Kinguin

Kinguin has a consumer rating of 4.14 stars from 312 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Kinguin also ranks 4th among Video Games Other sites.

• Once, though, I was very glad for their customer support, because one key didn't work.
  • The support team was responsive and they actually did the calling and the activation ID.

• Some of the worst customer service I've ever spoken to.
  • Don't believe the additional scam that if you pay extra for their "buyer protection", you won't get a bad code.
How would you rate Kinguin?

“Superior to G2A, in every way.”

Keegan x.
12/14/18

I bought Wolfenstein (the new colossus & the new order) through Kinguin a couple days ago, and I'm incredibly happy I did so. The keys were delivered within a couple of minutes (including payment time) and were perfectly valid. I had (regrettably) earlier tried to buy the same games from G2A a few hours earlier, where my payment wouldn't even go through. Even if it had, Ive had problems with G2A before, and it was not unlikely the seller would even give me a legitimate key. Couldn't recommend Kinguin more, and I look forward to buying through them in the future :D

“Appalling Service”

Owen B.
3/30/19

Purchased a key however when trying to activate via steam it was saying it's already been activated. Had to contact support and the agents on there did what they can but it wasn't good enough from a customers point of view. When a key is not successful they require you to take three different screenshots and send it to them before they will contact the merchant to get another key sent to me. On the third attempt of them sending me keys it finally worked. On the 2nd time I asked for a refund from kinguin but they said they will need to speak to the merchant about it. I know that some people do have a good experience from this site but unfortunately on my first use I was presented with this. Will shortly be removing my account as the trust has gone and I did not expect to be treated like that. It's a shame as the consept of the website is brilliant.

customer service (41) buyer protection (16) customer support (16) support team (9) windows 10 (19) game keys (6) support agent (8) instant delivery (5) 10 minutes (5) support person (4) great site (5) 5 minutes (6)
ivans109
October 23rd, 2019
• Updated review
The prices shown are without taxes and the products are then taxed in the cart. This is a waste of time and it's an unfair practice, sanctioned within the European Union.
What rating can be given to those who violate the regulations?

Ref:
Directive 2005/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2005 concerning unfair business-to-consumer commercial practices in the internal market
Hello,
we are really sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Every customer is obliged to choose their own tax region during the checkout.
In this case, the tax is not included in the prices as every region is different.
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
Have a nice day,
Awesome support!
January 29th, 2019
• Previous review
Every time I contact the support, even for a little doubt, they respond quickly and in the right way. Also I have never had any problem with the sale of keys or with their purchase.

Of those I've tried, this is the only reliable keys store with private resellers. Recommended!
jamesl1288
February 16th, 2020
Paid almost $50 for a Windows key. It did not work. They won't refund my money. PayPal won't do anything about it.. Stay away, spend your money with a reputable company.
Hello,
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the encountered difficulties.
We do understand the inconvenience you have faced and we will be more than happy to assist you.
In order for us to be able to address the case, however, please share your ticket ID or order number with us.
Kind regards,
Tony
baldung
February 15th, 2020
Kinguin is fraud and a scam for details go here: https://www.gamingdragons.com/kinguin_is_a_scam.html
cipriang1
June 5th, 2019
They act like scammer's, my balance is frozen from 4 months, after you sell a game they keep the money for 2 months and then the withdraw process will take another 2 months
nickr178
May 13th, 2019
The keys are hit and miss, but if you miss you're out the money. The activation method of calling doesn't work, and the method of getting screenshots from a chat session with MS support is no longer even offered, so your SOL. Save your time and money and just buy a real key. This is a busy
Hello Nick,
Thank you for your honest review even if it is negative.
We are really sorry to hear that you are not able to activate the system with the key we sent. Our Team will do their best to help you to solve the issue. Could you please provide us with the ticket ID/order number, we will contact you regarding the case.
jasonh414
May 3rd, 2019
Terrible customer service. Key did not work. And no help from them. Don't buy from here. Hidden fees at checkout

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from here

Hello Jason,
We are really sorry about any issue you experienced.
Could you please be so kind and provide us with the ticket ID/order number? Our Team will take care of the case right away.
We hope to hear from you soon.
raduc6
April 2nd, 2019
I bought a Windows 10 + Office 2016 bundle. The office key stopped working after 2 months. They offered a refund of 8 euros on their platform while a replacement key costs 26 euros. They said that's the most they can do. No, thank you!
Hello,
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We would like to explain the issue which you experienced. The purchased product was sold in the bundle which contained 3 products therefore, we offered 1/3 refund of the price. However, Customer Satisfaction is very important to us, we decided to refund 50% of the price. We are really sorry about the issue, the appropriate Team already contacted you via ticket. Please make sure to check it.
josephw240
February 2nd, 2019
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
My Windows 10 Pro key does not work. I reinstalled a fresh version of Windows and it will not accept the key. There is no option to activate by phone as is stated in the instructions. There is no customer service, only a computer to chat with that does not understand the problem. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
Hello!
We're very sorry that you are displeased with your purchase. Please rest assured that our LiveChat is available 24/7 and our Agents will be always ready to assist you. If you have an issue with a Windows key, and you wish to be transferred to a human assistant from the bot conversation, please simply type "transfer".
Please also provide us with your order number, so that we could look into the issue for you.
In case of any questions, please feel free to contact us again anytime.
Kind regards,
Pola
gabrielp50
December 24th, 2018
They are holding 700+ Euro by force that I've added them in time using PSC.
While I was adding via "Add Balance" they didn't asked me anything,
they accepted my money all good. Once I wanted to order something they
suspended my account and asked me proof or purchase on something that
clearly can be only bought offline via Kiosk & Postal Offices.

