HomeAdvisor

HomeAdvisor has a consumer rating of 3.83 stars from 3,175 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with HomeAdvisor most frequently mention great job, next day and quick response. HomeAdvisor ranks 3rd among Home Improvement Other sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 6 days

1,912

• Excellent craftsmanship and provided great customer services and complete communication throughout the entire process.

• The app did not work with the website and doesn't accept my credit card.
  • This guy doesn't have a last name and a weird phone number.
How would you rate HomeAdvisor?

“Stairway to Heaven”

Frank K.
6/4/20

Eric & Lauren Stirling are top-of-the-list for custom ironwork and design at "AFAB Welding & Art" in Wolfeboro, NH. The photo below speaks for itself. A difficult spiral staircase, on the mark for price, on-time delivery and installation and excellent customer service. With a smile and a handshake, wonderful people indeed. My wife and I are more than satisfied, we are delighted with the end result. Frank & Evangelista

“I Paid For This? Beware”

Marion M.
11/9/20

I contracted with Home Advisor to find me a "Professional" to re-grout my shower tile; the guy was at my house for 5 hours, and all I got a horrible mess of smeared grout on all my tiles, walls, tub, soap dish, bathroom floor and down my stairs. The "Pro" told me he would be back the next day to finish the job but never showed even though he rescheduled himself. Now Home Advisor is trying to get me to pay for someone to "fix" the problem their guy created! It's a disaster, I will NEVER use them again!

Reviews (3,175)

credit card (93) phone number (74) home owner (30) bank account (0) sales rep (0) customer service (140)
frankk281
June 4th, 2020
Frank & Evangelista
randally11
November 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
One of the best home repair experiences we have ever had. Before Tommy, I dreaded the thought of having another home repairman set foot on our property knowing it would be a long slow process, full of no show days without any prior notice and usually not very satisfactory job. Tommy is skilled, honest, a perfectionist about his work and the best communicator. You will want to thank me for telling you about him.
graciew19
Gracie W.
January 19th, 2021
Randy Reiniger added a wall, a bi-fold door, door casing, texture and baseboards to divide the long L-shaped living room/office and give me more privacy in my home office. His work is excellent! His attention to detail made the wall looks like it was build with the house. I particularly appreciated him taking his time to match the wall texture to the adjoining wall. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing work done inside their home.
calvind50
April 7th, 2020
From start to finish, the estimate, price, clean-up, & service was excellent. I would highly recommend Oak Tree Services.
C. $#*!ens
Missouri City, TX.
marionm166
November 9th, 2020
axelb44
January 17th, 2021
Verified purchase
I had contacted HomeAdvisor for another service and they were excellent about following up on whether we found a good solution for it by which time we needed a roofer. They recommended three well rated roofers and again followed up with us. If you need a job around your house done, Home Advisor is a fantastic resource. They give you estimates when possible for your project do you know what you can expect before you get quotes from services. That's a valuable resource.
terryp258
March 3rd, 2020
Forcing "leads" on you and charging your credit card on a recorded line. If they are recording you should hang up.

Giving me a list of my competitors is not appreciated, I know who they are. Giving me leads in 30 story apartments is not useful, I need property owners. Couldn't refund because older then 30 days.

Seems like elderly, lonely people looking to talk to someone. Most don't remember contacting home adviser. Might as well be a cold call.
megank166
February 16th, 2020
The "pro" they sent cost us a new dryer! It should've been a simple part replacement and turned out he really didn't know what he was doing.
It took two weeks to "fix" the problem (see picture) then the first time I went to use it and boom nothing happened. So I wound up contacting another local company for help. Not only was I extremely overcharged by homeadvisor for the "fix" but it cost us double due to the dryer being broken in the process of him fixing it.
herbm31
October 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
I found Home Advisor to be an excellent source for anyone seeking professional contractors to work on their home projects. They will contact the contractors for you and shortly thereafter you will receive a phone call from several perspective candidates. This aspect of their service is very helpful. You have the option of negotiating your price with the contractor or hire through Home Advisor at a discounted price for a nominal annual fee as a subscriber. Great job Home Advisor!
loud62
September 24th, 2020
Frank is definitely a welcome find for our family. Both my husband and I are a bit more than seniors. With all the summer heat and humidity, the foliage and beds had gotten out of hand. Frank quoted us a fair fee that was accepted. He got to work, and I mean hard work, for over eight hours. He was clean, professional, and efficient. We will definitely have him back on a regular basis.
calving56
January 16th, 2021
Verified purchase
I've always seen the commercials about HomeAdvisor but never considered using it. That is until Hurricane Zeta. Find quality craftsmen using Google was not working. I would call and never get called back, or be quoted a 4 week turnaround. I tried HomeAdvisor and two major issues I had been having were resolved within a week's time. Thank you for allowing smaller companies who need the world connect with consumers who need the work done.
michaelv795
November 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
I've hired two contractors this fall which were recommended by HomeAdvisor. I have been pleasantly surprised to discover they both provided quality workmanship. Both jobs were completed to my great satisfaction for an extremely reasonable fee. I will absolutely use HomeAdvisor for all of my home project needs which I am unqualified to perform. I highly recommend anyone who owns a home do the same!
alvinb99
November 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
Home Advisor was excellent, the follow up was helpful. However, ever since, I have been receiving emails about all kinds of projects. I have a new home, I don't need to fix anything at this point in time. Your service was excellent and the follow up was right on time. But I will let you know when I need help with a different project. I am done with projects at this point in time. Hence give me a break with regard to all of the emails flooding my box daily. Thank you
bettyd210
June 8th, 2020
Review for M. Schultz Construction. This contractor was very thorough, did exactly what we wanted and finished the work exactly as he promised. The repair and painting on the ends of our house and the eves looked very professional when finished. The workers were good about cleaning up any debris that was left from the repair and painting. We plan on having more work done by M. Schultz Construction. Thank you

Tip for consumers:
Read the reviews.

