Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

helenp115
10/4/18

I tried to place an order but PayPal payment got cancelled, though there was no issue with either my card or PayPal. I tried again (several times), same thing. I contacted customer care to see what was wrong and it was like they couldn't understand what I was saying. Every time a different person gave me a different answer for the same problem! Finally, I got tired and ordered from Yesstyle (which, by the way, is great)

mj148
10/2/18

i bought a fish oil from here and the item Receives broken, I reported for return and refund or reorder but no respondents

masn

Review
Reviewndjhcjsjhgdiifjshgwghdjcysvecgaksicysgevwkshxgsvskdusgevdjsgevdjdusgevdjxjsgevvdjxhsvdbjcgsvdhxusgrvbxjsvdvxjsg

manuelm119

Dear all,

We have been scammed by this company "iHerb, Inc. 22780 Harley Knox Blvd Perris, CA".
They did not deliver the products we have ordered, and after several months of emails/calls with the support of DHL (their shipping company), we received information from DHL France that iHerb refused to deliver the product and also to refund our money.
It is typically a scam, beware, they random this practice to thousands of customers. Better you order in Amazon or somewhere else the products they offer you can find them everywhere in the net.
With Regards.

bv31
9/26/18

...and whatever you do, don't use the Lasership shipping service for delivery of your purchase. Lasership's "service", and I use that term as lightly as I do for Iherb itself, is very limited. you better be home when they come, and you won't know when they're coming, and god help you if you try to get ahold of Lasership because it's incredibly hard - and that's still easier than getting ahold of IHERB, because you can't. no phone number, they don't do calls. so if LASERSHIP screws up, IHERB will not be there to help you.

samani1
9/24/18

They are liers , I ordered stuff from them, never received. Called the courier company lasership, no help at all. Iherb customer service is a joke . No one helps and solves ur issue. They are cheaters

eddieo12
9/24/18

This company has terrible customer service if your delivery goes missing..they deny all responsiblity and just pass you from one customer service representative to the next

priyankap19
9/19/18

Please DO NOT order anything from this website. I ordered a hairspray and shampoo worth Rs.1200 + Rs.800 shipping (DHL) and DHL sent me a bill of Rs.2017 on the last day of delivery as customs duty amount. (a complete surprise. They only mention that there will be customs duty on your product and don't mention anything even tentatively about how much it can be). So basically you will have to pay 350% of the actual cost of the products. I decided not to pay the customs duty and hence my Rs. 2000 went down the drain.

O and I forgot to mention the KYC drama of DHL. I lost my peace of mind trying to provide them with all the ID proof documents which they did not mention anything about on the iHerbs website while billing.

It is painful and extremely expensive website that's there only to fleece you and does not care a damn about it's customers once they get the payment.

claudr14
9/19/18

I have been ordering from iherb for at least 8 years now and this is the worst it has been so far. A few years ago there was a problem with restrictions being placed on certain products into Korea and my packages were held at customs for days. Many phone calls later they finally released the orders. I was never notified when ordering that there were any restrictions and it wasn't written anywhere on their website. Finally started seeing them add which items were restricted. Probably after many complaints. Now the problem is packaging/shipping. Each month it takes longer for them to pack and ship my order. Initially I would order Sunday night and have my package here by Friday. Then it was the following week on Monday or Tuesday and now (my most recent order) wasn't packed until Thursday (I ordered on Saturday). Customer service gave generic apology and said it would be here by next week. Problem is next MTW are holidays here and I won't get my package until Thurs/Fri.

To say the least I'm irate and am looking for alternative ways to get my supplements! Hello Coupang!

philh110
9/14/18

Ruined the olympia experience, I hope this site gets burned from the backlash of bodybuilding fans! Rest in peace iHerb cause you did this to yourself.

asema4
9/14/18

if you cant stream a live video how would i trust you with any product #olympia2018 #mrolympia2018 #stayawayfromstreaming

zacharya32
9/14/18

This company and site had the sole responsibility of stream the Olympia, and their stream crashed. I hope this company goes out if business.

jareds87
9/14/18

They are not a streaming service, they are jerks for trying to be because it ruined the experience of fans. I will never shop with them ever.

veroniqued1
9/14/18

I've bought from iherb before and it was fast easy and convenient. This time? Absolute a pain! Horrible customer service, being told one thing by one agent to be told the complete opposite by the other. I have yet to receive my purchase and it's been 1.5 months. When I asked for a refund I initially was told yes and that I would get an email shortly to confirm. I never got that email so I contacted them again to get an update. They kept giving me the generic responses but no actual information. Until one agent tells me they can't refund because the purchase is with the shipper because it was not able to deliver my purchase, even though they had all the necessary information but they won't shop it back to the company because of shipping fees. So now my purchase is on hold with the shipper until I confirmed my address. Told them I wanted a refund instead as I purchased my products with another company seeing that I was told initially that I would get a refund. Now it's a no go. So gave them my address again and I'm still waiting.

