Review of MetroPCS

Tel: 1-800-778-7879
2017 Customer choice award

jackelynk1
5/17/19

I have been a customer with Metro ever since they first opened. All year they have been taking my money and not giving me the services I paid for and then suspending my account even after payment was made. I paid over $30 in one month for hotspot data that i never received. I called customer service to complain and they keep telling me that I l used up all my hotspot in 2 mins when they never even gave me the hotspot. Tried to get my money back and they refused. Just paid yesterday for hotspot and around midnight my service was suspended. Had to sit on the phone with them for over an hour while getting the kids ready for school. Very incontinent. This is a BS company and I would never recommend them!!

janew232
3/22/19

If there was a black star to hit to show people not to go with Metro POC I'd hit it!!! I'm so outraged it's not funny. I'm a disabled person on a low fixed income. 10 days ago I lost a phone not with Metro in the back of a Uber that I wasn't use to using and my phone fell out and I had no way of contacting them because I didn't have access to computer. I then got my old metro phone that was broken and messed up but still worked and got service on it. I paid $43.00 I didn't have since I just had paid by phone bill on my other driving around somewhere so 30 minutes later after telling my younger friends my problem they knew how to get a hold of Uber and I got my phone back so I called Metro back to tell them and file a claim to get my $43 back I needed very much. Today is March 22nd 2019. 10 days after I filed my claim with my claim number, agent number and all pertinent info and they yell me ever so politely they're working on it like they always say and after 30 minutes they tell me they have no record of anything so I'm here to basically run them in the ground! I can't believe it. I was with them for over 5 years before and left due to poor reception and now they are theives!!! What in the world are they doing??? I have the proof of the $43 payment to them on the 8th of March and the proof of me calling them same day to cancel and get my money back.
METRO PCS AKA METRO POC DOESNT DESERVE ANY BUSINESS IF THEY WANT TO RIP OFF SOMEONE WHO IS ON SSDI AND NEEDS EVERY BIT TO MAKE ENDS MEET ALONG WITH FIGHTING EXTREMELY POOR HEALTH TOO.
I usually let things go but this I felt I had to say. Makes me mad that a company making billions wouldn't refund a legitimate claim of $43 dollars to a former customer. That's the way they roll...maddening!!!

michaelaw20
3/20/19

I recently moved to a big city in another state. We got metro and one they lie about prices from store to store so someone lining they pockets and the service is crap.i use a paper map since GPS never works not to mention barely have service anywhere don't be fooled by deals cut rate deal cause they are a cut rate service T-Mobile was wrong for this

micheller390
3/5/19

Forget all them other phone carrier's. Never leaving metro. I have been screwed over by Verizon at&t straight talk. And finally now that i decided to port over best service ever

seykam
2/2/19

I had bad phone service with them for about 6 months. One month i was charged $10 extra dollars out of no where and didn't pay it. My service was shut off. I called them to find out why, they apologized and agreed they didn't know where the charge came from. They fixed the account. I've had to call in every month (3 so far) after that because our service shuts of. They promise every time that we are on auto pay and everything is fixed. I've spent about 6 hours on the phone because of their mistake. Changing companies.

ernestb47
1/30/19

A person by the name of Orlando should not be dealing with customers. Had no ideal how to answer a simple question. Got rude, did not have a nametag on. Found out his name from another employee ( who acted as if he was disappointed in how we were treated ). South Dale Mabry, Tampa, Fl

kristinw37
1/13/19

The store in Houston on N Main. OMG! You go in to pay the bill and the manager is one pushy, shady bastard! My husband went in to pay my bill and he tried to get him to buy a new phone. He wouldn't stop! He had my husband's phone behind the counter and was lowkey holding it hostage. Je had to reach over the counter to get his phone back. Unacceptable, ghetto behavior.
Rewind to a few months ago when he purchaded phones:
Mohammed, did not provide any receipts or pin numbers, so when then time change happened, my husband had do a factory reset on his phone because the shady, inept Mohammed, didn't provide the pin number that you need to get anywhere with the even more inept, dishonest call center hacks in India.
How the store on N Main is still open, is beyond me.
That manager had no idea how close he came to getting punched that day.

