Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

ahmeti5
11/21/18

I placed order (Order Number: 401271337) ..They took/charged my 70 USD But "I never received my order" No product ...Although I got in touch with them for refund , Nobody interested in my request..I will not be shopping at IHerb again.

ellenk64
11/21/18

I never received my order. It may have been lost in transit. I contacted iHerb twice now with this problem. I was told to go looking for my shipment at my post office (it was not there), and I have been told to contact "the local", which I assume is the same thing. They do not have my shipment. I was also told my package arrived in Portugal. Customer service reps do not speak English well, and make the problem mine to solve, not theirs to help with. The attitude is - tough luck, that happens.

At this point, all I know is that IHerb has my money but I have not received my product, and I have gone to much, much more trouble than I would have, if I had gone to a brick-and-mortar store to buy it. I will not be shopping at IHerb again.

stanleyb54
11/14/18

Do not trust them they have no customer service number and all the information about my order was incorrect and then they even had me as a wrong customer . When they do not have a phone number then you get chat and email options ,then it turns into scam nothing else .

mp223
11/12/18

There was a loose seal on a coffee jar. I asked them if it is safe to use. I never got any answer. They wanted me to send a picture, but I do not know how to do it. I am 80 years old and not so savvy on a computer. But they insisted on the picture. They did not offer prepaid return label. I will never buy from them again. .

princec20
11/12/18

1 out of 5 stars on TrustPilot! Avoid these scamming thieves who try to weasel their way out of refunding for a parcel not received and returned to them. Not only did they not disclose extra custom charges which they tried to dump on our lap, but they keep claiming the parcel hasn't arrived back to the warehouse after three months! RoyalMail filed it as returned to sender over two months ago, and stated a maximum of two to three weeks to arrive back in the USA. Clearly someone at this company thinks they can pull a fast one on us because we are not in the USA. Other TrustPilot and Google reviews state the same issue we are facing. I will be reporting this to the BBB as well, as this is a recurring theme with their other international customers who have had parcels returned because a surprise undisclosed customs charge was needed to be paid before we could accept delivery! Then they have the cheek to take 80% of the value of the refund, to those parcels they actually admit arrived back to the warehouse. P. S. They do reply in a timely manner, but they just send you round in circles and it's pretty obvious their intentions after reading all their negative reviews online. We will never order from this scam site again and will be warning all friends and family!

sarahw365
11/10/18

Iherb is the WORST company for customer service! They no longer have telephone support - just chat and email! Probably because they don't want to hear from the irate customers like myself. They royally screwed up my order and said they were refunding my order, but did NOT! Do not trust this company. Every employee in support who I chatted with gave me a completely different story! The first one said - "Oh, it looks like your order was returned" The second one said "The courier returned your order" (and NO explanation) The third one said the courier never picked it up! The fourth one said the courier returned and and they reshipped it! Whichever story is true - no-one from customer service ever contacted me to let me know what was going on. When I told them if it has not gone out - I cannot wait any longer just refund me - they said they would and did NOT. I am now out $150.00. This is robbery!

I started a Paypal claim against Iherb - and then received an email from KIM saying I had to close my case in order for them to refund me - so I trusted them and closed the case - but did not receive my refund. Attached are photos of my order and KIM's letter to me

katk46
11/9/18

Customer service is terrible! Nobody give a #%*! They don't provide help , they don't care about their customers!
I was trying to buy my vitamins for 10 days! Every time the order was confirmed then they sent a vet email where were said they I have to call my bank, to get some stupid code - which means I had to call to the bank do a verification with them for about an hour to get a code for stupid site with vitamins!! Or I had to open my online statement to see how much they charged as a verification method which is also now the esyiest way and takes a lot of time to buy stupid vitamins!!!
Customer service provided 0 help!
The worst company!
The worst customer service!

gracea79
11/7/18

I have been a loyal customer to Iherb for 3 years now but since my last order with them which was placed on 10 Oct, 2018 (# 506113716) I will never ever again buy from Iherb. Their customer service is inconsistent, incompetent, irresponsible and careless. They don't give a $#*! to customer's order/ shipment/ inquiries.

Either Iherb or your shipping company (DHL which Iherb choose to affiliate with) refused to take responsibility for my order.

I used to place many orders to be shipped to Hong Kong and there were no problem. But my last order was sent to Vietnam as I wanted to give my mom a gift. I thought Iherb would know how to handle the shipment with customs and their DHL logistic company in Vietnam, but I was wrong. Other foreigner friends of mine have had no problem with Vietnam custom and logistic from Iherb, except me as I am a Vietnamese so they want to suck my blood. Now my order is still with Custom clearance in DHL's custody and they help nothing beside asking me to do their jobs: custom clearing with full of paper works, taxes (import tax, VAT, etc) clearance, fee for checking products hygiene or I have to get a hygienic certificate from manufacture which Iherb failed to provide it (Iherb even asked me to contact direct to manufactures in the US to get one), etc.

