Review of Epoch.com

Tel: 1-(800)-893-8871
Billing@epoch.com

jamest261
1/3/18

Just like many of the other poor victims. Signed up for a service. Cancelled said service. Epoch never cancelled it and continued to bill for months. Forced to escalate issue with my bank. Never again

bobd162
12/20/17

Epoch is not PCI compliant. This means your credit cards will be compromised. They don't even accept VISA or AMEX cards in most sites...use at your own risk!!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is 100% PCI compliant and was one of the first companies to reach full compliance. Epoch is listed here: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/get_involved/participating_organizations

Additionally, Epoch accepts 39 different payment types, including Visa and Amex.
olan25
10/23/17

Do not trust these guys at all, Charged me for over a year for some bull$#*! service i've never ordered, Refused to do anything to help me get my money back, Just told me to start an international lawsuit and see where that gets me. DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is a payment processor. We manage subscriptions. If you had a bad experience with a merchant that we process for, please write to us directly with the details. You can reach us directly from epoch.com.
toml147
7/31/17

I had about $1200.00 CA deducted from my credit card before I noticed the discrepancy, over about 11 months. Its was small amounts, a $40-$60 hit several times per month. When I got wise in May this year I was able to get about $372.00 back from my bank but getting back the rest won't be easy. The phone number for the website that scammed me was 877-731-6065 which turns out to be Epoch. My money is gone but I'm telling the world to WATCH OUT FOR HACKERS from web sites .

claytonr10
7/9/17

Heavy delays. I bought something for $4.99 on 4/09/17. I didn't get it until 4/30/17... 3 weeks later. It was a downloadable product. I only got it because I hounded them on the status of my order. It was supposed to be immediate download delivery via email. Yeah I highly advise against it.

halvhdd
7/2/17

I think it's about time for a " Class Action Lawsuit " , where to file it ? I'd suppose New York. .. AGAIN , it's time for a " CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.. This would only accept minimum 100 characters so I repeated myself... This would not allow no stars so I chose 1 star rating

krisn22
4/7/17

I did not cancel my trial subscription to brazzers in time, and they still refunded me with no real further questions - massively happy about their service :)

lb88
2/28/17

They say that my account was block for suspected fraud and there is no way to unblock me. I paid with my real name, real email, real ip address. There was no reason whatsoever to think that I was committing fraud. Customer support is useless.

daenonj
2/10/17

Payment was fine. They will claim that according to terms and conditions that they can't offer a refund. Just throw a little weight around. Here is an example of the refund process them:
"sorry but according to the orders terms and conditions we can't issue a refund"
Me:
"I would really rather not escelate this with PayPal. Either way I'm getting my money back,*
Them:
"The order has been refunded and subscription cancelled. Have a wonderful day."
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

jayd266
2/3/17

I subscribe to sophieroseofficial.co.uk for one month and the billing came from epoch.com. I was able to turn off auto renewal and problem solved. I didn't have any trouble with it.

edj24
12/22/16

epoch.com is a crooked, thieving Co. I bought something for a one time fee of $59 and they billed me for $59 per month. I did not catch it for 3 months when my credit card was billed $177 and they would not refund one cent. They deceive you for something you did not order. They are total rip off artists

alanl64
12/18/16

I wish had read this review page before. I did not cancel a subscription soon enough, so they had "pending" on my PayPal before I realized epoch was not going to cancel as I had wanted. I had to cancel at source since epoch would keep delaying until next pay period had been billed to me.
I'm glad I used PayPal, so I was able can cancel auto pay!

joeys40
10/2/16

epoch is a rip off i made a perchase with mia kalifia site that is affiliated with eposh showed them i had proof of my prechase and still got ripped off of my refund

ajd13
9/20/16

They charged my card twice and i didnt get what i payed for not even a receipt and the worst part is that ive send emails and try to contact them but they wont even bother to answer, i won't even buy a cure for cancer if it was on epouch

davem158
5/10/16

Their rep said there was "nothing he could do" when I asked for a refund for a site that I had not signed up for. He said there was a checkbox that was on by default, and if I did not uncheck it, I was on the hook. I told him to send me the transcript so I could report them as a fraudulent company to my credit card company and the attorney general of my state. That changed his tune real fast, and I got my money back. Stay away from any service that uses this company.

md151
3/22/16

It seems impossible to cancel a membership once they've got your credit card number. I've tried repeatedly to cancel my membership but keep getting an error message: "Ooops something went wrong." The site I joined has 90% broken links. Its a scam within a scam.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
If there is a site that has broken links that we process for, please send us a link to the site at info@epoch.com. Otherwise, you should have no problem cancelling any billing item from our website https://epoch.com.
peterp96
3/21/16

Sometimes the billing is accurate. Other times it's not. Watch out for the little checkbox that is auto-checked when you sign up.

Also when you contact them they'll always say "We're just the biller." We cant do anything. Then they refund if you stick to your guns.

They really need to be above board but know some guys are too embarrassed to make a fuss. Not me. I'm not ashamed to call my credit card company and stop payment. You should too and you'll not be scammed

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch works with thousands of websites and has done so for 20 years. We are accredited with the BBB, established with the card associations, and fully pass all PCI compliance standards each year. I'm sorry to hear you had a less than perfect experience.
stephaniei5
2/11/16

Tried to sign-up for a trial, ended up getting charged for a full month. Tried to get a refund for it, couldn't get one due to the inept, awful and idiotic customer service. I'm so furious and angry with these people. Don't ever use them.

jrh4
1/8/16

Website never let you meet anybody exchange information personal information it only comes back with buying more tokens so that you can talk to their website. But whoever's typing keep saying that they want to meet you and get to know you and do things together but when you actually try to do it it will not allow you to

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
This review isn't relative to Epoch.com.
johne93
12/12/15

Don't touch epoch keep well away from them

peteb25
11/4/14

I used a prepaid card which will only allow you spend what is on the card. I made two payments - the first worked fine. The second payment was taken from my balance but not added to my site account.