jenniferc774
11/24/18

I PURCHASED A L4 IN JULY IT PROBLEMS SENT BACK TO STORE YOU WOULD GET A NEW 1 BACK "NOT" THEY SENT ME A REFURBISH NOW I PAID FOR A NEW PHONE I SHOULD GET MY MONEY BACK I HAD TO TAKE IT BACK 5 TIME AND NEED TO GO AGAIN SO FRUSTRATED I CANT DO TO THEM RIGHT NOW I THINK THEY ARE COMMITTING FRAUD I HAVE ALWAYS GAVE REVIEWS BUT NO MORE I IF DONT GET A FAVORABLE OUT COM CRICKET IS CALLING ME 214 3161279

PSA IF YOU PAY FOR A NEW PHONE BE SURE TO GET A NEW PHONE BACK

jcb12
11/21/18

I went into the MetroPCS store (above) in Fairfax, Va. The first shock was that it was going to cost me $15 to have them switch my phone to a new one that I had purchased, even though I had been a customer for 3.5 years. I had the rep show me where it said that, and she did...with some laminated cards that said what else is expected from customer service...and internal document. I agreed to pay the fee. She switched out my SIM and memory card but said it didn't work; she said my phone wasn't unlocked. It was but it took her several tries to make it work. She handed me back the phone and said "$15". I looked at the laminated customer service card and asked her why she wasn't doing anything else for me, like switch everything over from one phone to the other. She said that was only for new customers, pay her $15. I said put it on my account, and she said no. Then she told me cash or debit only. REALLY? What about the "We take credit card" sign on the door? Things got even worse than this so I called MetroPCS customer service right from the store. They apologized profusely and supposedly made a record for that franchise. MetroPCS is fine if you stay away from this franchise for sure. The only other one I have ever gone to was in Dumfries, Va and they were ok, but this one is not even worth one star.

dannym161

{page:WordSection1;}
-->

A few months ago I left ATT
for Metro PCS. The main reason was that I
could get the same coverage and plan for 66% less than I was paying. I was so happy. A couple of weeks ago, my Samsung died, not
even 60 days old. I was told that the
battery was fried and that Samsung would not warranty it. I said to the Metro rep, well someday needs
to take responsibility for this. He just
stood there and told me to go get a new battery. I said perhaps my attorney would look at this
in a different way. HE said what do you
want me to do take it to Trump. He said
that what you get for buying a piece of $#*! for a phone.. I was shocked. He began to treat me like he just didn't care. I was getting angry I have to admit. He told me to get the $#*! out of his
store. I left. A few days later I attempted to reach the
owner of the franchise, but never got a call back. I then reached to the regional manger that
told me to give him a few days. This was
well over a week ago. I still have heard
nothing. I guess I really traded good
customer service to save some money.
Buyer beware, while the rates are low, after you walk out the door you
are nothing to Metro PCS.

Metro by T-Mobile
PO Box 601119
Dallas, TX 75360

peterf218
11/6/18

METRO PCS IS NOT LOYAL TO THEIR LONG TIME CUSTOMERS. THEY ONLY LOOKING FOR NEW CUSTOMERS. THE NEW CUSTOMERS GET FREE PHONES AND BETTER PLANS. THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS THAT BIN WITH METRO PCS FOR YEARS THEY SAID THEY CAN GET A UPGRADE. IT NO FREE PHONE TO GET A NEW PHONE YOU HAVE TO PAY ALOT OF $$$$$$. YOU ARE LOYAL TO THEM BUT THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO YOU

melissab348
9/13/18

i have nothing but trouble with this company most of my calls go right to voice mail half the time i do not get my messages i have called them many times to get the problem fixes and alls it does is screws it up more now i do not get my lte light at the top of my phone i'm so sick of this place

