Review of JCPenney

rkeller@jcpenney.com
2018 Customer choice award

sylviar29
4/10/17

When your hair salon is empty, your store has few employees to help you and even fewer cash registers, you know that they are in trouble and won't be around long. Quality of products has also declined over the past few years.

cm176
4/6/17

Not sure why JC Penney has any decent reviews to be honest, they completely messed up my entire order and the customer service were the rudest people I have ever encountered. they are some of the stupidest people I've ever talked to in my life I guess that's why their job is answering phones all day and they can't even do that right/correct my order that they messed up. Never in my life have I had this bad of an experience with a company. What a joke I'm surprised they haven't gone out of business

benm119
4/4/17

Prices at JCPenney are way to high. A box of dishes $100 the same exact brand the same exact box at meijers for $60 everyday. A four pack of socks $20 same exact socks at meijers $8.

jeano10
3/29/17

I ordered a bed frame that went on half off a day or so later. I called to cancel or ask for the new price. I was allowed neither. I called again a few days later after I found the price again on line. I was elevated to a supervisor named Mike who told me I already got a good deal(actually, I didn't). He was very argumentative and indicated there were no notes on line about my previous discussion. He eventually told me I could refuse delivery and I wouldn't be charged anything. My husband watched the delivery person punch in the codes that MIke said he would do. Mike also said he would "personally take care" of the return. Well, yesterday I called( has been a couple of weeks) and nothing had been done and no notes were on the screeb(as he had promised). The last person I spoke with gave me her name and worker number(something not mentioned previously).
Whereas the first person said adjustments were made all the time, Mike indicated they never were. When I pointed out the new price and coupon currently advertised for the item I ordered, Mike indicated the coupon was only for bedding. I sat there while we spoke and punched everything in as if I was ordering the bed and guess what? The coupon took!
I can't imagine a supervisor not knowing who coupons work, or not having the intellectual curiosity to do what I did while speaking to him(he declined when I pointed out what I had just did and the coupon worked). He also lied and made no notes on the screen and did not take care of my return.
For a company on life-support, this isn't how you treat people.

lizf25
3/24/17

Jcpenny gave me a credit limit of $500 I have paid them on time every month my credit score hasn't changed since I've gotten the card. Last month I paid $300 on my card today I got a letter saying they lowered my credit limit to $100 because of my credit score, I called and told them that I wanted to cancel my card and they came up with every excuse for me to keep it LOL I will never shop their again the last pair of jeans I got there I wore one time couldn't wear them after I washed them because they ripped and when I called about it the lady said it had to be the agitator in my washer HA i have a front loader think of another excuse!!

cjr10
3/23/17

I purchased wine colored ankle boots in a 5 1/2..they are the correct fit and they are classy & beautiful.

suep69
3/20/17

She was so helpful and pleasant I will be back because of her!!! Made my visit fantastic and easy! Gave me great service and went out of her way to help in anywat she could. I will make sure I find her to hlep me next time I get shoes at Jcpenney in yorktown mall in lombard illinois. Thank you again Laurie

Tip for consumers: Laurie in women's shoes is the best!!!

