MattressNextDay.co.uk reviews

Unit 11C Claremont Way Lakesview International Business Park Hersden, Canterbury
Kent, KEN CT3 4BF, UK
Tel: 0333 0069 769
sales@mattressnextday.co.uk

philippem22
7/3/19

I ended up having to pay £30 for an assessor, the official report deeming the "firm" mattress I ordered both faulty and "medium" at best.

I arranged a swap with a somewhat disappointing gesture of goodwill of £5 credit for a firm mattress of a different brand.

There was much confusion as the delivery address was different to the invoice address so I had to call the courier company myself to cancel delivery to the wrong place. I phoned Customer services (they did not respond to my e-mails) and the rep. apologised and arranged for delivery to the correct address.

When the replacement mattress arrived it was labelled "medium". I rejected it on the spot but the delivery team asked me to speak to Customer Services first.

Customer Services told me that the "medium" label on the replacement mattress referred to the springs and that the filling was "firm". I was then told that if I rejected the mattress there would be an admin fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor but the request was refused. I still rejected the mattress as I felt I was being treated as a fool.

I now have no bed and am still owed for the mattress. I'm owed £30 for the independent assessor fee. I have lost a days earnings from my work. I haven't had any comfort in terms of sleeping for months. I can't order a replacement mattress until I get the refund (I haven't much cash flow). I can at confirm that MattressNextDay count my time and wasted effort as worthless.

Other mattress companies are available and I would suggest you try them first. This place is only a bargain if you enjoy a punt and have the time and money to lose. Good luck and I hope you sleep well one day if you decide to purchase from here.

Now they seem unable to provide me with an Order ID so I can't leave feedback on Trustpilot.

karenk475
5/17/19

Due to be delivered Monday , cancelled, Tuesday turned up but mattress not in can, rearranged weds, cancelled, Thursday , cancelled, now saying damaged, replacement sent , defo get Friday , Friday text to say damaged !!!! Omg ! Scared if cancel won't get my £1100 back . Stressful to say the very least

garyg295
4/22/19

Ordered a mattress for £778 then looked at reviews then panicked but no need got email confirmation and tracking number communication 5 star driver kept us up to date with times took old one away he couldn't be more helpful I would definitely purchase and recommend them meny thanks gary

johnc2062
3/27/19

On ordering from this company's online advert for a single bed divan set, the deal seemed for all the world to come complete with a headboard. As the original advert has been taken down I can't go back and check. My bed arrived minus the headboard which I was convinced by their description WAS part of the deal. I refused delivery and on phoning was told I would get a refund MINUS £30 for some reason. DO NOT entertain this lot as they are rip-off merchants in the true sense of the word. I wonder how long it'll take to get my refund.

bobh422
2/9/19

There's nothing I can add here that hasn't already been said by this clown outfit. I'm angry at myself for not reading more reviews and doing my research. We've all been had, in future just spend an extra hundred quid on a reputable well reviewed company. Remember: bargains are usually bargains for a good reason and NEVER trust TrustPilot, that was my other mistake..according to them this company is coming in at 9.3 out of 10.

tomj384
1/3/19

I ordered a mattress 4 weeks ago for next day delivery. The delivery was cancelled twice after which I cancelled the order. They have refused to return payment for over 4 weeks and I keep following up and getting same response that they don't have the mattress from the courier yet and cant issue a refund. Quite puzzling! In existent customer service, they dropped the phone on me. Terrible company, don't make the same mistake pls!

brents85
12/24/18

Bought a mattress which had removal of old mattress in the order. The delivery people did not take it and were pretty rude over the phone. The customer service people were not helpful in sorting this problem and only words of advise were that "it is Christmas and people just want to get home to their families..." Just a poor service all round

Tip for consumers: Don't use it, ever!

jonathanh197
9/8/18

There was a small mixup about which garage the items had been delivered to. After I emailed support, I had a quick response, both by email and phone, and it was all sorted out.
Delivery was next day, as promised. Items are excellent quality and were at a great price!
I see they've had lots of negative reviews but my experience was great.

joans107
8/9/17

They took payment for an item they could not supply and now refuse to refund. Each time I make contact, they do nothing. Dreadful company.

markc284
5/2/17

Whatever you do, not do order from this company. My bed has now failed to be delivered on 4 separate occasions.

On the agreed day the mattress arrived but no bed. On the following day 3 out of the 4 boxes arrived but the last one was missing. On the next day the courier cancelled the delivery and the same on the 4th agreed day.

I have absolutely no faith that my bed will ever arrive and no compensation for having taken 4 days off work has been offered.