elainem132
8/16/18

I have had 2 lines with Metro PCS for 5 months, and for the past 4 months, I have had nothing but issues trying to pay my bill. I clicked on the link in the reminder text, tried to pay online and through their app and I get a message that the card is invalid. The first time this happened I had JUST paid other bills through other online bill pays and thought perhaps I had miscalculated my money. Nope. Balance is exactly where it should be. So I go into a store, where you have to pay an additional fee to be able to pay a bill in person and their in-store systems take the card payment, no problem. The associates in store were kind enough to call customer service and have them refund the $3 fee and 'open a ticket' to investigate the issue. Month 2, same issue. Go into to store and after explaining the issue AGAIN, I was informed that the company knew of the issue and were trying to fix it, that I was not the only one experiencing the issue. Month 3 , SAME ISSUE. Go to store, pay bill along with fee, call customer service and FORCE them to refund this month's and LAST month's inconvenience fee (they argued against refunding the previous month's because I opted NOT to call since I was told the company knew about the issue and were working on it. I made the terrible mistake of cutting them some slack and giving them the benefit of the doubt.)
Month 4...SAME ISSUE AGAIN. ONCE AGAIN have to argue with 'customer service' that it in fact NOT the card or the bank, as I have made a gas purchase and paid 2 bills online already with no issues. I was told the only option was to open a ticket and wait 72 hours for it to resolve. I was also informed that they see a previous ticket had been marked as resolved. OBVIOUSLY NOT, as I have had to waste 45 minutes of my day on the phone REPEATEDLY telling you that the issue is STILL not the card or the bank and that if I walk into a store there won't be an issue other than me having to waste MORE time calling 'customer service' to get a $3 fee refunded because YOUR online systems are fouled up.

bottom line: if you enjoy the feeling of constantly banging your head against a wall and wasting your time, by all means go with MetroPCS. I however will be switching to another provider that can get their acts together from day one.

jamesl637
7/17/18

Metro pcs has offered great customer service for the first two years i have had them imo. One of the best services offered imo is the My metro app and how convenient it makes it to pay my bill and if needed i have the option to get a 48 hr extension of full services. The services which for two years if needing the extension, i pay my bill in full shortly after getting the extension and everyones interest are covered. Now starting this month i find out that if i need the courtesy restore until i can pay my bill that the talk and text will be restored but not the internet services. The internet service is about 80% of why i pay my bill. Its kind of petty at first thought. Anyway it was conveniet in the event i made a mistake and was not on top of my bill payment. This month being out of town on vaca til friday and not having payed my bill in advance this is a real headache since i was to rely on there service. Im a 2 year customer with no debt with them and i purchased all my products from there store and will have no internet for the next couple days atleast until im home. Then argueing im paying a full bill for services im not able to use is another headache. Imo they now have made the corp swing of pushing there expenses of business onto there customer instead of offering a customer service which extends there service. That philosophy is what pushes me away. Ive been down that road with big companys before. Usually i walk away and find another way to meet my needs.

robertar33
7/12/18

I made a visit to the MetroPCS on 1334 E Apache Blvd Tempe Az 85281. Magali helped me with my decision on which phone to get. And helped me activate a phone for my daughter. She did a good job keeping a good conversation going while she was working on my phone. Great customer service Magali thank you so much.

davidw1052
7/11/18

For the price you really can't beat Metro PCS, HOWEVER I am in Ohio and travel between Dayton area and Akron and had very spotty service. In my home there was no consistency of whether I would get an incoming call. If I was near a big city i.e. Chicago then it was exceptional, but I just couldn't get a consistent signal in anywhere from Dayton area all the way to Akron. Lots of dropped calls and Emergency call only. I gave them six months and tried to fix and still not good so I can't recommend them for anywhere in the areas of Ohio I was traveling through.

