Review of OKdress.co.uk

London, LONDON W1B, GB
service@okdress.co.uk

traceyh19
11/12/15

Received my dress on time and it's very beautiful and perfect in every way.will definitely tell all my friends to use okdress.

kristinab16
11/7/15

I paid 90£ pounds for a dress, shiping price was 30£, i didn't get it in time, after long conversations they said i will get it, i get messenge from DHL that i need to pay extra 15 pounds for delivery couse it was unpaid.
In the end of story i get dress with stain mark, too large, and from cheap quality material.
I was asking for UK return adress, and they not giving it to me. And they not giving money back.
NEVER BUY FROM THIS PAGE!

emmaj28
10/29/15

I ordered 4 bridesmaid dresses and after reading lots of negative reviews was very worried! The dresses arrived within a month and were lovely. They are not 2 sizes too small as others have suggested but are a snug fit. I think if you buy the £30 dresses you might be disappointed but mine were £80 each with 60% off and I really can't fault them!!

sarahw100
10/9/15

Ordered a prom dress for my daughter. It came quite quickly and is quite well made but is about 3 sizes to small. The measurements of the dress are inches smaller than the company state on their size guide. When customer services bother to reply to emails they fob you off and there is obviously no chance of a refund. I think if you take a chance on this kind of site being disappointed and risking losing your money is a chance you have to take. I'll never ever buy anything from sites like these again and would not recommend that others do either.

florencer12
9/19/15

This is a great place for occasion dress. I bought a long chiffon dress from OK dress for my evening occasion, the dress is of good quality the chiffon fabric is quite comfortable when i'm wearing it. What i got was what i expected! Wonderful!!!

gracek15
8/29/15

Do not buy from them. They pretend beeing from UK, they send from Singapore. Maybe you will be custom charged like i was, depending the country your from. You see a picture, but is not what you'll get. They will try to make something like in picture, but will be a fail, like the dress they send to me. I ordered a 230 GBP thinking if is expensive is because i will get it just like in picture. Dress on picture included applied lace and embroidery on bust, i got a dress without any lace on bust, looking cheap, horrible. I had to buy another dress (from other place). I send them an email with the dress they sent, and the picture from their website, and asked for full refund, and address to send it back, they start to tell me how expensive will be for me to send it back. Never gived me address to send it back. They just agreed with me is not like in picture, and refund 30% amount. I remained with 200GBP gived in vain, for a dress that looks like a 50GBP dress.

denisac2
8/25/15

Don't order from this company, if you are from england because they didn't tell me that i have to pay more money for clearance evant... I paid£136 for dress and btw they didnt fit me.. and now i have to pay£50 extra... i will tell every one NEVER BUY FROM BLOODY F.. CHINE

rosec30
8/24/15

This is probably the first review i have ever written because i want to warn people of how bad this company is.

I ordered a dress a few months ago, it took a few weeks to arrive and when it did the first thing i noticed when i opened the packaging was a distinct fishy smell. It was awful!

Then i pull out the dress to find that the dress had't actually been finished as one of the back panels of the dress hadn't been joined.

I sent it back via their confusing and unclear returns policy, paying a further £17/18 in postage costs. I waited and waited and waited and received no refund or email about my return.

I emailed them:

Good afternoon,

After receiving my order from you I returned it to the address given as it was faulty.

I enclosed a letter explaining the faults on the dress and asked that you provide me with a full refund. I have not received this refund or any correspondence from you to acknowledge that you have received my return.

I sent the return tracked and signed on the 07/06/2015 so I know it has been received. I also requested that you reimburse me for the return postage which was a total of £17.20, as it was a fault with the dress that lead me to returning it.

I would be grateful for a response.
Many thanks

This was their reply:

Dear ****,
We feel so sorry for all the inconvenience brought to you but you know that your dress is made by our experience tailor who spent a lot of extra time on making it,there is no any size and quality problem, you can't make us undertake all the responsibility just because you don't like it.And as you know that our dresses are all custom made, we won't do the second sell.
We have spent a lot of labour and material on it,really wish you understand that.
We will not assume the shipping fee to China. And we will not refund the shipping fee to your country when the dress is shipped from China. Hope you can acknowledge that. We would just refund the amount of the dress to you.
We will arrange the refund as soon as possible!
Have a nice Day!
Kind Regards

I sent another email, to which their reply was:

Dear ****,
We have checked for your dress and there is nothing wrong with it. We have also cost a lot. The price of dress is our biggest sincerity and concession we can make up for it. Your acceptance will be highly appreciated to us!
Hope you can acknowledge that We will arrange the refund as soon as possible if you accept the suggestion.
Have a nice Day!
Kind Regards

After feeling totally ripped off and outraged at their rudeness i have twice asked for details of their complaints policy - which they have not provided as it probably doesn't exist!
I have demanded my refund back and will push for my reimbursment for the £40 postage cost i paid.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote the good reviews themselves. Their customer service is so poor! More concerned with giving my money back to me at their loss than taking responsibility for what they've done. Total scammers.

