Review of iHerb

Star 3

Star 4

Star 5

Published 5 minutes ago

I wound not let my cat go on their

I wound not let my cat go on their website they said it was a government taxes when delivering and if I don't paid the tax it will be sent back to the company with no refund so no I will have to pay and when I require with today this what they sent me
Dear Lucy Thompson,

Thank you for choosing iHerb.com for your supplement needs.

We apologize if you were unaware that duties and taxes are charged by your country to import the products you ordered. We do our best to provide all the information regarding international shipping during checkout to avoid any confusion.

Unfortunately, iHerb.com does not have a way to provide specific duties and fee amounts. It is determined by Customs and the courier is simply the collector.

If you choose not to pay the fees incurred by Customs, the package will be rerouted back to iHerb.com and once the package is received, we will refund the order. The refund will be minus the shipping and the return costs which is normally 80% of the order total. The reason the return shipping costs are so high is because of the return freight not being discounted, warehouse and storage fees. We would advise accepting your package as if you refuse it you risk not receiving a refund based on our policy.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Sincerely,

Chris Alphonse
iHerb.Com Customer Service

22780 Harley Knox Blvd, Perris, CA 92570 USA

robertw805
6/21/18

they lost a parcel of mine through DHL, iHERB has given me no support in tracking it down or refunding me. Warning to others, don't buy from IHerb or deal with DHL

baselz
6/19/18

Anyone needs help text me on telegram @a111z1. Especially who paid with paypal. I always get the refund if there's any slightly mistake with the products. I did not try the whole order just some items.
The website is great so far.

maryg453
6/19/18

Do not order anything with this company items does not get delivered and they don't return your money or issue a refund.

luizr9
6/18/18

Re: Request for Order iHerb Submitted - 404511313 [# 4DECFFBC3-40B59EDF]
Luiz H R Ribeiro
iherb (info@iherb.com)
I understand, you're going to keep my money and I'll be without my merchandise. You are dishonest !!!!!!!

I NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITH YOU !!!

I WILL PLACE SOCIAL NETWORKS AS THE CUSTOMERS TREAT!

I believed in you and threw away 74 Euros.

eveg17
6/13/18

I had been waiting for about a month for products ordered from iHerb. I attempted to go into my account to find out what is happening only to find that I am locked out of my account.

I had to use their poor service of 'live chat customer service' to find out what is going on. She was not able to tell me anything other than she has no idea why I have not received my products ordered over a month ago, nor was she able to tell me why I am locked out of my account. She referred me to send an email to some other department. . . . Seriously!!! Are you Not customer service.

Anyways, Very Bad Experience. No live people to talk to ever. Took my money and did not deliver products. I now have to contact my bank and see about recovering those funds!

lizs129
6/12/18

I placed an order and paid through paypal. Two days later I get an email saying my order was cancelled due to issues they were having. They said it would take up to a month to refund my money. It was suggested I order again, so basically pay double for a month.

Beware this site.

kukik
6/12/18

This web site should not be there, reason it is spoiling the name of other honest online websites. I could only say please watch out And don't ever order from I herb they are conned people

ellae12
6/9/18

My order had been cancelled twice or thrice without notifying that my account has been deactivated. I just found out when i talked to one of their agent thru live support. They asked me to email and i did. And after that i was advised to reorder again but apparntly they cancelled it again. Been waiting for my items for days already!!! Im pissed of widnur service!! U guys dont give importance to ur clients!!!! Will not order from you again!!!

mjp15
6/9/18

Customer service is a joke. They don't take customer service phone calls! Their chat feature doesn't appear to work on a Saturday!
They issued an RMA for a product they got back damaged in transit before it was even received. My 82 yr old mother-in-law can't get help this way! She has to dispute the credit card charge and try to get iherb.com to issue a credit! Going out of business much iherb.com??

Tip for consumers: Don't use the site. You might pay more elsewhere but it will be from a more reputable company.

lizam30
6/7/18

Not notified of taxes and duties. Order was put in the incorrect name causing major Taxation and issues in my country. A company that ships internationally should be aware of where they are shipping to. Items labeled as Pharmaceuticals causing additional bureaucracy in my country. Total cost of order 80 Euros total cost to pick up order 160 euros. Ask company to accept responsibility for incorrect delivery name and labeling a product and they refused. Absolutely unacceptable constantly sending me pictures of their disclaimers and not accepting responsibility.

elainej47
6/1/18
• Updated review

The box I received after paying £12.95 postage, states the cost of 4 items is £34.38, iherb has said that tax is calculated on the amount stated on custom form, then why should this company exaggerate the price paid ? I received 3 items and paid in total £26.31. Iherb should have customers best interest and not wanting them to pay added false additional custom charges ? I fail to understand !

Small herbal pills rattling around in an over sized empty space box, with custom form declaration of contents as Rounding Adjustment ?

Surely A paper padded envelope could have been used...really ! These pills are encased in plastic !

“THE SENDER IHERB HAS NOT PAID POSTAGE UK BUYERS BEWARE”
5/28/18
• Previous review

THE SENDER IHERB HAS NOT PAID FULL POSTAGE UK BUYERS BEWARE
Having just been informed that I am having to pay a further £12.95 delivery, tax and handling charges before I receive this delivery, REALLY ? Transparency and guides of actual delivery costs and Uk taxes relating to orders, would ALLLOW CHOICE. As free delivery to the Uk is deceiving the buyer. There is no help whatsoever from this company, other than an emailed standard letter, which suggests that refusing this product may result in further payment ? UK BUYERS BEWARE
Having ordered more products before I was aware of this cost. I cancelled within hours as there was no tracking, or evidence my order had been despatched. IHERB overruled my right to cancel, and I have to pay a further extra £20 postage to Uk courier....really, these are small herbal tablets !

al24305
5/31/18

iHerb used to be a great site, but recently placed an order and a series of horrible events happened.

