Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.41 stars from 97 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. most frequently mention high quality and online store. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. ranks 8th among Instrument sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 22 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 28.6%

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Great Company Great Products”

B O.
3/31/20

I've ordered a number of times over the years and I haven't been disappointed. What I love is their own brand Harley Benton products, today I've bought my 4th Bass guitar from them (+1 double bass). I'd research the markets for comparative products but price/quality wise, despite my best efforts I end up going back to Thomann. It looks like many on here bass (yes pun) their reviews on a single incident with Thomann. Mine is based on numerous transactions with them over the last 5 years. B

“Good products, terrible customer service”

David F.
12/18/20

I really like their Harley Benton products, but their customer service is awful. I ordered a couple of guitars from them and one came with the input jack disconnected because the nut that secures it was missing. I emailed them asking for the nut size so I could order a replacement locally but it's taken about 6 emails back and forth to get an answer from them and each email takes 24+ hours for them to reply to. And in the end they told me the wrong size!

customer service (14) guitar (20)
monya1
August 2nd, 2021

I've been a loyal customer of Thomann for over 10 years, and always recommended people to buy from them, but after my last transaction I won't be buying from them ever again.
I received a guitar with a damaged neck and contacted them expecting a swift response for an exchange but that didn't happen. They asked for pictures which I sent, then they asked for more pictures which I sent again, and then they completely ignored me after that!
After a couple of days of not hearing from them, I contacted them to see what was happening, and they told me that I had to take the large parcel to a DHL drop off point! Pathetic! Bad service! Unnecessary stress and grief!
There are plenty of trustworthy companies out there with great customer service, unfortunately Thomann isn't one of them!

Tip for consumers:
STRESS AND GRIEF BUYING FROM THOMANN!

Guitar

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you are having problems with your purchase. We kindly ask you to email us on leitung.service@thomann.de with the details of your order, and we will get back to you on this.

brunob93
April 12th, 2021

Purchased a guitar 40 days ago, arrived in pristine package but with neck broken in two.No way to get money back since then, customer care always repeating the same story about UPS courier responsability but no way to get refund. Beware

Hello Bruno,

bo19
March 31st, 2020

B

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thanks for the kind words, B.
We put a lot of effort into our research and development of in-house brands, as well as making sure that the Quality Control is always on spot.
Looking forward to many other interactions with you!

geraldinep49
December 30th, 2020

I bought a flute Prima thumbrest. It came without the adjustment screw or proper installation instructions for the silicon pad. I wrote asking for the screw size so I can buy it locally and asked which way around to install the pad.
The responded with a from letter asking for photographs of what they sent me BEFORE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING.
THERE FOLLOWED MORE CORRESPONDENCE WHERE THEY WERE VERY RUDE, SAYING I WAS REFUSING TO COLLABORATE IN SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

DON'T BUY FROM IT IF THERE IS A CHANCE YOU MAY HAVE TO RETURN ANYTHING

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear Geraldine, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your hassle with your purchase. It is part of our procedure to ask for more details for example pictures to provide the best solution or for example the correct sparepart. We would like to take a closer look into your case, please contact us via mail leitung.service@thomann.de to help you further. Thank you. Regards, Your Customer Care Team

georgek740
May 16th, 2021

Epic customer service, great communication and trustworthy! Professionalism at its finest!
Great packaging and handling, everything came intact, in mint condition! Fast shipping and on time! 5/5 stars for Thomann!
Best regards to the employees and all my respects to all of them! Thank you so much!

Hello George,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with the service provided.

