Review of eSURRANTY

sales@esurranty.com

8 reviews with 2 stars

anar105
3/26/18

A wonderful alternative but, be careful and carefully consider your lifestyle if you ever need to make a claim.

Unfortunately, my phone slipped out of my hand, falling and cracking the screen. I called 4 times, left two messages, send an online claim, send a follow-up email to the claim and finally, I heard back from the manager.

I had limited options if I needed my phone. You can mail it in and takes about 3 - 5 days to repair and receive back or you can take to a BestBuy (good luck getting someone to answer the phone) or you can take it to a ubreakifix shop (waiting around 3 hours for the repair).

I live a very busy lifestyle and my phone is my personal and business line. Therefore, to be out 3 to 5 days is not an option. The only option left is to take 5 hours of my day to go fix it, pay for it, submit for reimbursement and then follow up I am sure.

As said earlier, a great option from a cost perspective, just beware of your own personal schedule and if you have the time to take to go through the repair and reimbursement process.

immediated7
8/31/17

I don't like that they don't ever answer the phone so I can talk about my claim. Also cant get them to really reply when I leave a message. Sent in my stuff and cant get any answers. I know it takes time but its been a couple of weeks and I still cant get a response.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
I apologize that you are having issue contacting the claims department. In reviewing your account I see that you filed a claim for loss and theft before your monthly payment policy was active. A claim denial letter was sent to you in regards to the decline.
dannym80
7/21/17

OK I have four phones covered by Esurranty and finally had to make a claim on a iPhone 6S with a cracked screen.Needless to say the claims process is quite cumbersome. After filling out the claims application online you are taken to another page to download claim forms that have to be filled out again along with a copy of your ID and a form for payment and email them with your claim number. After emailing all of this redundant stuff I waited over 48 hours for my representative to email me back. He told me that they could ship me a loaner phone for a $ 99 deposit while my phone was repaired. I emailed back stating I didn't need a loaner. Still no word yet on how to get my phone repaired. I finally took the phone to Apple repair station and had it fix for $129. Esurranty said they would reimburse me. They still deducted $75 after taxes to my credit card. Esurranty advertise that they are fast. Hardly! I will see if they send me my money or not. Needless to say I'm not to satisfied with their services.

debram86
7/12/17

I am frustrated with my experience. I sent my phone back a week ago and have not heard anything regarding the repair, nor is their any update to my claim status on line. In addition to that, I could not restore my phone to the loaner phone because the storage was only 16 GB and my phone is 64 GB. I spent hours trying to get portions of my data to the loaner phone, especially contacts and failed. That is a big problem for me since I am on call 24 x 7. Also, your service does not state that you cannot take it to a repair facility the first time.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
I apologize if there was some delay. Your device was received from the USPS on 07/11/2017 which was yesterday. The account notes show the system updated the status as awaiting repair/replacement which takes 1-3 business days as explained to you. Unfortunately we can not offer higher memory loaner iPhones as past customers have either broken them or not returned them within an acceptable amount of time. Please contact your claims representative directly for the most current claim updates.
jodyd13
5/5/17

Signing up wasn't too bad, but when I made a claim, it has taken forever. I turned in a claim nearly a week ago and haven't had any response back on the information I sent them.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
In reviewing your policy it shows that your claim was made on an inactive policy and denied because of that. Your claim was not assigned to claims representative because there was no coverage. Monthly payment policies do not start for the first 30 days and you filed a claim within 4 days. A removal of your negative review would be warranted here since you had no coverage and chose the monthly payment option which states specifically when coverage starts and you must agree to those terms before it will let you checkout and purchase the coverage.
robertw337
5/3/17

Slow response. Definitely night overnight service. Refund of loaner phone security deposit took nearly two weeks

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
In reviewing the policy notes I found that next day service was not available to your location and the refund of the deposit was because the device was returned locked. Once it was unlocked, your deposit was returned through our system the same day. Bank processing times take 3-10 business days depending on your card issuing bank and you were informed of this by email and telephone.
pauls358
10/16/16

When I signed up I received the basic contract but no Declarations page. When I inquired about this I was told that it would be sent out when my one month anniversary came up. Were at nine days past that now and counting without the page being sent. Is this a scam?

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
We apologize for your inconvenience. In reviewing the account notes I see that the email that we sent to you with your declaration of coverage bounced back to us 5 times. We then sent it to you by USPS regular mail and when you notified us that you did not receive that, we resent it again through email and it bounced back again another 5 times. I see that on the 6th time, it finally went through and you verified that you received it.
randallb36
10/12/16

It's been a month or more & other than a meager email of a delay is all I've gotten from you. What's the status of it? Can it be repaired?.... if so how long will it be? Or am I to get a new phone. Communication has been very bad from you on this & my patience grows shorter daily. RB

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Our policy and claim notes show that after 3 mechanical malfunction claims of the same issue, you were sent a new device.

I am sorry you are having an issue with your claim. You can contact the claims departments general mailbox at claimsdpt@esurranty.com and your concern will be forwarded to the claims department manager. Our claims department does not have a direct number but each claims representative has their own extension. They can choose to give that to customers, but they are not required to as it is the policy of our claims department and underwriting to converse with customers by email as it is more efficient. As I can not look at an open claim I can not give you any information about your claim. I can tell you from the past claims I have seen when there is a delay it is usually that the customer did not send in the proper documentation or there is an issue involving fraud. I am not saying that this is the case with you, but I am telling you what I have seen in the past as we have hundreds of claims per day and our claim completion/payout rate is over 93% which is 20% higher than the industry average.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Is it worst consulting a Lawyer?

By Varun D.

Are you a real person?

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

The policy page for that device is here: https://www.esurranty.com/iphone-7-plus-insurance/ and yes our policy covers loss and theft. In regards to being cost effective, we advise that a 2 year plan is usually more cost effective as the price generally go down for the coverage after the 2nd year.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us.A policy under your name is listed as refunded in our system. in looking at the claim notes it shows that you were informed 03/13/2017 that the credit was returned to us so we resent it to your bank.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us. All you have to do is purchase your new policy from us online and once you cancel your other insurance with Asurion, you would send us your cancellation confirmation from them and we will then credit your account $20.00.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

If you have a yearly prepaid plan, then it is covered under your policy with us. If you chose the monthly payment option, the coverage will not cover it as coverage for monthly payment plans does not start until the 30th day after the policy is initiated.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

As we are not affiliated with Apple as stated on our web site, it is not a surprise that Apple employee's have not heard of us. Also, apple would never want a customer choosing any other coverage than Apple Care+ as it would be in direct competition with them. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions and an agent will be more than happy to help you. We do not pressure sales on customers, we simply give them the fact of our coverage and let them make an informed decision. Posting guidelines prohibit me from listing our number, but a quick search online will bring it up for you. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Yes we offer discounts on multiple devices. The discount depends on the number of devices. We offer family plans as well as corporate and educational plans. Please feel free to contact us through our live chat or email our sales department (sales@esurranty.com) for a specific quote. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Questions? Get answers from the eSURRANTY staff and other customers.

8 Photos for eSURRANTY