Review of Epoch.com

Tel: 1-(800)-893-8871
Billing@epoch.com

hjhgjg
7/11/19

As you can see every body is upset i registerd for a trial on an adult website for 1 usd and they charged me for 139.93 usd for a memberships i've never registred to.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch could not remain in business since 1996 if they employed the kind of business practices you mention here.

Search the email address you used to make your purchase for a receipt from "Epoch" which would show you your purchase information and provide a link to our customer service. If you believe you were charged incorrectly, you can research your purchase history and/or contact our 24/7/365 Customer Service from https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact

I hope you find this information helpful.
yassinet3
6/28/19

They got me 119$ for a payment supposed to be 1$
This 119$ was no where before I accept the payment and only surprised by it after receiving paypal email.

To get the the higher amount of money from you, they transferred the trial memberships to the annual one, not even the monthly memberships.

I contacted them and they say: bah! you didn't read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS :)

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
There are multiple ways that purchase amounts are displayed to each customer. First, every site we process for is required to have clearly stated terms of purchase, and by "clearly stated" we mean in print size relative to any offer, in strong contrasting colors, and at the point of sale where you progress to a payment page. Second, the payment for where payment credentials are entered is controlled by the payment processor, Epoch, and each payment form fully discloses at the top of the page what you are purchasing, for how much, and if that sale has subscription terms. Third, once you make a purchase, you are sent an email receipt for your purchase that restates what you purchased and how to view your purchases. You can always see your account details in order to manage or cancel subscriptions or reach customer support. If you would like to post the page where you made your purchase, we can verify all of this with you.
panagiotisk15
4/23/19

When I start buying tokens for the cam4 you made me a golden membership without my agreement. After that you charged my bill EUR 14.95 per month without any notice. I think I was cheated and demanded my money back

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
You receive email receipts for your purchases, so you should be aware of any charges. Also, full disclosure of all billing is at the top of our payment forms. You may cancel your subscription at https://epoch.com/. Simply enter your information (any 2 items) in the box titled "Account Management."
rohans35
4/23/19

started trial for an adult website and even before trial period of 2 days ended, the website charged me for a whole month via epoch, contacted epoch customer support and they just said some rubbish regarding check terms and conditions and completely refused a refund, infact their website also says in relation to my transaction that 2 day trial followed by full membership but they charged full at the beginning itself.

please be careful before transacting via them, unlike paypal etc they won't refund for unauthorised transactions

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
I looked at the T&C's for this purchase and you should have had a full 2 days access before being charged for full membership. Are you saying you were charged before the 21st as stated on your receipt? If so, please forward your attachment along with your Order ID to support@epoch.com. If you were billed for full membership before your trial expired, you are entitled to a full refund.
samil18
3/29/19

Hi
They h've taken my money and didn't even bother to listen to me to know the probleme, they shut down the chat after 30 second. as others said they host scam websites, so who is next!!.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch doesn't host websites. Epoch is a billing company. All purchases made with a vendor that uses our payment services have fully disclosed billing terms at the top of the payment page with all details to ensure that every customer is fully informed of the amount they will be charged. Additionally, an email receipt is sent immediately to the purchaser to confirm the details of your purchase(s), and, the email provides information about and a link to our 24/7 customer service. You can also manage subscription purchases online without the need to make a call or send an email. If you have misplaced your email receipt, here are the various ways you may contact Epoch for a resolve to your questions. I hope you find this information helpful.

kinok4
3/21/19

Rein in this mess.
Dear roman owens,

Thank you for your purchase at www.camsoda.com.

Your statement will reflect that you have been billed by LIVESODA in the amount of USD6.59

Member ID: 2208265304

Transaction ID:1119778273

This purchase is subject to the terms and conditions of this sale.

50 tokens for $6.59

Please refer all non-billing questions to the webmaster of the website.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
This is not spam. This is a purchase receipt.

If you need to manage a subscription you can do so easily online at https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact
edans2
3/7/19

have been scammed through websites that bill via epoch. EPOCH YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT FRAUD WEBSITES ARE USING YOUR PAYMENT SERVICES TO SCAM PEOPLE

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Hey Edan - It would be very difficult for a merchant to use our services in any kind of scam. But, if you believe that this has happened to you I encourage you to contact us. We want customers like you to be happy with our services. If there is a merchant abusing the service, your information would be important for everyone. https://epoch.com/billing_support/
mikem1185
2/22/19

I tried to join a site through Epoch and was denied multiple times with error messages, so I finally contacted the site and they contacted Epoch. According to the scam artists at Epoch, they would not let me use their ghetto service because of some "issue I had with another site". This was a total lie, because I had never had any issues with any other sites. Far as I'm concerned, Epoch can go suck a big one.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
It is in Epoch's best interest to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible when using our services.

