Lensabl

Lensabl has a consumer rating of 4.35 stars from 433 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Lensabl also ranks 5th among Eyeglasses sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 7 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 79.7%

• I have asked my eye doctor to reuse my old frames and they have a list a mile long on why the need to sell me new ones.
  • Never got bored with my questions, great place to send your frames and get quality lenses.

• I emailed Lensabl (no phone number to call customer service) and the next day some rude person
  • Then they demanded I send them my current glasses.
How would you rate Lensabl?

“Best place to get lenses fitted to existing eyeglass frames!”

Andrea H.
3/21/20

I had been shopping around for a lens only company that didn't cost me a fortune and I found Lensabl. It was easy to upload my prescription and send my glasses to Lensabl. The shipping is free or you can choose priority shipping. Customer service is the bomb. They respond to your questions or concerns rapidly. They are legit and my glasses were made with the highest care and standards. Will be getting all my lenses changed using Lensabl!

“Lack full disclosure”

Jeremy L.
6/27/20

My prescription sunglasses came back with very visible lines around the lenses, both inside and out. When I asked customer service they said you would have to add polishing to your order to have those lines removed. But when you order, the polishing is only recommended for rimless glasses, which these are not. No where on the website is their any indication that this is what you should expect. Yet, their customer service rep said no one else has ever mentioned this? No buying it. Maybe my pair are out of tolerance and the lines are more visible than usual, I don't know. But I now have a product I'm reluctant to wear and a new benchmark for lousy customer service.

customer service (71) glasses (219) frames (185) lenses (221) 2 weeks (24) 3 weeks (12) eye doctor (11) phone number (8) replacement lenses (9) quality lenses (7) turnaround time (6) order (152)
andreah320
March 21st, 2020
Andy B. – Lensabl Rep
So glad you found us and we were able help Andrea! Thanks so much for the kind words :)
colbeyi
June 30th, 2019
Verified purchase
I paid a bit more for thinner lenses to match the style of my frames and added blue light protection. WORTH. My experience was quick, easy and very satisfactory. It took about 2.5 weeks- the quality is professional and the blue light protection actually works quite well. I can see clear as day through my favorite cheap frames. Only constructive criticism I can offer is to improve tracking capabilities to be more akin to Amazon since it does take reasonable time. Thank you Lensabl!!
victorias199
June 12th, 2020
I tried to replace 2 frames: one sunglasses and one regular. 5 weeks later (and not 5 business days as promised) after writing several emails I got my glasses back BOTH with sunglasses lenses. After a redo they sent me my frames with an awful glare that created a very strong reflection when you look at artificial lights, making it impossible to see anything. Then after ignoring me for several days, they tell me that they will only fix it if I pay extra. Apparently seeing three sets of artificial lights instead of one is a normal thing according to this company.
They also delete bad reviews on their website and social media and try to screw you whenever they can.
They must have tons of reversed charges because this company has an AWFUL standing with MasterCard.
Rudy is the most incompetent person in the customer service. He doesn't know his product and gives you a misleading information. When your glasses come out wrong because he gave you a wrong advice, he tells you it's YOUR fault and he isn't obliged to warn you about possible defects.
If you are screwed by this company at least try to resolve your issues with somebody else.

Lensabl attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

krystalb71
July 8th, 2019
Verified purchase
This is my first order with Lensabl and I'm pleased with it. The customer service team is amazing. They were patient with me as I missed having some information from my prescription. After getting all the information I need, it was only a few days before I got my glasses back with the new blue-light blocking lens. I can tell a difference between them and my current clear lens glasses when I'm on the computer. Thank you so much for making this an affordable option!
cliffw43
May 14th, 2020
I needed to have some new lenses put in my sunglasses a little darker than before. All went well! They look great, turnaround time was quick, no issues!

