Review of KitchenNiche.ca

Tel: 1-888-839-0551
kitchenniche@kitchenniche.ca

sebl8
11/2/16
Hello, I ordered a meat slicer (200$ CAN). monday 17 oct and was shipped 26 oct... Between that i didn't get any notification or tracking number (I asked them for...) on my order and was in doubt reading bad reviews here. I received it yesterday by express post. Everything is fine but this compagny surely have a bad communication and dont let their customer to be safe in mind. For me its ok, but im not sure i'll buy there again cause i absolutly not want to deal a return or a damaged item with them... THAT should be a nightmare.
sherriep
8/30/16
I ordered a set of cookie cutters on July 25th. Receipt said I would receive my order within 12 business days. I has been more than a month. I have left voicemails and sent emails to the company regarding the whereabouts of my order. I have received no response!
reneea18
7/9/16
I WISH I HAD READ REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING WITH THIS COMPANY. I NEVER RECEIVED WHAT I ORDERED AND HAD TO FILE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL TO GET MY MONEY BACK. I EMAILED AND CALLED THEM NUMEROUS TIMES WITH NO RESPONSE.
marianas7
6/3/16
I have ordered a pepper mill two months ago and still no delivery. I am trying to get in touch by email, no response yet.
hebaa7
4/11/16
I sent several mails and their mail not working or cancelled i phoned several times no response only answer machine Dont know if my order will be delivered or no my order is number 598060
steveg103
4/10/16
Have ordered on 2 different occasions from Kitchen Niche and they left me happy both times. Received my orders quickly each time and their items are top notch quality. I will be back soon! Steve
terrym90
3/6/16
OMG! I wish I saw all these reviews before! I, too, ordered over a month ago and nothing! They didn't hesitate to take the funds out. .. i am going to claim the charges as fraudulent charges. How can a business do this to so many people?? !^#^&/=%#!! I emailed them, called and nothing. My order doesn't justify a lawsuit but I'd like to do it just for the satisfaction. Thankfully I work in a corporate law firm and may have to use that card and get an athorny to put sone fire inder theor ass! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!! For all we know it could just barely someone sitting pretty taking all of our money!
marib39
12/18/15
I ordered a bar tools set to compliment some bar tools my husband already has. What I received was a substituted bar set, not the set I ordered. The set I ordered isn't even on their site anymore. The description on the site of the one they sent even says it comes in a "beautiful gift box". Mine came in plain white boxes and some pieces were only in bubble wrap. It's a joke. I have been calling non stop and have emailed several times and NO RESPONSE in 3 days. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. I've contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge while I wait for them to contact me for the return.

