Review of FedEx

Tel: 1.800.463.3339
trackingupdates@fedex.com

jp251
4/5/19

Every time I see a company sending a product I ordered through FedEx, I am filled with dread because I know the trouble I am about to have to deal with when it comes to them. For 5 years now, this ABHORRENT delivery service never rings my doorbell and will do one quick knock then leave and mostly everything that comes through FedEx requires some kind of signature. The place where I live is upstairs and we are usually in the bedrooms in the very back of the apartment so there would be no way to hear a knock on the door. Now if this wasn't bad enough, the company now is refusing to do any redelivers and have now lied on multiple occasions on promising to resend a package. I already filed a complaint with the BBB but I doubt it will make much of a difference as they still have an A rating while being flooded with 1 star reviews. They are the WORST delivery service ever. I never have any of these problems with any of the other services.

aydink2
4/3/19

Hi,

I suggest never to use Fedex services or give anyone your Fedex account number to make a shipment to you.

They abuse the fact that the account holder is not making the shipment and can not approve cost.

Here is what happened.

My customer wanted to us to ship a personal item to him and gave us his Fedex account #.

The goods to be shipped are 2 tee shirts and 2 shorts. It is almost 5 pounds but by the rule of package sizes it is regarded 20 pounds.as We shipped from Istanbul to New York with the Fedex account # of the customer.

Now hear this.

My customer gets an invoice of $2064.29 for this shipment and as you can expect is crazy with our operaration.

FYI, the cost of two way airline ticket to Istanbul NY is $600.

My factory in Istanbul checked what if they sent this package with their own account instead of using customer Fedex acc #.

It turns out we would have paid $125.

Can you see the game Fedex is playing, and this is not the first time.

Taled to customer service couple of times , and they provided a $900 discount. But then I find out they charged is with wrong package size. So they charged my customer 4 time the volume.

I am now trying to prove that the size was entered wrong in their systems.

Bottom line.

Don't give anyone your Fedex account #. Fedex will abuse it. You will get the surprise later so all is happened already. No accapence of price before shipment. Fedex claims that they can not give cost of shipment to anyone else but other then the account holder. They do not request approval from the account holder the cost. So they ship and bat it will be paid.

I am refunding the whole cost to my customer on what he paid to Fedex and that is how customers needs to be treated.

Best

Aydin

as342
4/3/19

I used FedEx to ship a piece of art from Mexico City. I was charged $95 for shipping. The piece was delivered to me as I gave it to them. It was not packed so at all. Consequently it was destroyed in the shipping process. I was told if I refused delivery I would be dealing with FedEx in the U.S. . After filing a claim, providing copies of all receipts, many calls and repeating my story many times , I was told I would have to deal with the office in Mexico City. I explained I do not speak Spanish and that is why I refused delivery. After much back and forth I was told I would receive a check for the cost of the art and credit on my credit card for the shipping charges. I have received the check but have not been given the credit. I have called and have been passed from one person to the next. They promise to get back to you but do not. I would not recommend using FedEx for any international shipping and I will never use them again for any shipping.

stewarth30
3/16/19

The incompetence of this company is astounding!!! Today they managed to deliver my package to the wrong address for the third time in a row!!! I have called each time and today they were supposed to call before delivering. They didn't call. They just delivered the package to the wrong address again! What's worse is that they drive right past my house every time to deliver it to the wrong address. They drive within 10 feet of my carport which has my house number in 4" numbers displayed. I guess it would be too much effort for them to look for a house number.

