MattressNextDay.co.uk

MattressNextDay.co.uk

MattressNextDay.co.uk has a consumer rating of 3.99 stars from 276 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with MattressNextDay.co.uk most frequently mention great service, good quality and quick delivery. MattressNextDay.co.uk ranks 13th among Mattress sites.

• Very easy to order, Great next day delivery would definitely recommend and use again so far love our new mattress

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate MattressNextDay.co.uk?

“Great Service”

Jacqueline C.
6/10/20

I ordered the mattress afternoon, I was kept informed of progress - I wasn't able to be at home on delivery - had a call from the gentleman delivering - asked him to put it in safe place - which he did - he was extremely helpful - mattress really comfortable - 5 year guarantee - altogether if only everything worked out so well! Thanks all - Jacqui. ( Can't add the photo - someone in bed!)

“Avoid! I've had to initiate small claims court.”

Ange A.
7/22/20

Within 5 minutes of the mattress arriving I phoned to request collection and refund. Mattress does not resemble, description of "Orthopaedic support", and the quality is dreadful. The springs can be felt through the alleged "memory foam". I have to pay £100 to return them, then they will take advice from their manufacturer who may refuse the refund. Customer services just email clauses from their T&Cs so I have today initiated small claims court to receive a refund and get the dreadful mattress removed, it is not fit for purpose.

day delivery (18)
angea12
July 22nd, 2020

risam
November 4th, 2020

I ordered a grey Soulsleeper mattress specifically because it was grey. When my mattress arrived it was entirely white. I contacted mattress next day and was entirely fobbed off 'T&M's' apparently mean they do not have to send the colour you ordered. Very disappointed after contacting customer service. Was told I could send it back - at my own expense - once out of the box and it has puffed up - obviously this is a non starter. Fuming and unable to get any meaningful response from mattress next day.

mikeb1661
September 7th, 2020

We placed an order with this company and a year later will be taking legal action against them. My wife rolled over in the night and I sharp piece of metal ripped through the mattress cutting her arm. We spoke to the company to seek a reselution who told us we could face a lengthy wait for a new mattress, choose a cheaper version or pay more money for a different one. We will instead be taking legal action against the company.

ld238
January 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

I bought multiple items off this site at the beginning of January as I've just moved into a new house. The website had very few mattresses available for early delivery so I chose one of the quick delivery ones. They told me they'd be with me on the 14th.

The 13th rolls by, and no news about delivery. I messaged customer service and received an email where they got my order wrong (despite having an order number) and told me it would be another week. Not great for my joints, but another week was fine!

The week after, same story. I rang customer service and apparently I'd be contacted about delivery in (yet another!) week. I was starting to get frustrated considering the only reason I bought these specific items was because they had quick delivery.

It is now the end of the month and I haven't even received a delivery confirmation yet, I'm seriously considering asking for a refund and ordering from another site instead of having to brave their customer service line again.
Will say I'm shocked at the amount of 5* reviews as this doesn't represent my experience at all.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t.

Products used:
None have arrived

laurenb458
July 22nd, 2020

Ordered a mattress and paid for next day. This was then changed without informing me themselves. They removed the next day charge to apologise which should have just been a given but didn't offer anything else as a proper apology (ie free to take to the room of choice etc).

Good price but poor experience

eg93
April 15th, 2021

Incredibly poor quality product and customer service. DO NOT RECOMMEND

We purchased a Sleepeezee bed for nearly £3,000 expecting superior quality, as advertised and reflected in the price.

Within 30 days the mattress springs could be felt which we reported immediately. We were eventually provided a replacement for the same fault to occur! An inspection was carried out that ‘concluded' no fault albeit references ‘the small coils on the pillow top can be felt if you rub your hand across the top'!

