Review of Thomann.de

Tel: +49-9546-9223-55
international@thomann.de

mh251
6/8/18

After ordering I was advised the shipping costs had doubled and I would need to pay the difference for my order to proceed. I feel this is a dishonest practice and it left a poor taste. I'm unlikely to purchase from them again.

Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative
Dear M H., thank you for your review! We are truly sorry to hear about this confusion! Our aim is to make our communication with you as clear and transparent as possible! We will of course review our shipping information on the website and improve the details displayed the best way possible. Your feedback as a customer is precious to us and we hope to be able to make it up to you on future occasion! Thank you again and all the best, your Thomann Team International
istvant1
5/28/18

I purchased a Lexicon MPX Native Reverb software from Thomann whebshop. 2 days ago.

On the following link:

Did the payment, downloaded the software. During the activation process it has occurred that a hardware key is required for the final activation.

Neither the web shop page or the Thoman's email response mentions that it is not a stand-alone application and I need to spend another 45 euros + postal service charge for a hardware key in order to use the VST plugin. Not talking about that I needed the application immediately - as it was stated (Available immediately) at the web shop ad.

Although it mentions within the system requirements: Pace iLok (item 401447). The hardware key is not not a sort of system requirement like: WinXP min., Mac OSX 10.5 min., 1.6 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM. So why the hell it is mentioned at the system requirements??? Nothing to do with the system requirements, right?The hardware key is actually protection for the software manufacturer, in this case one can not use the software without it. So it is the part of the product.

Furthermore I got the Thomann's email response with the download link after purchase, which doesn't say a word about the hardware key. Very BAD communication!

Being tricked into this purchase, I immediately emailed them on the given address. I declined from the order and asked for a refund. I did not receive any answer.

But after I called them 3 times (spent at least 30 mins on phone, international call) Daniel Lindmark e-mailed me, saying they normally can't offer any refund on download items. Regardless if it works or not? I think the whole customer service is a joke.

This is a misleading sell! This is how they do the profit? Very interesting.

I don't know, how it will match the reputation of Thomann?

Attached a document as well.

Regards

Istvan Tutunzis

Tip for consumers: Be careful to buy anything online from Thomann.de!

sorenp3
5/3/18

I've been shopping at Thomanns for many years. Once it was a good store. But now they have reached a critical mass for size, where they obviously do not care about the customers anymore.

In recent years, they have begun selling guitars that have already been sold at least once, as brand new. You can see it on the guitar if it has been sold before. There may be strings other than specified, there may be special settings and there may be DNA tracks after the previous owner !! Naturally, I return this kind of guitars, as I do not want to buy used. The system has worked in part because of somewhat easy returns with package collection at my home. But just try to hear this story:

I ordered a Framus guitar that arrived in very bad condition. Due to bad packaging from Framus, a strap lock (metal piece) had loosened from the guitar and rattled around in the inner guitar bag and ended up on the edge of the guitar, where it made a big chin. There was also a black stripe from a marker under the lacquer somewhere else on the body.

Of course I do not want such a defect thing, so I wrote to Thomann about the problem. A Kafka like process started. They would have me to photograph all the packaging, wrapping and the guitar. I should also fill in a note and go down to the post office and let them sign that it was their fault that the damage to the guitar had occurred !! I do not work for Thomann, so I made them aware of that. Then a fermented process began: Thomann has a Danish department, but only for sale! If there is something wrong, the Danish department will only send things on, and you have to write it all back in English. In total more than 30 mails were exchanged !! I felt it as an assault.

Eventually they became convinced that I would not perform the required tasks. They then sent a return label to Postnord, ie. where I by myself would be draging the package down to the post office. I am old, the post office is far away and the box is big. I have no car and it can not fit on the bike.

Thomann offered me a label for a UPS pickup, IF I PAYED. I have no other options, so I had to eat it. 30,- euro to look at a defective guitar. That is too expensive. And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.