The mattress isn't even good.

martins145
3/28/17

kev gave me a first class deal and price matched plus some free pillows even stayed late to help make it happen

srim1
12/9/16

I bought 2 mattress double and king size - 5 years Guarantee last year from MatterssTomorrow.
1. Mistake 1 - Guarantee information: After mattress delivered to my home, nothing mentioned about guarantee. Then I confirmed with customer services that my mattress will cover 5 years guarantee and made a note so other persons can see.
2. Mistake 2 - Product quality: Problem started with double size mattress during 11 month - sagging issues causing neck/back pain. I thought this would be gone by rotating but never. Then based on conversation with customer service I am told to send pictures so that they can refund money back and cannot made replacement or credit.
3. Mistake 3 - Changing words: Then I decided to buy mattress from different company. Also sent current sagging pictures to team. They accepted claim but they cannot refund money back. Because I am told someone gave me a wrong information that they can see in their system. You will only get credit 114.99. I said I will call soon to confirm.
4. Mistake 4 - Changing words again: When I spoke to customer service I am told they cannot find my information in system they need sometime and will call me back. I never received call then I rang them again after sometime the person said they cannot find my details and call disconnected suddenly. I rang them 3rd time then first lady pick-up the call. She said we cannot refund you money back and I asked to her to escalate to manager. Then she rang me again saying because someone gave me wrong information manager agreed to refund full money back 114.99. But they cannot give money back. I said will confirm this tomorrow because I already bought mattress from different company.
5. Mistake 5 - Changing words again and again: When I spoke to customer service this morning another lady picks-up the call and mentioned I did a mistake I will refund you half instead of 114.99. Whatever conversation I had yesterday is no use. And I did explained I have issue with other mattress as well now I am told I need pay 30 GBP for check and I cannot send pictures.

Guys please don't buy any products with this retailer. Honestly I am suffering lot with faulty products and misleading information. Mattresstomorrow/Mattressnextday are same but your receipt will be in the name of Mattressnextday. I am going to legal services now to resolve issues.

jesseyb9
11/17/16

Absolute joke, waited x2 months for a delivery chasing every week with promises of it being delivered the next week. Have now asked for my money back.

The only thing they did quickly.

davidl257
2/9/16

DO NOT ORDER, you will have delay after delay
wrong bed sent, no mattress etc
so many diff companies responsible
1 is bound t make a mistake
Mattress Next Year ..
NIGHTMARE - Worst EVER

kennym27
12/29/15

I have recently received one of their beds and to say i was disappointed is an understatement. When the bed arrived at my address two of the drawers were broken, chunks of glue falling of them and the workmanship was below standard. I have always bought silentnight products but this has been a massive let down and doesn't fill me with confidence to buy or recommend any of your products.the service to resolve the issue was laughable to say the least. Never again will I do business with this company or silent night.

peterr65
10/12/15

The delivery was very good, next day as promised. They delivered the wrong mattress, a CHEAPER ONE (I was not aware of this until a later investigation). Then the problems began. It was uncomfortable to say the least after a very short time, support on the edge of the mattress encouraged rolling out of bed. Several times I injured myself on a bedside cabinet when falling out of bed. I was aware of the discomfort but hoped in vain that it was a settling in situation. Having injured myself several times I contacted Mattressnextday and complained. They at first informed me the item was under guarantee (two years) but, strangely this changed later, to 1 year.They asked me to send photographs of the mattress to support my claim. Having sent 4 photo's they asked for more, which I duly sent. At this stage I inspected the labelling on the mattress and determined it was not the one I had ordered. By now 13 months had passed and I was informed that a charge was due if they were expected to investigate/examine the issues. further there would be another charge for returning the mattress. If it was to be exchanged, only a small portion of the purchase price would be set against another mattress. It was clear that this disreputable company were now employing delaying ploys which to me was obvious and unacceptable. On advice, I wrote a recorded delivery letter outlining my consumer rights, (also sent by email) which included I should not be responsible for any charges relating to their breach of contract The companies response was they had done nothing wrong and claimed they notified me of the change before delivery, this they could not substantiate and I totally refute their newly introduced argument. I pointed out the Item was delivered the following day and ordered late the day before, offering no opportunity to advise me they had changed my order. Their offices closed at five o'clock. to obtain 'Next Day Delivery' the order was placed very close to this time. As I stated, there was no communication from Mattressnextday at all apart from confirmation of the delivery. This started serious concerns with regard to the honesty of this company so I contacted a solicitor with a view of taking my complaint to the small claims court. That situation is on-going. The content of my emails to Mattressnextday and their responses are being reviewed by my solicitor. BUT HIS ADVICE WILL BE PURSUED.

