Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.38 stars from 84 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. most frequently mention customer service, high quality and online store. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. ranks 8th among Instrument sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 52.2%

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Great Company Great Products”

B O.
3/31/20

I've ordered a number of times over the years and I haven't been disappointed. What I love is their own brand Harley Benton products, today I've bought my 4th Bass guitar from them (+1 double bass). I'd research the markets for comparative products but price/quality wise, despite my best efforts I end up going back to Thomann. It looks like many on here bass (yes pun) their reviews on a single incident with Thomann. Mine is based on numerous transactions with them over the last 5 years. B

“Good products, terrible customer service”

David F.
12/18/20

I really like their Harley Benton products, but their customer service is awful. I ordered a couple of guitars from them and one came with the input jack disconnected because the nut that secures it was missing. I emailed them asking for the nut size so I could order a replacement locally but it's taken about 6 emails back and forth to get an answer from them and each email takes 24+ hours for them to reply to. And in the end they told me the wrong size!

customer service (14) guitar (20)
bo19
March 31st, 2020

B

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thanks for the kind words, B.
We put a lot of effort into our research and development of in-house brands, as well as making sure that the Quality Control is always on spot.
Looking forward to many other interactions with you!

paveld9
April 25th, 2020

I've ordered 27 times so far (thousands euros) and can't tell any bad words about them.
Great services, great support, great portfolio, all packages was delivered ASAP (to Slovakia). It is the best store for musicians i know.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for trusting us so many times!
Your musical endeavours are in good hands with us :) Make some great music with your new gear!

ahmedn49
December 6th, 2020

Honest People, Best Customer Service, Best Quality. Their brand Harley Benton is a killer, it will dominate over classic global brands very soon. I'm happy to spend my money there.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hello Ahmed, thank you so much for your 5 stars and your warm words.
Best from Germany,
Your Thomann team

geraldinep49
December 30th, 2020

I bought a flute Prima thumbrest. It came without the adjustment screw or proper installation instructions for the silicon pad. I wrote asking for the screw size so I can buy it locally and asked which way around to install the pad.
The responded with a from letter asking for photographs of what they sent me BEFORE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING.
THERE FOLLOWED MORE CORRESPONDENCE WHERE THEY WERE VERY RUDE, SAYING I WAS REFUSING TO COLLABORATE IN SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

Tip for consumers:
DON'T BUY FROM IT IF THERE IS A CHANCE YOU MAY HAVE TO RETURN ANYTHING

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear Geraldine, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your hassle with your purchase. It is part of our procedure to ask for more details for example pictures to provide the best solution or for example the correct sparepart. We would like to take a closer look into your case, please contact us via mail leitung.service@thomann.de to help you further. Thank you. Regards, Your Customer Care Team

ivanchevm
July 9th, 2020

Great service and prices I have to say! Keep doing it Thomann. Next order wil be soon again. You are rock\m/

Hi Ivanchev,
Thanks for your feedback - you rock too!
Best regards

rana3
July 19th, 2020

My guitar (entry level, cheap guitar as thomann insist in remember me), came with the package taped like if a 3 year old child do, not with staples, lots of dust, like an an exhibition device.
My amp (marshall) came with cable like a nest.
Now, after a lot of emails where they say that it is normal, that the manufacturer do that because it is a cheap guitar, I contact the manufacturer, and they said, quote: "I can assure you that this is not how this guitar was packed at the factory".
As I send the manufacturer email to them, they do not answer me any more.
I let go the amp thing.

paulm1928
August 2nd, 2020

They sold me a guitar that was 2 years old from build date. The neck started to crack top joint they more or less called me a liar. They said it must have been involved in a accident. L know it has not. It has never left the same room since the day it came out of the box. If it had been mistreated it would have impact Mark's on the guitar but not a mark on it. The 3 year warranty is none existant. Go elsewhere.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you are having problems with your purchase. We kindly ask you to email us on leitung.service@thomann.de with the details of your order, and we will get back to you on this.

jonathant292
January 14th, 2021

I received top class, excellent service from my initial email enquiry all the way through ordering and delivery to Greece. I highly recommend Thomann and will definitely be ordering from the again in the future.

