Review of eSURRANTY

Tel: 888-672-5619
sales@esurranty.com

leroyr19
11/18/17

Very good service for the price, customer service is very respectful and respond fast. Fees are inexpensive.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
robertr319
11/18/17

Great Coverage. Excellent prices. Easy sign-up. I bought a Samsung Note 8 45 days ago and wanted theft insurance because I will be traveling. No one else offered theft insurance with their plans after 30 days. Glad I found them!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Thank you for being a valued eSURRANTY.com customer.
pjr4
11/15/17

I sent my iphone to have it fixed. They say they couldn't fix it and I could buy another one from them. So I didn't get my phone fixed, and I asked them to return my phone and never got it back, very shady

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Your claim was in December of 2016 and we contacted you over 10 times informing you that your device needed to be replaced as Apple stated the device was too damaged to be repaired and that you had to pay your deductible before we could send you the replacement!
angiel59
11/15/17

Cell phones are so expensive these days, insurance is a must to have. Having the option to replace a broken or stolen phone at a fraction of the cost is great.

johnb996
11/12/17

I am very thankful that I found esurranty over 4 years ago. I have had 3 phones covered with them now and I can't beleive I had 2 claims this year when I didn't have a claim for the first 3 years of being a customer. As always, their customers service is great and when i got my new S8 last month after trading in my S7 that esurranty repaired for me they switched my coverage and thankfully they did because 2 weeks later i dropped this phone which I had no idea was so fragile and the whole front and back shattered. As usual, I logged in and filed a claim and within about 15 minutes I receive an email letting me know I could get it repaired at best buy and send them the receipt so they can pay me back or they can send me a loaner galaxy s7 and they will get it repaired at samsung. I opted for their repair since best buy was telling me it was $390 to repair just the front and another $180 for the back. Anyway, they sent me the loaner phone the next day and 5 days later I had my phone back working like new. I have been a customer for over 4 years now and they have never let me down. Esurranty is the best and I have always had great service.

emilyd15
11/8/17

So far so good, the price was reasonable and it was easy to sign up for insurance for my cell phone. I am very happy that my phone is coverage and the ease of signing up and paying for it. Hopefully I will never need to use the insurance but I say so far so good because I have yet to have a need to use the policy.

alank61
11/8/17

Good price, better than anyone else, great coverage, theft, loss and again, did I say the best deal in town. Ned I say more?

terryj74
11/8/17

They are the only people that would insured my Galaxy 8 note if anything happened to it,considering it cost 1000.00 dollars. thank you what a peace of mine.

brunoc44
11/8/17

The best deal you will find anywhere!
Most of the competitors are more expensive and dont offer nearly as much coverage.

christiw
11/8/17

Great customer service would highly recommend, great pricing quick response. They make sure they do what ever they can to resolve issue.

kirstya9
11/8/17

Great price, especially if you pay annually! Sign up and approval was fast and easy, I would use again and recommend

mattg98
11/8/17

Easy process, good value, I appreciate them having coverage for lost or stolen devices. Good discount as well

bobo47
10/26/17

If you manage to get any sort of communication from these clowns to arrange sending in your phone kiss that puppy good bye. I thought the value was too good to pass up too, don't be stupid people, having a cracked or broken phone is better than no phone.

annettn
10/23/17

I am hoping for great results from this company. Nobody knows how it will be until you need it.
The " new replacement" caught my eye. Hopefully they will honor it, I don't like paying for insurance then getting a refurbished model. That would be a waste...

toms371
10/20/17

We thought this was a great company and a great price for insurance. However, two weeks after charges to my credit card for the replacement phone and deductible, NO action has been taken with eSurranty.

I was told one day to ship loaner phone, return damaged phone to eSurranty and within 3 days our damaged phone would be returned.

I just called my credit card company to dispute the charges.

DO NOT BUY THIS INSURANCE!

Tom S.

francinew4
10/11/17

I thought I'd update and write a fresh review because I was unable to contact anyone from Esurranty for several months, despite numerous emails and calls. It wasn't until I left this bad review that finally they responded - how surprising!

I'll be fully transparent here now that I understand how esurranty conducts their business. I bought two policies this time last year. One phone broke so we received a new one. Sean Henson was the claims reps that handled the claim. It took awhile and I would email Sean and he wouldnt respond but eventually he would respond. We received the phone and it was defective. Here is where I did not follow their instructions - their instructions say to contact the general claims email box within 24 hours.

