This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

OKdress.co.uk

OKdress.co.uk

OKdress.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.94 stars from 94 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. OKdress.co.uk also ranks 160th among Dresses Other sites. The most common issues with OKdress.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

• I purchased my daughter’s prom dress from Okdress and she looked absolutely gorgeous.
  • We were lucky after advice from my sister we ordered 2 Sizes bigger than required and I'm glad we did.

• I buy my wedding dress from okdress.co.uk, but I am verry verry disapointed.
  • Please do not order from this site and make the same as me, customer service is not decent if you have a problem -
How would you rate OKdress.co.uk?

“Lovely dresses”

Hayley z.
1/30/16

I ordered 3 bridesmaid dresses, they arrived within the time specified and I'm very happy with them, they seem good quality. I was a little worried after reading some bad reviews but no problems here. I was charged £60 shipping which seemed a little steep and also had a text to pay another £19 from DHL but I used a 10% off code on dresses and got 3 lovely bridesmaid dresses for £280 (including shipping and delivery costs) which all in I don't think is too bad! I could also track the parcel along its way.

“Was not told about tax duty?”

marie m.
2/2/16

I am really worried, after seeing all the negative reviews, I have been told my daughters dress will be here on Friday 5th Feb 2016, I have to pay another £17 tax duty. I thought I had paid for postage already ( not knowing it was from China) what would happen if It turns out to be nothing like I expect. I've paid £135 so far, can't afford to be any more out of pocket? Anyone got some pics of recently received dresses to put my mind at ease?

wedding dress (14) customer service (7) prom dress (9) dresses (38) 2 weeks (4) wedding day (3) 2 sizes (2)
mariem17
February 2nd, 2016
hayleyz
January 30th, 2016
alisterh1
June 4th, 2019
Okdress/okeydress same SCAM company! Their delivery is horrendous! Waited months with no reply to emails asking where the dress was. Ended up buying another prom dress as theirs didn't arrive in time. When i attempted to return the dress (never worn, with tags, in original packaging, standard size) i got blunt emails "you sure you not keep dress" after explaining the prom date had passed they reply "the shipping will be very expensive and they will also ADD a handling fee" basically force you to keep it as paying all the "fees" out weigh the price of the dress! Please don't be fooled by their websites! They look genuine but in reality its all just CHEAP TAT mass produced in Hong Kong!
carols81
May 27th, 2015
Ordered my dress and not only is it the wrong colour it does not fit properly.

Since when is bright red burgundy? When it comes fro OKdress apparently! The picture below has the dress and a burgundy coat. Can you tell the difference? And which one is Burgundy?

Because they didn't ask for the right measurements it doesn't fit properly. They asked for waist and fullest part of the bust but didn't ask for under bust measurement so it is 4 inches too big under the bust so falls down. It is a shame as it does seem to be well made.

They have been ignoring my emails and only replied because I said that if they didn't reply I would take that as them accepting responsibility. Obviously they came back almost imediately then to say it is the right colour and they couldn't read the measurements on my photo.

Is it always this difficult to get a reply or a refund from them? I'll repost and say if they do or not.
hayleyw18
May 31st, 2018
Sizes are so far out it's ridiculous and unless you take photos no exchange or refund given
Absolute joke of a company wirh no one to talk to that speaks English as although says UK company it's not. I would avoid at all cost. I've lost £350 because of a company that shouldn't be selling dresses so far from the real sizes and not offering any alternative.
rom1281
March 3rd, 2016
My dress arrived with two obvious marks on the front. They told me to 'wash it'! There are no care labels so I didn't want to take the chance in case I spoilt it. They then said they would not refund the shipping costs which were over £20 and I would have to pay further delivery charges to ship it back! You are also buying a dress from China which is not made clear on purchase I only discovered this when I tracked my order.
Avoid at all costs...
emmaf72
August 10th, 2018
Dresss can not be worn as zip won't go up. Poor quality for what was delivered. I can't believe I paid £187 for a piece of worthless tat.
laurac220
March 27th, 2017
I was so apprehensive as (stupidly) on my part I didn't check with trust pilot until after I'd ordered my 5 adult bridesmaid dresses from OK dress, I was concerned at how they could be so cheap and arrive so quickly. I actually stared at the delivery box for a good 15 minutes before opening because I was so worried but oh my days... They are astoundingly beautiful! They look EXACTLY as they did in the picture online and the colour was perfect, the measurements I sent to the company were exact and they fit all my bridesmaids beautifully (I am rather proud of my measuring skills). The quality is that of a wedding boutique and I'm slightly regretting not buying my wedding dress from them. They also sent a free gift for each of my bridesmaids. Would 100% recommend!

