Musician's Friend reviews

Tel: 800-449-9128
forums@musiciansfriend.com

tammies31
2/11/19

Grandfather ordered my son a guitar from this place. He calls cause guitar is cutting out when plugged into amp. My son received it for Christmas 2018 it is now February 11 2019.They said It's out of warranty seriously I get more than a 30 day warranty on a 30$ coffee pot. You guys suck thanks for nothing. Won't even buy a guitar pick from you now. I recommend Guitar Center or Sweetwater. Have a nice day.

carriew91
2/2/19

First time using MF- Yamaha electric guitar, headphones and amp delivered ahead of schedule, after huge Midwest snowstorm amidst freezing temps. Packaging was perfect and equipment as ordered plus unexpected additional guitar add-ons.

roberth1085
12/31/18

They are not worthy of the name " friend". They are a bunch of ripoffs who don't deal direct with customers.l know they are hiding in there. Come out, little ripoffs..

melindab86
12/20/18

i ordered an amp cover fender gt 200, they sent the 100 and when i complaint of course get nowhere with them because ship it back gonna cost more then the cover itself if i order a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!really pissed with them

jamesa572
12/6/18

I ordered a VSL orchestral library from MF. Two days later I received used serial numbers. VSL support confirmed that the numbers were already registered to an MF account. In other words, someone at MF stole my serial numbers before sending them to me. I've spent a week trying to get valid serial numbers with no resolution in sight. I have turned the matter over to PayPal to try to get my money back. I will never do business with this company again.

percyf9
11/24/18

Please don't buy anything from Musiciansfriend as they're dishonest in conducting business. The sales rep will lie to get your order as they work on commission. I ordered couple of items on Nov. 19th and was assured it will be shipped via 2 day shipping. Well, that was just to get my money. I called today on Nov. 24th as my package didn't come. I called to find out what happened and I was told it will arrive on Nov. 27th. This is their definition of "2Day shipping" so be careful. They'll take your money and run. Musiciansfriend DOES NOT take any responsibility after the sale which is a DAMN SHAME!!

wilsond25
11/16/18

Ordered many guitars and guitar accessories over the years and have always been very satisfied with Musicians friend.

gerards40
11/11/18

Bought my electric from here. All went well, except the shipping took about a week more than expected. Guitar came in perfect condition, so it's fine I guess.

waynes199
10/16/18

Empty box arrived on my doorstep 6/6/2018...it is now 10/16/2018. No guitar, no money back, no resolution. I keep being told they are "investigating" it with FedEx and as soon as they know something they'll tell me. So I contacted FedEx. The claim that had been filed was denied and musicians friend was told they did not file the claim soon enough. Bear in mind I reported the incident as soon as the empty box arrived. Now MF says they're working with FedEx to reopen the claim because MF swears they reported it within a week after I called it in. MF never reaches out to me, I always initiate contact. For every 3 emails or phone calls I make I may get 1 response. I've asked for managers and supervisors with no luck either. I've told them to just let me know if I'm not getting my product and if they're keeping my money so I can just move on, but nothing. I'm convinced they just ignore you long enough that you go away. Horrible company that I've spent thousands on over 20 years now and I'll never buy from them again over a dispute with a bass that costs less than $300...

davids1807
9/24/18

I placed an order that was promised to be on my step within 3 days.... magically, it is now back ordered for 2 months. 2 months? I called their customer service phone (which was anything but customer service) and got someone that clearly didn't care, so I canceled the order. I will NEVER attempt to do business with this company again.

ericah74
9/18/18

We bought a violin and a bow. Order number mf1285425042 on Aug 23 2018.They didn't check the product before shipping. We received a disgusting bow with fungus and mold. Please see the photo. We spent over $800 but got a poor quality bow.
We already sent the photos regarding the bow showing 5 spots with mold and fungus when the violin arrived. But the company asked us to mail back the bow from Taiwan. And they didn't pay the international return freight cost. It is the poorest service we had encountered .We only want to return the money of bow and excuse.

gabrielj24
9/17/18

We attempted to buy a classical guitar that was on a sale and back ordered. It was only supposed to take an extra two weeks and that was fine. However, over the next month the back order date continuously slipped until it was pushed over three weeks beyond the initial date. That's when we decided to get of the back order game and actually bought the guitar from someone that actually had the guitar. Don't trust their back order time lines. They are meaningless and they don't care that their drawing customers in and charging them for items they can't actually provide. An upstanding company would simply mark the item as out of stock and wait till they actually had a firm shipment date but that is not the Musician's Friend.

