Review of Mywit

Tel: 1671580518
support@mywit.com

hiept3
4/23/19

I was looking through the smartphone market and settled on getting the Samsung Galaxy S9+. I didn't want to buy new or previously owned phone so I chose to buy a refurbished phone cause I knew at least I was guaranteed that it'd be working so I researched some websites to buy refurbished phones off of. I came across "NewEgg.com". NewEgg is an online electronics store that sells computers, monitors, accessories, and most importantly refurbished phones. They had a great variety of selections for the S9+ so I was able to get exactly what I wanted. I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S9+, Coral Blue, 64gb, and GSM unlocked. I got it for ~$400 plus S&H plus tax. I waited 4 days and the phone came in no delivery issue from FedEx. Okay, now I didn't buy directly from MyWit but it was from the NewEgg Marketplace and MyWit sold me the phone I got. I ordered the phone in "Excellent Condition" which is considered the A+ condition for NewEgg's standard of refurbished phones. The package had everything it promised, a charger, adapter, and the phone. I checked every where on the phone and found only a couple of micro-scratches on the bottom, a some-what noticeable scratch at the bottom back of the phone, and another small scratch in between the finger scanner and the camera. I got some images where you'll kinda get the idea of what the scratches look like. Really though they aren't that noticeable. Everywhere else had no scratches at all, sides okay, charging port okay, and front screen okay as well (in the picture i have a screen protector on so yeah). Physically the phone was good, I for one don't care too much about the appearance of the phone but it's still really good condition, nothing that would hinder it's performance. Once I turned on the phone I checked all the hardware stuff i.e. Earpiece, speaker, audio jack, lcd, camera, flashlights, etc. I've also been using in for a week and have found no problem. All in all the phone was in the condition MyWit/NewEgg promised, i didn't have to go to NewEgg or MyWitt for any problems at all. I was kinda hesitant on buying a refurbished phone since it felt a little sketchy and my parents were also doubtful too. But I took the risk and got a phone $300 off if I were to buy it new for basically the same condition. It doesn't even smell used! My experience with buying a refurbished phone from MyWit/NewEgg was fantastic, they provided what I was promised. The only issue I came across was that my phone was actually still locked for AT&T, but as most people should know, AT&T and T-Mobile (the provider I have) both operate on the same provider platform and are actually interchangeable. They both use a physical SIM card which worked out for me as I only needed to email AT&T to unlock and they even sent me the T-Mobile unlock code within 30 minutes. Other than that minor provider problem which was actually pretty easy to fix, I got what I paid for and now have a new phone I am happy with. Again, I got it from NewEgg but was sold to my by a Third-Party, MyWit. The first two images show the micro-scratches along the bottom of the phone, the next three show the some-what noticeable scratch of the back, and the sixth shows the little scarches in between the scanner.

Tip for consumers: I got mine from NewEgg and received a good product.

tionjourd
4/20/19

I ordered a iphone 6s plus from their website and I got exactly what i asked for . At first I was a little confused on why my SD card for At&t wouldn't work but after a few tries it worked. The phone had little to no scratches and it functions great . The only thing is that the battery health is at a 78% and it dies so fast . But this was a refurbished phone so it wasn't going to have a perfect battery . I'll just buy a new one . But overall satisfied

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
Thank you for your review. We do see that you did contact us, but you did not allow us to respond to your message within our 24 hour time frame. We did check your device and your device is GSM unlocked for carriers stated in the listing, AT&T and T-Mobile. The device is not T-Mobile locked even though it states T-Mobile on the package. The reason the package states T-Mobile is because that is where we purchased the device from. We have responded to your many messages and questions and ask that you contact us back to we can further assist you and resolve your issue. Thank you.
rainaw
3/20/19

First off I would like to apologize for letting the bad reviews get in my head and doubt your work. I purchased my iPhone 8 Plus Saturday morning at around 12am. My phone was delivered the next Tuesday by fedex at around 1pm ( I order online a lot and this is probably the fastest I've ever recieved a product without paying extra for overnight shipping). Before I even received my phone I wanted to cancel my order because of reading all of these terrible reviews but it was fortunately too late bc the phone had already been shipped THANK GOD. I was completely wrong and I apologize for that!! DO NOT LET THE BAD REVIEWS CAUSE DOUBT IN YOUR MIND! GIVE THE PEOPLE A CHANCE! They did not fail me like I had imagined they would and I am very appreciative of that!!!! To everyone that's letting the bad reviews get in the way of making the purchase, DON'T! Purchase the phone!!!!!
Side note: I ordered the phone in good condition and it came with no flaws at all!!!
Another side note: phone not only came in excellent condition but it also has an amazing battery. Also the camera works amazingggggg and the software overall works great!!
Thank You mywit!!!!!
-Raina

