Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

www.thomann.de

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 4.03 stars from 67 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. also ranks 7th among Instrument sites. The most common issues with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 70.6%

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Great Company Great Products”

B O.
3/31/20

I've ordered a number of times over the years and I haven't been disappointed. What I love is their own brand Harley Benton products, today I've bought my 4th Bass guitar from them (+1 double bass). I'd research the markets for comparative products but price/quality wise, despite my best efforts I end up going back to Thomann. It looks like many on here bass (yes pun) their reviews on a single incident with Thomann. Mine is based on numerous transactions with them over the last 5 years. B

“Terrible Service”

Bill C.
12/6/19

I ordered a bag for my Denon Prime 4 and was sent the wrong bag in error. It is too small for the screen to fit. When I called to try and sort out the situation, the lady handling the transaction was very rude, suggesting that I had ordered the wrong bag before she even checked the file. She then told me it would be three weeks to return the bag I just received and would call me back. I am still waiting!

customer service (12) guitar (15)
bo19
March 31st, 2020
B
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thanks for the kind words, B.
We put a lot of effort into our research and development of in-house brands, as well as making sure that the Quality Control is always on spot.
Looking forward to many other interactions with you!
paveld9
April 25th, 2020
I've ordered 27 times so far (thousands euros) and can't tell any bad words about them.
Great services, great support, great portfolio, all packages was delivered ASAP (to Slovakia). It is the best store for musicians i know.
Hi Pavel,
Thanks for trusting us so many times!
Your musical endeavours are in good hands with us :) Make some great music with your new gear!
ivanchevm
July 9th, 2020
Great service and prices I have to say! Keep doing it Thomann. Next order wil be soon again. You are rock \m/
williamc1583
May 22nd, 2020
Best customer service in the whole World,Great range of producs !00% feedback from me everytime.I have never had a problem with anything and i have bought a lot and will continue doing so.
Hi William,
Thanks a lot for your feedback - it really means a lot to us.
Our customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we're glad we managed to please you.
Talk to you soon!
leeh472
May 4th, 2020
Excellent service from start to finish, very quick delivery, will definitely recommend and use again
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you for the kind words Lee. We are pleased to read that your shopping experience was smooth, as per our standards.
Best regards,
ericm744
May 9th, 2020
YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN AND MONEY BACK GUARANTEED ,AND THEY ARE VERY QUICK IN RESPONSE ,AND YOU DON T EVEN HAVE TO PAY A PENNY FOR RETURNING PRODUCT , I ORDERED AT LEAST OVER 200 INSTRUMENTS IN THE PAST 25 YEARS AND IT IS DEFINITIVELY THE BEST SHOP FOR MUSICIAN WITH THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!EVERY VERY FEW TIME IT WAS A PROBLEME .THEY SOLVE IT EVERY TIME FASTER THAN THE SPEED LIGHT!!ANY EMAIL GOT QUICKLY REPLIED ,AND WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEME THEY ALWAYS FIND A QUICK SOLUTION.(ALWAYS!!!!)i CAN NEVER RECOMMAND YOU THIS SHOP ENOUGH!IT SIMPLY THE BEST MUSIC INSTRUMENTS RETAILER IN EUROPE WITH THE CHEAPEST RATE AND ONE OF THE MOST EFFICIENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! SHIPMENT IS USUALLY VERY QUICK WITH UPS AND THE STOCK SHOWN ON WEB PAGE IS ALWAYS REAL!!!GO FOR IT NO HESITATION NECESSARY!!!!
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Hi Eric. Thanks for your kind words and for trusting us for all these years.
Looking forward to 25 more years together :)
davids3154
January 13th, 2020
I have bought so far, 1 guitar, 2 ukuleles, 2 pickups. From these, 1 pickup was not working, 1 ukulele was scratched and the guitar stopped working after a few months. They decided to recall the guitar which was then broken during transportation back to Germany. After appealing from their initial decision to sending the guitar as is (broken) back to me, I was able to obtain a satisfactory solution from Customer Support. The ukulele and pickup were so low value that they just decided to send me another one (still in transit).
So, not the best percentage so far, but I guess is good to know Customer Support was there in the end for me, even if I had to appeal from their initial decision in one of the issues. I hope to have better luck with their products next time.
Hi David,
We are sorry to hear that you received faulty products.
Don't worry, we've got your back and the resolution of your issue is happening as we speak.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.
billc471
December 6th, 2019
janv69
April 10th, 2019
My first experience with Thomann. The selection of products, pricing, service quality is top notch! Will definitely return as soon as I will allow myself next musical joy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you so much for your five stars and your kind words, Jan! =)
Best regards and rock on,
Your Thomann team
yuriyr3
May 4th, 2020
2 times failing to charge the order/replying to the customer makes me want to share the world. Good luck!
michaelf860
August 8th, 2019
I do not use Thomann as much as I should, but whenever I do, this is the experience:

I find exactly the product I need, even when I have looked elsewhere online.
I get really good prices.
I know delivery will be fast.
Responsiveness and shipping of my order will be extremely quick.
Customer service is excellent.

I really must remind myself to shop with Thomann more frequently. Very highly recommended.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Thank you for your lovely review Michael
We can't expect a better feedback than yours.

We will be very happy to have you more often as customer on our online shop.

Have a nice day,

leej214
September 5th, 2019
5 Stars all the way!!!
Incredible choice of instruments and everything else associated with making music at unbeatable prices. Fast reliable delivery service and everything arrives well protected and packaged. I have used Thomann many many times in the past and will continue to order all my guitar and amplifier parts through them in the future.
Hi Lee,

On the name of the whole Thomann Team, we woud like to thank you for your feedback and kind review.

All the best to you

sebastianol
December 9th, 2019
I would have liked to buy an Hofner Cavern Bass but the delivery date was always postponed so I have had to change my order . The some thing happened with a Cabinet Markbass. The payment had been taken from my credit card before Thomann had sent the items. I'm waiting for the refund for two weeks.
emilyw214
March 5th, 2019
Their courier lost our order and Thomann refused to give refund and passed blame to their UPS courier who confirmed the parcel lost. But when we first contacted Thomann they insisted that a signature was obtained which clearly was not the case and we never got a copy of said signature because it never existed hence the parcel was lost. Avoid these rogues!
Dear Emily,
we are very sad that you are not satisfied with our services. Could you please send an email with your customer number to social@thomann.de? Then we’ll be able to locate your account and find out, what’s going on. Best regards, your Thomann team
richarda495
September 24th, 2019
Took less than a week to get my guitar all the way from Germany to the UK. Picked up a Harley Benton guitar and wow. I have no idea how they can sell such a great quality instrument at such a low price. Unbelievable.
Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you are enjoying your new Harley Benton guitar. We are putting lot of efforts on the quality of those products and are glad that this makes our customers also happy.

All the best
peteh60
April 25th, 2018
I live in America andnd wanted to buy a set of bass strings not available there. I found them on Thomann for a good price, when I checked the shipping costs they were $37 for a small package. I find this way too expensive as shipping within Europe is free, way to alienate a hug market Thomann
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear Pete, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We offer the best shipping prices possible for each and every country and are in permanent contact with our shipping partners to get even better rates! We appreciate your feedback on this, please be assured that we are constantly making an effort to improve our standards, whether it's in Europe, America or anywhere else the world! All the best, Thomann Team International :-)
pf45
February 14th, 2019
The best website and company...
parcels have always arrived on time. Great customer service and returns policy.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear customer! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Best regards from Treppendorf, your Thomann crew
alexg194
January 10th, 2018
I have been using this store for as long as I can remember. From when I got my first bass at the age of 14 right up to this guitar pick and replacement acoustic peg purchase at the age of 29. I have recommended Thomann to many friends and family and everyone has come back more than happy with their purchases. if I could give more than 5 stars I would.
rolands57
July 2nd, 2019
I bought a gift to my girlfriend from thomann. First they sent a wrong order, then after contacting them many times they finally sent the right item I ordered. After that they made it my responsibility to send back their wrong package which was their responsibility. After failing many times to send it back because of internal problems between them and Ups, they started sending me letters to pay for the article I didn't even order, and it got to a point where they even threatened to sue me if I did not pay. I tried a few more times to send the article back, and every time they would send me a return label that was used.
Its 6 months later now and still they can't take responsibility for their mistake.
If you are planning on ordering something from thomann, I'd recommend checking out other companies that would put their client first and not have to deal with this kind of bs.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Hello Roland,
We are very sorry to hear of the trouble with your purchase.

