Review of Jos A. Bank

Tel: 1-800-285-2265
located@josbank.com

johnh1849
11/13/18

We ordered my suit 1-1/2 weeks before my Dad's funeral, got fitted, assured it would be ready for visitation. We picked up the suit- did not fit at all, way too small despite being measured. We returned the suit and were told they fitted me for a Fitted Suit and I needed a Traditional Suit6. Store manager assured us the correct suit would be in within 2weeks. We called 3x, went to Store 6 weeks later (as no one called that the suit was ordered)-- no suit. Store manager assured us that the correctly tailored Traditional suit would be FedEx'd to us within in 2 weeks. 2-1/2 months later, the suit appeared on our doorstep--- same original suit, still doesn't fit. Very poor service.

richarda90
5/8/18

It took over 1/2 to figure out how to order. I asked an associate through chat and he quoted me incorrect information -- with attitude no less. Then, didn't apologize when I proved he was incorrect about what they carry. Hmmmm.... A good re-design and A.I. interface is in order, and the online sales staff are confusing and disjointed.

mannyh1
1/7/18

How would you feel if you sent a review of a product, JAB did not publish it and you received a note back addressing you (me) as "Richard head"??????? Would you ever shop there again? Would you ever recommend JAB to anyone. Me neither.

I have it in writing. I gave them two stars for the product and made suggestions on what to do better. but............ any criticism reveals their lack of a spine

JAB can kiss my business g'bye. Now that is customer service, eh?.......... you can bet you can believe the reviews of their products.

jamesf224
9/13/17

Recently purchased two suits from Jos A. Banks at a great discount price. The suits were tailed fitted and of good quality. They will of course look good on me. I will be looking to purchase a few more in the coming months. Keep those sales coming Jos A, Banks!

waynem96
6/10/17

I've not shopped JAB before so my stock in my experience really holds no expert review. The salesperson that I dealt with in selling me two suits was pretty good. He seemed to be interested in my best interests so I took a chance and bought two suits (of which one was "free"). I felt a little pressure when in the end he had laid out for me shirts, ties, socks, etc. All of which I never asked for and I made it clear that I was in this just for the suits. So...when you go in be ready for the "extra" sales pitch for more than you want or need. Pick up on the suits were timely. However, when I picked them up, all sales people disappeared. I've purchased suits from different tailors in the past but only this once was I left on my own to accept the final product. I had to go to the mirror, check out the fit, make any site seen evaluations, and not a word from them on the appearance. That shocked me! Typically, a sales person will dote over you when you've spent nearly $1000.00 to make sure you are satisfied and all alterations came back the right way. Time will tell how the quality of the material holds out. In the mean time, I will not be back to JAB to purchase any clothing in the future. Hope this helps others to see how important you are to their clientele.

carolc108
4/6/17

My husband used to buy most of his clothes at Joseph Bank. The quality USED to be very good. Recently he bought two pairs of pants that the regular price was around $90 . Brought them home to compare to his older pants from Joseph Bank.....what total c rap!!!! The fabric was cheap....the seams were terrible.....well,I guess this is what you get when it is m are in Malaysia.And when he was in the store i was looking at plaid shirts. I would have flunked Home Ec in. High school if i had done suc h a bad job of matching the plaids. I think we would have done better shopping at Walmart. Do you even have someone working in Quality Control???? Goodbye!!!!!!

bobv19
1/16/17

Has a difficult to navigate website (I don't care how many colors you sell; I only care those in MY SIZE).

Shipping takes a long time (>1 week) and a return I sent back was lost. Since they do not provide tracking numbers, it appeared that I was going to be out the price of a shirt. 1 month later, I have yet to receive a refund (the shirt was incorrectly described).

Lastly, a review I provided was returned unpublished. Why? "Did not meet our website guidelines".

keving119
11/25/16

I have been a loyal customer for a number of years but my last few on line orders have been handle poorly. In a couple cases the suits were not complete (buttons not attached as sleeve seams not finished). In the last two I paid for 2 business day shipping and watched them take over a week for shipping day notification (not order but the day the told me they shipped) to get here. I contacted them via their site and got no response. Asked for refund of shipping but still no word. It is a shame that the service has deteriorated so much. Used to think they were a 4-5 star company.

louisf30
10/3/16

I've washed my "Traveler's Collection" shirts many times and even I'm amazed that they keep their color, are ready to wear right after you let them air dry. Absolutely a great shirt....!!

stuarti1
5/9/16

When you walk into a store with no customers and 3 employees, you'd think at least one of the employees would stop talking to the other two and ask if they could help you. I would have bought a suite, probably 2 shirts, and a tie. Instead, I'll end up somewhere else. They must not work on commission and business must be good. Apparently, they don't need mine!

andrews179
1/16/16

Jos. A Bank provides good to excellent quality men's clothing (at least in more expensive level suits/jackets/shirts, etc.) at very reasonable prices. Certainly, Bank's clothing is the equal of that at Nordstrom's or Macy's.

