Review of Opodo

Tel: 0333 300 0291
enquiriesuk@opodo.com

adamb482
9/26/19
Worst Travel Agent I have EVER booked with.

I booked a flight via Opodo for TUI flights. TUI refunded the cost of the flights but the refund was made to Opodo who have refused to refund me even after over 15 calls and 6 hours on the phone to their numerous useless customer service' representatives. Each person says a completely different thing. I was told to send an email to show proof that TUI had refunded the flights to Opodo. Once I done that, they said they didn't receive the email. Once they FINALLY confirmed they received the email, they told me I would have to wait until they contact TUI to confirm this.

Any excuse to avoid paying me back! Opodo is by FAR, the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Rude customer service' representatives (based in India) who have limited training and will try every trick in the book to avoid paying back customers - I will be going through my bank to obtain my refund via the Chargeback scheme!!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
dawoodi1
9/25/19
NEVER EVER buy from these scammer!

As they are an absolute bunch if stealer!!!

Below is the true history of what they did to me and see their response to my complaint

Hi
before I bought the ticket from your website, I checked Ryanair it was 26.99 then I had a look at your site to see if there was any cheaper one which it showed 15.77 and said all taxes and service charges were included.
I proceeded to the very final page where I was asked to inter my card number and click purchase the ticket and the price still showed 15.77 and I clicked and purchased the ticket
Now the confirmation email was a DISASTER email to receive!
It said 26.99 charged by Ryanair why? since I was quoted only 15.77 that included everything!!!
And more horrible than that, that my card was charged another 20 by opodo separately which I was never told about that, again why this???
I could buy the ticket from Ryanair website for only 26.99 but I was charged 47 in total and was never told about this at all???
Now I regard this as an absolute stealing and DO NOT want to hear anything except to have my money refunded as soonest possible
Thanks