Mine was an unusual order, not prescription or anything, just something I wanted that I couldn't get anywhere else. Great communication from a few people there, I like the fact that they do not assume, I knew what I wanted and they did it.
jairusc
November 12th, 2019
Verified purchase
I had my Nike Chaser Sunglasses Frame get transparent prescription lenses instead. No one in any local optical clinic would do it for the deal that I got from Lensabl. I only paid $97 for the lens plus I bought the frame somewhere else. Other clinics would want you to buy the frames from them. I am extremely happy with my purchase. I saved over $100 by using Lensabl compared to when I got the same exact pair that I lost.
kamilan1
March 26th, 2019
Verified purchase
I could not be more happy with the service Lensible offered. The presses was very smooth and quicker then expected. I had a question about downloading a document and was answered right away. The frames came back very well packed and in their own protective case. Lensible cost for new lenses was 3 times less then what lenscrafters offered me for frames which I originally bought from them. I highly recommend Lensible.
myas17
June 15th, 2020
Verified purchase
As many others have written here, I found Lebsabl after a particularly bad experience with chain, vision-wear vendors (Visionworks, in this case). I had an old frame I loved that no one wanted to put new lenses in ("we can't guarantee they won't get broken in the process") but Lebsabl replaced them without any issues and the new lenses are quality/accurate. I will definitely be recommending Lensabl to my glasses-wearing friends and family I'm the future.
eileenl83
April 26th, 2019
Verified purchase
Lensabl did a better job at a lower cost than my optometrist, to whom I've paid a fortune over the years. They really nailed the prescription, and the lenses were perfectly fitted into the frames. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast they got my glasses back to me. I was a little apprehensive because the antique frames I sent them are nearly 100 years old, but there was no damage. I'm sure I'll be using their services again.
richardw1172
April 9th, 2019
Verified purchase
I sent my glasses in about a couple weeks ago. I received them back the other day and something is way off on my glasses. I get extremely dizzy and can't see out of them. I'm not sure if it's the quality of the glasses or wrong prescription was made. I have also emailed them two days ago and still haven't heard back which is why I'm leaving this terrible review. The customer service for me has been terrible so far. I hope they get in contact with me to resolve this or refund my money. As of now I wouldn't suggest them to anyone.
daveu46
July 4th, 2019
Verified purchase
I was suspect but decided to give it a try. My one recommendation is go ahead and pack your old glasses and send to them...really speeds up the process. Took two weeks and a few emails to be sure they had received them....some sort of email response confirmation would have helped. But when they arrived I was 110% pleased. Nice job and with my designer frames I did not want to buy new ones, just new prescription. This business makes all the sense in the world. Now you try it.
maryh1062
January 28th, 2020
I recently lost my everyday glasses and had just ordered a new pair (for $700) when I decided to check into Lensabl after seeing it on Facebook. I always keep my old frames. I sent a favorite frame from 15 years ago and in two weeks I had two new glasses. The Lensabl pair was just as well done as my new pair from the eye doctor. Comfortable. Sharp with the bifocals in the exact right location. I love them. My husband ordered two pairs today. Exciting for someone who likes to have a variety of glasses
Andy B. – Lensabl Rep
So glad to hear that Mary and thanks for the kind words!
mikes2321
June 12th, 2020
First time I've used this company. You can't speak with someone there, only through chatting. The guy I spoke with was very helpful - but once I ordered things got worse. I sent my daughter's frame (Neostyles), paid in advance of course, frames never arrived -- and no one to speak with. So out several hundred dollars, and back at square one.
kaniw
July 8th, 2020
Verified purchase
I just received the box with my glasses. Nestled in a beautiful new case is my own frame with brand new lenses. Also included is a nice little care kit. It is like having a brand new pair of glasses! The lenses are absolutely perfect! You had alerted me that there might be a problem and requested my permission to go on because of the fragility of the frames and the possibility of breakage, but everything worked perfectly. I am so grateful!
rutap1
December 11th, 2019
Such great service! Honestly I'm one really happy customer and I want to share my experience with everyone. I didn't even know it was possible to get prescription sunglasses but they did it! And the whole experience was effortless and at the end of the day I also saved almost $150 off of the price that my local store quoted me and the quality is exceptional !! After my first pair is done I'm determined to send it all my glasses! Highly recommended!!
Andy B. – Lensabl Rep
Thanks Ruta! Glad we could save you money and get you great lenses!
tylery12
February 26th, 2020
Originally I ordered new lenses for my favorite frames because they were scratched. A week later I went to an eye doctor who gave me a completely new prescription. I freaked out because my order was already being processed by lensabl. I emailed them and Megan in Customer Support ended up spending 10 minutes on the phone with me making sure I got the new rx and got them as soon as possible. They went above and beyond for me and when I got my glasses back they were perfect came with a lot of extra goodies!
Andy B. – Lensabl Rep
So glad to hear we could help Tyler, thanks for being a great customer and trusting us with your lenses :)
christopherj276
July 28th, 2019
Verified purchase
From ordering to delivery, this company is amazing! I received my favorite frames, with new lenses in less than a week. The workmanship is top-notch! With the way the optical stores gouge you for money. I was a little worried, this was too good to be true. I am over the moon happy with the results. I will be sending in my sunglasses for new prescription lenses very soon. Thank you lensabl!!
davids3381
April 3rd, 2020
I ordered my first set and while it took forever to get them, I finally did. I lost the first pair and ordered a second replacement pair. Took forever again but finally got the. After a week the nose pad fell off somewhere. I asked for help and the rep (Jayme) said since they were not lensabl frames I was out of luck. I HAD WORKED EXCLUSIVELY WITH THIS REP TO ORDER FRAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE!!. Multiple attempts proved fruitless. My advice, stay far away from Lensabl!!

