Hockerty

Hockerty has a consumer rating of 2.81 stars from 216 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Hockerty most frequently mention customer service, poor quality and credit card problems. Hockerty ranks 8th among Suits sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 18.5%

No positive highlights yet

• PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THESE CHEAP SUITS AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
How would you rate Hockerty?

“Great Customer Service-Beautiful Clothing”

Sean T.
9/17/20

So I had a little bit of a struggle at first-the vest I ordered was way too tight but beautifully made, so I reached out to Hockerty via email and they replied immediately and walked me through the entire process of returning my garment and taking new measurements (add a few extra inches on top of your custom fit measurements). They remade and sent my new vest at no additional cost and I received the vest in 2 weeks! Give Hockerty a try you will be very happy.

“Thieves”

CJ R.
9/15/20

They sent me the WRONG COLOR suit and told me they do not do refunds even when they make the error. Nothing like a navy blue suit instead of a black $#*! for your wedding day. Do not buy anything from this company. Cheap quality, terrible customer service, and ridiculous no return policy. Save yourself money and aggravation. Run, don't walk, to a store or go to a different website. Stay always from these THIEVES

customer service (37)
cjr44
September 15th, 2020

olivert67
Verified purchase

Not only did they promise bespoke goods to my door in 21 days and fail miserably they never bothered to inform me of delays, ignored emails, have tried to avoid responsibility and lied along the way. I recommend that Canadians stay away from this business. Spend your money where they care about customers and treat you with the respect and care you deserve.

Choose another site

Belt and trousers

anthonyr937
May 10th, 2021

I needed a suite for my wedding. Used the site to choose a material suitable for outdoor summer weddings. When the suite came, it smelled, was wrinkled, was scratchy didn't fit and worst of all I actually started swearing in it inside. I tried complaining to customer service but all they offered is for me to go to a tailor. That's it. I would not recommend them. Ever.

robertb4913
June 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

I received the suit and it looks like a $60 suit. It is literally too embarrassing to even wear. I just looked up their return policy (there are no returns). They could charge a 50% restock and I would still return it. It is that ugly of a suit. Well, I wasted $270 on the suit and I am positive had I found this on a rack somewhere it would have been less than $100. It is really poor quality fabric and design is ugly too.

Tip for consumers:
Recommend spending the same money at a traditional store, or a little more for a better quality suit.

Products used:
I am going to not use any of them

sashas103
April 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Just don't go near this company. Awful product, awful customer service.
First attempt I got comical shirts - not just the wrong shape for me, but there is no way any human had those proportions! Shipping took forever - nearly two months to get them, and then I had to send them back for total remake. The final shirts are ok-ish, but I can get better quality and fit off the shelf for half the price.
Second attempt was worse. Shirt fabric just horrible. Cheap and nasty. I would never wear it, and nothing like it looked online. No offer of return, no offer of remake. Days and days passed until I got a reply from customer service. In fact, they replied quicker to a review I left on another site that they did to their own ticket system!
In summary: awful product, awful service, awful shipping, awful process. Don't touch. I pitty the man who buys a whole suit of these jokers.

thegonzalezf
June 28th, 2021

Ordered custom shirts. I entered measurements as requested by their website. Unfortunately, the size of the shirts were too small (and thus, unable to take it to a local tailor). Hockerty also makes you jump "hoops" and asks for pictures. After slow replies once you open a ticket, they will eventually offer to remake shirt. But this is the "kicker," the customer has to pay for the shipping to send the original shirts that made in the wrong size (keep in mind, it was their fault).

Besides their "Guarantee" being deceiving (they will show you the fine print where the customer is at a disadvantage), the fabric is not 100% cotton (as ordered). You can literally see through the so called "cotton" shirt.

Therefore, do yourself a favor, research other competitors that will customize your clothing accordingly (there are many). Hockery is a total scam!

Deceiving Guarantee Promises

miltong32
June 23rd, 2021

I ordered and paid for a pair of pants. They arrived from China and didn't come close to fitting me in any respect. When I try to log in they tell me they don't have an account for this address; whereas, I know I do. They sent me several emails at this address thanking me for the order and telling me when to expect it. When I try to set, up the account again they tell me there is already an account for this email. In sum, they take your money, send you defective goods and then make it impossible to request a return or refund.

laurac1446
February 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

We had a very bad experience shopping with this store. My fiance purchased his wedding vest custom through Hockerty - paid nearly $200 for it. He ordered a vest in the color Simons which is listed online as "Dark Grey." It arrived and was a dark navy blue. It didn't match our wedding outfits at all.

