Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

christines326
9/12/18

After ordering a few times from them with no problem, I suddenly had an order sent to me that I did NOT place. It was a total of $118.99 charged to my bank account card. When I received the order, it was every single item that I had EVER ordered from them, all in one order that I did NOT place! Trying to get a refund from them has been next to impossible. I will NEVER order from this company again.

ravis68
9/6/18

Placed online order through iHerb website for vitamins for my parents living in India. Below is confirmation email received after placing order.
Order Number: 705085791-0
Date of Order: August 05, 2018 23:08
Shipping Method:DHL Express
Estimated Delivery: August 10, 2018 - August 15, 2018
After 15th Aug, no delivery received by my parents so contacted customer support via email. After follow-up finally received a reply saying order has been canceled by verification team. No one contacted me from verification team, neither any email though i have shared my cell phone number as well. Funny part, i am not able to login to website to check my order. I asked customer support to deliver my order, as it was not canceled by me and full amount has been paid via credit card. No response received. Iherb saying that money will be return by deducting bank transaction charges. iHerb not able to show any proof that any one contacted me to confirm order cancellation. Otherside order is not canceled by me so why i should pay bank transaction charges? Most wonderful part, iHerb not in situation to confirm, when money will be transfer back to my bank ? Wrote email to CEO as well through linkedin, but no response received. So for me look like a fraud company and doing some scam. I found several feedback posted around internet social media. Please take strict action about such fraud companies based in USA doing online business.

lavanyal2
8/30/18

I ordered very critical healthcare products for my dad and all they did was to pay extra money for customs which they didn't even mention when ordering. They called me asking me to pay twice the price of what I ordered. I told them I could not pay now which has not been informed previously and the amount is too much and all they could do was to destroy the order as I was reluctant to pay the cheat price they requested for. Well done, Iherb! Karma is something you guys should definitely face.

lynnp118
8/28/18

I have been using iHerb for 5 years now. Never had a problem until today when I ordered a product and for the life of me could not figure out how to cancel the order. No directions non friendly on canceling a order, but swiftly on sending orders. I tried the service customer button and all I got was to send them an email. Finally surfed the website until i found a chat button. Of course in 15 minutes time they told me it had already shipped and I could not cancel. I will not order another thing from them. There are plenty of other companies to order from which i already have for years. I told them they just lost a valued customer. Will not miss them at all.

roderickc14
8/25/18

I had been an iherb.com customer for several years when 6 months ago they just suddenly stopped sending me emails to acknowledge my orders. I inquired several times and was told 2 or 3 times that the problem would be fixed, or had been fixed, but it has still not been fixed in over 6 months. Their customer service didn't seem to understand the problem, didn't seem to have any idea what caused it or what to do about it, and didn't seem to have any real interest in fixing the problem. The most inept, rude customer service I've encountered ANYWHERE EVER!!!

alexk34
8/21/18

Have been using this company for a while now, you would think they would have some kind of idea to look after long term customers, but as it turns out, it means nothing to them.
Last time, did not receive my order, was questioned as if i was some kind of criminal and eventually they did be a favor, refunded the money.
Again, if i was a new customer, i can see the logic, but long standing customer.?
Now placed an order, 9 mins later realised old address, contacted them to advise of that and to change, Only to be told, no can do because already shipped. Physically not possible to pack and sent in 9 mins, their system showing waiting for collection , but no they will not update address. 3 days later, system still showing waiting for collection, but no, they will not update the address. Pathetic to say the least

georgek227
8/21/18

I ordered several vitamin and supplements from the iHerb website to the EU and got fined as a result.

Apparently it is against the law to do so and you could receive a fine and / or jail sentence for doing so.

I raised this issue with iHerb customer service which did not take any action or responsibility for shipping products illegally.

Very dissapointing and not recommended.

kahs
8/17/18

Delivery arrangement was poor and virtually non-existent. There was no prior notification that delivery would be made on a particular day and no way to suggest alternatives if the buyer is not home.

sharonc350
8/16/18

Do not buy from this company. Not sure if they even have people or robots. Placed a repeat order. They sent the wrong product. Have no system to ship correct item and order a pickup of the incorrect item. Nor does each "department" have the ability to know what the other "department" said or did.The same old questions all over again. After 2 hours between live chat and emails I got them to agree to a refund. Then I had to pack and get to a UPS store. 2 weeks after receiving the product back I still did not have the refund. Had to go through the same process over again. 2 days later after this agony, a credit was received. And it is not over, they tricked AMEX and told them the refund was given much earlier. Liars, robots and cheaters.

sm295
8/14/18

They took my money and never sent the order through , they took almost 500$ from me , don't waste your money on this website

mikec646
8/14/18

iHerb used to provide excellent service. Now it's horrible. Their customer service is non existent. I've been waiting for an order to be shipped for a week and every response I get is different and complete garbage. They charged my credit card incorrect amounts and no response to my queries on that.

chelleb1
8/14/18

I'm sharing my experience because I know there are a lot of choices for us as consumers as to where we do business. I order 2 bottles NOW Pro-GH from iherb.com. I received 2 packages Stoneworks Laundry Detergent Pods....? I got on the iherb.com chat and asked what I needed to do to get my product. The agent told me that she had initiated a new shipment of my original order of 2 bottles NOW Pro-GH and to keep the Stoneworks Laundry PODS. It has now been 1 month and I have not received my order.

