Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

www.thomann.de

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.52 stars from 60 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. also ranks 8th among Instrument sites. The most common issues with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.
  • I will certainly buy another Harley Benton guitar and have no problem advising anyone to purchase one.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“By far the best site and company for music,...”

Kevin C.
12/14/18

I can't speak highly enough. Always great prices and fantastic choice. Their website works like a dream and they are constantly updating and improving it. Shipping is fast and everything is extremely well packaged. The chances of something getting damaged during the shipping process is truly minimised. But where they truly shine is the after sales customer support and the pre sale advice & after sales advice. My one critique is simple, if a product has or is getting a bad reputation? Drop them like a stone as the mud aimed at them may hit you and your hard earned reputation. After reading other reviews, I decided this had to be said. I have had issues with Thomann, but not many. I am in Ireland & they are in Germany. When you are shopping that distance away there is always potential for issues to arise. It, unfortunately, takes time to resolve these issues. They will always do what they say. Errors happen. No one is perfect. I do a lot of online purchasing and Thomann, by far and bar none are streets ahead of any other seller online I have encountered in both terms of their website & their customer service. Consumers need to understand, be prepared for and accept that issues will inevitably arise when ordering online and have the necessary patience to see it through. The question then remains how well do Thomann live up to their promise(s) & resolve your issue(s). They have every time with me. If patience is an issue then find a local shop/dealer and trade with them.

“tread lightly on international orders”

Ray P.
12/19/18

I ordered a guitar back on October 3rd 2018. They declared the first order lost in the mail and sent me a replacement on Dec 3rd 2018. It's now Dec 19th 2018. Tracking shows it's still in German Customs. Every time I reach out to them they give me ridiculous answer for the delay. This was the last one and I quote " Thank you for your e-mail. It's saying the same status because it has not been scanned from your local post yet. In case you want a refund, please refuse the parcel on arrival and once we have it back here, we are going to refund you the amount. Kind regards, They are trying to tell me that guitar left German Customs, went through US Customs and is at my local post office and didn't get scanned once. I will never use this company again. Something weird is going on over there.

customer service (10) guitar (14) harley benton (6) harley benton guitar (3)
sebastianol
December 9th, 2019
I would have liked to buy an Hofner Cavern Bass but the delivery date was always postponed so I have had to change my order . The some thing happened with a Cabinet Markbass. The payment had been taken from my credit card before Thomann had sent the items. I'm waiting for the refund for two weeks.
billc471
December 6th, 2019
I ordered a bag for my Denon Prime 4 and was sent the wrong bag in error. It is too small for the screen to fit.
When I called to try and sort out the situation, the lady handling the transaction was very rude, suggesting that I had ordered the wrong bag before she even checked the file. She then told me it would be three weeks to return the bag I just received and would call me back. I am still waiting!
diogor3
August 14th, 2019
Bought a faulty b7k ultra, it came with a noise that turned the sound horrible. Recorded some videos reproducing the fault. Now they tell me the pedal is okay and refuse to give repair, refund or replace it. Horrible experience for me. I've been a costumer for years now... I even tested other b7k and not long ago I owned the b7k and the vintage. They tell me i don't like the sound of the pedal... I love darkglass pedals, just not the faulty ones. To resume it, I've spent 422 on a piece of junk and they refuse to do anything about it and will keep my money. I fell robbed! Well done Thomann...
Dear Diogo,

We are very sorry to hear about the trouble with your b7k ultra. Can you please contact us at leitung.service@thomann.de with your customer number so that our service care managers can take a closer look into the matter for you ?

Your Thomann Team
willp137
September 22nd, 2019
Delivery was missing some items. Thomann refused to send them because I had already recycled the massive box they shipped everything in.
Hello Will,
We are sorry to hear of the missing items. Can you please contact us at leitung.service@thomann.de stating your customer number so that we can take a closer look into this for you?
-Your Thomann Team.
leej214
September 5th, 2019
5 Stars all the way!!!
Incredible choice of instruments and everything else associated with making music at unbeatable prices. Fast reliable delivery service and everything arrives well protected and packaged. I have used Thomann many many times in the past and will continue to order all my guitar and amplifier parts through them in the future.
Hi Lee,

On the name of the whole Thomann Team, we woud like to thank you for your feedback and kind review.

All the best to you

Your Thomann Team
michaelf860
August 8th, 2019
I do not use Thomann as much as I should, but whenever I do, this is the experience:

I find exactly the product I need, even when I have looked elsewhere online.
I get really good prices.
I know delivery will be fast.
Responsiveness and shipping of my order will be extremely quick.
Customer service is excellent.

I really must remind myself to shop with Thomann more frequently. Very highly recommended.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you for your lovely review Michael
We can't expect a better feedback than yours.

We will be very happy to have you more often as customer on our online shop.

