Musician's Friend reviews

Tel: 800-449-9128
forums@musiciansfriend.com

robynb72
4/4/19

If you are going to buy an instrument DO NOT BUY from this company. Why? Well if you want to return it YOU pay shipping! Shipping a guitar is expensive so you will probably just have to suck it up and keep it or sell it on CL or similar.
I would say you may be safe.with small things like tuners or straps as long as you know what you are buying.

brookeb90
3/25/19

I received an item that FedEx damaged. MF said they would refund my purchase and have FedEx pick up the item. Wonderful! Except after 2 weeks and multiple calls to MF, still no contact from FedEx to get the broken item AND since I paid via paypal, they wouldn't refund my money. I needed the item so I had to repurchase and thankfully that one arrived undamaged. Today again, I called MF. Each customer service representative gives me a different story and different excuse for why they cant help me. The supervisor gets on the line. They generate a shipping label, now I need to get this piano to UPS. And the "keyboard" as MF refers to it weighs nearly as much as I do. They said they can have UPS come pick it up if I want to pay a fee and then they will reimburse me. Now I have to pay to return the damaged item when they are already holding $277 hostage?? It shouldn't be so inconvenient to return an item. Also, their customer service reps are locally sourced, creating a smart-ass attitude when dealing with an unhappy customer. At least the Supervisor was apologetic, even though she could do nothing to remedy the situation.

glenns136
3/19/19

A week ago I ordered a guitar and it came to my address in Florida. This week I ordered a gig bag for it and it was sent to an old address in Arizona. That address was not even listed in my address book. I won't order from someone who I can't trust. It will cost me $10 more to order from Amazon but at least it will be sent to my address.

michaelr1092
3/17/19

Bought two brand new guitars and both had separate, bad issues. Customer service was a nightmare and I even had to spend about 20% of the original price returning the guitars. Long time customer lost.

jayj202
2/26/19

Asked for a price match on a item that was listed well cheaper on other sites they would not even attempt to honor a lower price

tammies31
2/11/19

Grandfather ordered my son a guitar from this place. He calls cause guitar is cutting out when plugged into amp. My son received it for Christmas 2018 it is now February 11 2019.They said It's out of warranty seriously I get more than a 30 day warranty on a 30$ coffee pot. You guys suck thanks for nothing. Won't even buy a guitar pick from you now. I recommend Guitar Center or Sweetwater. Have a nice day.

carriew91
2/2/19

First time using MF- Yamaha electric guitar, headphones and amp delivered ahead of schedule, after huge Midwest snowstorm amidst freezing temps. Packaging was perfect and equipment as ordered plus unexpected additional guitar add-ons.

roberth1085
12/31/18

They are not worthy of the name " friend". They are a bunch of ripoffs who don't deal direct with customers.l know they are hiding in there. Come out, little ripoffs..

melindab86
12/20/18

i ordered an amp cover fender gt 200, they sent the 100 and when i complaint of course get nowhere with them because ship it back gonna cost more then the cover itself if i order a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!really pissed with them

jamesa572
12/6/18

I ordered a VSL orchestral library from MF. Two days later I received used serial numbers. VSL support confirmed that the numbers were already registered to an MF account. In other words, someone at MF stole my serial numbers before sending them to me. I've spent a week trying to get valid serial numbers with no resolution in sight. I have turned the matter over to PayPal to try to get my money back. I will never do business with this company again.

percyf9
11/24/18

Please don't buy anything from Musiciansfriend as they're dishonest in conducting business. The sales rep will lie to get your order as they work on commission. I ordered couple of items on Nov. 19th and was assured it will be shipped via 2 day shipping. Well, that was just to get my money. I called today on Nov. 24th as my package didn't come. I called to find out what happened and I was told it will arrive on Nov. 27th. This is their definition of "2Day shipping" so be careful. They'll take your money and run. Musiciansfriend DOES NOT take any responsibility after the sale which is a DAMN SHAME!!

wilsond25
11/16/18

Ordered many guitars and guitar accessories over the years and have always been very satisfied with Musicians friend.

gerards40
11/11/18

Bought my electric from here. All went well, except the shipping took about a week more than expected. Guitar came in perfect condition, so it's fine I guess.

waynes199
10/16/18

Empty box arrived on my doorstep 6/6/2018...it is now 10/16/2018. No guitar, no money back, no resolution. I keep being told they are "investigating" it with FedEx and as soon as they know something they'll tell me. So I contacted FedEx. The claim that had been filed was denied and musicians friend was told they did not file the claim soon enough. Bear in mind I reported the incident as soon as the empty box arrived. Now MF says they're working with FedEx to reopen the claim because MF swears they reported it within a week after I called it in. MF never reaches out to me, I always initiate contact. For every 3 emails or phone calls I make I may get 1 response. I've asked for managers and supervisors with no luck either. I've told them to just let me know if I'm not getting my product and if they're keeping my money so I can just move on, but nothing. I'm convinced they just ignore you long enough that you go away. Horrible company that I've spent thousands on over 20 years now and I'll never buy from them again over a dispute with a bass that costs less than $300...

davids1807
9/24/18

I placed an order that was promised to be on my step within 3 days.... magically, it is now back ordered for 2 months. 2 months? I called their customer service phone (which was anything but customer service) and got someone that clearly didn't care, so I canceled the order. I will NEVER attempt to do business with this company again.

