Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.35 stars from 85 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. most frequently mention customer service, high quality and online store. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. ranks 8th among Instrument sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Great Company Great Products”

B O.
3/31/20

I've ordered a number of times over the years and I haven't been disappointed. What I love is their own brand Harley Benton products, today I've bought my 4th Bass guitar from them (+1 double bass). I'd research the markets for comparative products but price/quality wise, despite my best efforts I end up going back to Thomann. It looks like many on here bass (yes pun) their reviews on a single incident with Thomann. Mine is based on numerous transactions with them over the last 5 years. B

“Good products, terrible customer service”

David F.
12/18/20

I really like their Harley Benton products, but their customer service is awful. I ordered a couple of guitars from them and one came with the input jack disconnected because the nut that secures it was missing. I emailed them asking for the nut size so I could order a replacement locally but it's taken about 6 emails back and forth to get an answer from them and each email takes 24+ hours for them to reply to. And in the end they told me the wrong size!

customer service (14) guitar (20)
geraldinep49
December 30th, 2020

I bought a flute Prima thumbrest. It came without the adjustment screw or proper installation instructions for the silicon pad. I wrote asking for the screw size so I can buy it locally and asked which way around to install the pad.
The responded with a from letter asking for photographs of what they sent me BEFORE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING.
THERE FOLLOWED MORE CORRESPONDENCE WHERE THEY WERE VERY RUDE, SAYING I WAS REFUSING TO COLLABORATE IN SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

DON'T BUY FROM IT IF THERE IS A CHANCE YOU MAY HAVE TO RETURN ANYTHING

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear Geraldine, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your hassle with your purchase. It is part of our procedure to ask for more details for example pictures to provide the best solution or for example the correct sparepart. We would like to take a closer look into your case, please contact us via mail leitung.service@thomann.de to help you further. Thank you. Regards, Your Customer Care Team

rana3
July 19th, 2020

My guitar (entry level, cheap guitar as thomann insist in remember me), came with the package taped like if a 3 year old child do, not with staples, lots of dust, like an an exhibition device.
My amp (marshall) came with cable like a nest.
Now, after a lot of emails where they say that it is normal, that the manufacturer do that because it is a cheap guitar, I contact the manufacturer, and they said, quote: "I can assure you that this is not how this guitar was packed at the factory".
As I send the manufacturer email to them, they do not answer me any more.
I let go the amp thing.

sebastianol
December 9th, 2019

I would have liked to buy an Hofner Cavern Bass but the delivery date was always postponed so I have had to change my order. The some thing happened with a Cabinet Markbass. The payment had been taken from my credit card before Thomann had sent the items. I'm waiting for the refund for two weeks.

kenc491
February 27th, 2021

I bought an item from Thomann but decided I wanted to cancel the order. I sent them an email 10 minutes after I bought the item asking them to cancel it. 2 days later they tell me that I can't cancel because the order was sent already! These people don't know what they are doing and can't even check their email in a timely manner. DO NOT waste your time with this company. Look for someone who is more professional and knows how to treat you and the product you buy with respect!

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry we were unable to cancel your order prior to dispatching it.

Unfortunately, at the moment we are facing an increase in volume of email correspondence especially with our great UK customers following the implementation of new trade rules introduced on January 1st, therefore, our response time is currently around one working day. Please note, we can also be contacted via live chat on our website and by phone if you have an urgent request.

We do our very best to ship orders to our customers as quickly as possible so in this case we shipped your order before we could respond to the cancellation request. Please kindly email our management team on tl.international@thomann.de and we will provide you with further instructions on how to cancel the order.

We look forward to hearing from you and apologise for the inconvenience you have faced.

Your Thomann International Team

paulm1928
August 2nd, 2020

They sold me a guitar that was 2 years old from build date. The neck started to crack top joint they more or less called me a liar. They said it must have been involved in a accident. L know it has not. It has never left the same room since the day it came out of the box. If it had been mistreated it would have impact Mark's on the guitar but not a mark on it. The 3 year warranty is none existant. Go elsewhere.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you are having problems with your purchase. We kindly ask you to email us on leitung.service@thomann.de with the details of your order, and we will get back to you on this.

bo19
March 31st, 2020

B

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thanks for the kind words, B.
We put a lot of effort into our research and development of in-house brands, as well as making sure that the Quality Control is always on spot.
Looking forward to many other interactions with you!

lenc47
February 3rd, 2021

I bought thomann DP26 keyboard £222.00. Had to pay UPS an extra £71.58 vat and delivery charge. It arrived damaged. Emailed Thomann. They aren't interested. Just told me that they are passing my case onto UPS. I paid both Thomann and UPS with PayPal so I hope it will get sorted. I'm in limbo here as I need a keyboard. I can't afford another one untill I get my money back and I have no idea when I will. I will never use Thomann again and would advise UK buyers not too. Especially if they use UPS.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy if in the UK. THOMANN don't tell you about the import tax.