Your Thomann Customer Care Team

paveld9
April 25th, 2020

I've ordered 27 times so far (thousands euros) and can't tell any bad words about them.
Great services, great support, great portfolio, all packages was delivered ASAP (to Slovakia). It is the best store for musicians i know.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for trusting us so many times!
Your musical endeavours are in good hands with us :) Make some great music with your new gear!

rana3
July 19th, 2020

My guitar (entry level, cheap guitar as thomann insist in remember me), came with the package taped like if a 3 year old child do, not with staples, lots of dust, like an an exhibition device.
My amp (marshall) came with cable like a nest.
Now, after a lot of emails where they say that it is normal, that the manufacturer do that because it is a cheap guitar, I contact the manufacturer, and they said, quote: "I can assure you that this is not how this guitar was packed at the factory".
As I send the manufacturer email to them, they do not answer me any more.
I let go the amp thing.

kenc491
February 27th, 2021

I bought an item from Thomann but decided I wanted to cancel the order. I sent them an email 10 minutes after I bought the item asking them to cancel it. 2 days later they tell me that I can't cancel because the order was sent already! These people don't know what they are doing and can't even check their email in a timely manner. DO NOT waste your time with this company. Look for someone who is more professional and knows how to treat you and the product you buy with respect!

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry we were unable to cancel your order prior to dispatching it.

Unfortunately, at the moment we are facing an increase in volume of email correspondence especially with our great UK customers following the implementation of new trade rules introduced on January 1st, therefore, our response time is currently around one working day. Please note, we can also be contacted via live chat on our website and by phone if you have an urgent request.

We do our very best to ship orders to our customers as quickly as possible so in this case we shipped your order before we could respond to the cancellation request. Please kindly email our management team on tl.international@thomann.de and we will provide you with further instructions on how to cancel the order.

We look forward to hearing from you and apologise for the inconvenience you have faced.

Your Thomann International Team

jodye39
April 6th, 2021

Charges don't include taxes or delivery costs on payment. I've been waiting nearly two weeks for a product I will pay more for (than competitors). When I contacted them days ago, to enquire where is my item, I have heard nothing. Could this company be legit, I'm wondering...?

Tip for consumers:
There are hidden costs of which won't be known until shipping. Don't expect a response if anything should happen.

Item not arrived yet

Hello.

davidf2205
December 18th, 2020

Hello David,

robc380
July 16th, 2021
• Updated review

It wasn't easy to find a way to solve my problem, but both sides kept an open mind and our focus on a solution instead of the problems.
I also need to recognize that Thomann has always replied back to me timely, in a moment when many companies would just leave me hanging (when things got really complicated). They persevered and made sure to see it through.
In my review I was advocating for myself, and whether it made a difference or not to the outcome, the fact is that the email conversation led us to end this in good terms.

Hello Rob,
Many thanks for your kind feedback. We are happy you let us know that our efforts are not in vain:)

Your Thomann Customer Care Team

Not the first (or last) to say it: This was the worst experience I've ever had as a customer
June 30th, 2021
Verified purchase
• Previous review

I've bought a Duesenberg guitar at Thomann.de, and the purchase process was just stellar. Unfortunately, my guitar had a minor fault, which Duesenberg later told me was due to the "slots of the nut being slightly too deep".

Thomann's customer service asked me to return the guitar for a full replacement, after all, I only had the guitar for a couple of days. I was reluctant to comply, but after checking that they still had units in stock, I sent it back.

They received the guitar, but went radio silent for almost a week (after receiving it), and after sending them 2 or 3 emails, I heard back:

"The guitar is unfortunately sold out and we expect to receive the next one by the end of August. Should you be interested in another model please let me knwo and I can make the change in the order for you."

To be clear, this was in May, and they were confirming my fear — they sold the last units even though I had a replacement request. And if you think this is bad, bear with me. There's much more to come.

If you're a customer, keep in mind that sending a product to a reseller for warranty or repair does not transfer the property to them. They can't just do whatever they want, but that's what they tried.

They kept pushing me for a refund several times, which I declined. I wanted that model of guitar, not another, and not after waiting several months. I was fine with a repair, but they didn't even try to send it to Duesenberg or their distributor in Germany, göldo music GmbH. I didn't understand why, but the reason would become clear later on.

