Lensabl

2020 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Lensabl has a consumer rating of 4.14 stars from 2,730 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Lensabl most frequently mention customer service, new lenses and great job. Lensabl ranks 6th among Eyeglasses sites.

This company responds to reviews, but usually not within the first month

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 69.8%
1,611

• Not only do they have fast turnaround but their customer service is amazing.
  • I ordered a pair of Bose glasses that play music, however I wanted prescription lenses in them.
  • 2020 Customer Choice Winner

• A few days later I was advised that quality control had found a problem, and that the order would be re-done.
  • Sweetspot on the lenses, don't overlap well... when right lens is sharp, left is a little fuzzy and vice versa.
  • The bad news is that your communication with me as to my order status was woefully inadequate.
How would you rate Lensabl?

“Research worked in my favor”

MICHELE G.
3/16/21

I researched MANY websites and local doctors before placing my order. I am so glad I did and arrived at Lensabl. I sent in frames I bought online and they gave me awesome progressive transition lenses that are purple like my frames. They ran into a snag while making my lenses and chose to start over to make me an entirely new set and let me know promptly what happened and why my order was delayed for a short time. Highly recommend and I'm going to order another pair!

“Longest wait ever, unreliable updates”

Karl O.
5/5/21

The glasses, once finally delivered 2 months later, were just fine. What wasn't fine was the absurd updates that were never accurate in the least. Customer support, being so transparent, advised the glasses didn't pass quality inspection and had to be redone. They didn't mention the multiple redos that would follow. Not sure what happened here, but I'll never, ever support this business again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. Absolutely disgusted with the service.

Reviews (2,730)

customer service (138) prescription lenses (0) quality control (0) right lens (0) order status (0)
micheleg283
March 16th, 2021

wolfgangs28
October 8th, 2020
Verified purchase

Ordered near-vision and distant-vision lenses at the same time. First, long delay (2 weeks+) because PD was missing from the prescription and couldn't be ascertained from photo provided. I then received 2 pairs of glasses, but both were DV due to a mistake by Lenabl. Hard to tell for the customer where the mistake lies. But Lensabl figured it out and replaced the lenses with NV within a week. Had wished for a smoother process.

lashaundal
April 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered the Bose Sopranos as a surprise gift for my daughter. They were perfect, the prescription, the fit, and the transition lens in Amethyst. I had some issues along the way but the Ann, the online support assisted me with every question and issue that I had in the most timely fashion! I would order again from Lensabl! Thank you for making this surprise gift one of the best gifts I have purchased for my daughter she loves them!

La Latham

Bose Sopranos

karlo32
May 5th, 2021

Prescription glasses lenses

mervano
March 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

My first pair of Lensabl lenses was a total bust- I opted for non-progressives and received coke bottles that were completely blurry- I was pretty upset because there was no way to get a refund. A couple months later, I bit the bullet and sent them back and tried ordering progressives with the same prescription in the same frames and, to my great surprise, they are almost perfect- I'm wearing them now. I'm the end, I paid for two pairs in order to get one that worked.

justinb709
December 21st, 2020
Verified purchase

I'm finding my glasses very hard to adjust to. One thing that is really bothering me is how my frames came back damaged. You can tell the lens isn't set correctly in the frame, and the frame itself is warped from the lens not being placed properly. My frames used to have a nice snug tight fit around my face before I sent them to the lab, now they are loose and crooked on my face. What a waste of money and time

stevee395
December 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase

I recently found my grandfather's old wireframe glasses from the 1970s, and thought they might be suitable for work glasses for me (graphic artist). They just arrived and they're great! I got single vision lenses since I intend to only use them for close work. As well as needed functional glasses, I now have a memento of someone very dear to me from my childhood. And the realization of how much I resemble him when I put them on.

charmr3
January 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am happy way beyond my expectations. Not only was this so much less expensive than other options, the immediate clarity of my lenses... well, they were perfect, even better than my original prescription fulfillment. I especially loved the option for non-smudge, dust and fog resistant, blue ray protection! And they were fast and mad the process SO easy! I will never shop anywhere else for my lenses.

