Review of OKdress.co.uk

London, LONDON W1B, GB
service@okdress.co.uk

nadian12
12/12/18

I am not sure if this is the same company as Okbridal.co.uk. However, if it is, then they are a scam!!! I am highly disappointed in this company, as you all sent me a dress that appears used. The presentation of the packaging was outrageous and extremely tacky.The whole package reeked to the point, we didn't even want to open the bag.The dress was to be mailed to another country in due time, but due to its potent smell, I am terrified to send it to my sister who would be getting married in less than 1 month.This is the worst experience ever!!! I have tried reaching out to them via email (as that appears to be the only method), however, they have yet to respond to me. When I was making the purchase and had questions, they were quick to respond. Now that I have an issue, it has been over the 24 hour mark )(like they guaranteed), and have yet to receive a response.

emmaf72
8/10/18

Dresss can not be worn as zip won't go up. Poor quality for what was delivered. I can't believe I paid £187 for a piece of worthless tat.

hayleyw18
5/31/18

Sizes are so far out it's ridiculous and unless you take photos no exchange or refund given
Absolute joke of a company wirh no one to talk to that speaks English as although says UK company it's not. I would avoid at all cost. I've lost £350 because of a company that shouldn't be selling dresses so far from the real sizes and not offering any alternative.

laurac220
3/27/17

I was so apprehensive as (stupidly) on my part I didn't check with trust pilot until after I'd ordered my 5 adult bridesmaid dresses from OK dress, I was concerned at how they could be so cheap and arrive so quickly. I actually stared at the delivery box for a good 15 minutes before opening because I was so worried but oh my days... They are astoundingly beautiful! They look EXACTLY as they did in the picture online and the colour was perfect, the measurements I sent to the company were exact and they fit all my bridesmaids beautifully (I am rather proud of my measuring skills). The quality is that of a wedding boutique and I'm slightly regretting not buying my wedding dress from them. They also sent a free gift for each of my bridesmaids. Would 100% recommend!

Tip for consumers: Don't be afraid to keep in touch, they are fantastic at communicating with you!

gaylet3
3/17/17

This is a classic rip off site where china based company is trying to replicate dresses and doing it pooorly! The two bridesmaid dresses I ordered for my wedding were different designs to the picture on the site and the wrong length and the company does not acknowledge when you show them obvious photographic evidence of the fact the dress is completely wrong and the website picture is misleading and will not give out refunds.

Don't be enticed by the nice pictures on the site. Be careful and don't add stress to your occasion - its so disappointing!

carrieleab
9/14/16

I had a pageant on August the 28-29th, I ordered my dresses from okay dresses and I loved them and they looked great, thanks to ok dresses for making them for me and I will be ordering my pageant dresses from here all the time

katieb64
8/24/16

Ordered 3 bridesmaids dresses which arrived feeling very cheap and were a totally different colour to that which appeared on the website. Emailed immediately, they keep insisting they are the same colour, told me the lighting on my photo's was wrong and refused to take them back despite them being obliged to. Repeatedly refused to honour their legal obligations so now I'm reporting them to trading standards and opening up a small claims court action against them. Terrible company, terrible service, seem totally unaware of their obligations in the UK. If anyone fancies a class suit to them (given how bad this is I'm determined to get their ability to take card payments removed which shuts them down) send me your details at okdressconsumeraction@outlook.com and I'll speak to the lawyer once enough are gathered. Also report them to your local trading standards office (just google your town and trading standards and inform them there are also reports coming from at least Manchester) as I have.

lauram191
8/8/16

I ordered 2 bridesmaids dresses from this company. I had to pay extra duty when they arrived. Had I known what I was paying for I wouldn't have bothered! They were both awful. Quality and finish was terrible. Badly fitting with the wrong measurements. I contacted them (several times) for a refund. It says on their website that they will refund for incorrect sizing - it's NOT TRUE! In the end they offered me a maximum of 20% refund (which I never received). The dresses went in the bin. Do not trust this company. Even though it has a .co.uk website, it's based in China and doesn't give a damn about UK trading standards. AVOID!

anastasiag7
7/12/16

Me and my gfs ordered 4 bridesmaids dresses, all the sizes came wrong - somehow larger than needed so had to be alternated. Mine was 3 sizes smaller! As the wedding was too close already I was not able to be a bridesmaid, I have contacted Okdress and asked to return it. Item was unworn, unwashed and with original tags and packaging. As per their policy I could return it within 2 weeks.
Now that happened in February, now it's mid-July and I still got the dress! I have to follow up every week with them and they don't want to return the money and take the dress back. They checked with their Chinese taylor and (surpise!) were told the dress is ok. After I have provided pictures they offered me "to give the dress to a friend".