Dear Jonathan,
Top class service and a top class review!
We love our Greek customers and are always happy to hear from you - especially when it's so positive;)
Thanks again for your feedback and your recommendation, it's warmly received!
Have a great week Jonathan!
Your Thomann Greek Team

sebastianol
December 9th, 2019

I would have liked to buy an Hofner Cavern Bass but the delivery date was always postponed so I have had to change my order. The some thing happened with a Cabinet Markbass. The payment had been taken from my credit card before Thomann had sent the items. I'm waiting for the refund for two weeks.

boub
December 16th, 2020

I have purchased a Harley Benton 12 string and a case and I could not be happier with the service received. I had some questions before and after the purchase and they were all resolved. I had shipping tracking and the shipping was quick. But mostly I am delighted with the quality of the guitar

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our products and service provided.
Your Customer Care Team

emmad160
October 16th, 2020

Only ordered guitar and amp on Wednesday it came today. Well packed and very impressed with the quality of goods. It was a bs guitar and there is not a mark on it amazing.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hi Emma - thanks a lot for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your new guitar
Best grooves

lenc47
February 3rd, 2021

I bought thomann DP26 keyboard £222.00. Had to pay UPS an extra £71.58 vat and delivery charge. It arrived damaged. Emailed Thomann. They aren't interested. Just told me that they are passing my case onto UPS. I paid both Thomann and UPS with PayPal so I hope it will get sorted. I'm in limbo here as I need a keyboard. I can't afford another one untill I get my money back and I have no idea when I will. I will never use Thomann again and would advise UK buyers not too. Especially if they use UPS.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy if in the UK. THOMANN don't tell you about the import tax.

Products used:
Thomann DP26 keyboard

Hello Len,

jayc413
July 15th, 2020

I've been shopping at Thomann for a long time, even bought a guitar from them. Products are delivered with care and they have a good range of choice.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your review.
Wish you an awesome day

mikaels17
September 18th, 2020

I've spent most of my disposable income at Thomann for many years, so I think I can safely say Thomann rocks!

I can personally verify that:

1. They have a truly incredible amount of stuff to choose from! Not only all the usual brand names, but they also have good quality in-house brands with unbeatable prices (Harley Benton, Zultan).

2. If you still need something they don't have, just give them a call and they'll contact the manufacturer and get it for you. A very useful service, considering the fact manufacturers won't normally talk to YOU, but they'll return Thomann's calls alright! This has saved me on occasions.

3. When you have no idea what product best suits your needs, call Thomann and discuss it with their very helpful staff, they'll answer any questions about the products and guide you to the right choice. Thomann hires people who love music (and who often play an instrument themselves), and it shows in their enthusiasm!

4. They deliver quickly, and you're guaranteed to get flawless products, unless you specifically order items marked B-stock to save a buck.

5. If there's something wrong with a product anyway (perhaps it was damaged in transit), Thomann will replace it at no cost to you, and if it takes a long time to get a replacement they'll offer a rebate instead, if you prefer it.

6. If there's nothing wrong with a product but you find you don't want it after all, just send it back within 30 days, and Thomann will refund you in full, no questions asked. They will even pay for the return package! This service is so awesome I feel embarrassed every time I use it, it feels like taking advantage of a friend who is just too nice for his own good!

7. Cymbals are a great example of when Thomann's customer friendly way of doing business absolutely rocks. Cymbals are difficult to buy, because ever individual cymbal is unique, and you'll never know if you'll get one that melds well with your other cymbals. With Thomann you can order a few of the same model and see which one works best for you and return the rest. I wouldn't DARE to buy cymbals online from anyone else!

To sum it up, I've spent tens of thousands of Euros at Thomann over many years. I've bought guitars and basses and drums and woodwinds and microphones and studio equipment, and I've never once been disappointed with Thomann's service.

I have however often been impressed with their professional and user friendly business practices, and the helpfulness of their staff. To me, Thomann represents the measuring rod for how an online business should be run! Did I mention their online "in stock" status never lies? Little things like that is what makes an online store pleasant to use.

I write all of this because I'm APPALLED to see the low ranking Thomann has here! I can't think of a business that deserves this kind of harsh complaints less. Everyone should realize that Thomann is a huge business with lots and lots of customers. Apparently a few of them are unhappy for whatever reason, and feel the need to vent their disappointments online. But if my experience is anything to go by, your odds of being a happy customer are great indeed!

PS
The product reviews made by users at Thomann are often the only product feedback by users available anywhere on the internet. Always read them! If there's a subtle problem with a product, there's a good chance someone has encountered it before and can warn you, or tell you how to work around it.

Hi Mikael,
That was a very detailed and precise review - thank you so much for taking the time to write it!
We wish you all the best with your musical endeavours
Best Grooves

williamc1583
May 22nd, 2020

Best customer service in the whole World, Great range of producs! 00% feedback from me everytime. I have never had a problem with anything and i have bought a lot and will continue doing so.

