Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K.

Musikhaus Thomann e. K. has a consumer rating of 3.24 stars from 91 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Musikhaus Thomann e. K. most frequently mention high quality and online store. Musikhaus Thomann e. K. ranks 9th among Instrument sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%

• I received my guitar a few days ago, very well packaged in 2boes with loads of cushioning.

• And it was extremely unpleasant with the humiliating contact with customer service.
How would you rate Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

“Great Company Great Products”

B O.
3/31/20

I've ordered a number of times over the years and I haven't been disappointed. What I love is their own brand Harley Benton products, today I've bought my 4th Bass guitar from them (+1 double bass). I'd research the markets for comparative products but price/quality wise, despite my best efforts I end up going back to Thomann. It looks like many on here bass (yes pun) their reviews on a single incident with Thomann. Mine is based on numerous transactions with them over the last 5 years. B

“Good products, terrible customer service”

David F.
12/18/20

I really like their Harley Benton products, but their customer service is awful. I ordered a couple of guitars from them and one came with the input jack disconnected because the nut that secures it was missing. I emailed them asking for the nut size so I could order a replacement locally but it's taken about 6 emails back and forth to get an answer from them and each email takes 24+ hours for them to reply to. And in the end they told me the wrong size!

customer service (14) guitar (20)
brunob93
April 12th, 2021

Purchased a guitar 40 days ago, arrived in pristine package but with neck broken in two.No way to get money back since then, customer care always repeating the same story about UPS courier responsability but no way to get refund. Beware

Hello Bruno,
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you are having problems with your purchase. We kindly ask you to email us on leitung.service@thomann.de with the details of your order, and we will get back to you on this.

bo19
March 31st, 2020

B

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Thanks for the kind words, B.
We put a lot of effort into our research and development of in-house brands, as well as making sure that the Quality Control is always on spot.
Looking forward to many other interactions with you!

geraldinep49
December 30th, 2020

I bought a flute Prima thumbrest. It came without the adjustment screw or proper installation instructions for the silicon pad. I wrote asking for the screw size so I can buy it locally and asked which way around to install the pad.
The responded with a from letter asking for photographs of what they sent me BEFORE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING.
THERE FOLLOWED MORE CORRESPONDENCE WHERE THEY WERE VERY RUDE, SAYING I WAS REFUSING TO COLLABORATE IN SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

DON'T BUY FROM IT IF THERE IS A CHANCE YOU MAY HAVE TO RETURN ANYTHING

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear Geraldine, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your hassle with your purchase. It is part of our procedure to ask for more details for example pictures to provide the best solution or for example the correct sparepart. We would like to take a closer look into your case, please contact us via mail leitung.service@thomann.de to help you further. Thank you. Regards, Your Customer Care Team

rana3
July 19th, 2020

My guitar (entry level, cheap guitar as thomann insist in remember me), came with the package taped like if a 3 year old child do, not with staples, lots of dust, like an an exhibition device.
My amp (marshall) came with cable like a nest.
Now, after a lot of emails where they say that it is normal, that the manufacturer do that because it is a cheap guitar, I contact the manufacturer, and they said, quote: "I can assure you that this is not how this guitar was packed at the factory".
As I send the manufacturer email to them, they do not answer me any more.
I let go the amp thing.

davidf2205
December 18th, 2020

Hello David,

georgek740
May 16th, 2021

Epic customer service, great communication and trustworthy! Professionalism at its finest!
Great packaging and handling, everything came intact, in mint condition! Fast shipping and on time! 5/5 stars for Thomann!
Best regards to the employees and all my respects to all of them! Thank you so much!

Hello George,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with the service provided.

Cheers from Treppendorf
Your Thomann Customer Care Team

kenc491
February 27th, 2021

I bought an item from Thomann but decided I wanted to cancel the order. I sent them an email 10 minutes after I bought the item asking them to cancel it. 2 days later they tell me that I can't cancel because the order was sent already! These people don't know what they are doing and can't even check their email in a timely manner. DO NOT waste your time with this company. Look for someone who is more professional and knows how to treat you and the product you buy with respect!

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry we were unable to cancel your order prior to dispatching it.

Unfortunately, at the moment we are facing an increase in volume of email correspondence especially with our great UK customers following the implementation of new trade rules introduced on January 1st, therefore, our response time is currently around one working day. Please note, we can also be contacted via live chat on our website and by phone if you have an urgent request.

We do our very best to ship orders to our customers as quickly as possible so in this case we shipped your order before we could respond to the cancellation request. Please kindly email our management team on tl.international@thomann.de and we will provide you with further instructions on how to cancel the order.

We look forward to hearing from you and apologise for the inconvenience you have faced.

