Review of eHarmony

UserSupport@eharmony.com
2018 Customer choice award

leanettet3
2/17/19

Their long time "claims" of the alleged 29-point compatibility system are a joke. 90% of the Matches they send you claim "compatible" if you're both Christian or love Rock music, etc. And no way of specifying your age range or location. I got "matched" with men 500 miles away. Such a joke.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Leanette, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you have not been happy with the matches you've received. We do not actually use information on members profiles for matching, that's solely for each member to get to know one another. Matching is based on the Relationship Questionnaire and members Match Settings. You can specify Age range and matching location via your settings. We'd be happy to see what we can do to help improve your experience. Please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your eharmony account.
cpreiye
2/15/19

I knew my partner was cheating when i find out about a trusted and reliable mobile phone Spy expert..
.***Solidarity Hacker *AT* G m a i l . c o m*** This mobile phone Spy expert was very efficient and reliable. I was able to gain access to all the mobile phone Apps located and operating on my cheating partner's mobile device including but not limited to text messages, Phone call logs history and it's audio conversations , Twitter , Instagram , Snapchat , Viber , Kik , iMessage and all other Apps located and operating on my cheating partner's mobile device. When i got accross to the mobile phone Hacker/Spy expert:...***Solidarity Hacker *AT* G m a i l . c o m*** In addition he was able to help me gain access to all past and recently deleted messages and media files like pictures , short video and audio clips....e.t.c. I would recommend the services of the trusted and effective mobile phone h a c k e r/ Spy expert to anyone looking for a similar service to contact the Spy expert...***Solidarity Hacker *AT* G m a i l . c o m***

vivianl70
2/15/19

I joined in January and it has been a month.Spend your money else where.They pick the matches and they are not even compatible to what you want.Please do not waste your time or money here.You will have better luck on Match.com

Tip for consumers: If you want to cancel membership,you have to pay your payments in order to cancel.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Vivian, Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with your matches. The matching process at eharmony is based on our patented 29 Dimensions™ of Compatibility and your personal preferences. First, using your answers from the Relationship Questionnaire, the scientifically-based Compatibility Matching System® identifies individuals with whom you have a great chance for a happy, healthy long-term relationship. Next, we take into account your personal preferences for things like geography, religion, ethnicity, etc. to create a pool of matches for you. If you'd please reach out to us at membercare@eharmony.com, from the email address on your eharmony account, we'd be happy to see what we can do to improve your experience.
cammyp1
2/12/19

Matches say "compatible" yet only 3 of 15 criteria are above 90% hardly compatible! Also its not possible to specify height of your matches. As a tall woman I am not interested in 5'6 men! Waste of time and money.

robertj471
2/12/19

These folks are scam artist with "outs" to not pay refunds. Their refund "out" is that you purchase app and membership with iTunes or android equivalent and they refer you to them and say they have no control over them charging you. Their app, their site, their matches, and their members suck and are either not real or not literally 1 in a 200, unattractive-old-obese. Don't give these scammers give your money or time. I usually never review stuff, I felt highly moved to save people money to the best of my ability. I spent 2 of my 12 months subscription (it was like $150 or so) putting forth lots of effort and time to reach out to over 500 women, and I have replies from like 25, 2-3 of which WERE NOT 10+ years older, very unattractive, and/or morbidly obese. I have reached out to them for a refund over 4 times explaining my plight. I told them about lack of matches, told them I was unsatisfied, that I wanted to stop my year purchase and by refunded remainder of year--they refused, They are cowardly garbage. Not to be used, not to be spoken well of, to be avoided.

