Review of Epoch.com

Tel: 1-(800)-893-8871
Billing@epoch.com

jasone144
2/11/19

was charged $1 initally then charged $60 a month for I dont know what for the last 3 months. This service should be banned.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Hi Jason, I think most likely you signed up for a trial to a website that converts to a subscription if not canceled. The full terms of every purchase are always included on the top of the page where you enter your card number, AND, on the email receipt that we send to your email address.

Two recommendations:

1) Enter "Epoch" in the search field of your email account to find the receipt for your purchase.

-or-

2) Visit our website and enter your credentials to search for the purchase, or, contact customer service via chat, phone, or email. Here's the link: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact. Customer Service is available 24/7/365.

If you cannot find the purchase, your card number may have been compromised and you should consider canceling your card. Hopefully, your card has not been compromised and you can find your purchase.
williamp719
2/11/19

Well it seems the right person at Epoch saw my negative post here about the company. After time and effort my situation was rectified satisfactorily. It seems, although unbeknownst to me, I was at fault for using different cc on different laptops...(I have 2). My advise in the future for a similar situation as mine is to be consistant in your credentials. Try to use the same cc on the same computer with the same email addy. I tried it last night and so far so good. The fraud protections they have in place are extensive. Although cumbersome at times it is a good thing.

Thank you Rand.

I was forced to use Epoch at an online chat room site and after using same cc 3 times the fourth time the charge was refunded to credit card and my account there blocked. I called epoch and they said "Something" in their system triggered a fraud alert. After using card several times all of a sudden a fraud alert is triggered? The rep said he could not tell me what triggered the alert. The epoch system is basically accusing me of fraud. There is no problem with my account at the chat site and my cc company says there is no problem on their end. i've tried using other credit cards at chat site but they are all declined. So i can't even use chat site anymore unless i wire money to them.........NOT.

I asked the epoch rep if i could talk to someone higher up to explain and clear up this fraud alert, he said "cant do it" and hung up!! The only thing i haven't tried on chat site is debit bank card............NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Thanks for the follow-up William. Our job as a payment facilitator is to protect consumers from fraudulent use of their cards and also to protect merchants from compromised card use. It is not a perfect system, but we continually work to improve it for the safety of both consumers and merchants. -- I'm glad this case was resolved to your satisfaction. -- Rand
dieepochc
1/22/19

I have never even heared of this company. How the hell and why did I get charged 10$ for nothing ?? Somebody has to sue this $#*!!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Two recommendations:

nikolan9
12/29/18

Today I was charged from epoch for something that I cancel before almost 1 month. From where on earth this idiotic payment bulgsit with low defencive system comes up?

Tip for consumers: Do not use it they are scamers

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Without more information, I cannot comment on the specifics of your transaction(s). However, I suspect you have more than one subscription service. You can easily investigate this yourself at https://epoch.com. Alternatively, you can call us, requests that we call you, instant-chat online, Skype, or send an email to Epoch Support. You might also try using the "Search" field in your email account for the term "Epoch" and you will find purchase receipts for anything you've subscribed to via our services.

All of this information is available at epoch.com, the first place anyone should go with any questions regarding a charge, subscription or membership billed by Epoch.
abdulk46
12/10/18

I have registered for 3 days trial pack but after that within 30 minutes they automatically renewed my subscription and I Am trying to contact the support center but no one is responding. I need my amount to be refund back pp

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
I reached out to Abdul but he did not respond.

Apparently he contacted support for the site he was a member of, and not Epoch support. As, Epoch support is available 24/7/365 by phone, Skype, Chat, and email. You can even request a call back to you from our site for your convenience. All of this is available from Epoch.com, as clearly stated on every email receipt for purchases processed by us.

PHONE TOLL FREE: +1 800 893 8871
PHONE WORLDWIDE: +1 310 664 5810
EMAIL:BILLING@EPOCH.COM
rutgerj
12/6/18

After writing several email about canceling my subscription without any response I finally had to cancel my credit card. This site is pure fake!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Rutger, can you please message me the site you are referring to? If a merchant for whom we process for is non-responsive, or, is not offering support links and info to Epoch support, we'd like to be aware of it as it against our policy. Additionally, if you would like to provide your information we may be able to help with your charges.
stefanm66
11/28/18

I have just recieved a billing of TWO instances. Dont know what the hell it is.
This company billed my PayPal account and its just plain fraud.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is a payment processor for thousands of online merchants. If you are unsure what a charge is for, we make it extremely easy for anyone to review their purchase history and manage online subscriptions from our website. You can review purchases at any time by visiting: https://epoch.com. You can also search your email for the term "epoch" as we send out a receipt with details of each initial purchase. If you still have questions about your purchases after reviewing your account, you can contact our customer support staff anytime. All calls are answered typically within one minute. We're here to help.
stevet62
10/9/18

