Musikhaus Thomann e. K. reviews

Tel: +49-9546-9223-55
international@thomann.de

emilyw214
3/5/19

Their courier lost our order and Thomann refused to give refund and passed blame to their UPS courier who confirmed the parcel lost. But when we first contacted Thomann they insisted that a signature was obtained which clearly was not the case and we never got a copy of said signature because it never existed hence the parcel was lost. Avoid these rogues!

paulah162
2/26/19

Received my order today 25 feb which I placed on the 20th great service and communication as always thanks and regards- Paula H ...Dublin

pf45
2/14/19

The best website and company...
parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.

robg106
1/21/19

Just the worse customer service experience in my life. My order is in ...Spain from Dec. 17 and I'm in Switzerland. Nobody at Thomann can tell me something about it and the do NOTHING to solve the problem. Juste..."wait please"

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Rob,

We are really sorry that your parcel has not been delivered yet. As we do not have many information here, we would kindly ask you send us more details regarding your case on the following email address : al.international@thomann.de.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused
rayp99
12/19/18

I ordered a guitar back on October 3rd 2018. They declared the first order lost in the mail and sent me a replacement on Dec 3rd 2018. It's now Dec 19th 2018. Tracking shows it's still in German Customs. Every time I reach out to them they give me ridiculous answer for the delay. This was the last one and I quote " Thank you for your e-mail.

It's saying the same status because it has not been scanned from your local post yet.

In case you want a refund, please refuse the parcel on arrival and once we have it back here, we are going to refund you the amount.

Kind regards,

They are trying to tell me that guitar left German Customs, went through US Customs and is at my local post office and didn't get scanned once. I will never use this company again. Something weird is going on over there.

kevinc532
12/14/18

I can't speak highly enough. Always great prices and fantastic choice. Their website works like a dream and they are constantly updating and improving it. Shipping is fast and everything is extremely well packaged. The chances of something getting damaged during the shipping process is truly minimised.
But where they truly shine is the after sales customer support and the pre sale advice & after sales advice. My one critique is simple, if a product has or is getting a bad reputation? Drop them like a stone as the mud aimed at them may hit you and your hard earned reputation.

After reading other reviews, I decided this had to be said. I have had issues with Thomann, but not many. I am in Ireland & they are in Germany. When you are shopping that distance away there is always potential for issues to arise. It, unfortunately, takes time to resolve these issues. They will always do what they say. Errors happen. No one is perfect. I do a lot of online purchasing and Thomann, by far and bar none are streets ahead of any other seller online I have encountered in both terms of their website & their customer service.

Consumers need to understand, be prepared for and accept that issues will inevitably arise when ordering online and have the necessary patience to see it through. The question then remains how well do Thomann live up to their promise(s) & resolve your issue(s). They have every time with me. If patience is an issue then find a local shop/dealer and trade with them.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Kevin, thank you for your review and your kind words.
We are glad to hear you are happy with our range of products and services. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer support we can and are always looking at ways we can improve in this area, both pre and after sales.
Feedback is highly appreciated especially from an overseas and valued customer.
We look forward to dealing with you again in the future and wish you all the best for 2019!
Your Thomann Team International
rudolfg3
10/18/18

Very good e-shop to buy music gear. Plenty of items to choose from and quite fast shipping. There is definitely something for any musician in here.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Rudolf,

The whole Thomann Team wants to thank you for your review. We wish you all the best with your gear!
glennt57
9/12/18

I have just had the misfortune of order a Gibson guitar from Thomman, which arrived in perfect condition but was totally unplayable due to several problems from the manufacture. Thomman claim on their website that they check every guitar but when I asked they simply take a box off the shelf and ship it. I was told that for them to send me a new one as a replacement they would either need to have received the faulty one back or I would have to pay again. Understandable I suppose, so I paid again for another Gibson, after waiting for 4 days for delivery I checked the scheduled UPS date of delivery only to find out the Thomman had reversed the delivery as they claim that all Gibsons are like the first one I received so I wouldn't be happy. So when I asked if they could credit me for the second one (the first one was still in transit back to Thomman) I was told No they had to wait until the parcel they return before it even arrived at my home address would have to be received back before they would credit me.
Long story short. I chose another make and model and Thomman then agreed to set it up and ship it Express delivery. Which they claim they did. Now they tell me that something must have gone wrong with UPS (blame someone else) and it was on a standard delivery. So still I have no guitar.

Thomman used to be really slick, now I would really think twice about ordering from this company again. Terrible experience.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear customer,

We are really sorry to read that you are not satisfied with our service.

The Gibson's guitars are checked by our supplier. in case you wish to have an extra setup our special check in the future, please let us know in advance. Once the order is shipped out, we can only ask our driver to return it.

The last guitar you have received has been specialty checked for you by our quality control service and shipped out by Express delivery 48h without extra cost as requested. We would like to reminder that a standard delivery takes approximately 72 to 96h.