He contacted them with the issue wanting the vest to be replaced in a grey color and notified them that the site has it listed incorrectly. They responded to him that he should have ordered a color swatch and have offered us no remedy at all except to buy another vest.

Now we are looking for somewhere else to buy our vest and stuck with a $200 vest that my fiance will never wear.

Buy a sample first!

Vest

scotth1296
May 2nd, 2021

Was truly very excited to receive the suit I ordered online from Hockerty after seeing such good reviews. However once it arrived was extremely disappointed and it kept get worse from that moment on. After picking my fabric we followed the online measuring instructions.

After a few weeks of waiting received the package. Upon opening said package to reveal a bag with a crunched up suit inside (understandably) I pulled out the wrinkled suit and upon inspection found that the sleeve buttons were non-functional (sign of it cheap suit) and more importantly the sizes were so extremely off so much so that I'm sure it would fit around a small car (guessing they went with size tarp for this one).

I naturally opened a ticket and began to explain the situation along with the attached photos. The response from Hockerty rep was to take the garment to a tailor.

Now this would've been perfectly acceptable if it needed to be hemmed or slightly brought in. However the pants are so large that no matter where I hold them they fall down, and the crotch is literally down to my knees when sort of held to where there should be. And each leg is so baggy that I could probably fit both of my legs into one. (I haven't tired lol). The Jacket is the closest thing to correct. However the amount of tailoring needed just to bring it in would be more than there so called redeemable allowance (I doubt they have one). Well at the Tailor she asked me why didn't I just buy a suit from a local shop (off the rack) and laughed so hard at how bad the fit is lol. And informed that she would need to essentially tear the suit apart and remake it (not her exact words). She advised me that I should if I could get the suit remade. As it would cost hundreds of dollars to fix.

So I sent another email to Hockerty explaining the situation only to be met with a no response method. Guess if you don't respond to emails they don't exist.

If I had to guess they sent me a suit they just had laying around and said close enough said it.

So I'm now writing a review hoping to save you a few dollars and a very bad experience.

If you're looking for a well-made suit of similar price I would recommend itailor. Their customer service is phenomenal and the fit is exactly the measurements you send (based off there web page).

Avoid site all together.

Products used:
Using none. Purchased suit.

zulfiqarm
October 1st, 2018

I placed my order for a blazer, three weeks ago. It arrived today.

It arrived bit creased, due to transportation and a small box, but the instructions informed me to let it hang for 24 hours.

It is a perfect fit, exactly as per the measurements instructions that I provided. It is very professionally made. A great first time, on-line made to measure experience. I will shop again. Thank you Hockerty.

michaelb5018
October 15th, 2020

Horrible customer service. Today was the day that my suit should have been delivered. I still have yet to receive the suit, and i need it for an event in two days. They told me that the suit would be ready by October 15th, and when you look online it says still in Tailoring. I have no idea when this suit will be completed, this is a Scam. When you email customer service no one reaches out. On their website, it says that they will reach back out in 48 hours. That is a lie!. Don't order from here.

olanm2
March 12th, 2018

This is an excellent service. I use a wheelchair, and I have an unusual shape, so it is good to find a website that can take my measurements.
I ordered a waistcoat, to see how everything went. Although it was a little tight, and not 100% in keeping with my measurements, the company had no problem taking it back and remaking the garment. The new waistcoat was shipped, arrived without any hassle, fitted perfectly.
Now, I'm ordering again, two more of the same, In different colours.

annetteb338
June 15th, 2021

We ordered a waistcoat for my sons prom a few weeks ago. We followed the step by step instructions for measuring and placed our order, confident that we were going to get a quality product and looked forward to getting it. We were surprised because as soon as we placed our order we got a message from Shanghai to say they had started to make our waistcoat. We thought we were dealing with a company in the UK! Anyway the waistcoat arrived and that's when it all went seriously wrong. It looked poor quality and homemade and was so small my son couldn't do the buttons up and the waistcoat was uneven at the bottom. Not worth the £90 it cost us. We replied to the " made to measure guarantee" and got no reply. Can't say I was surprised. We have now got a replacement waistcoat from Marks and Spencer for £35 and 10 times so much nicer than the waistcoat from Hockerty. I would not recommend buying anything from this company. Be Warned!

