Review of HomeAdvisor

Golden, Colorado 80401, US
partnerships@homeadvisor.com

suel159
5/21/19

I used Showcase hardwood Floors to refinish and repair my hardwood oak floors. Craig Dzukola did beautiful work on my floors. They are gorgeous and his work was perfection, correcting every little thing. His bid was lower than some and he went over and beyond to make sure everything was repaired and more. His crew along with Craig were on time,
pleasant, and very professional. I highly recommend this family owned company.
Sue Lebreton

sheilas191
5/19/19

The idea of the site is great, the actual follow through with the companies that the site recommends stinks!
I've had more people try and talk me out of coming to fix my issues than actually want to do a simple job. I seriously have people say, "you real need me to come out? Well, if you can't find someone else call me back". The quality of "companies this site has sucks!

richards1316
5/19/19

I started using them I paused leads because to busy they didnt care just kept giving leads without my permission of athority. I complained. Account rep rude. Didnt care.I would tell contrators to stay far far away from these rude crooks
Richard

brennaf4
5/18/19

I have been working with thumbtack for almost a year now, for both of my companies. We have sold 1 out of the 30 leads we have been provided. why? because the leads are bogus!!! half the people dont answer(so they're probably fake numbers) and half the people are just filling out their information when they don't even want a task done. and they charge you every single time, even if the person wont answer or even if the person wants a task done that you dont even do. this website is a scam and just wants to make money off of you. PLEASE listen to all of these negative reviews, they are not wrong. 100% waste of money.

chriss1140
5/17/19

We used Home Advisor for about 5 months. In that 5 months I ended up paying for bogus leads, leads that were completely unrelated to a Home Theater business. I had to pay for leads that were sent to 2 other companies, so generally to win the job you have to have the Lowest price for that client, but you ALSO have to eat the lead fee. We turned off 95% of the service leads because some leads were costing $40+ for jobs that were only an hour of labor.
They base the fee's depending what they think the job will pay out, which is completely bogus considering no job is ever the same.
On top of that some clients would call just to get info for a DIY project, using HA as a go to place to get info to do the job themselves. (Thanks for using HomeAdvisor- you just cost us $32.19 to tell you how to do something yourself )
They would credit you for a couple of bogus leads each month, but it got to the point we would turn our services on a week a month due to the fees. Once GMB and other backlinks were in place we cut HA off all together.
I guess HA would be good for a month or so JUST to get your business started, but I can easily see this service bankrupting many businesses that are trying to get on their feet.

Tip for consumers: Money would be better invested in google ads, and SEO services

calb38
5/17/19

Signed up for home advisor and was happy to pay the annual feel for
leads but then started getting other charges. Call in about these other
charges and they're for the leads they send you.
I got 2 leads totalling $245 and when i called I talked to same person telling me he never requested services. in my opinion they paid people to act like customer.
they also get scam. is sad that company like this can

eileenf38
5/16/19

Greatscottslawncare - Scott did a fantastic job of grinding this horrible, big stump in the middle of my back yard. He is very professional and even cleaned up the chips, etc. too. Will definately hire again !

josed107
5/16/19

Too stressful of a company to deal with. I was being charged for people who only were looking up prices of technical jobs. I am talking about $60 each lead with no credit back. I lost more than 300 dollars and not benefit back. Don't trust them.

brianc618
5/16/19

Used Home Advisor to find local contractors. Once we posts our needs many call and set up appointments. Most never showed to give estimates and one who we agreed with to perform work never showed up on the day they said they would be here. We did get the work done using contractors recommended by word of mouth. Home Advisor is not worth the time or effort.

tracyh285
5/16/19

My name isTracy Herbert. I am the owner of Arizona Indoor Air Quality & Enviormental Testing. I have been with HomeAdvisor since 2012. I greatly appreciate the leads I receive from HomeAdvisor. The staff are always polite and professional.
On average if I'm working their leads I can close over 60% of the calls I receive. Sure there are the strange calls occasionally and you pay for those too but it's just how it is.
I feel over the years of working with HomeAdvisor it's been rewarding and a good investment for my advertising dollars.

