Review of The Reed Lounge

Tel: 0800 246 1465

1 star

peterh430
8/20/18

Friendly greeting, no pressure to buy, plenty of time to evaluate the Lachenal Duet Concertina. Concertina was in good condition, with new pads, minimal wear on bellows, easy to handle. Just need to learn how to play it!

ericm382
8/5/18

I ordered new straps for my accordion. They are as advertised and very comfortable. delivery was spot on. Eric

mandis13
7/31/18

It was a great afternoon. I like the idea of an appointment system because it is like being in somebody's lounge in the house as there was just me and the friend I brought with me, and we felt we could spend hours there trying out Accordions. A very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere provided by Murray. Thanks Murray.

janen77
7/16/18

Website was easy to navigate and find what I wanted to buy, ordering process was easy and order was received quickly.

ginam152
7/14/18

Reed Lounge sold me the type of concertina I wanted for a reasonable price... a rebuilt rosewood Lachenal anglo with steel reeds. It was exactly what I expected, promptly and safely delivered. Altogether a positive experience!

janev36
6/27/18

Loved the personal service and well worth the journey. Found the melodeon that was just right for me at the right price.

yvonnep34
6/25/18

Very good service and advice. Very satisfied with the Pigini accordion.
Slight delivery problem which was sorted quickly..

simonm136
6/17/18

The Hetetique 1st CD was on Murray's stall at Halsway Manor, I paid by card, got receipt by email & got added to Reed Lounge mailing list. I am also enjoying the CD (!). A well oiled system.

donr157
6/8/18

Unlucky time for me to deal with them as unknowing to me they were away on holiday. Will not stop me from trying a gain.

hilaryw21
5/15/18

I have just started learning the English Concertina and was pleased to find this sweet Lachenal on the Reed Lounge web site.
It arrived within 48 hours of ordering and was carefully packed and presented.
It is in immaculate condition and I absolutely love playing it.
A great little instrument that suits my needs.

garryc46
4/29/18

Impulse buys are often disastrous, but no regrets over my quick-fire decision to part exchange my DG Loffet for a Saltarelle upgrade. An excellent deal. Five-star service

ronb219
4/11/18

Service very good. Spoke to very helpful gentleman on 'phone and order processed immediately. If there was a small problem it was with their carrier who took 4 days to deliver an alleged 48 hour service !

kathryng44
4/10/18

I am new to the concertina but Murray was really helpful and had a great selection of Anglo concertinas
I am really happy with the one I bought and and enjoying playing it

judithp34
3/16/18

I think this is a seriously good accordion. I love its classy black look; the open grille style; the extra sound scrolls and its red bellows !

It sounds beautiful. Both sides are very quick to respond and the registers give me a lot more to explore than my original Pigini P30 Cherrywood.

I wondered if, as a novice, I would immediately appreciate the bigger more 'grown-up' accordion, but I do.

I bought this during Celtic Connections in Glasgow in January. I greatly enjoyed my experience of buying this from Alan Shute there, and have enjoyed playing it ever since.

From the first few weeks of practicing I know this has been a good purchase and I hope in time to do it justice.

catrionar
2/4/18

I got help and some explanation on how to play as well. Plus I can email for help if needed! I felt comfortable that I was getting good advice.

williamc293
1/25/18

Item arrived on time well packed and working ok. Had a few difficulties setting it up but got no replies from 2 emails I sent, otherwise ok

michaelr420
12/27/17

very fast delivery of a very secure parcel. The item was very well protected and took a while to unwrap.

jent52
12/22/17

No hassle at all. Order placing is simple. Case arrived quickly enough. Didn't need to contact them for anything.

charlesc189
12/8/17

Friendly & welcoming, good advice, excellent follow-up. The Reed Lounge should succeed in everything it sets out to do.

petem60
11/26/17

Excellent service, Murray. Now just need to get rid of those A59 steep valley landslip roadworks :-)

alfredt10
11/23/17

Tuning changes on a used Melodeon executed well.
'Online chat' via website not bad but overall impression is of poor or nil response to email and a rather detached approach to things which is not very reassuring.

alanf65
11/19/17

I needed a back plate for a Pigini. The day it was delivered Murray happened to be going South to be a tutor at a workshop which I was going to. He kindly brought the back plate with him and I was able to get it fitted by a repairer who was running his shop at the event.
A very nice job all round!

derrickh37
11/10/17

I needed a replacement accordion strap set. I contacted The Reed Lounge who discussed the problem, on a return phone call, gave excellent advice and supplied a superb quality product. They followed up by checking receipt and satisfaction. Very impressive and caring for a relatively inexpensive item!

lauram305
9/30/17

I originally only went with my mum to collect her new accordion! While there I noticed a 120 bass accordion that would have been suitable for my 12 year old son. We arranged to take him up a couple of days later to have a look at it. Murray was really helpful and patient with him while he tried it out. We bought the accordion, and my son is getting on really well with it and loves it (despite his initial apprehension at trading in his other accordion, which he was quite attached to as it had been his first one!)

alysonc4
9/23/17

I am very much a novice but Murray was really helpful in my choice of accordion . I was able to try out various ones (there were loads to choose from) and was given loads of time to get well acquainted with one before being given another to try. He was very knowledgeable and explained in words I could understand about the different sorts of tuning and was also very patient despite being subjected to my many badly played renderings of Tartan Ribbons At no time did I feel rushed into making a decision and felt I had had plenty of time to make a leisurely choice with lots of help. I eventually bought my accordion and am really pleased with it. I would definately recommend the Reed Lounge and will visit them again.

Questions? Get answers from the The Reed Lounge staff and other customers.

The Reed Lounge?