Also, your money has been charged back on your bank account as soon as we received the item back. Once the refund has been issued, please note that it can take few days to appear on your bank account

We thank you for your understanding

Your Thomann team
rajeshp19
8/29/18

i placed an online order with payment process through paypal.

i got order confirmation email and after that there was no correspondence.

i had to follow up with their department after 1 week and i was told they did not ship my order because they were waiting for my tel number .

my point is that i had to follow up to be told this . only after that i got to know why my shipment had not been dispatched .

I was also told they sent me an email asking for my # which is not true as i didcheck all my emails and my spam folders etc , they were lying , there was no email sent to me.

This will be my first and last dealing with Thomann . Very unprofessional . I will probably not deal with them again. Very laid back company to deal with .

like the emoticon/ emoji says doesn"t get worse than this !@!!! stay away from such companies .....

i reside in Dubai . UAE

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Rajesh,

We are terribly sorry to read your review.
Usually, if your phone number is missing, you should receive an email from our Team as soon the order has been generated. It is indeed possible that this email is landing in your Spam folder. as it is happening pretty often.
Please contact us at al.international@thomann.de with your customer number, so we can have a closer look on your case and see what we could still do for you.
Accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused
Thomann Team International
colinp47
7/30/18

I've never put a guitar together , so ordered a Tele kit of thomann , decided to just varnish it , three or four coats and a bit of polish later looked good ,right let's put it together ,took a couple of hours , including coffee breaks , it all went together fairly easy including the electronic stuff , one screw had to be replaced with a slightly bigger one , but other then that no problems , all done I plugged it in , quite a lot of noise , I'll take of the bridge plate and check the earth lead one day ,but strangely at full volume noise disappeared , so I'll just play on full volume haha ,it don't take much setting up , and it does sound good , I'm very pleased with it and pleased an old git like me can build a playable guitar ,if you want a fairly cheap guitar that's fairly easy to build , get one of these !

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Colin, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear you love our Harley Benton kit! Don't hesitate to leave a product review on the website! All the best, Your Thomann Team International
terriblee
7/10/18

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! - I never write reviews, so for me to do so, the service must have been really bad. All I can say is ... "What an awful experience I have had ordering an instrument online from Thomann." HERE'S WHY: It took over a month and when I finally received the package ... they had sent the WRONG INSTRUMENT (I found out later that it was due to mislabeling of their product). After receiving the wrong instrument, I had to go through the painful process of sending it back (getting shipping quotes, dealing with delayed customer service emails, taking several pictures of the shipping boxes/labels/instrument, and so much more). After sending back the instrument, I became even more frustrated to eventually get the news that they were "out of stock" on the instrument that I originally ordered. At this point I still haven't received my refund. MY ADVICE: Do not order from Thomann. Just pitiful service all around.

mh251
6/8/18

After ordering I was advised the shipping costs had doubled and I would need to pay the difference for my order to proceed. I feel this is a dishonest practice and it left a poor taste. I'm unlikely to purchase from them again.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear M H., thank you for your review! We are truly sorry to hear about this confusion! Our aim is to make our communication with you as clear and transparent as possible! We will of course review our shipping information on the website and improve the details displayed the best way possible. Your feedback as a customer is precious to us and we hope to be able to make it up to you on future occasion! Thank you again and all the best, your Thomann Team International
istvant1
5/28/18

I purchased a Lexicon MPX Native Reverb software from Thomann whebshop. 2 days ago.

On the following link:

Did the payment, downloaded the software. During the activation process it has occurred that a hardware key is required for the final activation.

Neither the web shop page or the Thoman's email response mentions that it is not a stand-alone application and I need to spend another 45 euros + postal service charge for a hardware key in order to use the VST plugin. Not talking about that I needed the application immediately - as it was stated (Available immediately) at the web shop ad.

Although it mentions within the system requirements: Pace iLok (item 401447). The hardware key is not not a sort of system requirement like: WinXP min., Mac OSX 10.5 min., 1.6 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM. So why the hell it is mentioned at the system requirements??? Nothing to do with the system requirements, right?The hardware key is actually protection for the software manufacturer, in this case one can not use the software without it. So it is the part of the product.

Furthermore I got the Thomann's email response with the download link after purchase, which doesn't say a word about the hardware key. Very BAD communication!

Being tricked into this purchase, I immediately emailed them on the given address. I declined from the order and asked for a refund. I did not receive any answer.

But after I called them 3 times (spent at least 30 mins on phone, international call) Daniel Lindmark e-mailed me, saying they normally can't offer any refund on download items. Regardless if it works or not? I think the whole customer service is a joke.

This is a misleading sell! This is how they do the profit? Very interesting.

I don't know, how it will match the reputation of Thomann?

Attached a document as well.

Regards

Istvan Tutunzis

Tip for consumers: Be careful to buy anything online from Thomann.de!

sorenp3
5/3/18

I've been shopping at Thomanns for many years. Once it was a good store. But now they have reached a critical mass for size, where they obviously do not care about the customers anymore.