No replacement or refund was provided, which contradicts the Consumer Rights Act.

stes7
August 11th, 2020

I ordered a mattress four months ago, it is so uncomfortable, it's got a hard lump through the middle and it has no support on either side. I've reported it several times and had poor replies from a Customer Service team who have can't be bothered attitude. They eventually sent an inspector who spent three minutes draping a piece of cotton over the bed before he stated there was no fault. He didn't sit or even lie on the bed. This crappy company have told me that it might still be settling batter four months. They've said we should both lie on the hard lump. We have bought an Emma mattress which is unbelievably comfy. Don't use this company at all.

jacquelinec232
June 10th, 2020

rickyt57
July 13th, 2020

Buyer Beware as as you do.It wasn't a mattress delivered next day at all. Date expected it failed to turn up & it was actually several days later that the item arrived due to human error when advised firstly that it wasn't loaded onto the van then I was told but no it was sent to the wrong depot & had to be located therefore I just had to sit tight until it turned up. Cheap 'n' nasty. You get what you pay for folks.if it sounds too good to be true it usually always is.

samanthan118
July 29th, 2020

Ordered this mattress a week in advance, mattress never arrived after waiting in all day. I called and it was sent to the wrong warehouse. Rearranged delivery for the following week as it was the earliest I could wait in all day again, after booking the day off, yet again no mattress. Was never loaded onto the van. The only other option was to arrange again for the next day. Considering I had moved to a new property I had nothing to sleep on and ended up sleeping on the floor. Absolutly unacceptable. Poor delivery service.

tamasr1
July 29th, 2020

Great service on their website and their call centre. We bought three mattresses on the site with delivery promised in a couple of days. After a few hours, we received a call that one of the mattresses would only be delivered ten days later. Nice chat, not welcome news, but not a major problem, but it would have cost a star... downgrading them to three stairs was caused by the delivery guys. They were impolite and on departure from our garage one of them spit on our drive. Covid or not covid, it's disgusting and unacceptable.

uchennae2
April 21st, 2020

I'm extremely disappointed with the mattress. It didn't meet my expectation. I wouldn't recommend this mattress to anyone.

albertb220
July 18th, 2020

Received the mattress that was graded as 1 which is soft.
It was in fact extremely hard, when I queried this with Materessnextday they said the grading is determined by the manufacturers who is Hyder Beds. Apparently there is no official grading system and it is apparently down to opinion? I Don't think this is good enough. I returned it to Materessnextday and was refunded, but I had to hire a courier service and now I'm £61.00 down for the whole experience.

spencerm74
July 21st, 2020

10 days later still no mattress supposed to come on 14th July didn't turn up had to email delivery company 3 times no response finally got through on phone & apparently being delivered tomorrow

eileeng75
May 11th, 2020

Was looking for a quality mattress at a reasonable price. I saw this and ordered the King size.
It was delivered within 2 days and our old one removed.
It was evening when we unpacked it, so we only waited 3 hours before sleeping on it.
It's firm but soft. By that I mean, it's supportive but cosy. We had the best sleep we'd had for ages. So pleased we purchased this.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy this brand again or use this retailer again.

tristanr25
June 23rd, 2020

Mattressnextday said my mattress would come on the 17th, two days after in ordered it. As the website is called mattressnextday I assumed the delivery day would be correct. As for this I removed my old mattress and therefore had to sleep on the floor! I tried calling for an update and no one answered! Disappointed.

bech9
June 16th, 2020

Bought a mattress for a tenant in a rental property and he said it was so soft we could feel the bed slats through the mattress when he sat down on it. I rang to ask to return the mattress and while they agreed to accept the mattress back, I have to pay for a courier to return an item that isnt fit for purpose. Hardly fair. The lady on customer services simply said ' no offence but-its an entry level mattress, what did you expect?'. Very helpful. I expect it to be better than an IKEA mattress i'd usually buy for £85! Won't be shopping here again.

gabrielab46
July 15th, 2020

I needed to urgently change my mattress, I found Mattress next day, I chose one according to my budget and bought it. Then I discovered that it would not arrive the next day, so I contacted them and they explained to me that I had to check that the mattress I chose had stock (a green tick appears below the image) and they allowed me to change it, there was a small difference in money that was refunded immediately.

