Hockerty

Hockerty has a consumer rating of 2.95 stars from 201 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Hockerty most frequently mention customer service, poor quality and credit card problems. Hockerty ranks 7th among Suits sites.

No positive highlights yet

• When you email customer service no one reaches out.
How would you rate Hockerty?

“Great Customer Service-Beautiful Clothing”

Sean T.
9/17/20

So I had a little bit of a struggle at first-the vest I ordered was way too tight but beautifully made, so I reached out to Hockerty via email and they replied immediately and walked me through the entire process of returning my garment and taking new measurements (add a few extra inches on top of your custom fit measurements). They remade and sent my new vest at no additional cost and I received the vest in 2 weeks! Give Hockerty a try you will be very happy.

“Thieves”

CJ R.
9/15/20

They sent me the WRONG COLOR suit and told me they do not do refunds even when they make the error. Nothing like a navy blue suit instead of a black $#*! for your wedding day. Do not buy anything from this company. Cheap quality, terrible customer service, and ridiculous no return policy. Save yourself money and aggravation. Run, don't walk, to a store or go to a different website. Stay always from these THIEVES

customer service (37)
cjr44
September 15th, 2020
michaelb5018
October 15th, 2020
Horrible customer service. Today was the day that my suit should have been delivered. I still have yet to receive the suit, and i need it for an event in two days. They told me that the suit would be ready by October 15th, and when you look online it says still in Tailoring. I have no idea when this suit will be completed, this is a Scam. When you email customer service no one reaches out. On their website, it says that they will reach back out in 48 hours. That is a lie!. Don't order from here.
seant183
September 17th, 2020
jamesy246
June 12th, 2020
I would avoid - poor fit and no options to return. A waste of money really and disappointing service
steveg886
April 7th, 2020
I tried buying a navy blue blazer. When it arrived it was royal blue, about 5 inches too long on the body and the buttons were completely misaligned. Oleksiy In customer service has been unwilling to help fix the solution so basically I'm stuck with a crappy jacket. This site is a scam
nitae3
July 23rd, 2020
We ordered a suit for my sons wedding. We were charged appropriately for the extras, including custom lining and functional buttonholes on the sleeves. The suit we received did not have either of them. In addition, the fit of the suit is not the modern, more trim style that everyone is wearing these days, and that is represented on Hockerty's website (see first pic below) Instead, the one we received is the traditional fit - longer in the waist and looser in the chest and arms (see 2nd pic below). Instead of correcting these issues, as promised in their "perfect fit guarantee", Hockerty refunded the money we paid for the custom lining and functioning buttonholes and claimed that we never ordered them. They also refuted our claim about the fit by saying that their manager said it looked fine. There is no way to contact Hockerty, other than their chat feature on their website, and then you aren't talking to a real person. And it takes them several days to get back to you via email. The worst customer service I have ever received. Do not waste your money on Hockerty. My son-in-law ordered his custom suit from Indochino.com with awesome results. Go there instead.
peterh758
February 14th, 2020
I ordered a custom tuxedo and confirmed the measurements over email. The suit arrived (from China?) and was ridiculously too large, to the point it could not be altered easily. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, the quality was very, very poor. Very cheap, thin materials and no where near expectations for the price.

I complained to Hockerty who refused to refund and instead offered to send me another suit; they consistantly ignored any concerns regarding quality despite numerous emails back and forth. Eventually I had no choice but to ask my credit card company to withhold payment and investigate along with contacting the Swiss ombudsman (where hockerty are based)

With Hockerty based in Switzerland I had to engage Konsumentenforum (the Swiss consumer protection organization). After investigation they agreed hockerty were at fault, however they have very little powers, the next step would be Justice of the Peace or a civil court action (which they supported). However, after arbitration with my credit card company a refund was finally provided. A lot of work on my part to get my money back from a disgraceful business.

Despite numerous emails with Jonathan Blasco from hockerty, he previously reported this truthful review as not being from someone with a genuine order, hence this repost. Further demonstration of their disgraceful business practices; reporting what they know to be valid reviews. Interesting that any positive reviews are very, very brief... I wonder if they're at all genuine. Apparently they had a previous brand name which was burned due to poor reviews.