Tip for consumers: Don't be afraid to keep in touch, they are fantastic at communicating with you!

gillf1
April 27th, 2015
I was very nervous after reading some of the reviews but I needn't have worried my dress is beautiful and wonderful quality, I had a seamstress in Wales look at it and she was amazed at the fit considering I only sent my measurements. Hats off to the people who put so much work into my lovely dress, I will be proud to wear it on my wedding day. Thank you to everyone at OKdress. Gill x
chantelh5
April 9th, 2019
Very exspensive but made out of cheapest material no returns no refunds dresses are hideous dize was 10x bigger did not even look like what was on website no phone # to contact DO NOT shop there
eloisem3
March 22nd, 2016
We ordered 6 dresses for my wedding in this coming Summer. Every dress is beautiful, a few alterations needed. So glad with them xx
belindav2
June 2nd, 2016
Having read the reviews the day before my wedding dress arrived I was nervous.

However I was thoroughly delighted when it came in a lovely box and bag not cramped up, the dress fit like a dream having sent off my measurements. I made I didn't order it on a quick service to ensure they made it slowly and carefully. Which they certainly did!
Everyone who has seen it thinks it must of cost a fortune which must be credit to their good seemstrest's.

I would buy from them in a heart beat infact my bridesmaid is choosing her dress as we speak, even tho the company is based in China they did a wonderful job and let's face it everything comes from China!

Thanks okdress you were wonderful!
nadian12
December 12th, 2018
I am not sure if this is the same company as Okbridal.co.uk. However, if it is, then they are a scam! I am highly disappointed in this company, as you all sent me a dress that appears used. The presentation of the packaging was outrageous and extremely tacky.The whole package reeked to the point, we didn't even want to open the bag.The dress was to be mailed to another country in due time, but due to its potent smell, I am terrified to send it to my sister who would be getting married in less than 1 month. This is the worst experience ever! I have tried reaching out to them via email (as that appears to be the only method), however, they have yet to respond to me. When I was making the purchase and had questions, they were quick to respond. Now that I have an issue, it has been over the 24 hour mark)(like they guaranteed), and have yet to receive a response.
debbiek33
March 25th, 2016
I ordered a dress a yeah ago from this site and the dress was perfect and I decided to order again, after I ordered the dress i read the reviews and I was very nervous, well the dress arrived today and its perfect made lovely fits perfect I have nothing bad to say about the dress or the service we got I have one very happy daughter going to her ball
chloen5
March 8th, 2016
This company is absolutely awful. They charge extortionate amounts for delivery which does not cover import taxes so you will have to pay extra when they arrive in the UK. They outright refuse to refund your items. Absolutely terrible service, please tell all your friends not to use this site, they are scammers.
lisaw94
June 9th, 2015
My dress arrived today and it is beautiful! Good workmanship (I should know as my late mother made wedding dresses).
I was apprehensive due to some negative feedback, but I must say I'm really pleased. It looks just like the photo and the size 12 I ordered is a perfect fit.
I did have to pay £13 tax but it said that in the small print so I was expecting it.
All in all very happy.
gaylet3
March 17th, 2017
This is a classic rip off site where china based company is trying to replicate dresses and doing it pooorly! The two bridesmaid dresses I ordered for my wedding were different designs to the picture on the site and the wrong length and the company does not acknowledge when you show them obvious photographic evidence of the fact the dress is completely wrong and the website picture is misleading and will not give out refunds.