I don't know the specifics of your situation, but there are indeed scenarios where a card number could be banned from using our services. Such examples could be excessive refunds or reversals. If you ever have an issue or question about a charge from Epoch, your best chance at finding an answer to your question is to call our Customer Service. We make it very easy. https://epoch.com/billing_support/
triciaw14
2/18/19

On February 18th, I contacted Epoch billing department via chat to request that my Paypal payment ID is unlinked from the Epoch website, because I was having difficulties making a payment to an online merchant using my Paypal account. When I contact Epoch via chat, I was connected with Jennifer. She had difficulties finding my email address, and name in their system. I then provided her snippets of my past receipts proving to her that I was, in fact, a customer. One of the receipts had MY EMAIL AND PASSWORD to the merchant website.

Once she was able to find my account, I explained the situation to her and she basically told me to create a new account, because Epoch could do nothing to unlink my Paypal account. She then instructed me to contact the legal@epoch.com to have my information deleted, because she claimed that Epoch did not own the billing site where I was my payment information was retained. I then showed her a screen capture of the billing page because I wanted to find out who owned the site, so that I could contact then with my request. The web address was: https://wnu.com. After I googled this page, it was, in fact, owned my Epoch, so I contacted Epoch again via chat, and was surprised to get Jennifer again. She then stated that Epoch owns several billing sites, and do not own the page I was on. She then instructed me to contact Epoch via telephone. I agreed and then disconnected the chat. Shortly afterward, I received an automated support email from the merchant website stating that they received my request to open a new account because Epoch could not unlinked my PayPal. THIS request was NEVER sent by me. Jennifer or someone at Epoch logged into my account and sent this email to the merchant support team. THAT is illegal! I never gave them permission to access my online account, nor did I authorize anyone at Epoch to send emails from my account and make requests on my behalf.

When I contact Epoch support again, the rep Nelson sad "We have your login details for the site as we handle the login for the website." He went on to say that there is a site contact page down at the bottom of the merchant website. Even IF they have access to my password and login information, they are not permitted to log into my account to send emails on my behalf. That is illegal and unauthorized access and I will be filing a formal complaint with the FTC.

jasone144
2/11/19

was charged $1 initally then charged $60 a month for I dont know what for the last 3 months. This service should be banned.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Hi Jason, I think most likely you signed up for a trial to a website that converts to a subscription if not canceled. The full terms of every purchase are always included on the top of the page where you enter your card number, AND, on the email receipt that we send to your email address.

Two recommendations:

1) Enter "Epoch" in the search field of your email account to find the receipt for your purchase.

-or-

2) Visit our website and enter your credentials to search for the purchase, or, contact customer service via chat, phone, or email. Here's the link: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact. Customer Service is available 24/7/365.

If you cannot find the purchase, your card number may have been compromised and you should consider canceling your card. Hopefully, your card has not been compromised and you can find your purchase.
williamp719
2/11/19

Enough is enough. I don't know what it is about this company but I'm getting tired of them indirectly accusing me of fraud. In 40 yrs of using credit cards I have NEVER had any problems. Since I got involved with an online chat site and forced to use Epoch as a payment processor, I have had nothing but problems. I was told my cards are cleared but they are not. Someone that works there has helped me out quite a bit on this RECURRING problem and I appreciate it, and it's not his fault, but enough is enough. I was told the names on 2 of the cards are different. HEY EPOCH, I KNOW HOW TO TYPE MY NAME. THE CARDS BELONG TO ME!!! Tried to use a new card and all 3 were blocked. Well, the online chat site is going to loose my money. I'll let them know why, but I doubt they care either. Now I have to deal with getting all of my information off of epoch servers. I just don't trust them. This better not affect my credit anywhere else.

I was forced to use Epoch at an online chat room site and after using same cc 3 times the fourth time the charge was refunded to credit card and my account there blocked. I called epoch and they said "Something" in their system triggered a fraud alert. After using card several times all of a sudden a fraud alert is triggered? The rep said he could not tell me what triggered the alert. The epoch system is basically accusing me of fraud. There is no problem with my account at the chat site and my cc company says there is no problem on their end. i've tried using other credit cards at chat site but they are all declined. So i can't even use chat site anymore unless i wire money to them.........NOT.

I asked the epoch rep if i could talk to someone higher up to explain and clear up this fraud alert, he said "cant do it" and hung up!! The only thing i haven't tried on chat site is debit bank card............NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Thanks for the follow-up William. Our job as a payment facilitator is to protect consumers from fraudulent use of their cards and also to protect merchants from compromised card use. It is not a perfect system, but we continually work to improve it for the safety of both consumers and merchants. -- I'm glad this case was resolved to your satisfaction. -- Rand
dieepochc
1/22/19

I have never even heared of this company. How the hell and why did I get charged 10$ for nothing ?? Somebody has to sue this $#*!!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Two recommendations:

nikolan9
12/29/18

Today I was charged from epoch for something that I cancel before almost 1 month. From where on earth this idiotic payment bulgsit with low defencive system comes up?