First, it's sometimes impossible to know the phone is defective within 24 hours. For example, our situation was that it wasnt getting consistent LTE service among other thing and those things are difficult to diagnose right away.

Secondly, I emailed Sean Henson directly because he had been handling my claim. He flat out ignored me for several months. I've been trying to reach him since July - it is October. esurranty said I did not follow their instructions by opening a new claim. This is true. but I did contact the SAME person I was dealing with. I also called their phone numbers and left messages. I called their claims number and sales number figuring someone would at least answer the sales line. Both line say they will return my calls and neither did.

Then my next phone broke. By this time, I was pretty worried esurranty was a scam. On Sept 10, they posted on facebook that all claims would be held up due to Hurricane Irma. Understandable. I held off on contacting them for a week because I figured they were rebuilding. After that, I resumed calling. No answer. I finally decided to just submit my claim because I wasn't sure what was going on - and now my policies have expired. It's frustrating because these are 1-year policies and if esurranty has a policy of never responding to their customers, all policies will expire before they get a new phone.

In response to my comment about facebook, they said that all updates are made on the website and all customers should follow the website. If that's the case, why did they even post a facebook post? If it's not meant to be a formal method of communication, why use it? hat's extremely misleading.

In summary, I made a mistake by not following procedure 100%. However, I think it's really unacceptable that esurranty representatives do not answer you, they do not answer the phone (despite asking you to call by giving you the number on their website) and they ONLY respond if you leave a negative review.

Additionally, several reviews have mentioned if you challenge the credit card charge, they bill you for the price of the phone and sent it to collections. So just beware. All companies can be difficult to work with - I'm well aware but esurranty rises to a level thats just unbelievable. SquareTrade isn't great either but I'll be starting a new policy with them today.

Here's an example of a nice response I received from them:
Food for thought:
If you put this much effort in your claim, we would not be having this little tisk. Perhaps you should get your priorities in order and focus on things that can help you instead of attempting to demonize a company that did their job when required to. Your negative reviews will be pushed to the 2 and 3 page within a month from positive reviews from customers that actually followed the very easy instructions and your complaints will be closed because we follow the letter of the LAW and track everything. All emails from (the horrible) Sean Henson to you are archived, all emails to us are archived, all claims submitted are archived and all of your attempts at extortion are now going into that archive as well so that when we have to answer to anything you concoct, we are covered. Again, I know this may be a stretch for you but perhaps someday you will just take responsibility for the fact that you did not do what you were required to do to get the service that was offered to you and given to you in the past. Again, Have a GREAT day!

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Updates are done on our site in the admin section so that all customers that log into their account can see them. Unfortunately you have to follow instructions for claims to be processed. This is another attempt by this person to defame us by leaving negative reviews on different sites because she didn't follow instructions to submit a claim while her policy was effective and waited months after receiving a new device from us to have an "issue" with it. Now she wants us to replace a device on an expired policy!
amira86
10/10/17

This is a company you cannot trust. What ever you do, do not signup with company. Here is my horror story: Initial contact was made early August and was good with their employee *, and then it went downhill. I got the warranty and as my luck had it, I broke the screen on the phone. Sent it to them for repairs. Didn't hear anything back. Sent them an email and was told that it would take 10 business days for Samsung to repair the phone. 10 Business Days later, after not getting any update, I contacted them and was told my phone was locked to Samsung and Google and they couldn't replace the screen. Wait, since when does a phone need to be unlocked to replace a screen?

Especially since it's factory reset per their instructions. I sent a heated email and he didn't respond. Finally responded with a rude email telling me that if i was rude in my email again then he would not respond. Great customer service? NO! He then stated that my order to repair the device would be canceled and phone sent back. Now it's been over 2 months and the company still has not sent the phone back, has not responded to any emails and has basically stolen a $1,200 phone.

Update 10/12 - CEO contacted me and has sent my phone back. Very nice person on the phone. Being persistent pays off. After 3 months, I will finally get my phone back. I don't think it will be repaired but at least I get my phone back.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY! GO WITH Squaretrade or some other respectable company.

patd67
10/10/17

Great coverage at a great price. Super easy transaction. A+ all around. Highly recommended. Win win.

violets16
10/2/17

Really easy to navigate website. I bought insurance for an Iphone and we got rid of it and replaced it with a newer Iphone and essuranty replaced my insurance to my new phone without charging me.

albertp40
10/2/17

Honestly their concept is genius !! Cant wait to not break my phone and get it fixed lol. i have to go with a prepaid account and buy an iphone for over 700$ this was the way to go !