With all the troubles I and my family are going through in Vietnam, I finally requested Iherb to help ask DHL to ship my order to Hong Kong rather than return it to their warehouse as it would reduce costs for customers and waste everyone's time. But they refused to help.

I will keep writing bad reviews about you, Iherb, until you get your $#*! together and serve the customers right. Stop putting your right/bull$#*! first as we are your customers. You failed to do your job and refused to compensate the customers.

Iherb is a bad company. Don't ever shop with them.

caseyc94
10/30/18

I placed an order with you guys 7 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I've contacted you now 10 times and DHL four times.

My order # is 505866762-0

In every instance, either you or your shipping company has refused to accept responsibility. Finally yesterday, a DHL representative told me a bunch of IHerb shipments sent via Global Mail have been going missing in New Zealand once the packages arrive in Auckland. I've contacted New Zealand Post and they have no record. I've concluded that someone either in DHL's Auckland office or the NZ Postal office is stealing the packages. I want a refund and three units of the same item I've ordered or I will continue to post negative reviews of IHerb on every review site I can find.

Here is a copy of the last review of your company I posted:

I'm a busy guy trying to run a small business and take care of my family. I don't have time to have to write you ten times when you fail to provide what I've paid you for. You chose the shipping method. Your are ultimately responsible for this situtaion.

You guys have terrible customer service and management and deserve to suffer the consequences. You are also bad people. A pox and gypsy's curse on you and your families.

Sincerely,

Casey Cravens

garym452
10/23/18

They don't even rating of 1. Don't do business with iHerb. They have no customer service. No phone number. The only form of communication is through a robot online chat box or an robot email system. They don't care about their customers. If you have a problem with them, they will make it your problem. If you communicate with them through their email address, their answer are always boiler plate answers. It appears they never read the messages or they have people that don't understand English. I have tried for over three weeks to get a consistent answer as to why they would not ship a specific product to California when they ship other products that are identical but under a different brad and all I ever got was a run around and never a straight answer.

andrewt227
10/21/18

I ordered iodine, and iodide in two separate orders. And separate companies. Both times the bottles came back with a clear water like solution. I am beginning to wonder about the rest of their products now.

johnb2031
10/20/18

Buyer BEWARE.My order arrived both quite late and was incomplete, i.e. ordered items were missing.Though their customer service answers complaints quickly, they fail to actually refund you your monies owed. Instead, I got the strong impression that they just stall you for time and also provide conflicting advice.In particular, they initially ask you to cancel any PayPal dispute and state that they only make a refund once this is done. Then they do not refund you. And then they tell you to open a PayPal dispute if need be. PayPal does not allow enabling disputes that have already been closed, so you are left without recourse there.I escalated this matter to American Express, which is the card I used for payment, and they did refund me my monies. Nonetheless, I DO NOT recommend DOing BUSINESS WITH iHerb and also NEVER SHUT-DOWN your PAYPAL DISPUTE until you have received your monies.Copies of related correspondence proving the latter points are available, and in light of the many negative reviews one can find online I strongly caution anyone to avoid this supplier.

paulf299
10/11/18

i put four items in my basket, rang a friend to see if they wanted anything and transferred funds into my bank account. When i re checked my basket they had emptied it. When i re entered the items they were all increased in price. Instead of $100 my basket was now nearly $140. What a rip off, huge increase in prices in minutes. Got a badly worded cut and paste type response to my complaint to them and was upset as i have been with this company years and spent a fortune, But no more , i will never use them again

chrism817
10/10/18

Thank you for contacting iHerb.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. If your order is returned to us for any of the following reasons we will refund your payment method for the product returned minus the original shipping fees and any additional fees incurred to return the products to our warehouse (including return postage, handling, storage, and quarantine fees).

Undeliverable address
No one available to accept the delivery
Order refused by the customer
Refusal to pay customs fees
Refused by Customs
Note: There are times when customs may decide not to reroute the package or the cost to return the items exceed the cost of the products, the package will be abandoned and no refund will be available.

Confiscated by Customs Orders: If your order or certain products are confiscated by customs due to the items being restricted then no refund will be available.