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this website. The "Made To Measure Guarantee " is worthless. You will end up with an article of clothing that doesn't fit and lose a lot of money

Products used:
Could not use the waistcoat because it was so small

jamesy246
June 12th, 2020

I would avoid - poor fit and no options to return. A waste of money really and disappointing service

steveg886
April 7th, 2020

I tried buying a navy blue blazer. When it arrived it was royal blue, about 5 inches too long on the body and the buttons were completely misaligned. Oleksiy In customer service has been unwilling to help fix the solution so basically I'm stuck with a crappy jacket. This site is a scam

nitae3
July 23rd, 2020

We ordered a suit for my sons wedding. We were charged appropriately for the extras, including custom lining and functional buttonholes on the sleeves. The suit we received did not have either of them. In addition, the fit of the suit is not the modern, more trim style that everyone is wearing these days, and that is represented on Hockerty's website (see first pic below) Instead, the one we received is the traditional fit - longer in the waist and looser in the chest and arms (see 2nd pic below). Instead of correcting these issues, as promised in their "perfect fit guarantee", Hockerty refunded the money we paid for the custom lining and functioning buttonholes and claimed that we never ordered them. They also refuted our claim about the fit by saying that their manager said it looked fine. There is no way to contact Hockerty, other than their chat feature on their website, and then you aren't talking to a real person. And it takes them several days to get back to you via email. The worst customer service I have ever received. Do not waste your money on Hockerty. My son-in-law ordered his custom suit from Indochino.com with awesome results. Go there instead.

misaghd
June 6th, 2021

If I could give this a zero star, I would! Firstly, I ordered a suit jacket and pants from their website with all the measurements included. When I received the suit, not only was it very poor quality material, but it didn't even fit correctly. I tried multiple times to tell them that I had to return it as I was very dissatisfied (to say the least), but they refused to do so, and wouldn't even alter the suit without a charge! Beware of this crooked offshore company that is unethical and does not care about caring for their customers at all. Do not purchase any clothing from this site!

peterh758
February 14th, 2020

I ordered a custom tuxedo and confirmed the measurements over email. The suit arrived (from China?) and was ridiculously too large, to the point it could not be altered easily. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, the quality was very, very poor. Very cheap, thin materials and no where near expectations for the price.

I complained to Hockerty who refused to refund and instead offered to send me another suit; they consistantly ignored any concerns regarding quality despite numerous emails back and forth. Eventually I had no choice but to ask my credit card company to withhold payment and investigate along with contacting the Swiss ombudsman (where hockerty are based)

With Hockerty based in Switzerland I had to engage Konsumentenforum (the Swiss consumer protection organization). After investigation they agreed hockerty were at fault, however they have very little powers, the next step would be Justice of the Peace or a civil court action (which they supported). However, after arbitration with my credit card company a refund was finally provided. A lot of work on my part to get my money back from a disgraceful business.

Despite numerous emails with Jonathan Blasco from hockerty, he previously reported this truthful review as not being from someone with a genuine order, hence this repost. Further demonstration of their disgraceful business practices; reporting what they know to be valid reviews. Interesting that any positive reviews are very, very brief... I wonder if they're at all genuine. Apparently they had a previous brand name which was burned due to poor reviews.

Avoid these cheap, nasty suits and disgraceful company with terrible customer service.

douglash498
June 23rd, 2021

Ordered a ‘premium' wool suit. Got a suit made of synthetic material. Very hard to raise this with Hockerty (actually, they only responded when I posted a poor review on trust-pilot). Got a few (scripted) platitudes. I sent Hockerty the photo of the wool fabric from their website and a photo of the rayon suit, which I had received. The two images were, of course, totally different. Clearly, there's been a mix-up in China, where the suits are made. Nevertheless, I asked them to confirm, on the record, their position that these photos showed the same fabric. All contact from Hockerty ceased immediately. So, I've got a crappy suit and they've got my money.

