Review of iHerb

Tel: 951-616-3600
info@iherb.com

mk157
5/29/18

Honestly, I had ordered from them before and had problems, but now, I have a $50 charge for gross protein powder which I did not order and they claim I did, and I am supposed to return it at my cost from overseas to get a refund. They only blame me. Terrible customer service. Never again.

susanp337
5/28/18

I have been shopping for years at this place! This year they claimed to have shipped my package and I never got it. They claimed it came back to their storage unit and refused to give me a full refund! After that, they THREATENED me and decided to take ALL OF MY MONEY!

STAY AWAY THEY ARE NOT SENDING PACKAGES AND THEN THEY DO NOT REFUND YOU!!!!!

BE CAREFUL THEY ARE A SCAM AND FRAUD SITE!

They stole $30 from me, a small amount but it could have been $100.

Tip for consumers: Do not shop there.
I am appalled as to what happened. I had zero issues in the past 2 years and now I doubt if their products are even real. A website that would steal $30 is dangerous! I do not trust them or the products they sell.

meredithb25
5/23/18

Ordered some life Flo magnesium for my mom and some magnesium soap. Paid for it on my debit card. Estimated delivery was may 17th -18th. Ordered it on the 11th of May. My mom said she never got it on the 20th. I email them and ask them why. They said it's bc the zip code doesnt match the shipping address. I went to my archived emails to check the shipping info i gave them and it was all correct. I emailed them again 2 days ago and told them if there's a problem shipping it I want my money back. Haven't heard a thing. Their site doesn't even recognize my email when I try to log in, even though I have archived msgs if the order number, my email and everything. Guess I've lost 27 00. Won't ever order with them again. Never have had such an awful online ordering experience...

maryr436
5/23/18

Like many others here, they cancel your order without any notification and when you finally ask about the status of your order they basically blame it on you saying they needed additional info (even though they never communicated that in the first place?!?!) dont confirm an order with estimated delivery of more info is needed!! BEWARE!!!

agnea2
5/19/18

If you have any choice - believe me you want to stay away! Yes I was using them for a long time, and Im lucky my orders were smooth, but when a problem occured with address thats when you see how they care for customers. Customer service is absolutly useless - all agents feeding you with different stories and nothing actually happens. They not even trying to solve you problem. I would never ise it again.

vitob23
5/19/18

WORST COMPANY. !!!! PRODUCT OLD AND STINKY. CAME FROM INDIA OLD OLD OLD. NEVER HAD BAD EXPERIENCE WITH NOBODY

yumim2
5/17/18

ordered the item on the 10th, states that expected delivery is on the 17, i received no updates, NOTHING, i emailed them on the 18 asking what happened to my order and they said "we are showing that it was canceled due to payment is not completed within the valid time period. Our Verification Team needed additional information and since it was not provided within a timely manner the order was cancelled"

I told them that they COULD HAVE TOLD ME INSTEAD OF ME, instead of waiting me wait and asking where is my order and the customer service replied back and said "Please be informed that we've sent you the confirmation via email regarding the cancellation of your order. Kindly check if the confirmation rerouted to your spam or junk folder." what nonsense, i did not receive any email about cancelling my order

I have bought from iherb 2 years ago and had no problems and now it went downhill

sumedhd
5/17/18

the iherb will never tell you the actual price of the product after delivery because simply you wont order if you get to know i ordered on gold standered whey protein for aprox 4900(including shipping) now at the time of delivery the dhl(shipping company) charging 2551 indian rupees for taxes which makes product approx 7400 inr in india max retail price for the product is 6700 i request you all pls dont buy anything beacuse they are legally scamming you.

maryj501
5/16/18

Ordered two items and received an order confirmation email that it would arrive in 4-5 days. Package never even shipped after the expected arrival date. I finally contacted them and they said they cancelled the order. Apparently they needed more info from me (which I dont know what they need other than payment, contact, billing/shipping info I provided) in a timely manner. First of all, how was I supposed to know that additional info was needed if you never even notified me? Secondly, why would I get an order confirmation email if more info was needed? Lastly, at least notify me when the order is cancelled!! Ugh.. sounds like similar issues happened to a lot of people. I wont be ordering from them again.

elsiej4
5/15/18

Never received my order until I contacted IHerb for status update 1 week later. If I could give a MINUS RATING I would have now! Order was cancelled & I was never informed. I urgently needed my order for my very elderly parent!

janeth178
5/9/18

Terrible customer service...never got my item and no refund. They say you have to wait up to 3 months for items to arrive...WHY?

prabhjeets
5/5/18

product took 2.5 months to arrive when i was promised delivery within 4 weeks.
I ordered on Canadian website with delivery in toronto and ordered for over $50 to get free shipping. still i had to pay $15.00 additional to receive this package.

sl526
5/2/18

iHerb cancelled my confirmed order. When disputed immediately, iHerb took more than 10 days to give a terse and obscure response. When the response challenged, iHerb admitted the mistake but the order remained cancelled.

