HomeStars.ca

HomeStars.ca has a consumer rating of 3.43 stars from 117 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. HomeStars.ca also ranks 10th among Contractors sites. The most common issues with HomeStars.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 40.9%

• Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently.

• The more a company pays them, the better their reviews.
  • They say I need more reviews coming in, and things will pick up.
How would you rate HomeStars.ca?

“Very Happy With My New Bathroom Reno!”

Brenda M.
6/29/20

My out-dated 70's lime green bathroom needed to go, so I called a couple companies and decided to go with City Works. Their quote was fair, and also, I felt very comfortable with the Technicians who came out and took measurements, and gave me different options. The job was completed 3 days prior to their projected completion day, and the finished job is perfect! I am so happy with my new bathroom, and want to recommend City Works to everyone.

“Consumer beware”

Don K.
8/15/20

I have been reading Homestar's reviews on various services for years prior to hiring anyone and have come to the conclusion that they mostly only print positive reviews and ignore the negative ones as they accept payment from these suppliers. Hired a roofing contractor a few years back which had 100% positive reviews on Homestar. Ended with a disaster installation. Seemed that other contractors I had hired were very well aware of the dismal reputation that the roofing contractor had within the construction trades. Recently placed a negative review regarding a kitchen refinishing company which only stated facts. Was not printed.