rauln9
6/24/18

I switched from sprint who i was with for over 3 yrs. Not 100% happy with sprint so i was checking around at my options. I was told if i switched to metro i could keep my number and after i made my second payment i would recieve a visa gift card for $100. I had planned to upgrade my phone when i got the card. After making my 3rd payment i asked about it. The girl was very nice and helpped me through the process. I was given a tracking number and i recieved a text that said i would recieve it in i think it wad 10-12 weeks. 3days later i got an email saying i didn't quallify. I feel like they didn't keep their end of our deal. Service is great but they got me. Not good business.

chrish627
6/23/18

Phone works good until you get about two weeks from paying bill then everything slows down and hard to access anything, pay for unlimited everything and still stimied accessing info , considering switching phone services, absolutely frustrated with this service!

stephaniew214
6/15/18

For everyone who's around to read this review,
In order to fully understand you need to check out my Facebook page as its public under Stephanie Whitman and you'll see the post that began at all! It Chronicles the horrible experience I had with Metro PCS and their salespeople!

PLEASE HIT THE LIKE BUTTON OR FEEL FREE TO COMMENT!
SHOW #METROPCS: THAT THEY CANNOT RIP PEOPLE OFF ONE-BY-ONE ANYMORE!

So I'm sure some of you have seen the post I put on Facebook about the #Metro ordeal that I've been going through since May 4th of last month? And if you haven't you could check it out on my feed because it's public.
Well......,...let me tell you what's going on with that. As soon as I posted that long post chronicling everything that happened from the minute I walked into the #MetroPCS store till that day I posted. (It included everything on how the salesperaon, #PEDRO FROM THE #MtPENN #METROPCS #STORE tricked me, lied to me, sold me a broken phone, and when I went back the very next day to return the phone tells me that he did an upgrade without my approval or even telling me that he was doing an upgrade and said because of that he cannot return or exchange the phone.)
Well the very next day I got a response from the #MetroTeam saying how sorry they were and that they were going to fix this problem and that yes it was wrong what he did to me and they agree with me a wholeheartedly. (And I have all the messages to prove it.)
Now mind you that was over a month ago okay? MY monthly bill is due again. Now I pay my fee and I'm not able to even use the phone so what sense does that make? And every time I ask them, " what's going on?", "Look just give me my money back I'll give you the phone" , "you even told me what he did was wrong and that this sale was shiesty AT THE VERY LEAST" and there was nothing right about the way he went about selling me the phone and that I should be able to give the phone back and get my money back" these are all comments that they have made to me and I have made to them. Believe me I have them all saved in my messenger account..
And every time I check in with them after a few days of waiting they're repeatedly telli me how "grateful they are for my patience, just a few more days"! l guess what my PATIENCE has RUN OUT.
NOTHING IS BEING DONE! THEY'RE STRINGING ME ALONG AND THEY KNOW IT.
The only thing that they were ever willing to do was to offer me 2 "Courtesy" phones which were older than the previous phone I owned. THE TWO PHONES THEY OFFERED ME CAME OUT IN 2016 AND 2015! My previous phone was LG K20 Plus. AND CAME OUT IN 2017, the two phones they offered me where made two years prior to that! No mention of returning my money....nothing!
So I had to turn it down. I'm not going to spend #$153 on a #phone that's #ancient.
So what I'm asking all my Facebook friends and people that don't even know me to do is to just hit the like button on this post and show #MetroPCS A #MULTIMILLION-DOLLAR #,CORPORATION, that the average person can make a difference! Let them know that this won't be tolerated!! ! I mean seriously $153 return out of the billions of dollars they make??? IS THAT REALLY GOING TO PUT A DENT IN THEIR POCKET BY DOING THE RIGHT THING? So I asked you pleaae show this company that they can no longer treat people any old way they want to and take money from people that really don't have any money to begin with. Just a like, share or comment whatever you want to do, or whatever you can do would be greatly appreciated. The more people who like this post... the more it shows #MetroPCS that they cannot get away with things like this!

