Review of HobbyLobby

Tel: 1-800-888-0321
hobby@hobbylobby.com

julieh445
3/25/19

I waited in a long line to purchase my items. My items were on sale for 50% off. I asked the cashier, "These are 50% off right?" She responded, "Yes." Then she rang me up and I said, "Wow seems a little high? This is with the 50% off?" Again she said, "Yes." I paid and looked at my receipt right there. There it was all regular price. None of it 50% off. I asked her and she told me to hold on she needs to help the costumers in line first. I waited in line again. Then she said, "Oops I guess I forgot to push the button. I can't do returns here you are going to have to wait in that line over there." Of course that line was really long. I asked if she can walk over there to see if they can help me seeing how she just made the mistake and I already waited in line two times and now she wants me to wait in line three times. She said, "No," and then ignored me. I am so furious. They treated me horribly. Never again will I shop there!

janes171
12/26/18

I bought a gift card for christmas gift.I emailed them and asked for the tracking number for my purchase and did not get a response.Instead of emailing me with the tracking number after I placed the order,several days later I had to call them and ask for it.They are lying to customers saying "USPS did not provide us with a tracking number."Everything has a tracking number and they certainly do provide it to every shipper.Weather they are lying or if they are using a method that can't be tracked,I will not be doing business with them.I will never purchase anything from anyone that does not provide a tracking number to my order/packages.Hobby lobby needs to keep up with the rest of the modern world.

aaronc157
11/22/18

Great selection of seasonal products, just the perfect place to prepare for the holidays for a reasonable price!

charisser2
11/12/18

I want to recognize an outstanding employee of yours at the Bluffton, SC location, Carol Ovens. On Nov. 3rd I frantically stopped by the store to pick up replacement buttons for an outfit before heading out of town. Overwhelmed by the button choices, I looked for an employee but non were available. Carol, noticing my afghan, commented on its beauty and asked if I had made it. Responding no but that I was looking for replacement buttons, she immediately picked up my afghan, asked if she could help me, then proceeded to located the perfect buttons. After a few tries, she located the PERFECT button, which was far more complimentary than the one I had picked out! What makes this encounter more remarkable was that Carol works there, but on this particular day she wasn't scheduled to work but was shopping on her own! I am thankful for Carol! She went above and beyond, knows a lot about fabric and sewing and has an excellent eye for coordination. I wish all employees were experts like Carol.

josephr301
8/30/18

They have a lot of frames for you picture lovers! The selection here is great! You can make collages and so much more with these frames.

emmah139
8/28/18

They have a good selection of things for kids! You can find the dinosaur in the dirt and be like an archaelogist! The kids and even myself love it!

bm159
8/16/18

This is very discouraging. I was really counting on an order I had placed, and to be informed SEVEN days after placing the order that the item is out of stock is very improper. I am very disappointed that I was not informed earlier. This should have been updated online, rather than wasting a paying customer's time and money. I will no longer shop at Hobby Lobby and will never recommend this company.

raneea
Ranee A.
7/30/18

Love the store Hobby Lobby. I'll take it over JoAnn's any day. Customer service is hit or miss. When diving heavily into a craft I noticed they do not have more than the basics for the project you are working on. If you want to dive into it seriously then you need to find stores or websites that go a little more in depth. The 40% off coupon is wonderful but they do so many sales it's occasionally difficult to use. I wish they would open a few more stores in WA state. After several years I'm excited that they finally came to the east side. I can visit them monthly now instead of twice a year with an couple hour drive.

sandram408
7/13/18

I have never written a review but decided to let upper management just know how much their employees dont care at all.
I couldnt wait to take my craft loving 13 year old daughter to the Hialeah store near Miami Florida which is about 15 miles from our home. Before we left home, we saw that there was a 40% off coupon on a regular price item.
We spent over an hour, probably closer to two going up and down the isles picking out items and just marvelling over the amazing store and the variety of everything and anything one can think of.
Come checkout, we could not get the coupon downloaded maybe because of the building/area. We walked out to parking lot and still could not get it-should have taken a screenshot at home.
The woman at register had not the slightest interest in helping us. She told us that they also have scannable paper coupons but did not have one with her. I approached the manager and she too had absolutely no customer service skills or slightest interest in helping us.
We ended up leaving the store empty handed and totally frustrated.
Drove to Michaels craft store a few days later and had an amazing experience as usual.
Hobby Lobby beware because a lot of your employees have no interest in their job. They are there only to clock in and clock out. They will kill your business.

ct106
3/30/18

I was in one of our local stores this afternoon with my daughter and we ended up buying some rubber stampers. I have to say that I am NOT happy with the customer service that I received.

The items that we chose were from the clearance area since I was buying them for my three, five, and seven year olds to do some homemade cards. Three of the items did not have a clearance sticker and two of them ended up not being on clearance. I totally understand that this happens and it was not a problem. Before I had the luxury of staying home with my children, I worked about 10 years in different positions that required me to deal with the public effectively.