Tip for consumers: Do not use it they are scamers

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Without more information, I cannot comment on the specifics of your transaction(s). However, I suspect you have more than one subscription service. You can easily investigate this yourself at https://epoch.com. Alternatively, you can call us, requests that we call you, instant-chat online, Skype, or send an email to Epoch Support. You might also try using the "Search" field in your email account for the term "Epoch" and you will find purchase receipts for anything you've subscribed to via our services.

All of this information is available at epoch.com, the first place anyone should go with any questions regarding a charge, subscription or membership billed by Epoch.
abdulk46
12/10/18

I have registered for 3 days trial pack but after that within 30 minutes they automatically renewed my subscription and I Am trying to contact the support center but no one is responding. I need my amount to be refund back pp

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
I reached out to Abdul but he did not respond.

Apparently he contacted support for the site he was a member of, and not Epoch support. As, Epoch support is available 24/7/365 by phone, Skype, Chat, and email. You can even request a call back to you from our site for your convenience. All of this is available from Epoch.com, as clearly stated on every email receipt for purchases processed by us.

PHONE TOLL FREE: +1 800 893 8871
PHONE WORLDWIDE: +1 310 664 5810
EMAIL:BILLING@EPOCH.COM
rutgerj
12/6/18

After writing several email about canceling my subscription without any response I finally had to cancel my credit card. This site is pure fake!

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Rutger, can you please message me the site you are referring to? If a merchant for whom we process for is non-responsive, or, is not offering support links and info to Epoch support, we'd like to be aware of it as it against our policy. Additionally, if you would like to provide your information we may be able to help with your charges.
stefanm66
11/28/18

I have just recieved a billing of TWO instances. Dont know what the hell it is.
This company billed my PayPal account and its just plain fraud.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is a payment processor for thousands of online merchants. If you are unsure what a charge is for, we make it extremely easy for anyone to review their purchase history and manage online subscriptions from our website. You can review purchases at any time by visiting: https://epoch.com. You can also search your email for the term "epoch" as we send out a receipt with details of each initial purchase. If you still have questions about your purchases after reviewing your account, you can contact our customer support staff anytime. All calls are answered typically within one minute. We're here to help.
stevet62
10/9/18

If You sign up with these CROOKS for $1.00, shown below as "Risk Free". You'll end with a subscription.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
If the terms of the merchant you purchased from were unclear, please contact us directly so we can address any issues. However, when you arrive on the Epoch payment form, whatever offer you've selected from the merchant will be clearly stated. Epoch goes to great lengths to ensure that any terms and conditions of any sale that we process for are clearly disclosed so that customers make informed purchases. Additionally, you receive a receipt via email explaining your purchase that includes information for always-available customer support. If you would like to speak to someone regarding your purchase, you have several options available here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact
ainew1
10/6/18

Multiple fraudulent cc charges from this service over the past month. Epoch.com should be marked as fraudulent site.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Epoch is a payment service provider for thousands of websites. It is quite likely that you made a purchase from one of these sites not realizing that the descriptor on your credit card statement would show as Epoch. If, however, you are absolutely certain that you did not make a purchase from a site processed by Epoch, the second most likely scenario is that your credit card has been compromised. You can contact Epoch to find out what site the charge applies to. If at that point you do not recall the purchase by you or someone in your household, you should contact your bank immediately to cancel your card and get a new one issued. Depending on your state and the severity of the charges, credit card fraud may be a felony. www.epoch.com
charlies109
8/28/18

I signed up for a $1 trial subscription for a website and ended up being charged for almost $60 fraudulently. I reached out to customer help which were massively unhelpful, online chat wouldn't work, phone number did not exist and my request for help via email was met with multiple "please call us" mails (even though the problem was I couldn't do it). Rated one star because I cant rate 0.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
This doesn't appear to be our Customer Service at all. You can reach an Epoch rep 24/7/365 within seconds. For anyone looking for Epoch support, there are multiple ways to contact us. See this: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact

And about your bill, we do not bill "fraudulently" but it is possible you made a purchase you don't recall. You can search the email you used during your purchase to search for the term "Epoch" and you should have received a purchase receipt for any items you purchased via our services. Feel free to reach out to an Epoch representative for any clarification.
anthonyr248
8/1/18

