly a guy called Ross started offering options. All of these options very expensive tickets that were no way close to my Flexible Ticket rate.

A bunch of crooks that don't understand how to treat a customer at all. I tried to talk to them, but now I am done trying to help. Stay away from this lousy business.
pitip
3/26/19
For a GBP415 flight booking, Opodo charged me GBP53 for Service Fee. When I called them for help, the agent ask me to call the Airline myself. Never Ever use Opodo ... shame on them
leonidr3
3/19/19
Actual charge was made aprox. E100 more than advertised.Terrible experience.STAY AWAY.Never ever again
mirjamt1
3/18/19
Although we tried to cancel ticket because of worsening of my partners cancer, the insurance refused to reimburse us.
Meanwhile the airline company has cancelled our flight back and cancelled our hotel, but still they don't reimburse us or even answer properly
yurys3
3/9/19
I booked return ticket with Opodo from London to Vilnius, flighing on 12/03 and returning on 14/03. Checked the dates 3 times (as I always do) and clicked thr "pay" button. Couple of minutes later received the confirmation from Opodo with return date on 04/04. Their customer service must be receiving complaints about the wrong flight dates all the time because when I called them they said (of course) it was my fault, I must have selected the wrong dates, yet offered refund straight away.
Reading google reviews later I realised how extremely lucky I was. Other travellers who had the same issues with Opodo only realised that they had the wrong dates in Opodo confirmation email when they tried to check in. By that time it was too late and Opodo would refuse any refund.
Don't think I will ever try my luck with Opodo again!
anned29
2/21/19
Would never use them again. One of the airlines they booked for me cancelled the flight. Opodo did not tell me but found out when tried to check in online. Called opodo - useless. After trying 3 times to contact - supposed problem with internet- eventually got on to co tact clearly somewhere in India who did not understand and kept saying I could not get refund as the flight could not be cancelled. When I eventually got him to understand that the airline cancelled he said I needed to call back next day. I explained I'd be in transit but again didn't understand. Eventually said I'd get email and money back. A week later - nothing. They are fine at taking your money but no help at all when things go wrong so what is the point in using them?
ghassanh2
2/19/19
I booked for my brother, from kazan to prague, and i paid for the flexibility and cancellation insurrance which are about 45 euro. Then after a week, I wanted to cancel, so I had to call them, they do not accept mail, and for each call it is billed 1 euro/ min, they keep you waiting till someone answers, and this one takes time on purpose for information to charge more, then he tells you to call the insurrance company which charges also for call and which will tell you to recall opodo. After many calls, I sent the email, and they asked for medical certificate or a reason for cancellation knowing I have paid the inaurrance. I sent them a medical certificate, and they asked for more documents. And if I could cancel, I would have gotten 80 % of the ticket excluding insurrances and a 50 euro would have been deducted for opodo, so about 50 % will be remboursed. Eventually, I lost 70 extra euros for the calls, and couldn't cancel. It's a blackmail. I don't know how in Europe such companies can function normally and not be stopped for theft and misleading.

Do not try it, reserve from the airline directly not from travel companies.

My mail is:
*****@hotmail.com
vladoh
2/12/19
Worst seats for highest money, or cynical/cheating Opodo.
We were flying from Vancouver to London, 5th February just gone. We bought tickets via Opodo for Premium Economy, very early in June 2018. There was a reason for this one of us has a health condition that needs specific seats. And here is our story with Opodo:
Opodo wrote two very different e-mails: one to us and a second to the operator, British Airways. Opodo confirmed to us seats 14A and 14B , the most expensive in the given class. It was a window and isle seat. To BA Opodo wrote a very different e-mail confirming that we had two middle seats booked in one of the rows of four seats! Worst seats for highest price! Difference in these two e-mails is cynical and highly cheating.
The same happened on our way to Montreal from London three weeks earlier. Obviously, Opodo is consistent in their cheating customer care and behaviour.
We would not have had this information if we hadnt met a very helpful person at the BA check-in desk in Vancouver. She saw copy of Opodo's e-mail to us, went to check it from the BA side and told us an unbelievable thing; that they (BA) had from Opodo an e-mail with very different seats booked for us. Paraphrasing her expression: who would buy the worst seats for the highest money?! That is the perfect expression for the situation Opodo created.
Sheila Haugh and Vlado Hlavenka
michelam4
2/8/19
The worst experience ever in my life to have a ticket and I travel from 5 years in a row
PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY
I booked a simple domestic flight last minute they took the money right away (overcharged) and after more than 24hours still pending. The day is very close. I contacted the company only way for foreigners to speak with them Is messanger chat they keep repeating me that in few hours I'll have my ticket they said"We will do the validation on the cards just to make sure that transaction is safe and secure.So its take some time to conform the booking" but THEY TOOK MY MONEY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must confirm other steps fast after the arrival I already gave the flight number to pick up and I also will be charged if I'm not on that flight. and I can't cause they don't give me my ticket. I can't also stay at wifi all time I'm travelling and moving.
WE PAY FOR A SERVICE NOT TO STRESS OUT SHOULD BE IMPECCABLE.
This is the worst experience ever with flight companies.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT

stephaniec419
2/6/19
Never have I ever had such a horrible experience. First, when booking Opodo stated that an error happend and that my card would not be charged. When I received an email stating my flight had been successfully booked, you could imagine my surprise. I wasn't too fussed about it until I looked at my bank statement. They charged me more than the price quoted plus withdrew 3 additional service fees. When I spoke to customer service they were incredibly rude and unhelpful. I am now battling to get my money back. WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!!!
xavierh31
2/3/19
ATTENTION a OPODOMême compagnies EDREAM / GOVOYAGER,les
TARIFS affiche ne seront pas VALABLE mais vous le serez une fois votre
carte débité, L'excuse sera "Oups! la compagnie aérienne a augmente ces
prix!" Suite a une réservation effectue le 29 Janvier 2019
"*******983",pour de 2 billets d'avion (opodo Client Prime) 303.00 au
moment de payer, Oups! la compagnie aérienne a augmente ces prix le prix
change 372.00, a ce moment les tarifs de la compétition est a 404) le
prix reste compétitif !!!! 372.00, Paiement effectue et accepter!-Quelque
minutes plus tard, réception de l'émail de confirmation sauf que, les
billets ne sont plus a 372.00 mais a 466.00. Dans la minute, premier
contact avec le service client 0033 1 85....1) l'explication fourni
était qu'une réduction de -68.00 n'avait pas était faite ! désolé nous
allons vous rembourser directement sur votre carte. attention 466 -
68.00 =398.00 dont cela ramener mon achat a 398.00 au lieux de
372.00! OK !Le lendemain je rapel le service client Opodo pour le remboursement!2) Nouvelle version, a savoir que le tarif de 466.00 était correct et que j avais déjà bénéficier d'une réduction -68.00Histoire
se reconfirme avec un autre agent, sauf que j ai des shots screen!
alors l'agent change de discourt, nous vous rappellerons sous 24 heures!
OK!No new, good new, En général oui, mais pas avec Opodo / edream / govayager c'est pas le cas!!troisième rappel, troisième versions, voici l'histoire:3) Monsieur quand vous avez réservé les billets, le tarif etaient passe a 287pp x 2= 574.00(A
la base j'achète des billets au prix de 151.50pp qui passe a
185.00pp puis 235.00pp (574.00 - 68.00 réduction prime ! incroyable)Cher
Mr Dana Dunne CEO de Opodo, apparemment cela ne vous concerne pas plus
que ça d'avoir 103 reviews google pour une note de 1.1/5 ?????(A
tous les internauts, quand vous visualiserez les lignes google / Opodo
avec des notes de plus de 4 etoiles et que vous ne pouvez pas clicker
sur les revues, cela veut dire, que dans la compagne ADWORS google de
OPODO, un copie colle du lien a etait rajoute. comme cela vous avez
l'impression de 4/5 etoiles! Les pratiques et prestations de votre compagnie sont très douteuse et pas sérieuse.
lindas1150
1/29/19
Totally bad experience booking with them, tried to change something and they couldn't even find my booking!!!
guys68
1/29/19
Very bad experience with Opodo, 3 times in a row, they are increasing the basic price requested without my approval, finally I went back to the basic service that I booked, when I see the payment transaction, the price has been increased my more than 20% without my approval. I will never work anymore with this company.
taos6
1/26/19
I purchased a round trip flight several weeks ago and paid extra for flexible tickets. If you want to re-book your flight time with Opodo, be aware that you will only be able to do so through calling their customer service number. This is because they have completely outsourced their customer service to untrained, incompetent people who will lie, cheat, and do everything in their power to NOT GIVE YOU WHAT YOU PAID FOR. I have attempted to re-book my flight for 8 times now, over the course of 2 weeks. Each time has TAKEN OVER 30 MINUTES OF LONG-DISTANCE CALLING. Each time they have charge my card and EACH TIME the flight booking has NOT gone through. By the 8th time, I insisted on speaking with a manager and supervisor and they have put me on hold for over an hour. NEVER trust this company again and I will continue to share negative reviews all over internet platforms until they resolve this issue. Customer negligence in digital travel agencies is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.
ms496
1/25/19
Wish I could give ZERO stars. The worst experience ever. Not only was I waiting for over an hour for them to pick up- then they lied to me that TAP Portugal is not allowing to book an extra luggage any other way than via them because this is what some airlines do. They wanted £215 for check-in bag plus £45 service fee!! When I said I called 2h ago and price was £135 the rude guy said that this is HOW market works and I have to pay twice as previous price and that I am the one to blame as I surely was informed about that during my first call. What? I certainly was not. What kind of company does things like this? After that worthless phone call I checked TAP Portugal website and I was able to add baggage to my booking for £122 so half of the price plus no £45 fees!!!! So thank you for lying to me bunch of thieves. Never again. Be aware people. This is my first review ever - this is how disappointed I'm with this service.
elliem63
1/14/19
Opodo is a total scam and fraud , i have booked a flight with them in September with my fiancee from Colombo to Male for the holidays,our flight was supposed to be with China Eastern on the 26th of December and on the opodo app everything looked fine,they even sent me a notification I can check in online the day before but when we got to the airport they told us that this flight was cancelled 3 months ago and Opodo never sent us any email regarding that !!! That is not acceptable !!!So we ended up having to buy new tickets with another company last minute,our vacation was almost ruined so as all of our plans and honeymoon. I am trying to contact opodo ever since i got back for a refund and every time a wait for an hour or their service are not working and when i finally get a chance to talk to an agent they transfer me to some supervisor waiting another hour and nothing is resolved .Last week I was promised to get the authorization email refund in 24 hours and my money in 10 days ,guess what still nothing...... I called today again and the agent was absolutely playing around with me again absolutely unaware of anything and i am starting to think this is a total scam and a fraud and i will never get my money back,I am seriously considering addressing this manner to the Visa fraud department, i have probably spent more money on calls trying to talk to them so far then what I am owed !!! They just told me I will get not even all the amount paid although the flight was cancelled months ago in 90 days, never heard of a 90 days refund before !!!! That is a total joke ,how can this company even exist with that type of customer service ,there is not even guarantee I will see my money back,still waiting for the authorization refund email promised to me !!! I am gathering people that are also scamed by Opodo to take legal actions all together !!!!
ks346
1/9/19
I would give Opodo zero stars if I could. I cannot believe they are still able to operate as a travel agent - they are shockingly bad.They took £2000 out of my bank account without booking the holiday (despite sending a booking confirmation) and we only realised when we went to check into our flight. My mother had just died so was keen to book another holiday over Christmas elsewhere (with another company) but they were unable to process an immediate refund so I could pay for something else. They advised 7-10 working days for refund but it's 12 working days later and still no money back into my jaccount. Absolutely disgraceful and complete cowboys.