Hi William,
Thanks a lot for your feedback - it really means a lot to us.
Our customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we're glad we managed to please you.
Talk to you soon!

fvefdvd
July 29th, 2020

The worst and creepiest company ever

I returned an item, but haven't got the refund, I think they're gonna steal money, they are thief.
I followed their return instruction, this company will steal your money by sending defective items, don't buy there! I guess good reviews are cheat by Thomann

-----
Revision
Finally I got the refund, this took so long

leeh472
May 4th, 2020

Excellent service from start to finish, very quick delivery, will definitely recommend and use again

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thank you for the kind words Lee. We are pleased to read that your shopping experience was smooth, as per our standards.
Best regards,

jc1260
November 13th, 2020

The worst customer services I have ever used. They are arrogant and take so long to resolve anything I really cant believe it. I am not exaggerating, my problem has gone on for months, they made big mistakes but did nothing to correct it, they refused returns without original disintegrated packaging that was so bad the product was damaged twice in the post. They accidentally gave me a refund and asked for it over a month later which was news to me. In that time I had been made redundant and didn't received my last 2 months wages and the money was gone, when I offered to send it back they was refusing to accept it, then they changed there mind but wouldn't take responsibility if the package was damaged when I had no packaging and ignoring the fact that the original packaging was useless in the first place. I am struggling to pay and I got some money together and I owe them £10. They gave me a grace period and then took it away threatening to take it to a debt collector! I will never ever use Thomann ever again. They don't show any empathy. Avoid these and use a UK company.

Hello,

ericm744
May 9th, 2020

YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN AND MONEY BACK GUARANTEED, AND THEY ARE VERY QUICK IN RESPONSE, AND YOU DON T EVEN HAVE TO PAY A PENNY FOR RETURNING PRODUCT, I ORDERED AT LEAST OVER 200 INSTRUMENTS IN THE PAST 25 YEARS AND IT IS DEFINITIVELY THE BEST SHOP FOR MUSICIAN WITH THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! EVERY VERY FEW TIME IT WAS A PROBLEME. THEY SOLVE IT EVERY TIME FASTER THAN THE SPEED LIGHT! ANY EMAIL GOT QUICKLY REPLIED, AND WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEME THEY ALWAYS FIND A QUICK SOLUTION.(ALWAYS!)i CAN NEVER RECOMMAND YOU THIS SHOP ENOUGH! IT SIMPLY THE BEST MUSIC INSTRUMENTS RETAILER IN EUROPE WITH THE CHEAPEST RATE AND ONE OF THE MOST EFFICIENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! SHIPMENT IS USUALLY VERY QUICK WITH UPS AND THE STOCK SHOWN ON WEB PAGE IS ALWAYS REAL! GO FOR IT NO HESITATION NECESSARY!

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hi Eric. Thanks for your kind words and for trusting us for all these years.
Looking forward to 25 more years together:)

janv69
April 10th, 2019

My first experience with Thomann. The selection of products, pricing, service quality is top notch! Will definitely return as soon as I will allow myself next musical joy.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thank you so much for your five stars and your kind words, Jan! =)
Best regards and rock on,
Your Thomann team

michaelf860
August 8th, 2019

I do not use Thomann as much as I should, but whenever I do, this is the experience:

I find exactly the product I need, even when I have looked elsewhere online.
I get really good prices.
I know delivery will be fast.
Responsiveness and shipping of my order will be extremely quick.
Customer service is excellent.

I really must remind myself to shop with Thomann more frequently. Very highly recommended.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thank you for your lovely review Michael
We can't expect a better feedback than yours.

We will be very happy to have you more often as customer on our online shop.

Have a nice day,

Your International Thomann Team

davidf2205
December 18th, 2020

Hello David,

leej214
September 5th, 2019

5 Stars all the way!
Incredible choice of instruments and everything else associated with making music at unbeatable prices. Fast reliable delivery service and everything arrives well protected and packaged. I have used Thomann many many times in the past and will continue to order all my guitar and amplifier parts through them in the future.

Hi Lee,

On the name of the whole Thomann Team, we woud like to thank you for your feedback and kind review.

All the best to you

richarda495
September 24th, 2019

Took less than a week to get my guitar all the way from Germany to the UK. Picked up a Harley Benton guitar and wow. I have no idea how they can sell such a great quality instrument at such a low price. Unbelievable.

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you are enjoying your new Harley Benton guitar. We are putting lot of efforts on the quality of those products and are glad that this makes our customers also happy.

All the best

pf45
February 14th, 2019

The best website and company...
Parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear customer! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Best regards from Treppendorf, your Thomann crew

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.4
Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?