I had contacted this company twice to end a subscription that I don't believe I had ever agreed to. Was still charged for it, though their website showed the activity as a one time purchase for $0. I have reported them to the Attorney General of NY.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
We make it extremely easy for anyone to review their purchase history and manage their online subscriptions from our website. You can cancel any subscription at any time by visiting: https://epoch.com. You can also search your email for the term "epoch" as we send out a receipt with details of each initial purchase. If you still have questions about your purchases after reviewing your account, you can contact our customer support staff anytime.
nikitag12
7/22/18

I have used epoch services for several years. I have purchased three monthly subscriptions at the same day. Two month later one of the subscriptions refunded back the money. I have tried to purchase another subscription, but was informed that the system has blacklisted me for some reason. I have tried to contact support, to find out the reason, I was ready to provide all the details, including bank transactions to prove that I have been charged and my card and details provided were legit, but the online support said that they cannot do anything about it. And it is really stupid, cause once You enter email and card details on their website, You can see the history of purchases. The online support has offered me to use another billing company, I have contacted the webmaster- he said epoch is the only billing company they use, meaning I will not be able to purchase any subscription ever from that website. Awfull experience, no support is really provided. There was no reason explained, why I was blacklisted.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
I've reached out to Nikita for more details.
keithe24
7/8/18

I used the online chat to end fraudulent monthly "subscriptions". After giving only name, address and last 4 of CC, the online chat rep was helpful, offered to block future use of my CC by ANY merchant they service and offered to refund the last two transactions. I had to specifically ask for it, but the rep also gave me the merchant names and subscription emails associated with my CC. I'll wait to see if all the promises come true so I don't have to replace my CC. But, the online chat took only about 10 minutes and seemed legitimate without me divulging all my personal info.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience. We take customer service very seriously because we represent not only our own processing services but also the merchants who use us. While we work hard to fight against fraudulent transactions, our customer service team will work with anyone whose card data has been compromised and used with a merchant for whom we process transactions.
alamb2
6/29/18

I don't even remember if I have any transactions through this company in the past. But there were transactions with the name epoch today which I clearly know that I did not do. The company should be responsible for this. Anyways I quoted them as fraud transactions with my credit card company.

Epoch - You guys need to do a better job.

gracet65
6/20/18

My information was easily hacked and used on two other websites that I had never visited. When I talked to a billing employee over their "chat" system, they were rude and unhelpful. When they finally told me what websites my card had been used on and allowed me to file for fraud, they ended the conversation, even though I was not done. They did refund one of the three fraudulent charges, but they also charged a service fee of $30 (which was more than the fraudulent charge in the first place). not to mention, they charged me for an extra two months for a recurring payment that I cancelled and received a confirmation email for... No credible business should trust this website as an online payment company. Everyone should drop epoch. If that is the payment website DO NOT put in your credit card info.

Response from Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
I've reached out to this post's author for clarification. The experience noted here is not in line with our policies and with cooperation we can investigate this further.
dagreeng
5/26/18

You subscribe for Camster to get 20 credits! Then 1 month after you get a mail from paypal that says you have authorized a transaction to epoch. (in my case 21)
I was able to change the setting on PayPal to remove that unwilled authorisation that allow them to heist my account. I assume I won't be able to claim that money back :(

Camster & Epoch are Frauds!!!

Epoch issues a credit immediately, however, it may take up to 5 business days for the credit to appear on your statement.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

We can certainly help with that! Contact our CS department here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

To dispute a charge, you may contact our customer service at any time 24/7/365 by going to https://epoch.com. You may call us, chat online, Skype, request a call-back, or send us an email. The choice is yours!

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

If a merchant places an authorization on your credit card and you do not spend that amount with the merchant, the authorization will NOT become a charge and funds will be available to you again after 3 days.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

Thanks for reaching out. I personally don't have access to the details of your transaction, however, you can Skype, Chat, Call, or Message us from here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact Our 24/7 customer service reps can help you with this.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

You can Skype, Chat, Call, or Message us from here: https://epoch.com/billing_support/contact Our 24/7 customer service reps can help you with this.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

There is no online directory of merchants for which we process. However, each purchase is confirmed with a receipt to the email address you provided. I would suggest using the Search function of your email provider for the term "Epoch" to find the receipt for your purchase. Hope this helps!

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative

Suscription memberships can be canceled online at any time. Simply go to https://epoch.com and enter your credentials. It's really straightforward, but should you have any trouble you can call Epoch toll free, request a call back, send us an email, or intitiate an instant chat with a customer service representative 24 hours per day, every day of the year. You can feel 100% safe using Epoch to process your orders. - Happy surfing!

Helpful answer -1

Epoch is one of the most experienced credit care processors on the Internet, using SSL technologies among other safety protocols. Epoch is an approved payment service provider recognized worldwide by the payment associations. Transactions facilitated by Epoch are completely safe.

By Rand P., Epoch.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Epoch.com staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Epoch.com