Tip for consumers:
Do it!

Products used:
Replaced my scratched lenses with a much higher quality lens for a lower price than originally paid with my optometrist. So happy!

melissas1081
September 9th, 2020
Verified purchase

My lenses are beautiful. Clear and sharp and I can see SO well. I have a very high prescription so my lenses will always stick out at least a little bit from the edges of the frames. That is the case with these ones but regardless, I do really like them. The processing time was fantastically quick. My frames came back to me in a beautiful case as well. Customer service was almost instantaneous in answering all of my questions. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

emilyr549
October 6th, 2020
Verified purchase

I purchased frames from a fancy retailer in NYC and loved them so so much, but after a couple of years the lenses started to get scratches. I found lensable as a perfect opportunity to keep my frames but get clean new lenses. Once I had them sent off it only took a few weeks to get them back and they are just PERFECT. I even think the lab tightened up the frames because they fit so much better now.

paulj787
August 18th, 2020

Pros - Ease of ordering - OK Pricing - Received shipping box within 24 hours of order - production time was faster than the time-frame given on their website - Received item within 24hrs of completion in a very nice box.

Cons - Wrong lens color and this is a big one. While lensable did provide the requested partial refund, I'm stuck with being reminded daily of having a pair of pink mirrored sunglasses which is really annoying. In hindsight I should have requested more of a refund as I really, really dislike pink.

craigl256
January 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

Submitting info on-line was well laid out
Price was more than fair- progressive sunglasses
Took what I think was a rather long time to get glasses back- almost 4 weeks(might have something to do with holidays/end of year/C-19)
Disappointed the glass case I sent was not returned-it's pretty much sized for my frames

Will likely use again, as I can purchase unique frames from other sources and have lenses put in

russs88
November 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

My wife bought a specific frame for me that she really liked and it needed prescription lenses. The initial plan was to go to a local shopping mall eyeglass merchant and order it there but because of COVID decided to see what there was available online since I already had my prescription. Ordered. Mailed (paid for priority). Do their thing. Returned in my hands in about 7 days. And I can see so I am going assume all is right. Mahalo!

kylet191
February 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

Order was placed in sept 2020, received glasses back Jan 12 2021.
Initial frames I sent in were broken during production (Things happen) I was given the opportunity to pick out new frames. Received new frames an lenses yesterday, lenses have a gap on the left eye between nose piece, not a huge deal, but quality control is lacking. Jayme however was professional and responsive.

katherinep480
December 21st, 2020
Verified purchase

From ordering to receiving glasses took a bit over three weeks, which was slower than advertised, but is not that bad considering COVID & winter holiday mail delays; actual time in their shop was very fast. Website was straight forward and I appreciated the range of options to customize my lenses. Packaging was very easy to use to send in the frames and I received them back well packaged as well. Very happy to have a new prescription for a favorite frame.

steveb1651
December 19th, 2020
Verified purchase

I started out planning to buy only replacement lenses but decided to get frames also. The whole experience was wonderful. Lensabl made the selection and sizing really easy. I had a few questions and things came up about my prescription and they were quickly responsive. Most importantly, I LOVE my new glasses AND their price. They were 83% less than if purchased locally. I can't imagine doing it any other way now!

daveu46
July 4th, 2019
Verified purchase

I was suspect but decided to give it a try. My one recommendation is go ahead and pack your old glasses and send to them... really speeds up the process. Took two weeks and a few emails to be sure they had received them... some sort of email response confirmation would have helped. But when they arrived I was 110% pleased. Nice job and with my designer frames I did not want to buy new ones, just new prescription. This business makes all the sense in the world. Now you try it.

mikev411
February 6th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was really surprised when I was received my order. Not only did it come in a premium cardboard box, they also included a really nice quality hard leather case and a cleaning kit. This case is better than any of my existing cases and i didn't even expect it!

