HomeStars.ca

HomeStars.ca has a consumer rating of 2.99 stars from 98 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. HomeStars.ca also ranks 11th among Contractors sites. The most common issues with HomeStars.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently.
  • Mark came to the house (a very professional and caring young man) and determined where the problem was.

• I registered my company with HomeStars from more than 3 & half years.
  • Disgruntled employees are able to pose as customers and leave negative reviews (the investigation link is for show).
How would you rate HomeStars.ca?

“Carpet Cleaning”

Wayne B.
8/31/19

I had Oscar from Home Depot 126th Ave. S.E, Calgary, AB over to clean my carpets on 08/27/19. Oscar was on time, did a fantastic job. Very nice guy to deal with, very friendly and knowledgeable. Recommended and will use again inf the future.

“False advertising, they protect criminal...”

Bob C.
8/28/19

Buyer beware when using Homestars. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. The credentials contractors provide on HomeStars is NOT 100% ACCURATE. Contractors said to be Better Business Bureau accreddited ARE NOT ALL BBB members. HomeStars also knowingly keeps up contractor posts for companies that are fraudulent. One company in particular has been sued by several national banks and home owners, and has fled. His company website has been removed, his company registration has been revoked and removed, he fled his leased home and took his leased truck. Several people have posted about this individual, and HomeStars has made an effort to REMOVE those posts WARNING OTHERS not to get ripped off by this guy. All of my posts also warning others were removed and I was 'reminded of HomeStars stringent and honest and holier than though guidelines' when posting. They also state confidentiality reasons in preventing users from contacting each other in hopes of coordinating efforts to sue the jerk who ran off with all our money, to PROTECT the 'criminal' err I mean the contractor and other users and their identity. I'm sure they'll come back with a bunch of stuff about how I tried to post my email so the other person could contact me or how I basically said that the guy did not finish our project, never took out a permit, had us unknowingly sign a fake contract, and then took off with an unsafe structure with our money, using some fake excuse about his mother having cancer and dying (while he worked on several other projects and took their money too, before fleeing the city). His mother does not have cancer. But apparently HomeStars wants legal documents (none of their business) and other PROOF of our accusations before even CONSIDERING taking down an advertisement for a company that does not exist, portraying credentials that do not exist, and have deleted all the countless bad reviews that would have lowered his rating to a point where their own guidelines would have forced them to remove his profile. Until his paid subscription runs out HomeStars has no reason to remove a paying contractors ad from their site.

company (35) reviews (34) work (34) 10 score (4) convertible heating (4) bottom line (3) problem (8)
neilp72
October 8th, 2019
Jason from Ambitech home comfort was great, five stars all the way!. Had him replace my furnace and a/c recently as both went on me. Was recommended from a friend of a friend. He came out right away and took care of us, replacing both units at a great price. My wife and I liked the fact that he returned phones that were made to him( not chasing) and that he was very helpful. Would highly recommend Jason to install anything that is needed. Thanks again.
wayneb232
August 31st, 2019
hansf25
July 17th, 2019
Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. installed our new AC, gas furnace and thermostat in a timely and efficient manner. They even came up quickly with solutions for installing the furnace in the small cramped space of our basement. The furnace, AC and new thermostat were installed within a day's working hours, with everything tested, the old equipment removed, and the work area cleaned up.
danielg432
June 9th, 2019
Cornice Trim Ltd. installed crown moulding along with chair rail and boxing underneath at our home. They were very quick ( all in one day ), neat and conscientious. They did a superb job and I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to upgrade their home by adding some decorative moulding.
mikef387
May 24th, 2019
I was referred to Rolando at Olympia Town Aluminum to do my windows I contacted him and he came over that same day to measure and give me a quoted. His quality of work and detail to installing were amazing. After install he walked me through what he did and how he did it. If you are looking for a reliable window person and siding Rolando is your guy I would recommend him to anybody.
debbieg171
January 28th, 2019
I have always had excellent service by this company. In particular, I always ask for Raymond Wong. He is thorough, explains everything so well and cleans up. He is there at the appointed time. Great service.
joannem92
April 11th, 2018
Technician Ali K was very professional, pleasant and punctual when performing my furnace inspection, cleaning and tune-up, and offered top notch service and lined up a date for next year's servicing as a 'plus' customer
tonys203
February 5th, 2018
Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently. They arrived on time, did an excellent job with attention to detail, and cleaned up really well after. Their price and warranty are great. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
mohammadq4
May 24th, 2017
I asked Mint Leaf Kitchen Cabinets to give me quote for my investment Property at 148 Town House Cres, Brampton for full work to be completed during the month of February, 2017. They started work and completed in required time promised in the
quotation. When the work was completed it was excellent. Total Invoice was $4746.00
including HST. All work was done by 18th February, 2017. After the work was done,
I refer my friends. Makhan Jadge was very pleasant person and good professional.
I really enjoyed working with him and his workers.

