Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

joanneo36
7/30/18

Very disappointed. Bought bamboo hairbrushes that were actually mostly plastic. Took ages to arrive and when the box got here they'd used a huge box and filled it with plastic air padding. Completely ridiculous and obviously not at all concerned about our planet. They're just profiteering on the eco trend. Will not buy again.

avdeshg
7/28/18

I ordered Folic Acid 400mcg worth Rs. 415. However, first IHerb charged Rs. 830 more at the time of purchase itself in the name of shipping charges. Then DHL again charged Rs. 1150 more at the time of delivery. So I end up paying Rs. 2000 more for the product which was just for Rs. 415. DHL and IHerb both dupe customers in the name of fraudulent charges whereas all the customs duty charge was only Rs. 124. So Stay Away From Such Websites. Rather use Amazon.in for India. It has all the medicines available on it.

shockinge
7/26/18

The seller iherb is a fraud company. They charged you DHL custom clearance fee more that the cost of your product which was not informed in advance. Also lots of other DHL courier hidden charges which was not informed by iherb. They tell you later that its unrefundable and if you dont pay other extra charges, they will hold up your goods in hostage and it will start multiplying the cost and will be liable to pay on your part. They threaten you to pay up other hidden charges or else youll loose your item and they will take it for there own use. I had a nightmare dealing with iherb and DHL, order it if you want to experienced yourself else my only advice, stay away from this seller call iherb, Big regret.

aln16
7/19/18

Never ordered from iHerb before, but the price was good and the shipping was free.....how could I go wrong?? Than I read the reviews.....wow, i'm in trouble now. BUT, I ordered on Sunday AM the 15th. Product delivered on Wednesday PM the 18th. Correct product, great price, fast shipping.....I will shop here again!

zs17
7/17/18

I purchased an order from iHerb 18 days ago, I then received an email to state one item in the package had been damaged and I was refunded LESS than what I paid for it! Now I am still waiting for the remainder of the items a week after the stated time frame! Stay away from this company, every response has been a lie and they are not helpful in rectifying their mistakes!

georgesm3
7/16/18

IHERB claims to ship from abroad when they probably have some warehouse in the destination country, and charge you the DHL custom clearance flat fee which corresponds to no real work from their part .

Never buy from outside Europe; just use Amazon.co.uk, where you won't have any surprise with the custom taxes invented by DHL which don't respect the legislations in the destination country.

Even though you can prove it, they will hold your goods in hostage: pay up or else. I told them to **** off anyway.

A racket.

richardh609
7/14/18

I purchased a product because of the free shipping and the estimated delivery date met my needs. After I ordered it the estimated delivery date slipped by, but no package. After contacting costomer service, I was told to be patient. I still don't have my order and they say the way they shipped it can take up to 4 weeks. That's more than 3 times longer than they advertised at purchase. Stay away from iHerb!!!!!!

fredriks5
7/13/18

Leveransen i någorlunda tid. Produkten oklart i nuläget men jag fick betala extra avgift när det skulle hämtas ut. Inte Ok.

hodgepodgei
7/12/18

As with others, I wish I had read reviews about this company. They sucked me in with low prices and discount. Their shipping/delivery people (WHOEVER they are) are not efficient. After not receiving my order when it said delivered I got very grumpy with them. We were here tge day they said delivered. Nope. Anyway, the next day it was here!!!!! 9 days after shipping in the same region of the country. And their replies to your email are very impersonal/vague. Website makes it difficult to contact them. Good luck. I will spend a little more and go with a good company. You get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

jn115
7/12/18

They do not want to give me a refund even though I never received my item. Not trustworthy! They do not take responsibility once they ship it out, which is very risky!

ms381
7/12/18

I ordered from Iherb for delivery to the U.K., order total £75. The courier told me I would have to pay an extra £25 for customs duty and taxes. Amazed, I contacted Iherb to say I was shocked and didn't want the goods considering the extra charge. Iherb told me that if I refused to pay these charges the package would be returned to Iherb who would issue a refund BUT they would deduct all shipping fees and charges off the refund so the refund would equal approximately £0.00.

I paid the £25 and am absolutely fuming. I have ordered many things from America from a variety of companies without this sort of thing happening. I told Iherb this and pointed out it was their responsibility, but it made no difference.
Scam. Trickery. Steer clear !
IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER WITH IHERB FROM ABROAD YOU ARE TRAPPED INTO EXTRA CHARGES.

tanyab85
7/10/18

I have only used this company once and never again - i still haven't received my order. I wished I'd though to check out the customer reviews before ordering.They say it all. Iherb know that delivery time to NZ is actually several weeks but lead people to believe otherwise. Parcels can't be tracked and they refuse to refund. Please don't support this kind of business practise.

shwetam9
7/9/18

I have to pay around 2000 RS as custome duty for a RS 3000 order which is not mentioned clearly at the time of purchase. I will never purchase again from Iherb. Bad experience.

jonn54
7/4/18

They simply refuse to cancel my account!! It is unbelievable. They will only deactivate so that you can easily reactivate. I spent a week of effort and in the end, they simply refused saying we cannot cancel your account!! That is unacceptable and I have never heard of an internet company refusing to cancel an account (in recent times). They have awful customer service.

kathleenw123
7/2/18

I was offered free shipping and when I placed my order it was in the evening. At checkout I was told that I would have it by 7/2/18. Today when I check the shipping info, it says it would be delivered by 7/5/18. And there customer is non existent. They don't give a number but I got it from the web and it says no longer doing c.s via phone and chat - a joke - I will not be using them again and I suggest that no one should,

audrinaf
7/2/18

I've been buying some supplements here for my vegetarian diet. Think it's a good service. Nice prices, quick delivery. No problems whatsoever.

