Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

gt68
7/17/19

I tried to place an order, but when I went to register since I do not have a mobile # (along w/20% of the population) they would not allow me to order. In two decades of internet shopping they are the first ever company to require that to order. They don't even allow customers to speak to a person; just chat (I tried it & it was like speaking to a scripted response) or email.

alyaas
7/9/19

I placed an order number 408113578 on 7 April 2019.DHL Call me to pay 555.55$ for customs in Egypt which is cheating and stealing ,of course i refuse to pay.so they want me to pay or they will take my parcel. I toled them to refund, iherb wants to take from my money 305.26$ and then return the rest which is 97$ .this is funny ! You must be kidding .this is an obvious steal .
Why the shippment was not 303.26$ when i placed the order or it subjected to whims not law and standards !?

jimr374
7/8/19

They sent me the wrong stuff. I returned it (drove 10 miles to UPS to fix their mistake before they would do anything) and they promised a refund. Escalated to management, reported to BBB, spoke to one of their "leaders" who has promised for 2 weeks now that he would take care of it...nope. They are a good company until they screw up...they don't know how to fix their mistakes because of the "bots" handling customer service. Dump 'em. Back to Amazon for me.

mohanede2
7/2/19

- They say 2-3 days delivery, but actually all orders takes more than a week even If you loved 2 miles away.
- They don't have customer support phone numbers to call and check your orders.. all done through chat or email :(

I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE

normaa25
6/25/19

I ordered products for my brother and received email that order was placed and an expected delivery date. A few weeks later my brother called asking when will items arrive. I went in my old email and found order to reach out to company. I tried calling to no avail and finally got thru chat. They told me my order was cancelled ( by them) because they needed a bank code of some sort authorizing transaction, no not the 3 digits on back of card. I'm assuming this was because I was shipping to a diff address. They told me to submit this info thru the acct I set up on their site. I went to site and was locked out! I got thru on phone by repeatedly calling. Lady said someone will call you. Someone called and seemed concerned said she'd look into it. I told her I couldn't get into acct to give them info they requested, bty No other on line transaction ever asked for this. So I was treated like a criminal for trying to use my own credit card. Needless to say they NEVER resolved issue. So I went to another vitamin company. I used A1 Supplements for my brother's order. I also use Vitacost and Lucky. No problems there!

elenas111
6/23/19

Had a very disappointing experience ordering liquid Calcium and getting the order where the bottles were smashed and leaked all over other products. iHerb declined the reship of the item telling that "their system doesn't allow to reship one bottle". Awful customer service.

lamiss
6/19/19

I received everything melted like it was left in a n oven and they refused to refund. cheaters and fraudsters. never ordering again. I hope your business goes bankrupt soon

paddyo4
6/14/19

Scam artists, only sorry I didn't read the reviews before ordering. Worse than Ryanair for adding additional costs. Handling fees by DHL are not referenced on the purchase order. I agreed to pay the customs duty. They then blackmail you that if all additional handling fees are not paid, you lose your product.

giog8
6/12/19

Strongly NOT recommend to mess with iherb scammers!
We ordered a bunch of nutritional supplements for our kid that were shipped and are still on hold in customs. The customs representatives requesting the way bill, invoice and customs declaration to be submitted in order to conduct the inspection of the parcel.
After trying to get help from iherb customer service and after several times they tried to shift the responsibility to the logistics company (DHL Express), they sent us reply saying that they "don't provide any import documents for custom clearance as well as they don't keep any documents in their system."
They offered us to contact our local DHL office "to provide the necessary documentation" instead!!!
They offer the client to produce the customs clearance documentation!
They sell the goods, take the money and then just refuse to take any responsibility for what is going to happen to the order! Ridiculous!
The order's value is 250 USD. Paid for nothing in return...
Don't ever mess with those crooks if you value your time and money!

choos
6/6/19

I was unhappy with their promotions that caused only anguish and frustrations. Spoke to three different customer officers and all three did not bother to take any remedial actions and when I said I would like to cancel my order, they practically told me to go ahead'. Never ever will I buy from iHerb again.

nikolasn1
6/5/19

Promo code discount AFE8048 you can use every time
Cheaper then in Uk , add delivery with tax + duties yodel or dhl ,to avoid duties after delivery. Yodel it's little bit cheaper . Delivery takes to Uk about 7-8 days!! So no too long. Always happy , highly recommend!!
Always cheaper in Iherb !!!

georgiaf18
5/28/19

It's been 2 years since I made 2 orders, but I didn't receive anything. I contacted them a year ago and they said they would return the money but till now not even a dollar was returned to my PayPal account. Stay away!!!

jacka183
5/28/19

and its a rip off. run away , do not order any thing from I herb baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad people and service

margott4
5/26/19

They say free shipping on orders of $X dollars. Once you have added all the items to your cart it looks like you have free shipping. Then they take all your contact info (email address etc) and just before purchase the free shipping vanishes. I had more than enough for the free shipping. They are scamming you for email addresses to spam and probably hoping people dont notice the free shipping vanishes in attempt to get extra $$$. Very annoyed. Will not deal with.

