GardeningExpress.co.uk reviews

Tel: +44-844-8044253
order@gardeningexpress.co.uk

nickb305
10/29/19
Gosh , how is this company still trading ?
This company shows you a picture of a plant on their website, and sends the plant below .
No refund, and expect me to pay for return postage, if I want the hassle of returning. Thankfully my bank came out trumps and refunded .
kd145
10/19/19
Only ordered twice from GE, first time spent over £150, half the plants /trees ordered were Ok but then found the guarantee involves returning plants at own expense for a refund. As some of my plants (hellebores) had just disintegrated this was not possible anyway. Second order placed (not realising it was same company) and was sent wrong plant along with some ropey looking bulbs. After sending two lots of photos and waiting four days asked why it took so long to resolve (had already waited a long time for the plants and just wanted to get on with planting in a scheme) was told the delay was my fault because I kept contacting them and every time I did it took away from the horticultural team to investigate .. given that only one email was extra to what they'd asked for, I thought it was incredibly unhelpful and rude! Will never order from GE again. Good companies go under, how do companies like this survive?
cameronl44
10/18/19
Was enticed to buy from this company due to reviews on trustpilot of all places!!
Wrong decision.
I was sent 7 plants in 2 litre pots.
1 was completely out of its pot, 1 was snapped so badly it wasn't worth planting and another 1 was dead!!!
Disgusting complaints procedure, can't upload photos to prove complaint and no response to any requests for information or refunds procedure..
Avoid!
stuartd38
10/14/19
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY......SERIOUSLY!
I can only support and voice the concerns and complaints of the massive number of ripped off buyers who proceeded me....shocking products and services is an understatement.

As stated by many reviews, I wish I had read the reviews before......Please do not think we are the unlucky few and that it won't happen to you. If you are like me an the many others The only thing guaranteed by Gardening Express is that they will send you poor product and follow up with equally poor service. BE WARNED
benc462
10/11/19
OMG I wish I had searched for reviews before ordering from this terribly and unfortunately named company! SEVEN WEEKS for my order to arrive in full. It's a different season now! This seven weeks was accompanied by me spending AGES chasing them - after four weeks (the joke is when you order it estimates 3-5 days delivery) they sent only part of my order, their customer support ticket system being a joke that never wanted to help, and, the plants... I mean, they were cheap, and they are alive? I think that's the nicest I can put it! The plants certainly do not match the glowing descriptions "covered in giant flowers" for example, nope. Please learn from my and many others mistakes and do not shop here, there is NOTHING positive to say about this appalling, abysmal company.
marial652
10/8/19
Received a delivery with numerous plants. Some ok, some pretty dead and not as advertised. Started a dispute through the chat as they don't provide a phone number on the website. Talked to two people through chat and Marina the manager on the phone, got fobbed off, despite providing with clear evidence that the plants that I have received are not what is advertised (ornamental cabbages are advertised to be in 10-12cm pots 1l on the website, arrived in 6cm pots and less than 400ml, and some of the heathers were pretty dead).

Got told that the plants are the right plants and there is no issue and if I want to return them for refund I need to cover the cost myself, which I have refused, given that I have received not what I have ordered based on the information provided online.

When I have pointed out the difference in size of the ornamental cabbages both in the description and photos on the website, I got told that the measurements are approximate and the images for full grown plants. This was not mentioned on the product page.

As for heathers, I got told that some of them are not in season and thus don't look great right now. Again, nowhere on the product page is mentioned that they are out of season. On contrary, it says 'Full of buds and bursting in to colour right now'. Again, when I pointed this out to Marina the manager, I got told that I should have done my homework (bear in mind the product page doesn't even mention what types are being sent!).

All in all, the company is a scam and I would advise against shopping with them as you will waste your money and nerves talking to the customer support team.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop with them as the quality of plants and service is appalling!

melissap272
10/2/19
Do not order from those people. They are sending you rotten plants and make it impossible to get refunded despite every effort to provide them with proves.
paulinec71
9/28/19
Ordered this plant and received a bent twig! I raised a complaint and the response was that if I scraped some skin off it and is was green underneath then it was alive. Really? They then closed my complaint down and marked it as 'resolved'. NO IT WAS NOT RESOLVED. Take my advice readers and do not order from this company. I don't even believe they grow their own plants, I think they are all 'seconds'. Goodbye Gardening Express!
andrewb599
9/26/19
Ordered a pair of Tuscan Cypress trees. On unpacking one was damaged, in that the leader branch was broken. Immediately emailed Gardeningexpress with pictures, took a week for them to reply (after I chased them) to be told that there was no detrimental damage. Having stated that I was unhappy with this I was told to return them at my cost to get a refund, when all they had to do was send a replacement tree. Rest assured I will not use them again and would strongly advise against anyone else using them.
louisec157
9/24/19
Box arrived damaged. Rose had a broken branch, there were diseased leaves in the bottom of the box and the remainder started falling from day one. Not an ounce of customer care either. Save your money!
sarahm935
9/18/19
Do not use gardening express, they sent the wrong plants, then pretend they have a customer services but don't be fooled. They just shut down your ticket after a while, then say they don't have the information, I've done this three times now and I've yet to get a proper response from them. Disappointing as it's a good idea but in practice they need to get their act together
veronikak14
9/12/19
Plants are half dead and look like they have been raised in a cellar: dead branches all over, severely lopsided and yellowing.
The packaging looks like the intent was indeed herbicide: the pots are badly misshapen, there is sticky tape running through the leaves and branches, pots stuck on top of each other bending poor greenies out of the way.
Wish I had read the review beforehand.
leee74
9/12/19
Do not use these people. Plants arrived weeks after I ordered them, halfway dead and company refused to accept any fault. Apparently, lavender plants are supposed to look dead at this time of year!!! Do not fall for this bunch. Disgrace. Photo of lavender plants attached - apparently that's normal....!
michaelb600
9/9/19
This company is a joke, I really don't know where to start. I am normally quite a savvy shopper and can't believe I fell for this scam. The owner Chris Bonnett should be ashamed of this outfit, I would gladly spend double for a quality product delivered with great customer service which is the exact opposite to what I received. Buyers beware!
hollyw115
9/6/19
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I bought a pair of Photinia Red Robin trees - they were late coming and then were spindly and half eaten. When I wrote to complain they did not respond for 2 days, and I then had to message them through live chat. Their response was the trees would grow back ok in a month, and if I wasn't happy I should send the trees back (at my cost) as per returns policy - which would be completely impossible as they are 5ft tall! This is a clear case of mis selling - if I had know this was the state of the trees I was buying I would have NEVER have bought online, and gone straight to a garden centre.

