Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.82 stars from 75 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. also ranks 7th among Instrument sites. The most common issues with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 55.6%

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Great Company Great Products”

B O.
3/31/20

I've ordered a number of times over the years and I haven't been disappointed. What I love is their own brand Harley Benton products, today I've bought my 4th Bass guitar from them (+1 double bass). I'd research the markets for comparative products but price/quality wise, despite my best efforts I end up going back to Thomann. It looks like many on here bass (yes pun) their reviews on a single incident with Thomann. Mine is based on numerous transactions with them over the last 5 years. B

“Repackaged devices?! Lies? Why?”

Ran A.
7/19/20

My guitar (entry level, cheap guitar as thomann insist in remember me), came with the package taped like if a 3 year old child do, not with staples, lots of dust, like an an exhibition device. My amp (marshall) came with cable like a nest. Now, after a lot of emails where they say that it is normal, that the manufacturer do that because it is a cheap guitar, I contact the manufacturer, and they said, quote: "I can assure you that this is not how this guitar was packed at the factory". As I send the manufacturer email to them, they do not answer me any more. I let go the amp thing.

customer service (14) guitar (19)
bo19
March 31st, 2020
B
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thanks for the kind words, B.
We put a lot of effort into our research and development of in-house brands, as well as making sure that the Quality Control is always on spot.
Looking forward to many other interactions with you!
paveld9
April 25th, 2020
I've ordered 27 times so far (thousands euros) and can't tell any bad words about them.
Great services, great support, great portfolio, all packages was delivered ASAP (to Slovakia). It is the best store for musicians i know.
Hi Pavel,
Thanks for trusting us so many times!
Your musical endeavours are in good hands with us :) Make some great music with your new gear!
rana3
July 19th, 2020
My amp (marshall) came with cable like a nest.
As I send the manufacturer email to them, they do not answer me any more.
I let go the amp thing.
davids3154
January 13th, 2020
I have bought so far, 1 guitar, 2 ukuleles, 2 pickups. From these, 1 pickup was not working, 1 ukulele was scratched and the guitar stopped working after a few months. They decided to recall the guitar which was then broken during transportation back to Germany. After appealing from their initial decision to sending the guitar as is (broken) back to me, I was able to obtain a satisfactory solution from Customer Support. The ukulele and pickup were so low value that they just decided to send me another one (still in transit).
So, not the best percentage so far, but I guess is good to know Customer Support was there in the end for me, even if I had to appeal from their initial decision in one of the issues. I hope to have better luck with their products next time.
Hi David,
We are sorry to hear that you received faulty products.
Don't worry, we've got your back and the resolution of your issue is happening as we speak.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.
ivanchevm
July 9th, 2020
Great service and prices I have to say! Keep doing it Thomann. Next order wil be soon again. You are rock\m/
Hi Ivanchev,
Thanks for your feedback - you rock too!
Best regards
paulm1928
August 2nd, 2020
They sold me a guitar that was 2 years old from build date. The neck started to crack top joint they more or less called me a liar. They said it must have been involved in a accident. L know it has not. It has never left the same room since the day it came out of the box. If it had been mistreated it would have impact Mark's on the guitar but not a mark on it. The 3 year warranty is none existant. Go elsewhere.
jayc413
July 15th, 2020
I've been shopping at Thomann for a long time, even bought a guitar from them. Products are delivered with care and they have a good range of choice.
Hi Jay,
Thanks for your review.
Wish you an awesome day
fvefdvd
July 29th, 2020
The worst and creepiest company ever

I returned an item, but haven't got the refund, I think they're gonna steal money, they are thief.
I followed their return instruction, this company will steal your money by sending defective items, don't buy there! I guess good reviews are cheat by Thomann

-----
Revision
Finally I got the refund, this took so long
mikaels17
September 18th, 2020
I've spent most of my disposable income at Thomann for many years, so I think I can safely say Thomann rocks!

I can personally verify that:

1. They have a truly incredible amount of stuff to choose from! Not only all the usual brand names, but they also have good quality in-house brands with unbeatable prices (Harley Benton, Zultan).

2. If you still need something they don't have, just give them a call and they'll contact the manufacturer and get it for you. A very useful service, considering the fact manufacturers won't normally talk to YOU, but they'll return Thomann's calls alright! This has saved me on occasions.

3. When you have no idea what product best suits your needs, call Thomann and discuss it with their very helpful staff, they'll answer any questions about the products and guide you to the right choice. Thomann hires people who love music (and who often play an instrument themselves), and it shows in their enthusiasm!

4. They deliver quickly, and you're guaranteed to get flawless products, unless you specifically order items marked B-stock to save a buck.