charlesj73
10/2/17

I really like your prices my phone provider wants to much money. Also your Customer service is much better.

julier117
10/2/17

It was so easy to do online.. 3 phones with 3 excellent plans.. very satisified with the whole experience.

jessee27
10/1/17

On April 12th, 2017 I purchased 2 policies for my wife and I. These policies were for the Google Pixel XL smartphone and an additional Motorola Droid 2 Android smartphone. The total was $140.93 via debit card. Flash forward to July 4th, my wife accidentally went into the lake with her phone in her pocket.The following Monday I filled out the insurance claim and before I got the label to ship the phone to them to be repaired they made me pay an additional $189 to replace the phone if it was not repairable. I was told if it was repairable they would refund the difference from $189 to $59. (approx $130) I made the $189 payment via debit card and then they sent me a label by email to mail the phone, which I did around July 7-10th 2017. After the company had my wife's phone for more than 3 weeks I got frustrated and unsatisfied with their service, I asked for the phone to be returned and for a full refund. I eventually got the phone back unrepaired however there was not a refund. I asked to cancel my policy and it too was denied (they won't let me cancel my policy).This is all well documented through email with the representative (Sean Henson). After multiple attempts I could not get anyone to answer their phone. Thinking I had been ripped off, I decided to dispute the charge with my bank. However after Sean Henson let me know to read my contract I saw that they would send me to collections if I disputed the charge, so I called the bank and told them I no longer wished to dispute it. Still to this day they have me labeled as disputing the charge even though I ultimately decided not to dispute the charge with my bank. I do have proof that I declined to dispute the charge with my bank.The last contact I have had with them was August 15th 2017.

I have been left without my $338 to this day.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THESE GUYS!!!!

kurtp21
9/30/17

I was looking for a reputable company to get an extended warranty for my new OnePlus 5 cell phone. They didnt have a policy for one because it isnt a popular phone and it is a new model. They worked with me to generate a very affordable policy that gives great coverage. Though I've not had to use the policy, I highly recommend the company on their customer service and willingness to meet the needs of a new customer!

timj91
9/30/17

Great insurance buy! I recently switched my phone to a business account and my company does not pay for insurance coverage so my friend recommended me to eSURRANTY.com and it was perfect! Easy online purchase, great coverage, and cheap rates. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

I am sorry you are having an issue with your claim. You can contact the claims departments general mailbox at claimsdpt@esurranty.com and your concern will be forwarded to the claims department manager. Our claims department does not have a direct number but each claims representative has their own extension. They can choose to give that to customers, but they are not required to as it is the policy of our claims department and underwriting to converse with customers by email as it is more efficient. As I can not look at an open claim I can not give you any information about your claim. I can tell you from the past claims I have seen when there is a delay it is usually that the customer did not send in the proper documentation or there is an issue involving fraud. I am not saying that this is the case with you, but I am telling you what I have seen in the past as we have hundreds of claims per day and our claim completion/payout rate is over 93% which is 20% higher than the industry average.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Is it worst consulting a Lawyer?

By Varun D.

Are you a real person?

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

The policy page for that device is here: https://www.esurranty.com/iphone-7-plus-insurance/ and yes our policy covers loss and theft. In regards to being cost effective, we advise that a 2 year plan is usually more cost effective as the price generally go down for the coverage after the 2nd year.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us.A policy under your name is listed as refunded in our system. in looking at the claim notes it shows that you were informed 03/13/2017 that the credit was returned to us so we resent it to your bank.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us. All you have to do is purchase your new policy from us online and once you cancel your other insurance with Asurion, you would send us your cancellation confirmation from them and we will then credit your account $20.00.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

If you have a yearly prepaid plan, then it is covered under your policy with us. If you chose the monthly payment option, the coverage will not cover it as coverage for monthly payment plans does not start until the 30th day after the policy is initiated.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

As we are not affiliated with Apple as stated on our web site, it is not a surprise that Apple employee's have not heard of us. Also, apple would never want a customer choosing any other coverage than Apple Care+ as it would be in direct competition with them. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions and an agent will be more than happy to help you. We do not pressure sales on customers, we simply give them the fact of our coverage and let them make an informed decision. Posting guidelines prohibit me from listing our number, but a quick search online will bring it up for you. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Yes we offer discounts on multiple devices. The discount depends on the number of devices. We offer family plans as well as corporate and educational plans. Please feel free to contact us through our live chat or email our sales department (sales@esurranty.com) for a specific quote. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Questions? Get answers from the eSURRANTY staff and other customers.

8 Photos for eSURRANTY