Tip for consumers: go to a garden centre and choose healthy plants

ellenm201
9/4/19
Delivery arrived 26 days after order.... Plants had been 10 days in transit. Some plants missing..... Most of them dead!!!
Repeatedly emailed with photos.... Customer service horrendous..... Very rude.
They are going to refund for dead and missing plants.... I won't hold my breath!!!
Not express and no garden!!
monicap122
9/3/19
I am in a bit of a dilemma with regards to this review, as I, like many other customers, didn't have a good shopping experience with Gardening Express, but the plant turned out to be good. Ok, it isn't not as bushy and wide as originally advertised, but not bad at all, appears healthy and well kept. It is a shame, as this company should definitely remove the word Express from their name, as this creates wrong expectations from the start. Also, state boldly that 3-5 days is shipping time, not delivery time. Additionally, it would be good for customers to be able to communicate with a human, as currently there is no helpline or Customer Service in place.
juleam
9/1/19
Paid for a tri coloured hibiscus , got a pot of sticks a month later which cost me £20.00 , will forward links of all the negative reviews to watchdog. It may stop others getting conned
anner163
8/30/19
After 4 weeks a diseased tree arrived really moth eaten and half dead is was a standard tree but the
Trunk was at a 45 degree angle would not have paid £5 let alone £35 +postage
How you keep trading ive no idea
A company to keep clear of !! Need shutting down
customeri11
8/30/19
Two weeks after placing my order, i'm still waiting and staff cant tell me when my order is coming. AVOID and save yourself the disappointment.
andreah230
8/29/19
Agree with other recent reviews - this is not a company I would use again, or advise anyone else to. Advert said plants would be delivered between 3-5 days. After 5 days I contacted Gardening Express to be told they are working day and night, but no date given for delivery. After 3 weeks, in damaged boxes, these listless, dying and deadheaded flowers arrived. I complained. After 9 days their response was

"Thank you for very kindly sending over photographs of your recently ordered plants, having reviewed the photographs with our Nursery Manager I would like to assure you, your plants are as we would expect them to be.

Please be assured these will continue to grow and thrive so please ensure that you follow the care instructions provided.

The main picture used on the website is of a full sized, specimen plant to show you the effect you can recreate over time if the plant is given the optimum growing conditions and care"

9 days stuck in tiny pots (waiting for the profuse apologies, and offer to replace them that never came, did nothing to help the health of these plants).So, if you don't want plants past their prime, which if they survive the journey will only be good by the next season, it would be best to avoid this company.
johna1426
8/28/19
Absolutely nothing express about this company! Have waited 4 weeks for my order to arrive Complained after 2 weeks that my package label arrived without a parcel attached!!! A new order was dispatched only to arrive a further two weeks later with the plants I had ordered in either dead or completely dried out state unlikely to survive. Customer services couldn't have given a toss.
Absolutely disgusting service and I will be sure to pass my experience on to any one I know who orders online.
Avoid, avoid. avoid.
jonw167
8/28/19
Dying plants delivered and they try to wriggle out of it. Will now attempt chargeback, shame didn't use credit card.
michelled393
8/28/19
Cannot seem to be able to contact anyone within this company
600315006 Is my order £100 spent on bunch off dead plants which I waited weeks for
Dried out dead!!! Plants
I feel this company needs to be reported investegated as what they showin plant advertisement isn't what you recieve!!!
alisonb153
8/27/19
The one star is because the package did arrive even thought it was badly damaged!!! I wished I had taken the time to check out the reviews for this company it would have saved me buying plants that arrived in such poor condition & dead like the other customer have received very disappointed please save your money and avoid

Total rip off merchants, poor quality plants, you are lucky if they are alive when they arrive. No refund, no replacements, no customer service . They need putting out if business

By Maggie G.

In the same boat! No contact details or Twitter account (which is particularly a shame!) but you can find him on LinkedIn under his name. With premium account (free for 1 month if you don't have it) you can directly send him a message. I will do this next, although doubt it will help as the messages are private.... Good luck!

By Maria L.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as is head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about,

By ALISON B.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as I believe it's head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about,

By ALISON B.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as I believe it's head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about. So I can only image what plants they set you out

By ALISON B.

I rang gardening express on 01245 442511 spoke to a customer service manager on several occasions on this number, you just have to ring and eventually it gets answered as I believe it's head office. I got a refund for 4 dead plants but haven't been able to secure refund for the rest of my plants I had complained about that arrived full of slugs and severely iron deficient

By ALISON B.

Questions? Get answers from the GardeningExpress.co.uk staff and other customers.

GardeningExpress.co.uk?