Products used:
Thomann DP26 keyboard

Hello Len,

paveld9
April 25th, 2020

I've ordered 27 times so far (thousands euros) and can't tell any bad words about them.
Great services, great support, great portfolio, all packages was delivered ASAP (to Slovakia). It is the best store for musicians i know.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for trusting us so many times!
Your musical endeavours are in good hands with us :) Make some great music with your new gear!

fvefdvd
July 29th, 2020

The worst and creepiest company ever

I returned an item, but haven't got the refund, I think they're gonna steal money, they are thief.
I followed their return instruction, this company will steal your money by sending defective items, don't buy there! I guess good reviews are cheat by Thomann

-----
Revision
Finally I got the refund, this took so long

ahmedn49
December 6th, 2020

Honest People, Best Customer Service, Best Quality. Their brand Harley Benton is a killer, it will dominate over classic global brands very soon. I'm happy to spend my money there.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hello Ahmed, thank you so much for your 5 stars and your warm words.
Best from Germany,
Your Thomann team

jc1260
November 13th, 2020

The worst customer services I have ever used. They are arrogant and take so long to resolve anything I really cant believe it. I am not exaggerating, my problem has gone on for months, they made big mistakes but did nothing to correct it, they refused returns without original disintegrated packaging that was so bad the product was damaged twice in the post. They accidentally gave me a refund and asked for it over a month later which was news to me. In that time I had been made redundant and didn't received my last 2 months wages and the money was gone, when I offered to send it back they was refusing to accept it, then they changed there mind but wouldn't take responsibility if the package was damaged when I had no packaging and ignoring the fact that the original packaging was useless in the first place. I am struggling to pay and I got some money together and I owe them £10. They gave me a grace period and then took it away threatening to take it to a debt collector! I will never ever use Thomann ever again. They don't show any empathy. Avoid these and use a UK company.

Hello,

ivanchevm
July 9th, 2020

Great service and prices I have to say! Keep doing it Thomann. Next order wil be soon again. You are rock\m/

Hi Ivanchev,
Thanks for your feedback - you rock too!
Best regards

jonathant292
January 14th, 2021

I received top class, excellent service from my initial email enquiry all the way through ordering and delivery to Greece. I highly recommend Thomann and will definitely be ordering from the again in the future.

Dear Jonathan,
Top class service and a top class review!
We love our Greek customers and are always happy to hear from you - especially when it's so positive;)
Thanks again for your feedback and your recommendation, it's warmly received!
Have a great week Jonathan!
Your Thomann Greek Team

boub
December 16th, 2020

I have purchased a Harley Benton 12 string and a case and I could not be happier with the service received. I had some questions before and after the purchase and they were all resolved. I had shipping tracking and the shipping was quick. But mostly I am delighted with the quality of the guitar

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our products and service provided.
Your Customer Care Team

emmad160
October 16th, 2020

Only ordered guitar and amp on Wednesday it came today. Well packed and very impressed with the quality of goods. It was a bs guitar and there is not a mark on it amazing.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hi Emma - thanks a lot for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your new guitar
Best grooves

jayc413
July 15th, 2020

I've been shopping at Thomann for a long time, even bought a guitar from them. Products are delivered with care and they have a good range of choice.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your review.
Wish you an awesome day

billc471
December 6th, 2019

I ordered a bag for my Denon Prime 4 and was sent the wrong bag in error. It is too small for the screen to fit.
When I called to try and sort out the situation, the lady handling the transaction was very rude, suggesting that I had ordered the wrong bag before she even checked the file. She then told me it would be three weeks to return the bag I just received and would call me back. I am still waiting!

mikaels17
September 18th, 2020

I've spent most of my disposable income at Thomann for many years, so I think I can safely say Thomann rocks!

I can personally verify that:

1. They have a truly incredible amount of stuff to choose from! Not only all the usual brand names, but they also have good quality in-house brands with unbeatable prices (Harley Benton, Zultan).

