Mattress Next Day

Mattress Next Day has a consumer rating of 3.97 stars from 277 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Mattress Next Day most frequently mention great service, good quality and quick delivery. Mattress Next Day ranks 13th among Mattress sites.

• Very easy to order, Great next day delivery would definitely recommend and use again so far love our new mattress

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Mattress Next Day?

“Great Service”

Jacqueline C.
6/10/20

I ordered the mattress afternoon, I was kept informed of progress - I wasn't able to be at home on delivery - had a call from the gentleman delivering - asked him to put it in safe place - which he did - he was extremely helpful - mattress really comfortable - 5 year guarantee - altogether if only everything worked out so well! Thanks all - Jacqui. ( Can't add the photo - someone in bed!)

“Avoid! I've had to initiate small claims court.”

Ange A.
7/22/20

Within 5 minutes of the mattress arriving I phoned to request collection and refund. Mattress does not resemble, description of "Orthopaedic support", and the quality is dreadful. The springs can be felt through the alleged "memory foam". I have to pay £100 to return them, then they will take advice from their manufacturer who may refuse the refund. Customer services just email clauses from their T&Cs so I have today initiated small claims court to receive a refund and get the dreadful mattress removed, it is not fit for purpose.

day delivery (18)
angea12
July 22nd, 2020

risam
November 4th, 2020

I ordered a grey Soulsleeper mattress specifically because it was grey. When my mattress arrived it was entirely white. I contacted mattress next day and was entirely fobbed off 'T&M's' apparently mean they do not have to send the colour you ordered. Very disappointed after contacting customer service. Was told I could send it back - at my own expense - once out of the box and it has puffed up - obviously this is a non starter. Fuming and unable to get any meaningful response from mattress next day.

laurenb458
July 22nd, 2020

Ordered a mattress and paid for next day. This was then changed without informing me themselves. They removed the next day charge to apologise which should have just been a given but didn't offer anything else as a proper apology (ie free to take to the room of choice etc).

Good price but poor experience

albertb220
July 18th, 2020

Received the mattress that was graded as 1 which is soft.
It was in fact extremely hard, when I queried this with Materessnextday they said the grading is determined by the manufacturers who is Hyder Beds. Apparently there is no official grading system and it is apparently down to opinion? I Don't think this is good enough. I returned it to Materessnextday and was refunded, but I had to hire a courier service and now I'm £61.00 down for the whole experience.

mikeb1661
September 7th, 2020

We placed an order with this company and a year later will be taking legal action against them. My wife rolled over in the night and I sharp piece of metal ripped through the mattress cutting her arm. We spoke to the company to seek a reselution who told us we could face a lengthy wait for a new mattress, choose a cheaper version or pay more money for a different one. We will instead be taking legal action against the company.

ld238
January 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

I bought multiple items off this site at the beginning of January as I've just moved into a new house. The website had very few mattresses available for early delivery so I chose one of the quick delivery ones. They told me they'd be with me on the 14th.

The 13th rolls by, and no news about delivery. I messaged customer service and received an email where they got my order wrong (despite having an order number) and told me it would be another week. Not great for my joints, but another week was fine!

The week after, same story. I rang customer service and apparently I'd be contacted about delivery in (yet another!) week. I was starting to get frustrated considering the only reason I bought these specific items was because they had quick delivery.

It is now the end of the month and I haven't even received a delivery confirmation yet, I'm seriously considering asking for a refund and ordering from another site instead of having to brave their customer service line again.
Will say I'm shocked at the amount of 5* reviews as this doesn't represent my experience at all.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t.

Products used:
None have arrived

eg93
April 15th, 2021

Incredibly poor quality product and customer service. DO NOT RECOMMEND

We purchased a Sleepeezee bed for nearly £3,000 expecting superior quality, as advertised and reflected in the price.

Within 30 days the mattress springs could be felt which we reported immediately. We were eventually provided a replacement for the same fault to occur! An inspection was carried out that ‘concluded' no fault albeit references ‘the small coils on the pillow top can be felt if you rub your hand across the top'!

No replacement or refund was provided, which contradicts the Consumer Rights Act.

tristanr25
June 23rd, 2020

Mattressnextday said my mattress would come on the 17th, two days after in ordered it. As the website is called mattressnextday I assumed the delivery day would be correct. As for this I removed my old mattress and therefore had to sleep on the floor! I tried calling for an update and no one answered! Disappointed.

gabrielab46
July 15th, 2020

I needed to urgently change my mattress, I found Mattress next day, I chose one according to my budget and bought it. Then I discovered that it would not arrive the next day, so I contacted them and they explained to me that I had to check that the mattress I chose had stock (a green tick appears below the image) and they allowed me to change it, there was a small difference in money that was refunded immediately.