I think the mattress is good value for money, it came wrapped and it was very easy to take it apart. I sleep much better on my new mattress.

tessb22
August 7th, 2020

Order daughters small double mattress, confirmation of next day delivery by email. Morning of delivery received confirmation text for delivery time, then 30 mins to delivery they called and confirmed exact arrival time. The two delivery drivers where polite, informative and very helpful.

They in wrapped mattress from its double layer of wrapping and offered to carry into room required.

Can not fault the service or products, superb will be using them again for our next mattress.

ag193
July 27th, 2020

I ordered a mattress & divan base for my father coming home from hospital, and I chose this provider because it appeared they could deliver in the short timescales I needed.

I ordered over the weekend so the next available date I was presented with was a Tuesday for delivery to my dad's postcode - great!

Alas following the order there have been a catalogue of errors which have caused a lot of inconvenience and stress to me and my
Family - not what you need when a loved one is ill. We had to put my Dads Hospital Release back several days due to lack of
Delivery. After assurances the mattress would arrive Thursday, it didn't. Dad got home still very delicate and had nowhere to sleep. Nightmare.

Six working days later and the mattress has
Still not arrived, despite several assurances
That it would be there on day X or (when that
Didn't happen) day Y. Then they find out they've misinformed you but make no attempt To contact You so you can prepare/mitigate using the new information - they wait for you to call them when The next deadline passes and still no mattress. These guys tell you anything to get you off the phone, won't put you through to a manager to escalate and don't Problem solve to try to fix the problems they create.

Order a mattress from them at your own risk! I have no idea when mine will arrive.

nickir11
July 17th, 2020

Had to chase for a delivery date which was a week from order... not next day.
Mattress, although comfortable, has not completely filled up around the edges and is therefore quite soft... which isn't what I needed.

jayb700
October 2nd, 2020

**READ BEFORE YOU BUY!**
THEY MAKE YOU PAY FOR RETURN, IT COST ME £93! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO RETURN YOUR MATTRESS, STAY AWAY!

I ordered a mattress because it read "soft" but it was firm, then on the packaging I found someone elses address with a label covering it, which means someone had this mattress and sent it back, I was under the impression I was buying a brand new mattress, sadly not the case. I paid £309 for this mattress and tried to return it, it cost me £93 to return it as they don't offer returns you have to FUND IT YOURSELF! I'm £93 out of pocket!

They claimed the other person's label must have fell onto the packaging during delivery, but it's like that magic trick you know where they throw a card through a glass window and it ends up on the other side? Because this label was on the inner packaging, proving these people to be liars. I had to open a paypal case against these people but it made no difference, I was misled, lied to, had to put up with rude people and then had to lose £93,2 weeks of time wasted.

I'll never buy from these again and if you're smart you will stay away, if you have a problem with your mattress they WILL NOT pay for return you will have to and paypal won't help you either, find another business to buy a mattress from, save yourself money and hassle, terrible customer service, rude liars.

davidc3112
May 9th, 2020

Ordered on a Sunday delivered on the Tuesday. Kept fully informed of delivery progress right up to the last hour. Good quality mattress (heavy btw, so two people needed to handle it) delivered rolled up in a box which was great as it took up less space prior to laying it on the bedframe. Good medium firmness, have been using it for a few weeks now and it gets better and better.

All in all a good experience and I would use them again.

kathrynn90
July 12th, 2020

Not fit for purpose! Can return but at a huge cost to me! Avoid! The mattress was very poor quality, arrived rolled up (not good for a sprung mattress)

duncanm83
June 24th, 2020

The mattress was not delivered on the promised day despite a confirmatory email. As a result I had a 200 mile round trip two days running to accept the mattress because the would not deliver it to the flat - only to the downstairs lobby. Left to carry a double mattress upstairs by myself. Not very impressive.

They lied to me, where rude via email, sent me a mattress which had another person's address on it which leads me to believe I was sold a second hand mattress, then on top of all that I had to pay £93 to return it because they don't offer returns, had to hire a courier to collect it, they are the worst online business I have ever done business with I advise people to stay away!

By jay b.