2. If you still need something they don't have, just give them a call and they'll contact the manufacturer and get it for you. A very useful service, considering the fact manufacturers won't normally talk to YOU, but they'll return Thomann's calls alright! This has saved me on occasions.

3. When you have no idea what product best suits your needs, call Thomann and discuss it with their very helpful staff, they'll answer any questions about the products and guide you to the right choice. Thomann hires people who love music (and who often play an instrument themselves), and it shows in their enthusiasm!

4. They deliver quickly, and you're guaranteed to get flawless products, unless you specifically order items marked B-stock to save a buck.

5. If there's something wrong with a product anyway (perhaps it was damaged in transit), Thomann will replace it at no cost to you, and if it takes a long time to get a replacement they'll offer a rebate instead, if you prefer it.

6. If there's nothing wrong with a product but you find you don't want it after all, just send it back within 30 days, and Thomann will refund you in full, no questions asked. They will even pay for the return package! This service is so awesome I feel embarrassed every time I use it, it feels like taking advantage of a friend who is just too nice for his own good!

7. Cymbals are a great example of when Thomann's customer friendly way of doing business absolutely rocks. Cymbals are difficult to buy, because ever individual cymbal is unique, and you'll never know if you'll get one that melds well with your other cymbals. With Thomann you can order a few of the same model and see which one works best for you and return the rest. I wouldn't DARE to buy cymbals online from anyone else!

To sum it up, I've spent tens of thousands of Euros at Thomann over many years. I've bought guitars and basses and drums and woodwinds and microphones and studio equipment, and I've never once been disappointed with Thomann's service.

I have however often been impressed with their professional and user friendly business practices, and the helpfulness of their staff. To me, Thomann represents the measuring rod for how an online business should be run! Did I mention their online "in stock" status never lies? Little things like that is what makes an online store pleasant to use.

I write all of this because I'm APPALLED to see the low ranking Thomann has here! I can't think of a business that deserves this kind of harsh complaints less. Everyone should realize that Thomann is a huge business with lots and lots of customers. Apparently a few of them are unhappy for whatever reason, and feel the need to vent their disappointments online. But if my experience is anything to go by, your odds of being a happy customer are great indeed!

PS
The product reviews made by users at Thomann are often the only product feedback by users available anywhere on the internet. Always read them! If there's a subtle problem with a product, there's a good chance someone has encountered it before and can warn you, or tell you how to work around it.

Hi Mikael,
That was a very detailed and precise review - thank you so much for taking the time to write it!
We wish you all the best with your musical endeavours
Best Grooves

johnd3989
August 8th, 2020

I saw an item I liked at a competitive price, I contacted their BRASS customer service to inquire about the product and overseas warranty before placing the order for a Selmer Reference 54 Alto Sax (very expensive horn) - I NEVER RECEIVED A REPLY. No problem, I purchased the saxophone somewhere else. So why am I writing a negative review then? Because, if they do not even have the courtesy and professionalism to respond to a simple message, then, much less would they respond to a more serious matter (i. E. an overseas return from the USA) as so many others have mentioned. If you want to do business in the USA, at least kindly tell the brass section to have the courtesy to respond to potential customers. CJ (ps: Do NOT censure this post please, as I am taking a picture of it and posting in all social media to prove submission).

williamc1583
May 22nd, 2020

Best customer service in the whole World, Great range of producs! 00% feedback from me everytime. I have never had a problem with anything and i have bought a lot and will continue doing so.

Hi William,
Thanks a lot for your feedback - it really means a lot to us.
Our customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we're glad we managed to please you.
Talk to you soon!

yuriyr3
May 4th, 2020

2 times failing to charge the order/replying to the customer makes me want to share the world. Good luck!

leeh472
May 4th, 2020

Excellent service from start to finish, very quick delivery, will definitely recommend and use again

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thank you for the kind words Lee. We are pleased to read that your shopping experience was smooth, as per our standards.
Best regards,

paulad305
January 21st, 2021

Absolutely appalling... DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. We ordered goods at the beginning of January... we paid the delivery fee, goods arrived today (£500) and the UPS man said that now we are out of Europe we had to pay another £106 to him in order to receive them. I rang tomann.de uk and they told me that they are trying to sort this out but couldn't help. There is nothing on their website that says you have to pay another 20% and even when I have googled it on their website now nothing comes up. I have been on every music website I know and told all the muso this company... hopefully you will feel the same ways and music college students I can find to not order from them.