johnh287
8/5/15

I had been a loyal customer of Jos A Bank Clothing, having spent thousands of dollars; but after a recent experience, NEVER AGAIN. Supposedly due to (an incompetent) update of their website, while I was shopping they lost the contents of my shopping cart totaling 30+ items and more than $1500. Worse, they managed to delete my wishlist, which prevented me from recreating the cart. The wishlist was compiled over months of perusing the website. But wait! They also lost my purchase/order history. And deleted my saved credit card info (now, where did THAT go, I wonder?). For those of you who aren't familiar with Jos Bank, their sales change almost daily. I had been waiting for the perfect storm of clearance plus an extra 50% off, with my other items on special. BECAUSE *THEY* DELETED MY CART, I missed the sale. Completely. I got a grudging "we're sorry...but items in your cart must be purchased at the time of the sale to receive the discounts". Well...DUH...but THEY deleted my cart (oh, and don't forget, my wishlist went *poof!* as well), within an hour of the end of the sale, preventing me from making the purchase. I emailed twice. I never heard back. I had two fruitless live chats with customer service (???) reps. To be *fair*, I was offered a $25 discount....on $1500. Oh, wait, it was probably more like $25 off $2500...since I missed the sale due to THEIR incompetent IT crew.

I didn't take them up on the offer.

***UPDATE: Five business days after my first email to JosBanks and still no reply. I can see they are highly concerned with customer service (and their reputation).

johnb333
10/31/14

I used to be a big fan of JOS A Bank, but their online order process sucks.

I placed an order in June, apparently they had few of the items out of stocks, they sent me couple of emails ( until August ), and kept updating me ever week or so that the orders will be mailed in a future date.

When I called, they check the order, their realized the problem wasn't that items are out of stock but actually they had an issue in processing my card ( it has the correct information ) but they not sure why the process didn't go through, they tried once more and it worked. They didn't even apologized for the problem and the fact that nobody contact me. Most of my orders didn't arrive until September. Not happy with their shipping or lousy customer support performance.

mannyh
5/1/14

This site proves to be very confusing in their navigation, filtering and general experience.

Are there deals to be had here? Yes. Just takes a few times to learn to use their technology.

I have also had difficulty with using their sale codes on occasion.

Beware however, they are a SERIOUS user of re-marketing ads on other websites, so if you click on that polo shirt and decide to not buy it, it will follow you for days by their ads on other sites.

Site takes patience I guess.

neilm7
11/9/11

It is a bit difficult to truly distinguish differences between suit style, color and cut on the site. Some ability to select products and compare them would be good. Also they tend to have no correlation between your purchase trends on the site and the mailings you receive. It would be good if they could leverage some of that to make the discounts / special offers more targeted.

The pros are that they have terrific customer service and fulfillment so I would recommend using this site to purchase.

solb1
9/6/11

First my credentials: I have spent way too much money on clothing from Jos A Bank. I must have purchased 15+ suits and 50+ shirts from them in the past few years. I think I am addicted.

It's a great place to go for (mostly) high quality mens clothing at decent prices. They bill themselves as selling super-high quality upscale clothing. The suits and shirts are usually good but not as high-end as they would like the customer to believe.

For those looking to buy a suit I would stay away from the "Executive" lineup as I have found the quality of those to be poor in several cases. Stick with "Signature" or better. I have had mostly good experience with Signature suits.

Non-iron / Wrinkle free shirts - These are their "Traveler's" line. They are average when it comes to non-iron performance. I have seen similar performance from cheaper brands such as JC Penney's Stafford and far better performance from Charles Tyrwhitt (the absolute best non-iron shirts anywhere), and Lord and Taylor's Black Brown brand.

Now for the not-so-good. Their advertising and selling methods are ridiculous. For example the list price on their Signature suits is $795. My average price paid is $145 for these suits. It is in any combination of "Buy X get Y free", Get X% off, Buy a suit get 16 ties, 12 belts, 4 shoes, and a haircut & shave for free. Point is the net price paid for these suits in whatever combination of discounts they offer will always be a similar amount.

As they run through a promotion, the price will decrease (in various iterations and offer types) until it reaches the low end of the range for that product ($143 for Signature and $118 for Executive suits seems to be the low end of the range).

I just wish they would just advertise a price for their product and sell it at that price without making the customer do all sorts of crazy calculations to figure out the price he is paying for the items. Two stars lost for this.

With all of this said, I keep going back to Jos a Bank because the clothing are of good quality and well worth the price paid. I just wait until the suits go to $143 (on sale) and the non-iron shirts go to $19.99 (on clearance) and stock up.

Unfortunately my wife gave me an ultimatum - either my overabundance of shirts went or I went so I had to take a break from buying for a while. Oh well..... ;-Þ

But for those who need good quality men's clothing at good prices, check it out.

5 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Guess what. They saved a buck and squeued you. Banks loves your money , not you.

By Manny H.
Questions? Get answers from the Jos A. Bank staff and other customers.

Jos A. Bank?