sengv
5/12/19

Signed up for home advisor and was happy to pay the annual feel for leads but then started getting other charges. Call in about these other charges and they're for the leads they send you. I was not informed about these charges except for the annual fee. Big scam $#*! this company stay away

williamb1083
5/11/19

Home Adviser allows anybody to say anything they want regardless of how vile and slanderous. They do not verify or filter complaints. Our qualifier is also a customer with a separate account and he owes Home Adviser $80 an even though OUR account is paid up, they shut off our leads and refuse to do anything about it. And get this, if they have to go after this other guy and terminate his account, they will terminate ours as well even though we're current on our tab.

naomim69
5/9/19

Do not trust the reviews on HomeAdvisor -- the contractors pay to be on the site and so if you write a negative review, the contractor can dispute it and HomeAdvisor will side with them because they are their income source. Even after I provided detailed information and objective evidence of my negative experience, HomeAdvisor would not let my review be posted. I used to use them for projects all the time and no longer will,

johns3827
5/9/19

Painfully obvious since I got to the point where I was screaming at them and they just kept on asking "what was the problem with the contractor" while I repeatedly informed them to NEVER call me again after calling me 2 days in a row

Stay away

Tip for consumers: Don't use them, they aren't in the business of helping you in order to create a profit, they are in the scam business

joef346
5/9/19

Too stressful of a company to deal with. I was on the phone with them all the time everyday I was being charged for same leads, I was being charged for people who only were looking up prices of roofs. I am talking about $100 each lead with no credit back

rexl19
5/9/19

Home Advisor is a Total Scam! Read their Terms and Conditions and you too can see how they get away with this scam. Forced payment on my credit card for services not even set up for. Charged for leads I never asked for. Then if you dare try to put a stop to all the nonsense, prepare to spend hours on the phone getting the runaround. Had to cancel my credit card to put an end to the abusive and fraudulent charges. They think that they can do whatever they want with total impunity!!

jasony50
5/9/19

I have been in business for 15 years. I have dealt with many companies that have not always been run properly or need improvement . But HA is for sure the worst ever. I cancelled my account with them leaving 18 reviews with a 4.74 rating behind me. I was called every day after about being gone for a month asking me to come back. The salesman that day told me everything I wanted to hear. They got me AGAIN. Signed me back up and was told that I now have an account supervisor.
Not the case. Please do yourself a favor. Do not sign up. Unless you have a credit card you dont care about getting a ridiculous charge every week.
Stay away.....its not good at all once you sign up

cjc28
5/5/19

Extremely overpriced for poor leads. Poor customer service. They trie to gouge you at every turn squeeze as much money out of you before you give up entirely on their system.
Most if not all leads are simply people who have visited their website just looking to get an idea of pricing not even looking to do a project. HomeAdvisor charges you for these "leads" and won't refund you.
Wouldn't be such a bad system if they weren't trying to squeeze every penny out of there contractor pros without trying to actually help them land jobs.

Used for three months. Landed one legit job, three actual costumers had me write up estimates 34 leads never reached or just wanted general price point for project in far future. Refunded for 4. I've no problem paying for a legit lead and losing a bid but never getting to bid or contact the customer?
This is their business model.

currid
5/5/19

Their "professional" referrals are little at best!! I'd give them a 0 if i could!! Stay away from this website or "All My Sons" moving company,!! They charge for strips of tape used! Are u kidding me?!

joshuab447
5/5/19

I signed up with them my first year of business. Stupid me thought i wasn't getting business because of my poor sales ability. Clearly I was wrong. The leads are price shoppers period. Trash. Trash. Trash, customer service.

