Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

kathleenw123
7/2/18

I was offered free shipping and when I placed my order it was in the evening. At checkout I was told that I would have it by 7/2/18. Today when I check the shipping info, it says it would be delivered by 7/5/18. And there customer is non existent. They don't give a number but I got it from the web and it says no longer doing c.s via phone and chat - a joke - I will not be using them again and I suggest that no one should,

lindaa274
7/1/18

My shipment did not arrive to vienna, plus I have to pay for the authorities 200 euro fine with 12 hour jail time cause of my order. it contained supplements for bones and digestion that are illegal in europe which the website did not bother to mention. 200 euro for a $#*!ing order I never got and I don't deserve to pay.

danielc205
6/30/18

Their customer service is so bad .. I can't find a proper word to describe it. To summarize their behaviour , they are polite but it's "their way or no way" which means they will never help you or address your concerns. . They are telling you that they will investigate but they never respond or give you a clear answer.. They will send you generic responses that they copy and paste... We can say that their customer service is Fraud because they do nothing to help customers . I was charged for taxes that are not applicable to my country; I gave them the information related to at least 10 previous orders for which they only charged me a tax of 5% but suddenly the tax rate has jumped without any regulations changes or anything in my country .Because they refused to truly address the problem, I told them, I will log a dispute with Paypal. Their response can be summarized to "we don't care and do it". On another instance , there was a great deal for a certain product, I put them in the cart but I realized that I couldn't get free shipping even though the total was greater than 200$ ..They basically forced my order to pay a very large shipping amount in the range of 40 $ .. When I asked them , why ? their response was that the usual carrier can't ship this supplement So I choose another brand and the free carrier could be selected, so it wasn't because the supplement had some restrictions or anything like that... So they are lying, bull$#*!ting people to cash in and put all kind of barriers to prevent you from getting their deals at the price they advertise. They are truly AWFUL and Stay away unless you want to be ripped off

kregm
6/27/18

Since they have started charging sales taxes in USA their discount codes do not work. The discount will show up in your cart they it will magically disappear in final payment phase so you get screwed. This has happened multiple times. And customer service is a lost case! The worst ever customer service located in the middle of Pacific Ocean and replies with copy and paste answers which are totally not related to your request. What a joke! Been with them for 5 years and this company has turned into a cash scamming business. GREEDY BASTARDS!

levm
6/26/18

My shipment has never arrived, their tracking number is not valid. They blame the post office, they blame me! for choosing the standard shipping method instead of UPS, which would make my order economically not viable at all.

davidk684
6/26/18

I sent an order overseas to the UK. I a large fee for the shipping, but the section of Duties & Taxes said $0. When DHL tried to delivery my item to the recipient, they wanted a large duty payment of 17 pounds sterling! The recipient refused delivery, and I told DHL to return the items to iHerb.com. I contacted the company, and they said I would be charged 80% of my refund to pay for return shipping, and "I should have known" about the Duties and Taxes!! I said, my order said $0 for this. No matter, that is what it is, like it or not. They would not give me any latitude with anything at all, nothing, would not listen to me, would not hear me, would not deal with me. Horrible company. Horrible customer service. You cannot even talk with them on the telephone! Everything must be chat or email. Bunch of crap. They are the worst. The worst. The WORST.

aliyahm3
6/25/18

In short, I think theyre pretty unscrupulous and involved in scamming customers. They lied about the date my package would be delivered. First, the website said the next day. Then, it somehow changed to 3 days. They used Lasership (which also sucks and should be shut down) to deliver my supplements which never came. Lasership lied about attempting delivery to my home twice but I have a camera monitoring the front of my home. They never came. In an attempt to explain this to Lasership upon both occasions, I was told I had to wait for the system to be updated although I showed them proof that my package was never delivered. They also dont have any type of phone number you can call to speak to a person. I found my supplements on another site for a few dollars more. Ill gladly pay extra to ensure I actually receive what I ordered. At this point, still waiting for my refund.

robg91
6/25/18

i had to pay 24 euro custom taxes for an order of 50euro!!
This was marked on the order in small letters somewhere not very noticeable, not clear at all!! For this kind of extra cost they should make that clear on ordering not muffle it away, this way it is an active policy of fooling people.

danav26
6/24/18

My first order went well with them - fast shipping, promo, loyalty credit, good prices.