Tip for consumers: Never use this platform, you better on G2A

Dear Gabriel,
thank you for voicing your concern.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced in regard to that situation. We care a lot for our customers and do our best to guarantee the safety of all the purchases made in our store. We would like to assure you that our team works hard to clarify the case and our intention is to make sure, that all the transactions are authorized. From time to time it requires additional actions on our end.
We hope that this issue will be resolved quickly and efficiently. Remember, that our support agents are available via LiveChat around the clock and will be more than happy to assist you.
sw232
January 15th, 2019
Bought Win10 software, got a code says it's already used. Total Scam.
The rep was very rude too. Don't use it.
Hello,
thank you for sharing your opinion!
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you might have experienced in regard to the key activation issue and our customer support.
Since we cannot find your order or account, we would like to ask you to provide us with it or contact us again on LiveChat. We will review the case once again and check what we can do to help.
We hope that the case will be clarified soon.
We look forward to hearing from you!
katm71
December 1st, 2018
Brought trend micro , upon trying to activate redirected to some bull$#*! site, they rang to say "my internet was faulty" and i would need to pay $70 to get the trend activated scamming $#*!s , Photo only shows that the code also says expired after going through other ways to activate

Tip for consumers: stay away

Hello Kat,

Please accept our apologies for any issue that you have with the purchased product.
Rest assured, our support team is available 24/7 in order to help you with this matter.
You can contact us either via a ticket message or on LiveChat.

larsd10
November 21st, 2018
Stay away, there are other providers that actually work. This one had me enter steam account details in order to get the key, and the key should have been activated hours before i got it. The game provider ask me to contact the vendor for refund, the vendor will contact the game provider before doing anything. The game is on offer today, and i don't know if i will get a refund or not. Not going back to Kinguin.
Hello Lars,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience encountered and for any issue that you may have had with your purchased product.
Rest assured that we'd love to look into it and help you, in order to do so, however, we'd like to ask you to contact us via LiveChat or even in a private message here.
When provided with your order number, we'll be able to check what has happened and how to remedy this situation.
Remember, we're available 24/7 so you can contact us any time.

ricardos86
October 28th, 2018
Bought a FIFA 19 key 1 month ago, I'm cooperating but they always ask for something more in the hoppe I give up and they try to force me to close the paypal case!!!!!
Dear Ricardo,
we are sorry that you have encountered issues with your key!
We would be grateful if you could provide us with the order number or contact us on LiveChat, we will check the case once again and check for all the possibilities. We would like to assure you that the case will be resolved and that our team will make their best to compensate you for the inconvenience.
We hope to hear from you soon!
justinj83
October 5th, 2018
Bought two windows 10 keys, both were invalid. Contacted the support and they gave me hard time. I will not recommend these scammers to anyone
Hello Justin,
Thank you for sharing a few words about your latest purchase.
We would like to assure you our goal is always to help our customer, we understand that sometimes it may seem tedious but we always have the best solution for you in mind.
As such we'd like to ask you if it's possible that you contact us once again or provide us with an order number so we can review the situation.
Should you have any questions, keep in mind we’re available 24/7, via ticket messages and LiveChat.
fucknoif
September 7th, 2018
These guys are the $#*!ing worst. You buy the protection plan, get a fake key. And after a week of talking to the support and sending over 30 screenshots I still have nothing.
Don't buy games here and if you do, don't waste money on the protection.
Pat from the support chat, you can suck one.
Hello,

Please accept our apologies for the less than ideal experience you had.
Of course, we would like to look into the matter and once more review the case however as you did not provide any information which we can use, we can't find your order in our system.
Should you like, you can contact us on LiveChat (available 24/7) and we will look into the issue.

crystald92
September 5th, 2018
Be very sure of what you buy because the prices are nice but the descriptions regarding language may be unclear and the staff are not nice to deal with. I'm not sure I ever want to shop there again but who knows...
Hello Crystal,

We are very sorry to hear that you are displeased with our Customer Service. We do everything in our power to provide you with the best experience and appropriate descriptions. Therefore, we would be grateful if you could tell us more about the encountered issue. Is there any specific product that turned out to be troublesome? We appreciate every feedback!

