Review of Kamikoto

Tel: +(81) 30-6859-7578
contact@kamikoto.com

newtonm21
12/3/19
I've ordered five knives over the past two years plus given some as gifts. The quality of the knives has been excellent plus their customer service has been very good. I suggest ordering a sharpening stone to keep the knife cutting edge in top shape.
richardr1006
12/1/19
A customer of mine bought a set for a gift. The blade quality is good but not worth $1000 plus for three knives. Telling you where they obtain the steel and exactly what the steel is are two very different things.
These knives came with a so-so edge.
jackw348
11/27/19
These knives are undescribable............. Just kidding. These knives look elegant in hand, in the kitchen and on the dinner room table thanks to the new steak knives. They are incredibly sharp; first two weeks I let my dad and my sister use them and they both cut themselves haha, I told them be careful; but they aren't use to quality knives in the kitchen. When you pick them up, you just know in your heart and soul, that's what it takes to make these knives. They are sturdy, well balanced and look great. I love using them as much as possible. Will be a returning customer!! 5 stars.
jamesy148
11/27/19
Nov 26, 22:01 EET

"I have received your gift.
This is what I expected to find! Superior craftsmanship and an edge ready to be put to work!

Thank you for the excellent customer service!
I was not looking for compensation, only to inform you of what I found.
You have gone above and beyond what was necessary and I appreciate it!
There will be further purchases from myself and my colleagues.
My comment to Kamikoto after receiving a dull knife. Immediate response and incredible integrity.
mikem1632
11/26/19
The Kamikoto whetstone is an essential addition to your knife collection. Maintains that razor edge that makes this cutlery an absolute joy to use.
valel
11/24/19
Very comfortable grip, the blade is sharp and the cut very smooth. The wet stone is made of good quality material and do not mark the knifes. Definitely a good buy.
danielleb237
11/16/19
There was a hiccup with information being relayed and I received an answer immediately. I am extremely happy with my purchase. The knife is beautiful and I couldn't beat the price. I highly recommend them to anyone. Thank you.
victorw66
11/15/19
I love their knives. They are pieces of art, and super sharp, the handles are very comfortable and they have a great balance. Customer service is fast and great. I had a problem caused by the shipping and I requested a new wood box and they send me a whole new knife.
markg998
11/12/19
The quality of these knives is apparent as soon as you pick one up. The shipping was unexpectedly quick and customer service response was almost instant. I have no reservations about a repeat purchase
louieg30
11/9/19
I've always been fascinated with traditional Japanese swords and sword-makers, so I naturally gravitated towards Kamikoto products which are steeped in the same traditions. These are the most amazingly sharp knives I've ever seen, and I have no doubt they are capable of splitting atoms! I now own two complete sets of knives (the entire line), plus many extra knives that I give away to friends and family, who are equally amazed at the quality, sharpness, and presentation...the little wooden boxes are a great touch. Plus their customer service is second to none; I've done lots of online shopping, and no company I've ever dealt with can even come close to the professionalism, courteousness, and generosity that Kamikoto exhibits on a regular basis. So whether you're a weekend warrior in the kitchen like myself, or a professional chef in a 5-Star restaurant, you can always depend on Kamikoto knives...there's nothing sharper.
josephh420
11/9/19
Kamikoto customer service has answered all my questions promptly they were cordial and very accommodating I couldn't ask for a better company to do business with. Their product is high end good quality with outstanding esthetics I would recommend this product to friends and family.
thomask487
11/5/19
The Knives are not as sharp as seen in the video. The tip of the long knife came bent.
Response from Tsuyoshi I., Kamikoto Representative
Dear Mr. Kerr,

We are terribly sorry to hear that you have had an unfortunate and negative experience with our products.

Despite our rigorous quality assurance process and individual inspection of each of the knives, some defective units can still go through the cracks. We are extremely disappointed that we have let you down.

We have been able to locate your order and I will personally make sure that you will get to experience the true quality of our knives - we will be processing an overnight shipment of another set with a little extra to your order to make up for our mistakes.

We understand that this does not fully rectify the negative experience you went through and eternally regret letting you down.

We remain grateful for your patience and understanding with the matter. It’s been our honor to have you as a customer.

Do not hesitate to contact us again should there be anything else we could assist you with.

Our team remains on standby at your service.

Sincerely,
Kamikoto
candiceb80
11/4/19
Beautifully crafted knives displayed in a quality box.

The knives are balanced.

Very nicely presented.

Quick delivery.
raqueld28
11/2/19
The 13inch Yaganiba Kamikoto knife is very useful for me.
I am just extra careful to use it as it is very sharp.
I am very happy with it.
zachm50
11/1/19
Arrived quickly, quality knife, great purchase and amazing customer service. Very glad this was my first purchase of a high quality knife.
chadr76
11/1/19
Initial order was lost. Contacted them and they immediately sent out a replacement at no cost. I am considering purchasing additional product through them. Would recommend.
jamesk824
11/1/19
nice presentation in wooden boxes and knives are heavy and appear well made and finished but these are just ordinary kitchen knives designed ti impress by presentation...worth about 1/2 the price i paid
tammyo39
10/28/19
An incredibly nice company with which to work. Knives come in beautifully crafted wooden boxes and they're heavy like little swords! As I find is typical of dealing with Japanese companies, they are very gracious and humble and eager to please.
loriannj1
10/21/19
These knives are no joke when it comes to sharpness. My husband was using one for the first time and darn near sliced through his finger by just pushing the knife a few inches back on the cutting board. He thought it was the back of the blade but it was the cutting edge. I mean if you are looking for sharp knives, these are probably the gold standard. Well worth the price!!
phillipk50
10/17/19
It is amazing knife.
I am hair stylist because I like kind of blade ..
i bought all set knife two years ago...
I very like tuna sasimi
my friend fishing cached the tuna
he bring tuna allways my house..
I use kamikoto and cut off tuna ...
kamikoto go to with my life
timl291
10/14/19
This is my favorite knife & I use it everyday for almost everything! It keeps a great edge & it smoothly cuts everything from tomatoes to rib roasts.
pauld738
10/8/19
I have purchased other knife sets and I am very pleased with those purchases and the current one. I recommend any of their of their fine products.
ricoo2
10/2/19
Love the box in came in, the knives are just outstanding, have to buy another set for a present to my friend who loves cooking.
thomash572
10/1/19
Exceptional!!!! Excellent quality and durability. Am VERY satisfied!!!
diegoh27
10/1/19
Great product! I could not be more satisfied. Bought an additional knife for my son who was equally pleased.

I agree with Michelle S. I, too have a bunch of Wusthof knives, they're forty years old and are beautiful to work with. If you search long and hard and don't care, you can always find cheaper knives, but you'll not find anything better than the Kamikoto knives that I'm now using.

By Jordan P.
Questions? Get answers from the Kamikoto staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Kamikoto