KitchenNiche.ca

ResellerRatings
3.6 / 5
Better Business Bureau
4.9 / 5

KitchenNiche.ca has a consumer rating of 3.87 stars from 137 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with KitchenNiche.ca most frequently mention free shipping, business days and top notch.KitchenNiche.ca ranks 15th among Kitchen sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 1 hour

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 70.6%

• My order arrived in good time with the post office being so busy and in good shape.

• Have contacted customer service to give me back my money since they never sent the items. Got no response.
  • I've contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge while I wait for them to contact me for the return.
How would you rate KitchenNiche.ca?

“Excellent website”

Brenda W.
8/14/20

I recently came across your webpage, as I was searching for the perfect tart pan. Searched local stores plus on line, and nothing came close to what I wanted, but I found Exactly the item from your site. I ordered 2 tart pans, and I could not be more excited. It was fast to arrive and exactly what I wanted. I will be looking at this store for future purchases, and have book marked the site. I can't wait to shop for my next needs. Thank you. Totally satisfied customer, Brenda.

“Absolutely terrible”

Ken L.
6/22/21

Do not order from kitchenNiche.ca. Customer service was absolutely terrible with almost absent responses. My shipment was delayed for two months with zero communication or update. When I asked about the status of the order, it was met with silence. When I asked for a refund I was ignored. Fortunately I paid through Paypal and I had to escalate my complaint before I finally received a refund 2.5months later. Don't waste your time ordering from this amateur potentially scammy fly by night store.

customer service (10) credit card company (4) order (81) canadian company (3) 4 days (3) this company (14) post office (4) 3 days (4)
brendaw573
August 14th, 2020

Totally satisfied customer, Brenda.

lornah52
October 9th, 2020

I purchased a pepper and salt mill - firstly the price was some of the best for on-line shopping. Order got here in 4 days which is amazing especially dealing with Canada Post. Never new this on-line company existed til now. Thankful I found them

Lorna

bw247
December 20th, 2021

I discovered kitchenniche in the last two years. I absolutely love the store, and I have ordered all my baking utensils from them. Every one has been excellent quality. I recommend this site to my family and friends and will buy gifts for others from them. Today I received my marble rolling pin and French rolling pin. I could not be happier for the service plus quality of the merchandise, I will only buy my quality products from them.
B. Wookey

Excellent quality

Kitchen utensils excellent quality

margaretd373
July 2nd, 2020

I was looking for some kitchen items and was thrilled to find some of the most unique things. In fact I ended up ordering more than originally planned because they had such a great selection. I was also happy that the business is Canadian and could therefore support a local business as opposed to Amazon. My items came quickly and all in one order not in bits and pieces like some places. I am sold on KitchenNiche and will definitely be shopping from them again!

kenl370
June 22nd, 2021

cm903
October 4th, 2021

My search for a German-made Borner mandolin took me to an Amazon site where it was available for $69.99. I noticed that the supplier for Amazon was KitchenNiche.ca. My search on KitchenNiche found the same product on sale for $49.99. I did not have to pay for shipping as I ordered 2 of these and got free shipping. However, even with the shipping fees the cost was less than Amazon. Items ordered arrived as per timeline provided and were as expected. Would definitely use KitchenNiche again.

Kitchen Items

hesterw5
December 14th, 2021

I was very happy with my first ordering experience from online ordering through confirmation thru delivery. We are so pleased Kitchenniche Carrie's this lovely tea and like the reorder sticker on the bags which will make reordering simple. A preferred price for a larger quantity of our new favourite tea is also appreciated. A very good experience all around.

Specialty Herbsl Tra

michelled1257
May 18th, 2021

I can see I'm not the only one who has ordered a pasta maker from this jenky website and have had no response to why my order is a no-show. Misleading is an understatement. If you look up the location of the store it is out of a house in Calgary. It has been a month since I ordered my pasta machine and no response on where it is or why it hasn't shown up. I was trying to support local companies but this one is horrid. Stay away from them.

