Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

an79
2/11/19

I never got the shipment. it is lying with courier company in customs
with not an iota of support from iherb and 388 dollars worth of order is
going to be abandoned in customs with no support regarding
documentation from iherb or the company or the courier service. I have
paid for the product, the clearing charges and the customs charges for
nothing. If you are outside california/US do not bother ordering as you
will not get any support if you have an issue
Further they WILL not allow bad reviews to appear for a products.
I have not seen any of one star reviews I had posted on the site.
The question and answers and the reviews are alll doctored at the site.
NEVER BUY

julial112
2/9/19

I don't understand the bad rating of iherb and suspicious of the authenticity of the reviews.
Anyway, my experience with iherb has been great. Great choice of products, alot cheaper than retail and delivers everywhere. I've been ordering from iherb for past 3 years since I've been moving alot (UK, South Korea, France, UAE, Malaysia etc) and they delivers to all these places. My usual buys are immune enhancing supplements, sports supplements and organic stuff. Try it one time and see if it helps.
For 10% off purchase, use this non-expiring code ARO9502 during checkout. Enjoy !

micheled208
2/7/19

I've been a customer with iHerb for 3 years. I made a mistake on an order and they did NOTHING to help me. You can't even call & talk to someone. You have to either chat online or email. Worst customer service!!!! They have a complete disregard for customer loyalty. So disappointed!!! DO NOT use this company!!!

anitae25
2/6/19

I use to be a dye hard IHerb fan until I had a problem and needed the customer service. OH my God it is just horrid. They use to be so good they have gone down hill fast. I will not use them again after my dealing. It still is not fully sorted out. Granted it was a courier issue and the couriers fault but their attitude about the whole thing. It;s like once you order you are $#*! out of luck. Now I have to send the package back because of a month delay in recieving it. I had to order from another company. Then they send it to after I requested a refund. Now I have to pay to send it back. They still have not responded so I can get the proper return address and that was last week. If you send them an email it goes into siber space somewhere out in the great beyond because you never hear back from them. Just a generic email that says they are looking into it. Then nothing, nothing at all. Live chat is useless as well. I was hung up on I don't know how many times. Rude as hell. Wont' use them again after 12 plus years

tinan93
1/31/19

Disappointed. Received a damaged item. Could not speak to anyone as there is no 800# to call had to do all through email very difficult. In the end they replaced the item with a different item & tried to rebuild me. I returned the wrong item
& requested a refund & will no longer do business with them.

stephenw316
1/31/19

After ordering from iherb.ie i received a DHL tax bill before they released the goods which included a 14.50 admin charge. I expected to pay VAT but there is no warning of this Ex torsion charge from DHL which you have to pay to get your goods.

basciav
1/25/19

I have never experienced such bad customer service. Rude staff who communicate with you only by chat. I tried three different ones as I thought the first was just a bad one but it seems like they are not trained to show empathy and go above and beyond to solve a small issue for a
customer. I have been purchasing from them for a few years now on a monthly basis and there was a mistake on my last bill that they refused to correct. And they will change the subject by saying "is there anything else I can do for you? " ... Such an awful experience.

amira87
1/24/19

I am a longtime iHerb fan. Plenty of products and information. Very nice website and very easy to use. Great prices. Very fast delivery. Cosmetics- do not always have all the products in stock. Great deals. warmly recommended.

alj197
1/19/19

I had been purchasing from them for 6 years from Canada, latest order they put a charge on my card, and wanted me to identify the amount, contact them then it would be credited.
Bizarre! I know it is a security measure but for $20 order give me a break! I will never purchase from them again

catherinec13
1/5/19

The price in iherb is not reflective of the total cost you pay in the end. I bought 2 bottles of Serrapeptase for US$150, to be shipped from the US to Sri Lanka. There was little information on iherb on custom and other taxes on the "Shipping to Sri Lanka" page on their website, even though they must have shipped at least thousands of orders to the country already. And the total amount of custom and other taxes came up to US$146 - almost 100% of the price I paid. Really cheesed off at paying twice the price for the product.
If I were better advised on the custom and other taxes, I would have weighed my options and ordered the product from another country, as I am currently traveling through several countries now.
This will be my first and last order from iherb.

