Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

carressao
4/18/19

I thought I was going to love iherb. I placed my order and literally 2 hours later it said it shipped. Ontrac was even updated to saying they received the package with my estimated delivery date. Awesome right? Today I was supposed to receive my order and noticed the package said I refused delivery. I finally found out the reason it was a mistake on my end. I reached out to ontrac and they tried to fix it on their end but I tried to contact iherb just in case. 1st there are no phone numbers. The lady on the chat sucked. I was literally chatting with what seemed like a bot for over 20 minutes only to receive a canned response. I don't think I'll be shopping with iherb again. Their customer service sucks.

lelaa2

I give a 1 for the website check-out

vanessad86
4/6/19

*****BUYER BEWARE******
If there was an option to not even have a star I would pick that first and foremost. Where do I start with my experience with iherb? Well let's start from the beginning when I purchased multiple products being sent to Canada. Select Canada as country. Select English as language. Select Canadian funds as currency. Select all the products that I'm looking to buy and listed under Canadian funds. My total is given to me in Canadian funds. Next thing I know is my Visa statement is showing US funds. An $82 difference. Iherb what is the point of me selecting the country I live in with the currency I need if you're going to charge me US funds either way? This is very dishonest and not accurate. I wish I would have read online reviews before purchasing with this company. As I can see from many other reviews this is an ongoing occurrence. I then reached out to them via email to see what they could do to help me fix this problem. I got the same response over and over again "sorry this happened, sorry for this inconvenience " no indication that they wanted to help me get my money back. No other Solutions. No other customer service ways of potentially offering me something off my next order or returning any type of money to me for the difference of the exchange and the mistake from their website. I have screenshots of my order showing that my order was in Canadian funds. I have a screenshot of my bank account showing the $82 difference coming up as US funds.

To summarize my experience... I ordered products assuming that they were being sent to Canada with Canadian funds with a Canadian address but yet still charged US funds. Connecting with the company to see how they could help me... Ended with them basically telling me that they would pass this along to better improve the next experience? Not sure how that's helpful to me. I will now be taking my experience to every social media outlet to warn other people.
Before you order products from this company read all of these reviews. Find another company to order from. I would never suggest to order anything from this website to anyone I know.

Tip for consumers: READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE PURCHASING
OR DONT AT ALL BECAUSE IF SOMETHING HAPPENS.. BE PREPARED FOR NOTHING TO HAPPEN.

seppn2
3/29/19

This company is indeed dishonest. I have purchased goods in NZ dollars, $249. They charged me as if it was in usd. On top of that, I now have to pay $160 import tax because my order is now over nz tax free threshold of $300. Their customer service is just citing irrelevant stuff. I think it's chat bots not humans. How is this allowed?

jamess1656
3/25/19

Order Number 707628155 - Order seems to be in AUD but is actually charged in USD. This is deceptive. I won't be using this website again. Don't do it or you will be deceived as well.

chrisp532
3/20/19

Terrible customer service. Not honest people to deal with. Big hidden costs on delivery to Ireland, 50% on top of the order value. Promised a refund when the goods were returned to them then six months of platitudes and then claim that the refund costs were higher than the order value so no refund so no money. They do "appreciate how I feel" though but so what. Plenty of decent suppliers to deal with online. Avoid these clowns.Just look at their terrible reviews.

razans1
3/14/19

You don't get your order and they don't return your money back.

the worst company and worst customer service I dealt with it.

stefanies21
3/13/19

I tried to place orders, multiple times. Each time iHerb canceled my order saying payment was not submitted. I provided them the PayPal verification of payment. The "customer service" team provided a canned response and suggested I resubmit the orders. I received that response 3x. Finally someone said it was actually a technical issue on iHerbs end and someone would get back to me in 1-3 days. Ten days later I asked for my response and was told payment was declined (which it was not) and I should resubmit my order. This place has ZERO customer service or desire to acquire or retain customers.

terap4
3/11/19

And then lied to me about it later! To make things worse, they would not provide me with any evidence to prove they tried to contact me. Customer service is really really horrible and I would rather source my supplements elsewhere.

rimmat
3/10/19

Try it for yourself, iHerb is one of the largest online stores for over 35.000 top-rated NATURAL products. The prices are 30-40% less than the retailer. ~~~~~You can get Extra 5% of all orders + Earn up to 15 % Loyalty Credit toward your Next Orders ~~~~with code AHK4146. ~~~~ You will also get discounted or free shipping.

IHerb makes it easy for me to get natural affordable products for my family. They have an incredible selection of natural cosmetics, organic products and fast delivery.