The problem started with her attitude. It became more frustrating when I tried to mention that they check the clearance shelf for the other stamps so that they might be moved to their proper place. Had she stopped to listen to what I was saying, she would have understood that I was not trying to get the stamps at a discounted price.

Joanne's and Michaels are a few blocks away. I chose to shop at Hobby Lobby because they are suppose to be a Christian based company. I want to support companies that try to hold to certain values. Although, I may be taking my business elsewhere as my customer service experiences have been better.

vanessaw24
9/18/17

I shop here as a last resort. I don't like how this company operates as they seem hard-pressed against becoming modern on any level. This is a personal problem, but their hours and the fact that they are closed on Sunday makes it hard to shop here if you don't work a normal 9-5, Monday-Friday job. 8pm is little early to close, even just an hour later would be better. But the primary reason I don't shop here is because they refuse to just use bar codes. Can you imagine how much money they are able to make by not programming sales prices to automatically ring up at the register? You have to make sure that you are getting the sales prices because if the cashiers don't check the ad, you'll be charged full price.

Political issues aside, poor customer service, an outdated register system that I'm sure they hold on to so they don't have to honor sales prices they post in their ad, checkout lines that are slower and fewer in number than even Walmart. Also, if you can find any item they have at any other non dedicated craft store or online, it will almost always be cheaper. The 40% off coupon is nice, but will only reduce your price to what it should've been in the first place.

lesliw1
2/9/16

You can get some really cool items for your home cheap, love their sales except when I don't buy right then. Items that are on sale get shifted a lot, meaning that if its on sale today it won't be on sale tomorrow. So you'll have to wait until it goes on sale again. Love how the store has their items categorized so you can get a full grouping! Lots of variety there's generally something for everyone. I change my styles up so it's a great value for me and for my daughters transitioning into teens. I haven't noticed any of the items I have purchased seeming cheap. I also love they are closed Sun.!!!! Customer service in the store has always been great, employees seem happy to help you!

veronicas39
1/3/16

I made all my Christmas gifts, all the materials coming from here. The quality is okay, sometimes tipping toward cheap. The prices are just okay. If you are serious about crafting, you need to buy in bulk or really shop around.

Their political stances are also terrible. I honestly feel guilty about even perusing the online catalog. If there was another craft store by me I'd go there instead.

tomt71
1/3/16

They really respect their employees and are always closed on Sunday's, they want to give them time for family and religion. They are not worried about the big bucks, I am impressed

karaw8
12/8/15

I had a rotten experience at a SC Hobby Lobby store and tried to send an email through their customer service link. After spending a great deal of time composing a nice, but firm letter, it refused to send it saying there was a server error, each of the 12 times I retried. And there was a comment at the top of the page stating, "Some things just don't go the way you planned". Uh, no, they don't. I called the customer service number listed on this page, and it took me to the gift card division and hung up on me. I go about every week and a half to this store and spend a substantial amount of money there AND online; I won't anymore.

susanp70
10/13/15

Fantastic sales and even better customer service.

melissal50
7/14/15

I just love this store! I have never been disappointed in their merchandise or their staff! I just recently started making jewelry and have a whole lot to learn. A wonderful, patient lady named Tina made the mistake of asking me if I needed anything and off I went! I have been back several times with questions and she always is ready to help me, She is a true gem!! They always have great sales and love that they have the 40% off coupon every week. I also love all the decorations for the home and especially the holidays!! Christmas in July is already going on in my local store. The entire staff is so friendly. Every time one of the staff walks by they always greet me with a smile and ask me if I need anything. I love, love, love this store and am so glad that they are building a bigger and better store in the near future. I am definitely a Hobby Lobby customer for life!!

patsyh1
5/28/15

I order my crochet supplies from this company, their site is easy to navigate and has loads of selections. Very good company for online ordering. Very quick delivery!

lorrainew3
1/3/15

I visited this store over the Christmas season. I was working on a project for special people that do so much for me throughout the year. I wanted to surprise them with something really different. My friend and I went there to pick up some art supplies. I was amazed at this store. I completely got off track because they had everything. My friend was getting upset with me because she was trying to show me what we needed for the project. Of course I was all over the place. They had the largest selection of ornaments I have ever seen other that Valley View farms. Not only that but all sorts of different items. Furniture that was beautiful. They have everything under the sun. Puzzles, candles, craft items for making just about anything you want. The staff at the store were so helpful. Although I have never ordered yet offline to see how there customer service is. I will be sure to order online in the future. It will not be as fun as going to the store. I could have spent the whole day there and not had enough time to look at everything. This store is really really nice. I hope that everyone enjoys browsing this site. www.hobbylobby.com

Questions? Get answers from the HobbyLobby staff and other customers.

HobbyLobby?