Stewart C. Hagerman

Member: American Mensa

pauls422
3/14/19

Been having problems with FedEx delivery people who will not follow simple delivery instructions. My FedEx Delivery Manager provides instructions to deliver to my front door because I am handicapped. The local delivery office is aware of this, but their drivers could care less. After a BBB complaint in January, I was assured by customer service that it had been taken care of and would no longer be a problem. Package today says delivered in tracking, but it's not here. Online chat customer rep said I should go out and hunt for it. Um no, that's not acceptable. They kept asking for the same info over and over, and then just disconnected with no warning. VERY unprofessional. In January I tried calling them. That was even worse...extremely rude. Now I warn every vendor I work with to avoid FedEx at all costs. Just isn't worth the hassle. I kept a transcript of the chat exchange which I will add to my current BBB complaint. Likely to start a DOJ complaint as well for refusing an ADA accommodation. Delivering to my front door isn't complex or dangerous...as a matter of fact, it's much more secure to leave packages there than anywhere else on my 10 acres.

natalyag3
3/13/19

I ordered a medications, paid for 2 day Express delivery. Package had arrived to Alaska and sat in Anchorage, AK warehouse since Friday to late Tuesday before it got transferred to USPS for final delivery. FedEx must not pay enough to USPS so the package continues with a fast speed. Now USPS is estimating a delivery time to me in 4 days, that would be total of 10 days shipping time! If FedEx is not able to deliver it withing the time frame, they shouldn't take the job, let UPS take care of it! FedEx is trying to make me feel bad because it's them but not me paying USPS for the final delivery, eventhough i already paid 2 day Express shipping to FedEx for the complete rout from Clearwater, FL to Delta Junction, AK. Very, very frustrated and disappointed. I always try to avoid Fedex, but some store just have contracts with them. How disappointing! If I could i would give them ZERO stars.

kristym71
3/9/19

I have a business and several times my tracking says on Fed ex vehicle for delivery only to wait all day to have them not deliver and have it change to the next day to only have it happen again!!! I'm losing money because I can't get my shipments on time!!!! Customer service sucks- they only say well they have until 8pm to deliver - but never happens- My service area comes out of the Franklin PA station. Horrible horrible service

jennyy24
3/8/19

I am not fan on making reviews but this time I need to.So,I ordered a phone from walmart online and it will be deliver through fedex.I was waited the whole day on the delivery date but nothing came.All the things I need to do was canceled.And I keep track on my order from time to time.And now I need to wait again for my package the next day.I am sorry but I have to say this.FedEx should prioritize the delayed package early in the morning so that customers will appreciate your service.How will I know what time that my package will arrived?Do I have to wait another whole day?OMG!!!All my time was used to wait for my package!Ridiculous!I will rate 1 for right now because I am very disappointed!

eves35
3/4/19

Don't ship furniture or ANYTHING valuable through Fedex! All items are sent up a conveyor belt and DROPPED 15 ( +?) or more feet into a bin! I had a very precious antique dresser with mirror completely demolished by Fedex. Insuring? Good luck collecting before the witching hour.

janes171
3/3/19

The trucks move 24/7.That means the tracking needs to be properly updated on time 24/7,there is zero excuses for the poor/improper tracking,lies about tracking numbers,and alterations to the tracking numbers.You guys need to keep a better eye on your driver's work.Somehow you or they they think they(not sure who is messing with the tracking numbers)are special and don't need to update the tracking on the weekends.This applies to all delivery companies,not just fedex.Fedex used to be the best and now I can't say that,usps is top.They don't set dates(you really need to get out of your own way with the set dates thing,it's just rediculous and just makes everyone involved angry)and let packages sit for days at a time at stop/hubs/far away locations for absolutely zero legit reasons.They never get packages to people in a timely fashion.If you want to be the best,you have to actually make the effort to earn that title.I will be periodically updating/editing this review.Right after posting this review the tracking for my package updates with "In transit." "In transit" is not an update,it does not properly state tracking information.(My package has been "In transit" for 34 hours,I live 7/7 and a half hours from where the package last departed,I could have had my package yesterday.) If one of your drivers does this,especially after days of zero updates something is wrong.Pay attention to what your drivers are doing,not doing,and what's going on within your company.It's just getting weird at this point,and its not even the holidays.