Avoid these cheap, nasty suits and disgraceful company with terrible customer service.
daltonu2
July 21st, 2020
You only get married once right, so why not get your self something special? BUT DON'T GET IT FROM HOCKERTY! I spent $317 USD on a waste coat(vest), shirt and pants thinking, I'm giving them very accurate measurements, it's fool proof." But I was a fool believing their website was legitimate. You think you're buying from a nice looking UK company but it's Chinese sweat shop garbage. I ordered a size 38 waist pants, and what I got was more like a 32-34 waist. I have wide shoulders and a strong chest and also gave them accurate measurements for the order. I cant even pull the vest past the sides of my ribs it's so small, and the shirt cant even button up. I gave them a sleeve length of 25 inches, and I received sleeves just shy of 24 inches. Not to mention how thin the fabric is! You assume the wool blends your ordering, or the premium shirt fabric will be nice. Wal-Mart doesn't even sell cloths with fabric this cheap and thin. Look, when your planning a wedding money is tight, but if your buying from Hockerty you'll be losing it. They don't offer refunds, and the last message I got from customer service was to update my info so they can remake the pants. Do they not understand that I need everything remade? Oh and one more thing, their customer service is so slow. I get time zones but as of right now it's 9:00 am EST and they say their customer service works 09 a.m. - 18 p.m. CET. So it's like 2:00 pm there so why do they only respond once a day and then send an email saying they'll get back to me in 48 hours? Anyways, getting married during the virus is hard, it would have been nice to have a nice outfit I was happy to have. Now I want nothing more than put this ordeal with Hockerty behind me. After waisting $317 USD, I find my self without something to wear for a wedding that's is 60 days away. Good on you Hockerty, your Chinese company and Chinese virus have utterly screwed me over.

Tip for consumers:
A tip for others would be to stay away.

Products used:
I ended up using none of the products. If they by some act of God they remake my entire order and don't screw it up again, then I will end up using the clothes.

tomeshar
November 29th, 2020
Best place to get your suit, highly recommend it. 100%. My Husband is 6" 5 inches, very tall and his suit looks so dapper on, looks very neat and was comfortable.

Thanks a lot
travisc148
August 17th, 2020
I had my measurements done by my tailor to limit the needed alterations. What I received matched none of my measurements. What I can only assume is that it was made to the horrible wrong suggested measurements based on hight and weight. When I reached out to customer support I received an email with pdfs asking me to remeasure with no information as to to whom or where I was supposed to send them when filled out. They refuse to admit to failure in making the suit to my measurements instead insting on having me jump through the same hoops repeatedly while claiming to want to fix the issue avoid at all costs. ITS A SCAM
sascham3
July 1st, 2020
The customer service is awful. Even if they produce garments outside the measurements you have given them, they refuse to give you your money back. They have no address or telephone number. If anything goes wrong, you have lost your money.
leed283
November 16th, 2020
I ordered two tweed waistcoats from them.
When delivered both were exactly like the design and stitching I specified on the website.
The fitting was good, no problems. No need for any adjustments.
Material quality better than I expected.
All in all, excellent experience with this company.
mikep727
December 17th, 2019
Garments arrived fitting terribly. Hockerty blamed a website error on me and refused to honour fit guarantee.

Products also of a terrible quality vs the pictures and descriptions.

Lots of earnest statements from owners but ultimately a borderline fraudulent company.

Likly I will now have to look to the sma claims court for a resolution.
tamers14
August 4th, 2020
I purchase a ton of suits and I have to say I'm extremely impressed amazed of the fit and amazed of the quality AMAZING is an understatement I have a lot of people that enjoy great suits this is my new Fav. Thank you.
jaye252
October 22nd, 2020
Do not use this company! Their guaranteed fit statement is a lie, the quality of the shirts no better than Asda and their customer service blunt, unhelpful and dismissive!

I ordered 3 shirts due to their guaranteed fit statement, followed their videos to ensure accurate measurements and got one of the worst fitting shirts ever!

They told me to get them tailored in line with their guaranteed fit policy but due to all the work required to get them to fit the bill was £60... hockerty only cover up to 25% of the order value which meant they refunded me £28... this didnt even pay for 2 shirts to be put right therefore their guaranteed fit policy is a complete lie!

They will never get my business again!
minab24
Mina B.
September 21st, 2020
STAY AWAY FROM THIS CRIMINAL COMPANY!
My experience with Hockerty has been an absolute nightmare. This is one of the most irrational companies I've ever worked with. Let me explain. I had my wedding recently and I decided to custom design my own suit on their website. The website was nifty and the options looked great. I spent a great deal of time & detail in designing a suit that cost me about $700 for my wedding. I got the suit a few days beyond the quoted delivery date but I didn't make a deal out of that. When I tried it on, it was 3 sizes too big and didn't look remotely as nice as it did on the website. I contacted Hockerty and they offered to remake my suit but that would not be helpful because my wedding was less than 2 weeks away at that point so I asked for a refund. They refused to give me a refund. They offered to pay for tailoring up to 25% of the value of the suit or remake the suit. That does NOT make any sense. Why would you be willing to spend your company resources to remake a suit that I hate so much but you're not willing to just refund me instead. To make it worse, the customer service team keeps asking me for updated measurements so they can remake the suit (which I no longer nee) but I explained to them that my measurements in their system are the same now as they were when I purchased the suit. The product is horrible and the customer service is even worse. They ruined my wedding. I had to get a last minute emergency tux from a different vendor: They stole almost $700 from me. STAY AWAY FROM HOCKERTY!
kikol2
May 14th, 2020
CHEAP CHINESE FABRIC, DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP
THERE IS NO RETURN POSSIBILITY, YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM
STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS
zulfiqarm
October 1st, 2018
I placed my order for a blazer, three weeks ago. It arrived today.