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME IN READING THIS POST!

calebo6
6/11/18

I am absolutely furious with this horrendous phone company. You may think that because its so much cheaper its a good deal but its not, because you are affectively giving them money and receiving nothing in return. I called and worked with three separate customer service agents trying to get my phone set up for a trip to Europe. They told me the best international plan they had for Europe did not give me calling, but free unlimited texting with my unlimited data plan I already had in place. Little did I know and as they completely failed to explain, metro pcs literally has 0 service or reception in Europe. Im not exaggerating where I mean its just really really weak, they literally have no service here, which you would think at least one of the three customer service agents I asked about a European international plan might mention. That unlimited texting plan I got got? it means I can send texts when Im connected to WiFi. Wow gee thanks!! Thats super $#*!ing useful!! Oh wait no one I know is a $#*!ing scrub without an iPhone and So iMessage is the only thing I use anyway. And even if they didnt have iMessage there are about a billion apps that let you talk for free with WiFi. This not only meant that I had no ability to contact people, it meant that I was stranded in foreign countries where I did not speak the language with no ability to contact people for help, get directions anywhere, or look up important information. I felt extremely unsafe many times. Metro PCS completely ruined my vacation which I had been planning for months. Horrible, manipulative, deceptive phone company. Absolute joke.

debbiep170
6/8/18

When I got MetroPCS seven years ago there weren't many reviews so I took a chance because it was so cheap I'm so glad I did 7 years later I'm a happy customer, I used to have Sprint probably the worst company in the world with their overcharges and phony bills up charges get rid of them get MetroPCS you will be very happy

lilianam9
5/26/18

Me gusta metros tiene buen servicio gracias soy costumbre de metro de los recomiendo a todos las personas gue tengan teléfono móvil

ronw82
3/22/18

I have been a customer with Metro PCS for over three years now. No major issues have occurred within this time frame. The cell phone service is great in my present location. However, I have been to rural areas just to have no signal. Thus, one should check with Metro PCS for coverage in the area prior to purchasing phone and plans. Anyhow, customer service line via chat or phone will solve everyday problems with ease. Phones themselves are dependable and affordable. Obviously some will perform better than others. Prepaid cell phones plans are also affordable. Metro PCS in some cases will allow two day extensions for prepaid customers who are unable to pay their bill on time. Furthermore, exclusive deals for new customers are presented on a regular basis. I would like to see deals for existing customers such as free phone upgrades. Hints the four stars. Subtract that and I have no problems with Metro PCS. As a cell phone service provider, Metro PCS has been excellent.

kristinas74
3/10/18

Hello .I'm a new customer at Metro PCS ,i was looking for a good quality camera but didn't want an iphone .The phone that i bought first time didn't meet my needs so when i returned it 2 days later , sales man named Hector or Erie blv ,Syracuse was very polite and spent his time explaining to me about other phones and i finally got the one i'm satisfied with which fit my budget and needs .I appreciate good communication between a customer and a sales person .Thanks Hector .From K.S

cynthiah7
3/7/18

I recieved a notification from Metro pcs to do a update. So I clicked updated after a while my screen was black. It's getting dark outside and it's raining. I got dressed an went to one of the local stores the only thing they wanted to do is sale me another phone. I explained that the phone was working fine until I did the update. I asked can you restore my phone to 4 pm, before I click the update. The clerk suggested that I go to the Corporate office, so I did. More trying to sale me a phone. I had the clerk to activate my old phone, so she did. Clerk said that my phone was too old and it did not activate. I told her, well I guess I want have a phone. I was not about to make a emotional purchase. So I'm driving down the street and I decided to try my old phone that clerk said would not work. I turned the phone on & made a call and it works. This 3g phone is driving me crazy, very slow loading. Luckily a friend gave me a phone, because Cricket was looking very good to me. Free phone, $40 a month, $5 discount a month for auto pay & if you are switching providers another $10 credit.

48 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the MetroPCS staff and other customers.

3 Photos for MetroPCS