christines326
9/12/18

After ordering a few times from them with no problem, I suddenly had an order sent to me that I did NOT place. It was a total of $118.99 charged to my bank account card. When I received the order, it was every single item that I had EVER ordered from them, all in one order that I did NOT place! Trying to get a refund from them has been next to impossible. I will NEVER order from this company again.

ravis68
9/6/18

Placed online order through iHerb website for vitamins for my parents living in India. Below is confirmation email received after placing order.
Order Number: 705085791-0
Date of Order: August 05, 2018 23:08
Shipping Method:DHL Express
Estimated Delivery: August 10, 2018 - August 15, 2018
After 15th Aug, no delivery received by my parents so contacted customer support via email. After follow-up finally received a reply saying order has been canceled by verification team. No one contacted me from verification team, neither any email though i have shared my cell phone number as well. Funny part, i am not able to login to website to check my order. I asked customer support to deliver my order, as it was not canceled by me and full amount has been paid via credit card. No response received. Iherb saying that money will be return by deducting bank transaction charges. iHerb not able to show any proof that any one contacted me to confirm order cancellation. Otherside order is not canceled by me so why i should pay bank transaction charges? Most wonderful part, iHerb not in situation to confirm, when money will be transfer back to my bank ? Wrote email to CEO as well through linkedin, but no response received. So for me look like a fraud company and doing some scam. I found several feedback posted around internet social media. Please take strict action about such fraud companies based in USA doing online business.

lavanyal2
8/30/18

I ordered very critical healthcare products for my dad and all they did was to pay extra money for customs which they didn't even mention when ordering. They called me asking me to pay twice the price of what I ordered. I told them I could not pay now which has not been informed previously and the amount is too much and all they could do was to destroy the order as I was reluctant to pay the cheat price they requested for. Well done, Iherb! Karma is something you guys should definitely face.

lynnp118
8/28/18

I have been using iHerb for 5 years now. Never had a problem until today when I ordered a product and for the life of me could not figure out how to cancel the order. No directions non friendly on canceling a order, but swiftly on sending orders. I tried the service customer button and all I got was to send them an email. Finally surfed the website until i found a chat button. Of course in 15 minutes time they told me it had already shipped and I could not cancel. I will not order another thing from them. There are plenty of other companies to order from which i already have for years. I told them they just lost a valued customer. Will not miss them at all.

roderickc14
8/25/18

I had been an iherb.com customer for several years when 6 months ago they just suddenly stopped sending me emails to acknowledge my orders. I inquired several times and was told 2 or 3 times that the problem would be fixed, or had been fixed, but it has still not been fixed in over 6 months. Their customer service didn't seem to understand the problem, didn't seem to have any idea what caused it or what to do about it, and didn't seem to have any real interest in fixing the problem. The most inept, rude customer service I've encountered ANYWHERE EVER!!!

alexk34
8/21/18

Have been using this company for a while now, you would think they would have some kind of idea to look after long term customers, but as it turns out, it means nothing to them.
Last time, did not receive my order, was questioned as if i was some kind of criminal and eventually they did be a favor, refunded the money.
Again, if i was a new customer, i can see the logic, but long standing customer.?
Now placed an order, 9 mins later realised old address, contacted them to advise of that and to change, Only to be told, no can do because already shipped. Physically not possible to pack and sent in 9 mins, their system showing waiting for collection , but no they will not update address. 3 days later, system still showing waiting for collection, but no, they will not update the address. Pathetic to say the least

georgek227
8/21/18

I ordered several vitamin and supplements from the iHerb website to the EU and got fined as a result.

Apparently it is against the law to do so and you could receive a fine and / or jail sentence for doing so.

I raised this issue with iHerb customer service which did not take any action or responsibility for shipping products illegally.

Very dissapointing and not recommended.

kahs
8/17/18

Delivery arrangement was poor and virtually non-existent. There was no prior notification that delivery would be made on a particular day and no way to suggest alternatives if the buyer is not home.

sharonc350
8/16/18

Do not buy from this company. Not sure if they even have people or robots. Placed a repeat order. They sent the wrong product. Have no system to ship correct item and order a pickup of the incorrect item. Nor does each "department" have the ability to know what the other "department" said or did.The same old questions all over again. After 2 hours between live chat and emails I got them to agree to a refund. Then I had to pack and get to a UPS store. 2 weeks after receiving the product back I still did not have the refund. Had to go through the same process over again. 2 days later after this agony, a credit was received. And it is not over, they tricked AMEX and told them the refund was given much earlier. Liars, robots and cheaters.

sm295
8/14/18

They took my money and never sent the order through , they took almost 500$ from me , don't waste your money on this website

mikec646
8/14/18

iHerb used to provide excellent service. Now it's horrible. Their customer service is non existent. I've been waiting for an order to be shipped for a week and every response I get is different and complete garbage. They charged my credit card incorrect amounts and no response to my queries on that.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?