nisab
1/22/19

Absolute parasites. I have had many threatening letters from fedex regarding payment I apparently owe I have never used fedex I didn't even know what it was until I got these letters. I already contacted fedex via letters, email and live chat what said this was a scam but no proper answer given and never gave me the information I asked for such as proof of delivery, what the item was, who sent it and copy and total breakdown of this. now fedex is saying I'm not me that it was billed to someone else well I have the letters with my name and address on. And have been threatened to take me to court if I don't pay. I have paid the bill because I'm highly stress and fedex is having an impact on my mental health. I still don't know what I have paid for. Looking into this this is happening to many people. Just totally fobbing everyone off even saying the bill was not invoiced to person contacting them. So who's bill is it then?? Total scum bags to treat people like this. The stress they are causing is disgusting. NEVER USE FEDEX OR ANY COMPANY THAT USES THEM. BEWARE OF THIS TOTAL SCAM.

letitiar2
12/31/18

This has been so frustrating. I now see why FedEx has a one-star rating. I would give it a zero if possible. I tried to sign up for Delivery Manager on the FedEx website. I did this THREE TIMES on the advice of reps. It doesn't recognize my username or password, it won't send an email to reset the password, it doesn't recognize security questions, when it does give the right question, it doesn't recognize the correct answer. I am not an idiot. I write down all of this info. It asks security questions for someone else. I don't know those people, I have never lived at those addresses. When I called customer service over a 3 day period, I had reps blatantly lie to me. They seemed to think this was funny. This was verified by another rep (who said the other guy had lied because he didn't want to help me) and a supervisor (who admitted that nothing I had been told was true). I was told that I did not live at my address (I have lived here since 2010 and FedEx has delivered numerous packages here). I was told that the post office said I didn't live here (the post office keeps no database and has been delivering mail here since 2010). I was told that the post office would have to verify my address and send that to FedEx (the post office says that is a complete lie and they have never done such a thing). I was told to go to the station manager of my local FedEx to fix this (another lie. They can do nothing). An agent told me he couldn't hear me (everyone at FedEx could but him but he blamed me and my phone). He kept asking me to speak louder until I was shouting. He seemed to think this was funny. I asked to speak with Tech Support. They say that they cannot help. They claim that Delivery Manager is run by a third party but will not identify that third party or how to contact them. When on the FedEx website, you are not directed to a third party to use Delivery Manager. This means it is FedEx and it is their responsibility. DELIVERY MANAGER DOESN'T WORK, NO ONE AT FEDEX CAN FIX IT AND NO ONE WILL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR HELP. Delivery Manager kept saying it couldn't identify me but when I asked for a code to be mailed to me, OMG, IT KNEW WHO I WAS. This is the worst customer service that I have ever encountered. This is worse than Amazon and I thought that was impossible.

jassis
12/27/18

I have been waiting for a package from FedEx and today received an email notification that is was delivered. When I looked into, it had been delivered to an address in the US.
I called the FedEx customer service number to find out where my package was and explain that I live in Canada and according to my email it was delivered in the US.
That's when I encountered Jasmin, the rudest customer service rep I have dealt with in my life! She was super rude and snappy because I couldn't understand why my package was in the US. That's when she went on to tell me that I have to figure it out myself because by calling the company that now had my package. She couldn't tell me who that company was, but I needed to contact them. That's when I asked for her name, and of course she claimed she couldn't provide a last name or badge number. So I asked to speak to a manager.
Then I was placed on hold and put through to the escalation department where I spoke to another lady was slightly more pleasant, but still not very friendly.
Eventually after going in circles with her and realizing she wasn't actually a manager, she managed to figure out that my package MIGHT be with customs and the rest is up to me to figure out. She suggested I phone the shipping company and figure it out. I have NEVER heard of anything so ridiculous. Why would I call and figure it out??

