Lazada.sg

Lazada.sg has a consumer rating of 1.4 stars from 105 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Lazada.sg also ranks 216th among Marketplace sites. The most common issues with Lazada.sg are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Contacted customer service but it was to no avail.
  • does not tell you what specific day your item will arrive
How would you rate Lazada.sg?

“Unethical seller and platform”

E W.
10/18/18

I made my first purchase with Lazada and they just cancelled my orders cos seller update the price from SGD 49 to SGD 71. This is so ridiculous and unethical of them to do so. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM LAZADA!!!! You will regret badly....I have never encounter so irresponsible Lazada staff nor seller ever in our platform!!! Trust me ...you will regret placing orders....Hope they go bust ASAP !!!!

“Redmart was great...until Lazada ruined it”

lorene s.
10/11/19

I used to love the usability of Redmart - such a simple and pleasurable interface. I've been a frequent user for 2.5 years. I also appreciated the weekly voucher code discounts and their extensive inventory. Customer service was always terrific too - it was easy to find a phone number to call, easy to get refunds or have questions answered. Since the merger with Lazada, I've had four terrible experiences with Redmart in the spate of 2 months (!!). Their user flow now is so bad that I've now thought I placed an order three times - only to discover on my own that the order had been cancelled because payment was not received (it's an online credit card payment system, for crying out loud!). I never received an email, SMS or call from Redmart that my order had been cancelled. So frustrating! Most recently, over half my order was not delivered due to a damaged diproduct in the warehouse. Again, I was not notified in anyway and the refunds they issued were for only some of the products that had not been delivered. It's very difficult to find a phone number to call Redmart now, and customer service is basically helpless. Argh!!

customer service (39) item (49) seller (21) credit card (8) 2 days (6) order (50) refund process (4) address (7) 2 weeks (3) 2 items (4) post office (3) system error (3)
vv17
June 26th, 2018
The shopping experience was not bad but if you sign up for a LiveUp membership, make sure to cancel the automatic renewal, because they keep charging your credit card otherwise. I was surprised to see a nearly $60 charge on my card from Lazada, even though we don't even live in Singapore anymore. Turns out it's the automatic renewal, which they don't warn you about. I would say not great customer service, for that reason.
chulag1
February 24th, 2018
I requested for a refund Jan 23 same day when I received the WRONG ITEM. I bug their Chat Reps almost everyday to check for updates. Coz if i wont do it, I think they will not do any actions. Three weeks passed when I returned my item I received an email finally that they received it .. At first they rejected it without informing me.. If i didnt chat a rep that time maybe they'll just send back the item.. the moment i knew it was rejected i requested for reevaluation then it took another week for them to finally process the refund..
simonl49
June 21st, 2016
There's no hotline to deal with problems.You just have to fill in a form, but if that's not bad enough - the submit button on the form doesn't work.

Tracking system is meaningless - does not tell you what specific day your item will arrive
anirbanb
February 11th, 2016
if your size is not matching - still you need to use the product as per Lazada Customer Service - So be sure about the product you are buying from Lazada.sg
kalystatt
October 18th, 2017
First item came from a local store with address listed. Bought a pair of steelseries headphones with no problems.
Second item is also from a local store but with no address or website, decided to trust Lazada. My item got mixed up with someone else's. I received another customer's items with their receipt! Printed on it is their name, address and phone number! Too dangerous!
Asked for replacement because I thought it pays to be nice (item received is more expensive than what I paid for) Waiting for quality check is 2-4 business days (now the 4th day) Waiting for delivery is another 2-5 days. All in all, replacement will take 9 days the latest.
Way too long, Lazada. Even Amazon processes my refund within 2 days along with quality checks.

Tip for consumers: Remember to check seller

joeb769
July 10th, 2019
This has happened to me a few times. I would either buy a few pieces of something and then the supplier would just send one piece.
Or if I were to buy three or four items from one supplier and when the package arrives, something is missing from the purchase list.
In both cases, there is no direct method of addressing the issue on the Lazada. The chat is actually a robot that only handles all the listed issues (not including any one of the above). When you call the hotline, you will speak to someone who will promise you everything but does nothing.
Then what happens after is that while waiting for customer service to act on your issue, the time limit for return expires and you get billed for something that was never sent to you...
Since I'm seeing this more often than I used to, my theory is that there are many suppliers in Lazada who knows about this loophole and are taking advantage of it so either buy only one thing from any one supplier or make multiple orders if you need more than one piece so buyers beware!

Do not buy expensive or branded items on Lazada, unsure of its quality and authenticity. My past purchase are either cheap items shipped from China or from reliable local sellers like Autobacs, Prolink and small I.T products.

By Vic K.