After a month of not having my guitar, a different service representative started replying to my emails. That person just ignored the whole conversation (which at the time already had been looked at by Duesenberg, who were helping), and regardless of that, they just issued a credit note, and sent me the guitar back, saying:

"The service have advised that the guitar has been checked and no fault could be found, the frets sit higher on this guitar and due to preference some customers do not like this feature with this model of guitar."

This was just insane. By now Duesenberg had already checked and confirmed the issue. It was a fault that needed repair, but Thomann was throwing them under the bus and saying "hey, Duesenberg sucks, what can we say? Just get a refund and move on". If that doesn't show you the type of company Thomann is, then I don't know what will.

After giving up on making progress with emails to customer support, I was able to reach one of the folks who are in Thomann's top management. This person was willing to help, and got the customer service manager to review the case and continue looking into options, but remember, at this point the guitar was already being transported back to me (unrepaired).

Before receiving the guitar back, we were able to reach an agreement. They would repair the guitar with Duesenberg, and I would wait for a couple of more weeks. All I had to do was send it back once again, which was fine by me.

I received the guitar, but before sending it back, I figured "well, this has been with them for a month, so I better check to see if it's in the same exact condition that I have sent it". I've opened the guitar and well, it wasn't.

The guitar was scratched, and even worse, one of the pickups was completely loose with one of the screws popping off of its socket. Don't ask me how or why — I gave up trying to understand. It just looked like a sick joke, and still does.

It's been almost two months now, and, this is my situation:
The top management folk? Radio silent.
The customer service manager? Gone, washed their hands, and not even cc'd in the emails anymore.
The customer service rep (or reps)? Offered me 150€ (from a 2000€ guitar) to let this go, thinking that this would be a reasonable compromise after breaking my guitar which had a minor fault that could be easily repaired by the manufacturer in 3 days (yes, 3 days was the estimated repair time when I asked Duesenberg about it).

Long story short: Don't trust Thomann. Just don't. Look at the other reviews. Don't try to find this out for yourself. Buy somewhere else. They are a wolf in sheep's clothing. Their site is just a fancy package to a company rotten from the inside. A company that has no respect for anyone, not for their customers, and not even for a partner like Duesenberg which they tried to blame without batting an eye to cover their mistakes.

Tip for consumers:
Just don't. Buy somewhere else, anywhere else.

Products used:
Still have a problem to solve after two months, so nothing.

ahmedn49
December 6th, 2020

Honest People, Best Customer Service, Best Quality. Their brand Harley Benton is a killer, it will dominate over classic global brands very soon. I'm happy to spend my money there.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hello Ahmed, thank you so much for your 5 stars and your warm words.
Best from Germany,
Your Thomann team

davids3154
January 13th, 2020

I have bought so far, 1 guitar, 2 ukuleles, 2 pickups. From these, 1 pickup was not working, 1 ukulele was scratched and the guitar stopped working after a few months. They decided to recall the guitar which was then broken during transportation back to Germany. After appealing from their initial decision to sending the guitar as is (broken) back to me, I was able to obtain a satisfactory solution from Customer Support. The ukulele and pickup were so low value that they just decided to send me another one (still in transit).
So, not the best percentage so far, but I guess is good to know Customer Support was there in the end for me, even if I had to appeal from their initial decision in one of the issues. I hope to have better luck with their products next time.

Hi David,
We are sorry to hear that you received faulty products.
Don't worry, we've got your back and the resolution of your issue is happening as we speak.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

hem7
August 3rd, 2021

On a guitar I bought it started having a signal drop. I was asked to return the guitar for analysis and was without it for over a month.

When they returned it, it came packaged badly and with the headstock damaged.

Now, despite confirming that the damage was their fault, they only accept responsibility if I send the guitar back to them, which for me means that I will lose the guitar again and run the risk of it being damaged again, besides Thomann not guaranteeing to repair the guitar and that it is not possible to replace it because it is no longer in stock.

