Zager Guitars

Zager Guitars has a consumer rating of 4.97 stars from 396 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Zager Guitars also ranks 1st among Instrument sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 99.7%

• If this isn't amazing customer service on Steroids, nothing is and I also got a world class guitar!
  • Recently I watched a short video where Dennis and Dennis Jr. Were showcasing the special addition all black ZAD 80ce.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Zager Guitars?

“Zager Parlor Acoustic Guitar”

Renee L.
8/2/20

I don't have enough adjectives to describe this sweet guitar. I own 3 other acoustics - all fine instruments. Whether it is the neck structure or the string quality on this Parlor Zager - it really is easier to play for longer. After first time practicing with it; I can say it fits me better than anything I've picked up. Beautiful deep earthy sound. The sustain lasts a few nanoseconds longer than my other guitars... it fades rather than drops. So chord changes sounds smoother. Very, very happy.

“2006 ZAD-80CE”

Tom B.
9/4/20

Still plays stellar after 14 years. The tone is full. Projects very well. I have had many acoustics in my 47 years of playing. Plays almost as easy as a well set up electric guitar. It sounds as good as my late friends Martin D41. (Wish he was here to play it.) Sincerely, Tom

customer service (79) dennis jr (29) zad 900ce (6) zad 80ce (6) sound (250) dennis zager (20) zager family (12) 100% money (13) denny jr (13) 40 years (9) denny zager (11) end guitars (10)
reneel191
August 2nd, 2020

Tip for consumers: Read all the reviews and watch the videos on the Zager site to help you decide which model is right for you.

danielb1153
July 30th, 2020
I received my Zager guitar in perfect condition. The case it came in was super nice. I tuned it up with the built in tuner. I played a few songs and from the other room my wife looked at me and said "WOW". I felt the same way. There customer service is top notch as well. I emailed them a few times and received a response in no time at all. I will be doing business with Zager again.
stevenw728
July 19th, 2020
I recently received my new Zager guitar, and signed up for the lessons too. I'm so excited about owning this treasure! The quality and attention to detail is incredible, and Dennis even signed the back of the guitar in gold. When I first took it out of its case (free with the guitar), I strummed the strings and the clarity and sound is exceptional. Thank you for continuing to make these fine guitars! Prior to and after the purchase, when chatting with Dennis, he replied immediately to my questions.
randys449
August 29th, 2020
I looked so forward to the Easy Play ZAD 50 CE. Zager ran out of that model and Upgraded me to a ZAD 80 CE at the same price! OMG, I am so happy with this beautiful, great sounding guitar! (Now I can't believe I have one of the nicest guitars on the market!) I have already written a couple songs on it and plan to record them soon, the sound is so amazing and focused. Thank you Denny

Randy S.
debbieb885
April 25th, 2020
In my 40+ years of playing guitar, I have owned many exceptional brands, such as Taylor, Martin, Guild, Gibson, and even a handmade one by a local luthier. I also had the opportunity to play many guitars from my days of working guitar sales at a guitar store. My Zager ZAD50CE matches them all as one of the best guitars I have ever played. I would have expected it to be double the price. The craftsmanship, sound, and playability, far exceeded my expectations. I'm a very pleased customer!
taylorw175
September 2nd, 2020
I just got this guitar today, and was very impressed about how well it sang from the very start. It has great tone and sustain, and certainly is easy to play. It should open up and start sounding even sweeter as time goes by, but just the first play was really satisfying. It is every bit as responsive as some of my Martin guitars are, and the build detail is great to see. Zager has great customer service, and I think this might be the first of many guitars that I buy from them. Extreme kudos!

Tip for consumers: They're great guitars. You won't be sorry.

chrism1649
April 4th, 2020
Just received the Zager parlor we bought for our son. He started learning with a Yamaha CGS102A (half-sized classical) about a year ago and was ready for an upgrade. Debated for some time on what to get him, and eventually decided to go with the Zager parlor. He loves it. It looks and sounds amazing. Couldn't be happier with the purchase and knowing he'll continue to learn on a great quality instrument that will last for years.
arthurw114
April 27th, 2020
Hello Dennis,

Just a quick note of thanks for recommending and delivering my 80 Series Orchestra Model. At age 71 my arthritis limited my chord formations and playing duration. Right out of the case I plucked an F chord and several bar chords effortlessly. Now all I want to do is practice, practice, practice thanks to my Zager guitar's accommodating size, forgiving keyboard and older player design.