ericah74
9/18/18

We bought a violin and a bow. Order number mf1285425042 on Aug 23 2018.They didn't check the product before shipping. We received a disgusting bow with fungus and mold. Please see the photo. We spent over $800 but got a poor quality bow.
We already sent the photos regarding the bow showing 5 spots with mold and fungus when the violin arrived. But the company asked us to mail back the bow from Taiwan. And they didn't pay the international return freight cost. It is the poorest service we had encountered .We only want to return the money of bow and excuse.

gabrielj24
9/17/18

We attempted to buy a classical guitar that was on a sale and back ordered. It was only supposed to take an extra two weeks and that was fine. However, over the next month the back order date continuously slipped until it was pushed over three weeks beyond the initial date. That's when we decided to get of the back order game and actually bought the guitar from someone that actually had the guitar. Don't trust their back order time lines. They are meaningless and they don't care that their drawing customers in and charging them for items they can't actually provide. An upstanding company would simply mark the item as out of stock and wait till they actually had a firm shipment date but that is not the Musician's Friend.

lohab
9/9/18

So, in previous world this site was available for some information and I visited here in time to time.. However now site is defunct for European users. Seek your information elsewhere

fredi15
9/4/18

I spent 2 and a half grand back in July 2018 thinking I could apply the points to a September 218 purchase and they told me I have no acquired points. Turns out that the guy who took my phone order back then never connected the points to my account and therfore nothing. This is after my points from another purchase expired a few years back. What a scammy mess! Seems like there's nothing they can ever do to fix the problems caused by their own inefficiencies.

jamesn262
8/24/18

I ordered a PA system that was "backordered" so I was fully prepared for additional wait time. A couple of weeks after order was placed, I received notice that my system was shipped. That's when the trouble started. ABF Freight (another terrible company to stay away from) was chosen by MF to deliver the system to my home. ABF scheduled two appointments wherein they never showed up and I had to call them to ask what happened. They said the driver should have called both times because the system was not on the truck. They then "located" my system in their warehouse and attempted to deliver it. It arrived with ripped, damaged packing, broken and missing equipment. I rejected the order, attempted to contact MF but have heard nothing from this terrible company for the last week! Stay away! I have pictures of the damaged boxes but this site will not upload them.

howardr74
8/20/18

Each purchase from Musician's Friend has been very satisfactory. And I have to say, I purchased the Rogue Dreadnought to be my beater, It has surpassed all expectations. Many Thanks!

donaldc191
8/18/18

I bought a brand new guitar and paid extra for expedited shipping AND Saturday delivery. Received it on Saturday, but the lower pickups don't work. I called and service rep, Nicholas, said the manufacturers warranty would cover it and to call them. I said I'd rather get a new guitar. He told me I'd have to wait until their warehouse received it and processed it before they would ship a new one.... because people don't ship them back if they get a new one. He stated once again that I couldn't be trusted to send the broken one back, so I said I'd just return it for a refund. He said he wouldn't return my money for the shipping, so I asked to talk to his supervisor. After waiting on hold, he returned and said that this wasn't important enough for a busy supervisor to spend time on. So now I have to wait to get a replacement because I don't want to lose the 50 bucks...I shipped that POS back in less than two hours after receiving it. If this ever gets resolved, I will NEVER buy from Musician's Friend again.

jo48
8/3/18

Online ordering is misleading. Look for the fine print. I never found it but they claim it is there. Or better yet, buy elsewhere.

anthonyc339
8/3/18

Great customer service. Almost always free shipping. Excellent rewards program.
You can find just about anything you are looking for in the realm of musical instruments , parts, amplifiers , lighting, and accompanying gear. Super competitive pricing .This site also has pertinent reviews on whatever you are shopping for. I love shopping for toys and MF puts the fun and joy into the search and purchase. Outstanding return policy.

samm296
7/22/18

I'd never heard of Musician's Friend until I happened on their site while doing research for a Martin guitar I was thinking about buying. As it turned out, they had it on a special hot deal for $200 off the regular price. It was too good to pass up so I bought it. Then I started reading reviews that told how bad they are and I had a lot of second thoughts. As it turned out, I made the purchase late Tuesday evening, it shipped on Wednesday and I got a brand new Martin guitar in the factory box this afternoon. They couldn't have done better.

I have had too many bad experiences with MF to recommend them. I've had better experiences with Sweetwater.com if you want to buy online.

By George A.

Brett, my last 2 experiences were terrible. Very quick scenario. Bought a little bit better than entry electric, case, and amp. Very simple, discovered I prefer to stay acoustic and wanted to return. It cost me way more to send everything back (transport/restocking) than it was to purchase. That's ridiculous. Then few months later, I wanted to add a bariuke. Then I found a great deal on a one of their Stupid Deals of the Day but had to run out to an appt. 2 hours later back home (before noon) to place order...really a freakin' great deal. The uke was removed from their site. I called and asked what happened to the uke that was on the Stupid Deal 2 hrs. ago and gave them the make and model number. Customer service without even a hesitation told me "we can do whatever we want whenever we want." I asked if they would extend the sale to me. The guy said "what did I just say lady, but hold on I'll see if they'll let me do something." He comes back and offered me a DEAL? $85.00 more than what was posted on their Stupid Deal of the Day price. In 2 hours a $85.00 increase and major attitude.

By kathy r.

Questions? Get answers from the Musician's Friend staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Musician's Friend