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs. Any other supplier must certainly offer a better service.

jeno8
10/7/15

I read all the reviews on all websites. But was fed up of not having a bed and having to wait weeks for delivery from the reliable brands. I wish I had listened to these reviews, when it arrived they only give you half the instruction on how to put it together. Once putting it together it lasted 5 days. It collapsed whilst I was asleep (I only weigh 8 1/2 stone) the metal frame in the middle was so weak I could bend it with my hand. The wood snapped and punctured the mattress (luckily not me ). Avoid at all costs, it may be cheap and the next day delivery is appealing , but it is not worth risking your safety.

ab2926
10/5/15

1, I ordered Wednesday today Monday-draw your own conclusion.
2, Called several times on Friday and sat in Queue system for 20/30 mins then phone answered and immediately hung up.
3. 5th time (Friday) call eventually got answered told him of issues -no apology about wait time.
4. A bright point-he offered to call courier and call me back (I didn't believe him) but he did call me back 5 mins later :) & told me delivery will be today (Friday) between 17:00 -18:00.
5 LIAR-- you guessed it no delivery.
6. ALL FURTHER CONTACT since has been IGNORED.
7, Had to contact my bank to start return of payment.
THE COMPANY SEEMS TO BE TOTALY INCOMPATANT WITH NO RESPECT OR DECETCY FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS...
THERE ARE MANY OTHER REVIEW SITES ABOUT THE SAME COMPANY. (Wish I had found out sooner) you decide.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY GO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT NOT TO THEM!!!!

andys84
9/17/15

Avoid at all costs.

My mattress has developed a fault and I have tried on numerous occasions to contact customer services but they will not reply to emails or answer the phone?

I waited on the phone for over half an hour on one occasion and they just cut me off?

Absolutely rubbish.

colettea2
9/16/15

Delivery of the ordered mattress was 9am-5pm! In this day and age an am/pm appt isn't too much to ask. Most other companies can manage to text you an hour before they arrive so you're not sitting in waiting all day! Why can't this company? Btw waited in all day and it arrived at 4.30!!!
The only positive was when the mattress eventually arrived it was rolled up and easy to take upstairs. However, let's get onto the mattress! I ordered an i-pedic memory cool mattress £170, if you like sleeping on a concrete slab then this is the mattress for you. I went back on their web site to see if they had a mattress topper I could purchase to see if this would help. I was really ticked off to find the concrete slab mattress I'd just bought two days previous was now £119.99!!
As a long shot, I emailed the company twice to see if, as a gesture of good will, they would refund the £50 difference as I'd literally just bought it and they must have known when I placed the order that there was an imminent price reduction on this item.
That was 3wks ago and not even a 'You'll be lucky' email back! Customer service is poor and I certainly wouldn't use them again! Went to good old Argos and got a mattress topper from them instead! Should have got the mattress from them as well!

Tip for consumers: Always read the reviews before you buy!

benl51
9/14/15

After having placed my order, I wanted to amend it on the phone but no one from the customer service replied to me, I than sent a message but no reply as well, so I decided to cancel it, also no reply, this is one of the most rubbish customer services ever received in my online shopping history so far.

chitenp
7/29/15

Ordered 2 Mattresses - 1 arrived OK which was missing free pillows - when i called they said they will send it out -
The other one was damaged on the Top - Plastic ripped off and black marks and slit so called them they said they will get it collected and send a new one - New one arrived which was even more damaged than the first one!
When i called they said they will send me one more to replace i said can you make sure it doest happen again - it was all blamed on the delivery company!

i said well can you have a word with them as its your job to get it to customer in tiptop condition - but again they were not happy to take responsibility for the the delivery company and kept blaming them.

michaelb236
7/20/15

I ordered a mattress online only to receive an email the following day to say it was not in stock. I tried repeatedly to call their number with my alternative suggestion but their phone line rings for 30 minutes then goes dead. A frustrating waste of time and very disappointing indeed. Until they improve their call response time and stop selling items that are out of stock, I would avoid!

janeth40
7/17/15

can't run a business shut the door and no lie to your customers , horrible company to deal with, horrible customers services, no one shall be professional on this company

sh7912
7/11/15

Ordered mattress paid for am delivery. Just like other customers was then told mattress was out of stock and it would take another 24 hours to deliver.24 hours later another phonecall to tell me the mattresses had arrived damaged and they could only deliver the following week. By this time my money had cleared and there attitude towards me had as a customer had changed . I cancelled the order but they still delivered to an empty flat and left the mattress outside.When I rang to ask for my money back they said the mattress had been delivered the previous day. I informed them I had just visited the property and there was no sign of a mattress their reply was a neighbour must have taken it in go and knock on a few doors your sure to find it. The worst customer service I have ever had. Avoid this company at all costs.

Avoid avoid avoid is my advice. It's cheap for a reason

By Bob H.

I asked the same thing. They shrugged their shoulders and told me it would be 8 days instead. Surely this is illegal?

By Bob H.

Questions? Get answers from the MattressNextDay.co.uk staff and other customers.

MattressNextDay.co.uk?