Their respond to my complaint:
Dear Dawood,
With regards to your booking reference *******378.
the service fees booking are non refundable. Opodo service fees are independent of the price of the products and non-refundable in any case, as they are charged for the service provided by Opodo for the search, comparison and assistance in the booking process.
Kind regards,
mathieus18
9/24/19
Wow. Just booked a flight with Opodo after being screwed by Thomas cook. They took the money from my account (barring in mind my flight is in 24hrs) and the booking status just read "pending". They took the money from my account, held it and then 12 hours before my flight they informed me it was a mistake and the flight was not booked. Forcing me to scour the internet for more flights at the last minute. The best thing is, the money will be returned to me in 72 hours to 10 days. Thanks a $#*!ing lot Opodo. One job you have, book people's travel arrangements. One job. And you can't do that. Joke of a company. Everyone should avoid these. No better than Thomas cook. Absolutely useless. AVOID!!!!
andreasp25
9/19/19
I booked a flight and i tripled checked the final price before payment. After payment i noticed they charged me extra 54 euros. I found out that it is a free cancellation guarantee which i never asked for and was never presented by them before they charged it. Customer service is unreachable. They are a joke.
lenm56
9/17/19
i purchased i thought with flybe areturn flight nantes (france)to birmingham(england)for 57 euros price offered the transaction took approx 5 hours the flight out simple the return took a long time during this time i somehow got trasferred to opodo the flight finished up costing me 151 euros ,FLY Be have since cancelled both flights they contacted me and said they have refunded 51euros recd THey said they had refunded opodo with 50.72 euros, they were unable to give me an opodo phone number,i have tried to contact opodo on line but have not responded i have filled in many bot forms promising to contact me no reply i am awaiting full refund,
my booking reference*******458how can i contact opodo ,
julieb838
9/14/19
They force you to take their assurance to cancel (even though you uncheck the box) and don't display the price when you proceed to the payment, this way you do not realize it. You only realize when you receive the confirmation email with 68 more euros on the price you thought you were paying. There's no way to cancel this assurance (they support call center never pick the calls and you'll spend money on trying to contact them if you insist 0.25 /min). Was my first time with Opodo and definitely the last one
trevorp41
9/13/19
Using Skyscanner, I was able to find the cheapest flight through Opodo which I booked. Dublin to Ottawa for 370 euro return. After reading the reviews, I was extremely nervous about not booking directly through the airline. But, I had no issues. My flights were confirmed minutes after booking and I was able to check in at the airport.
atharm
9/11/19
i have purchased the tickets from opodo. first time i did a mistake. i had issues with flights. my first flight was delayed subsequently the next was missed and so on. later i had to purchase the new ticket. keeping in mind all the aspects i purchased insurance from opodo. later i claimed the insurance. it was revealed to me that i have purchased a fake insurance.opodo sold me fake insurance number. after my so many complains they didn't even bother to sorry! i am opening a law suit against them.
conoro4
9/10/19
I have had an absolutely horrendous experience using this website.
The process of booking the ticket was reasonably smooth, it usually is when they take your money, however at the point of purchase certain information wasn't provided and this subsequently lead to the trip going a-ray.
When I arrived at Dublin Airport to check in for my flight I was informed that I would need to collect my luggage in London and go through the check-in procedures again because the first airline Aer Lingus didn't have an agreement with the second airline EVA airways.
I wasn't informed at the point of booking that i would need to check in again in London for my next flight.
There was no indication that there were no agreements between the airlines involved. I made one booking with Opodo but in reality it was 3 separate plane tickets. (I wasn't aware of this) I am someone who travels often for my job. i have frequently travelled from London to Shanghai or Shanghai to Paris etc. When I made those bookings I checked in at the point of departure and the luggage was delivered to the destination without hassle. Once I had a delay and the airline booked me into a hotel and rebooked me on the next available flight because they accepted the responsibility. In this case, the first airline is different to the second and third and there was no link between the tickets even though i booked them with you
My flight from Dublin was delayed, the baggage was late coming off the flight and I needed to wait for it. I couldn't take my onward flight without knowing where my case was. They told me that if I left and took the onward flight without filling a missing baggage claim there was no guarantee i would get the luggage back or receive any kind of compensation for the loss. So i had no choice but to wait. This was explained to me at the Aer Lingus ticket desk in London.The ticket desk in London for Aerlingus, tried to contact you as well but couldn't find a phone number and they just gave me an email address.
So in short AerLingus helped me to transfer my ticket from EVA airways to Thai Airways and get on the next available flight to Thailand meaning that I arrived in Bangkok a day later than planned. When I arrived in Thailand and went to the transfer desk, they couldn't issue the boarding pass because the booking wasn't finished' - I don't understand this and as a passenger and Opodo customer I don't think I should be in this predicament. I spent time discussing with the customer service people for the airline who were extremely unhelpful in Thailand and they told me that I couldn't get on the flight. The story was that I needed to go out, and go to talk with a ticket desk in the airport and try to transfer the flight. They told me that I would need to pay for a new ticket and at this point I didn't see another choice but to pay it so I booked another flight to Siem Reap which cost me 265.72 pounds for the flight plus 54.71 pounds for the baggage. The low cost airline had a baggage limit of 20 kilos and the original booking had a baggage allowance of 30 kg.
Trying to contact them to get money back has been a nightmare, trying to get help in the airports was a nightmare, nobody from Opodo is giving any help. Just trying to fob me off and tell me to talk to the airlines.
The booking was made on their site so as far as i'm concerned they are responsible for ensuring end to end service, from the point of booking the trip to safe arrival at my destination, that means dealing with problems and offering assistance when needed.
rachels395
9/10/19
I booked a holiday for my partner and I to fly from Gatwick Airport to Gazipasa (Turkey) with a change over in Istanbul.
1 month before flying I recived an email stating our flight date had change from 7th June to 5th June however our connecting flight to Gazipasa was still on the 7th June. Due to childcare and work commitments and the fact we had to sit around in an airport for 2 days!! We asked for a refund. They stated due to giving reasonable options for flight change (how the above is reasonable I do not know) I had to wait 90 days for my refund! Well it's now been 110 days and I still have to wait another 7 days for my refund. Customer service is shocking it took hours of being on hold or ages talking to a robot on Facebook before putting me though to a agent only to be told there is nothing they can do.
Safe to say I will never be using this company again!
garyh549
9/2/19
• Updated review
2/09/19 In fairness I advise I was eventually contacted by OPODO. They did correct all errors correctly and apologised. However the fact that this took nearly a month still does nothing to provide confidence to use them again.
“NEVER RECOMMEND”
8/14/19
• Previous review
Non existent Customer Service
Made booking of 2 flights through OPODO. When the tickets came through had a spurious email that was not representative of my email on only one of the tickets. Also Airlines were different on itinerary. 5 email and nearly 15 days later still no response to my request for rectification.. Not a big deal I think but indicative of the ridiculously poor service this agency offers.
I am disappointed I did not see these reviews previously. Don't walk away from this company.. RUN!
eliasv63
8/28/19
The worst customer care experience I have received in my life. Honestly would rather stub my toe really hard on a coffee table than to ever have to interact with this business. Bellow find attached my complaint email - which I am sure will no be even seen by them.