Keep up the good work.

Arthur Warren
Naples, Florida
marka1219
August 2nd, 2020
This guitar just the most exquisite piece of workmanship that I have ever encountered. The attention to detail is unbelievable and the love that went into this guitar exceeded my expectations. The guitar has a wonderful feel and playability that makes picking it up an enjoyable experience. It is refreshing in this day of mass production that there are still craftsmen out there that take pride in their work. Customer service is excellent and responsive! Best purchase decision I have made in a long time.
jamess3389
July 11th, 2020
Plays like butter, in tune off the UPS truck.
What does that mean?
Somebody tuned this up, played it before they shipped it!
Family owned business, great communication getting you past the "buy my guitar by mail" problem.
I've played this out 3 times- got many compliments on look/sound.
Value- great- they sell their own guitars no markup for what I consider a fair price.
This sounds as good as my $2000 Martin
mikef921
August 1st, 2020
I received my Zager ZAD80CE OM Aura today. I must say this is a beautiful guitar. I'm still in the very early stages of learning to play, so I can't comment yet on playability, but hopefully my learning will progress faster now. What I do know already is the sound is incredible. I'll let my instructor give it a try next lesson to see what he thinks. I don't see a single flaw in it so it will not be going back.
Thanks so much to Dennis, Denny and their team
Mike F
philipw166
April 16th, 2020
I have owned and played some fabulous guitars, including a Gibson J-45, Martin D-28 and Martin D-35. BUT, the new Zager ZAD900E is by far the best guitar EVER. It has a deep, rich tone that literally sings when you play it. The Zager claim that their guitars are "easy play" is no hype. It's true! The width and shape of the neck is like nothing I've ever experienced. The full box of the ZAD900E dreadnought resonates better than the much higher priced guitars on the market today.
steved828
April 27th, 2020
I had never heard of Zager Guitars until 4 weeks before I ordered one! Well, I was not disappointed! This instrument plays easier than any acoustic guitar you will ever pick up - including the higher-end models. Great action, beautiful inlays, Grover tuners and solid spruce/rosewood finishes. No laminates in this American made guitar (Lincoln Nebraska). They also have a 100% money back guarantee (including shipping) that is you don't like it? Send it back. But, you won't. The guitars are too awesome to let go. You won't be sorry! Steve Dahl, Daytona Beach, Florida

Tip for consumers: Zager Guitars has a 100% return policy including return shipping costs!

davidh3666
March 24th, 2020
From beginning to end, the guitar buying experience was perfect. They gave me sound advice on the best model for me (getting back into playing after a long layoff) and kept me informed of their progress making my instrument. It arrived today and it is magnificent! It is physically beautiful and I can't imagine a richer tone coming from any make or model. Not many things are perfect out of the box. My Zager guitar is perfect!
michellep888
July 24th, 2020
I just received my parlor guitar and it is gorgeous! Zager has paid so much attention to all the details... the abalone inlay and pearl fret markers are particular favorites. The sound is wonderful - full and rich. I didn't personally work with Denny and Denny Jr., but my husband was so complimentary of their response and focus. A friend had suggested we check out Zager and I'm so thankful that she did - I'm so excited to use this for years to come!
steves1349
May 9th, 2020
This guitar is a real beauty maple binding all around flawless, I did adjust the string height to 3/16 at the 12th fret, plays and sounds wonderful deep mellow and rich, easy to play, I am 70 years young and have always played back porch stuff Country and bluegrass and I play a little fiddle, The guitar was in tune out of the box! Very nice it will be and is my new favorite! Really great case came with it! It also came to me fast I ordered it Saturday and received it Friday around noon time, so I received it on the fifth working day not bad!
dwightm66
May 25th, 2020
Got it for my grandson and he loves it. According to him it plays much easier than his other acoustic. Glad we got it. It really has a great sound and is very pleasing to the eye. He's motivated to practice more now as he can play better and easier. Their guarantee to please helped eliminate fears of buying without seeing or playing it at first. Will be used at our church worship services. He loves the guitar.
mikeb1639
August 18th, 2020
Received my new ZAD80CEOM super fast and was impressed with the care taken in packing it. The workmanship is immaculate and it really looks like a high end guitar. It has a bright, clear sound that projects much better than I expected for this size of guitar. I have a dozen other guitars and this is the easiest to play of all of them. Very happy with my purchase!
richardl913
April 14th, 2020
Though I own several Taylors, I wanted a "cheap" easy to play guitar for my girlfriend... unfortunately, I like her Zager so much, I never play my Taylors anymore. I LOVE "her" Zager and play it all the time. It's my go-to guitar because it has great action, sounds so, so good whether it's amped or played alone. And the quality and finish are outstanding.