madisonh63
December 27th, 2019
I had two expensive designer frames that I needed progressive lens. I went to all of the major big box eye glass providers and was given outrageous prices. I would have to pay EXTRA because it's not their frames.
I was on Groupon and saw a sale on progressive lens by Lensabl. I took my pictures so they can match my sight lines up. Two weeks later I got my frames back and was just amazed lol. They were perfectly done.
I will use this service again and I highly recommend that you try them out.
Andy B. – Lensabl Rep
Great news Madison! We are here to get you the lenses you need at the best prices and make this part of your life as easy as we can. Happy holidays!
johnk1916
April 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
I was satisfied with everything except my order was in "ready for shipment" for several business days, so I emailed customer support to ask if there was an idea of when it would ship and the representative who responded did not provide any useful information. All they said it was waiting for USPS to pick-up, which seemed unusual since it had been ready to ship for several days.
leahs161
July 9th, 2019
Verified purchase
Lensabl is absolutely AMAZING! I received the BEST customer service ever. From Clarke answering my inquiry about the status of my box (I opted to have a box shipped to me), to Rudy providing a solution to an issue (which ended up not being an issue at all). I've had such a great experience from the very beginning until the very end. I do not see myself ever getting lenses from anywhere else. I cannot wait to do business with you again!
joelz19
July 7th, 2019
Verified purchase
I have used this company in the past, excellent results. But nice to know if there is an issue it gets attention. With my latest frames, there was a mix up on both our parts, with regard to my prescription, they acted with me to resolve it, I did have to pay a bit more to get all new lenses, but far less than the first time around. Customer service worked hard to resolve the issue and now once again a perfect set of progressive lens in my too-expensive-to-not-use-again frames. You save hundreds on new frames/lenses. Highly recommended. I will be sending in another frame shortly.
lashanal1
July 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
I had an old pair of frames that had scratched up lenses and I wanted to update them with a new prescription. I've worn glasses most of my life and hate that I end up trashing the frames that tend to be some of the most expensive parts of my glasses! This was super easy to use, and the guide for figuring out my pupil distance was easy to follow. Will definitely use again. Received a new case with glasses cleaner solution and cloth. All within a more-than-acceptable amount of time.
matts706
February 11th, 2020
I love this company! I had a pair of GLCOP sunglasses I bought at a sample sale and wanted to get my Rx in them. I found Lensabl on a google search, and shortly after reviewing their site, I submitted an order. They literally communicated with me each step of the way, had a cool app built in to measure my PD, and the account tracker showed where my order was the whole time. I sent my frames into them on a Monday and I received them back with perfect new lenses one week later (they also include a cool case and lens spray). The lenses cost me about $100 (my doctor would have charged $200-$300) and my vision is PERFECT. I have a bunch more frames I plan to send in and have told all my family and friends. Thanks for doing great work Lensabl, glad I found you!
Andy B. – Lensabl Rep
So glad you found us Matt, and thanks for the kind words! We look forward to making great new lenses for the rest of your frames whenever you are ready to send them in :)
lf302
April 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
The process was good overall, but I did notice that small imperfections in the shape of my original lenses as they fit to the frame were greatly exaggerated in my new lenses so there are some gaps near my half frame. I'm not too worried about them falling out, but I'm more worried than I was with the old lenses. As far as the prescription being accurate and all, I have no complaints there.

I was not so lucky and have had a horrible experience withLensabl. After two months I'm still waiting for progressive lenses that cost over $600 and Neither my frames nor the lenses I ordered are back to me. Next time I will use a local eyewear store.

By Rosa G.
See more answers (15)

I purchased some really awesome vintage glasses with octagonal black plastic frames made in France, probably from the late 1960s or early 1970s. I was so excited to have them made into sunglasses. I took them to my local optical shop and was told, "I hope you didn't spend much on these because you wasted your money. No one will touch frames this old, because the plastic is so brittle it will just shatter." I was so disappointed. I tossed them in a drawer and forgot about them for a few months. Then I saw an ad for Lensabl online. I contacted them and asked if they could work with vintage frames, and the answer was "No problem!" I was nervous to send the frames in but figured I didn't have anything to lose. I just received the glasses back in the mail today (two weeks from when I mailed them in), and they are incredible! The frames were cleaned and straightened, and the new lenses are perfect. I love them so much. Thanks, Lensabl!

By Rita R.
See more answers (4)

I was blown away by the price for new lenses and just had to give it a try. Now that I have used Lensabl with such fabulous results, I feel like I have been ripped off for years by my optometrists. I will never pay optometrist prices for lenses ever again.

By rebecca m.
See more answers (4)

I received my completed glasses two weeks after I mailed the frames in.

By Rita R.