Frederick's of Hollywood reviews

customer.service@fredericks.com
2018 Customer choice award

ca153
7/13/19

I was a mail-order customer for a very long time, and liked their stores, too. A few years ago, I heard they went out of business, and am wondering if the current Frederick's is an entirely different company, or purchased by someone else?
I really liked their products in the past- reasonably priced, good quality. But I wish they would go back to selling regular clothes- pants, tops, dresses. I'm not really interested in lingerie and swimsuits.

swanr7
5/28/19

My lace underwear came in with loose threads. I emailed them and they did not reply. I just emailed once again, we'll see what they say. They replied but it was an automatic response and it did not address my concerns. It will not let me post pictures from my iPhone unfortunately.

lauras648
4/26/19

I purchased a handful of items I was excited for my upcoming honeymoon. I placed the order the first week of February and received the items two weeks later. This was a little later than I was hoping but I still had plenty of time. Half of the items fit and i kept them, half of the items did not fit. Some too small, some too big so I went online and printed the return label and had it back in the mail less than 2 days after I received the items. This should have allowed for a full refund and I have tracked my package back to the company and it was received back in the beginning of March and I still have no received a refund for my returned items! I've waited over a month and a half for the money and I was planning to purchase new items but if I don't get my money back I will never shop from this site again. I've written 6 e-mails to their support email address and have not received a single response. Do not buy from this website if there is any chance that you need items quickly or aren't sure on sizing. SO FRUSTRATING!

amandar382
3/31/19

Very disappointed. First of all its been nearly a month since i placed my order and i have not received any of the items i ordered. I was really excited to receive
the minx chemise which is the main thing i wanted i only ordered the baby doll and the matching robe to get free shipping. A week goes by and im told the minx chemise is no longer in stock snd cancelled and the other 2 items had been shipped. Ok fine it happens. I was still excited about the baby doll and matching robe. 2 more weeks go by and im told the baby doll is cancelled but its matching robe is still being sent. What good is it to me without the matching babydoll to wear underneath? This is unacceptable. I should be refunded all of my money. I have no use for the robe. Now its gonna cost me time and money to return it if i want a refund for something that should of been refunded along with its matching counterpart. Worst online experience ive had so far

elizabetho17
3/20/19

I am a long time customer of Frederick's. I used to order out of their printed catalog in the 90's. I never had problems with customer service. I haven't ordered much in the past 7 years or so but they had a great sale on some costumes recently so I got two. Unfortunately, the zipper on one of them was broken upon arrival. I wrote right away and waited. It took about 7 business days for them to respond, but they sent a replacement and a label to send back the damaged one. I wish the response time was a little quicker, but they did take care of my problem. They don't really have anyone answering the phone anymore, it was all done by email. I would order again for a really great sale.

jenniferg441
3/19/19

I placed an order for multiple items and when I got my order in it was missing an item and all of the lingerie was too small. I reached out to customer service via e-mail and they responded 2 days later and asked for additional information so they can look into it. I responded with all of the information and 4 days go by and I heard nothing, so I resend the e-mail with all of the information. The next day I decided to call the customer service department and I called half an hour before they close. I was waiting to speak with someone for 45 minutes when all of a sudden I hear a message saying that I called after business hours and I have to call back and it hung up on me. I called again 6 days later because I had still heard absolutely nothing from them and I was told that they are unable to issue a refund, that they can reship the item or they can issue store credit. I don't want them to reship the item because everything else in my order the sizing was WAY off, but it was all clearance items so I wasn't able to return them, so I didn't want them to reship, I just wanted my money back. They said their policy states they can not issue a refund, they can only reship or give store credit. Yet nowhere on their website does it say anything about ONLY issuing store credit, especially since it hasn't even been 30 days since my order. So they messed up and didn't send me my full order and I'm being punished for it. This is horrible customer service! I've been a long time customer of them and have placed a couple hundred dollars worth of orders in just the past month and this is how I'm treated! I will never order from them again. I am extremely disappointed.

melaniet78
2/20/19

Ordered 3 items 2/3/19 and paid for 2 day shipping. Items still not received 2/20/19, bank account debited 2/3/19. I've tried to get order updates since 2/9/19 to no avail. Can't reach anyone over the phone, through my account, by email, or Facebook messenger!!! I've purchased nice items before, but this is the first time I have had a problem with my order. It will definitely also be my last order.

robertm624
2/15/19

I tried to order from this site, but no luck. At the very last step, the site told me to change the zip code, but after multiple attempts, I finally gave up.

Then I contacted their customer service and again gave up after 20 minutes of holding to music.