Until now I was not contacted by any manager and since last month they are not in contact at all!!

Don't ever order a dress from them, because if it's wrong size you will never get a refund!

Anastasia

belindav2
6/2/16

Having read the reviews the day before my wedding dress arrived I was nervous.

However I was thoroughly delighted when it came in a lovely box and bag not cramped up, the dress fit like a dream having sent off my measurements. I made I didn't order it on a quick service to ensure they made it slowly and carefully. Which they certainly did!!!!!
Everyone who has seen it thinks it must of cost a fortune which must be credit to their good seemstrest's.

I would buy from them in a heart beat infact my bridesmaid is choosing her dress as we speak, even tho the company is based in China they did a wonderful job and let's face it everything comes from China!!

Thanks okdress you were wonderful!!

donnag60
6/2/16

The quality of the clothing is extremely poor, the service is appalling, and the fabric used is ridiculous. Do not use this company you will waste your time, money and you will be extremely disappointed.

This was the first and the last time I ever purchase a dress online, I purchased an evening dress for a special occasion from these people. I paid for it to arrive in good time for my event, I paid the additional cost for it to be bespoke, it arrived after the event even though I had been chasing, and then I had to buy another dress for my event. When the dress eventually arrived there was so much wrong with it the stitching was lopsided, the cuffs where far too big, the back was too wide so the shoulders did not stay up, the dress was far too long, but the worst thing was the lining of the dress the fabric was so stiff that you couldn't sit down the whole thing was a mess. When I contacted them they said they could not help and if I keep the dress they could send me 15% of the purchase price back. For me to send the dress back it would have been so expensive, the cost for me to have alterations done in the UK has cost me nearly the price of the dress. So again I say DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OK DRESS YOU WILL REGRET IT!

klaudiad1
5/26/16

I've ordered drss on 24th of April. Of course I didn't recive it in two weeks. I've contacted them, they told me they're busy and I will have my dress before end of may. I have my weeding in October so it wasn't a problem. The dress arrived today. Well packed. Fits me perfectly. And it's absolutely gorgeous. After ordering I was reading all reviews and I Was sooooo scared that the dress will be rubbish. I don't know if I was just lucky. And I don't think that I will be ordering from them again becouse I will be to afraid to do so. But on this one 5 stars from me.

debbiek33
3/25/16

I ordered a dress a yeah ago from this site and the dress was perfect and I decided to order again, after I ordered the dress i read the reviews and I was very nervous, well the dress arrived today and its perfect made lovely fits perfect I have nothing bad to say about the dress or the service we got I have one very happy daughter going to her ball

eloisem3
3/22/16

We ordered 6 dresses for my wedding in this coming Summer. Every dress is beautiful, a few alterations needed. So glad with them xx

sophieh21
3/17/16

I ordered my wedding dress from this site, stupidly before reading the reviews, and as so many of you know there were a lot of bad reviews. I tried to stay positive and kept reading the good ones and said to myself if it comes and it's good I will wright a review. It came today and I could not be more happy it is perfect and fits me like a glove, so no need for alterations!!! It is made to a very high standard,I really can't believe it and I am on cloud nine, I have just saved myself a packet and haven't compromised on quality, it really is amazing. Thank you ok dress, I can't wait to wear it xx

milenak
3/11/16

Late with delivery! Don't want give me refunds. Very unprofessional! !@@ !!!!

chloen5
3/8/16

This company is absolutely awful. They charge extortionate amounts for delivery which does not cover import taxes so you will have to pay extra when they arrive in the UK. They outright refuse to refund your items. Absolutely terrible service, please tell all your friends not to use this site, they are scammers.

