JustFab CA

JustFab CA has a consumer rating of 2.12 stars from 43 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. JustFab CA also ranks 43rd among Subscription Shopping sites. The most common issues with JustFab CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• My problems lie other fine print issues and lack of customer service.
  • I immediately called my credit card company to report the issue.
How would you rate JustFab CA?

“I'm impressed!!”

A S.
9/3/16

I had a couple issues with my item not being in stock after paying for it. They had no issue crediting back my card and paid for delivery on my next items. If you call in and be kind to them, they're more than willing to work with you. And this thing about them scamming you?! Don't you read something when you're setting it up? It tells you as you go along how the site works. It also sends reminder emails at the beginning of the month to skip or buy. Also, it says right on the website that you must CALL to cancel your membership, not email or chat. It says CALL and it provides the toll free number.

“What happened???”

Suzanne W.
1/24/19

I used to use just fab all the time a few years ago with no issue. The price was what is was $39.99 or less depending on the item. I have bought about 10 pairs of shoes collectively through the site and 5 bags. I ended up canceling my account years ago and getting a new one recently. I purchased a pair of shoes through my new membership and I was shocked to see that I was charged almost $70 instead of $39.99 that it said on the site...come to find out that just fab Canada charges you in American dollars instead of Canadian dollars which makes absolutely NO SENSE at all. Why have a Canadian site if your going to charge in American dollars. Well I decided to cancel my membership, I spoke to a representative and canceled. All of a sudden I see money missing from my account in the summer of $60 I called canceled and got a refund. Then the next month the same thing. This end up happening for 4 months straight. Until I asked to speak with someone a little higher than their call center representatives and canceled for good. I will never buy anything from this place again which is too bad because they have really cute, good quality shoes.

customer service (8) credit card (13) store credit (6) vip member (9) money (15) month (27)
jocelynf12
February 12th, 2020
The boots I bought fit well and with the discount I felt I got my money's worth. However they do sign you up automatically for a monthly VIP membership which charged my credit card $55 dollars ($40US)

I am positive I "skipped the month" however it showed up on my credit card statement but hasn't showed up in my account on their website.

I have tried contacting them and nothing yet so far all the chat options just give you a robot response.
alyssab79
October 28th, 2019
Started a return with this company due to bad sizing on my shoes, seemed easy enough, got a label, sent package. However this package was rejected by JustFab themselves and now I've been talking to someone for over an hour to get this figured out and I'm just getting the run around. What a waste of time and my money. Will NEVER use this company again.
lyndseyj
September 17th, 2018
I had gained weight from having a baby and was really looking forward to feeling great in new clothes. I used the size chart on the website to make sure I got the right fit. Usually I'm a large maybe extra large on some things. The site was telling me to buy XXL which I was shocked but wanted to find a comfortable wear. The clothes were so big on me. I'm so disappointed and everything looks so baggy. I heard exchanging is difficult with this site so not even sure I'm gonna bother with it. Just won't order again.
candaceb36
July 31st, 2018
Like most of the comments, I was signed up for VIP without knowing. They have been taking the money off my card. When I try and use this "banked" money I have no option too. I can't even find something to buy because everything I click on won't let me choose a size. I am extremely unhappy with the customer service, the live chat doesn't work. If anyone was successful at getting their money back please tell me how you did it.
korreyl
January 29th, 2018
• Updated review
I stopped shopping on Justfab dot ca last year, right after I skipped the month, and they stole their "monthly fee" from my bank account without so much as a notice saying that their "skip the month" feature wasn't working.
Thanks to this mess up, I had to cancel my existing bank card I used on their site, and get another one.
I will no longer be shopping on this site, as they not only stole "x" amount from my bank account, but because of the fluctuating dollar to loonie price, I wasn't given the amount they had stolen, back, I was given less.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware: the sizes are WAY off, and the "skip the month" feature doesn't always work, resulting in Justfab hitting your bank account without your knowledge or consent!