Products used:
Painting service found through home advisor.

robertw60
October 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
I needed some minor roof and gutter repair, plus gutter screens. All of my prior/usual contractors were either too busy or not interested in a small job, so I decided to try HomeAdvisor. They quickly recommended 2 companies that were new to me and relatively new in my area, both of which appeared qualified, with similar pricing. One had slightly better customer reviews, I used tha and am satisfied.
denisem900
October 31st, 2020
Verified purchase
Home Advisor helper, Tamra from Denver, CO stayed on the case until I could find a professional and quality company that could help me. She was professional, courteous, and thorough. I would definitely recommend using Home Advisor to find a professional in your area to help you with the service you need. Lastly, I was very impressed by the fact that someone in Denver, Co could help me in Tennessee. But Ms. Tamra did and she did an excellent job.
johnz761
November 22nd, 2020
Don not use home advisor. They are a complete rip-off to both contractors and consumers. They charge high prices for bad leads that are sold to a bunch of other contractors that have to battle for cheapest quote to win the job.
The customer gets a ton of phone calls to point where it becomes so annoying they quit answering the phone. The cheapest quote comes with a terrible project with all kinds of corners cut with inexperienced workers. Save yourself and DO NOT CALL HOME ADVISOR they are a rip off.
darcyo12
October 27th, 2020
Verified purchase
Place an open ended quote for concrete removal. Received a quote and thought I'd wait because it was expensive. Home Advisor called me and stated that a company was interested in quoting my project. That company called no less than two minutes later. They came over the same day! The job they did was incredible! If Home Advisor did not call me I never would have followed up and the project would be unfinished. Thank you!
lesliel282
October 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
During my original move, I injured my back. I still had tons of unpacking, moving furniture, etc left to do. My own search was not successful so I called Home Advisor. I have a membership with them and have used them, very successfully, for other projects. I reached Valerie, explained my dilemma and she referred me to King Kahn moving. They were the perfect company to help me complete my move in. Professional, efficient and extremely hard-working. I could not be more pleased.
marthaf276
December 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
I received two timely responses from individuals listed with Home Advisor. I went with the first company who called right away as they met my requirements of time to start & complete the project. I called the 2nd person who also quickly answered my inquiry, and told him I had gone with the first one who called. He was good natured about it. I appreciate there was a way to connect with others who could do the job I needed without just taking a 'stab in the dark' on unknowns.
jamesd2142
November 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
Went online to Home Advisor app and filled out questionnaire for the job that needed done (less that a minute) and clicked done and immediately received Kyle's power washing service number. Called and set up appointment to come to the house for an estimate the next day. The price was very reasonable so I hired him on the spot. He did a fabulous job, and showed up on time. Home Advisor really came through for me on this job!
butchk12
November 3rd, 2020
We needed a wheelchair ramp and got three estimates. The one Manny provided was by far the most detailed and although not the lowest it was very reasonably priced. The ramp is now complete and is perfect! The detailed drawing Manny provided helped with the HOA approval as well. I would recommend Manny the Handyman for any home repair!
lisaa1152
December 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
I was easily able to find someone close to my area for tree removal. Who responded back to me that morning- instead of having to call different landscapers one by one from the telephone book and playing "telephone tag" hoping one of them would all me back. HomeAdvisor shows the ratings and reviews for each business also... and that helped me greatly in making my decision on whom to choose.
susand810
October 25th, 2020
Verified purchase
Came home to find my water heater (about 20 years old) leaking onto my garage floor. My usual plumber could try and fit me in 4 days later. Went to Home Advisor, found Ben Franklin Plumbing and they were able to replace it that day! Fast, efficient work, following Covid safety precautions. Great experience. Went back to Home Advisor again to find fence guy!
maryg1398
October 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
HBC is a great company owned by 2 brothers and has been in business for 25 years. They were quick with a quote after they got up on the roof and took pictures so I could see all the repairs that were needed. Two days later they did the work, were on time and again sent me pictures after the repair. I would highly recommend them! ( They also were very courteous and personable which I really appreciated.

We had a similar experience when first trying Home advisor out. They kept taking money out of our account arbitrarily. I finally had to file stop payment forms at my bank. Then they threatened us with extra fees unless we "settled" our account. We have strict DTPA laws (deceptive trade practice act) in our state. I advised we complain to our Attorney General about this. I think home advisor should be banned in our state because of this fraud.

By M G.
See more answers (20)

I didn't, they have been blowing my phone up for 6 month's now and now they act like thier desperate for me to sign with them. I have absolutely no want or will i ever sign with them after i have heard what thier doing to contractors who have a contract with them. I just signed with a family owned reality company and even they told me not to sign and even when i tell home advisor i don't want thier business they ignore my request and still call and now they act like thier a home owner requesting painting but once i get to asking where they live or information all of a sudden I'm being told to do a background check and i sign up for free! But i have to pay a percentage of my leads or size of job something of that nature where i pay them for a no guarantee of work as i see it. I can't trust handing money to a company that's being deceitful in a phone call off the rip! Just be careful i don't hear good thing's about them all over now.

By Stephen C.

Are they legit?

Fake leads, sends email, text & calls between 20-30/day and charges for each. Even if Contractor doesn't open Or answer any calls! Will rip off contractors about $800/day until they catch it and no refunds! Do Not Use HomeAdvisor!

By Art J.
See more answers (3)

TOTAL RIP OFF! Don't do it. I didn't listened and I Literally paid for it. DON't make the same mistake I did.

By Aaron W.