**UPDATE** I finally heard from the company well after the dispute was initiated with my credit card company. They wanted me to return the set they mistakenly sent me but wouldn't provide a return label since they only use Canada Post. I took it to my local post office and was told it would be $22+ to ship back to them. I didn't want to pay to return an item I didn't order. When I told KitchenNiche that they let me keep the set (valued at $80 but really shouldn't have been worth that) and settled the case with my credit card company a month and a half after my initial order date.
lm62
11/23/15
I ordered two clay bakers for my granddaughters for Christmas and they arrived very promptly and the quality is excellent! the girls will be thrilled! Thank you KitchenNiche.ca for the excellent service! Linda Miller
cassiew7
9/16/15
Ordered over a month ago, no response to my email.
carleenb
8/22/15
Still waiting for my order I placed last month. They don't answer emails either. Avoid or it will cost you
chrisa109
8/20/15
I ordered a few kitchen things over a month ago and so far nothing - including any replies to the emails I sent. Shop elsewhere!
monicar29
7/29/15
Dreadful customer service. If there is anything at all wrong with your order you will NEVER get it rectified by any other means than by contacting your credit card company or the better business bureau.
I ordered 4 items, of which I only received 2. Which is fine as they only charged me for the 2 items they shipped. However, when I actually received the order (it was extremely slow shipping), one of the items they sent me was the wrong item and of course it was the smaller, cheaper version. In the package, there was only a cryptic handwritten note saying that they only shipped what items they had in stock. I repeatedly called the company (several times a day) in order to try and get the order corrected and no one ever answered the phone. Not one single time. I also sent numerous emails and I only once received a response from them where they admitted they had sent me the wrong item and that if they offered me a discount, would I take keep the item. I responded no as the item was too small for my purposes and asked them how to return the item and I have not yet received a response back from them and this is over two months later. I'm uncertain if the website is a scam, but it definitely is not a good business nor a business I will ever support again.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.
kevinm129
7/3/15
Needed a few things for a wedding and received my stuff within a few days of ordering. Very happy with Kitchen Niche!
abbyk2
4/2/15
my wife decided to surprise me and invite guests for a fondue party on the weekend without owning a fondue pot argggg. i started googling reviews and prices and came up with 2 fondue pots at the kitchen niche. i placedthe order late on tuesday and bang immediately got verification next day got the tracking numbers and wow delivered on thursday THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN IN CANADA!! things are lookin up.the pots arrived in perfect condition and just as described. i couldn't find a better deal in canada or in the usa. thanks kitchen niche i will be shopping again
clairer12
12/3/14
Just found this website today, should have looked harder yesterday. I ordered and then tried to cancel it. Forget about anyone being helpful. I spoke to someone, he said would try to get back to me. DID NOT HAPPEN. I sent email, I called 3x, received 2 emails back and they shipped out my order and now I am asking for shipping info and how to return items..they are rude and Not very helpful. Will never deal with them again. I hope to get through this, but I am not very happy at all. They should focus on customers even if they are a small business.

Tip for consumers: Do Not Use This Company!!

johnb83
11/12/14
I ordered an anniversary gift for my sister June06/11 Today is July07.My sister has not as yet received her gift1 I cannot log into my account,i cannot reset my password, I cannot get through to them by phone. I am worried!
allisonm26
3/30/14
I never received my order. They never responded to my
numerous phone calls or emails. I have filed a claim
with Paypal. The lesson I learned is to always check
reviews about internet companies I am not familiar with
before making a purchase. Buyer beware!!!
rajb3
9/1/13
SCAMMERS -- STAY AWAY!!

I ordered two French press replacement glass containers over a month ago which never arrived. Several e-mails went unanswered and no one picked up the phone during regular business hours. I now see on Google Streetview that the company's address is a suburban house. Wish I had read these reviews before buying!

UPDATE -- The day I posted this review (and contacted my credit card company, which immediately refunded me the money) I received an apologetic e-mail from the business with some weak excuse. So guess they it's not a total scam, just a badly run business.
tomw36
8/20/13
Tried to place an order using Paypal went to a supposed Paypal login site. Asked me for my date of birth... and the last four of my social. WARNING AS SOMEONE WHO USED TO DO BACKGROUND CHECKS-- IF SOMEONE HAS YOUR POSSIBLE STATE OF BIRTH, DATE OF BIRTH AND LAST FOUR OF YOUR SOCIAL THEY CAN GET YOUR ENTIRE SOCIAL ESPECIALLY WITH THE HELP OF A COMPUTER!
tb21
7/1/13
maryk26
11/6/12
I have now placed 3 orders with this company and never had any issues. 2 of my orders were shipped out the same day I placed the order and the 3rd order I placed on a Friday, was shipped the following Monday. Their selection and prices are great and I will keep using them for my kitchen needs!
jimh17
2/28/12
Okay, I placed an order on this site before discovering sitejabber. My experience has been less than top shelf, but the results have not been a disaster. There appears to be only one person who provides help with orders and customer service. I believe this person is overwhelmed by inadequate experience and very poor inventory control. It took over a week just to get an acknowledgment of my order. No timing was provided on shipping. I had just discovered Sitejabber where I checked out kitchenniche and got nervous. I emailed their customer service address and very politely asked for timing on this order. One week later, I got an answer saying it was processed and would ship as soon as it became available. Another email came one week after that and said the shipment would arrive in 7-10 days. I wrote back and thanked her for the update. 10 days took me up to last Friday with nothing yet, so I waited until Monday with intentions of another email query. Most of my order arrived that same morning with a note apologizing for 1 out of the 5 items ordered being out of stock and that it would ship as soon as it came in.

