ElderHelpers

ElderHelpers has a consumer rating of 4.31 stars from 161 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with ElderHelpers most frequently mention great organization. ElderHelpers ranks 1st among Caregiving sites.

Special offer from ElderHelpers
Join Our NATIONWIDE Community Of Elders Now!
Sign Up Gain trust and grow your business with customer reviews

No positive highlights yet

• They only do a background check if the person donates money.
  • I spent good 2 weeks leaving messages for volunteers.
How would you rate ElderHelpers?

“Volunteering Experience”

Jordan O.
5/13/20

They moved quickly to move me through the process of being ready and educated to help volunteer those who need it.

“Don't bother”

george w.
12/14/19

My husband signed up on 11/21. Our "donation" was withdrawn right away. Understandably, due to the holiday, we expected a delay. However, it took two weeks to get a response. All we needed was a code to be able to contact a volunteer. Instead, we kept getting the same email requesting a sign up and donation. When he finally received the code, he made 9 phone calls. The only two numbers that answered had moved out of the area. The other numbers were either no longer working, so a message was left. No one has responded 24 hours later. The latest from elder helpers is another request for our zip code? Don't you have our registration? Ridiculous.

background check (8) volunteers (26) customer service (6) organization (25) phone number (4)
miked837
March 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
Awesome easy experience. Looking forward to volunteering and helping elders
jordano35
May 13th, 2020
desireep31
March 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase
I think this is a great opportunity for lives to be be enriched through different generations; to add benefit to lives of so many and to offer assistance through care and small tasks.
bobc412
January 26th, 2020
Verified purchase
I assisted with my mom & her Dementia.
I was a caregiver to my wife with ALS.
I know my way around a grocery store, shopping for almost 40 yrs.
andig12
January 7th, 2020
Verified purchase
Immediate response back. They're involved with getting you involved with their multiple services that fit your ability and time that you can bring to the table... so to speak.
alpanap2
November 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
Its great and I'm excited for opportunities like this. It really makes a difference
cynthiae262
October 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Easy and professional experience. EldersHelpers exceeded my expectations as a volunteer.
michellel539
December 14th, 2019
Verified purchase
I love working with the elders and improving their quality of life. Whether it's going out checking out the Christmas decorations or reading to them, I enjoy every bit of it.
barbarag398
September 27th, 2019
Once I learned my way around on the site, I was able to contact several volunteers and coordinate schedules so that they could fill in being with my husband in memory care. The monthly donation is minor compared to the hourly fees that must be paid for people to companion our loved ones. I lucked out with volunteers who were devoted to being of help and came through for my husband and me time after time. I highly recommend this website and this service.
mirelav
March 1st, 2018
I use to visit this lady named Pearl with my dog every Sunday for few hours whatching some classic movie ( her tv was always on that channel) actually i was watching, she was blind, but just seeing her so happy and content patting my dog belly for hours was such a fulfillment. Unfortunately she passed away, but i would gladly help any other seniors who would need help.
Thank you elders helpers!
michelleq11
March 4th, 2018
I signed up with ElderHelpers to get involved in my community, get to know an elder who may need companionship and support, and contribute my time and energy to making their lives better. ElderHelpers is very organized and professional. They offered a helpful training and took careful consideration when pairing me with an elder to ensure that the relationship would work from both ends. I highly recommend getting involved.
jerinas
March 26th, 2018
They are a very good organization of o had the opportunity to help the elders I will with a big open hand I love helping people especially those who cant really do everything on their own Im going back to school to be on a psw worker in order for me to be a part of an organization that can help people to have a better and happier future just like us who have it easier I love meaning a beautiful smile on people faces.
deniseb313
January 28th, 2019
Verified purchase
Information received was very informative and a great tool for providing excellent help for our seniors
urianm
July 19th, 2019
Verified purchase
Love it. I enjoy helping elderly woman with every day tasks. Makes me feel s
Fulfilled with my life. From gardening to cleaning I am thankful to be given the opportunity to help the elderly
gabriellag10
May 26th, 2019
Verified purchase
My name is Gabriella and I'm new to the Elder Helpers. I'm a trained volunteer and I am so excited about Elder Helpers. I can't wait to get started and begin helping elders and their families.
rosew72
February 21st, 2018
Got a lotta spare time since i retired, so i decided to join and help the elders in my community, so far everything´s been great, no complaints
karenb851
Verified purchase
When I was feeling EXTREMELY down and lonely, like a prisoner in my senior apartment, I got a beautiul e mail from them that encouraged me.
dorothyw59
April 18th, 2018
After signing up and paying for 2 months service I had been unable to use the service because of a changes in my life.

Very quick and nice when I called to cancel and get a refund. I am impressed and happy with ElderHelpers customer service.
allisonn24
Allison N.
November 28th, 2018
Verified purchase
I volunteer once a week and it's become one of my favorite days of the week!
We all look forward to seeing each other and hanging out together.
mikep482
Verified purchase
So many great adventures. So little time! There seems to be so many different choices. It would be wonderful if we could do a number of trips a year.
alexh284
December 6th, 2018
Verified purchase
I graduated College with the founder of the company. He has always been am extremely intelligent, high achieve, trustworthy stand up guy.
rosap24
March 1st, 2018
I think this is a great cause. Looking forward to helping someone soon! I haven't received a call yet but hope to very soon.
jerryc231
Verified purchase
I have two lovely young ladies that come to my home and walk my Dog on Monday and Wednesday.