In recent years, they have begun selling guitars that have already been sold at least once, as brand new. You can see it on the guitar if it has been sold before. There may be strings other than specified, there may be special settings and there may be DNA tracks after the previous owner !! Naturally, I return this kind of guitars, as I do not want to buy used. The system has worked in part because of somewhat easy returns with package collection at my home. But just try to hear this story:

I ordered a Framus guitar that arrived in very bad condition. Due to bad packaging from Framus, a strap lock (metal piece) had loosened from the guitar and rattled around in the inner guitar bag and ended up on the edge of the guitar, where it made a big chin. There was also a black stripe from a marker under the lacquer somewhere else on the body.

Of course I do not want such a defect thing, so I wrote to Thomann about the problem. A Kafka like process started. They would have me to photograph all the packaging, wrapping and the guitar. I should also fill in a note and go down to the post office and let them sign that it was their fault that the damage to the guitar had occurred !! I do not work for Thomann, so I made them aware of that. Then a fermented process began: Thomann has a Danish department, but only for sale! If there is something wrong, the Danish department will only send things on, and you have to write it all back in English. In total more than 30 mails were exchanged !! I felt it as an assault.

Eventually they became convinced that I would not perform the required tasks. They then sent a return label to Postnord, ie. where I by myself would be draging the package down to the post office. I am old, the post office is far away and the box is big. I have no car and it can not fit on the bike.

Thomann offered me a label for a UPS pickup, IF I PAYED. I have no other options, so I had to eat it. 30,- euro to look at a defective guitar. That is too expensive. And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.

If Thomann answers this, you should be very suspicious if they do not lay flat down and apologize, but instead try to explain their way out of this mess. Mail order is a matter of trust. Would you trust Thomann after this?

peteh60
4/25/18

I live in America andnd wanted to buy a set of bass strings not available there. I found them on Thomann for a good price, when I checked the shipping costs they were $37 for a small package. I find this way too expensive as shipping within Europe is free, way to alienate a hug market Thomann

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Pete, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We offer the best shipping prices possible for each and every country and are in permanent contact with our shipping partners to get even better rates! We appreciate your feedback on this, please be assured that we are constantly making an effort to improve our standards, whether it's in Europe, America or anywhere else the world! All the best, Thomann Team International :-)
marys791
4/3/18

shopping with thomann on line makes it very easy and the equipment is of very high quality and delivery very prompt

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Dear Mary, thank you so much for the 5 stars and your review! Best wishes, your Thomann team
billym67
4/1/18

I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning. I have given the guitar a CST 24 T Delux in Paradise Flame, a very good try out, I am extremely happy with this guitar, I have played other guitars at £1500 plus that have not matched the tones or playability of this instrument. I cannot fault it, well the G string needed a very slight adjustment of intonation but could have gotten by without it. I will certainly buy another Harley Benton guitar and have no problem advising anyone to purchase one. I ordered late on a Friday night did not expect it to be dispatched till Monday, which it was received the guitar on Wed. Germany to Edinburgh Scotland in 3 days great stuff. Thank you, Thomann, Keep up the good work and workmanship.

Tip for consumers: Go through the whole list of the type of guitars you fancy, then listen to the reviews on youtube so you get an idea of what you are purchasing sounds like.

Response from Franziska D., Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Representative
Hello Billy, thank you very much for the 5 stars and the positive review! We are glad to hear you are happy with our services. :-) Best regards, your Thomann team
catherines102
2/23/18

Jättenöjd med Thomann, lätt att söka sin vara, lätt att beställa, betala och en fantastisk snabb leverans, ända till min dörr!!!l
Det kunde inte bli bättre!!!
En jättenöjd kund.
Catherine Sjöblom, Göteborg, Sweden

filipem8
1/24/18

Great Costumer care and unrivaled prices and availability! So far my experience has been very satisfactory... All the items I purchased arrived in mint condition, well packed and fully functioning! The online store is very well designed and very efficient as is the online mobile app which is available for free

michalw6
1/11/18

the one of the best... ! i'm only on on the trip and the thomann i'st only available! it's very good contractor !!!

alexg194
1/10/18

I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. if I could give more than 5 stars I would.

grzegorzp4
1/8/18

very bad expirience with this company!
i buy i (try buy )!! some headphones ultrasone pro 900i i make order pay debit card found was immediately frozen at my Debit card , so my bank accept payment i think will be all ok and i get my headphones and next day someone from company write to me mail your order was cancel you must make new order and -pay bank transfer WTF? i pay already Debit card (my found still frozen at my debit card) so i call to my bank and they told me do not send any Bank Transfer to this company
3 days i write mails to real cancel my order and try get back my frozen founds to my debit card , card was Visa!

problem is how many days i need to wait to get back my founds :/
very bad company customer service does not exist

so now i wonder how many time i must wait to back my reserwation money

martinr64
1/8/18

I have bought everything from plectrums to a Gibson Les Paul from Thomann. I have always had great service and great prices, the slight trade off is the longer delivery time to the UK. but that just makes the anticipation all the more sweet.

subashm2
1/6/18

Great Customer Satisfaction with real trust and truthfulness.Good knowledge on products, High Professiona with quality products,

silvior3
12/20/17

The best online store for instruments and related products. Best service , High quality control, safety , quality...

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

From the business