kesham2
3/19/17

My microwave went out on me so I decided to order a microwave from JCP and immediately they pulled the amount from my PayPal account. On Saturday 3/11 I placed an order for the stainless steel but my husband really liked the black stainless steel. I called an hour later to switch the color and the young lady said I would have to cancel the order and reorder. Since I waited and hour to call she no longer had the ability to cancel the order. She said the department the information gets sent to takes up to 24hrs to show up in there system and since they're closed on Sundays I would have to call on Monday 3/13 to cancel the order. After talking it over with my husband, we really needed a microwave, I didn't want to order another microwave and have 2 pending transactions on my card so I decided to keep the microwave and never called back that Monday to cancel. Plus the microwave was suppose to be delivered 3/15 so trying to cancel on the 13th was cutting it too close for me. 3/14 I call to get a time window for delivery for the next day and they tell me the order had been cancelled. No one notifies me of my order being cancelled no email no nothing. I end up talking to 3 different department with no one having any answers for me on why the order was cancelled and why I wasn't notified. I guess the young lady took it upon herself to cancel the order without notifying me at all. At this time I'm not upset just a little disappointed because now I have to reorder a microwave and wait atleast a week for it to get delivered. An hour later I get a call from the delivery department confirming my delivery with a time frame for an order that was allegedly cancelled. I confirm the delivery and the next morning I get hit with another charge for the same microwave. This charge is just for the microwave itself and not the install and haul away fees. Mind you I still have the other charge pending on my account from 3/11 that includes the microwave, the install and haul away fees. So now theres two fees for the same microwave. The delivery guys show up and measure the old microwave Im replacing. He never removes the microwave and of course didn't haul it a way. He tells me the new microwave wouldn't fit in that spot. He never even removes the new microwave out of the box let alone attempt to install it. He shows me how to measure the microwave so I can get one that fits into the space. They have me sign a yellow piece of paper stating they didnt install the microwave and they're taking the new microwave out the door with them. At this point Im frustrated at myself for assuming that any microwave would fit in the space I have. I take my tape measure and head to JCP so I can measure a microwave before I purchase it. They have the new microwave I bought on display and guess what the microwave measured in length the same exact measurement my old microwave measures out to. Now I'm mad. I call the delivery department and explain to them what happened. She tells me the order had been cancelled so its no way the delivery guys attempted the delivery. I tell her look you guys charged me again this morning for the same microwave, the delivery guys were physically in my house and I have the yellow paper work to prove they left with the microwave. Long story short on that conversation she tells me she can't send them back out because they shouldn't have been out making the delivery in the first place, even though I now have 2 pending transactions for the same microwave the very thing I wanted to avoid in the first place. I call JCP to tell them they need to release my funds. They said its nothing they can do because its still pending that it will fall of on its on. At this point I'm done with JCP I ordered a microwave from homedepot and as long as they release my funds I wasn't going to worry about it any longer. 3/16 I wake up to 2 more pending transactions the delivery fee and the haul away fee (my credit card notifies me of any transactions made on my account). I have a total of 4 pending transactions on my account from JCP on an order that was allegedly cancelled. Now I'm pissed. I have been calling JCP to make sure they don't make any more charges and to try to get them to release the hold they have on my credit card and again theres nothing they can do because its still pending. This morning 3/19 I wake up and one of the charges is no longer pending it has been charged against my credit card and of course theres nothing they can do about it because today is Sunday. I have called my credit card company and they said give it 3 to 5 days to see if JCP will remove the charges on their own then they'll start a claim and I've started a claim through PayPal. Its ashame I have to go through this on an order that everyone says has been cancelled but they keep removing money out of my account for. Buyer beware when with Dealing with this company. I have never in my life experienced anything like this and will never deal with JCP again.

lorib96
3/15/17

I have always gone School shopping here. The kids just Love it here. Great Brand Names. Great Quality and Prices. I always return to shop here.

jessicah146
3/15/17

I will never understand why everyone rioted when they came out with their fair and square, no coupon pricing. One of their basic tees was "fair and square" priced at $6, but everyone insisted on having it priced at $10.99 and then waiting for it to go on sale for $6, instead of just having it cost $6 every day of the year. Silly, silly shoppers.

orlandoc29
3/7/17

es ms somenos no tienes mucha exeriencia que digamos no tienes sera que tienes que practicarlo un poco mas mas mas

elainec49
3/2/17

They cant even replace a pin in a watch that was purchased from their store and you would think that a purchase would be in their computer. Dont buy jewlery from this store everything ive bought from them has been crap. Hurry up and close your doors cause your store sucks!!!

adelitav
3/1/17

I went to their website to buy a dress. I don't shop online often. I hate returning things! I looked at their size guide, chose my measurements and purchased a dress according to their size chart. The dress looked nice on that cute little model.
The dress I got was very good quality. But it didn't look half as good on me as it did in the picture. It hangs everywhere! That's odd because I'm large breasted. It's way longer than in the picture. That's odd because I'm tall.
It's kinda nostalgic when I think about it. My mom used to buy me all my super conservative, oversized clothes from JCPenny.