georginaw12
12/23/18

Very angry with IHERB. I had £16 taxes to pay. As far as I knew I was ordering from a Uk site. I have ordered before and had no payment.
Will not use them again

rubys73
12/17/18

Ordered product twice and received wrong color twice. No packing slip with shipment how convenient for the worker who knew the color was wrong to cover their tracks. Sent a email to them let's see how they handle issue. By the looks of the reviews I'm not expected a customer service professional to make things all better. Time will tell.

la68
12/8/18

They advertise the product as enteric, but it is Not. Not worth the hassle to return Will not buy from this company again.

emmanuelp14
12/3/18

Ordered some items. The arrived one months after the predicted arrival date.
Some products did not have an expiration date and when i contacted them they asked me to send pictures etc. and at the end asked me to contact the manufacturer.
Poor service don't seem to care about their customers

henriettab6
11/29/18

I placed an order and two days later I received a message that my package was delivered to my front door. I contacted the iHerb support service after an hour I received the message. Probably, it was delivered to a different door. I contacted the shipping company as well but they didn't take any responsibility.
iHerb offered me a reshipment which never happened. After a week I contacted them again, they said the reshipping wasn't requested which was a lie because I had a confirmation email. I requested again and again and finally I asked them for a refund. The very next day I contacted the service again and my request wasn't filed out. I have chosen them for the lower price but it worth to pay a little more and save time and energy.
They have a terrible service and no customer support.

lukes109
11/27/18

IHERB more like ISCAM

I've been scammed for the first time on the world wide web,
This Company has scammed me out of money and goods, Wish I had checked
before hand on review sites it would of saved me. Funny they do not have a
review section on their Facebook page, I wonder why. They clearly write
fake reviews, Hopefully people see these reviews before ordering. Can
not see how Google has not stopped them from selling to the UK.WORST Company EVER.

ahmeti5
11/21/18

I placed order (Order Number: 401271337) ..They took/charged my 70 USD But "I never received my order" No product ...Although I got in touch with them for refund , Nobody interested in my request..I will not be shopping at IHerb again.

ellenk64
11/21/18

I never received my order. It may have been lost in transit. I contacted iHerb twice now with this problem. I was told to go looking for my shipment at my post office (it was not there), and I have been told to contact "the local", which I assume is the same thing. They do not have my shipment. I was also told my package arrived in Portugal. Customer service reps do not speak English well, and make the problem mine to solve, not theirs to help with. The attitude is - tough luck, that happens.

At this point, all I know is that IHerb has my money but I have not received my product, and I have gone to much, much more trouble than I would have, if I had gone to a brick-and-mortar store to buy it. I will not be shopping at IHerb again.

stanleyb54
11/14/18

Do not trust them they have no customer service number and all the information about my order was incorrect and then they even had me as a wrong customer . When they do not have a phone number then you get chat and email options ,then it turns into scam nothing else .

mp223
11/12/18

There was a loose seal on a coffee jar. I asked them if it is safe to use. I never got any answer. They wanted me to send a picture, but I do not know how to do it. I am 80 years old and not so savvy on a computer. But they insisted on the picture. They did not offer prepaid return label. I will never buy from them again. .

princec20
11/12/18

1 out of 5 stars on TrustPilot! Avoid these scamming thieves who try to weasel their way out of refunding for a parcel not received and returned to them. Not only did they not disclose extra custom charges which they tried to dump on our lap, but they keep claiming the parcel hasn't arrived back to the warehouse after three months! RoyalMail filed it as returned to sender over two months ago, and stated a maximum of two to three weeks to arrive back in the USA. Clearly someone at this company thinks they can pull a fast one on us because we are not in the USA. Other TrustPilot and Google reviews state the same issue we are facing. I will be reporting this to the BBB as well, as this is a recurring theme with their other international customers who have had parcels returned because a surprise undisclosed customs charge was needed to be paid before we could accept delivery! Then they have the cheek to take 80% of the value of the refund, to those parcels they actually admit arrived back to the warehouse. P. S. They do reply in a timely manner, but they just send you round in circles and it's pretty obvious their intentions after reading all their negative reviews online. We will never order from this scam site again and will be warning all friends and family!