company (43) reviews (39) work (39) 10 score (4) convertible heating (4) customer service (4) job (36) 2 years (3) bottom line (3) problem (8)
brendam716
June 29th, 2020
gordonh138
July 15th, 2020
Concrete Replacement Experts did an excellent job on my driveway. They removed the old eroded concrete and poured new concrete in a very short period of time. I am very happy with their work. They also did did a great clean up after the job was done. Kudos to Rick and the crew. I would recommend CRE to anyone who is considering a concrete project. Wade was easy to talk to and gave me a very reasonable estimate for the job.
susang1600
September 9th, 2020
Paul and Vinny of Apex Glass Ajax did an outstanding job of installing the glass doors to our new shower and vanity mirror. Very professional, kind and respectful while in our home. Gave us great advice on care and maintenance. Thanks to them my dream bathroom renovation is perfect.
gailb478
August 13th, 2020
I had Damin come to my home and replace my dead grass, they were very respectful and did an amazing job. I would highly recommend them.
Gail Bell
paull857
May 23rd, 2020
I've been working with HomeStars for many years, and have been very happy with their customer service, and their ability to direct my company to be even more responsive to our clients. A very effective consumer protection site that oversees ALL companies that do work in homes. Gone are the days that an unscrupulous contractor can come into your home, and fail to do the work promised, or provide the service expected by the homeowner. Our company has thrived using HomeStars as a way to show potential customers what our past customers think of our Stain Protection, and customer service. Our account manager, Jameela Baird, is extremely professional, highly responsive, and always helpful in getting the right answers to make our Profile as consumer oriented as possible. I would suggest, however, the company add a category - or a subcategory - for Fabric Protection/Stain Prevention as almost ALL cleaning companies provide Fabric Protection as a large part of their services. This is a multimillion dollar industry that may be as big as cleaning, and in some niches, much bigger. Possibly a great way for HomeStars to add more companies that wish to be associated with their services!
I would strongly suggest to all homeowners that they use HomeStars, and look up the contractor, or company they plan to use before making a decision. Moreover, homeowners can also use the HomeStars site to get multiple companies to bid for their services. Don't gamble with the companies you bring into your home, trust HomeStars to provide you with the best service, for the most competitive price!
rogerm688
June 4th, 2020
I've used Homestars three times and it scored 100% every time by singling out the best in the trade. Homestars is the site I go to first because I trust what they list
johnt1625
June 4th, 2020
We didn't think of hiring painters at first because we thought we could do the job ourselves. After hiring Wagg's, we're so glad we didn't do the job ourselves. Wagg's painters did an incredibly professional job. The result was magazine-worthy. They did everything from help select colours and paint-types to clean up.
They were also incredibly fast. If we had chosen to do it ourselves, it would have taken us weeks and we would have never been able to do the job as well as they did.
They also brought an impressive amount of materials, tools and equipment for the job. And we didn't give them an easy task. They had to do ceilings and walls, at times over stairways. They simply did it, efficiently, quickly and professionally.
The last thing we worried about was the price. But, taking into account the equipment and hours it would have taken us, they were very reasonably priced. Definitely a worth-while purchase. So much so that we hired them again for another painting job, decided to do this review and will hire them again for another job.
If you are considering painting an area of your home, we would highly recommend this team. Save yourself the headaches, the time and the mistakes and get this team do a very professional job
John T. And Grace S.
wandai17
May 25th, 2020
Empire Roofing company did an excellent job re-shingling my roof last weekend (May 16,2020) They repaired the roof where needed and did an amazing job cleaning up after they were finished. I highly recommend this company
neilp72
October 8th, 2019
Jason from Ambitech home comfort was great, five stars all the way!. Had him replace my furnace and a/c recently as both went on me. Was recommended from a friend of a friend. He came out right away and took care of us, replacing both units at a great price. My wife and I liked the fact that he returned phones that were made to him( not chasing) and that he was very helpful. Would highly recommend Jason to install anything that is needed. Thanks again.
wayneb232
August 31st, 2019
I had Oscar from Home Depot 126th Ave. S. E, Calgary, AB over to clean my carpets on 08/27/19. Oscar was on time, did a fantastic job. Very nice guy to deal with, very friendly and knowledgeable. Recommended and will use again inf the future.
danielg432
June 9th, 2019
Cornice Trim Ltd. installed crown moulding along with chair rail and boxing underneath at our home. They were very quick ( all in one day), neat and conscientious. They did a superb job and I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to upgrade their home by adding some decorative moulding.
hansf25
July 17th, 2019
Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. installed our new AC, gas furnace and thermostat in a timely and efficient manner. They even came up quickly with solutions for installing the furnace in the small cramped space of our basement. The furnace, AC and new thermostat were installed within a day's working hours, with everything tested, the old equipment removed, and the work area cleaned up.
mikef387
May 24th, 2019
I was referred to Rolando at Olympia Town Aluminum to do my windows I contacted him and he came over that same day to measure and give me a quoted. His quality of work and detail to installing were amazing. After install he walked me through what he did and how he did it. If you are looking for a reliable window person and siding Rolando is your guy I would recommend him to anybody.
tonys203
February 5th, 2018
Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently. They arrived on time, did an excellent job with attention to detail, and cleaned up really well after. Their price and warranty are great. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
debbieg171
January 28th, 2019
I have always had excellent service by this company. In particular, I always ask for Raymond Wong. He is thorough, explains everything so well and cleans up. He is there at the appointed time. Great service.
patrickc313
February 2nd, 2019
I was referred to Rafael Lopez from www.homebuild-sa.com to finish my basement. I contacted him and within 20 minutes he contacted me to set up an appointment to review the job. I met him the following week and the next day he provided me with a detailed scope breaking down all the work and material and total cost. The scope of work was detailed in a word document including scheduled payments and a receipt page where all scheduled payments were written and signed by Rafael. He told me the job would take 3 weeks and thats exactly the time it took to complete. Quality of work was absolutely amazing. After each day, all dust and debris was cleaned up so there was no mess. His helper Eliezer is a young man who is a conscientious, hard worker, loyal and dependable. Both Rafael and Eliezer were at my home every day by 8:15 as they said they would be. I live in Burlington and they drove from Scarborough every day.