If You sign up with these CROOKS for $1.00, shown below as "Risk Free". You'll end with a subscription.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
If the terms of the merchant you purchased from were unclear, please contact us directly so we can address any issues. However, when you arrive on the Epoch payment form, whatever offer you've selected from the merchant will be clearly stated. Epoch goes to great lengths to ensure that any terms and conditions of any sale that we process for are clearly disclosed so that customers make informed purchases. Additionally, you receive a receipt via email explaining your purchase that includes information for always-available customer support. If you would like to speak to someone regarding your purchase, you have several options available here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact
ainew1
10/6/18

Multiple fraudulent cc charges from this service over the past month. Epoch.com should be marked as fraudulent site.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is a payment service provider for thousands of websites. It is quite likely that you made a purchase from one of these sites not realizing that the descriptor on your credit card statement would show as Epoch. If, however, you are absolutely certain that you did not make a purchase from a site processed by Epoch, the second most likely scenario is that your credit card has been compromised. You can contact Epoch to find out what site the charge applies to. If at that point you do not recall the purchase by you or someone in your household, you should contact your bank immediately to cancel your card and get a new one issued. Depending on your state and the severity of the charges, credit card fraud may be a felony. www.epoch.com
charlies109
8/28/18

I signed up for a $1 trial subscription for a website and ended up being charged for almost $60 fraudulently. I reached out to customer help which were massively unhelpful, online chat wouldn't work, phone number did not exist and my request for help via email was met with multiple "please call us" mails (even though the problem was I couldn't do it). Rated one star because I cant rate 0.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
This doesn't appear to be our Customer Service at all. You can reach an Epoch rep 24/7/365 within seconds. For anyone looking for Epoch support, there are multiple ways to contact us. See this: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact

And about your bill, we do not bill "fraudulently" but it is possible you made a purchase you don't recall. You can search the email you used during your purchase to search for the term "Epoch" and you should have received a purchase receipt for any items you purchased via our services. Feel free to reach out to an Epoch representative for any clarification.
anthonyr248
8/1/18

I had contacted this company twice to end a subscription that I don't believe I had ever agreed to. Was still charged for it, though their website showed the activity as a one time purchase for $0. I have reported them to the Attorney General of NY.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
We make it extremely easy for anyone to review their purchase history and manage their online subscriptions from our website. You can cancel any subscription at any time by visiting: https://epoch.com. You can also search your email for the term "epoch" as we send out a receipt with details of each initial purchase. If you still have questions about your purchases after reviewing your account, you can contact our customer support staff anytime.
nikitag12
7/22/18

I have used epoch services for several years. I have purchased three monthly subscriptions at the same day. Two month later one of the subscriptions refunded back the money. I have tried to purchase another subscription, but was informed that the system has blacklisted me for some reason. I have tried to contact support, to find out the reason, I was ready to provide all the details, including bank transactions to prove that I have been charged and my card and details provided were legit, but the online support said that they cannot do anything about it. And it is really stupid, cause once You enter email and card details on their website, You can see the history of purchases. The online support has offered me to use another billing company, I have contacted the webmaster- he said epoch is the only billing company they use, meaning I will not be able to purchase any subscription ever from that website. Awfull experience, no support is really provided. There was no reason explained, why I was blacklisted.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
I've reached out to Nikita for more details.
keithe24
7/8/18

I used the online chat to end fraudulent monthly "subscriptions". After giving only name, address and last 4 of CC, the online chat rep was helpful, offered to block future use of my CC by ANY merchant they service and offered to refund the last two transactions. I had to specifically ask for it, but the rep also gave me the merchant names and subscription emails associated with my CC. I'll wait to see if all the promises come true so I don't have to replace my CC. But, the online chat took only about 10 minutes and seemed legitimate without me divulging all my personal info.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience. We take customer service very seriously because we represent not only our own processing services but also the merchants who use us. While we work hard to fight against fraudulent transactions, our customer service team will work with anyone whose card data has been compromised and used with a merchant for whom we process transactions.
alamb2
6/29/18

I don't even remember if I have any transactions through this company in the past. But there were transactions with the name epoch today which I clearly know that I did not do. The company should be responsible for this. Anyways I quoted them as fraud transactions with my credit card company.