Love "her" Zager (but don't tell her)!

Rick L.
Allentown, Pa
gretaj14
July 28th, 2020
I received my parlor-size African Mahogany guitar yesterday. It is a beautiful guitar, to begin with. And the sound from its 4/5 size is amazing. But the ease of playing it is truly the best part! My fingers are rather short and chunky, but still I am able to place them easily without hearing any buzz. I started the online lessons today because it's been many years since I've played and I am totally thrilled with Denny's approach to learning guitar. I am a very happy Zager guitar owner!
noahd55
September 17th, 2020
"I have the Sunburst Acoustic/electric, and it plays just as beautiful as it looks. Super high quality all the way around. It's abundantly clear that the folks at Zager are interested in the little details. Can't find a nicer guitar for the price. Buy a Zager folks, you won't regret it!"
mikem2206
September 1st, 2020
Dennis,

I received my ZAD 80CE today. It arrived a day earlier than scheduled. WOW! I pulled out of the box and tuned it with the on board tuner, and it has not dropped a note since. I thought my Polar was nice, but this has blown me away. The tone resonates for a long time, and the ease of playability has surpassed my expectations.

It is beautiful and sounds wonderful. Again the finish like my polar is so smooth and strong. I have opted not to put the pickguard on.

Thanks again for everything
Mike Marsala
davidc3364
July 15th, 2020
I bought this Zager 80CE about 6 years ago. Its still a blast to play for a non pro once in a while player like me. It makes me sound great,, like I know what I'm doing, LOL.
I've got small hands so I like the way the neck feels. Did I mention its built like a tank as well, very solid beautiful wood and finish. Always fun to play! Thanks for building a wonderful guitar.
julians115
May 28th, 2020
I am 77 years old and have played, mostly just for my own pleasure since I was 15. Age, arthritis and fingers seemingly fatter have made playing much less rewarding recently, not helped by 'economically' priced instruments!
I stumbled across Danny Zager's website and after initial scepticism, realised that maybe here was the solution. I read some of the reviews many of which mention playing with arthritic difficulties, read about his design philosophy and realised I had to give it a try, my wife agreed, eventually! Nine days later FedEx delivered to my home in the UK a splendid, beautifully made, Zager Parlor E. That was three days ago, I've played for an hour every evening since, it is very different to anything I have owned before, I'm an engineer and the instrument feels very 'stiff' I guess this is gives it the tone and volume. I love it, easy to play and no more buzzes playing B7th!
With the returns deal Zager offer they are well worth considering, my Parlor E certainly does what it says on the box.
denat18
April 17th, 2020
After arthritis pain kept me from playing guitar for several years, I learned about the Zager Easy Play. I opted for the parlor-size acoustic because I have small hands and am only 5' tall. The customer support specialist treated me like family. My guitar arrived wonderfully boxed. The guitar came in an incredible, custom-molded case, almost perfectly tuned (cross-country with temperature extremities notwithstanding), and all the accouterments I never expected.The inlay is stunning. Love the T-shirt! But I digress. Never expected that, either! My love of playing is being restored. By the way, the sound is fantastic

It appears this question was asked by Rick Evans from Zager and Evans. I'm not sure how the duet broke up, but it appears someone hasn't gotten over it. As for Zager guitars, they are exquisite guitars. I have a ZAD-900CE and it is simply amazing. Any dealings I have had with them have been honest and positive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

By Chris S.