In addition, Thomann's management of this incident and transport was disastrous and without any respect for the customer and his needs:
- It has no initiative to inform the customer of what has been done/analysed;
- It goes on, successively, putting forward possible causes other than the guitar as the various issues are highlighted or clarified, or else it does not clarify the information given to them;
- Negligence on the part of Thomann in the wrapping and packaging of the guitar;
- Deficient articulation and transmission of data with the transporter and customer (they never spontaneously informed, nor provided information about the delivery and date, as well as wrongly transmitted the customer's delivery data to the transporter). This caused several delivery attempts with unnecessary movements and delays in delivery (which may have contributed to the damage to the guitar);
- Willfully refuses to assume their responsibilities unless the customer is left without their guitar (despite being available to examine the guitar and provide photographic proof or other information).

ivanchevm
July 9th, 2020

Great service and prices I have to say! Keep doing it Thomann. Next order wil be soon again. You are rock\m/

Hi Ivanchev,
Thanks for your feedback - you rock too!
Best regards

paulm1928
August 2nd, 2020

They sold me a guitar that was 2 years old from build date. The neck started to crack top joint they more or less called me a liar. They said it must have been involved in a accident. L know it has not. It has never left the same room since the day it came out of the box. If it had been mistreated it would have impact Mark's on the guitar but not a mark on it. The 3 year warranty is none existant. Go elsewhere.

jonathant292
January 14th, 2021

I received top class, excellent service from my initial email enquiry all the way through ordering and delivery to Greece. I highly recommend Thomann and will definitely be ordering from the again in the future.

Dear Jonathan,
Top class service and a top class review!
We love our Greek customers and are always happy to hear from you - especially when it's so positive;)
Thanks again for your feedback and your recommendation, it's warmly received!
Have a great week Jonathan!
Your Thomann Greek Team

boub
December 16th, 2020

I have purchased a Harley Benton 12 string and a case and I could not be happier with the service received. I had some questions before and after the purchase and they were all resolved. I had shipping tracking and the shipping was quick. But mostly I am delighted with the quality of the guitar

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our products and service provided.
Your Customer Care Team

emmad160
October 16th, 2020

Only ordered guitar and amp on Wednesday it came today. Well packed and very impressed with the quality of goods. It was a bs guitar and there is not a mark on it amazing.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hi Emma - thanks a lot for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your new guitar
Best grooves

matta214
October 17th, 2021

I know a lot of Music Dealer, like the Guitar center in L. A. or the House of Sound in Basel or Music Store in Cologne, but the Best of the Best is Thoman, and i will tell you why that is...
First of all, look wherever you want, you can not beat their sales prices because of their volume that they sell each single day, second is the knowledge of their employees, they just know what they doing, yes they are humans too, so of course they have good or bad days like anybody else,
But if you acting nice and friendly you will threaded the same way, usually i order the stuff that i need online because their location is just too far away to drive to them, but sure i went there a couple of time by myself to see the store, it is just huge, and absolutely worth the visit.
And the service is also very fast, last time i ordered by them it took them only 4 days to deliver it to me, and that includes custom too ( over the border, Germany - Swiss) still unbelivable to me.
And of course you can track your parcel online without a problem, and the always handle their goods nice and clean, and it will arrive in a very good condition.
So in my opinion Thoman is just the best Music dealer there is, online and as a real store in the real world, just go there and see for yourself.

Tip for consumers:
Visit their store if you have time, it is really worth the visit especially the Guitar section the selection is huge...

Products used:
Amps, Speakers, EVH Wolfgang Special / that one i picked up myself in their store, Guitar Strings, Guitar Kit, and now a Violin...

Hello Matt,
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with the service provided.

jayc413
July 15th, 2020

I've been shopping at Thomann for a long time, even bought a guitar from them. Products are delivered with care and they have a good range of choice.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your review.
Wish you an awesome day

lenc47
February 3rd, 2021

I bought thomann DP26 keyboard £222.00. Had to pay UPS an extra £71.58 vat and delivery charge. It arrived damaged. Emailed Thomann. They aren't interested. Just told me that they are passing my case onto UPS. I paid both Thomann and UPS with PayPal so I hope it will get sorted. I'm in limbo here as I need a keyboard. I can't afford another one untill I get my money back and I have no idea when I will. I will never use Thomann again and would advise UK buyers not too. Especially if they use UPS.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy if in the UK. THOMANN don't tell you about the import tax.