Epoch - You guys need to do a better job.

gracet65
6/20/18

My information was easily hacked and used on two other websites that I had never visited. When I talked to a billing employee over their "chat" system, they were rude and unhelpful. When they finally told me what websites my card had been used on and allowed me to file for fraud, they ended the conversation, even though I was not done. They did refund one of the three fraudulent charges, but they also charged a service fee of $30 (which was more than the fraudulent charge in the first place). not to mention, they charged me for an extra two months for a recurring payment that I cancelled and received a confirmation email for... No credible business should trust this website as an online payment company. Everyone should drop epoch. If that is the payment website DO NOT put in your credit card info.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
I've reached out to this post's author for clarification. The experience noted here is not in line with our policies and with cooperation we can investigate this further.
dagreeng
5/26/18

You subscribe for Camster to get 20 credits! Then 1 month after you get a mail from paypal that says you have authorized a transaction to epoch. (in my case 21)
I was able to change the setting on PayPal to remove that unwilled authorisation that allow them to heist my account. I assume I won't be able to claim that money back :(

Camster & Epoch are Frauds!!!

angryu4
4/2/18

I subscribed to one page and was billed for another as well. Apparently they strategically place tick boxes on their payment screens to force you to subscribe to services you are not interested in. Refund not possible.
If possible stay far away from this company.

Tip for consumers: Stay away.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
You are confusing the processor with the merchant. Epoch is a billing service. They don't sell any products online. A merchant may offer bonus sites but if processed by Epoch, they can always be declined.
chrisk202
2/3/18

TERRIBLE experience.
Do not trust EPOCH.
I was charged more than once, and also cancelled a charge, but still had money taken out of my account. Customer service reps are pretty rude as well. Learn from my mistakes. I am very upset.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
If you had a bad experience, we would very much like to get all details. From what you've posted here, my guess would be that you had more than one subscription. We cancel all memberships immediately upon request resulting in no further billing for that subscription.
jamest261
1/3/18

Just like many of the other poor victims. Signed up for a service. Cancelled said service. Epoch never cancelled it and continued to bill for months. Forced to escalate issue with my bank. Never again

bobd162
12/20/17

Epoch is not PCI compliant. This means your credit cards will be compromised. They don't even accept VISA or AMEX cards in most sites...use at your own risk!!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is 100% PCI compliant and was one of the first companies to reach full compliance. Epoch is listed here: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/get_involved/participating_organizations

Additionally, Epoch accepts 39 different payment types, including Visa and Amex.
olan25
10/23/17

Do not trust these guys at all, Charged me for over a year for some bull$#*! service i've never ordered, Refused to do anything to help me get my money back, Just told me to start an international lawsuit and see where that gets me. DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is a payment processor. We manage subscriptions. If you had a bad experience with a merchant that we process for, please write to us directly with the details. You can reach us directly from epoch.com.
toml147
7/31/17

I had about $1200.00 CA deducted from my credit card before I noticed the discrepancy, over about 11 months. Its was small amounts, a $40-$60 hit several times per month. When I got wise in May this year I was able to get about $372.00 back from my bank but getting back the rest won't be easy. The phone number for the website that scammed me was 877-731-6065 which turns out to be Epoch. My money is gone but I'm telling the world to WATCH OUT FOR HACKERS from web sites .

claytonr10
7/9/17

Heavy delays. I bought something for $4.99 on 4/09/17. I didn't get it until 4/30/17... 3 weeks later. It was a downloadable product. I only got it because I hounded them on the status of my order. It was supposed to be immediate download delivery via email. Yeah I highly advise against it.

halvhdd
7/2/17

I think it's about time for a " Class Action Lawsuit " , where to file it ? I'd suppose New York. .. AGAIN , it's time for a " CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.. This would only accept minimum 100 characters so I repeated myself... This would not allow no stars so I chose 1 star rating

krisn22
4/7/17

I did not cancel my trial subscription to brazzers in time, and they still refunded me with no real further questions - massively happy about their service :)

Epoch issues a credit immediately, however, it may take up to 5 business days for the credit to appear on your statement.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

To dispute a charge, you may contact our customer service at any time 24/7/365 by going to https://epoch.com. You may call us, chat online, Skype, request a call-back, or send us an email. The choice is yours!

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

If a merchant places an authorization on your credit card and you do not spend that amount with the merchant, the authorization will NOT become a charge and funds will be available to you again after 3 days.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

Thanks for reaching out. I personally don't have access to the details of your transaction, however, you can Skype, Chat, Call, or Message us from here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact Our 24/7 customer service reps can help you with this.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

You can Skype, Chat, Call, or Message us from here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact Our 24/7 customer service reps can help you with this.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

There is no online directory of merchants for which we process. However, each purchase is confirmed with a receipt to the email address you provided. I would suggest using the Search function of your email provider for the term "Epoch" to find the receipt for your purchase. Hope this helps!

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

Suscription memberships can be canceled online at any time. Simply go to https://epoch.com and enter your credentials. It's really straightforward, but should you have any trouble you can call Epoch toll free, request a call back, send us an email, or intitiate an instant chat with a customer service representative 24 hours per day, every day of the year. You can feel 100% safe using Epoch to process your orders. - Happy surfing!

Helpful answer -1

Epoch is one of the most experienced credit care processors on the Internet, using SSL technologies among other safety protocols. Epoch is an approved payment service provider recognized worldwide by the payment associations. Transactions facilitated by Epoch are completely safe.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Epoch.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Epoch.com