This business will not suffer a blow to its reputation from my review. The overwhelming majority of online reviews with regard to the services provide by Opodo Ltd outline just how terrible they are, in every aspect. What baffles me is that large, reputable service providers such as Skyscanner partner with such a bad company and fool consumer into entering the hellscape that is Opodo. Needless to say, this is inasmuch a review for Skyscanner, for whom I have completely lost trust from this point onward.

Bellow I pasted my complaint email as sent to opodo customer care (submitted through this link: https://customercare.opodo.com/en/support/tickets/newhat, which is nowhere to be found on the customer website and was provided to me after repeated requests to access my voice-call records.

To whom in may concern,

A. Lack of transparency, Terrible Customer Support, and deptive business practices.

I have spent a total of 2 hours on the phone with customer support line in the past two days. So I think I'm well equipped to give feedback on your customer support system. Yesterday, after making a payment to oppodo.com.uk for a flight from LCA to EDI on September 4th with TUI Airlines, I was surprised to discover that my booking had entered a perpetual "processing" state. I immediately because skeptical when I received a confirmation for my payment and noticed that my booking was "processing" and that I should check back shortly: You'll receive your final confirmation email shortly'. I felt something was wrong because of two reasons. Firstly, at no point during the booking process did it say anywhere on your website that I my booking would enter a "processing" stage (which I later found would be over 20 hours long). And secondly, I was aware of the fact that the text elements inside the email were not dynamic, in other words, the email would continue to say processing' in perpetuity. My concerns were exacerbated when I took to Internet review sites to find out more about opodo. The scathing 1-star reviews of hundreds of dissatisfied customers, claiming they had, among other things, been ripped off', prompted me to reach for my phone and dial the "24 hour, 7 days a week, customer support helpline".

To my dismay, and adding further doubt in my trust to this company, the customer support line was consisted of an understaffed phone tree leading to the same 15-20 minute hold period before I could connect with a staff member. In the phone tree menu, I attempted to cancel my booking, instead of a confirmation to the cancellation, I was put in queue to the customer helpine. The first person I spoke with, yesterday at around 2:30 pm, was Muhammed. To my surprise, he informed me that my flight would continue processing for up to 24 hours! I demanded an immediate refund from him, which he informed me he was unable to allow, for some reason which understand. He guaranteed me that if the agency is unable to secure my booking with TUI, I would have a guaranteed full refund of the amount I payed (EUR 117.69). I continued to reject his assertion that I need to wait until I have a confirmed or rejected status to my booking before moving forward with the refund. I asked him why it was not listed anywhere, that I had to wait up to 24 hours before known if I had a flight or not. He didn't have an answer for me. Having become frustrated with me "not understanding" him, Muhammad told me that he would be sending me an email detailing the relevant reasons, company policy, my rights, etc.

Needless to say I did not receive any email updates from Muhammad or the update to my booking. It wasn't until this morning (27th of August 2019) at around 12:05 pm (EET+1), that I received an update to my booking, which was supposedly sent out at around 04:30 am (EET+1) from your mailing server. The update detailed to me that my flight could not be secured, and that I had two alternative flights to choose from. The two other flight alternative, both operates by British Airways, seemed simply too good to be true. I begun replying to the emailing, outlining the customer support experience I had had up until that point, outlining that I wish for either a complete refund or alternative booking to the first BA flight ASAP. After replying, I received a notice and discovered that I had replied to a no-reply address, meaning I wouldn't be getting a response. The email update I received was from an address named "Opodo Customer Service" leading me to believe that I would be connected with the Customer Service centre, should I reply. This leads to believe that your customer service emailing system is, either by design or by mistake, misleading and difficult to navigate. Even as I write this email I have to point of contact with the customer service department, which is the reason I formally request a copy of the phone call record, later on.

As I picked up the phone yet again, I waited for 20 minutes on hold and I was connected with Mukesh. Who assured me that I would be able to reclaim 100% in the event that my alternative booking was rejected. I asked him how much time he expected the process to take and he said 6-7 hours. I have reason to doubt wether or not I will be succesfully provided with a booking to either the BA flights that I was provided to choose from. In fact, Mukesh, didn't even ask me which one I preferred. This leads me to be suspicious of the overall integrity of Opodo's business practices, and not just of its problematic customer support structure. I hope that my suspicions will dissolve upon received a flight confirmation and booking code for one of the two BA flights. If I am disappointed again, be sure that I will not only demand a full refund for the services I purchased and did not receive, but also a compensation request for the time and resources I have spent in chasing this dreadful company around. I instructed Mukesh, to submit the request on the condition that I would be able to retrieve a copy of my conversation with both Muhammed and Mukesh, he informed that he had no idea' know if I had a legal justification for the retrieval of this information and redirected me to this ticket submission platform.