Don't be enticed by the nice pictures on the site. Be careful and don't add stress to your occasion - its so disappointing!
sarahw100
October 9th, 2015
Ordered a prom dress for my daughter. It came quite quickly and is quite well made but is about 3 sizes to small. The measurements of the dress are inches smaller than the company state on their size guide. When customer services bother to reply to emails they fob you off and there is obviously no chance of a refund. I think if you take a chance on this kind of site being disappointed and risking losing your money is a chance you have to take. I'll never ever buy anything from sites like these again and would not recommend that others do either.
emmaj28
October 29th, 2015
I ordered 4 bridesmaid dresses and after reading lots of negative reviews was very worried! The dresses arrived within a month and were lovely. They are not 2 sizes too small as others have suggested but are a snug fit. I think if you buy the £30 dresses you might be disappointed but mine were £80 each with 60% off and I really can't fault them!
katieb64
August 24th, 2016
Ordered 3 bridesmaids dresses which arrived feeling very cheap and were a totally different colour to that which appeared on the website. Emailed immediately, they keep insisting they are the same colour, told me the lighting on my photo's was wrong and refused to take them back despite them being obliged to. Repeatedly refused to honour their legal obligations so now I'm reporting them to trading standards and opening up a small claims court action against them. Terrible company, terrible service, seem totally unaware of their obligations in the UK. If anyone fancies a class suit to them (given how bad this is I'm determined to get their ability to take card payments removed which shuts them down) send me your details at *******@outlook.com and I'll speak to the lawyer once enough are gathered. Also report them to your local trading standards office (just google your town and trading standards and inform them there are also reports coming from at least Manchester) as I have.
lauram191
August 8th, 2016
I ordered 2 bridesmaids dresses from this company. I had to pay extra duty when they arrived. Had I known what I was paying for I wouldn't have bothered! They were both awful. Quality and finish was terrible. Badly fitting with the wrong measurements. I contacted them (several times) for a refund. It says on their website that they will refund for incorrect sizing - it's NOT TRUE! In the end they offered me a maximum of 20% refund (which I never received). The dresses went in the bin. Do not trust this company. Even though it has a. co.uk website, it's based in China and doesn't give a damn about UK trading standards. AVOID!
sarahi16
June 19th, 2015
Purchased a dress from okdress believing it to be a British site, only to realise after purchasing that the items are made in China and that it's actually a Chinese website.
After receiving my dress today, I was so disappointed how badly and unprofessional the dress was made. It was definitely NOT made by someone who can sew. The dress is unwearable and I'm out £65.00. Something needs to be done about these deceptions.
paular20
August 13th, 2015
I ordered a dress from here for my step daughter, after placing the order I found some negative reviews... Ignore these. After many sleepless nights the dress arrived and we could not be happier, the dress is gorgeous, the quality, finish and attention to detail Is just perfect. We were lucky after advice from my sister we ordered 2 Sizes bigger than required and I'm glad we did. So my advice is use this company they deliver as specified, order at least 2 sizes bigger and enjoy the dress.
zeraho
October 2nd, 2014
This site has the worst customer care ever!
They did not deliver my wedding dress and never returned my
Money, calls or email. Worst still they can't speak English so even if you are lucky to get through to them on phone, you never understand what they say neither can they comprehend you.
It is the worst online shopping experience ever!
THEY DONT deserve any star at all
emmal52
January 8th, 2016
Got my dress with a reasonable price, used a site coupon. Didn't expect a lot as its street price but the dress definitely worth every of my pound. Nice quality and look, would try more from this site

Tip for consumers: tell them the time of your event!

No you can't. I've been trying for weeks because they sent me a dress 6 inches too short and it was covered in stains. They are refusing to give me my money back even though I've sent pictures for evidence. They are very rude and told me it's no good to them and there's nothing wrong with it! Horrible company

By Emma L.