Don't bother with them

Products used:
I didn't use anything because my order never showed up.

lyl4
January 24th, 2022

I ordered two products in December, and received one of them promptly (the Mandoline).
-----------------------------------------------------
8 x Fox Run Bakers Butter Ruler (0212) = $15.92
1 x Oxo Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer (1071480) = $59.99
------------------------------------------------------
However, the packing list said that both products were in the same box. Things happen, fine. I sent a couple of emails to "Sandra" as the site directed over the course of a few weeks. No reply whatsoever. I tried calling, but the taped message said to send an email. I still want the butter ruler, and an email would be nice too.

romank24
Roman K. – KitchenNiche.ca Rep

Hi Ly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I actually replied to your email on January 19th at 10:16am. I'm almost certain my email landed in your spam folder as this is very common with hotmail email address. For some reason hotmail doesn't seem to like us very much :) Please check your spam folder and reply to that email. We certainly will make sure you will receive your butter rulers.

Take care,

Sandra

tabithah73
March 22nd, 2021

I ordered maple tea bags in bulk from Kitchen Niche. Their website is so user friendly. The tracking was effortless and I received top quality products in secure packing and a personalized note. Thank you Kitchen Niche for delivering my order!

tea bags

lisaw940
May 19th, 2020

Easy purchase with no issues. Item came quickly, and I was updated every step of the way. Product was exactly as expected. Very impressed!

anitas668
April 10th, 2022

Website was easy to use. Our order was shipped almost immediately and came express service so we had it in days. Loved the quick service and free shipping.

Frypan

boba615
June 23rd, 2021

Ordered Mercto pasta maker in late March 2021. Didn't hear a word for a month so i contacted KitchenNiche. They said it would be delivered in May. It is now late June and again i have not heard from them. Terrible customer service. Companies like this should not be in existence.

clintc135
February 16th, 2021

No reputable company should accept an online order for a product they won't have in stock for six weeks, and to add insult to injury, CHARGE you for the item 6 weeks before they are able to ship it. My simple pasta roller order turned into a multi-month saga of misleading information, ignored emails and phone calls and wasted time.
Unlike Amazon or any other reputable company, Kitchen Niche will accept orders and bill you for things it doesn't have. The fact that the item is backordered is hidden in the body of the item description, so read the fine print carefully. After they take your money, they will send you an email confirmation, stating that they are "processing and packing" your order - kind of misleading when they didn't have the item in stock for 6 more weeks. Then came the fun of trying to follow up on the order - allow 3 days minimum for them to respond to an email, if at all. Ditto with phone calls. Just a nightmare from beginning to end. I finally got my wife's birthday gift 5 weeks after her birthday. It was a lesson for me to read reviews about a company before you purchase from them.

Tip for consumers:
Read the fine print carefully before you buy - confirm stock.

Pasta roller

kellyd1142
December 5th, 2021

I wanted some peri-peri dried peppers and couldn't find them anywhere. When I searched I found this company. They had what I wanted (and more) and all was shipped and received in very short time. I am very pleased with the service and products. The price point was good for the quality. I will check in when I need other baking tools or products.

Spices, whisk, parchment paper

anned335
March 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

Just received my order and the quality of my products are great and very happy with my purchases. Thank you. Its our 3rd time purchasing products from your company and return for the quality every time.
Anne & Peter Davis
New Brunswick Canada

Cuisinox Cream whipper and Victorianox steak knives

ronalds895
December 9th, 2020

I ordered an item from them and have made 6 request as to where my order is and I have not got a reply my order number is 621502, I'm starting to think this is a scam.

dorisl234
April 12th, 2022
Verified purchase

They carry an interesting selection of products, including the perogie pogy/maker that I was looking for, with very reasonable shipping costs. Very happy with my purchase!

antonioz9
May 14th, 2020

Excellent service and timely delivery of my order. I noticed the fake bad reviews that seem to plague this business. I suggest that you ignore them as attempts by competitors to discredit and misrepresent. Highly recommend using kitchenniche.ca as I will for future purchases.

blakes177
November 14th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've ordered from kitchenniche.ca multiple times, over 10 years. I've never had an issue, I've recieved everything I've paid for and any questions have been answered promptly.
I like several items on their website, and I've purchased multiple items as gifts that have always been well recieved.
I'm a conscientious consumer, I price match and use coupons, cashback and rewards. They offer none of these options and I STILL return here.