lindaa274
7/1/18

My shipment did not arrive to vienna, plus I have to pay for the authorities 200 euro fine with 12 hour jail time cause of my order. it contained supplements for bones and digestion that are illegal in europe which the website did not bother to mention. 200 euro for a $#*!ing order I never got and I don't deserve to pay.

danielc205
6/30/18

Their customer service is so bad .. I can't find a proper word to describe it. To summarize their behaviour , they are polite but it's "their way or no way" which means they will never help you or address your concerns. . They are telling you that they will investigate but they never respond or give you a clear answer.. They will send you generic responses that they copy and paste... We can say that their customer service is Fraud because they do nothing to help customers . I was charged for taxes that are not applicable to my country; I gave them the information related to at least 10 previous orders for which they only charged me a tax of 5% but suddenly the tax rate has jumped without any regulations changes or anything in my country .Because they refused to truly address the problem, I told them, I will log a dispute with Paypal. Their response can be summarized to "we don't care and do it". On another instance , there was a great deal for a certain product, I put them in the cart but I realized that I couldn't get free shipping even though the total was greater than 200$ ..They basically forced my order to pay a very large shipping amount in the range of 40 $ .. When I asked them , why ? their response was that the usual carrier can't ship this supplement So I choose another brand and the free carrier could be selected, so it wasn't because the supplement had some restrictions or anything like that... So they are lying, bull$#*!ting people to cash in and put all kind of barriers to prevent you from getting their deals at the price they advertise. They are truly AWFUL and Stay away unless you want to be ripped off

kregm
6/27/18

Since they have started charging sales taxes in USA their discount codes do not work. The discount will show up in your cart they it will magically disappear in final payment phase so you get screwed. This has happened multiple times. And customer service is a lost case! The worst ever customer service located in the middle of Pacific Ocean and replies with copy and paste answers which are totally not related to your request. What a joke! Been with them for 5 years and this company has turned into a cash scamming business. GREEDY BASTARDS!

levm
6/26/18

My shipment has never arrived, their tracking number is not valid. They blame the post office, they blame me! for choosing the standard shipping method instead of UPS, which would make my order economically not viable at all.

davidk684
6/26/18

I sent an order overseas to the UK. I a large fee for the shipping, but the section of Duties & Taxes said $0. When DHL tried to delivery my item to the recipient, they wanted a large duty payment of 17 pounds sterling! The recipient refused delivery, and I told DHL to return the items to iHerb.com. I contacted the company, and they said I would be charged 80% of my refund to pay for return shipping, and "I should have known" about the Duties and Taxes!! I said, my order said $0 for this. No matter, that is what it is, like it or not. They would not give me any latitude with anything at all, nothing, would not listen to me, would not hear me, would not deal with me. Horrible company. Horrible customer service. You cannot even talk with them on the telephone! Everything must be chat or email. Bunch of crap. They are the worst. The worst. The WORST.

aliyahm3
6/25/18

In short, I think theyre pretty unscrupulous and involved in scamming customers. They lied about the date my package would be delivered. First, the website said the next day. Then, it somehow changed to 3 days. They used Lasership (which also sucks and should be shut down) to deliver my supplements which never came. Lasership lied about attempting delivery to my home twice but I have a camera monitoring the front of my home. They never came. In an attempt to explain this to Lasership upon both occasions, I was told I had to wait for the system to be updated although I showed them proof that my package was never delivered. They also dont have any type of phone number you can call to speak to a person. I found my supplements on another site for a few dollars more. Ill gladly pay extra to ensure I actually receive what I ordered. At this point, still waiting for my refund.

robg91
6/25/18

i had to pay 24 euro custom taxes for an order of 50euro!!
This was marked on the order in small letters somewhere not very noticeable, not clear at all!! For this kind of extra cost they should make that clear on ordering not muffle it away, this way it is an active policy of fooling people.

danav26
6/24/18

My first order went well with them - fast shipping, promo, loyalty credit, good prices.

My second order - nope. Ordered and got a promo as well as a discount for buying bulk. The prices were much better that way, but it seems iHerb did not want to sell them for that. I got an order confirmation stating my order was getting ready to ship, then three days later an email stating my order was canceled because I had not paid.

The website does not allow one to enter an order without a payment entered. Furthermore, my credit card showed a pending payment to iHerb right away when I placed the order, and still shows as pending even after they canceled my order for non-payment. My bank confirmed they are waiting in iHerb to complete the transaction on their end.

I logged into iHerb to try to place again - the order price almost doubled!!! No promo (it expired) and no more bulk discount. I tried to place a new order - sure enough - the price for the bulk discount went from a savings of $20/bottle down to $7/bottle since I placed it.

They do not honor prices and apparently jack them up at a moment's notice. Despite my order being canceled due to a "payment issue", it is still showing pending at my bank, and I cannot remove it. They have been notified that the vendor canceled my order; they also told me they see a lot of issues like this with iHerb.

abhishekd8
6/24/18

I ordered muscle tech protein from iherb... Initially price displayed was 3100....then courier charges...500...then it took hell lot of effort to get KYC and custom clearance..... customer support from iherb is pathetic....they didn't reply to email....no tele number....n just a online chat messenger which gives no support.....after 1 week late delivery they took 2600 custom clearance charges...so total around 6100... I was getting same product at 5000 at other sites....

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?