Do not do not donot sign up. Do door hangers instead.

cm414
5/5/19

Obviously Home Advisor is a SCAM!!! The most recent "LEAD" I went to an estimate for was a lady who wasn't the owner of the property. She was nodding out and wanted me to stay with her while she shot up again (WTF???!?!?!).... I PAID for this and can't get my hard earned money BACK!!!! Not only that! I have been charged over $300 ($600 if you include the sign up fee) in two weeks of having home advisor for ALL - not some, not most, not 99% - ALL, HORRIBLE LEADS.

brandonc167
5/3/19

If you are a contractor, do not use this lead service. They will take your money and leave you hanging. I have had this service for two weeks now and have not recieved a good lead yet.

michelleb729
5/1/19

The leads they give you do not work. I had a lot of leads an plenty of them don't answer. I registered on their site stating I did not get the job, customer not responding. If you did not get the job, your still being charged for the lead. Wow, some leads I did not call was on my statement, and you call them and they say, we do not return any money. Scam, Scam, Scam
Oh they went and charged my account

raphaela10
5/1/19

They sell each lead to 5-10 contractors! The chances for you to get a job from these leads are very small. Most customers get so many calls, they stop answering or just don't want to do business with Home Advisor because of that.

I just spent money with them, and got very little back. Most leads are bogus or not correct, the rest will make you give estimates when you compete with unlicensed contractors with no overhead. Your chances of getting the job are very slim.

Notice how all the good reviews on SiteJabber for HomeAdvisor are from customers who hired contractors on HomeAdvisor, not from contractors who use their platform. These reviews are about the contractors they hired, not even about HomeAdvisor.
This is what they do, they're trying to manipulate their bad reputation.

Stay away! Find another way to get leads.

ronaldt119
4/30/19

Out of 8 requests for a quote since 2014 I received 2. The other requests went unanswered.The last request for a swimming pool repair was not only unanswered but HA connected me with a company in Colo. and I live in Ca. You can do better from word of mouth. One of the 2 repairs who did showup told me to call him direct next time as HA charges $35.00 to him just to use their service. The companies that are listed are only using the list as advertising and you would be better off contacting them direct for faster service.

We had a similar experience when first trying Home advisor out. They kept taking money out of our account arbitrarily. I finally had to file stop payment forms at my bank. Then they threatened us with extra fees unless we "settled" our account. We have strict DTPA laws (deceptive trade practice act) in our state. I advised we complain to our Attorney General about this. I think home advisor should be banned in our state because of this fraud.

By M G.

just about anything on home advisor is a ripoff....they send out crap all the time and will lie to you daily.....go elsewhere

By John T.

If you want to line HA pockets, join, stay, pay the price. Its a gamble. Their bad business practices could potentially harm your business. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk. As long as you have a decent and informative website, conduct yourselves professionally, have a good reputation with good reviews, there's no reason why you should have to rely on a middleman to get the business for you. On the otherhand, there will always be business for HA, as long as businesses are willing to "try something at least once". That's how scams succeed. Good luck!

By sarah w.

Fake leads, sends email, text & calls between 20-30/day and charges for each. Even if Contractor doesn't open Or answer any calls!!! Will rip off contractors about $800/day until they catch it and no refunds! Do Not Use HomeAdvisor!!!

By Art J.

LIE, LIE, LIE!!! We canceled the same day they took the money out of the account. They said it was canceled immediately and promised a refund. The conversation was also recorded by our bank (2 speakerphones) It's been a week and still no refund. Just filed claim against them with our bank. The bank was kind enough to give back the $156 in overdraft charges that happened because of this.

By Robert B.

They don't need to accept advertising money. They are ripping off contractors for fake and bogus leads AS REGULAR COURSE OF BUSINESS. Any contractor that signs up with these people WILL NOT GET viable leads but will be charged for them anyway.

By Kevin A.

Questions? Get answers from the HomeAdvisor staff and other customers.

HomeAdvisor?