It is here, finally, that I am able to put in a formal request of copies of my conversations with both Muhammed and Mukesh, for my own personal record, should I need to build a case. I am entitled to control over my data under the legal framework of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and I have no reason to believe that it is unlawful for me to make such request. On final note, this ticket submission website, was unlisted on your business domain. Mukesh initially instructed me to find it by navigating to the "contact us" page. At this point, I was not surprised that the contact us page was just a collection of links to FAQ topics, and nowhere contained directions to actually contact the company. Mukesh had to spell out the URL for this ticket submission platform to me, over the phone. It on this final note that I wish to outline that my customer service experience with opodo has been by far the worse of any airline ticket agency, perhaps the worse in the entirety of my experience as a consumer. The extent of dishonest, and borderline deceitful product description on both your website and of your corporate partners, your poor customer service and support, could constitute for a borderline violation of business conduct laws in EU. I sincerely hope no one further stumbles into your near-fraudulent, headache-inducing business.

With full honesty,
Elias Vasiloudes Nikolaides

Tip for consumers: Always do some research before you book an airline ticket through a ticket agency. Always check first with the airlines to see availability. Most times it's better to just get the more expesive/less convenient ticket to avoid this cluster headache of an ordeal.

stephenk326
8/27/19
Worst company ever. Just so useless. Customer care is terrible. Booked a flight with Opodo. Checked in the night before and confirmation from Opodo. Arrived at the airport to be told by the airline I wasn't on the flight. Opodo kept me on hold for an hour and told me to book another flight instead and I would be refunded. At the airport spent 300 on another flight that day. Opodo ignored my claims for a refund and told me to resubmit my claim even tho the agent said he got the receipt and my previously submitted claim. Furthermore he said it's not their problem. Reported it to sky scanner and then Opodo began to respond. Asked for bank details to refund my money nearly 6 months later. Just check out their facebook page all the bad comments under posts are hidden. Absolute fraudulent company. How is this company allowed to be in business. Avoid is company at all costs. They make it difficult to get a refund or even contact them in an effort to make you give up.
briannak20
8/26/19
Opodo were honeslty the worst, most stressful site I have ever booked with. They immediately took $700 from my account (half of the booking amount) and stated that my booking was 'pending' and would be confirmed within 24 hours. No response in 24 hours so I called up. It was almost impossible to find a number that was connected and I then waited 30 minutes on hold before speaking to an operator who assured me that would prioritise my booking and confirm it within another 24 hours. No response again, and after another 6 hours the booking was 'cancelled'. I called up again and was told my money did not go through, it was only 'pending' and would be returned in 48 hours. Still have no received the money. Would not recommend
calebs60
8/22/19
Just the worst. Horrible customer service that takes forever to respond to concerns, if at all. Could not confirm my flights, but I had to contact them and wait on hold to be told instead of receiving an email or any correspondence from them.
nunov5
8/21/19
Terrible experience. Had my flight confirmed by Opodo and once getting into the airport I was left grounded because the air company didn't have the booking confirmed
jasonc629
8/19/19
Absolutely awful, Have never experience customer services like this, After my flight was cancelled from Tokyo to Hiroshima, I contact them to rearrange my flight, everything seem ok at first, I was total it was pass on the right department and to expect an e mail, with details to rearrange the flight, I should receive with in the next 6 hours.

12 hours later called again, Was greeted by a very rude member of the team, who told me i was lying and the flight was planned to take off, even though the flight was scheduled early that day and had pass, who then cut me off,

Called back, was total it was being dealt with, it can take up to 24hours, please wait

24 hours later, Nothing, Called again,

Spoke with a gentleman, who advised me this should have not happed he will now deal with case , put me on hold, he then advise me he need to make a few phone call to get this arrange, can he call me back in 2 hours, with all the details and new flight plan,

3 hours later, Nothing, called back to which this time, I was total there was no record of the flight, I asked to speak the supervisor, who could not be found, i then asked for a refund to which i was total the refund office was busy, he then said he would get his supervisor, which he then put me on hold and cut me off.

In total i have spent over 6 hours on the line, with no flight to show for it,
They are actually breaking the law by not providing a new flight, I have asked a lawyer friend for legal advise,
Create a paper Trail and record all your calls with this company
shadif1
8/19/19
I just booked a multi-city flight with Opodo yesterday and today got an mail that two of my flights cannot be confirmed and was asked to call them to solve the problem. however non of the phone numbers provided works and wherever I look, I cannot find a phone number or and mail to the customer service. Now I am afraid that I have to pay for new ticket. So stressful would not recommend
mortyp
I WOULD NEVER EVER AGAIN USE OPODO

We've booked three tickets with Opodo and when all done, we've realise one of the names had an additional letter in it- we have called them again & again and still nothing got done, every time it took us around 40 minutes on the line and they asking us to call Pegasus airline again & again. When we call Pegasus, another 20 minutes on the line with Pegasus and they say they can't find any change of name by opodo and ask us to call Opodo again. It's a loop hole and wasted countless hours of our time.
Leaving this review while waiting on the line.