Besides, there are a lot of 15% off specials (daily, weekly and monthly) on the special pages, so, check them out, as well))), and remember this Super Discount Code: AHK4146

I highly recommend iHerb to everyone!

dond190
2/26/19

$49.41 paid to UPS for a $90 order! Ridiculous! It works out far far far cheaper to just buy it at my local grocery store. I am really disappointed. It was never suggested that the delivery cost would be an extra half of the order cost! And for that reason I'm out.

skc4
2/26/19

I ordered a 25ppm silver cream and received a 20ppm by a different manufacture. I was refused a refund after weeks of dealing with them. They are not a trustworthy consumer friendly company.

faridaa5
2/23/19

I was supposed to recieve my order between the 13th-18th of February. It's the 23rd and still no sign of my order! My supplements schedule has been interrupted because of this delay. Won't use iHerb again, completely unreliable.

an79
2/11/19

I never got the shipment. it is lying with courier company in customs
with not an iota of support from iherb and 388 dollars worth of order is
going to be abandoned in customs with no support regarding
documentation from iherb or the company or the courier service. I have
paid for the product, the clearing charges and the customs charges for
nothing. If you are outside california/US do not bother ordering as you
will not get any support if you have an issue
Further they WILL not allow bad reviews to appear for a products.
I have not seen any of one star reviews I had posted on the site.
The question and answers and the reviews are alll doctored at the site.
NEVER BUY

julial112
2/9/19

I don't understand the bad rating of iherb and suspicious of the authenticity of the reviews.
Anyway, my experience with iherb has been great. Great choice of products, alot cheaper than retail and delivers everywhere. I've been ordering from iherb for past 3 years since I've been moving alot (UK, South Korea, France, UAE, Malaysia etc) and they delivers to all these places. My usual buys are immune enhancing supplements, sports supplements and organic stuff. Try it one time and see if it helps.
For 10% off purchase, use this non-expiring code ARO9502 during checkout. Enjoy !

micheled208
2/7/19

I've been a customer with iHerb for 3 years. I made a mistake on an order and they did NOTHING to help me. You can't even call & talk to someone. You have to either chat online or email. Worst customer service!!!! They have a complete disregard for customer loyalty. So disappointed!!! DO NOT use this company!!!

anitae25
2/6/19

I use to be a dye hard IHerb fan until I had a problem and needed the customer service. OH my God it is just horrid. They use to be so good they have gone down hill fast. I will not use them again after my dealing. It still is not fully sorted out. Granted it was a courier issue and the couriers fault but their attitude about the whole thing. It;s like once you order you are $#*! out of luck. Now I have to send the package back because of a month delay in recieving it. I had to order from another company. Then they send it to after I requested a refund. Now I have to pay to send it back. They still have not responded so I can get the proper return address and that was last week. If you send them an email it goes into siber space somewhere out in the great beyond because you never hear back from them. Just a generic email that says they are looking into it. Then nothing, nothing at all. Live chat is useless as well. I was hung up on I don't know how many times. Rude as hell. Wont' use them again after 12 plus years

tinan93
1/31/19

Disappointed. Received a damaged item. Could not speak to anyone as there is no 800# to call had to do all through email very difficult. In the end they replaced the item with a different item & tried to rebuild me. I returned the wrong item
& requested a refund & will no longer do business with them.

stephenw316
1/31/19

After ordering from iherb.ie i received a DHL tax bill before they released the goods which included a 14.50 admin charge. I expected to pay VAT but there is no warning of this Ex torsion charge from DHL which you have to pay to get your goods.

basciav
1/25/19

I have never experienced such bad customer service. Rude staff who communicate with you only by chat. I tried three different ones as I thought the first was just a bad one but it seems like they are not trained to show empathy and go above and beyond to solve a small issue for a
customer. I have been purchasing from them for a few years now on a monthly basis and there was a mistake on my last bill that they refused to correct. And they will change the subject by saying "is there anything else I can do for you? " ... Such an awful experience.

amira87
1/24/19

I am a longtime iHerb fan. Plenty of products and information. Very nice website and very easy to use. Great prices. Very fast delivery. Cosmetics- do not always have all the products in stock. Great deals. warmly recommended.

alj197
1/19/19

I had been purchasing from them for 6 years from Canada, latest order they put a charge on my card, and wanted me to identify the amount, contact them then it would be credited.
Bizarre! I know it is a security measure but for $20 order give me a break! I will never purchase from them again

catherinec13
1/5/19

The price in iherb is not reflective of the total cost you pay in the end. I bought 2 bottles of Serrapeptase for US$150, to be shipped from the US to Sri Lanka. There was little information on iherb on custom and other taxes on the "Shipping to Sri Lanka" page on their website, even though they must have shipped at least thousands of orders to the country already. And the total amount of custom and other taxes came up to US$146 - almost 100% of the price I paid. Really cheesed off at paying twice the price for the product.
If I were better advised on the custom and other taxes, I would have weighed my options and ordered the product from another country, as I am currently traveling through several countries now.
This will be my first and last order from iherb.

georginaw12
12/23/18

Very angry with IHERB. I had £16 taxes to pay. As far as I knew I was ordering from a Uk site. I have ordered before and had no payment.
Will not use them again

rubys73
12/17/18

Ordered product twice and received wrong color twice. No packing slip with shipment how convenient for the worker who knew the color was wrong to cover their tracks. Sent a email to them let's see how they handle issue. By the looks of the reviews I'm not expected a customer service professional to make things all better. Time will tell.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?