Good so far!
October 29th, 2015
• Previous review
I have been a customer of JustFab for almost a year now, and have only bought a few items. I order from JustFab.ca so I don't have to pay shipping to Canada, or duty.
Skipping every month is not a problem for me, as I do that on the first of every month. I have never had a problem with this company yet, although I have never tried to return anything, or get a refund.
Be aware that not all their sizes are accurate: even though they have measurements included, they are off by some. (I.E. a pair of size 11 boots with a calf circumference of 17cm is not really 17cm. It is slightly smaller. As is a large top: fits like a medium.) Make sure you do manual measurements and add a bit for comfort and stretch.
Yes, I do know they have a $6 re-stocking fee, yes I do know you must skip by the fifth of every month or be charged $39.95USD.
I feel bad for those people who do not read all the writing on the wall before they order: must make life interesting for them!
I have recommended JustFab to all my friends and family, it is an amazing shopping experience with great value for your money. Just remember to read ALL the fine print before you buy, just like you would everywhere else!
elizabeths236
November 3rd, 2017
My first purchase was said to be 2 for $39.99 but what it doesnt say is that its site is Canadian but their prices are in USD
Makes zero sense. My total of my first purchase with the company came to $65.00 instead of the promised $39.99 that I signed on for! Not happy at all
erint36
May 21st, 2017
This site is AWFUL! They make it seem like you are getting a great deal when you purchase and automatically enter you into their VIP program in order to get a better deal - I bought a $9 pair of shoes. They continue to charge your credit card $39 a month and since im Canadian i was charged $56 for the "membership charge". They told me you have to skip this every month within the first 5 days or else you will be charged. They know very well that noone will remember to do this and are stealing money from people. This is CRAZY noone buy from this store. P.s the $9 shoes make my feet bleed.
margotv2
April 10th, 2017
The deal I saw on facebook is great, and I did get a lovely pair of shoes for £8.99. However, I called to cancel my account twice, they told me they had, but I still got charged £35 for two months in a row! I felt so scammed! Ive had £70 taken out of my account without my permission, when i clearly asked for it to get cancelled. Do not like this site at all. I dont trust it
bevr13
March 31st, 2017
I have made several purchases and am fairly satisfied with the quality of the items for the price. I have made 2 returns, (free) and my account was credited right away. However, I am a little disappointed that the "credits" that build on your VIP account if you forget to skip a month, cannot be used to purchase anything that is a special promo or sale item.
magalil1
April 9th, 2017
Poor quality shoes, if you don't skip, you are going to be charged each month. But when you buy with your credits, you still got taxes and shipping to pay. So in total, basic sandals cost me like 70$ CAD. Totally not worth it, but I paid it just to close my account.
donnab165
January 6th, 2017
Selling in US dollars on a Canadian domain name is confusing at best and deceptive at worst... I was about to order when I realized this. I thought that in order to register a Canadian domain name your business had to be in Canada or based in Canada or at least sell in Canadian dollars!!??!!
laurab199
October 25th, 2016
I sent a pr of Freeha boots size"10 back because they were way too narrow ,so I called too .I told the operater to change the size. I also changed the size on my profile. Nothing changed!! so Im stuck with the same size boots & can't wear them .This is crazy !
wendyr44
September 21st, 2016
I'm a new VIP Member and my first purchase was a timed purchase so I ordered the Evanora boot. I love them so much!! They are adorable on. I will definitely be ordering more from justfab. thank you so much
Wendy Roberts
I have two friends, Kelly Quinton and Amber Woelfle from Ontario who will be ordering. I hope they are added to my referral list.
kandyceb1
May 26th, 2015
I don't understand all the negative reviews. My experience with site has been nothing but positive. Yes u are charged monthly as a VIP member however u can opt to skip the month and receive a credit. If u don't want to bother to call customer care to cancel vip status then cancel your card with your credit card company

Tip for consumers: quality goods at a affordable price

karena40
February 6th, 2015
How are companies like this still operating? They rob your bank account or credit card of money they had NO PERMISSION TO TAKE!!!! VIP A count my ass, they are simply stealing and getting away with it!
....and the only reason there are stats for ratings is because you can't submit your comment without checking at least one star....so another scam?

Tip for consumers: JUST DO NOT USE IT.....PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

cathyc35
February 5th, 2015
Just got my shoes and purse today....LOVE LOVE LOVE...purse was bigger then expected which was a bonus, great lining and compartments, can't wait for spring...my boots were exactly as pictured on the website, my only complaint was a notice put up for Canadian buyers that they would be charging us in U.S dollars. very disappointing.