Tip for consumers: I add good tip for others i.e Makhan Jadge telephone #647-764-3152
and can be contacted any professional work, specially Kitchen Cabinets with vanity and Granite & Quartz Counter Tops.

nancyc118
August 4th, 2016
We just want say we had excellent service.We would RECOMMEND this company to everyone.
donaldd46
June 18th, 2016
We recently had Absolute Tubs do a complete renovation of our kitchen & bathrooms.We are delighted with the end result and have received many compliments from visitors.Jason and George are knowledgeable and diligent tradesmen and the job was finished on time & on budget. They are polite and obliging and a pleasure to work with.We have no hesitation in recommending them. Don & Ms. K. Pickering
garrym33
May 21st, 2016
Chris Duncan and Andre from Centra Windows Exteriors Restorations did a professional job of installing my new windows keeping the look of my older homes style. I'm very pleased with the results.
rods24
April 14th, 2016
Convertible was recommended to me by a friend for a new furnace and air conditioner quotation. They impressed me with their offer, their rep. was knowledgeable, his quote was competitive, they installed on the day they promised and their installers were knowledgeable, polite and efficient. I would recommend them to my closest friends.
Rod
lesliea18
Leslie A. – HomeStars Rep
Thank you Rod, please do consider posting your review on Homestars.com, in order to share with our entire community.
cindym94
February 20th, 2016
Installed my French doors and barn style door in bedroom. Very meticulous and extremely pleasant to deal with. Would certainly purchase from them agaub,
beverleyd2
January 17th, 2016
This is the third carpet replacement we have had done by Kingsway Carpets & Blinds and, again, it was as ordered, on time and beautifully (and quickly) installed. I would recommend them highly.
joseantoniob
August 20th, 2015
we purchased a central airconditioner from Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning Inc 5 days ago and we are very satisfied with their service. the company attended to our needs promptly and efficiently. the price was reasonable and service is excellent. we were accommodated even in their busy schedules . they installed the unit on time and it was working well. the people are friendly and professionals in dealing with customers like us.

-jb brampton
rogerw43
August 20th, 2015
I had windows replaced two years ago, and the workmanship and professionalism they provided, I decided to call them to replace a patio door recently with mini blinds and again they delivered nothing but quality work and on time installation.
These guys have a superior product with very fair prices. Call customer service and talk to Marina, I dare you to find a better product and price.
wendyb23
August 22nd, 2015
The workers arrived exactly when they said they would and did an amazing job! They cleaned up perfectly and left things better than when they got there
patriciat30
June 20th, 2015
Just want to let you know that the above company did a fantastic job on my roof. I am very pleased. After they did the roof everywhere was spotlessly cleaned. They are extremely reasonable, reliable and gets the job done. Please do not hesitate to call them.
sicuh
July 4th, 2015
Servo Tech provided Great Service....I'm really happy that I found this guy. I had hard time to find a good technician and I did struggle with complains from my tenants in Lachine and LaSalle all the time.
Now after doing business with Danny, my phone stop ringing and I'm really happy.
I hope he will not change his prices now that he became very busy......
I do recommend him to anyone who need a good service and a real quality job...
Keep on doing your magic and make people happy !!!

Thanks Danny
dorothys24
June 7th, 2015
Rick Phillips came to fix my plugged kitchen sink which turned out to be a clogged drain from the sink to the sewer connection. He was very professional and courteous. Before starting he explained to me what he was going to do. Upon completing the job, he cleaned up neatly. He also gave me tips on how to keep the drain free flowing from now on. I would highly recommend Rick to any of my friends at any time. Also, he was very patient and understanding with an old lady.
johnz33
June 16th, 2015
I highly recommend VM Drain and Plumbing inc. Walter, the person I've dealt with is great. His people installed back flow valve and sump pump after 2013 flood.
margaretm65
May 6th, 2015
As a female senior I was so pleased with Erik's professional work as well as being a pleasant young man to talk to. He shares what and why he is doing, in simple honest words. The job was done from his heart. A man that is caring. He is proud of his work and it shows. I want to thank him and his employee for a job well done May 5, 2015, Bobcaygeon, Ontario
I wish them all the very best in the future.
debrae10
May 12th, 2015
Chris from Mr. Rooter was prompt, friendly and efficient in our plumbing repair. I would use only Mr. Rooter for any of our plumbing needs! Call them, they're terrific.
dellap
April 4th, 2015
Flow Teck Quality Air Systems installed an air conditioner for me this past week.
James was the best. Very knowledgeable and honest in what my needs were for my home. Very fair in price and the quality of work was excellent. Showed up on time, very respectful of my home( even wore booties over their shoes!), cleaned up after the job was complete and explained everything from start to finish.
If you are looking for a straight forward no nonsense company that gets the job done this is it.
Will be having Flow Teck back to do more work in my home.
Thanks James.

As a client of a contractor who has been on the listing for four years, I was very pleased with their work. I personally believe that a listed contractor should be listed for at least a year to see if he/she survives the scrutiny of the public before I hire them. Sorry to hear that you were defrauded 1500.00 by Hawthorne Kitchen Design, I don't know of them, but thanks for the warning.

By heath s.

Hi support

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the HomeStars.ca staff and other customers.

With over 146 home improvement service categories in Canada, you can connect with a reputable home professional that will get the job done on HomeStars.

lesliea18
Leslie A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeStars.ca?

Have a question about HomeStars.ca?