Stay away!

doreneh1
April 1st, 2021

This was a terrible experience and a big waste of money. We ordered 2 custom men's shirts and they came way to small. They do not care about customer satisfaction. Don't waste your money. I sent pictures and all kinds of information to them to show they were made wrong and they will not take responsibility. They came smaller than the measurements I sent them

Tip for consumers:
Seriously. Read the reviews. Do NOT waste your money here. They don’t care The shirts were made incorrectly and they don’t care

We purchased 2 men’s custom shirts

lesj24
June 1st, 2021

I ordered a suit and waistcoat for my sons wedding which was in 24 days. I was initially informed it would take 15 days then found out it was coming from its china workshops. The 15 days turned into 20 days and then finally arriving the day after my sons wedding. I had to get another made up suit from Jacamo. I sent many emaills and messages to Hockerty but they dont reply to most of them they are just ignored. I would never use them again and suggest to others to think of other options

Tip for consumers:
dont use them unless you have lots of time to spare

Products used:
not used the suit yet as it was too late for my sons wedding

frankm1283
March 14th, 2021

Bought an overcoat material was advertised as 100% wool when it arrived label said 40% wool, and the quality was very poor when contacted the company tried to insist that it was always advertised as 40% wool i had the original advert saying 100% wool plus on some sites it was still advertised as 100% wool the buttons were not properly fixed nor lining up with the button holes pocket flap not sewn all the way along, lining badly attached, fit way out to sum them up as useless is being generous. Do not use they are a pile of thieving scum-bags they said they would compensate me and to send pictures but stopped communicating when i sent the pictures and a seamstress's evaluation of the coat saying it was rubbish from workmanship to material used. BE WARNED PURE CRAP.

DON'T

coat

daltonu2
July 21st, 2020

You only get married once right, so why not get your self something special? BUT DON'T GET IT FROM HOCKERTY! I spent $317 USD on a waste coat(vest), shirt and pants thinking, I'm giving them very accurate measurements, it's fool proof." But I was a fool believing their website was legitimate. You think you're buying from a nice looking UK company but it's Chinese sweat shop garbage. I ordered a size 38 waist pants, and what I got was more like a 32-34 waist. I have wide shoulders and a strong chest and also gave them accurate measurements for the order. I cant even pull the vest past the sides of my ribs it's so small, and the shirt cant even button up. I gave them a sleeve length of 25 inches, and I received sleeves just shy of 24 inches. Not to mention how thin the fabric is! You assume the wool blends your ordering, or the premium shirt fabric will be nice. Wal-Mart doesn't even sell cloths with fabric this cheap and thin. Look, when your planning a wedding money is tight, but if your buying from Hockerty you'll be losing it. They don't offer refunds, and the last message I got from customer service was to update my info so they can remake the pants. Do they not understand that I need everything remade? Oh and one more thing, their customer service is so slow. I get time zones but as of right now it's 9:00 am EST and they say their customer service works 09 a.m. - 18 p.m. CET. So it's like 2:00 pm there so why do they only respond once a day and then send an email saying they'll get back to me in 48 hours? Anyways, getting married during the virus is hard, it would have been nice to have a nice outfit I was happy to have. Now I want nothing more than put this ordeal with Hockerty behind me. After waisting $317 USD, I find my self without something to wear for a wedding that's is 60 days away. Good on you Hockerty, your Chinese company and Chinese virus have utterly screwed me over.

Tip for consumers:
A tip for others would be to stay away.

Products used:
I ended up using none of the products. If they by some act of God they remake my entire order and don't screw it up again, then I will end up using the clothes.

libbyc6
January 31st, 2017

I ordered a women's winter coat. After initially placing my order I wanted to change the the length - this was no problem and I received quick responses to my emails. Although the changes held up production the said item still arrived swiftly. Overall, the coat is better then I expected, it fits well. Time will tell on the quality of the fabric.

travisc148
August 17th, 2020

I had my measurements done by my tailor to limit the needed alterations. What I received matched none of my measurements. What I can only assume is that it was made to the horrible wrong suggested measurements based on hight and weight. When I reached out to customer support I received an email with pdfs asking me to remeasure with no information as to to whom or where I was supposed to send them when filled out. They refuse to admit to failure in making the suit to my measurements instead insting on having me jump through the same hoops repeatedly while claiming to want to fix the issue avoid at all costs. ITS A SCAM

Don't order from this company if you are looking for a quality product. If, on the other hand, you are looking for poor quality fabric, shoddy tailoring, poor customer service and a high price, by all means, order from this company.

By Tam S.