elior8
5/25/19

Don't buy anything from them if you live in Europe: you will have many custom's problem, you will receive your stuff more than 3 months later and pay more than you have planned. But they don't tell it to You (and the customer service is very unuseful)

lasv28
5/19/19

I had been a customer of this terrible company for 8 years until they sent me a wrong item among a 7-product order which I order very regularly for some health management remedy.
Goodness Me! Did I get to see the draconian side of this company then!!! They agreed to replace the product when they saw that in 8 years, I had no prior incidence and that I have always ordered very specific brands. However, what a stressful ordeal this was! First of all, there is no telephone number or line to get a real person to deal with their mistake promptly. I had to keep sending text messages and get about 5 to 6 different customer agents reply to the same issue with 5 or 6 different solutions. They did end up sending out the replacement product, but they also made me incur extra punitive UPS brokerage charges and local taxes (order from iHerb USA but was shipping to Canada), all of which I had paid for with my initial order which they messed up! Tried as I could to point this error they initiated to them and why making me pay the UPS charges for their error was unfair and wrong, they kept quoting an "Appalling" 25% shipping Refund to me!!! I couldn't believe what I had 4-5 different customer service Reps write to me over and over again!!! After 8 years of patronage, I came to realise this company is not honest enough to keep its customers. They will PUNISH YOU FOR THEIR MISTAKES! I'm staying away and thankfully have other choices with LuckyVitamins or Vitacost!
Entirely your decision, but I'd seriously think twice before using this company! If for any reason they mess up your order, they'll also bat no eyelid in messing up the clientele relationship you thought you had with them! I learnt that the hard way, even after 8 years with this stressful and irresponsible Management!!!

gabrielb81
5/15/19
• Updated review

After a lot of back and forth, they followed through with their imposed refund, even though I exhaustively said I did not want it and demanded the reshipment of the missing product.
Ultimately, they are trying to compensate for their incompetence and lack of professionalism by flooding review websites with 5-star reviews, which is the lowest move any company can make. If you check other review websites, they are making this a common practice. Already reported on this to Trustpilot twice, but I think anyone with good discernment can clearly see these reviews are fake.

“Wrong item/problematic website/terrible customer service”
5/14/19
• Previous review

FELLOW BUYER BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SERIOUS HEADACHES, EVEN IF YOU NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEM.
Worst customer service ever, bunch of incompetent people who do not even read your messages properly nor take any effort to satisfy your basic rights.Never had problems with them until 2 days ago, after receiving an order placed 8 months after the previous one. That's probably why I did not have problems with this company sooner.

And after doing a short search for reviews on them, I can see that there are plenty of people being screwed by them lately even worse than me. Hence why I had to voice my experience for you all to see how terrible they are and in hope that people will unite maybe even to take a civic legal action against them to hurt them in their pockets (because that's how you truly change companies and then hopefully the competition in the market takes over) for compensation of all of the customers' time wasted in meaningless attempts to rectify problems that are caused by them in the first place and the consequent great amount of distress they impose with their attitude.Finally, I leave here the exact transcript of my formal complaint letter that sent them and that I intend to follow through with further legal action if necessary.

"To whom it may concern
On 07/05/2019, I purchased 2 KAL B12 bottles from au.iHerb.com.When I received the package on Monday 13/05/2019, I opened the box to find that the product I purchased was missing and someone packed 2 boxes of tea instead. If the person had packed a different product of the KAL brand would be understandable, but this is of such an unbelievable, ridiculous incompetence that I don't know how it is even possible. Immediately I took a picture of the open box and the products and then I logged on the au.iHerb.com website to follow the process of requesting the reshipping of the product I ordered. But not only their packing department is incompetent, their web-developers are as well because I tried to submit the request 3 times unsuccessfully (of which I took a screenshot) before I was forced to contact them through their normal contact form to solve the issue, not to mention this is not the first time their problematic website gave me issues to use it.Then, after sending the complaint through their website contact form demanding the reshipment of the correct product, someone named Jonathan A. decided for himself to lodge a refund claim which I never requested and without the GST. He also completely ignored the fact I had already explained that I tried to request the reshipment through the process on their website under my account and told me to follow this process in the future. Furthermore, he said: "we are unable to reship the merchandise as we want to avoid any additional fees or problems with customs that could be incurred when reshipping items." Then, I immediately replied that they in fact are able to reship, not only because they already provide this option, but also because I had already paid the GST fees when I placed the order and whatever extra costs that the reshipment may incur is theirs to cope with because this problem is their fault in the first place. I told in bold letters that I would not order again and reminded them that it is their job to resend it. The next day I receive a reply from Yuka S., who also completely ignored that I had already said I would not order again, saying that I would have to pay for the whole order again to only then receive the refund for the GST, ignoring the fact that I would have to pay for shipping if I was to accept this imposition.