Have a nice day,

pauls1225
August 20th, 2019
After moving to Europe from the USA I lamented the loss of my favorite music gear company, Sweetwater. However, once I discovered Thomann I forgot all about my woes! Great gear (even their own brand), great customer service, all from a great company!
Hi Paul,

We would like to thank you for the nice review. Glad to hear that you found your happiness in our service and products.

Have a great week.

robc188
August 4th, 2019
Easy and inexpensive order. Shipped quickly and with no issues even though it was the instrument was 130 cm long!
Hello Rob,

A big thanks for your review, we are delighted that you are happy with your purchase.

We wish you a good day,
paulah162
February 26th, 2019
Received my order today 25 feb which I placed on the 20th great service and communication as always thanks and regards- Paula H ...Dublin
You are welcome, Paula! =) Keep on rockin'! Your Thomann team
emilyw214
March 5th, 2019
Their courier lost our order and Thomann refused to give refund and passed blame to their UPS courier who confirmed the parcel lost. But when we first contacted Thomann they insisted that a signature was obtained which clearly was not the case and we never got a copy of said signature because it never existed hence the parcel was lost. Avoid these rogues!
Dear Emily,
we are very sad that you are not satisfied with our services. Could you please send an email with your customer number to social@thomann.de? Then we’ll be able to locate your account and find out, what’s going on. Best regards, your Thomann team
janv69
April 10th, 2019
My first experience with Thomann. The selection of products, pricing, service quality is top notch! Will definitely return as soon as I will allow myself next musical joy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you so much for your five stars and your kind words, Jan! =)
Best regards and rock on,
Your Thomann team
robg106
January 21st, 2019
Just the worse customer service experience in my life. My order is in ...Spain from Dec. 17 and I'm in Switzerland. Nobody at Thomann can tell me something about it and the do NOTHING to solve the problem. Juste..."wait please"
Dear Rob,

We are really sorry that your parcel has not been delivered yet. As we do not have many information here, we would kindly ask you send us more details regarding your case on the following email address : al.international@thomann.de.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused
pf45
February 14th, 2019
The best website and company...
parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear customer! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Best regards from Treppendorf, your Thomann crew
rudolfg3
October 18th, 2018
Very good e-shop to buy music gear. Plenty of items to choose from and quite fast shipping. There is definitely something for any musician in here.
Dear Rudolf,

The whole Thomann Team wants to thank you for your review. We wish you all the best with your gear!
mh251
June 8th, 2018
After ordering I was advised the shipping costs had doubled and I would need to pay the difference for my order to proceed. I feel this is a dishonest practice and it left a poor taste. I'm unlikely to purchase from them again.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear M H., thank you for your review! We are truly sorry to hear about this confusion! Our aim is to make our communication with you as clear and transparent as possible! We will of course review our shipping information on the website and improve the details displayed the best way possible. Your feedback as a customer is precious to us and we hope to be able to make it up to you on future occasion! Thank you again and all the best, your Thomann Team International
peteh60
April 25th, 2018
I live in America andnd wanted to buy a set of bass strings not available there. I found them on Thomann for a good price, when I checked the shipping costs they were $37 for a small package. I find this way too expensive as shipping within Europe is free, way to alienate a hug market Thomann
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear Pete, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We offer the best shipping prices possible for each and every country and are in permanent contact with our shipping partners to get even better rates! We appreciate your feedback on this, please be assured that we are constantly making an effort to improve our standards, whether it's in Europe, America or anywhere else the world! All the best, Thomann Team International :-)
marys791
April 3rd, 2018
shopping with thomann on line makes it very easy and the equipment is of very high quality and delivery very prompt
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear Mary, thank you so much for the 5 stars and your review! Best wishes, your Thomann team
filipem8
January 24th, 2018
Great Costumer care and unrivaled prices and availability! So far my experience has been very satisfactory... All the items I purchased arrived in mint condition, well packed and fully functioning! The online store is very well designed and very efficient as is the online mobile app which is available for free
subashm2
January 6th, 2018
Great Customer Satisfaction with real trust and truthfulness.Good knowledge on products, High Professiona with quality products,
martinr64
January 8th, 2018
I have bought everything from plectrums to a Gibson Les Paul from Thomann. I have always had great service and great prices, the slight trade off is the longer delivery time to the UK. but that just makes the anticipation all the more sweet.
silvior3
December 20th, 2017
The best online store for instruments and related products. Best service , High quality control, safety , quality...
catalinn5
December 14th, 2017
The best online store in Europe. I've been buying 10 years on thomann.de and I've always been pleased.
michalw6
January 11th, 2018
the one of the best... ! i'm only on on the trip and the thomann i'st only available! it's very good contractor !!!
alexg194
January 10th, 2018
I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. if I could give more than 5 stars I would.
ismaelp6
November 16th, 2017
nice service and many options! you can find all you need and really fast delivery, easy to pay and good prices!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Marketing / PR
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?