paular20
8/13/15

i ordered a dress from here for my step daughter, after placing the order I found some negative reviews..... Ignore these. After many sleepless nights the dress arrived and we could not be happier, the dress is gorgeous, the quality, finish and attention to detail Is just perfect. We were lucky after advice from my sister we ordered 2 Sizes bigger than required and I'm glad we did. So my advice is use this company they deliver as specified, order at least 2 sizes bigger and enjoy the dress.

sydneyc13
8/10/15

Over the couple of weeks i have been in touch with OKdress about my order I placed back in April. The dresses i received were poorly made and are nothing like the dresses in the pictures. I have been to many alteration shops to get them altered but no one will alter them due to the poor quality of the dresses. Due to this, I have been in contact with the company with the issue and asked for a full refund due to the dresses not being of any use as they cant be altered neither worn. My wedding is in 3 weeks, and they have told me that they feel sorry for me - but they will not give me a refund as there company will be at a loss!! I have been treated poorly as a customer - i have spent £600 on these dresses and they are refusing to help me. I advised everyone not to use them as the picture they advertise are very deceiving and the quality of the dresses are very Poor. I now have no bridesmaids dresses for my wedding and all Okdress can say is that they feel sorry for me!! I am absolutely gutted that i have no dresses and i am at a £600 loss :(

joannas8
8/3/15

The Ok Dress is absolutely a reliable company! I really doubted online buying before, i cant see the real dress, cant touch the quality, but this company give me a great confidence by a beautiful formal dress! Good quality but quite low price! THX so much, i would come back for my wedding dress soon...

fionap2
7/29/15

I ordered a dress and noted the times for tailoring/shipping - when my order was still processing when it should have been delivered I like most started to panic and then was reading really bad reviews, however received the dress and it is beautiful and really well made. Just a little alteration to the length is all I have to do. So all I would say its add on about a week or two more to receive your dress but for the price it is well worth it.

heathert13
7/23/15

I needed the perfect wedding dress, and OKdress had the exact one I wanted! I ordered it easily, it came faster than I was expecting, and it was exactly what I was looking for. All I had to do was take it to my seamstress for the final touches. It looked amazing on me, and I couldn't be happier.

amyj33
7/9/15

I bought my wedding dress from this website,it perfectly fits me.They told me I can got it in 6-7 days,but I got it 9 days after I placed the order.Anyway,the quality is good!

tonig5
6/27/15

I kept an eye on my order status and when it was still processing after 15 days I sent them a message asking what was happening... Then I looked at the reviews, and started to panic. Everyone saying the dresses were awful and arrived late etc. we needed the dress for the 26th and it was already the 20th.

I got a reply on the Monday after a chinese holiday weekend. They told me the dress was almost done and would be sent Asap. They also asked when we needed it by. I emailed back telling them when we needed it. I got a message next morning to say it had been shipped and giving me a tracking number. They had sent it on a fast post. It was sent on the Weds from China and was at my door Friday morning. Just in time for the prom :)

The dress is perfect, I have no complaints. It is well made using perfect materials. There was no sign or the fishy smell some reviews talk of either.

mahiraa
6/22/15

Great customer service,the dress looks fantastic!!! my measurements were perfect!

sarahi16
6/19/15

Purchased a dress from okdress believing it to be a British site, only to realise after purchasing that the items are made in China and that it's actually a Chinese website.
After receiving my dress today, I was so disappointed how badly and unprofessional the dress was made. It was definitely NOT made by someone who can sew. The dress is unwearable and I'm out £65.00. Something needs to be done about these deceptions.

dustyp6
6/16/15

With less then a month to get my dress after being ask to be maid of honor in my brothers wedding and shopping on line finding the cheapest place to order a pink camo dress was $295 so when I found this company and that they had the dress I needed for only $95 you could understand how excited I was!! I mean it just sounded to good to be true...and boy was it!!!! After ordering the dress on 6/2/15 and paying an extra $24.95 for 2-3 day delivery I became really concerned when by 6/10/15 I had not heard anything so I called the company who apologized that they were in there busy season but had reassured me that my dress was in production and would mail out by 6/15/15....cutting it close considering the weeding is 6/20/15!!! The very next morning (6/11 @6:30am!!) I received an email from the company apologizing that they did not have the fabric I ordered in stock and tried convincing me to go with something else!!!!!!!!!! After receiving this email I immediately demanded a refund and contact another company who was more than happy to accommodate even on such short notice (CamoFormal.com which I HIGHLY recommend) and have every since being fighting to get them to refund my money. I have since on 6/15 contacted my bank which I had to file a claim with!! This place is a joke!!! My suggestion to you is.... IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THATS PROBABLY BECAUSE IT IS!!!

hayleyc7
6/15/15

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! My Mum paid just under £200 for two dresses and another £50 for delivery for two dresses. The pictures of the dresses were stunning, so as you can imagine, we fell in love with them and were so excited. When they arrived, they were crammed into a box, they were completely the wrong size, they were made from polyester NOT chiffon as ordered, AND there were grease stains COVERING the dresses!

