GardeningExpress.co.uk reviews

Tel: +44-844-8044253
order@gardeningexpress.co.uk

jeanettes78
8/24/19

I recently purchased about a dozen perennials for my garden. They took about two weeks to arrive, but when they did eventually arrive, most of them were dead and the remainder in very poor condition. You cannot contact them by phone, so I emailed immediately advising them that I would like a refund. They didn't reply, so I re sent the email a few days later. That too was completely ignored. I feel so disappointed and angry as I spent a lot of money on the plants. I had to go to my local garden centre, but by that time they had very little left. The plants that I did buy however were strong and healthy. This company should be closed down. It's appalling that they can only be contacted by email, but perhaps it is deliberate, so that they can get away with sending dead plants to customers with no come back. I am considering reporting them to The office of fair trading.

jens169
8/24/19

Plants arrived in very poor condition and are beyond saving. Seems to be a battle to get a refund from them. Don't waste your time or money

eryls
8/20/19

Stay away from this company. First of all they failed to deliver part of my order. Then when
the remaining part of the order arrived, the plants were in poor condition. Some were damaged and despite sending photos of the plants, they refused to replace or refund and I was told to plant in the garden, and see if they survived. The paeonies did not flower and other plants had pot bound roots . I must have had tens of e -mails re the original complaint and they kept closing down the complaint without resolution, or offering any refund. Previous review branding them as THIEVES is TRUE.

sarahk326
8/20/19

Just had delivery of 6 plants in such poor condition, if not actually dead, that it made me laugh - I don't often get caught out like this. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

kellyh421
8/20/19

Ordered two small lilac trees from them. Took Hermes 12 days to deliver them . When they arrived they were dead and I mean dead . All dried up and leaves all flaked off

I emailed them twice with photos of the trees attached. This was two weeks ago and they haven't replied

Correspondence is shocking . You can only try and contact them via email and then you will only hear from them if they decide to reply to you

They took my £31 and sold me sub standard goods . Shouldn't be allowed to continue operating . There is no way I can get my money back as they wont contact me . So angry

frankd276
8/16/19

I am waiting for my order of over £50. They don't answer tickets or their chat line and there is no phone number. DON'T USE THEM!

rachaelf25
8/14/19

Extremely late delivery, so late I emailed to say where is my order we are on holiday in 10 days! No response, and surprise surprise delivered when we were away! Replied a few days after this suggesting a neighbour sorts them out !!

judyp153
8/9/19

This is the last time I will use this company - they are the worst company I have dealt with. I had plants that arrived broken and they refused to replace and the plants didn't survive. Their delivery is slow and they will just leave the plants outside if noone in and they can get stolen. I won't go on but do not sue this awful company.

billp325
8/8/19

Some of the plants supplied were of appalling quality and would never be seen in a nursery or garden centre of any standing. Customer service takes the stance that the plants are of good quality, despite the obvious contrary position. They rely on customers not being prepared to pay for the return of the plants which should never have been sent out in the first place.
One star is one too many.

clairer66
8/7/19

Appalling, awful, disgusting, rotten, unhelpful... i could go on. What they picture online is a complete misrepresentation of what you receive (see picture) i was sent old lavender that is leggy and dead. Dead branches. Dead heads. I'm so upset. They just advised me to cut it back!! I paid £3.95 x 5 = £19.97 for what i could pick up at Homebase from their sale section for a £1 each in that condition. I also ordered a Magnolia Tree and their choice of courier (which cost me £4.99) is questionable too (see picture) i'm left with 6 leaves on it after it's travel ordeal. I can only hope that someone else will read this and save themselves £44.77 and NOT shop with gardeningexpress.co.uk! AVOID!!

marionb84
8/5/19

My first order was fine, even had some free stuff- guess to lure in customers. The plants I received in the next two orders looked like I fished them out of the skip at the tip. Plant guarantee - must be a joke- the company cannot be contacted. Their so-called help ticket never goes through, have just wasted two hours online trying to get a refund. Their chat does not work either. Safe yourself the money, spend a few more pennies and buy at a reliable garden centre. I am going to report them to Trading Standards as their promises on their webpage are not true and the plants send out are not as described. Total let down

graemec17
8/2/19

Terrible company, ordered 4 cypress pine trees. When they arrived they had been packed into a box that was too short, so in order to get them in the box they had bent the top 12 inches of each tree over. As a result each tree has now started to die. Have tried several times to contact the company but 7 days have gone by and still no response. BEWARE there is no contact number and they do not appear to respond to emails.

pr68
7/27/19

Unless you want plants that are on death's door and a customer service that takes no responsibility for their plant conditions then avoid like the plague. They send you dying plants looking nothing like their pictures and then make you pay the return postage. They know full well that packaging up a huge plant is costly to return. It may be they start out mouldy and black or this could be happening in the long transit time..who knows. What ever you do..buy somewhere else from a nursery who firstly cares about their plants and customers and secondly does not consistently scam people. I will never buy from them again and hope that trading standards get involved.

teresag129
7/26/19

The worst online shopping experience I've ever had! Goods arrived in appalling condition. Gardening Express has NO CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER (a big red flag I missed!) and enquiries/complaints need to be made on their website through their ticket' system - which in my case just meant that my complaint ticket' was read, ignored and stamped RESOLVED. My email got a response that can only be described as sarcastic and passive aggressive (that's you Sam!). No refunds. No returns. No clue.

jasons762
7/25/19

I've bought twice from Gardening Express. I should have learnt the first time.
Order 1: korean fir and pomegranate. The fir arrived after 10 days in transit in very poor condition (it dies 6 month later) and the pomegranate never arrived at all, a refund was provided for the undelivered item. The 5 year guarantee is not seemingly valid as i still advent been refunded for the dead fir tree.