The lens itself is very good quality and surprisingly clear for a polycarbonate lens. VERY satisfied with my experience.

allisong158
January 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

Perfect! Scanned in my glasses Rx and uploaded during the lens purchase. I went with a more expensive hi-index lens because it is lighter in weight than a poly lens. Fast turn around time and priority shipping upon lens completion. I Wore them right out of the Lensabl box, which came with a cleaning kit. Will definitely consider purchasing again in the future!

jeremyl277
June 27th, 2020

My prescription sunglasses came back with very visible lines around the lenses, both inside and out. When I asked customer service they said you would have to add polishing to your order to have those lines removed. But when you order, the polishing is only recommended for rimless glasses, which these are not. No where on the website is their any indication that this is what you should expect. Yet, their customer service rep said no one else has ever mentioned this? No buying it. Maybe my pair are out of tolerance and the lines are more visible than usual, I don't know. But I now have a product I'm reluctant to wear and a new benchmark for lousy customer service.

shaunr70
October 14th, 2020
Verified purchase

With a prescription in hand I wanted to replace the lenses in my favorite frames. Lensabl made that quick and easy with their web service. The price paid for good quality lenses with blue light filter was literally hundreds of dollars less than my eye doctor quoted. The whole process too just over a week from me completing the order and mailing in my frames to receiving them back with new lenses. Great experience, great price. I'm sold.

jamesb4185
January 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

The premium high-index lenses are crystal clear and are well made. However, I had to shape my glasses to correct peripheral distortion in from the nose bridge being a bit "flayed," thus creating a slightly obtuse angle between the lenses. Easy enough to reshape my frames with a hairdryer to heat the acetate and some carefully applied pressure. Look and feel great with minimal distortion now.

angelam1375
April 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've used Lensabl twice now and haven't regretted it at all. The glasses arrive in perfect condition and overall the process doesn't take too long. With my second order, I had received an email that there was an issue during the quality control check and I really appreciated that I was updated through the process. Lensabl obviously cares about their customers and the products they send out! Lensabl is definitely my go-to for lens replacement now.

janier27
February 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Glasses arrived beautifully packaged. Vision hasn't been this good since I started wearing glasses many years ago. I was able to upgrade to fog free, transitional and premium lenses, and paid less than I did for lenses at my eye Dr. Received new glasses two weeks from the date I mailed them to lensabl.
Will make future eyewear purchases from the comfort and convenience of my home. Highly recommend for quality, cost and convenience!

robertc4013
April 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

First of all, beware of their "discount offer". Classic bait and switch. They offer a percentage off then say it only applies on the lense. And customer service doesn't exactly try to assist in helping calming things. It's the opposite, they fan the flame. On top of that, the order was delayed due to defects in their first run of making the lense? Horrible experience overall. I believe this item is being returned.

I was not so lucky and have had a horrible experience withLensabl. After two months I'm still waiting for progressive lenses that cost over $600 and Neither my frames nor the lenses I ordered are back to me. Next time I will use a local eyewear store.

By Rosa G.
See more answers (15)

I purchased some really awesome vintage glasses with octagonal black plastic frames made in France, probably from the late 1960s or early 1970s. I was so excited to have them made into sunglasses. I took them to my local optical shop and was told, "I hope you didn't spend much on these because you wasted your money. No one will touch frames this old, because the plastic is so brittle it will just shatter." I was so disappointed. I tossed them in a drawer and forgot about them for a few months. Then I saw an ad for Lensabl online. I contacted them and asked if they could work with vintage frames, and the answer was "No problem!" I was nervous to send the frames in but figured I didn't have anything to lose. I just received the glasses back in the mail today (two weeks from when I mailed them in), and they are incredible! The frames were cleaned and straightened, and the new lenses are perfect. I love them so much. Thanks, Lensabl!

By Rita R.
See more answers (5)

I was blown away by the price for new lenses and just had to give it a try. Now that I have used Lensabl with such fabulous results, I feel like I have been ripped off for years by my optometrists. I will never pay optometrist prices for lenses ever again.

By rebecca m.
See more answers (5)

Once your frames arrive at our lab, assuming you've provided all required Rx information, lens production is 4-7 business days on average before shipping