Tip for consumers: If you opt for the VIP memebership it works much like a shoe of the month club, if you dont click the not this month button you credit card will be charged 39.95...you can if you want bank those and shop at your convienence.

christinew27
December 22nd, 2014
Bout a pair of boots and I just lve them I was so impressed with the deliver time and the quality of the boots and a pair of diamond hoops & a bracelet too like I mentioned good quality I'll have them for a long time. Cant waut to shop and order more of Justfab.ca

Christine Wynne
maffyl
February 8th, 2014
JustFab is just simply fabulous. They are not a scam as what others kept on saying. Yes, they do charge your card $39.95 a month, but you have the choice of "skipping the month" so they won't charge you, but if you forget, too bad. But you can still use it since it becomes a store credit. What you can do is, you can probably change your card details. Change it to a card that has nothing in it so they cannot take anything from it.

I love all my purchases from them. The quality is actually good. A lot of people buy from them. Love them!! :)
cb50
November 5th, 2013
They charge you $40 a month, whether you buy anything or not. I tried to cancel on the website after I bought my half price pair of shoes in Sept. In Oct I was charged the monthly fee.

I just had a VERY lengthy and heated discussion on the phone with them. They kept trying to sell me on keeping the membership, tried to tell me I could cancel anytime on the website (tried that twice already with no luck), told me I should have received notification emails (didn't get anything). Finally after threatening to report them for fraud and to file a dispute with my CC, they offered to fully cancel my membership and refund the charges.

I immediately called my credit card company to report the issue. I told them that they promised to refund me and stop payments, but that I don't trust them. The CC said they will keep an eye on the account.
sashap3
January 31st, 2014
I've been buying from Just fab for just over a year now. There quality is pretty good. The $40 price for everything isn't really a great deal, because you can find some great stores in Canada, that have shoes for $25-$40. What I like is that there is no hassle to return items for whatever reason you don't like them. I usually get a store credit, to avoid the restocking fee for a refund. I like there pumps, because their boots [shaft] are always too big for my skinny legs. I don't think jewellery is worth buying from their site, for price to quality reasons. And I did not like the quality or fit of their jeans and shorts. Their customer service is good. I've had both good and bad experiences with them. I will be discontinuing my membership with them in the near future,
theresaa10
February 23rd, 2014
I purchased one time from this company, which was six months ago. My credit card was pretty much at it's limit. As soon as i got it cleared up, they blasted me with a $39.95 charge. I disputed the charge with my cr crd company and then contacted Just Fab. They tried talking me into staying, I refused. They tried pushing the just skip, I refused. I said to the customer service rep, just cancel this, get this off my credit card. Was then told oh, as a vip member, we can void one transaction, but we are going to put a credit into your account for the $39.95. I said no, cancel, I won't buy ever again from you, I don't want a credit in my account, just credit my cr crd. SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!!! DON'T EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!
justinem1
May 21st, 2014
DON'T EVER SHOP HERE!

The site doesn't even deserve a single-star rating.

Unlike some of the other reviews, I knew about the VIP Membership conditions of JustFab. My problems lie other fine print issues and lack of customer service.

I signed up about two weeks ago. For my first purchase, I was given 50% off one pair of shoes. There was also a BOGO sale going on at the time. I decided on three pairs of shoes.When I received them, all three pairs fit extremely poorly (one too big, one too small and one with a very strange fitting ankle strap). I wrote a review on one of the pairs saying I would need to return them.

The next day I received an email from JustFab addressed to "JustFab Member". It said that because the shoes were BOGO, they were not eligible for an exchange or refund. Nothing once came up during my order process to notify me of a final sale. I reviewed my order, along with all the main sections on the website and the page I got with the order, and NOTHING said that there were restrictions on refund policies.

I emailed them back saying that these unpublished restrictions were unacceptable. They emailed me back telling me they couldn't resolve the situation without me calling.

I called the next day and the woman on the phone again insisted that their policy was no refunds on BOGO. I said that this was not published anywhere and that I wouldn't have bought shoes from the site if that was the case as I had no idea how they would fit. She quickly said that because I was a first-time customer, they would offer a one-time refund for my shoes.