If you are looking for a reliable, honest, dependable contractor that does superior work, then you should contact Rafael at *******359. You will NOT regret your decision to go with this contractor.
joannem92
April 11th, 2018
Technician Ali K was very professional, pleasant and punctual when performing my furnace inspection, cleaning and tune-up, and offered top notch service and lined up a date for next year's servicing as a 'plus' customer
tanjab8
August 3rd, 2018
We had 4 windows replaced from window seal west. From the very start Ruslan was professional and answered my emails within an hour. We ordered and as promised in a few weeks our windows were in and looking beautiful. The guys who came to install were friendly and very respectful of my home and dogs. Fast and clean work. They cleaned up right after and it looked as if they weren't even there. Except i had beautiful well installed windows. Anyone looking to get new windows must give these guys a chance. We did our homework and they were the best value. With hours of them leaving i was called and they set up my government rebate. No hassle for me. Sign a paper and done.
janiel14
August 7th, 2018
I just have to tell you that in all my married life (45 years) we have never needed a plumber until last week... we had a leak in a pipe from the washing machine that wasn't visible in the laundry room but showed up in the basement. I searched the internet and was impressed with the write-ups I'd seen on Express Rooter. From the first phone call to the plumber arriving we were impressed. Mark came to the house (a very professional and caring young man) and determined where the problem was. He assessed the situation and did the best he could do to fix our problem with the least amount of damage to the walls in the house as possible... we were very impressed with everything he did... very professional, no problem with clean-up, helped with the insurance situation and we would definitely recommend Express Rooter for any problems you may have.

Sincerely,

Janie & Ray, Mississauga, Ontario
donaldd46
June 18th, 2016
We recently had Absolute Tubs do a complete renovation of our kitchen & bathrooms.We are delighted with the end result and have received many compliments from visitors. Jason and George are knowledgeable and diligent tradesmen and the job was finished on time & on budget. They are polite and obliging and a pleasure to work with.We have no hesitation in recommending them. Don & Ms. K. Pickering
mohammadq4
May 24th, 2017
I asked Mint Leaf Kitchen Cabinets to give me quote for my investment Property at 148 Town House Cres, Brampton for full work to be completed during the month of February, 2017. They started work and completed in required time promised in the
Quotation. When the work was completed it was excellent. Total Invoice was $4746. 00
Including HST. All work was done by 18th February, 2017. After the work was done,
I refer my friends. Makhan Jadge was very pleasant person and good professional.
I really enjoyed working with him and his workers.

Tip for consumers: I add good tip for others i.e Makhan Jadge telephone #647-764-3152
and can be contacted any professional work, specially Kitchen Cabinets with vanity and Granite & Quartz Counter Tops.

dorothys24
June 7th, 2015
Rick Phillips came to fix my plugged kitchen sink which turned out to be a clogged drain from the sink to the sewer connection. He was very professional and courteous. Before starting he explained to me what he was going to do. Upon completing the job, he cleaned up neatly. He also gave me tips on how to keep the drain free flowing from now on. I would highly recommend Rick to any of my friends at any time. Also, he was very patient and understanding with an old lady.
joseantoniob
August 20th, 2015
We purchased a central airconditioner from Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning Inc 5 days ago and we are very satisfied with their service. The company attended to our needs promptly and efficiently. The price was reasonable and service is excellent. We were accommodated even in their busy schedules. They installed the unit on time and it was working well. The people are friendly and professionals in dealing with customers like us.

-jb brampton
rods24
April 14th, 2016
Convertible was recommended to me by a friend for a new furnace and air conditioner quotation. They impressed me with their offer, their rep. Was knowledgeable, his quote was competitive, they installed on the day they promised and their installers were knowledgeable, polite and efficient. I would recommend them to my closest friends.
Rod
lesliea18
Leslie A. – HomeStars.ca Rep
Thank you Rod, please do consider posting your review on Homestars.com, in order to share with our entire community.
harryl24
January 30th, 2015
Brian and Mike from Mr. Rooter plumbing were at our home today and took care of our
Problem both large and small in a courteous and professional manner. We would recommend them and their company to anyone. Thanks guys for a job well done.
Harry and Gloria Litke

As a client of a contractor who has been on the listing for four years, I was very pleased with their work. I personally believe that a listed Contractor should be listed for at least a year to see if he/she survives The scrutiny of the public before I hire them. Sorry to hear that you were defrauded 1500. 00 by Hawthorne Kitchen Design, I don't know of them, but thanks for the warning.

By heath s.

Hi support

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the HomeStars.ca staff and other customers.

With over 146 home improvement service categories in Canada, you can connect with a reputable home professional that will get the job done on HomeStars.

lesliea18
Leslie A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeStars.ca?

Have a question about HomeStars.ca?