I understand that under the Australian Consumer Law, when I buy products and services they come with automatic guarantees that they will work and do what I asked for.I have the invoice/receipt, the picture of the package and the products I received, the screenshot proving that your website is faulty, and all the emails I exchanged with the incompetent team of customer service.As I said in my last email replying to said Yuka S., this is the very least you can do to fix this problem YOU CAUSED:
1- Cancel the refund process IMMEDIATELY, which I NEVER requested.
2- Issue the RESHIPPING of the 2 KAL B12 bottles that never came in my original order.
3- Send along the label to send back the 2 boxes of tea that I never ordered. (If you carefully read the emails exchanged, you will notice how none of your people even touched on this subject since my first email)
4- Make sure it's not the same incompetent person packing the order to guarantee I will receive what I already paid for.

If you still decide to follow through with this refund, not only you will have to refund the GST fee I paid and you did not include in the refund order, but also a considerable financial compensation for all my time you wasted in trying to solve this and the stress you caused.

If I do not hear from you within 5 working days, I will lodge a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs Victoria and/or report my issue to the ACCC."

sharonj168
5/15/19

Great company. I ordered years ago with no problem and placed an order a few days ago, and it arrived in just a few days. Packed beautifully, and everything in the box was as it should be. I have found some items on their website that no one else carries. iHerb is good!! Their website was tricky, but other than that it was a seamless transaction.

micheleh188
5/15/19

completely underhand company who pose as a UK seller displaying UK sterling prices. It wasn't until I had already checked out and my order was shipped that I got a two week window and then I checked. It took two weeks to finally arrived in the UK only to be stung with import taxes of almost half the cost of the product ordered. I now have to wait several weeks for it to be returned for a refund. I strongly suspect I won't get this either.

amyx5
5/4/19

The problem with iHerb is that they have all these different people handling the same case and all the information the customer sent to the customer care officer previously got lost! I shouldn't be asked to provide the same info again when it's already been sent previously, so my part is done! I don't know what Anzhelik has been doing and now my case comes to another different Customer Care officer! Go ask Anzhelik for the screen shots or check iHerb's database! And for the 3rd time I've asked for an iHerb Contact Number so that I can ring to discuss the issue but iHerb would just ignore my request. Without a contact number, the customer has no where to escalate their case except wasting time going round in circles talking to all these different customer
care officers (without a face / voice except via emails) and keeping repeating the same grief but getting nowhere!!

wendyl164
4/29/19

The worst customer service I have ever occurred, asked for returning one of products and rejected without reason, asked again without response. Terrible customer service.

bobp257
4/28/19

Terrible customer service and most of their products have expired date codes. iHerb is the worst. I will never buy from them again.

carressao
4/18/19

I thought I was going to love iherb. I placed my order and literally 2 hours later it said it shipped. Ontrac was even updated to saying they received the package with my estimated delivery date. Awesome right? Today I was supposed to receive my order and noticed the package said I refused delivery. I finally found out the reason it was a mistake on my end. I reached out to ontrac and they tried to fix it on their end but I tried to contact iherb just in case. 1st there are no phone numbers. The lady on the chat sucked. I was literally chatting with what seemed like a bot for over 20 minutes only to receive a canned response. I don't think I'll be shopping with iherb again. Their customer service sucks.

lelaa2

I give a 1 for the website check-out

vanessad86
4/6/19

*****BUYER BEWARE******
If there was an option to not even have a star I would pick that first and foremost. Where do I start with my experience with iherb? Well let's start from the beginning when I purchased multiple products being sent to Canada. Select Canada as country. Select English as language. Select Canadian funds as currency. Select all the products that I'm looking to buy and listed under Canadian funds. My total is given to me in Canadian funds. Next thing I know is my Visa statement is showing US funds. An $82 difference. Iherb what is the point of me selecting the country I live in with the currency I need if you're going to charge me US funds either way? This is very dishonest and not accurate. I wish I would have read online reviews before purchasing with this company. As I can see from many other reviews this is an ongoing occurrence. I then reached out to them via email to see what they could do to help me fix this problem. I got the same response over and over again "sorry this happened, sorry for this inconvenience " no indication that they wanted to help me get my money back. No other Solutions. No other customer service ways of potentially offering me something off my next order or returning any type of money to me for the difference of the exchange and the mistake from their website. I have screenshots of my order showing that my order was in Canadian funds. I have a screenshot of my bank account showing the $82 difference coming up as US funds.

To summarize my experience... I ordered products assuming that they were being sent to Canada with Canadian funds with a Canadian address but yet still charged US funds. Connecting with the company to see how they could help me... Ended with them basically telling me that they would pass this along to better improve the next experience? Not sure how that's helpful to me. I will now be taking my experience to every social media outlet to warn other people.
Before you order products from this company read all of these reviews. Find another company to order from. I would never suggest to order anything from this website to anyone I know.

Tip for consumers: READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE PURCHASING
OR DONT AT ALL BECAUSE IF SOMETHING HAPPENS.. BE PREPARED FOR NOTHING TO HAPPEN.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Fake every discount is fake.shippment cost is fake .people working there are cheaters

By Alyaa s.

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?