Then I sent an email, and received a response that they would get right back to me. They never did.

melc74
1/29/19

I made a large purchase. Two of them items did not fit, so I returned them immediately. They received the items but have not returned my money. No answers on phone calls, no answers on emails, no answers on facebook messages. SCAM!

meaganb18
1/10/19

Ordered from them, and had no issues. Went by previous friends/families experiences from years ago. But I suppose that changes.

The description of the lingerie I ordered was to include the matching g string. Yet, when I received my order, that was not included. The stockings I received were also very poorly made. I've emailed support numerous times and yet, no response. Can't get through to a rep on the phone either. And based on previous reviews, I'm not returning it to get screwed out of all of my money. Is it bad to just want the items you PAID for? So I'm stuck with a corset and no matching underwear that were to be included unless I go and of course, purchase them separately. Stay away from this company and their scams and HORRIBLE customer service. Save your money and time and go elsewhere.

ronm304
12/12/18

Ordered a gift for my wife to be delivered in 4-6 days. It's now 9 days. The tracking number is wrong and I have emailed customer support 2 tines with no response. Buy their product from another seller not direct. In 2018 they are a dinosaur that has no idea of quality and service.

terryw221
12/4/18

Wow so disappointed, I never thought to check complaints because they
have been around for years. I use to receive the magazine and they use
to be in malls so when I decided to place my order on 11/23 I never
thought twice about it. I have yet to receive tracking it just says it on its way to DHL and still no
product in hand. I have called twice and waited for over 30 minutes
without any answer. I have also emailed them twice and no response.
Seriously Frederick's what a disappointment never would have thought I
would have gotten scammed.

maggiep55
12/1/18

When I first ordered my items, I was very nervous after reading all the horrible reviews. My items arrives 3 days after I ordered in a thin, flimsy white bag. I was expecting something cheap and awful looking. I was very surprised. I got exactly what I asked for in the sized I wanted. The lace and silk are of very good quality, and everything is so comfortable! The bra and panties look and feel amazing, and look really good. The only thing I would say is that their body suits run a little small, so order a size bigger than you think you would need. I only ordered a thin bra with no padding/under-wire, so I cant speak for the support it offers. Overall, very happy with my order, and glad I took a chance with this company.

Tip for consumers: The body suits run a little small, so definitly order a size larger than you would normally wear. Also, when youre checking out your items and it looks like something wasnt made correctly or is twisted, make sure that its not supposed to be crossed somewhere (which is what happened to me, it took me like 10 minutes to figure out what was wrong lol)

chrisc795
11/16/18

If you buy anything's from this place I hope u like it cause if you have to return or exchange you get SCAMMED

valerief67
9/18/18

I was a loyal Frederick's customer when they still had stores. The service was
always excellent at the stores and the quality was good.
I tried buying online but my experience was really bad. I purchased panties, a
bikini and a swimsuit. The panties were alright but the swimsuit was damaged
(hole at the neckline) and the seam of the bikini bottom was loose. Furthermore,
the bikini bottom was far too small. I ordered the same size as the panties
(who fit perfectly) but the bikini bottom would barely fit a teenage girl.
I want to return the items but as I live abroad and I only visit the US 70 days
after shipping, they will not accept my return. They also say that you cannot
return products that were on sale. I think that is unacceptable, they should
allow you to return damaged goods no matter if they were on sale or not. In the
end, it is their bad fabric/manufacturing why I want to return part of the
products, not because I don't like the style.
I really love the designs of Frederick's of Hollywood but will never ever buy
them (online) again. How sad what happened to their quality and service.

kelseym48
Kelsey M.
8/15/18

Lots of issues with the service I received. First off, I started my search over the weekend, I found the perfect bra and for a great price. It was during their sale, well I waited until Tuesday to order. The bra had become full-price...okay, I missed the sale. That was on me. After I placed my order 2 days had gone by and I searched the bra I purchased to show my friend...and to my surprise the SAME bra was back at the original sale price. Only 2 days difference??? So they took the sale away for 2 days and brought it back? I couldn't believe it. So I emailed the company and told them what had happened and asked if they would refund me 1/2 the bra price since they must have had a system glitch, what company takes a sale off for 2 days and puts the same one back on? They refused to give me partial refund. So I was upset. The bra didn't end up fitting so I had to send it all back...my $40 bra purchase ended up with only $15.10 back in my pocket as they kept $ for shipping and handling....so I could have just kept the bra and resold it for my money's worth. They ended up taking $20 of my order! Again, angry with the first rep I talked to that wouldn't refund me a partial...I emailed their support line again and explained I was already unhappy with the service and the bra and didn't feel they should take $20 of my order! They were no help. They said it was in the return policy. I told them that I knew I would pay for postage back by returning the item but last I checked, postage isn't more than $5. So where my other money went...I have no clue and they refuse to tell me. I will never order from them again.