1) Order was delayed to dispatch - on their website it says dispatch within 24hours. This did not happen, it has been 8 working days now. I contacted iHerb on 3 occasions. Twice via their Chat and once via PayPal to dispute. Every time I get the same answer " We will raise this issue to Management and they will respond within 48 hours" Of course I received no answer. It has been 4 days now.

2) 2 days ago, I checked my credit card bill and iHerb mysteriously charged me $500!! I immediately contacted their customer service and of course no one could explain this and they said I order something when clearly I did not nor could I find this "order" in my account. Once again customer service said "We will raise this issue to Management" I am starting to wonder where this mysterious Management is.

I have been patient with them but this is starting to get ridiculous. I hope PayPal can help resolve this issue as well as my credit card company.

mk157
5/29/18

Honestly, I had ordered from them before and had problems, but now, I have a $50 charge for gross protein powder which I did not order and they claim I did, and I am supposed to return it at my cost from overseas to get a refund. They only blame me. Terrible customer service. Never again.

susanp337
5/28/18

I have been shopping for years at this place! This year they claimed to have shipped my package and I never got it. They claimed it came back to their storage unit and refused to give me a full refund! After that, they THREATENED me and decided to take ALL OF MY MONEY!

STAY AWAY THEY ARE NOT SENDING PACKAGES AND THEN THEY DO NOT REFUND YOU!!!!!

BE CAREFUL THEY ARE A SCAM AND FRAUD SITE!

They stole $30 from me, a small amount but it could have been $100.

Tip for consumers: Do not shop there.
I am appalled as to what happened. I had zero issues in the past 2 years and now I doubt if their products are even real. A website that would steal $30 is dangerous! I do not trust them or the products they sell.

meredithb25
5/23/18

Ordered some life Flo magnesium for my mom and some magnesium soap. Paid for it on my debit card. Estimated delivery was may 17th -18th. Ordered it on the 11th of May. My mom said she never got it on the 20th. I email them and ask them why. They said it's bc the zip code doesnt match the shipping address. I went to my archived emails to check the shipping info i gave them and it was all correct. I emailed them again 2 days ago and told them if there's a problem shipping it I want my money back. Haven't heard a thing. Their site doesn't even recognize my email when I try to log in, even though I have archived msgs if the order number, my email and everything. Guess I've lost 27 00. Won't ever order with them again. Never have had such an awful online ordering experience...

maryr436
5/23/18

Like many others here, they cancel your order without any notification and when you finally ask about the status of your order they basically blame it on you saying they needed additional info (even though they never communicated that in the first place?!?!) dont confirm an order with estimated delivery of more info is needed!! BEWARE!!!

agnea2
5/19/18

If you have any choice - believe me you want to stay away! Yes I was using them for a long time, and Im lucky my orders were smooth, but when a problem occured with address thats when you see how they care for customers. Customer service is absolutly useless - all agents feeding you with different stories and nothing actually happens. They not even trying to solve you problem. I would never ise it again.

vitob23
5/19/18

WORST COMPANY. !!!! PRODUCT OLD AND STINKY. CAME FROM INDIA OLD OLD OLD. NEVER HAD BAD EXPERIENCE WITH NOBODY

yumim2
5/17/18

ordered the item on the 10th, states that expected delivery is on the 17, i received no updates, NOTHING, i emailed them on the 18 asking what happened to my order and they said "we are showing that it was canceled due to payment is not completed within the valid time period. Our Verification Team needed additional information and since it was not provided within a timely manner the order was cancelled"

I told them that they COULD HAVE TOLD ME INSTEAD OF ME, instead of waiting me wait and asking where is my order and the customer service replied back and said "Please be informed that we've sent you the confirmation via email regarding the cancellation of your order. Kindly check if the confirmation rerouted to your spam or junk folder." what nonsense, i did not receive any email about cancelling my order

I have bought from iherb 2 years ago and had no problems and now it went downhill

sumedhd
5/17/18

the iherb will never tell you the actual price of the product after delivery because simply you wont order if you get to know i ordered on gold standered whey protein for aprox 4900(including shipping) now at the time of delivery the dhl(shipping company) charging 2551 indian rupees for taxes which makes product approx 7400 inr in india max retail price for the product is 6700 i request you all pls dont buy anything beacuse they are legally scamming you.

maryj501
5/16/18

Ordered two items and received an order confirmation email that it would arrive in 4-5 days. Package never even shipped after the expected arrival date. I finally contacted them and they said they cancelled the order. Apparently they needed more info from me (which I dont know what they need other than payment, contact, billing/shipping info I provided) in a timely manner. First of all, how was I supposed to know that additional info was needed if you never even notified me? Secondly, why would I get an order confirmation email if more info was needed? Lastly, at least notify me when the order is cancelled!! Ugh.. sounds like similar issues happened to a lot of people. I wont be ordering from them again.

elsiej4
5/15/18

Never received my order until I contacted IHerb for status update 1 week later. If I could give a MINUS RATING I would have now! Order was cancelled & I was never informed. I urgently needed my order for my very elderly parent!

janeth178
5/9/18

Terrible customer service...never got my item and no refund. They say you have to wait up to 3 months for items to arrive...WHY?

prabhjeets
5/5/18

product took 2.5 months to arrive when i was promised delivery within 4 weeks.
I ordered on Canadian website with delivery in toronto and ordered for over $50 to get free shipping. still i had to pay $15.00 additional to receive this package.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?