Your Thomann International Team

paveld9
April 25th, 2020

I've ordered 27 times so far (thousands euros) and can't tell any bad words about them.
Great services, great support, great portfolio, all packages was delivered ASAP (to Slovakia). It is the best store for musicians i know.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for trusting us so many times!
Your musical endeavours are in good hands with us :) Make some great music with your new gear!

jodye39
April 6th, 2021

Charges don't include taxes or delivery costs on payment. I've been waiting nearly two weeks for a product I will pay more for (than competitors). When I contacted them days ago, to enquire where is my item, I have heard nothing. Could this company be legit, I'm wondering...?

Tip for consumers:
There are hidden costs of which won't be known until shipping. Don't expect a response if anything should happen.

Products used:
Item not arrived yet

Hello.

davids3154
January 13th, 2020

I have bought so far, 1 guitar, 2 ukuleles, 2 pickups. From these, 1 pickup was not working, 1 ukulele was scratched and the guitar stopped working after a few months. They decided to recall the guitar which was then broken during transportation back to Germany. After appealing from their initial decision to sending the guitar as is (broken) back to me, I was able to obtain a satisfactory solution from Customer Support. The ukulele and pickup were so low value that they just decided to send me another one (still in transit).
So, not the best percentage so far, but I guess is good to know Customer Support was there in the end for me, even if I had to appeal from their initial decision in one of the issues. I hope to have better luck with their products next time.

Hi David,
We are sorry to hear that you received faulty products.
Don't worry, we've got your back and the resolution of your issue is happening as we speak.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

paulm1928
August 2nd, 2020

They sold me a guitar that was 2 years old from build date. The neck started to crack top joint they more or less called me a liar. They said it must have been involved in a accident. L know it has not. It has never left the same room since the day it came out of the box. If it had been mistreated it would have impact Mark's on the guitar but not a mark on it. The 3 year warranty is none existant. Go elsewhere.

Hello,

lenc47
February 3rd, 2021

I bought thomann DP26 keyboard £222.00. Had to pay UPS an extra £71.58 vat and delivery charge. It arrived damaged. Emailed Thomann. They aren't interested. Just told me that they are passing my case onto UPS. I paid both Thomann and UPS with PayPal so I hope it will get sorted. I'm in limbo here as I need a keyboard. I can't afford another one untill I get my money back and I have no idea when I will. I will never use Thomann again and would advise UK buyers not too. Especially if they use UPS.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy if in the UK. THOMANN don't tell you about the import tax.

Products used:
Thomann DP26 keyboard

Hello Len,

sebastianol
December 9th, 2019

I would have liked to buy an Hofner Cavern Bass but the delivery date was always postponed so I have had to change my order. The some thing happened with a Cabinet Markbass. The payment had been taken from my credit card before Thomann had sent the items. I'm waiting for the refund for two weeks.

ahmedn49
December 6th, 2020

Honest People, Best Customer Service, Best Quality. Their brand Harley Benton is a killer, it will dominate over classic global brands very soon. I'm happy to spend my money there.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Hello Ahmed, thank you so much for your 5 stars and your warm words.
Best from Germany,
Your Thomann team

fvefdvd
July 29th, 2020

The worst and creepiest company ever

I returned an item, but haven't got the refund, I think they're gonna steal money, they are thief.
I followed their return instruction, this company will steal your money by sending defective items, don't buy there! I guess good reviews are cheat by Thomann

-----
Revision
Finally I got the refund, this took so long

jc1260
November 13th, 2020

The worst customer services I have ever used. They are arrogant and take so long to resolve anything I really cant believe it. I am not exaggerating, my problem has gone on for months, they made big mistakes but did nothing to correct it, they refused returns without original disintegrated packaging that was so bad the product was damaged twice in the post. They accidentally gave me a refund and asked for it over a month later which was news to me. In that time I had been made redundant and didn't received my last 2 months wages and the money was gone, when I offered to send it back they was refusing to accept it, then they changed there mind but wouldn't take responsibility if the package was damaged when I had no packaging and ignoring the fact that the original packaging was useless in the first place. I am struggling to pay and I got some money together and I owe them £10. They gave me a grace period and then took it away threatening to take it to a debt collector! I will never ever use Thomann ever again. They don't show any empathy. Avoid these and use a UK company.

Hello,

peteh60
April 25th, 2018

I live in America andnd wanted to buy a set of bass strings not available there. I found them on Thomann for a good price, when I checked the shipping costs they were $37 for a small package. I find this way too expensive as shipping within Europe is free, way to alienate a hug market Thomann

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear Pete, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We offer the best shipping prices possible for each and every country and are in permanent contact with our shipping partners to get even better rates! We appreciate your feedback on this, please be assured that we are constantly making an effort to improve our standards, whether it's in Europe, America or anywhere else the world! All the best, Thomann Team International:-)

mh251
June 8th, 2018

After ordering I was advised the shipping costs had doubled and I would need to pay the difference for my order to proceed. I feel this is a dishonest practice and it left a poor taste. I'm unlikely to purchase from them again.