Order 2: 2 x pomegranate and 1 bird of paradise. Again same problem with Hermes, plants were in transit for > 7 days and the trees arrived with dead branches at top and dropped leaves. Photos were sent immediately of damage requesting a replacement and return, 2 weeks later i was told it was "superfluous" and no replacement/refund/return would be made.

Please don't be tempted by the seemingly attractive prices. The plants seem ok, but using Hermes and taking 7-10 days to deliver boxed live plants is only going to end one way.

rickp148
7/21/19

Ordered 70 lily bulbs (pack of 20 and pack of 50) late in the season, having been advised that bulbs were still in cold storage. After two weeks a package arrived containing 140 bulbs ( 2 x 20 bulbs and 2 x 50 bulbs). Of these 140 only 4 had an unbroken flower stem, the remainder having broken stems ranging from 1mm in lenght to a few cms. Thus only a few flowers from the four intact bulbs, and of the remaining 136 bulbs most will probably die over winter due to inability to grow any stem roots.
The bulbs had obviously not been kept in cold storage but had been grwoing flower stems for many weeks and most weer then snapped of during packing. THESE PEOPLE LIE, AVOID.

janew247
7/17/19

The tree they supplied was defective, not in any way as promised (a specimen tree) and at £125 not cheap. I rejected it immediately but they have failed to deal with my complaint - no telephone, long delays in their complex email system. This company has no interest in quality of either goods or service.

cd271
c d.
7/17/19

like all the other reviews. shame i didn t see. plant arrived late.dead . opened ticket . send pictures. never a reaponse . wasted money

sandraa227
7/12/19

I ordered over £120 worth of plants which never arrived. They claim to have left them in my porch (we don't have an enclosed porch). After 3 weeks of back and forth complaints they have washed their hands of it and told me to report them stolen or take it up myself with their courier. Nice!

annetteb104
7/9/19

What an absolutely atrocious company to deal with. Poor quality products and terrible customer service. No telephone number so you have to online chat'. Poor you if you get Sam - he/she will actually shout at you with capital letters! Returning products costs a fortune - so it's not worth it in the end. 4 boxus will eventually come back to life with some TLC, but the Laurel, well - hardly a matching pair. These were meant to be placed at the entrance to a marquee in a few weeks time. That'll be embarrassing, so will go out and spend my hard earned money on decent plants. DON'T THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY. Visit your local garden centre and buy quality products you can inspect.

davidy134
7/2/19

AVOID!!!! The worst customer service I have experienced. 2 of my plants have still not arrived after a month. The (£50) plant that did arrive was damaged and in very poor condition. Appalling response time to emails. My tickets are still being investigated by the 'horticultural team' one month later!

sophieb76
7/2/19

SUCH A TERRIBLE COMPANY. AVOID!

Ordered my plants nearly 2 weeks ago and they haven't even processed my order! Given the delays, I asked to cancel my order, but then they said it had been processed so couldn't be cancelled, but then when I ask where my plants are they said it hadn't been processed. I have dealt with 3 different customer support staff and they all copied and pasted the same message.

I have now given up and accepted that I have lost £100 that I paid to Gardening Express. They have no intention of sending my plants or giving me a refund. Instead, I ordered some plants from Amazon for the same price and they were great, arrived in a couple of days and really good quality.

SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE.

judyw289
7/1/19

My first and last order (order number 600275087) with this terrible company. I spent over £50 on an Acer tree, a Bottlebrush tree, a pair of French Lavender standards, and some bulbs. When I eventually received my order, the plants arrived well wrapped and boxed, but all are of very poor quality, and I'm not sure they will survive. I'm giving them TLC, but it's a losing battle. The bulbs were not in the box and 'to follow" was written on the delivery note. However, on my account, it states that the bulbs have been delivered! When I placed my order, the bulbs were in stock, so it would appear that their online stock system gives false information.

What a rip off this company is. They take your money and send you plants that are on their last legs. I've still not received the bulbs!

With hindsight, I should have read all the reviews before placing my order. An expensive lesson learned!

nataliee48
6/28/19

First time ordering from this company, took forever to come, when it did arrive it was a twig with brown fried leaves,1 green leaf, is a clematis which has been cut so won't grow this season and looks like it will die anyway. Is not as described and reading the reviews most customers are not happy and they appear not bothered if customers are unhappy. This company needs reporting to Trading Standards.

samn98
6/28/19

The quality and condition of the plants was extremely poor. The Clematis was completely dead, it was dry and crispy with hardly any leaves. The soil was still quite damp so this must of been in the condition when packaged. The Sea Thrift plants either had no flowers,dead flowers broken stems or just stalks, nothing like the lovely big pink and white blooms on the website. The healthier plants were so tiny and again nothing like the website which is completely misleading. I wish I had checked the reviews first before ordering. I have made a complaint but have heard nothing. I spent £60 on plants and when they arrived they are worth less than half of this, in fact if I saw these I would not buy them. To give an idea of the size of the plants I took a photo next to a 1 litre spray bottle. I regret buying from this site, waste of money.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE, YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY

Total rip off merchants, poor quality plants, you are lucky if they are alive when they arrive. No refund, no replacements, no customer service . They need putting out if business

By Maggie G.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as is head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about,

By ALISON B.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as I believe it's head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about,

By ALISON B.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as I believe it's head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about. So I can only image what plants they set you out

By ALISON B.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as I believe it's head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about that arrived full of slugs and severely iron deficient

By ALISON B.

Questions? Get answers from the GardeningExpress.co.uk staff and other customers.

GardeningExpress.co.uk?