When I contacted the company they were less than helpful, and couldn't care less about the state of the dresses.

Now my Mum has pretty much lost out on all of that money and we are two bridesmaid dresses short.

I tried to write a review on the website to try and stop as many people as I could, but when I asked them how I can leave a review, they would not tell me.

I don't want anyone to have as poor of an experience as we have had.

Sites like this make me sick, they do nothing but rip hardworking people off and take there money with no care in the world!

Shocking!

amberg20
6/11/15

I read all the bad reviews and still ordered 12 bridesmaid dresses from this website to try my luck. I was so excited when they came, until my bridesmaids tried them on.
The dresses fit perfectly, but the sleeves were just huge and falling off the sofa. I went to many tailors to see if there was an easy way to fix them and was told many times that the terrible design would mean altering the entire dress to fix the sleeves and would therefore be very expensive.

I attempted to contact okdress about the dresses, got responses, sent them images as proof of the bridesmaids in the dresses, and was simply told the sleeve design was "special" and I should just try pulling them up.

I therefore wasted £600 and had to buy completely different dresses from a UK store.
Please do not order from this site and make the same as me, customer service is not decent if you have a problem - and more likely than not you will do.

lisaw94
6/9/15

My dress arrived today and it is beautiful! Good workmanship (I should know as my late mother made wedding dresses ).
I was apprehensive due to some negative feedback, but I must say I'm really pleased. It looks just like the photo and the size 12 I ordered is a perfect fit.
I did have to pay £13 tax but it said that in the small print so I was expecting it.
All in all very happy.

carols81
5/27/15

Ordered my dress and not only is it the wrong colour it does not fit properly.

Since when is bright red burgundy? when it comes fro OKdress apparently!! The picture below has the dress and a burgundy coat. Can you tell the difference? And which one is Burgundy?

Because they didn't ask for the right measurements it doesn't fit properly. They asked for waist and fullest part of the bust but didn't ask for under bust measurement so it is 4 inches too big under the bust so falls down. It is a shame as it does seem to be well made.

They have been ignoring my emails and only replied because I said that if they didn't reply I would take that as them accepting responsibility. Obviously they came back almost imediately then to say it is the right colour and they couldn't read the measurements on my photo.

Is it always this difficult to get a reply or a refund from them? I'll repost and say if they do or not.

annb49
5/27/15

This website had a lot of horrific reviews that really put me off and yet here I have a beautiful prom dress that arrived in less than 2 weeks and absolutely no hassle and Staff were courteous. From reading these reviews i would only warn BEWARE BUYING A DRESS WITH BEADING AND ORNAMENTS.Mine had only a simple belt and so I think that is why the quality was so high. I ordered the Off-Shoulder A-Line Classy Prom Dresses in ocean blue and although shipping was pricey I would really recommend this shop.

alisonm28
5/24/15

I too was nervous about the negative reviews but was very pleased with the dresses and the service.
I ordered 3 dresses on 30/4 and they arived on 21/5.
One if the dresses was plus sized which is why I chose ok dress.
The three dresses are a good fit and three young ladies look stunning in them.
Apart from a few minor alterations to the length and to male them fit the girls own shape I am very pleased withbthe dresses as are the bridesmaids.

annmarieb6
5/7/15

After reading so many of these bad reviews I became completely nervous of the outcome. I emailed ok dress by the email address they had provided on there website and they replied within 24 hours. They were extremely helpful and polite and I was very happy with their service. After only 2 and a half weeks like they stated on their website my dress had arrived. The dress came exactly as ordered and It was exactly like the picture. The material was chiffon as I had wanted and the stitching was good, and it was better than I could have imagined (due to having such a bad image in my head from the previous reviews). I'm so glad I ordered my dress from ok dress and would recommend them! Could not have asked for anything better!!

No you can't.. I've been trying for weeks because they sent me a dress 6 inches too short and it was covered in stains.. They are refusing to give me my money back even though I've sent pictures for evidence. They are very rude and told me it's no good to them and there's nothing wrong with it! Horrible company

By Emma L.

The dresses I ordered took over 2 weeks to arrive, and I was gutted when they turned up wrong. I'd advise having a back up plan just incase

By Hayley C.

I used the online chat to keep a trace on my order. No problems and was delivered on time and dresses were good

By Alison M.

Tbh I didn't try but heard they are appalling at refunds!!! I think the jist of it was that you wouldn't get your full refund and it wasn't really worth the hassle for the amount that you got back. Don't order from them!!!!

By Elizabeth H.

Honestly it's not worth the risk, yes they're cheaper and you're saving money but they're done to a really poor standard - and the ones I ordered were just a plain satin material, no fancy business. I've emailed their customer service frequently and even after they eventually said they would compensate me 10% of what I spent I've since received nothing and now don't get replys to my emails at all. My honest opinion is you'll more likely than not need to pay for alterations for the dress as well as the dress price and shipping, if that works out cheaper for you than getting another dress than it might work but it didn't work for me.

By Amber G.

Questions? Get answers from the OKdress.co.uk staff and other customers.

OKdress.co.uk?