Thanks FedEx, totally appreciate your help in not finding my package.

jahlishav
12/26/18

FedEx said they dropped my package off at the front entrance of my door... NO package or a delivery notice. Are they keeping Holiday packages for themselves?

johnh1910
12/25/18

FedEx intentionally held a package that they were INFORMED was a CHRISTMAS GIFT for 2018!

The company promised delivery for anyone ordering before December 21st. I ordered on DECEMBER 17th.

The company shipped on DECEMBER 21st.

The original scheduled date of Delivery was DECEMBER 24th.

FedEx then CHANGES IT TO DECEMBER 26th.

On MONDAY MORNING DECEMBER 24th, CHRISTMAS EVE, THE PACKAGE WAS AT
THE LOCAL DISTRIBUTION OFFICE EARLY IN THE MORNING WAITING TO BE
DELIVERED!

2 HOURS LATER IT SAYS "PACKAGE NOT DUE FOR DELIVERY"!!

IT IS CHRISTMAS DAY AND IT IS RUINED! THIS WAS ORDERED IN TIME, FEDEX
KNOWS THAT PEOPLE ARE WAITING ON CHRISTMAS GIFTS AND THEY DO NOT CARE
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER SHIPPING OR THE PERSON RECEIVING THE GIFT!

FEDEX ARE LIARS: THEY PROMISED TO DELIVER ALL ITEMS SHIPPED BY THE 21st FROM THIS COMPANY ON CHRISTMAS EVE!

THE PACKAGE IS NOW SITTING THERE AT THEIR WAREHOUSE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR 2 DAYS AND I WILL GET IT TOMORROW!

I DO NOT CARE for STUPID RESPONSES THAT SAY "OHHH, FEDEX HAS TO HOLD PACKAGES TO SELL THEIR BETTER SERVICES"

WHAT KIND OF STUPID IDIOT SAYS "LETS HOLD THIS PACKAGE BECAUSE IT CAME TOO FAST"?? FEDEX ARE LIARS!

SEE THE PICTURE FOR PROOF!

rpre
12/10/18

I have a few packages that I for the life of me just can't receive from this postal company. I am seeing the status saying these items are delivered to the POST OFFICE yet when go to pick up item, ITEMS are NOT in the mail box & NEITHER WAS IT GIVEN AT THE DESK!!!!

I NEED MY ITEMS ASAP!!!

I tried calling their phone number and not a $#*! am I getting through! Emailing is another big problem cause I can't get an email address to contact company!!

I messaged them on facebook, however, got a response and I felt like I was actually getting somewhere, BUT when went and picked up item, 2 items was found and 3 are still MISSING!!!!

Tried messaging them yet again on facebook, and I yet to get a response!!

I NEED MY ITEMS AND I NEED THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
I WANT THEM SHIPPED TO ANOTHER ADDRESS, ASAP!!!!!!

kens311
12/8/18

I chose Fedex over ups based on a professional shippers recommendation. MISTAKE. Needed business equipment for weekend. Promised Friday. Waited all day. Called and told "this evening". Never arrived. Saturday, box 1 of 2 arrives and half the shipment doesn't help. Now says "vacation" Monday (driver who has it on truck??). Scheduled Tuesday. I sat home waiting because of a required signature. Customer service is USELESS. Never again. Call UPS. There's a reason UPS trucks outnumber Fedex on the road. Will never use again and will review wherever possible to share my experience. Calling them is like 1-800-I don't care.

christinea124
11/30/18

I will never, never again ship anything important via FedEx. Ever. Their failure to get a priority overnight letter (for which I paid premium money) containing legal documents delivered at all today, let alone by 9:30 am as GUARANTEED, has screwed my family and another one so horribly I will never give that whole company one more dime of my money.

dumejeu
11/16/18

I shipped my Tv through fedex a couple of months ago to Los Angeles, the TV arrived damaged, filled a claim online with FedEx and they still haven't reimbursed me for the damages. They have been giving me a round around, claiming that the documents that I filled were not acceptable and occasionally refusing to speak to me on the phone whenever I called. It's been a terrible experience for me. The shipping cost was 200 dollars plus and I paid more than 1400 for the time. It's been more than two months since they damaged my television and they are still giving me a run around.