5. If there's something wrong with a product anyway (perhaps it was damaged in transit), Thomann will replace it at no cost to you, and if it takes a long time to get a replacement they'll offer a rebate instead, if you prefer it.

6. If there's nothing wrong with a product but you find you don't want it after all, just send it back within 30 days, and Thomann will refund you in full, no questions asked. They will even pay for the return package! This service is so awesome I feel embarrassed every time I use it, it feels like taking advantage of a friend who is just too nice for his own good!

7. Cymbals are a great example of when Thomann's customer friendly way of doing business absolutely rocks. Cymbals are difficult to buy, because ever individual cymbal is unique, and you'll never know if you'll get one that melds well with your other cymbals. With Thomann you can order a few of the same model and see which one works best for you and return the rest. I wouldn't DARE to buy cymbals online from anyone else!

To sum it up, I've spent tens of thousands of Euros at Thomann over many years. I've bought guitars and basses and drums and woodwinds and microphones and studio equipment, and I've never once been disappointed with Thomann's service.

I have however often been impressed with their professional and user friendly business practices, and the helpfulness of their staff. To me, Thomann represents the measuring rod for how an online business should be run! Did I mention their online "in stock" status never lies? Little things like that is what makes an online store pleasant to use.

I write all of this because I'm APPALLED to see the low ranking Thomann has here! I can't think of a business that deserves this kind of harsh complaints less. Everyone should realize that Thomann is a huge business with lots and lots of customers. Apparently a few of them are unhappy for whatever reason, and feel the need to vent their disappointments online. But if my experience is anything to go by, your odds of being a happy customer are great indeed!

PS
The product reviews made by users at Thomann are often the only product feedback by users available anywhere on the internet. Always read them! If there's a subtle problem with a product, there's a good chance someone has encountered it before and can warn you, or tell you how to work around it.
williamc1583
May 22nd, 2020
Best customer service in the whole World, Great range of producs! 00% feedback from me everytime. I have never had a problem with anything and i have bought a lot and will continue doing so.
Hi William,
Thanks a lot for your feedback - it really means a lot to us.
Our customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we're glad we managed to please you.
Talk to you soon!
leeh472
May 4th, 2020
Excellent service from start to finish, very quick delivery, will definitely recommend and use again
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you for the kind words Lee. We are pleased to read that your shopping experience was smooth, as per our standards.
Best regards,
ericm744
May 9th, 2020
YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN AND MONEY BACK GUARANTEED, AND THEY ARE VERY QUICK IN RESPONSE, AND YOU DON T EVEN HAVE TO PAY A PENNY FOR RETURNING PRODUCT, I ORDERED AT LEAST OVER 200 INSTRUMENTS IN THE PAST 25 YEARS AND IT IS DEFINITIVELY THE BEST SHOP FOR MUSICIAN WITH THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! EVERY VERY FEW TIME IT WAS A PROBLEME. THEY SOLVE IT EVERY TIME FASTER THAN THE SPEED LIGHT! ANY EMAIL GOT QUICKLY REPLIED, AND WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEME THEY ALWAYS FIND A QUICK SOLUTION.(ALWAYS!)i CAN NEVER RECOMMAND YOU THIS SHOP ENOUGH! IT SIMPLY THE BEST MUSIC INSTRUMENTS RETAILER IN EUROPE WITH THE CHEAPEST RATE AND ONE OF THE MOST EFFICIENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! SHIPMENT IS USUALLY VERY QUICK WITH UPS AND THE STOCK SHOWN ON WEB PAGE IS ALWAYS REAL! GO FOR IT NO HESITATION NECESSARY!
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Hi Eric. Thanks for your kind words and for trusting us for all these years.
Looking forward to 25 more years together:)
sebastianol
December 9th, 2019
I would have liked to buy an Hofner Cavern Bass but the delivery date was always postponed so I have had to change my order. The some thing happened with a Cabinet Markbass. The payment had been taken from my credit card before Thomann had sent the items. I'm waiting for the refund for two weeks.
billc471
December 6th, 2019
I ordered a bag for my Denon Prime 4 and was sent the wrong bag in error. It is too small for the screen to fit.
When I called to try and sort out the situation, the lady handling the transaction was very rude, suggesting that I had ordered the wrong bag before she even checked the file. She then told me it would be three weeks to return the bag I just received and would call me back. I am still waiting!
janv69
April 10th, 2019
My first experience with Thomann. The selection of products, pricing, service quality is top notch! Will definitely return as soon as I will allow myself next musical joy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you so much for your five stars and your kind words, Jan! =)
Best regards and rock on,
Your Thomann team
johnd3989
August 8th, 2020
I saw an item I liked at a competitive price, I contacted their BRASS customer service to inquire about the product and overseas warranty before placing the order for a Selmer Reference 54 Alto Sax (very expensive horn) - I NEVER RECEIVED A REPLY. No problem, I purchased the saxophone somewhere else. So why am I writing a negative review then? Because, if they do not even have the courtesy and professionalism to respond to a simple message, then, much less would they respond to a more serious matter (i. E. an overseas return from the USA) as so many others have mentioned. If you want to do business in the USA, at least kindly tell the brass section to have the courtesy to respond to potential customers. CJ (ps: Do NOT censure this post please, as I am taking a picture of it and posting in all social media to prove submission).
michaelf860
August 8th, 2019
I do not use Thomann as much as I should, but whenever I do, this is the experience:

I find exactly the product I need, even when I have looked elsewhere online.
I get really good prices.
I know delivery will be fast.
Responsiveness and shipping of my order will be extremely quick.
Customer service is excellent.

I really must remind myself to shop with Thomann more frequently. Very highly recommended.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you for your lovely review Michael
We can't expect a better feedback than yours.

We will be very happy to have you more often as customer on our online shop.

Have a nice day,

Your International Thomann Team
leej214
September 5th, 2019
5 Stars all the way!
Incredible choice of instruments and everything else associated with making music at unbeatable prices. Fast reliable delivery service and everything arrives well protected and packaged. I have used Thomann many many times in the past and will continue to order all my guitar and amplifier parts through them in the future.
Hi Lee,

On the name of the whole Thomann Team, we woud like to thank you for your feedback and kind review.

All the best to you

richarda495
September 24th, 2019
Took less than a week to get my guitar all the way from Germany to the UK. Picked up a Harley Benton guitar and wow. I have no idea how they can sell such a great quality instrument at such a low price. Unbelievable.
Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you are enjoying your new Harley Benton guitar. We are putting lot of efforts on the quality of those products and are glad that this makes our customers also happy.

All the best
pf45
February 14th, 2019
The best website and company...
Parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear customer! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Best regards from Treppendorf, your Thomann crew
alexg194
January 10th, 2018
I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.
paulah162
February 26th, 2019
Received my order today 25 feb which I placed on the 20th great service and communication as always thanks and regards- Paula H... Dublin
You are welcome, Paula! =) Keep on rockin'! Your Thomann team
rudolfg3
October 18th, 2018
Very good e-shop to buy music gear. Plenty of items to choose from and quite fast shipping. There is definitely something for any musician in here.
Dear Rudolf,

The whole Thomann Team wants to thank you for your review. We wish you all the best with your gear!
yuriyr3
May 4th, 2020
2 times failing to charge the order/replying to the customer makes me want to share the world. Good luck!
reiv
July 17th, 2020
Parcel NOT Receive.
Thomann hold my money 2150 EUR and ask me to wait for 4 months for a refund. (Do I look like MONEY LENDER to you?!)

WORST Customer service EVER
- No Followup

- Fraud shipping - DHL (The shipping Thomann use is the cheapest which takes 3-8weeks to arrive). Not DHL 7- 10days

- No resend parcel, Accuse my custom IS holding the parcel

- Ask to wait for 4 months for nothing.

- No compensation, apologies or whatsoever

- They just felt sorry for what happen
O They just told me parcel lost(after 4 months), will refund me in a few days(waited for 2 weeks).
O Won't ask for resend parcel
O End of story? Are we even doing business here? One time dealing? OK, Am I buying cheap $100 china product?

11 March
Ordered & Paid and using DHL as shipping.
Estimated time arrival is 7-10 days.

24 March
Tracking still display that the item is in germany. Contacted Thomann and was told there is delay due to Corona Virus. It may take up to 3-8weeks for the item to arrive.(My parcel from USA using Fedex arrived within 1-2 weeks during this time.)(My guess is Thomann lied and used the cheapest shipping method (30-60days), DHL usually take 7-15days to arrive at my country).

14 April
Tracking still not yet updated.
Contacted Thomann, they said they have asked DHL to investigate the whereabouts of the parcel.

24 April
Still no updates. Contacted Thomann, They accuse my local custom is holding the parcel.

2 May
Contacted Thomann, was told investigation will take up to 2 MONTHS!

3 May
Contacted my local custom, was told there's no parcel from germany.

1 July
Contacted Thomann again. Was told the parcel is lost and they will refund me.

8 July
Contacted Thomann was told to wait for official result for refund. 15 July finally receive the refund (-$38 due to exchange rate.)

HOLDING MY 2150EUR FOR 4 MONTHS & 6 DAYS NOW I LOST $38 DUE TO EXCHANGE RATE & THE RENTAL MONEY WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR PARCEL!
THANKS FOR NOTHING THOMANN.
WILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU AGAIN!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?