Mountain High Outfitters reviews

Tel: (205)970-3300
mountainhighoutfitters.com@domainprivacygroup.com

terryv40
1/23/19

I ordered a vest from this company that was on sale, having read their policy that items discounted by more than 30% are not returnable for cash, only store credit. (Who does this, btw? Weird.) The regular price on the vest was $120 while the sale price was $80, so doing some quick math in my head I figured that it had been discounted by 1/3, which was about 30%. When I received the vest I found that it was too small and decided to visit the store in-person to try a larger size. I didn't like how the second vest fit either so I decided to return the first one, which I had been told over the phone that I could do. Lo and behold, the discount was actually 33% by the math, so I could only get store credit. (Sneaky?) The store would not honor what I had been told over the phone, and they didn't have anything else in the store that I wanted (or that wasn't over-priced) so I settled for a store gift card. My money was held hostage for over a year because the retail store is a pain to get to in the middle of town and the website sucks (or did at the time) as it displayed a hodgepodge of leftover items that did not reflect the stores' inventory. I finally found a couple of items that used up my gift card (not a penny more!) and have neither shopped their website nor set foot in any of their stores since.

mm5
12/23/09

I ordered an item from this website 6 days before Christmas and received a confirmation e-mail back that the the order was accepted. The item I had purchased was very difficult to find so I was very excited to know I would be receiving it on time. The item was due to arrive the day before Christmas. On the Wednesday of that same week I went on line to check the status of the order to find that there was no tracking number and it made me a little nervous so I called the company. The company sent me an e-mail about 2 hours after the call and said they had cancelled my order because the item was out of stock (this was 3 days after the order had been placed and confirmed). I called them back and the internet manager, Harvey, said there was nothing he could do. He said they were just busy and didn't find out about my order until this morning. When asked if he could give me a different jacket at the same price, he refused.

I am only writing this review of Mountain High Sports so that other people do not have to go through the same frustration and disappointment that I have endured. It is not good business or customer service to treat people in this way. I hope this helps.

Questions? Get answers from the Mountain High Outfitters staff and other customers.

Mountain High Outfitters?