Thomann DP26 keyboard

Hello Len,

mikaels17
September 18th, 2020

I've spent most of my disposable income at Thomann for many years, so I think I can safely say Thomann rocks!

I can personally verify that:

1. They have a truly incredible amount of stuff to choose from! Not only all the usual brand names, but they also have good quality in-house brands with unbeatable prices (Harley Benton, Zultan).

2. If you still need something they don't have, just give them a call and they'll contact the manufacturer and get it for you. A very useful service, considering the fact manufacturers won't normally talk to YOU, but they'll return Thomann's calls alright! This has saved me on occasions.

3. When you have no idea what product best suits your needs, call Thomann and discuss it with their very helpful staff, they'll answer any questions about the products and guide you to the right choice. Thomann hires people who love music (and who often play an instrument themselves), and it shows in their enthusiasm!

4. They deliver quickly, and you're guaranteed to get flawless products, unless you specifically order items marked B-stock to save a buck.

5. If there's something wrong with a product anyway (perhaps it was damaged in transit), Thomann will replace it at no cost to you, and if it takes a long time to get a replacement they'll offer a rebate instead, if you prefer it.

6. If there's nothing wrong with a product but you find you don't want it after all, just send it back within 30 days, and Thomann will refund you in full, no questions asked. They will even pay for the return package! This service is so awesome I feel embarrassed every time I use it, it feels like taking advantage of a friend who is just too nice for his own good!

7. Cymbals are a great example of when Thomann's customer friendly way of doing business absolutely rocks. Cymbals are difficult to buy, because ever individual cymbal is unique, and you'll never know if you'll get one that melds well with your other cymbals. With Thomann you can order a few of the same model and see which one works best for you and return the rest. I wouldn't DARE to buy cymbals online from anyone else!

To sum it up, I've spent tens of thousands of Euros at Thomann over many years. I've bought guitars and basses and drums and woodwinds and microphones and studio equipment, and I've never once been disappointed with Thomann's service.

I have however often been impressed with their professional and user friendly business practices, and the helpfulness of their staff. To me, Thomann represents the measuring rod for how an online business should be run! Did I mention their online "in stock" status never lies? Little things like that is what makes an online store pleasant to use.

I write all of this because I'm APPALLED to see the low ranking Thomann has here! I can't think of a business that deserves this kind of harsh complaints less. Everyone should realize that Thomann is a huge business with lots and lots of customers. Apparently a few of them are unhappy for whatever reason, and feel the need to vent their disappointments online. But if my experience is anything to go by, your odds of being a happy customer are great indeed!

PS
The product reviews made by users at Thomann are often the only product feedback by users available anywhere on the internet. Always read them! If there's a subtle problem with a product, there's a good chance someone has encountered it before and can warn you, or tell you how to work around it.

Hi Mikael,
That was a very detailed and precise review - thank you so much for taking the time to write it!
We wish you all the best with your musical endeavours
Best Grooves

fvefdvd
July 29th, 2020

The worst and creepiest company ever

I returned an item, but haven't got the refund, I think they're gonna steal money, they are thief.
I followed their return instruction, this company will steal your money by sending defective items, don't buy there! I guess good reviews are cheat by Thomann

-----
Revision
Finally I got the refund, this took so long

sebastianol
December 9th, 2019

I would have liked to buy an Hofner Cavern Bass but the delivery date was always postponed so I have had to change my order. The some thing happened with a Cabinet Markbass. The payment had been taken from my credit card before Thomann had sent the items. I'm waiting for the refund for two weeks.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Typically responds within 22 hours

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

3.4
Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?