So, this is not a scam site and they are not entirely bad. The pricing and products I received were fine. You just need to be very patient and understand that this is the process.

Can you do better elsewhere? Absolutely!
sgm
1/10/12
Worst retail on-line experience I've had. Do not buy from these people. Ordered an 89$ + tax = 112$ Le Creuset teapot Nov 30/11. It arrived just before Christmas, defective. I could not use it as the gift it was intended for and had to purchase something else. As per the website guidelines, I contacted the company within 7 day for instructions to return the item for refund. They do not answer the phone and rarely reply to email. They finally told me I have to deal with the manufacturer to get a replacement. I informed them I don't want a replacement, I want a refund. As I had to buy another gift, this teapot was of no use to me. Looks like I'm stuck trying to sort something out with the manufacturer, to get a replacement for something I don't want. Horrible experience with these people. Beware. I'm filing a complaint with BBB.
marionb
5/17/11
On April 28th. I submitted and paid for my order. Here it is May 17th. and no answer to my email query as to when they shipped (if they did)??? Fortunately I paid by paypal. I expect they will get an answer.

We are aware that some of the reviews aren't very flattering. While we do make mistakes, I can assure you that many of those reviews are made up. Many of them we do not even recognize. We're not sure who's doing it but we assume it's a competitor. I can assure you that you would be more than satisfied if you order with us. Please see our near-perfect rating with Amazon here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fb?ie=UTF8&asin=B000638D32&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A2EUQ1WTGCTBG2&seller=A2DRB13QITTSF1 Please do let me know if you have any questions. Roman Koller www.kitchenniche.ca

By Roman K., KitchenNiche.ca Representative

Hello, Our return policy can be found at http://www.kitchenniche.ca/shipping.php . What you are looking for might be this part: "INSURANCE: We always use appropriate packaging materials and boxes for all shipments to make sure you receive your items in perfect condition. However, if you should receive a damaged item, please contact us by email or by phone. We will either replace the damaged item/s or issue a full refund, whatever you prefer. Damaged items must be reported within 3 business days of receipt. All shipments are fully insured. RETURNS: If you are not happy with your purchase, please contact us within 30 days of receipt of your merchandise. For Christmas gifts, you may return them until January 31st. You will be given instructions on how to return your item/s. The returned products have to be in their original condition and packaging. The customer is responsible for the shipping cost on returns. If you had free shipping with your order and return any items you will be charged the exact shipping amount we paid to ship your order." Kind regards, www.kitchenniche.ca

By Roman K., KitchenNiche.ca Representative

Hi Robert, Please email me at roman@kitchenniche.ca . I will taje care of you. Kind regards Roman

By Roman K., KitchenNiche.ca Representative

Please send me an email to roman@kitchenniche.ca with your order information and I will make sure to get back to you ASAP. Thank you!

By Roman K., KitchenNiche.ca Representative

Hello, Unfortunately, we are an online store only and currently do not have a retail location where customers can stop by. You are more than welcome to order from our website at www.kitchenniche.ca Kind regards, Sandra www.kitchenniche.ca

By Roman K., KitchenNiche.ca Representative

Hello Roger, Please check your spam/junk folder. We have sent you 2 emails within the last week to answer all your questions. Kind regards, Roman www.kitchenniche.ca

By Roman K., KitchenNiche.ca Representative

Questions? Get answers from the KitchenNiche.ca staff and other customers.

6 Photos for KitchenNiche.ca