Franziska D. – Musikhaus Thomann e. K. Rep

Dear M H., thank you for your review! We are truly sorry to hear about this confusion! Our aim is to make our communication with you as clear and transparent as possible! We will of course review our shipping information on the website and improve the details displayed the best way possible. Your feedback as a customer is precious to us and we hope to be able to make it up to you on future occasion! Thank you again and all the best, your Thomann Team International

ianb546
March 31st, 2021
Verified purchase

Recently purchased a couple of items for the first time since Brexit, and have to say this company really doesn't like UK customers anymore.

Firstly, the items were supposed to be delivered within a few days, but after a week, nothing arrived, nor did I receive ANY notification from the delivery company.

It turns out that after a week, there was an outstanding customs charge (now due on ALL items from Thoman) that was unpaid.

The items simply sit in a delivery depot expecting the end user to chase them up for a delivery attempt.

Thomann's customer service were useless. I emailed them continuously over a two week period, and not only do they take two days to respond, but they simply refer you to pre printed information, rather than deal with you like a human being.

Needless to say even when I decided to refuse the items, they said that I needed to contact the couriers... so basically they wanted to do as little work as possible... but even when I DID contact the couriers, they said they couldn't do anything, they needed THOMAN to tell them to return the goods back to sender.

I'm STILL waiting after a whole month now for a refund.

Hello Ian,

willl131
April 7th, 2021

Don't buy anything from them. Hidden Fees.
Horrible Custom Service.
Unprofessional ''sales person''

Hello.

billc471
December 6th, 2019

I ordered a bag for my Denon Prime 4 and was sent the wrong bag in error. It is too small for the screen to fit.
When I called to try and sort out the situation, the lady handling the transaction was very rude, suggesting that I had ordered the wrong bag before she even checked the file. She then told me it would be three weeks to return the bag I just received and would call me back. I am still waiting!

paulah162
February 26th, 2019

Received my order today 25 feb which I placed on the 20th great service and communication as always thanks and regards- Paula H... Dublin

You are welcome, Paula! =) Keep on rockin'! Your Thomann team

johnd3989
August 8th, 2020

I saw an item I liked at a competitive price, I contacted their BRASS customer service to inquire about the product and overseas warranty before placing the order for a Selmer Reference 54 Alto Sax (very expensive horn) - I NEVER RECEIVED A REPLY. No problem, I purchased the saxophone somewhere else. So why am I writing a negative review then? Because, if they do not even have the courtesy and professionalism to respond to a simple message, then, much less would they respond to a more serious matter (i. E. an overseas return from the USA) as so many others have mentioned. If you want to do business in the USA, at least kindly tell the brass section to have the courtesy to respond to potential customers. CJ (ps: Do NOT censure this post please, as I am taking a picture of it and posting in all social media to prove submission).

yuriyr3
May 4th, 2020

2 times failing to charge the order/replying to the customer makes me want to share the world. Good luck!

jakubk25
May 26th, 2021

I placed an order, but few days before payment went through i notice the address was wrong. Straigh away i send email that address is wrong before payment went though + change address to correct one on their webside + next day contact support that address was wrong. They told me it is too late ( which was not to late as my parcel was not even send yet) = nobody looked at my email... They told me to contact delivery company... They send, parcel from Germany to Ireland on the wrong address. Good selection of products but poor customer service. Good people from Irish Anpost helped me to direct my parcel, everything is easy if you're willing to help.

Hi Jakub,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear your address was not changed.

We do our very best to dispatch orders as quickly as possible so it will arrive with you within the given time frame therefore there are times where the order is shipped before we can make an amendment.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are also available via phone (0049 9546 9223 55) or live chat so if you have any questions please feel free to drop us a line.

Your Thomann International Team

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musikhaus Thomann e. K. staff and other customers.

Musikhaus Thomann is Europe’s largest music store, employing nearly 1400 members of staff. Thomann is a family-run business, offering a huge assortment of musical equipment, accessories, lighting, staging and studio technology. With Thomann’s online catalogue of over 85 000 products, as well as a 5500 m² show room, it has proved its position as the European market leader. The company has on-site music specialists from 18 different countries, who are here to advise our 9.4 million customers from around the world. Thomann currently sends out nearly 26 000 parcels each day.
www.thomann.de

Franziska D.
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.2
Have a question about Musikhaus Thomann e. K.?