lohab
9/9/18

So, in previous world this site was available for some information and I visited here in time to time.. However now site is defunct for European users. Seek your information elsewhere

fredi15
9/4/18

I spent 2 and a half grand back in July 2018 thinking I could apply the points to a September 218 purchase and they told me I have no acquired points. Turns out that the guy who took my phone order back then never connected the points to my account and therfore nothing. This is after my points from another purchase expired a few years back. What a scammy mess! Seems like there's nothing they can ever do to fix the problems caused by their own inefficiencies.

jamesn262
8/24/18

I ordered a PA system that was "backordered" so I was fully prepared for additional wait time. A couple of weeks after order was placed, I received notice that my system was shipped. That's when the trouble started. ABF Freight (another terrible company to stay away from) was chosen by MF to deliver the system to my home. ABF scheduled two appointments wherein they never showed up and I had to call them to ask what happened. They said the driver should have called both times because the system was not on the truck. They then "located" my system in their warehouse and attempted to deliver it. It arrived with ripped, damaged packing, broken and missing equipment. I rejected the order, attempted to contact MF but have heard nothing from this terrible company for the last week! Stay away! I have pictures of the damaged boxes but this site will not upload them.

howardr74
8/20/18

Each purchase from Musician's Friend has been very satisfactory. And I have to say, I purchased the Rogue Dreadnought to be my beater, It has surpassed all expectations. Many Thanks!

donaldc191
8/18/18

I bought a brand new guitar and paid extra for expedited shipping AND Saturday delivery. Received it on Saturday, but the lower pickups don't work. I called and service rep, Nicholas, said the manufacturers warranty would cover it and to call them. I said I'd rather get a new guitar. He told me I'd have to wait until their warehouse received it and processed it before they would ship a new one.... because people don't ship them back if they get a new one. He stated once again that I couldn't be trusted to send the broken one back, so I said I'd just return it for a refund. He said he wouldn't return my money for the shipping, so I asked to talk to his supervisor. After waiting on hold, he returned and said that this wasn't important enough for a busy supervisor to spend time on. So now I have to wait to get a replacement because I don't want to lose the 50 bucks...I shipped that POS back in less than two hours after receiving it. If this ever gets resolved, I will NEVER buy from Musician's Friend again.

jo48
8/3/18

Online ordering is misleading. Look for the fine print. I never found it but they claim it is there. Or better yet, buy elsewhere.

anthonyc339
8/3/18

Great customer service. Almost always free shipping. Excellent rewards program.
You can find just about anything you are looking for in the realm of musical instruments , parts, amplifiers , lighting, and accompanying gear. Super competitive pricing .This site also has pertinent reviews on whatever you are shopping for. I love shopping for toys and MF puts the fun and joy into the search and purchase. Outstanding return policy.

samm296
7/22/18

I'd never heard of Musician's Friend until I happened on their site while doing research for a Martin guitar I was thinking about buying. As it turned out, they had it on a special hot deal for $200 off the regular price. It was too good to pass up so I bought it. Then I started reading reviews that told how bad they are and I had a lot of second thoughts. As it turned out, I made the purchase late Tuesday evening, it shipped on Wednesday and I got a brand new Martin guitar in the factory box this afternoon. They couldn't have done better.

kathyr202
6/30/18

Purchased a Epiphone Les Paul elec guitar and small amp. Electric is not for me. Confirmed I'm an acoustic gal. So, requested to return products. Took to UPS & it cost over $100.00 to return to MF. This is unbelievable to me. I'm sure MF receives discounts from their carriers UPS/FedEx. Why don't you extend something to your customers? NEVER AGAIN! You just lost a customer.

howards95
5/9/18

Beware of Fender and Squier instruments being sold by Musicians Friend. I could not get Fender or Squier to verify and send me a certificate that my guitar was not counterfeit and this was at the request of customer service at Musicians Friend. I even sent pictures of the guitar as well as the serial number. Caveat emptor.