sarahw365
11/10/18

Iherb is the WORST company for customer service! They no longer have telephone support - just chat and email! Probably because they don't want to hear from the irate customers like myself. They royally screwed up my order and said they were refunding my order, but did NOT! Do not trust this company. Every employee in support who I chatted with gave me a completely different story! The first one said - "Oh, it looks like your order was returned" The second one said "The courier returned your order" (and NO explanation) The third one said the courier never picked it up! The fourth one said the courier returned and and they reshipped it! Whichever story is true - no-one from customer service ever contacted me to let me know what was going on. When I told them if it has not gone out - I cannot wait any longer just refund me - they said they would and did NOT. I am now out $150.00. This is robbery!

I started a Paypal claim against Iherb - and then received an email from KIM saying I had to close my case in order for them to refund me - so I trusted them and closed the case - but did not receive my refund. Attached are photos of my order and KIM's letter to me

katk46
11/9/18

Customer service is terrible! Nobody give a #%*! They don't provide help , they don't care about their customers!
I was trying to buy my vitamins for 10 days! Every time the order was confirmed then they sent a vet email where were said they I have to call my bank, to get some stupid code - which means I had to call to the bank do a verification with them for about an hour to get a code for stupid site with vitamins!! Or I had to open my online statement to see how much they charged as a verification method which is also now the esyiest way and takes a lot of time to buy stupid vitamins!!!
Customer service provided 0 help!
The worst company!
The worst customer service!

gracea79
11/7/18

I have been a loyal customer to Iherb for 3 years now but since my last order with them which was placed on 10 Oct, 2018 (# 506113716) I will never ever again buy from Iherb. Their customer service is inconsistent, incompetent, irresponsible and careless. They don't give a $#*! to customer's order/ shipment/ inquiries.

Either Iherb or your shipping company (DHL which Iherb choose to affiliate with) refused to take responsibility for my order.

I used to place many orders to be shipped to Hong Kong and there were no problem. But my last order was sent to Vietnam as I wanted to give my mom a gift. I thought Iherb would know how to handle the shipment with customs and their DHL logistic company in Vietnam, but I was wrong. Other foreigner friends of mine have had no problem with Vietnam custom and logistic from Iherb, except me as I am a Vietnamese so they want to suck my blood. Now my order is still with Custom clearance in DHL's custody and they help nothing beside asking me to do their jobs: custom clearing with full of paper works, taxes (import tax, VAT, etc) clearance, fee for checking products hygiene or I have to get a hygienic certificate from manufacture which Iherb failed to provide it (Iherb even asked me to contact direct to manufactures in the US to get one), etc.

With all the troubles I and my family are going through in Vietnam, I finally requested Iherb to help ask DHL to ship my order to Hong Kong rather than return it to their warehouse as it would reduce costs for customers and waste everyone's time. But they refused to help.

I will keep writing bad reviews about you, Iherb, until you get your $#*! together and serve the customers right. Stop putting your right/bull$#*! first as we are your customers. You failed to do your job and refused to compensate the customers.

Iherb is a bad company. Don't ever shop with them.

caseyc94
10/30/18

I placed an order with you guys 7 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I've contacted you now 10 times and DHL four times.

My order # is 505866762-0

In every instance, either you or your shipping company has refused to accept responsibility. Finally yesterday, a DHL representative told me a bunch of IHerb shipments sent via Global Mail have been going missing in New Zealand once the packages arrive in Auckland. I've contacted New Zealand Post and they have no record. I've concluded that someone either in DHL's Auckland office or the NZ Postal office is stealing the packages. I want a refund and three units of the same item I've ordered or I will continue to post negative reviews of IHerb on every review site I can find.

Here is a copy of the last review of your company I posted:

I'm a busy guy trying to run a small business and take care of my family. I don't have time to have to write you ten times when you fail to provide what I've paid you for. You chose the shipping method. Your are ultimately responsible for this situtaion.

You guys have terrible customer service and management and deserve to suffer the consequences. You are also bad people. A pox and gypsy's curse on you and your families.

Sincerely,

Casey Cravens

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?