Saurabh, Ashima, Karan, Harpret, Shreya, Ovunc, Abdolrahim, many more and Aryan
azmid1
8/9/19
Hello,
I have booked a flight from Brussels Airport Zaventem to Tunis Enfida.
A booking for 2 persons. Very simple 2:30 hours flight, direct.
We made a reservation only with hand luggage and we want to add an extra luggage of 25 kg. Again very simple request. All companies and airline booking websites offers that. But apparently not OPODO.
I called them, first they said I have to call directly the airline company. The airline company told me that we have to get back to them.
So I was talking to the OPODO operator on phone and asked her to send me an email saying that opodo cannot deliver this service and she was telling me that she sent the email and I didn't want to hang up until I see the email in my box and I waited for 15min on the phone, and no email received. After a while she hang up, and I figured out that she wanted me to hang up the first to escape the report at the end of the call where they get your opinion.
Until now, no news how to add an extra luggage.
Thanks OPODO.
First time and last time.
ankeb
8/9/19
After paying a huge amount for your flight ticket - It is not possible to get any help or assistance from Opodo.

First, I have been trying to call them. Multiple times, I have waited in their line for more than one hour. No response.

Then, I decided to write them an email - but there is no email address listed on their website.

Then, I decided to contact them through facebook messenger. At first, I was really happy as an employee helped me after a few minutes with a few questions. When I told them I wanted to claim back my taxes and subcharges of my ticket price, the employee first told me that my ticket is non-refundable, and thus, I cannot get anything back once I decide to cancel my tickets. When I told them that they are legally obliged to pay back taxes and subcharges - even when the ticket is non-refundable (AirFrance, the airline I am flying with, confirmed), the employee finally agreed. He or she promised me to get back to me in 24 hours with the total amount of taxes and subcharges I could claim back if I would cancel my ticket (based on this I wanted to decide whether or not to cancel).

48 hours later, I did not receive anything from Opodo. I sent them another message through Facebook chat. When I told them about my issue, and that I did not hear anything, they immediately terminated the chat and redirected me to the chatbot. I have started more than 20 chats through messenger now, but every time the subject of claiming back the taxes comes up, they terminate the chat.

Do not make the mistake to book with Opodo - as they do not keep promises, try to mislead you and wrongfully keep your money!
mikaeln2
8/8/19
It is the same kind of firm as ViaGogo! Actually All we need is "hackers"?! I lost my nerves and a lot of money because of them! Why is GOOGLE and others giving them "upgrades" at sites?! Well i know, because the money talks?!
ahmedy13
8/7/19
I book through their site, they charge my card and send me a confirmation email with tickets, and then I go to take my flight and find out that the ticket has been cancelled. They first try to blame it on the airlines and say that the airlines have cancelled this ticket themselves, but then they couldn't and offer a flight the next day, and they choose the cheapest least convenient longest flight. Never use them
khaleda56
8/5/19
They increased my tickets price by two hundred and fifty pounds just a second prior to confirming the purchase . They left a note on the screen saying if I don't confirm the flight with the new price I would lose my booking. I did buy the ticket. The confirmation letter showed that Pegasus airline charged £1200 while Opodo fees was 850 pounds!
They ripped me off !
lauriec190
7/25/19
I am only giving this ap one star so I

I am only giving this ap one star so I can write my review. First, I choose a specific destination to fly from out of Mallorca. I checked the destinations and date to assure everything was correct before selecting my flight. When I finalized payment, it came back confirming a different destination than I had chosen, and approved. Clearly this was a glitch on behalf of the app, a trick of changing destinations that swindle money from its users, or if not honored, needs serious attention. My flight is not for two months, but I called immediately to have this rectified. I called Opodo in London, and got an operator out of India. This man refused, REFUSED, to let me speak to a manager. He would not rectify my issue. He said I had to call the airline myself. Again, I insisted I speak to a manager. He refused again, but said he would call the airline himself. He came back and said the airline was closed. He would not issue me a refund. Again, he refused to let me speak to a manager, and then, said I had to call the airline myself. This is the SINGLE WORST THIRD PARTY SERVICE I HAVE EVER USED, and I have used them all! UNCONSCIONABLE behavior. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Opodo