Tip for consumers:
DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU LIVE IN UK AS YOU HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER 20% ON THE DOORSTEP THAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT. GOOGLE IT FOR YOURSELVES.

Products used:
Absolutely appalling...DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. We ordered goods at the beginning of January... we paid the delivery fee, goods arrived today (£500) and the UPS man said that now we are out of Europe we had to pay another £106 to him in order to receive them. I rang tomann.de uk and they told me that they are trying to sort this out but couldn't help. There is nothing on their website that says you have to pay another 20% and even when I have googled it on their website now nothing comes up. I have been on every music website I know and told all the muso this company...hopefully you will feel the same ways and music college students I can find to not order from them.

Hi Paula,

Thank you for your feedback and we are very sorry to hear you were unaware of the new payment process.

From 1st January, 2021 the UK has left the EU and single market and new trade regulations were introduced following the agreement reached between the EU and UK at the end of the transition period in December, 2020.

As a result, the UK prices on our website are VAT free (net price) and the VAT and handling fees (due to paperwork and customs) are paid to the courier on arrival. We have updated our product pages, shopping basket, checkout pages and shipping pages with this information and we also inform customers on the Order Confirmation emails sent once the order has been placed and prior to dispatch.

Again, we do apologise if this was not clear and thank you for your feedback Paula. We understand that customers would like to see the full price (inclusive of VAT and handling fees) on our website and avoid splitting the payments between ourselves and couriers which is why we will shortly be offering door-to-door pricing on our website. We expect this to be implemented within weeks so please check our website for updates.

For futher information, please kindly contact us on tl.international@thomann.de and we will be happy to discuss this further.

Your Thomann International Team

reiv
July 17th, 2020

Parcel NOT Receive.
Thomann hold my money 2150 EUR and ask me to wait for 4 months for a refund. (Do I look like MONEY LENDER to you?!)

WORST Customer service EVER
- No Followup

- Fraud shipping - DHL (The shipping Thomann use is the cheapest which takes 3-8weeks to arrive). Not DHL 7- 10days

- No resend parcel, Accuse my custom IS holding the parcel

- Ask to wait for 4 months for nothing.

- No compensation, apologies or whatsoever

- They just felt sorry for what happen
O They just told me parcel lost(after 4 months), will refund me in a few days(waited for 2 weeks).
O Won't ask for resend parcel
O End of story? Are we even doing business here? One time dealing? OK, Am I buying cheap $100 china product?

11 March
Ordered & Paid and using DHL as shipping.
Estimated time arrival is 7-10 days.

24 March
Tracking still display that the item is in germany. Contacted Thomann and was told there is delay due to Corona Virus. It may take up to 3-8weeks for the item to arrive.(My parcel from USA using Fedex arrived within 1-2 weeks during this time.)(My guess is Thomann lied and used the cheapest shipping method (30-60days), DHL usually take 7-15days to arrive at my country).

14 April
Tracking still not yet updated.
Contacted Thomann, they said they have asked DHL to investigate the whereabouts of the parcel.

24 April
Still no updates. Contacted Thomann, They accuse my local custom is holding the parcel.

2 May
Contacted Thomann, was told investigation will take up to 2 MONTHS!

3 May
Contacted my local custom, was told there's no parcel from germany.

1 July
Contacted Thomann again. Was told the parcel is lost and they will refund me.

8 July
Contacted Thomann was told to wait for official result for refund. 15 July finally receive the refund (-$38 due to exchange rate.)

HOLDING MY 2150EUR FOR 4 MONTHS & 6 DAYS NOW I LOST $38 DUE TO EXCHANGE RATE & THE RENTAL MONEY WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR PARCEL!
THANKS FOR NOTHING THOMANN.
WILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU AGAIN!

emilyw214
March 5th, 2019

Their courier lost our order and Thomann refused to give refund and passed blame to their UPS courier who confirmed the parcel lost. But when we first contacted Thomann they insisted that a signature was obtained which clearly was not the case and we never got a copy of said signature because it never existed hence the parcel was lost. Avoid these rogues!

Dear Emily,
We are very sad that you are not satisfied with our services. Could you please send an email with your customer number to social@thomann.de? Then we’ll be able to locate your account and find out, what’s going on. Best regards, your Thomann team

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.4
Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?