Response from Kiley G., Mywit Representative
Hi Raina, Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you received the phone in excellent condition and perfect working order. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're happy to help!
jorgeg86
12/12/18

order #50928
i want to return this order the cell phone is defective
the speakers do not work and not charge the battery
they do not answer the emails that I sent them

Response from Kiley G., Mywit Representative
We received your initial message on 12/11/18 and responded within 12 hours on the same day. We supplied you with a prepaid return label that you may use to return the unit. Until the unit is verified in our warehouse, we will be unable to issue a full refund. Please proceed with returning the device to prevent further delays in the process. Thank you!
jawwadb
11/27/18

Cheated me on money after deducting amount they cancel my order after few days but still i am struglling for my 629$.
Worst website do not ever order on this

Response from Kiley G., Mywit Representative
I'm sorry you are feeling cheated. After further review of your messaging with our CSR, it looks like your issue was due to a discrepancy with your billing or shipping information that was inputted at checkout. We advised what could be done to prevent this from happening in the future if you chose to try again and informed you that your refund was processed. Beyond this, we are unable to speed up the refund processing through your bank or financial institution and it is in their court at this point. Thank you for taking time to leave a review. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
nics16
9/21/18

I bought a grade 2 note 8 that was described as free of cracks or major scratches and dents. What I got was a cracked screen with a massive scratch and scratches all over the edges of the front and back.

There is simply no way this phone went through a "65 point inspection" with how gross and broken it was. There is also very little chance the "refurbishing" they do is more than wiping the storage and cleaning the screen of fingerprints. Upon inspecting for 10 seconds, there was dirt and crud along most of the edges of the device

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
Good Afternoon Nic,

You are absolutely correct. You should not have received a device with a cracked screen. We state in our listing for these fully functional, but "Good" cosmetic condition devices. Only minor scratches and blemishes are to be expected. Please reach out to us through the marketplace you used to order the device or using the phone number we include inside of the packaging at shipment. We will be happy to make this right.

Diane
akinyelej
9/13/18

It was very good. I want to help you promote your products, you can send me iPhone8 plus to help review on social media via the internet connection.

gabrielles28
8/17/18

I bought an Iphone 7 from MyWit a little over a month ago and within a week the phone started having ghosting issues. It wasn't to bad so just dealed with it, big mistake. Now the phone is completely unresponsive to me. I have now contacted MyWit twice and I still have not heard back. I am furious and want my money back. Its obvious that the phone has some serious circuiting issues and the screen was not set correctly.

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
Good Afternoon Gabrielle,

I'm very sorry to hear about the quality of the device you received. We are required to respond to all of our inquiries within a 24 hour period and all of our marketplaces are currently up to date. I am unable to locate your order without some more details. Please reach out to us at CertifiedPhoneSupport@assurant.com for additional assistance. Most of our devices have a 90 day guarantee from the date of purchase. Please contact us so that we can assist you.

Diane
katerit
8/7/18
• Updated review

I emailed Mywit directly and they refused to help me with this issue. They refused to even give me their mailing address. The only way to contact them is through email. Super shady.

Response from Kiley G., Mywit Representative
We were attempting to assist you with resolving this issue. We are unable to do so without the information that was requested privately.
“phone doesn't work”
7/26/18
• Previous review

I purchased an iphone 6 from them and the phone does not accept calls. I've emailed them re this issue and have not received a response from them. There is also no phone number to reach them at.

Response from Kiley G., Mywit Representative
Hi Kateri, I want to apologize for the unsatisfactory device and service you received. I want to assure you that we are required to respond to all customer messages within 24 hours of receiving them. We also provide our phone number in our box when the phone is shipped. If you haven't received a response to your message, it could be that you are contacting the channel directly (i.e. Walmart, Sears, Amazon or eBay) and not contacting us. They do not always forward that information to us and therefore, we would be unaware of any communication. I would be happy to look into this issue further for you but would require some additional information. I have reached out privately to you to obtain this information. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
jm472
7/31/18

I bought a phone in May 2018, it stopped working. Victoria from Mywit company said there is only 30 day warranty. I replied that website states 90 day money back warranty , that's their promise. I was told that the 30 day policy changed in July 2018 to 90 days, then why were some of these customers warranty not honored? Especially the ones that bought it in June 2018. I have everything scripted.

Response from Kiley G., Mywit Representative
We apologize that you feel you were cheated out of returning your device for a full refund. Recently, we ran a promotion for a 90-day money back guarantee where devices purchased after the new plan was implemented could be returned within 90 days for a full refund if you were not satisfied or experienced any issues with the phone. In many cases, we are happy to work with our customers and work out a solution that is satisfactory. Unfortunately, with a device was purchased more than 30 days prior to the new 90 day return policy, we were unable to make an exception.
zachm31
7/22/18

If you have a problem, it will be solved. Just remember to actually talk and not be quick to anger, like our natural reaction is to disappointment is. After explaining my situation, they solved my problem and I am happy.