If Thomann answers this, you should be very suspicious if they do not lay flat down and apologize, but instead try to explain their way out of this mess. Mail order is a matter of trust. Would you trust Thomann after this?

peteh60
4/25/18

I live in America andnd wanted to buy a set of bass strings not available there. I found them on Thomann for a good price, when I checked the shipping costs they were $37 for a small package. I find this way too expensive as shipping within Europe is free, way to alienate a hug market Thomann

Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative
Dear Pete, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We offer the best shipping prices possible for each and every country and are in permanent contact with our shipping partners to get even better rates! We appreciate your feedback on this, please be assured that we are constantly making an effort to improve our standards, whether it's in Europe, America or anywhere else the world! All the best, Thomann Team International :-)
marys791
4/3/18

shopping with thomann on line makes it very easy and the equipment is of very high quality and delivery very prompt

Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative
Dear Mary, thank you so much for the 5 stars and your review! Best wishes, your Thomann team
billym67
4/1/18

I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning. I have given the guitar a CST 24 T Delux in Paradise Flame, a very good try out, I am extremely happy with this guitar, I have played other guitars at £1500 plus that have not matched the tones or playability of this instrument. I cannot fault it, well the G string needed a very slight adjustment of intonation but could have gotten by without it. I will certainly buy another Harley Benton guitar and have no problem advising anyone to purchase one. I ordered late on a Friday night did not expect it to be dispatched till Monday, which it was received the guitar on Wed. Germany to Edinburgh Scotland in 3 days great stuff. Thank you, Thomann, Keep up the good work and workmanship.

Tip for consumers: Go through the whole list of the type of guitars you fancy, then listen to the reviews on youtube so you get an idea of what you are purchasing sounds like.

Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative
Hello Billy, thank you very much for the 5 stars and the positive review! We are glad to hear you are happy with our services. :-) Best regards, your Thomann team
gregt62
3/2/18
• Updated review

ordered a harley benton guitar on 25th feb.
it was in stock & available for immediate dispatch.
it is now 6th march & it has not even been dispatched.
i phoned germany only to be told it was still in quality control & they could not give a date when it would be sent.
i had no option but to cancel the order.
my advice is stick to british companies that offer next day delivery.
none have let me down yet.
dont bother sending emails to thomann as they are ignored.
despite repeatedly asking them to change their, website details regarding immediate dispatch, it remains the same.
in the uk this is classed as false advertising.
absolutely disgraceful service.
you have been warned.

Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative
Hi Greg, We are so sorry for the delay and working on a solution, we didn't mean to irritate you. We can suggest that you send an email, with your customer number, to social@thomann.de and we will check your order. Please accept our apologies. Your Thomann team
“very poor service”

despite a Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative saying they are
working to ensure this kind of delay will not happen again.

guitar ordered 25th feb, now 2nd march & still no dispatch email.
this is the strangest ( immediate dispatch i have ever known ).

it is day five & my guitar has still not been thru quality control check.
is it ever going to be dispatched.

“improve web info.”
• Previous review

despite an apologetic reply to my last gripe stating it was unusual for dispatch delays.
here we go again.
ordered a harley benton from thomann on sun 25th thinking it would be processed early monday morning.now the 28th & still no dispatch email.
it kind of makes a mockery of their website add stating ( immediate dispatch on in stock guitars) what exactly does immediate mean.
thomann again use the excuse of delays in quality checks but still make no mention of this to loyal customers ( i have purchased five harleys from thomann )
it is kind of a let down when you expect a 3-4 day delivery time & they sometimes dont even dispatch the item in that time.
an apology sounds terrible thru a marshal.

“improve web info.”

here we go again.
an apology sounds terrible thru a marshal.

“improve dispatch information on website.”
• Previous review

my harley benton ordered on 2nd jan arrived o 9th.
they are still not informing customers of the delay in checking these guitars before dispatch.
is is good that these checks are carried out, yes.
but to me immediate dispatch means just that & not 2 or 3 days after making an order.
i have since ordered another harley benton on 15th & it arrived on 19th.
the guitars are fantastic but do have cosmetic flaws.
of the cst 24s i have bought one is much better quality than the other but both are great guitars.
if quality control was better these guitars would be unbeatable.
as it is they sound great & from a few feet away they look a million dollars.
closer inspection will reveal minor flaws.
will i order more, yes.

Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative
Hey Greg,
apologies on behalf of the staff for your experience. This case with the guitars is not a usual one and we assure you that we are doing all we can so that it does not happen again. Please send an email with your customer number to social@thomann.de and we locate your account and have a look what is going on. Best regards, your Thomann team
catherines102
2/23/18

Jättenöjd med Thomann, lätt att söka sin vara, lätt att beställa, betala och en fantastisk snabb leverans, ända till min dörr!!!l
Det kunde inte bli bättre!!!
En jättenöjd kund.
Catherine Sjöblom, Göteborg, Sweden

filipem8
1/24/18

Great Costumer care and unrivaled prices and availability! So far my experience has been very satisfactory... All the items I purchased arrived in mint condition, well packed and fully functioning! The online store is very well designed and very efficient as is the online mobile app which is available for free

michalw6
1/11/18

the one of the best... ! i'm only on on the trip and the thomann i'st only available! it's very good contractor !!!

alexg194
1/10/18

I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. if I could give more than 5 stars I would.

grzegorzp4
1/8/18

very bad expirience with this company!
i buy i (try buy )!! some headphones ultrasone pro 900i i make order pay debit card found was immediately frozen at my Debit card , so my bank accept payment i think will be all ok and i get my headphones and next day someone from company write to me mail your order was cancel you must make new order and -pay bank transfer WTF? i pay already Debit card (my found still frozen at my debit card) so i call to my bank and they told me do not send any Bank Transfer to this company
3 days i write mails to real cancel my order and try get back my frozen founds to my debit card , card was Visa!

problem is how many days i need to wait to get back my founds :/
very bad company customer service does not exist

so now i wonder how many time i must wait to back my reserwation money

martinr64
1/8/18

I have bought everything from plectrums to a Gibson Les Paul from Thomann. I have always had great service and great prices, the slight trade off is the longer delivery time to the UK. but that just makes the anticipation all the more sweet.

subashm2
1/6/18

Great Customer Satisfaction with real trust and truthfulness.Good knowledge on products, High Professiona with quality products,

lgmp
12/24/17

excellent
The best online store for instruments and related products. Best service , High quality control, safety , quality...

silvior3
12/20/17

catalinn5
12/14/17

The best online store in Europe. I've been buying 10 years on thomann.de and I've always been pleased.

gorant1
12/12/17

Only music saves life ..... Thomann helps music happen!!! Best service , High quality control!!!! Safety , quality , best instrument brands available here!!!!

peters377
12/8/17

Horrible service. Watch there return policy. Don't buy if overseas. I was totally misinformed about my package delivery. My guitar's tracking service did not work properly. The US Postal Service sent it to hurricane ravaged Puerto Rico!!!! Then had me sign for it before I could look at the box because it was behind the counter. They placed a note apologizing for the delay on the damaged box but NEVER explained why there was a delay. The company won't honor there money back guarantee without me shipping it back to them AT MY COST! That would cost me more than the guitar!
Also don't take your equipment to a local luthier for a set up because they claim it voids there warranty.

Response from Franziska D., Thomann.de Representative
Hi Peter, could you please send an email with your customer number to social@thomann.de? Then we’ll be able to locate your account and find out, what’s going on. Best regards, your Thomann team
ismaelp6
11/16/17

nice service and many options! you can find all you need and really fast delivery, easy to pay and good prices!

samuelc57
11/7/17

Um bom site com bons preços agora é claro os portes por vezes não ajudam mas vale a pena em alguns artigos.

chiaras7
10/23/17

Ordered two ocarina's. one is fine, the other one misses the manual. Mailed them three times. Started to call, from the netherlands to germany. After about 15 minutes on hold the line goes dead. And the number in the mail was wrong. Got the right one. Again the line drops dead after 15 minutes on hold. Second time I got a human. She would email me an answer within two days. Another week went by. No answer. After in total a month and two more phone calls I called to send the ocarina back. About three weeks ago I got an email that they received it. It's now at least two months after the delivery of the second ocarina and I'm stil waiting for my 45,- And I just got the bill from the telephone. It was about the same amount that I've infested in the calls to germany.

Even though the first ocarina came completely and without trouble.
I WILL NEVER BUY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I will never get my money either.

Tip for consumers: If you know for sure there is nothing that can go wrong, you could risk it, but I strongly DISRECOMMEND IT!!!

robs138
10/16/17

Buying music hardware online from Thomann is easy, they have a huge range and their items tend to be very competitively priced. Delivery is always super-fast too.

cs204
10/4/17

Bought the Harley Benton Travel Guitar - lovely guitar, excellent value
Arrived ahead of schedule !!

ivicag
10/2/17

Quick delivery, great Mega Store, everything great!!! i am oredering from Thoman.De for a 6-7 years and always it was no problem of any kind. In past 6-7 years i get many gift coupons from them...sweet!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Thomann.de staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Thomann.de