Since the tracking has not been updated yet with the return, we will need to allow more time for this to be processed. Once your order is received back, we will process a Return Claim for the package and you will receive an email confirmation with further details.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Sincerely,

Joar C.

iHerb.Com Customer Service

22780 Harley Knox Blvd, Perris, CA 92570 USA

patf49
10/10/18

Words cannot describe how bad the "customer service" experience is with this company. They no longer have a telephone number where customers can call them. That is a red flag, right there. I used to rave about them, and particularly about their customer service. But I have been put through the wringer attempting to communicate with them about a minor problem. Addressed efficiently, it would have been very simple to resolve. I've emailed and online chatted with them countless times of, each time receiving messages signed as being from a different "person" who obviously hasn't got a clue about what I wrote before. The stupidity of this will come back to haunt them.

Update: since posting my review, I've spoken with the shipper iherb used to send my last order (and it will be the last order I place with them ever again). The shipper informs me the tracking number iherb provided is not even in the format their numbers use. They were able to find my order in their system through my name and address. Shame on you, iherb!

helenp115
10/4/18

I tried to place an order but PayPal payment got cancelled, though there was no issue with either my card or PayPal. I tried again (several times), same thing. I contacted customer care to see what was wrong and it was like they couldn't understand what I was saying. Every time a different person gave me a different answer for the same problem! Finally, I got tired and ordered from Yesstyle (which, by the way, is great)

mj148
10/2/18

i bought a fish oil from here and the item Receives broken, I reported for return and refund or reorder but no respondents

masn
9/26/18

If you do not get your package, or receive a defective item, or are missing an item, they don't give a sh*t!!
They will not refund or compensate you for any reason, their customer service is non existent. I wish i bought my supplements locally.

manuelm119

Dear all,

We have been scammed by this company "iHerb, Inc. 22780 Harley Knox Blvd Perris, CA".
They did not deliver the products we have ordered, and after several months of emails/calls with the support of DHL (their shipping company), we received information from DHL France that iHerb refused to deliver the product and also to refund our money.
It is typically a scam, beware, they random this practice to thousands of customers. Better you order in Amazon or somewhere else the products they offer you can find them everywhere in the net.
With Regards.

bv31
9/26/18

...and whatever you do, don't use the Lasership shipping service for delivery of your purchase. Lasership's "service", and I use that term as lightly as I do for Iherb itself, is very limited. you better be home when they come, and you won't know when they're coming, and god help you if you try to get ahold of Lasership because it's incredibly hard - and that's still easier than getting ahold of IHERB, because you can't. no phone number, they don't do calls. so if LASERSHIP screws up, IHERB will not be there to help you.

samani1
9/24/18

They are liers , I ordered stuff from them, never received. Called the courier company lasership, no help at all. Iherb customer service is a joke . No one helps and solves ur issue. They are cheaters

eddieo12
9/24/18

This company has terrible customer service if your delivery goes missing..they deny all responsiblity and just pass you from one customer service representative to the next

priyankap19
9/19/18

Please DO NOT order anything from this website. I ordered a hairspray and shampoo worth Rs.1200 + Rs.800 shipping (DHL) and DHL sent me a bill of Rs.2017 on the last day of delivery as customs duty amount. (a complete surprise. They only mention that there will be customs duty on your product and don't mention anything even tentatively about how much it can be). So basically you will have to pay 350% of the actual cost of the products. I decided not to pay the customs duty and hence my Rs. 2000 went down the drain.

O and I forgot to mention the KYC drama of DHL. I lost my peace of mind trying to provide them with all the ID proof documents which they did not mention anything about on the iHerbs website while billing.

It is painful and extremely expensive website that's there only to fleece you and does not care a damn about it's customers once they get the payment.

claudr14
9/19/18

I have been ordering from iherb for at least 8 years now and this is the worst it has been so far. A few years ago there was a problem with restrictions being placed on certain products into Korea and my packages were held at customs for days. Many phone calls later they finally released the orders. I was never notified when ordering that there were any restrictions and it wasn't written anywhere on their website. Finally started seeing them add which items were restricted. Probably after many complaints. Now the problem is packaging/shipping. Each month it takes longer for them to pack and ship my order. Initially I would order Sunday night and have my package here by Friday. Then it was the following week on Monday or Tuesday and now (my most recent order) wasn't packed until Thursday (I ordered on Saturday). Customer service gave generic apology and said it would be here by next week. Problem is next MTW are holidays here and I won't get my package until Thurs/Fri.

To say the least I'm irate and am looking for alternative ways to get my supplements! Hello Coupang!

philh110
9/14/18

Ruined the olympia experience, I hope this site gets burned from the backlash of bodybuilding fans! Rest in peace iHerb cause you did this to yourself.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?