Can you please contact us at service@thomann.de and we will be able to look into this further for you.
Your Thomann Customer Care Team
paulah162
February 26th, 2019
Received my order today 25 feb which I placed on the 20th great service and communication as always thanks and regards- Paula H ...Dublin
You are welcome, Paula! =) Keep on rockin'! Your Thomann team
rudolfg3
October 18th, 2018
Very good e-shop to buy music gear. Plenty of items to choose from and quite fast shipping. There is definitely something for any musician in here.
Dear Rudolf,

The whole Thomann Team wants to thank you for your review. We wish you all the best with your gear!
pauls1225
August 20th, 2019
After moving to Europe from the USA I lamented the loss of my favorite music gear company, Sweetwater. However, once I discovered Thomann I forgot all about my woes! Great gear (even their own brand), great customer service, all from a great company!
Hi Paul,

We would like to thank you for the nice review. Glad to hear that you found your happiness in our service and products.

Have a great week.

robc188
August 4th, 2019
Easy and inexpensive order. Shipped quickly and with no issues even though it was the instrument was 130 cm long!
Hello Rob,

A big thanks for your review, we are delighted that you are happy with your purchase.

We wish you a good day,
kevinc532
December 14th, 2018
I can't speak highly enough. Always great prices and fantastic choice. Their website works like a dream and they are constantly updating and improving it. Shipping is fast and everything is extremely well packaged. The chances of something getting damaged during the shipping process is truly minimised.
But where they truly shine is the after sales customer support and the pre sale advice & after sales advice. My one critique is simple, if a product has or is getting a bad reputation? Drop them like a stone as the mud aimed at them may hit you and your hard earned reputation.

After reading other reviews, I decided this had to be said. I have had issues with Thomann, but not many. I am in Ireland & they are in Germany. When you are shopping that distance away there is always potential for issues to arise. It, unfortunately, takes time to resolve these issues. They will always do what they say. Errors happen. No one is perfect. I do a lot of online purchasing and Thomann, by far and bar none are streets ahead of any other seller online I have encountered in both terms of their website & their customer service.

Consumers need to understand, be prepared for and accept that issues will inevitably arise when ordering online and have the necessary patience to see it through. The question then remains how well do Thomann live up to their promise(s) & resolve your issue(s). They have every time with me. If patience is an issue then find a local shop/dealer and trade with them.
Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep
Dear Kevin, thank you for your review and your kind words.
We are glad to hear you are happy with our range of products and services. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer support we can and are always looking at ways we can improve in this area, both pre and after sales.
Feedback is highly appreciated especially from an overseas and valued customer.
We look forward to dealing with you again in the future and wish you all the best for 2019!
Your Thomann Team International
robg106
January 21st, 2019
Just the worse customer service experience in my life. My order is in ...Spain from Dec. 17 and I'm in Switzerland. Nobody at Thomann can tell me something about it and the do NOTHING to solve the problem. Juste..."wait please"
Dear Rob,

We are really sorry that your parcel has not been delivered yet. As we do not have many information here, we would kindly ask you send us more details regarding your case on the following email address : al.international@thomann.de.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Marketing / PR

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?