They gave a better price on multiple purchases of the Victorinox Fibrox chef's knives that America's Test Kitchen recommended. I like the Flax Seed Grinder as it has a Crushgrind mechanism, I give them as gifts at Christmas with a lovely spice blend.

I find them affordable and knowledgeable. They might not be lightning fast, but they're not a 5 day response. They offer free shipping... in Canada, that's a gift.

I highly recommend them, I like to buy local, but they beat Ontario pricing most of the time.

Can't say enough good things. Hope that 10 years from now I'm still getting the quality that I've come to expect.

Great Canadian cooking store. Thank you for being a great shopping experience.

Tip for consumers:
Buy more than one of any item!
They don't break, but jealous friends and family will "borrow" and forget to return it!!!

Cooking supplies
Knives
Spatulas
Muffin tins
Spice grinder

mlr3
March 1st, 2020

They arrived within seven days, well packaged and just what I was expecting, four with chicken feet and four with hen beaks. My grandkids are going to love them.
After searching for eggcups online, the Kitchen niche price was the most reasonable.

Thanks!

gaylea53
November 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

My order came quickly and my items are all in good order. No mistakes! I will probably order more things from kitchenniche. The items look like they are good quality. I will recommend to my friends.

nancyb940
December 13th, 2019

I bought 7 plastic jar keys as gifts from Kitchenniche.ca. I had one and found it be such a useful gadget for breaking the seal on jars, but couldn't find them in the stores again. Kitchenniche had them at such a great price and shipped them out right away. They were also good about keep me posted on the processing and shipping of my order.

Tip for consumers:
Free shipping is for $100 orders only, but the shipping cost is very reasonable and their prices are already low.

Jar keys

jeremye99
October 2nd, 2020

The service was decent, responded to most emails. The two critiques I have to there service was failing to notify me (keep me updated) when there was a long delay in receiving my order. I had to ask them each time to get updates. Also, they missed one item, and when I notified them, they refunded me rather that ship me it. I figure they didn't want the extra shipping cost, yet that item was one of the two main priorities to me in that order. So I am not satisfied with that outcome which does counter their guarantee.

saras796
October 16th, 2020

I ordered a few items from Kitchen Niche that I couldn't find in local stores and was very happy with the products and service! One of the items didn't fit the appliance I bought it for, and they were very easy to deal with in returning it. Everything went smoothly, and Sandra was very helpful. Thank you!

We are aware that some of the reviews aren't very flattering. While we do Make mistakes, I can assure you that many of those reviews are made up. Many of them we do not even recognize. We're not sure who's doing it but we assume it's a competitor. I can Assure you that you would be more than satisfied if you order with us. Please see our near-perfect rating with Amazon here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fb?ie=UTF8&asin=B000638D32&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A2EUQ1WTGCTBG2&seller=A2DRB13QITTSF1 Please do let me know if you have any questions. Roman Koller www.kitchenniche.ca

See more answers (7)

Hello, Our return policy can be found at http://www.kitchenniche.ca/shipping.php. What you are looking for might be this part: "INSURANCE: We always use appropriate packaging materials and boxes for all shipments to make sure you receive your items in perfect condition. However, if you should receive a damaged item, please contact us by email or by phone. We will either replace the damaged item/s or issue a full refund, whatever you prefer. Damaged items must be reported within 3 business days of receipt. All shipments are fully insured. RETURNS: If you are not happy with your purchase, please contact us within 30 days of receipt of your merchandise. For Christmas gifts, you may return them until January 31st. You will be given instructions on how to return your item/s. The returned products have to be in their original condition and packaging. The customer is responsible for the shipping cost on returns. If you had free shipping with your order and return any items you will be charged the exact shipping amount we paid to ship your order." Kind regards, www.kitchenniche.ca