lenzh
3/22/18

Overall I do like like Fredrick's of Hollywood over VS but I just don't understand why I never see any other ethnicities on their websites modeling their line, I would very much enjoy the opportunity to see what the lingerie would like on someone that looks like me. I have beautiful chocolate skin, I am a size 0 with 32B bust, and a big part of my decision making comes from how a outfit will compliment my skin tone and my curves, but with Fredrick's I don't get that opportunity.

adriac2
2/21/18

I was shipped the wrong item and was then informed the item I had paid for was no longer in stock. I had to go our of my way to ship the incorrect item back to them and am still weeks later waiting on my refund. Also, I am not getting any compensation for the shipping fees I paid to get the wrong item shipped to me. I will never order from here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

nicoleb215
2/14/18

I had my order sent to different address than my own to surprise my fiance. I noticed in the email confirmation they send me only the street was listed no number tied to the address. I called customer service to confirm if this was correct, the lady I spoke to was extremely rude, unhelpful, and unapologetic. I'm now sitting on hold with usps for 30 minutes now to get this corrected. From the reviews, I read I can only hope my order comes in correct & favorable.

sarahs406
12/31/17

I fit a size Large, I ordered from this place in a Large and it fits more like a medium, not comfortable and doesn't fit right when its not your size.

tylenp
11/1/17

I ordered an outfit & was sent the wrong order. I called politely and asked for a reissue of my order. They emailed me a return label. They couldnt even send me my CORRECT merchandise over night. And apparently there was a big meeting yesterday with all of the supervisors so no one was available. My rep told me that her shift was ending so I needed to call back in an hour. I called back 10 minutes later and SOMEHOW a rep was able to tell me that their supervisor declined to overnight my product and that it will be $24.99 to overnight my correct merchandise. They dont put the customer first at all when they are the ones who made a mistake. I sent the package back the same day and was told that they need to see movement from Fed Ex before issuing a refund which would take about 5-7 business days. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!!! $

barbarah201
10/30/17

Got an email today saying that my order had been delivered. I drive out of my way to pick it up only to find out that I was sent someone elses order Not mine! First of all I spent $50 on this order! Was my very first order ever and so far I am not liking it! I open the bag to find 3 pairs of panties for $17 and it was supposed to go to someone in Oregon. Lemme guess. they now have my bra ??? I am so annoyed! After looking at all these reviews I bet I will never ever see my bra. I am so saddened because I am a breast cancer survivor. 3 years ago I lost my breasts and I just recently had surgery to get them back! I was so excited to go bra shopping! I picked this bra out on the Fredericks site as my first one and now I am wondering if I will even ever see the damn thing. ugh

alis1125
10/16/17

I have placed close to 10 orders from this company and each time I have had excellent customer service. The shipping arrives promptly and they respond quickly to cancellations and other needs. Returns are easy but it does take almost the full 2 weeks before my money is refunded. I will continue ordering from Frederick's!

rosarior7
10/9/17

I ordered 4 bras from Frederick's of Hollywood, returned all 4 within the alloted time frame. I was told that they only received 3 of the 4. I told them to verify the weight of the bag with 4 bras and then the weight of the bag with only 3 and they would see that they were wrong. It took them 2 months to tell me they only verified 3 and basically said sorry there is nothing we can do to refund you the $45 (of course they lost the most expensive of the bras). No wonder this company has only online stores now. I am filing a small claims to get my money back as well as a BBB complaint!

sarahb283
10/3/17

What happened to this company? They used to be my #1 go-to for bras that fit nicely and were plus size! I ordered a couple bras from them, all of which read as in-stock on their website and... Nothing... I waited and waited and finally got ONE of the bras. When I reached out to customer service they (very promptly, to be honest) informed me that the other bras I'd ordered were out of stock and they cancelled the remainder of the order.

While I appreciate actually getting my money back for the remainder of the unsent order, I don't really think it's a compliment to the company to say that I'm glad they didn't outright rob me. Why are items that are out of stock and apparently not being restocked (I wasn't even given an option to wait for the bras to come back in stock!) listed as available on the website? Do they have 2 people working there and they're too busy to update their database?

I want to love Frederick's. I have been a longtime fan of their items, so experiencing this and realizing that I flat-out cannot trust their website is a bummer.
I am giving them 2 stars because the bra they did end up sending to me fit nicely.

60 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Their brick and mortar stores don't exist, but they have an online store.

By Maggie P.

Questions? Get answers from the Frederick's of Hollywood staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Frederick's of Hollywood