My second order - nope. Ordered and got a promo as well as a discount for buying bulk. The prices were much better that way, but it seems iHerb did not want to sell them for that. I got an order confirmation stating my order was getting ready to ship, then three days later an email stating my order was canceled because I had not paid.

The website does not allow one to enter an order without a payment entered. Furthermore, my credit card showed a pending payment to iHerb right away when I placed the order, and still shows as pending even after they canceled my order for non-payment. My bank confirmed they are waiting in iHerb to complete the transaction on their end.

I logged into iHerb to try to place again - the order price almost doubled!!! No promo (it expired) and no more bulk discount. I tried to place a new order - sure enough - the price for the bulk discount went from a savings of $20/bottle down to $7/bottle since I placed it.

They do not honor prices and apparently jack them up at a moment's notice. Despite my order being canceled due to a "payment issue", it is still showing pending at my bank, and I cannot remove it. They have been notified that the vendor canceled my order; they also told me they see a lot of issues like this with iHerb.

abhishekd8
6/24/18

I ordered muscle tech protein from iherb... Initially price displayed was 3100....then courier charges...500...then it took hell lot of effort to get KYC and custom clearance..... customer support from iherb is pathetic....they didn't reply to email....no tele number....n just a online chat messenger which gives no support.....after 1 week late delivery they took 2600 custom clearance charges...so total around 6100... I was getting same product at 5000 at other sites....

coryd28
6/23/18

I ordered creatine. Two weeks go by and nothing arrived. When I asked iherb they said the shipping company they sent it through didn't find my house. So iherb took my shipping cost anyway and never sent it back. I wonder if iherb would like any more free money from me?

lucyt45
6/21/18

Star 1

Star 2

Star 3

Star 4

Star 5

Published 5 minutes ago

I wound not let my cat go on their

I wound not let my cat go on their website they said it was a government taxes when delivering and if I don't paid the tax it will be sent back to the company with no refund so no I will have to pay and when I require with today this what they sent me
Dear Lucy Thompson,

Thank you for choosing iHerb.com for your supplement needs.

We apologize if you were unaware that duties and taxes are charged by your country to import the products you ordered. We do our best to provide all the information regarding international shipping during checkout to avoid any confusion.

Unfortunately, iHerb.com does not have a way to provide specific duties and fee amounts. It is determined by Customs and the courier is simply the collector.

If you choose not to pay the fees incurred by Customs, the package will be rerouted back to iHerb.com and once the package is received, we will refund the order. The refund will be minus the shipping and the return costs which is normally 80% of the order total. The reason the return shipping costs are so high is because of the return freight not being discounted, warehouse and storage fees. We would advise accepting your package as if you refuse it you risk not receiving a refund based on our policy.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Sincerely,

Chris Alphonse
iHerb.Com Customer Service

22780 Harley Knox Blvd, Perris, CA 92570 USA

robertw805
6/21/18

they lost a parcel of mine through DHL, iHERB has given me no support in tracking it down or refunding me. Warning to others, don't buy from IHerb or deal with DHL

baselz
6/19/18

Anyone needs help text me on telegram @a111z1. Especially who paid with paypal. I always get the refund if there's any slightly mistake with the products. I did not try the whole order just some items.
The website is great so far.

maryg453
6/19/18

Do not order anything with this company items does not get delivered and they don't return your money or issue a refund.

luizr9
6/18/18

Re: Request for Order iHerb Submitted - 404511313 [# 4DECFFBC3-40B59EDF]
Luiz H R Ribeiro
iherb (info@iherb.com)
I understand, you're going to keep my money and I'll be without my merchandise. You are dishonest !!!!!!!

I NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITH YOU !!!

I WILL PLACE SOCIAL NETWORKS AS THE CUSTOMERS TREAT!

I believed in you and threw away 74 Euros.

eveg17
6/13/18

I had been waiting for about a month for products ordered from iHerb. I attempted to go into my account to find out what is happening only to find that I am locked out of my account.

I had to use their poor service of 'live chat customer service' to find out what is going on. She was not able to tell me anything other than she has no idea why I have not received my products ordered over a month ago, nor was she able to tell me why I am locked out of my account. She referred me to send an email to some other department. . . . Seriously!!! Are you Not customer service.