Response from Victoria B., Mywit Representative
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are upset. Our listings clearly state the descriptions of all our devices and do give a clear understanding as to what condition the device is in. Used devices such as ours are sent through a rigorous inspection process. At any time during that process the device fails, we then repair the device and use OEM parts when needed. Our devices are not new which is why we state they will have scratches. They also do not always come with new batteries. The only time the battery is replaced is if it fails the inspection process. Our devices are tested by humans and sometimes devices can get through due to human error. But, at this time, we are selling thousands of devices each day and at this time, we only have a 3% return rate, so our process has improved greatly. Now unfortunately, our system no longer allows us to process partial refunds and so that is why we were unable to give you a partial refund on your order. We also do not sell any accessories and so we are unable to refund you for the accessories you purchased for the devices. This policy is also mentioned on our seller pages. We do however offer a gracious return policy which we did assist you with. Once devices are returned within that return policy, we issue a full refund. No fees such as restocking fees or convenience fees are charged! Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions. We are always more than happy to assist our customer.
donnaz41
7/19/18

I bought a refurbished iPhone 5 and have only been using it a few months. Recently i had issues with the screen going to dark red. Now its just black and doesnt work. Contacted the company via email and was informed they only warranty the product for 30 days. What a waste of money. I would stay far away from this company.

Response from Victoria B., Mywit Representative
Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we do offer return policies in all of our stores. At this time we do not offer any warranties on our devices. Our return polices are posted on all of our listings which can be reviewed before purchasing. We do ask on all of our listings to be contacted before that return policy expires so we can assist you with the return of the product. You did contact us, but unfortunately you were far outside of the first 30 days of purchase and so that is why we were unable to accept the return. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. We are always more than happy to assist any way we can. Thank you, MyWit
lisan185
6/24/18

No communication from this company... Ive tried to contact this company through email from the beginning of the purchase with no response. When I ordered I upgraded the shipping then when I tracked the order it was not going to be delivered by the date it should have been. I contacted amazon which contacted mywit regarding this issue...no response. I was on vacation and was leaving the day it was to be delivered so I attempted to cancel the order. Im no longer at the address it was to ship to so Ive yet again reached out to see if they contacted the shipping company to have them return the package...no response...Im going to have to drive 12 hours to find this phone and personally deliver it to them and get my money back while Im pissed off...Bless their heart DONT ORDER FROM THEM

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
Hello. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we are required to answer all customer questions/comments within 24 hours. All communication has been replied to in order to meet our marketplace expectations. Please know that once the package has been shipped, the package is in the customers name and we can not make any shipping changes to the package on the customers behalf. Please know that once the order has been submitted, no changes can be made to the order. We are sorry to hear you are frustrated with the outcome of the resolutions we have suggested, however we have assisted you in the best way to receive the package with the shipping purchased at the time of checkout. Please feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to continue to assist you. Kind regards, MyWit
kerrym116
5/29/18

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT NOTHING; THEY WILL SELL YOU A BROKE PHONE

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
We apologize that you received a broken device. If you would kindly reach out to us via the marketplace messenger that you purchased the device through, we would be able to better assist you.
joannac42
5/10/18

I purchased a fully refurbished iPhone 6s from Mywit via Amazon. When I went to the Sprint store to activate, I was quickly informed that the phone had been reported lost or stolen. I have made attempts to call the company. No answer, no response to my voicemails.

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
We apologize that you received a device that you could not activate with Sprint. We do encourage you to reach out to us via Amazon messaging if you cannot get through on the phone as we occasionally experience higher than usual call volumes. If you still wish to resolve this issue, please reach out to us via Amazon messaging so that we are able to better assist you.
jeremyp43
3/5/18

In today's age, I (along with many) are not flabbergasted when we receive a defective item. It happens. Especially in the world of refurbished electronics. What does flabbergast me, is the lack of a solid exchange / replacement policy. This company does not offer one and when I probed them as to why, they stated reasons as "having lost money on exchanges when units were not returned to them." So instead of researching current exchange policies / systems in place in corporate USA that *do* work, their leaders opted to just nix that part of their offerings all together.

What does this mean for you?

This means that if you buy a refurbished phone from them, and the one you get is defective, you will be without a device for however long it takes them to get the defective one back, verify it in *whatever* system they do use, and issue you a refund. Then you have to go through the whole buying process again.

I purchased a used TMob. S7 edge through Amazon, and this whole process of getting the bunk one they sent me "replaced" with one that they assured me was "checked by QA" prior to sending it to me, has taken 9 days so far. That's 9 days without a phone. In my industry / profession that just doesn't work. I *have* to be connected to email for work or I don't keep my job very long. I had to "borrow" an old iPhone from a friend so that I could at least stay connected and maintain my job.