She kept insisting on a store credit. I kept insisting on a straight refund to my credit card because I still wasn't sure what sizes would be appropriate for me. One second she would acknowledge that I wanted a full refund and the next she would tell me she was going to process my store credit. When I final got frustrated and insisted on a refund, she said that that would be fine but there would be a $6 restocking fee. I again checked my order confirmation, the main parts of the website and the Order Info Slip in my package. The words "free and easy refund" were used four times on the slip alone... nowhere did it mention a restocking fee. I explained that I worked in public relations and that the company's lack of transparency is ridiculous. She finally agreed to wave the fee (though I haven't received the refund yet so we'll see).

I then asked to cancel my account as I was severely unhappy with the overall experience. She kept redundantly telling me about all the perks I would lose. When I said I didn't care, she just kept repeating herself. I finally insisted that she cancel my account and she claimed to have cancel it. She kept repeating "I'm soooo sad to see you go" over and over again. Then she finally ended the conversation with a plug to not forget to check them out on YouTube! How ridiculous.

I insisted on receiving a confirmation email for both my refund and my cancellation.

Once I was off the phone, I looked at more of the fine print on the website, I found a small section buried among statements about free returns that *some* promotion items weren't eligible for refunds. There was also a tiny section saying the returns were free save for a $6 restocking fee....

Regardless of it this website is fraudulent or not, their lack of transparency and poor customer service are reason enough not to shop with them. Save your time and money and hit the shoe stores in the mall!
vanessan6
January 12th, 2015
If I could give this site no stars I would! This website is a scam. They start out by offering a low cost pair of shoes. Which in actuality, were pretty decent quality. However, to get this deal you need to sign up for a subscription and give them your credit card. If you don't hit a "skip this month" button before the 5th of each month, you will be charged almost $40/month for nothing. If you try to cancel your account, you can only do so by calling despite them having an e-mail address and online chat. The wait time for the call center is upwards of two hours, which can be impossible.

Unless you can remember to log in every single month to hit the skip button, don't use this website. You will literally be throwing money away and dealing with TERRIBLE costumer service.

I have heard the service for everything (returns, inquiries, etc.) are all terrible.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

alexandrucezarm
February 19th, 2015
2 and a half years ago (27 months) I decided to buy my wife a pair of boots from this JUST FAB website and i did the regular checkout without noticing any subscription that I was registering for.

The boots were fine and for 27 months I completely forgot that the website existed, until 2 days ago when I checked my credit card statement for the first time. I noticed recurring statements for the entire period. After some investigation, I realized that I have been paying 1100 $ for a women’s fashion subscription. As a guy, I find this quite pointless and I have had no use for this “service”(39.95$/month) except for the initial purchase, at which point I was not aware of said service.

I realized how much of a scam this company really is for regular web users. Back in 2012, the website looked different from what it looks now, but I guess not by much. I talked on the phone for 20 hours straight with the Philipino customer reps/ call center fashion experts and I was getting a lot of contradicting information regarding what I would get refunded. Initially they said I would be able to refund only 9 months(maximum allowable) of the service and then the same guy said 10. 1st LIE.
Later I got hold of Rose who managed to raise that already maximized number to 14 months in instant refund in my visa and the remainder of 13 as a check that shall be delivered to my door in 8 to 11 weeks. How much can this really take? There is no such thing as half admission of guilt. By refunding me some money, they admitted THEFT. After asking numerous times to talk to someone in charge, they passed me from one employee to another contradicting everything the previous reps said.

After my entire experience with JustFab I don’t feel comfortable receiving a part refund in form of a cheque for several reasons:
- I do not trust this company or anyone working for them
- From my professional experience in the field of payment portals I know for a fact that they are not allowed by VISA to refund a disputed item after more than 4 months(120 days), hence they are now defrauding the dedicated payment channels
- I do not have any security that if they send a letter allegedly containing a cheque, the cheque will be there.
- I have decided to build a payment platform just for them to refund my money using channels that check for fraud prevention, but they didn’t want to hear about it.
- Last but not least it is JustFab’s policy to not accept cheques as a method of payment, as such I shall not accept what they consider a substandard method of money delivery.