karens856
2/11/19

So I mark on my profile "Christian" and I'm sent more "spiritual not religious" as compatible. Are you serious? Worshipping the devil can be spiritual or witch craft also. I'm paired up with guys 15 younger or 20 years older. What a joke. And I do not smoke so don't give me guys that do. Really. I'm not traveling more miles then I put in my profile but too many too far away. Wished I would have read the reviews before signing up.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Karen, my name is Scott and I'm sorry to hear your experience hasn't been what we would all hope for. Please know that we are a site open to members of all Faiths. All members can control which Faiths they are matched with by choosing specific ones and by setting the Importance. If you have the importance set to anything other than "very", then you are allowing the system flexibility to look outside that particular setting. So for your Religion, Age and Smoking preferences, if you have strict requirements, then I'd recommend you set the importance to "very". If you'd like any further help with your settings or any other issues, please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.
stacyj53
2/11/19

I have been on a few dating websites. I like trying different ones because you meet more people.
I signed up for the year subscription because I have had pretty good experiences on different websites as far as meeting people but have not found nothing serious.

I was on eharmony for a month. I had 4 smiles of which 3 looked like they could be my grandfather. One looked in my age range so I smiled back but never even said high.

I gave it 1 month which is a reasonable time frame to see how it will go. Then I contacted customer service to cancel my subscription. First I got an automated reply saying give it 2 weeks. I responded telling they to read my email. Then I got a response saying that if I'm not satisfied I can respond with specialist in the subject line. So I did.
I get a set response saying I waited to long. I would have had to cancel in the 3 day time frame.

This was the worst dating site experience I have had.

ginat68
2/6/19

Join eHarmony and received 33 matches; however not one of them was current. To find out if they are current, they will have a dot behind their name. How do you make a match when there is no one available on the site. Why pay a monthly fee when they have no current matches for you. Was very disappointed because I thought this was the premier site and was paying a premium membership fee. On the plus side... called and was given a full refund of my membership.

tracyt113
2/4/19

I joined eharmony about a year ago. There were a few interests both on my part, and on guys. But nothing came of it. After answering all those questions, not one date. I started to believe it was me. Then I signed up on another dating site that is free. I got so many messages, flirts and intetests. I think eharmony is blocking their members from connecting so they can make more money. Think about it, if you find love in a week, you will unsubscribe and they won't have as many members at once. I'm looking elsewhere. This was so disappointing! Please don't waste your money with any dating sites. Remember; it's a business and their first goal is to get our money

kyliec18
2/1/19

eHarmony SUCKS!!! So you find someone, so you want to close your account. Yep, you have to keep paying off your account for however long you signed up!! So much for creating matches and relationships!! Complete crap. They only care about the money. It is crazy.

pdfj
1/3/19

been watching tv and have seen at least 4 e harmony commercials-and the girls they are using look no more than 16yrs old. are they catering to pedophiles

angelinar19
12/30/18

I'm completely unhappy with the way E Harmony is using young women in their current advertising. Most people are of middle age when using the site. With so many accusations of sex trade crimes why does e harmony promote such vile exposure of young women? Totally unacceptable. I don't see young men in your advertising.

ronalds385
12/28/18

Imagine this. You are new to online dating. You've heard a lot of good things about Eharmony. You are a Christian and you trust Eharmony because of its founder, not realizing that the business has been bought and sold several times over the years. You get your first set of matches and you fall head over heals in love with a picture and great profile. You send out a smile, first point if contact (or so you think) and you hope for a reciprocal smile. After all, if she doesn't smile back, she's probably not interested, right? You wait a few days and no smile, so you think, she wants a message from you and not just a smile, she wants to know you're serious, so you send her a cute message trying to get her attention, but nothing, no smile back, no reply, no nothing, but maybe she's playing hard to get, so you keep trying week after week. Can't get her out of your head. Of course there are others, and you move on, but you don't block her, because just maybe she will eventually respond. AND THEN, AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS, you discover by, sheer accident, that if a person subscribes to Eharmony and then doesn't renew, EHARMONY CONTINUES TO PUT THEM OUT AS A POTENTIAL MATCH, and the unsuspecting PAID SUBSCRIBER, HAS NO CLUE, THAT THE PERSON THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO COURT, HAS NO IDEA THAT YOU EVEN EXIST!!!!!!....... THIS IS TOTAL CRAP!!!
I know this for a FACT. I was matched to another person, who had quit using Eharmony over a year previously, but was clever enough to word in their profile a riddle that revealed a email address that I figured out and used to make contact with them outside of Eharmony. Putting 2 and 2 together, I figured out that my heartthrob, I had been seeking out, was in the same no longer subscribed situation. TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATION. I am so pissed with Eharmony, and they admit they continue to promote non subscribers. TALK ABOUT BAIT AND SWITCH!