When we rang them to enquire as to where the money is they have said we need to pay £10 for them to find out the status of the refund. Unbelievable.
adriand137
1/5/19
Booked flight, got charged twice, flight was cancelled, cannot get the money back! I've also wasted 2 hours already trying to contact them.
eliskak1
1/2/19
I have booked flight with Opodo. The total price was 608 EUR. After completing my card details and confirming the payment.. they charged my credit card with 1004 EUR ! You can not write an email - you will not find any email adress on their websites. The phone-number of "hot call" doesn´t work (or exist ..) I will never book with this company again.
eandit
1/2/19
OPODO IS A SCAM. THEY LIE TO YOU ABOUT EVERYTHING AND. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR YOUR TRAVEL NEEDS.(TICKETS , HOLIDAYS, HOTELS, ETC)
lalinec
1/1/19
I wouldn' t say that it trustworthy company at all. Last time we've ordered tickets from them and had to cancel them due to double booking. Until now no refund was issued and it been over three weeks past by. Their customer's service representatives don't seem to be qualified enough to provide a reasonable explanation for such delay despite the request for cancellation was applied within one hour after charge.
So, I definitely would talk away a friend from buying from this company.
chim15
12/27/18
Don't work with opodo. They are useless. For the ones who are curious I'm writing why. I bought a two way ticket from London to Istanbul.
First i tried to check in but the application and their website didn't allow me to do that so I should call them to make the check-in. I paid for the call.
After i came to İstanbul i decided to change my flight date, i called them but i need to wait about 1,5 hours total to make the change. Agents are too slow and not smart enough to handle a service like this. I spoke 3 different agents and at last one could make the changes.
Two days after because of some issues again I should change the flight date so I told them I'm calling abroud to uk and my call credits can finish and i asked them to call me back if the service will take too much time. But they say it won't take too much time and refuse my offer. I spent more then 1 hour on the telephone while im waiting for their job to done. But for tree times, they hold the telephone and after 30 mins waits I should close the telephone to make another call because I guess they forgot that im on the line!
My call credits finished because of this careless service so i tried chat. But this time an agent answered me first but then after 15 mins chat she said she will transfer me to an expert... Again i waited more then 45 mins but no one return.
So I wrote to their messenger chat, i'm still waiting an answer over 24mins..
When im calling the service they hold my call more then 5 mins to connect to an agent. Even its 3am.
This company is a kind of a mafia, i got in but I cannot going out.
At last i reached them from another mobile but this time they told me there is a technical problem in their system so I should wait 3 or 4 hours and call back again. I begged to the agent at last he is trying to solve this i hope but the line is again mute and I'm still waiting.
After 42 mins the agent told me the fair is not available so he can't make the changes. Haha!! And when i said this is unbelievable, he shot the telephone on my face/
I have doubts that this company provides service in a coop!
Please don't work with them...
christophert142
12/27/18
Our flights were cancelled by the operator, and I have been waiting for a refund for 6 months! I have called over 10 times - they dont call you back, and no e-mail updates. The original re-fund took so long, the card used for the booking expired. Despite having provided them new account details four times, they are still trying to refund to the same card! Avoid...

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Opodo