rom1281
3/3/16

My dress arrived with two obvious marks on the front. They told me to 'wash it'! There are no care labels so I didn't want to take the chance in case I spoilt it. They then said they would not refund the shipping costs which were over £20 and I would have to pay further delivery charges to ship it back! You are also buying a dress from China which is not made clear on purchase I only discovered this when I tracked my order.
Avoid at all costs.........

mariem17
2/2/16

I am really worried, after seeing all the negative reviews, I have been told my daughters dress will be here on Friday 5th Feb 2016, I have to pay another £17 tax duty. I thought I had paid for postage already ( not knowing it was from China) what would happen if It turns out to be nothing like I expect. I've paid £135 so far, can't afford to be any more out of pocket? Anyone got some pics of recently received dresses to put my mind at ease?

hayleyz
1/30/16

I ordered 3 bridesmaid dresses,they arrived within the time specified and I'm very happy with them, they seem good quality. I was a little worried after reading some bad reviews but no problems here. I was charged £60 shipping which seemed a little steep and also had a text to pay another £19 from DHL but I used a 10% off code on dresses and got 3 lovely bridesmaid dresses for £280 (including shipping and delivery costs) which all in I don't think is too bad! I could also track the parcel along its way.

elizabethh94
1/25/16

It was a headache from start to finish, although the dresses are alright they are not worth the amount I paid for them, wouldn't use them again and most certainly would never recommend to anybody. And another thing they are not in the UK they are in China.

emmal52
1/8/16

Got my dress with a reasonable price, used a site coupon. Didn't expect a lot as its street price but the dress definitely worth every of my pound. Nice quality and look, would try more from this site

Tip for consumers: tell them the time of your event!

emmal49
12/22/15

I bought a dress believing it would be made in the UK. I then had a message to say I had to pay £15 duty tax. I had already spent £30 on delivery! The dress was supposed to be custom made and it came 6 inches too short!!! They are refusing to give me my £157 back and even though I have sent many photographs as evidence they keep coming back to me to say they will only give me 10% of my money back! It also came with stains on! There English is very poor when trying to communicate through email too. Absolutely gutted, I ha no dress to wear and have lost lots of money on a product that isn't what it states to be!!

traceyh19
11/12/15

Received my dress on time and it's very beautiful and perfect in every way.will definitely tell all my friends to use okdress.

kristinab16
11/7/15

I paid 90£ pounds for a dress, shiping price was 30£, i didn't get it in time, after long conversations they said i will get it, i get messenge from DHL that i need to pay extra 15 pounds for delivery couse it was unpaid.
In the end of story i get dress with stain mark, too large, and from cheap quality material.
I was asking for UK return adress, and they not giving it to me. And they not giving money back.
NEVER BUY FROM THIS PAGE!

No you can't.. I've been trying for weeks because they sent me a dress 6 inches too short and it was covered in stains.. They are refusing to give me my money back even though I've sent pictures for evidence. They are very rude and told me it's no good to them and there's nothing wrong with it! Horrible company

By Emma L.

The dresses I ordered took over 2 weeks to arrive, and I was gutted when they turned up wrong. I'd advise having a back up plan just incase

By Hayley C.

I used the online chat to keep a trace on my order. No problems and was delivered on time and dresses were good

By Alison M.

Tbh I didn't try but heard they are appalling at refunds!!! I think the jist of it was that you wouldn't get your full refund and it wasn't really worth the hassle for the amount that you got back. Don't order from them!!!!

By Elizabeth H.

Honestly it's not worth the risk, yes they're cheaper and you're saving money but they're done to a really poor standard - and the ones I ordered were just a plain satin material, no fancy business. I've emailed their customer service frequently and even after they eventually said they would compensate me 10% of what I spent I've since received nothing and now don't get replys to my emails at all. My honest opinion is you'll more likely than not need to pay for alterations for the dress as well as the dress price and shipping, if that works out cheaper for you than getting another dress than it might work but it didn't work for me.

By Amber G.

Questions? Get answers from the OKdress.co.uk staff and other customers.

OKdress.co.uk?