Shame on me for trying to put my faith in an unknown company and trying to stick with buying from an American company.

Shame on them, especially a specific "support representative" whose name starts with "V," for their terrible, slow, inefficient business model.

My amazon review of their product is here if you would like to see pictures and description of the problems I had with the unit they originally sent me.

You have been warned!

Amazon Review: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RHVB45DTPXXRS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B072R66Y98#RHVB45DTPXXRS

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
Hello. Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize that you encountered many inconveniences with this purchase. Unfortunately, our hands our tied when it comes to issuing replacements or exchanges. It is our hope that we will be able to offer them in the future but cannot at this time. Our return policy states that we must receive the return tracking number in order to prevent delays in processing your refund. Upon receiving the package in our warehouse, the refund may take up to 2-4 business days to be processed so that it can be verified. Please feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to further assist you. Kind regards, MyWit
margaretk72
2/23/18
• Updated review

The iPhone was delivered yesterday from Mywit. We had the sim card installed then checked the phone out to find it has 128gb of memory and that was what I ordered in the iPhone that Mywit had in their warehouse. We are so happy and appreciate Mywit returning our iPhone. Thanks muchly.

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your device. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message us in our marketplace messages.

Kiley
“You will be sorry if you have purchased from this company”
• Previous review

We have had some contact back and forth. Last email they would be looking for iPhone in warehouse and when found they would contact me with tracking number. It has been a week since last contact. Not familiar with how a warehouse system works but would imagine with computers and some kind of number system used should hear from them soon.

“You will be sorry if you have purchase (s) from this company.”
• Previous review

Received notice that phone was in their warehouse with tracking number. Waited, waited and waited some more and still have not received our phone. The purchase was made through Amazon as Mywit the seller. They are definitely not honest or reliable people. You should not buy from them.

Response from Diane M., Mywit Representative
Hello Margaret,

We are sorry to hear you are have not received the device we sent you. We attempted to locate your order with the information provided in this forum, but were unable. I have sent you a private message requesting more information. Once we are able to locate your order, we will be able to assist you.

MyWit

Good morning Rosa, thank you so much for contacting us. We do have a contact number and an email where you can speak to people directly if needed. Our contact number is (717) 767-3401. Please be sure to reach out to us if you have any questions. We are always here to assist you.

By Victoria B., Mywit Representative

Hi Bryant, Thank you so much for reaching out to us and your interest in our products. All of our devices include a 90-day money back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied or experience any issues with the device, we ask that you reach out to us in the marketplace you purchased the item to receive further instructions or assistance. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

By Kiley G., Mywit Representative

I am so sorry to hear that. I am unable to find any order information for you in our system. What I suggest is contacting us directly at certifiedphonesupport@assurant.com with all of your order details so I can further assist you. Thank you!

By Victoria B., Mywit Representative

We are not a scam business. We have excellent reviews across multiple platforms where we sell our devices. Please feel free to check us out! I'm sure your negative opinion of us will change once you've done business with us.

By Kiley G., Mywit Representative

Thank you so much for contacting us. We do sell a lot of devices on many market places and we do have a very low return rate with the devices that we sell. We also try to provide a great customer experience and excellent customer service when it comes to all questions and concerns regarding the devices. Our feedback score exceeds 90% positive across all our marketplaces. In fact, yours is the first negative review or comment that we received this year. It seems, Sitejabber is an anomaly and not a reliable depiction of our performance. As an example, people can leave comments without ever having purchased from our stores. We currently offer a 90-day return policy in most of our stores. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us any time. Kind Regards, MyWit

By Kiley G., Mywit Representative

Thank you for contacting us. Please reach out to us in Amazon messenger with the return tracking number so that we are able to better assist you. We hope to hear from you soon! Kind Regards, My Wit

By Diane M., Mywit Representative

Thank you so much for contacting us. We would like to assist you in the best way. Would you mind contacting us through the seller portal so we can further assist you? We do sell a lot of devices on many market places and we do have a very low return rate with the devices that we sell. We also try to provide an great customer experience and excellent customer service when it comes to all questions and concerns regarding the devices that we sell in our online stores. We currently offer a 90 day return policy in most of our stores as well. In our Amazon store, we have always offered a 90 day return policy and so if at any time within that first 90 days of purchase, we will accept the device back for any reason and provide return information. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us any time. Thank you so much! MyWit

By Diane M., Mywit Representative

Hello, Thank you for contacting us. To ensure we assist you in the best way, can you please contact us through our website? Please be sure to provide to us the order number, to ensure prompt service. We look forward to hearing back from you. Kind regards, MyWit

By Diane M., Mywit Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Mywit staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Mywit