I understand that mistakes can be made, but I don't understand when they do not follow through to correct them.

sandrab407
8/13/18

Tried to order several boxes of herbal teas. Had so many issues with ordering and having the merchandise shipped to another address. It took me 4 days and nothing was resolved. I paid with IPay, then Paypal and they reported no payment. My bank revealed payment made. I asked for a phone number to speak live with a customer service member and was informed they do not have this service. A disaster. Ultimately, I had to cancel and order from Amazon for a few dollars more and no stress

alexandruc7
8/13/18

The transaction I made was accepted by the bank 3 times in a row but I kept receiving mails that I need to update my payment. When trying to update the payment I kept getting error 504 so I had to cancel the orders. The chat support is even more awful, I kept explaining that idiot that I made a 3rd order and he said that it was canceled too. After 30 minutes of "I understand your concern" this idiot thinks to check again and finally sees my last order. But after one and a half hours of apologises and ignoring half my messages I really advise you to stay away from iHerb.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

mortenm
8/10/18

I'm used to receiving my items late from this company (3-4 weeks at best), but this time my order got canceled after five weeks (!) due to a payment processing problem on their end which they never informed me about. I wrote 9 emails to customer service, and 7 times I received generic replies ("Sorry about the inconvenience, please reorder"). The other 2 times they answered somebody else's questions! In general, the iHerb representatives are rude and unprofessional and do not care one bit about their customers. Stay away from this company! It's far better to spend a few dollars more to actually receive your products and be treated like a valued customer.

mandyw28
8/10/18

My son girlfriend ordered R26 000 worth of goods from them.
Got into SA and apparently was destroyed ! So no product received and still had to pay UPS R7000 to store the goods / shipping.
What now ???????

larryh47
8/9/18

I purchased a Supplement from iHerb on July 31th and paid via Paypal. I received an Order Confirmation from iHerb along with a Transaction No. from Paypal stating payment to iHerb would not take place until shipping. Their projected date for receipt was scheduled for August 3rd and since I didn't receive it I contacted them this morning and they now state that my order was never completed. The iHerb Rep. was blaming Paypal for the glitch. They suggested I contact Paypal for resolving this issue and when I contacted Paypal their rep. stated that their database shows that the order was cancelled on iHerb's end and not theirs. I wasted a week waiting on my order which never showed up plus another hour with online chat trying to resolve - will never deal with this company for my supplements again....

dh175
8/6/18

Do not order from this company! Did not receive my order in time and I cannot speak to anyone. Tracking my order said my address is unknown! How could that be? And I was not notified about this unidentified address apparently????? VERY STRANGE!!

abigaila22
8/5/18

Ordered vitamins, never received it. The trackinv just kept saying it was shipped and waiting for courier. Was never informed there was any issue. Already forgot about it and only remembered when checking my bills. After checking with them they said it was never picked up. Had I not followed up, my order would've just been forgotten. No body checks if you received your package. You have to follow up yourself. Terrible customer service. I do not recommend them at all. You're just throwing away your money unless you have time to keep track and follow up your orders.

params4
8/3/18

While placing the order, i chose DHL service for reviewing which clearly showed me the amount of 1389 inr I have the pay at the time of delivery. But I got a call from DHL this morning and they are saying I'll have to pay an amount of 3519 inr in order to receive it.
Why are there such hidden costs involved which you are hiding your customers from ? DHL they didn't get any confirmation from their end about the amount stated there as 1389.

anonymousn49
8/2/18

So let's be clear, I didn't order from iHerb because their checkout and web addresses were so flighty. And I'm glad I didn't!! Next day I had my fb flooding with IHerb ads in Russian. BE VERY WARY of website even if you don't purchase.

joanneo36
7/30/18

Very disappointed. Bought bamboo hairbrushes that were actually mostly plastic. Took ages to arrive and when the box got here they'd used a huge box and filled it with plastic air padding. Completely ridiculous and obviously not at all concerned about our planet. They're just profiteering on the eco trend. Will not buy again.

avdeshg
7/28/18

I ordered Folic Acid 400mcg worth Rs. 415. However, first IHerb charged Rs. 830 more at the time of purchase itself in the name of shipping charges. Then DHL again charged Rs. 1150 more at the time of delivery. So I end up paying Rs. 2000 more for the product which was just for Rs. 415. DHL and IHerb both dupe customers in the name of fraudulent charges whereas all the customs duty charge was only Rs. 124. So Stay Away From Such Websites. Rather use Amazon.in for India. It has all the medicines available on it.

shockinge
7/26/18

The seller iherb is a fraud company. They charged you DHL custom clearance fee more that the cost of your product which was not informed in advance. Also lots of other DHL courier hidden charges which was not informed by iherb. They tell you later that its unrefundable and if you dont pay other extra charges, they will hold up your goods in hostage and it will start multiplying the cost and will be liable to pay on your part. They threaten you to pay up other hidden charges or else youll loose your item and they will take it for there own use. I had a nightmare dealing with iherb and DHL, order it if you want to experienced yourself else my only advice, stay away from this seller call iherb, Big regret.

aln16
7/19/18

Never ordered from iHerb before, but the price was good and the shipping was free.....how could I go wrong?? Than I read the reviews.....wow, i'm in trouble now. BUT, I ordered on Sunday AM the 15th. Product delivered on Wednesday PM the 18th. Correct product, great price, fast shipping.....I will shop here again!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?