It arrived bit creased, due to transportation and a small box, but the instructions informed me to let it hang for 24 hours.

It is a perfect fit, exactly as per the measurements instructions that I provided. It is very professionally made. A great first time, on-line made to measure experience. I will shop again. Thank you Hockerty.
andreasv10
December 20th, 2020
As long as I ordered the service seems okay, but after part of the ordered garments arrived (pants of the suit and extra pants did not arrive and suit jacket has some quality issues) their services stoped immediately. All I get is advertisement and emails that I should get more people to buy at Hockerty, which I obviously will not. Hardly every write reviews but unfortunately they deserve it. Don't do what I did and ignore reviews like this over the few happy one's who did get what they asked for (if the reviews are real).
Wish that I could add a photo of the pants but than I would have to actually receive them
mortenh7
November 30th, 2020
Very good trade. Everything from the site's recommendations of size, delivery, quality and fit. Will be shopping many more product.
johns5918
March 4th, 2020
Believe the 1-star reviews. I wish I had done more research before ordering from Hockerty. The company is very EASY to order from and HARD to work with. There is no customer service department. The "Contact Us" link is just a labyrinth of FAQ. You will never find a phone number, email, or chat. The chat from the home page is just an automated series of responses that is verbatim from the "Contact Us" link. Once your order is placed, you have to rely on hope.

I placed my order and was quoted 3-4 weeks. That has come and gone. I did receive a mass e-mail that stated my order would be delayed and received an updated delivery date. That too has come and gone. All emails come from a "no-reply" email address. You have no way to contact them.

My only option at this point is to file a dispute with my credit card company.

Beware! Beware! Beware!
jaker88
December 30th, 2019
Shocking service and fit. Went through 4 remakes and over a years worth of emails and pleading for a refund for them to repeatedly give me stock shirts. Ive given up on trying to get a refund now and have £250 worth of shirts ide never wear and will likely use them as fuel for my fire this winter. I had my friend who fits famous labels like Coast measure the shirts and they were all 20cm or more off my supplied measurements. I would like to take them to court but don't have the time or energy so all I can do is spread the word so they don't do the same to you

Tip for consumers:
Use it if you want poor shirts and to be ripped off

Products used:
Tshirt and shirts trailored service

toms1364
December 8th, 2020
SUMMARY: TERRIBLE QUALITY, INCORRECT MEASUREMENTS, ABHORRENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I was very excited about ordering my coat from Hockerty, I uploaded my measurements etc. But it all went rapidly down hill once the coat arrived. The measurements were COMPLETELY WRONG.
I have worked in high end men's fashion for several years, and have taken the measurements of many people for garments worth thousands of pounds. I've also given my measurements for several things to be made for me over the years.
Hockerty decided to add between two to four inches (5 -10cm) onto each of my measurements, and then tried to tell me that they hadn't at all. I took the coat to a local tailor, who measured both myself and the coat - he confirmed that the measurements I had given them were 100% correct and the differences mentioned above.
When I complained to Hockerty, their CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS AWFUL. First of all I was sent automatic emails, then a very rude woman took over, followed by the CS manager, who came across exceedingly arrogant and rude in his demeanour. They refused a refund, offered to reimburse only £60 of the £180 cost to have the coat altered. The CS team are also notably non-native English speakers, who undermine their own arguments from email to email. Eg. Offering to pay the full cost of alterations, and then saying they wouldn't, even though I quoted their own email back to them!
I have never had such a HORRID experience in my life when having purchased anything. STAY WELL CLEAR.
tammym407
November 7th, 2019
We thought we would splurge on a suit for our wedding, and ended up getting a baggy, ill fitted mess. We even went by measurements we had of suits that fit him very well. When I contacted Hockerty, not only do they NOT HAVE A TELEPHONE LINE, they refused to allow me to return the order. By the way, if it doesn't fit right, they only pay 25% of the tailor fee. $750 DOWN THE DRAIN.
olanm2
March 12th, 2018
This is an excellent service. I use a wheelchair, and I have an unusual shape, so it is good to find a website that can take my measurements.
I ordered a waistcoat, to see how everything went. Although it was a little tight, and not 100% in keeping with my measurements, the company had no problem taking it back and remaking the garment. The new waistcoat was shipped, arrived without any hassle, fitted perfectly.
Now, I'm ordering again, two more of the same, In different colours.

Don't order from this company if you are looking for a quality product. If, on the other hand, you are looking for poor quality fabric, shoddy tailoring, poor customer service and a high price, by all means, order from this company.

By Tam S.