Anyways, Very Bad Experience. No live people to talk to ever. Took my money and did not deliver products. I now have to contact my bank and see about recovering those funds!

lizs129
6/12/18

I placed an order and paid through paypal. Two days later I get an email saying my order was cancelled due to issues they were having. They said it would take up to a month to refund my money. It was suggested I order again, so basically pay double for a month.

Beware this site.

kukik
6/12/18

This web site should not be there, reason it is spoiling the name of other honest online websites. I could only say please watch out And don't ever order from I herb they are conned people

ellae12
6/9/18

My order had been cancelled twice or thrice without notifying that my account has been deactivated. I just found out when i talked to one of their agent thru live support. They asked me to email and i did. And after that i was advised to reorder again but apparntly they cancelled it again. Been waiting for my items for days already!!! Im pissed of widnur service!! U guys dont give importance to ur clients!!!! Will not order from you again!!!

mjp15
6/9/18

Customer service is a joke. They don't take customer service phone calls! Their chat feature doesn't appear to work on a Saturday!
They issued an RMA for a product they got back damaged in transit before it was even received. My 82 yr old mother-in-law can't get help this way! She has to dispute the credit card charge and try to get iherb.com to issue a credit! Going out of business much iherb.com??

Tip for consumers: Don't use the site. You might pay more elsewhere but it will be from a more reputable company.

lizam30
6/7/18

Not notified of taxes and duties. Order was put in the incorrect name causing major Taxation and issues in my country. A company that ships internationally should be aware of where they are shipping to. Items labeled as Pharmaceuticals causing additional bureaucracy in my country. Total cost of order 80 Euros total cost to pick up order 160 euros. Ask company to accept responsibility for incorrect delivery name and labeling a product and they refused. Absolutely unacceptable constantly sending me pictures of their disclaimers and not accepting responsibility.

elainej47
6/1/18
• Updated review

The box I received after paying £12.95 postage, states the cost of 4 items is £34.38, iherb has said that tax is calculated on the amount stated on custom form, then why should this company exaggerate the price paid ? I received 3 items and paid in total £26.31. Iherb should have customers best interest and not wanting them to pay added false additional custom charges ? I fail to understand !

Small herbal pills rattling around in an over sized empty space box, with custom form declaration of contents as Rounding Adjustment ?

Surely A paper padded envelope could have been used...really ! These pills are encased in plastic !

“THE SENDER IHERB HAS NOT PAID POSTAGE UK BUYERS BEWARE”
5/28/18
• Previous review

THE SENDER IHERB HAS NOT PAID FULL POSTAGE UK BUYERS BEWARE
Having just been informed that I am having to pay a further £12.95 delivery, tax and handling charges before I receive this delivery, REALLY ? Transparency and guides of actual delivery costs and Uk taxes relating to orders, would ALLLOW CHOICE. As free delivery to the Uk is deceiving the buyer. There is no help whatsoever from this company, other than an emailed standard letter, which suggests that refusing this product may result in further payment ? UK BUYERS BEWARE
Having ordered more products before I was aware of this cost. I cancelled within hours as there was no tracking, or evidence my order had been despatched. IHERB overruled my right to cancel, and I have to pay a further extra £20 postage to Uk courier....really, these are small herbal tablets !

al24305
5/31/18

iHerb used to be a great site, but recently placed an order and a series of horrible events happened.

1) Order was delayed to dispatch - on their website it says dispatch within 24hours. This did not happen, it has been 8 working days now. I contacted iHerb on 3 occasions. Twice via their Chat and once via PayPal to dispute. Every time I get the same answer " We will raise this issue to Management and they will respond within 48 hours" Of course I received no answer. It has been 4 days now.

2) 2 days ago, I checked my credit card bill and iHerb mysteriously charged me $500!! I immediately contacted their customer service and of course no one could explain this and they said I order something when clearly I did not nor could I find this "order" in my account. Once again customer service said "We will raise this issue to Management" I am starting to wonder where this mysterious Management is.

I have been patient with them but this is starting to get ridiculous. I hope PayPal can help resolve this issue as well as my credit card company.

mk157
5/29/18

Honestly, I had ordered from them before and had problems, but now, I have a $50 charge for gross protein powder which I did not order and they claim I did, and I am supposed to return it at my cost from overseas to get a refund. They only blame me. Terrible customer service. Never again.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?