robertw444
4/27/18

After dealing with Sweetwater and Musicians friend for years, I can assure u that you should buy NEW gear from musicians friend. Better tech support, honest REPS. Better prices on most gear. They simply have more durable gear. Sweetwater sells refurbished type stuff and returned gear as New. That's a fact.
MF Won't sell you old/"new" gear buried deep in a huge warehouse.
MF actually inspects items, Sweetwater lies about their 55 point evaluation (that's obvious bs,lol)
Sweetwater has great marketing tactics and will easily fool nonprofessional-musicians. They tell you everything u want to hear during the sale. When ur item breaks after 30 days their attitude changes. They work hand in hand with companies, to sell the companies reject items...They look new cuz They make them look new. SCAM. Sweetwater can easily replace thier garbage cuz they exchange it for garbage! They get these items cheap cuz of the sheer amount they buy. They don't buy companies good stuff, they buy up their garbage...Their 2 year warranty is a scam. Their expensive stuff over $900 breaks right after 2 years (conveniently after the warranty expires) ..while Musicians friend has never sold me an item that has broke, EVER! Not even a demo, or refurbished item, nothing! I've bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from MF.... Even Sweetwaters patch cables are garbage after a short time. They sell companies weaker, older stock, I promise you!!.
Sweetwaters garbage let's me down constantly.
I'm done with SW and dealing only with MF, Reverb.com, or ebay/craigslist.
Sweetwater gives a 2 year warranty cuz their stuff breaks, not cuz they care! Every company would do it if there wasnt a catch. Read between the lines, folks...They will knock off $200 on a $1200 item for a reason folks...i can't explain everything that has happened to me at Sweetwater. If interested on what to expect from sweetwater u can reach me at reverbluv@gmail.com. My mom taught me as a kid to never trust strangers that give me candy...sweetwater puts candy in every box, lol...im not falling for their scam any longer.
Pathetic company that relies on foreign sweatshops to sell there merchandise. My last orange ad30 amp i got from Sweetwater sounded like it was built by a malnourished, beaten 10 year old in some dungeon in china after the warranty expired and i played the amp maybe 15 times for a total of 10 hours tops....screw Chinese goods, screw sweetwaters sweatshop crap... Boycott Sweetwater and their communist friends and buy American made from Musicians Friend.
If you are the type that goes to the car dealership to get your windshield wipers changed, or buy your 10 year old a $4000 Taylor guitar, then Sweetwater may be right up your alley. If you want durability in the gear u buy, from people that know gear, trust MUSICIANS FRIEND. You won't be sorry.
Their name says it all, musiciansFRIEND.
Don't believe the positive reviews about Sweetwater. It's ur hard earned money....you have been warned.

kenf92
4/7/18

MUSICIAN'S UNFRIEND . Bought a guitar open box $319 with the help of sales associate online chat and confirmed by phone. Received email confirmation of order , then received Back order notice. The next day I get a cancellation notice of order. Call customer service for assistance, basically told me T.S. you can purchase at regular sale price of $499. They used to call that bait and switch . Why did associate online and phone confirm that it was in stock when the was purchase made? NOT A FRIEND OF THIS MUSICIAN . #Musician'sFriend buyer beware

chrish541
3/24/18

This company is simply the worst. They have apparently confused the meaning of "hassle free" returns that they tout. Instead, they have a "hassle only" customer service line. Will never order anything from them again. If you need musical equipment, buy it through Amazon - you'll be better off.

I have had too many bad experiences with MF to recommend them. I've had better experiences with Sweetwater.com if you want to buy online.

By George A.

Brett, my last 2 experiences were terrible. Very quick scenario. Bought a little bit better than entry electric, case, and amp. Very simple, discovered I prefer to stay acoustic and wanted to return. It cost me way more to send everything back (transport/restocking) than it was to purchase. That's ridiculous. Then few months later, I wanted to add a bariuke. Then I found a great deal on a one of their Stupid Deals of the Day but had to run out to an appt. 2 hours later back home (before noon) to place order...really a freakin' great deal. The uke was removed from their site. I called and asked what happened to the uke that was on the Stupid Deal 2 hrs. ago and gave them the make and model number. Customer service without even a hesitation told me "we can do whatever we want whenever we want." I asked if they would extend the sale to me. The guy said "what did I just say lady, but hold on I'll see if they'll let me do something." He comes back and offered me a DEAL? $85.00 more than what was posted on their Stupid Deal of the Day price. In 2 hours a $85.00 increase and major attitude.

By kathy r.

Questions? Get answers from the Musician's Friend staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Musician's Friend