pattym35
2/28/17

Every year, I order several things from JCP...FROM FURNITURE TO CHRISTMAS GIFTS. I will admit deliveries have come close a couple of times when I needed something by a certain time. But overall, service is great! Rewards are great!

carlosj20
2/23/17

I purchased appliances on their website and the delivery company did not call the night before as usual... When i called in the morning (more than 6 calls and over 3 hrs on the phone, literally) they did not get any solution, they kept me in limbo because somehow my purchase was not in the system of the delivery company.. Most of the time they were arrogant and totally unsympathetic (of course to keep distance from an irrational situation) by the aft they told me that i had to wait between 24 and 48 hrs to see if the "problem" was resolved... And they would decide if return the money or set a delivery date! When i said i wanted to cancel they could not do it until they knew what was their mistake. In addition My credit card had additional charges pending

aishau1
2/20/17

In Little Rock, Arkansas, there exists an AMAZING worker named Kim H. who made my experience at JCPenney absolutely phenomenal. I'd been searching for a coat I fell in love with, and while it was sold out in that store, she helped me to find it online and order it so that I could have it. She even got me the best deal on it. If Kim's boss reads this, please please PLEASE give this woman a raise. She deserves it!!

susans292
2/16/17

I've purchased a couple clothing items on-line from JCP and had them sent to the local store to save some shipping charges. They let me know when the order arrived and exactly where to pick it up in the store. The sales assistant quickly retrieved the item, offered to open it for me to check the contents, and I was on my way. Their system works! Once they even let me know by email when an out-of-stock item that I had looked at was back in stock.

tamelar1
2/14/17

Love penny's but they put you through a lot to use those 10.00 coupons which they don't send them in the mail anymore up your game some customers do notice change

Tamela Rosser

marvia
2/13/17

Had never been their before, but the recent black friday doorbuster sales got me crazy & running to a JCPenny outlet. Got great stuff at great prices!!!

noreena3
2/12/17

Very very slow people working on the return desk. Like trying to punish the customers trying to return merchandise. Poor customer service, rude and arrogant staff. Unfortunate long term member.

donnah126
2/12/17

I have never had a problem with JC Penney online or in-store. They have always been professional and willing to help me find what I am looking for. The store by my home is clean, well maintained and the staff is very willing to help you anyway they are able. Highly recommend.

roseleal
1/30/17

Never have had a problem with JC Penny, either online or in store. I prefer online because there is more stock and better deals but in-store is ok, too. Just more picked over or out of stock items. I just really like JCPenny overall.

danneh
1/20/17

After taking 2 months to receive my bed room furniture I ordered I was promised a $100 gift card for my inconvenience. It has now been 3 months and since I finally received my furniture and I have called on 4 separate occasions, each time I get nothin but attitude and rudeness from the person on the phone and they tell me it's on the way.. I still do not have my gift card till this day....

paulq5
1/20/17

They always have what I need and are always having incredible sales. Their return procedure is easy and quick

kayk23
1/5/17

They might be and if their employees don't improve their customer service skills, they'll be the next on the lay off line. If you want to have a job, keep your employer in business and treat customers with the respect they deserve; we are the source for your food clothing, car , house mtg.; treat us like we matter that much. Customers are loyal to their stores, JCP, has been one of my favorite places to shop anywhere in the US, but if I'm treated like i'm not needed, then i will shop elsewhere as there few people who are glutons for disrespect. With so much competition, even one less loyal shopper means the difference whether there will lay offs for store employees. Don't take for granted there will be another store. For every store you take your bad skills, more lay offs are sure to follow. A loyal customer who is treated like a valued, repected customer, will easily pay more rather than be insulted for a bargain. I was charged twice for rhe same dishwasher, and its been same nightmare continued from before Christmas.

82 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I believe that there is a policy related to coupons. The clerk did look up your. Credit card. If you had been shopping at a grocery without your coupon it would have been the same. It is nice that at times they have made an exception for you which was good customer service on their part. Perhaps you had a new clerk that was still training or very busy. You should not blame the store for one instance with one employee. You also should not expect special treatment just because someone has bent the rules in the past.

By Shirley M.

Questions? Get answers from the JCPenney staff and other customers.

2 Photos for JCPenney