I think the mattress is good value for money, it came wrapped and it was very easy to take it apart. I sleep much better on my new mattress.

stes7
August 11th, 2020

I ordered a mattress four months ago, it is so uncomfortable, it's got a hard lump through the middle and it has no support on either side. I've reported it several times and had poor replies from a Customer Service team who have can't be bothered attitude. They eventually sent an inspector who spent three minutes draping a piece of cotton over the bed before he stated there was no fault. He didn't sit or even lie on the bed. This crappy company have told me that it might still be settling batter four months. They've said we should both lie on the hard lump. We have bought an Emma mattress which is unbelievably comfy. Don't use this company at all.

tamasr1
July 29th, 2020

Great service on their website and their call centre. We bought three mattresses on the site with delivery promised in a couple of days. After a few hours, we received a call that one of the mattresses would only be delivered ten days later. Nice chat, not welcome news, but not a major problem, but it would have cost a star... downgrading them to three stairs was caused by the delivery guys. They were impolite and on departure from our garage one of them spit on our drive. Covid or not covid, it's disgusting and unacceptable.

nickir11
July 17th, 2020

Had to chase for a delivery date which was a week from order... not next day.
Mattress, although comfortable, has not completely filled up around the edges and is therefore quite soft... which isn't what I needed.

rickyt57
July 13th, 2020

Buyer Beware as as you do.It wasn't a mattress delivered next day at all. Date expected it failed to turn up & it was actually several days later that the item arrived due to human error when advised firstly that it wasn't loaded onto the van then I was told but no it was sent to the wrong depot & had to be located therefore I just had to sit tight until it turned up. Cheap 'n' nasty. You get what you pay for folks.if it sounds too good to be true it usually always is.

bech9
June 16th, 2020

Bought a mattress for a tenant in a rental property and he said it was so soft we could feel the bed slats through the mattress when he sat down on it. I rang to ask to return the mattress and while they agreed to accept the mattress back, I have to pay for a courier to return an item that isnt fit for purpose. Hardly fair. The lady on customer services simply said ' no offence but-its an entry level mattress, what did you expect?'. Very helpful. I expect it to be better than an IKEA mattress i'd usually buy for £85! Won't be shopping here again.

losss1
August 3rd, 2020

The checkout was very easy and I was kept up to date with delivery times which was very good. The delivery guys brought the mattress up two flights of stairs and were very helpful and friendly. Reason for only 3 stars is the actual mattress - although described as medium to firm it's definitely not - much more like soft to medium. It dips just sitting on the edge. Although not completely uncomfortable, it's not what expected. Unable to return as opened and only slept on for one night. A more accurate description is needed for this mattress.

samanthan118
July 29th, 2020

Ordered this mattress a week in advance, mattress never arrived after waiting in all day. I called and it was sent to the wrong warehouse. Rearranged delivery for the following week as it was the earliest I could wait in all day again, after booking the day off, yet again no mattress. Was never loaded onto the van. The only other option was to arrange again for the next day. Considering I had moved to a new property I had nothing to sleep on and ended up sleeping on the floor. Absolutly unacceptable. Poor delivery service.

uchennae2
April 21st, 2020

I'm extremely disappointed with the mattress. It didn't meet my expectation. I wouldn't recommend this mattress to anyone.

natashaw93
July 4th, 2020

Bought this mattress as the one ordered from amazon was a no show and my teen needed it ASAP, decent mattress for my son, no complaints from him so happy days.

Was also so happy with the swift delivery that I ordered another one from them.

Highly recommend!

tonyh427
January 25th, 2020
Verified purchase

I wasn't here when the bed came but having paid extra for the old mattress to be taken away AND for the new mattress to be carried up to the bedroom, I was told by my son that one of the delivery guys was moaning that we had not brought the old mattress down to the door. How lazy is that. I understand the young guy accompanying him was completely embarrassed by it.

spencerm74
July 21st, 2020

10 days later still no mattress supposed to come on 14th July didn't turn up had to email delivery company 3 times no response finally got through on phone & apparently being delivered tomorrow

duncanm83
June 24th, 2020

The mattress was not delivered on the promised day despite a confirmatory email. As a result I had a 200 mile round trip two days running to accept the mattress because the would not deliver it to the flat - only to the downstairs lobby. Left to carry a double mattress upstairs by myself. Not very impressive.

johne1043
July 17th, 2020

Delivery was on the correct date and within the advised time window although the advanced warning messages were a bit vague. When I first phoned to arrange the delivery I was kept waiting a long time for an agent to answer which was inconvenient. The mattress arrived in good condition and the old one was taken away. A shame the disposal cost was such a rip-off. Mattress seems okay but I can't really tell yet. However I am irritated that this company keeps pestering me to write a review, which along with the time it took them to answer the phone and the high disposal charge does discourage me from using them again.

johnc5085
July 30th, 2020

Ordered the mattress Tuesday and got it 1 week later on the following Tuesday. Delivery guys fine and mattress was double bagged. However there was lots of the mattress frayed. Couldn't be bothered complaining as will have mattress protector and sheets on anyway. Other than that the mattress is ok up to now.

jacquelinec232
June 10th, 2020

ireneh118
May 26th, 2020

Matress arrived promptly and was delivered to my front door thanks it seems ok needed quite a bit of airing to get rid of the new smell, not the best support in a matttress for the price if one has health issues like bad back not the one to choose, I have purchased a topper to hopefully help

They lied to me, where rude via email, sent me a mattress which had another person's address on it which leads me to believe I was sold a second hand mattress, then on top of all that I had to pay £93 to return it because they don't offer returns, had to hire a courier to collect it, they are the worst online business I have ever done business with I advise people to stay away!

By jay b.