They really really help me. I am 76 have some infirmities. I appreciate when they walk my dog.
andread99
March 27th, 2018
Verified purchase
The information was very helpful and easy to understand the registration was an ease. Very Happy that I sign up
annh295
November 28th, 2018
Verified purchase
We are so glad we have gotten in touch with Elderhelpers. Our 96 year old aunt, who lives alone by choice, has greatly benefited from Elderhelpers.

We do background checks via IntelliCorp which is a Verisk company. They are extremely serious, thorough and reputable. We also encourage you to spend time with the volunteers on the phone so that you can get to know each other and also to meet for the first time in a public place like a coffee shop. Because of this precautions, we have not one incident reported in years of service to the elderly community.

Is elder help free

Hello Joy, Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. Hello Ryan, we ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

See more answers (2)

Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. We ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

See more answers (2)

Does ( ElderHelpers.org) receive State or Federal financial assistance or subsidies as a non-profit?

By Kip H.

Hi Jim, our email work fine, please check with your provider.

By Mary R., Senior Customer Care Specialist

Hello Lisa, great example of why it is better to work with a volunteer rather than a taxi or ride sharing service! This would be something you would need to work out with the helper and can certainly be arranged because the idea is to really care for seniors not just dropping them off. We strongly recommend testing the reliability of the elder helper ahead of time because doctor appointments are important.

By Mary R., Senior Customer Care Specialist

Hello Leelee S. Our service is designed for individuals only. This is the only way that we can offer SAFETY and CONVENIENCE. You can simply print a few flyers that you can download on our website and hand it to them. You can also watch our presentation video and explain if you want. Just make sure to not sign up for somebody else and even less for a group of people. That could get you in troubles and the users also. Thank you for your interest.

By Mary R., Senior Customer Care Specialist

Hi Jan, We are a legitimate organization, we sent you information to your account to complete the intake process, In case you're not able to find an available volunteers in your area we can issue a full refund of your last payment, you can also cancel the monthly contribution at any time by sending us an email at help@elderhelpers.org Let me know if you need further information.

By Mary R., Senior Customer Care Specialist

Hi Lia, No, It's not mandatory to donate to be a volunteer in our organization. You can send us an email at help@elderhelpers.org for further information.

By Mary R., Senior Customer Care Specialist

Hello Fatima, Thank you for reaching out, could please provide us the email address that was used to register?

By Mary R., Senior Customer Care Specialist

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ElderHelpers staff and other customers.

Elder Helpers is a user-friendly, web-based service. We believe that compassion at its finest is free. Volunteers register to offer their services based on their true desire to help elders. Elder Helpers strives to safely and conveniently connect these dedicated, passionate volunteers with elders in their local communities. We are a tax exempt organization and the contributions cover our operating costs. Our volunteers are true volunteers. For a tax deductible monthly donation of $50, you can contact as many volunteers as you would like, to ask them for as much help as you would like. We do screening and background checks and our website makes it convenient for you to locate volunteers where you need them and get to know them and the help they are willing to offer. Enjoy the safety and convenience of elderhelpers.org!

We are not supported by any government money. Solely volunteers, elders and their relatives help us pay for the technology and people making this service possible. Contributions from volunteers, training packets delivery, contributions from elders and relatives are handled by a third party meeting the best industry standards and is subject to change. Background checks are handled by www.IntelliCorp.net, a Verisk Company. We recruit our volunteers in reputable places and carefully screen all users. This service is new and innovative, we strongly encourage any visitor of this page to educate themselves by reading our FAQs at www.elderhelpers.org/faq and contact us via email for more information. Thank you.

Business History

Elderhelpers.org started in May 2010 to match volunteers with elders in need of help within their own community.

In the middle of June 2015, we have decided to stop offering a refund policy since it was rarely respected by our users. We switched to a third party meeting the best industry standards to offer tax deductible donation receipts, easy cancellation, and increased security.

We now only let informed people about our service (having read our FAQs carefully, and checked our listings of volunteers themselves) join our community. Each user gets access to our safe and convenient service for a small monthly contribution. We do not offer refunds anymore. There is no more subscription, monetary contribution is now considered a donation. And it is tax deductible!

People joining our community are asked to be patient, nice to our volunteers, and to report wrong and disconnected phone numbers to us, which is the only way that we can keep a database clean and up-to-date. This website is user supported: volunteers give their time and when they can donate money, elders and their relatives participate fifty dollars a month, and report their results to benefit the entire community of users.

customers13
Mary R.
Senior Customer Care Specialist
Mary has been serving elders for years and through her experience in the industry she has brought great expertise to the very innovative elderhelpers.org. You can reach her at help@elderhelpers.org with your questions, concerns, comments and kuddos.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ElderHelpers?

Have a question about ElderHelpers?