robertu22
4/30/18

I ordered five bottles of Paradise Turmeric Capsules from I Herb Inc on 14/4/2018 (via PayPal). As I had not received a delivery, or any tracking information by 30/4/2018, I sent a request to obtain this information. I was informed by the company, that as I had not used the email address that was utilised when the order was made they would not provide me with the information. I explained to the company that I had a number of email addresses that could have been used and even supplied the Transaction ID as I obtained from my PayPal transaction account - still no tracking information was provided. As the tracking information has not been provided I have been left to assume that it has not been dispatched from I Herb and will contact PayPal. Robert U.

amandac285
4/27/18

iherb cancelled my order in error. Paypal was ready and set to go and said merchant did not process order to generate payment. iherb made no attempt to fix their mistake and instead told me to re-order. Why should I fix iherb's mistake??? The whole idea of online ordering is convenience! iherb stuffed up and then the follow up, they stuffed up again. Mistakes happen and the true quality of this company would have been shown in how they went about fixing their mistake. Well, they simply didn't and just sent email platitudes with no action. They have shown they are completely incompetent and definitely don't care at all about the individual order. iherb have certainly lost my custom, but I know they don't care. Buyer beware. There are other customer companies you can use, use them rather. As you can see by the other reviews, a lot of unhappy customer.

claireh75
4/27/18

I ordered from the uk website, the invoice clearly stated zero taxes and duties, the parcel arrived and dhl demanded an extra £16 for tax or they would send my parcel back. I refused and am now fighting for a refund but after contacting the terrible customer service department it is looking unlikely.Dont bother wasting your time or money on this site!

rafaeld26
4/25/18

I have ordered once and the package hasn't arrived, and they refunded me.

This time, they just said they would not refund, after 3 months that the package was ordered. They are just taking the money from the customer and also from the courier, that pays them insurance for lost packages.

This is the way they are doing to get money, as their reputation is getting worse and worse each day.

shantid
4/24/18

My order was cancelled without notification. I found out when I was tracking the order. No answers to my several requests. Guess I will be taking my business elsewhere.

orianav
4/7/18

I bought 4 bottles of progesterone cream last november: never arrived, but I was refunded. I ordered another similar box: the box never arrived and I got NO refund. I ordered AGAIN (last January) another vitamin: it never arrived and no refund, too!
Now I order from another firm and progesterone cream arrives regularly.
NEVER MORE with Iherbs.

simonab6
3/30/18

Please do yourself a favor and never buy from Iherb. They are con artists. I bought from them for years and all of a sudden they refuse to ship products to Canada saying that it is prohibited by customs. These are vitamins, what could possibly be prohibited? It's a way for big companies to make you buy locally so you pay 2x or 3x the price.

ginar74
3/29/18

I was a loyal customer but they have lost me because their customer service is virtually inaccessible. I am not willing to spend hours (which is how long it was starting to take) to remedy a company's technical issues. I can get all of their products on other sites for slightly more ($1 or $2) with better technical functionality and actual customer service.

markd287
3/29/18

Don't bother with shop/site..... Daylight robbery...expect to get fobbed off with useless excuses when then fleece you of your heard earned cash. Ridiculous site that does not inform you of extortionate costs and are absolutely no help. Definitely take your business else where

zok
3/27/18

I have been a customer for years. I don't know what happened but once I saw that they were using LaserShip I knew I was in trouble. Package destroyed and sent back to iHerb. Never arrived at my location. All of this documented in the tracking log. Since there is not number to contact the company, I initiated on-line chat. What a nightmare. Told it was in customs (um I live in the US). Told I would have to take a picture of the damage and they would look into it. Proceeded to state that I never received the package. Told to contact shipper to receive picture of damage. Seriously!!!! Ended up opening a PayPal dispute and got a refund immediately.

barbaraf98
3/23/18

Reason for elimination of product: Keep animal diseases out of Switzerland. Product will not be re-imbursed by IHerb.... NEVER AGAIN

Customer Service sucks as they say even though they pay for custom fees that it is my job to review if I can import goods.

WHAT A JOKE

USD 65 LOST, what a dissapointment....

sandrak84
3/20/18

I ordered from iherb on a Friday morning and my goods were ready to deliver on Saturday morning. Great I hear you say until I get a text from DHL saying I had to pay £17 customs charges to have it released. Hang on tho I bought it from a site that was in British pounds and I already paid £3.99 delivery charges ( that was the price for delivery quoted) but now I find out its been shipped from USA (which I find hard to believe that quickly) but nevertheless I then email them to see what the hell is going on and am advised to pay the charges and shut up as if I refuse to the package will go back and I will incur return charges and they will amount to the whole amount Id paid in the first place. So basically I had no choice but to pay the charge and receive the package of or I would be £ 55 out of pocket with no supplement. This is utterly disgraceful, unashamedly, guiltless selling of the worst kind. It should not be allowed someone needs to put a stop to this before more people are scammed out of their money for things that most people need to try and live a healthier lifestyle or help a health problem that they are trying to live with. Angry just doesnt describe it

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?