We are talking here about thieves stealing over 1100 dollars. Their only place is either in jail or out of business.
After this whole day, their javascript on the site’s billing page has crashed and will not show me any of the items in the list, because it was not loading an asset stored in an amazon bucket, behind a cloudflare CDN proxy. You guys should check the settings on those buckets and make sure your assets have public permissions(403 HTTP error).

Do not believe anything that the fashion gurus tell you they are lying as to the various “company policies”. The only company policy in use is to steal, to avoid any refunds if possible and to not admit any wrongdoing(clearly http://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsroom/newsreleases/Pages/NRA2014/Online-Fashion-Retailer-Pays-Over-$1-8-Million-to-Settle-Consumer-Protection-Lawsuit-For-Misleading-Advertising.aspx). The fact that they agreed a refund is an admission of theft/roberry/larceny/stealing.

My complaint: I was promised 14 months refunded on my card and 13 on a cheque. I have no way of checking in the card refunds are being processed for now. I have no way of knowing the cheque will ever be written and sent; just like a lot of people here received empty packages.

My desire: I want to be refunded in full, using a third party(escrow) that will guarantee that they received the money and then I want to have that money delivered to me by the third party. For this purpose I have created a payment gateway just so that JustFab can deliver the money(using Stripe https://stripe.com as an escrow service); I do not trust this company. They are a bunch of liars.
caseym17
February 28th, 2015
I tried out JustFab for the first time last year and it seems to be okaaaaay for a subscription based company. I don't normally like the subscription based sites due to the fact that you are required to sign in every month to "skip the month" in order for you to avoid unwanted charges to your credit card. To be fair they do tell you this in the subscription details on their sign up page if you take the effort to read it. This is a sure way to make many consumers angry as we all have full time lives and might not remember to sign in and skip the month especially when they refuse to refund your credit card but give you an in-store credit instead. Alright fine... I'm still getting something for my money, it's not the end of the world. However, that being said I feel then that I am required to find something to use up the credit. But I have discovered that I don't actually like many of their products. I find them to be of low quality, made with synthetic non-durable materials. I have found the same type of product at the junior retailer Stitches or Forever21 and then I can have them without the shipping charges and exchange rate! Not only that but when I don't like the product the shipping costs of sending it back are often more than the product will be worth :( Out of all the orders I've made so far from JustFab I've only kept one pair of boots because the style was so different, I gave the rest away. I haven't had any real problems with their customer service, any representatives I had correspondence with were polite and reasonable. I know lots of other people really enjoy the company and their products, but personally I don't think JustFab will be worth my time in the future.

Tip for consumers: Check out your local Giant Tiger or Forver21 or Stitches store before you buy products from here. Same quality and often the same styles for a better price.

There might have been an "offer code" included somewhere in the email (it might have looked something like "firstorder75" or something of the like) which you would have had to key in during the checkout process. If there was no promo code, I'm really not sure what went wrong. The only thing I can suggest is reading the initial email over again carefully and if you didn't miss anything maybe contact customer support. Sorry, I wish I could have been more helpful. Good luck!

By Hailey G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the JustFab CA staff and other customers.

Find us on other social networks: Twitter: http://twitter.com/justfabonline Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/justfabonline Youtube: http://youtube.com/JustFab Instagram: http://instagram.com/justfabonline Tumblr: http://justfabonline.tumblr.com...

Business History

JustFab (www.JustFab.com) is the leading fashion-subscription eCommerce site and fashion brand that offers members a customized online shopping experience. With over 15 million members worldwide, JustFab offers on-trend and high quality styles for an affordable price. Members of JustFab have exclusive access to special offers, content and a personalized selection of styles. There is no commitment to purchase every month.

VIP members can use the “Skip the Month” feature between the 1st and 5th of every month and will not have to purchase an item or credit. VIP members who do not skip the month will receive a JustFab credit of $39.95 that they can use whenever they want. At mostly $39.95 an item for VIP members, JustFab offers high-fashion looks at affordable prices and shipping is free for all orders over $39.95.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JustFab CA?

Have a question about JustFab CA?