Best regards
Ewa
panagiotist2
October 5th, 2018
If you set your account as business account they will not ask for any documentation. After you make an order and ask for invoice they will tell you to send the documentation but they will not say you from the beginning that the specific order will have an invoice and when you ask them for the invoice they will telll you "oh im sorry the invoice will be available only from future orders"
bad bad support....
Dear Panagiotis,
We're sorry to hear that you are satisfied with your recent experience with our store.
We would like to inform you that documentation is not a requirement to have a business account.
Said documentation becomes a requirement when further business interaction is necessary.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us through the ticket system or LiveChat (available 24/7).
chrisd480
October 17th, 2018
Kinguin ripped me off. I bought a game, with buyer protection. They refused to give me my money back
Dear Chris,
thank you for your review. We are very sorry that there is any issue with your game. We would like to check all the details and help.
Unfortunately we cannot track you in our system. Hence, we would like to ask you to contact us on LiveChat and explain the issue, we will be glad to assist.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
seddikim
September 20th, 2018
worst site asked for tons of info then closed ticket without explanation beware when sending your info to this site g2a is 100 better you just register and you can start selling
edit : yeah of course after all the info i gave i had to use the gdpr to force you to delete everything and im not sure you did you still left me waiting a few days who knows if you sold the data to some company before deleting it
Dear Seddiki,
thank you very much for reaching out to us in regard to that inconvenience.
We are sorry that you are not satisfied with how the case was handled. Unfortunately we were not able to track you in our system. Since we wold like to review the case and check what went wrong, we would like to ask you to contact us on LiveChat (we are available 24/7).
We hope to hear from you soon!
clintonj18
September 29th, 2018
Had to confirm my identity by sending ID when I used CRYPTO CURRENCY PAYMENT

BULL$#*!, no further explanation from support agent. No details were provided
Dear Clinton,
Thank you for sharing a few words regarding your latest purchase.
We would like to point out that like many stores, in some cases we have to verify some details before an order is completed.
That is done to prevent any form of fraud against your account, we value our customer's security quite highly.
Cryptocurrency is treated by us as simply another payment method and that is why in some cases, verification occurs.
It is our hope that this answers your questions and that perhaps you will visit Kinguin again in the future.
Should you have any further questions, remember that we're at your disposal 24/7, be it through the ticket system as well as LiveChat.
matthewm385
September 13th, 2018
So I recently bought a Windows 10 key off of Kinguin, but I got a Windows 7 key. I tried to request a refund, but they haven't even done anything yet. This was on Saturday, September eighth, and it's Thursday, September 13 (2018)
Hello Matthew,

Sorry to hear that your experience with Kinguin has not been a completely positive one.
Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your purchase in our database, rest assured, we will be more than happy to look into the problem and provide you with an appropriate solution.
In order to do so, however, we would like to ask you to provide us with an order number or ticket ID so we can review the situation.
Keep in mind that we are available on LiveChat where you can contact us at your earliest convenience as we are available 24/7.

tomie
August 28th, 2018
Got a few games and they worked alright. Then I bought a game and the key was already used. I posted everything to prove I was scammed and still got no refund or new key. Avoid this site.
Dear Tomi,
thank you for sharing you opinion!
We are dealing with high traffic at last days so we may respond with some delays and we are very sorry for that!
For that reasons we invite you to contact us on LiveChat. We will do our best to assist!
We hope that the case will be clarified soon!
dominicf22
August 14th, 2018
I bought an old game that had no one playing online. This was my fault and I requested a refund within the next day of purchasing. A purchase of only $13.69, seems small enough to refund, even with their buyer protection plan. NO action was done by the support agent to keep me as a customer.
Hello,
We're very sorry for the experience you had.
Unfortunately we were unable to track down the case with the information you had provided. Therefore we kindly ask you to contact us on LiveChat or through our ticketing system.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Hans
primei1
May 6th, 2018
I had an absolute nightmare of an experience with this company. I purchased a NVIDIA GEFORCE NOW code, and when I tried to redeem it, the code had already been used. I've had to talk to 5 different customer representatives and none of them have done a single thing to help. At this point I'm at the final option of disputing the payments through my bank since Kinguin has been utterly insufferable in trying to help me. Pathetic company with terrible practices, wont be using them again. So much for their added "buyer protection" that doesn't do a goddamn thing.
Hello,
thank you for your review.
We apologise for any issues you had encountered.
Please be informed that we are already contacted you in this regard via our ticketing system. Rest assured that we would like to help you resolve this issue.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Hans
joshh149
June 19th, 2018
They want you to take the fall and will never refund you. Only offer to resell it and give you the money.
Dear Josh,

We are sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied by your last experience with our store.
Since you didn't provide any specifics, unfortunately, we weren't able to find your order or account. If you could provide us with an order number, rest assured, we would look into this matter to see what more can be done to make this inconvenient situation more bearable for you.
Our team is at your disposal and we are available both through tickets and our LiveChat. You can contact us at any given time and at your earliest convenience as we are online 24/7.

Pat

Hello! The key for Sid Meier's Civilization V or IV may be used in Steam Client. The activation details are provided in all product pages https://www.kinguin.net/category/4906/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-complete-edition-steam-key/#activation-details. In case of any issues with the products, please contact us and we will help you. Best regards Kinguin Customer Support

By John S.,