ramong38
11/7/18

I bought a phone and speaker from UK, the package came opened and resealed with FedEx tape, phone was lost! Dishonest service, stay away! :(

markd539
10/24/18

I had a package that was supposed to be delivered according to their web site on Monday so I stayed home because it was a product should not be left on my porch all day. Later Monday I checked the web site and it indicated there was a delivery exception and would be delivered Tuesday. I called FedEx and customer service indicated someone would call in the morning and explain. Tuesday no one has called back, so I called customer service again and explained how much they had inconvenienced me, and would like someone to explain the delivery exception. I was again told someone would call me in a couple of hours. It is now well after noon and no phone call. This is not the first time I have had extremely poor delivery service from FedEx there have been at least 2 other occasions where the service was even worse.

richardr473
10/21/18

Can't say that this shipping company is bad, or recommend not to use their services. Yes, one time I had an issue with my package. They messed mine with someone else's but it took just a day to solve this misunderstanding. Usually, they make delivery on scheduled time and you can set the priority hours. I would say that this is pretty much an option if you need shipping service for a reasonable price.

gallonh
10/15/18

Recently sent a package to Brazil through FedEx, got a great deal due to some promotion, the package was delivered in stated time and in the best condition, was a gift to my niece. She loved it. Thank you FedEx

linf10
10/6/18

I had a package which supposed to be delivered on Tuesday 10/2. FedEx emails said the delivery would be between 10am-4pm. It did not come within the window. Later the day, the update posted by FedEx said that the delivery failed because on one at home to sign the document, even though we did not hear anyone knock our door or ring the bell. Ok, FedEx said it would try the next day, between 10am-4pm. Again, no one came within the window. Then the driver came after we went out for dinner. So, the delivery was not successful. On Thursday, again, FedEx did not come within the 10am-4pm window as they said. To ensure that we could get the package, I told the security person of the apartment to pay special attention to FedEx delivery, and we did not use our home phone just in case FedEx might call us, FedEx customer service even promised me that they had given the driver my cell phone so that the driver could call me just in case. I thought we would be able to get the delivery this time for sure. We waited till 8pm. No one came. And, the tracking update changed, saying that the delivery failed because no one at home to sign! It was totally a lie!!! I called customer service. They apologized again, and suggested me to pick up from their delivery site. I agreed even though it was so annoying because I needed my stuff desperately. FedEx promised me the package would be on the site before 7pm Friday. I waited, and waited, but did not get noticing phone call from FedEx. I then called FedEx, and was told that it would take 20-48 hours to deliver to their site from the time I told them I agreed to pick it up. Thus, I would only be able to get it on Saturday. I was very mad, but had no choice. However, on Saturday (today), I kept tracking my package. FedEx web site always said the package was not ready to be picked up, but also said it would be delivered on Saturday to the location. It came to 7:30pm, the information was still the same. I decided to call again. Then, I WAS TOLD THAT IT COULD NOT BE DELIVERED TODAY. IT CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED ON MONDAY. THE REASON I WAS GIVEN WAS THAT SATURDAY WAS NOT BUSINESS DAY! But, it was FedEx's website that said the package would be delivered on Saturday to the designated location. So, either the FedEx website was lying or the representative was lying! FedEx does not know if they work on Saturday or not?! I asked for an explanation, but the representative only repeated that it could be delivered on Monday, and no explanation. It is really a horrible experience with FedEx. Not only they can not deliver the service they promised, but kept fooling consumers. They are lack of any sincerity, lack of professional attitude. The driver they employed was not an honest person. The company does not respect their customers at all. I just have no word for FedEx. I will never use FedEx again.

lukel49
10/6/18

It was a good experience with them good customer service. Thanks FedEx for delivering my item on time

54 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the FedEx staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FedEx