I spoke to Epoch's online support and the agent was able to see that the payment had been removed from my card but not passed to my account. They advised that it may be pending on their system and if so would be added to my account. If not, it would be reimbursed to my card but due to a system delay it may take up to 24 hours to go through. I waited the 24 hours but my account was not credited nor was my card reimbursed. I spoke to their online support again and the agent I spoke to certainly did not have English as their first language (or even their third language!) - I could not understand a lot of what was being said to me as it was - basically - gibberish.

Looking at my card details online with my provider I saw that they had later tried drawing funds from my card three further times that day but been declined due to lack of funds (I never keep large amounts on it in case something just like this might happen).

It's now five days later and still no joy. I have tried logging on to their support again this evening but it just keeps crashing. I know it's not my machine as every other site loads fine. I guess at this stage from reading reviews here I will count myself lucky that it was only 25 I lost and not the hundreds some people speak of here. My card is due for replacement in a few weeks anyway so I'll just put it down to experience and run from any sites in the future that use them for payment.

UPDATE:

I finally managed to get through to their online support again. I explained the situation again to the agent and was told that there was no record of any transaction on my card for the date in question. I told him that I was looking at the record of transactions on my card provider's site and then suddenly he was able to see them after all. He said my payment was declined due to lack of funds even though it showed the money being taken out. He then told me that it was a hold of funds and would be reimbursed by my card provider. I said I had been told that Epoch would reimburse my card - he then gave a phone number to call and tried to end the talk.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and had to explain everything again. He tried telling me the same as the agent had told me. When I said I could see the processing of payments he asked me to send him proof so I copied and pasted the payments records to him. After a few minutes away he returned and said he had found the payments but that I would have to get my bank to sort it out and it may take 15 days. Basically, he just wanted to wash his hands of it. I advised that as I use a prepay card, calling my bank would not be any use. I said that as Epoch had deducted the payment (as their records now proved after all) it should be up to them to deal with the issue. He just repeated the 15 day line again and struck me as just wanting me to go away.

I said that I found it a bit incredible to be getting this trouble when the first agent I spoke to on the day advised me that they could see the second payment had not been processed due to a temporary fault with Epoch's system. After quite a long absence he returned and asked me if I had a log of the calls sent to me by previous agents I had dealt with. I said nobody had ever offered it to me. After a long talk it transpired that call logs are not available to agents when you call so you have to restate everything - only supervisors and management have access to this.

Honestly, I have seen corkscrews that are straighter than the answers you get from Epoch! Never, never again!!!

frederickb39
10/16/14

I find it hard to believe this company is still in existence they are a disgrace to the financial industry. Only way to stop them ,is to get rid of the credit card you paid with. Then they cant keep billing you. I had real problems, I cancelled my billing with a certain dating site, but epoch billed me 2 months after, they are a scam site no doubt. Dont think of calling them, you cant get through and as for trying to cancel on the epoch site, its a joke. Says fill in 2 fields, yea right, I tried it 10 times, comes up no record, if they have no record, how come they keep billing people, they think we are all stupid, need slinging in jail.

randp
2/24/14

You can learn more about Epoch.com and find contact information for them here:

They have customer support agents available 24/7/365.

Epoch does not own the sites they bill for. They are an independent billing company for entertainment sites on the Internet. They are very easy to get in touch with and a very professional company.

bryanh48
1/23/14

Complete scam. I signed up for a $20 subscription and they charged me 34.87. I cancelled the membership right away and thought it was done with. I just noticed they had continued to charge my CC every month despite me cancelling. I had to call two times to get it cancelled and they refused to refund the money. I called my bank and all charges were removed.

charless62
1/22/14

They are not only fraudulent in their business practice and many of their dating sites have been well documented to have fake postings and advertise on Craigslist of all things to join now for a good time. Seriously? Craiglist where you can talk for free with complete confidentiality. They have numerous reports of selling billing information to 3rd parties as well.

I am going to look it up but can anyone tell me very good sites to report illegal activity where action might be taken?

Epoch issues a credit immediately, however, it may take up to 5 business days for the credit to appear on your statement.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

To dispute a charge, you may contact our customer service at any time 24/7/365 by going to https://epoch.com. You may call us, chat online, Skype, request a call-back, or send us an email. The choice is yours!

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

If a merchant places an authorization on your credit card and you do not spend that amount with the merchant, the authorization will NOT become a charge and funds will be available to you again after 3 days.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

Thanks for reaching out. I personally don't have access to the details of your transaction, however, you can Skype, Chat, Call, or Message us from here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact Our 24/7 customer service reps can help you with this.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

You can Skype, Chat, Call, or Message us from here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact Our 24/7 customer service reps can help you with this.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

There is no online directory of merchants for which we process. However, each purchase is confirmed with a receipt to the email address you provided. I would suggest using the Search function of your email provider for the term "Epoch" to find the receipt for your purchase. Hope this helps!

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

Suscription memberships can be canceled online at any time. Simply go to https://epoch.com and enter your credentials. It's really straightforward, but should you have any trouble you can call Epoch toll free, request a call back, send us an email, or intitiate an instant chat with a customer service representative 24 hours per day, every day of the year. You can feel 100% safe using Epoch to process your orders. - Happy surfing!

Helpful answer -1

Epoch is one of the most experienced credit care processors on the Internet, using SSL technologies among other safety protocols. Epoch is an approved payment service provider recognized worldwide by the payment associations. Transactions facilitated by Epoch are completely safe.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Epoch.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Epoch.com