elspethw
12/12/18

Signed up for 3 months, matches initially within 50 mile radius, but most are 200+ miles away.
Subscription finished on sat, but I'm still getting matches & smiles - yet I can't reply to messages without paying again -I closed down my account fully as I don't want to waste these gents time & I know realise perhaps most of the matches I saw were "not active".
I did connect with one lovely man who I chatted on Skype with but it didn't move on
Save your money

larryb374
12/7/18

Dipping my toe back in the lake of love through this site & another one called wejustfit.com that my best friend met his finance on. Overall im finding that you can spot the bad sites fast, but for the good ones the key seems to be patience. You have to pay but its not much at all, actually. 8/10

sarahm755
12/1/18

I signed up for a 6 month subscription period. After about a week, I noticed how all of the "matches" were much older than I had requested (I like older men, so there was already a bit of a stretch). These "matches" were also a great distance away from where I was located (I live close to Raleigh, NC). In an effort to investigate a little further, I decided to click on each match profile that appeared in my inbox to see if anyone would view my profile or respond to a message > I had absolutely no activity!!!!!

I found out that most of these matches were ghost accounts and called to try to cancel my subscription. Before calling to cancel, I went in and deleted everything in my profile so that they could not use it as another ghost profile to entice poor souls looking for love. I did have a good laugh when the representative mentioned that matches are more likely to respond if I had a picture (I had 10 before I deleted my profile). I was also informed that there was nothing they could do about a refund or cancellation because it was past the 3 day cancellation grace period. This 3 day period is built in to make you feel good about signing up, but it is really something to be cautious of. Please proceed with caution if you plan on joining! I would tell you to run the other way, but that is only my opinion!

josephs553
11/23/18

Too many ghost accounts, very few active accounts, and way overpriced. Had the service for three months, met two women for a few dates each, out of 500 "matches". Talked with maybe 10 women in total.

It's just not worth it. I paid for a full subscription, and was completely disappointed by the lack of active accounts on the site. If eharmony can not find a way to clear out these old accounts or at least remove them from the matching list, then honestly, it's just a waste of time and money.

I thought paying for a subscription would limit me to only matches who are serious about finding a relationship. Eharmony failed in this regard.

Keep your money, and spend your time doing something else.

debu6
11/15/18

Terrible pool of dates, minimal and what they do send are such a distance. I get 2 choices every other day, it's pathetic. So unhappy I made this choice. Not a step up from Match.

geraldw91
10/15/18

My account was hacked. It was taken over by a hacker who probably used a rainbow table to match my password hash. I was not notified by email that an account change was pending my email verification, it just happened. This is the weakest and worst user security policy I have EVER heard of. They do not work on Sundays so this hacker ran amok for 24 hours with me having to try and mitigate damage by messaging all my matches. Finally I got ahold of chat this morning and they could not help. Then at 2:30 I receive an email saying they had closed my account. Nothing they can do. Scorched earth for my account. So long Eharmony. This is the final straw. First you change your format and become just another expensive Tinder, and now this.

sheilas163
9/29/18

Eharmony takes the cake for the worst dating site ever! I mean I wish I wasn't so negative here but I would receive daily matches and I couldn't tell you how they could have possibly connect me with the fellas they would send me daily! The good news.. I would shRe my daily matches with friends and the laughter we had over the course of the one mo th I joined was so worth the price of admission !! It's fumny, I'm 5'8 and Never received a match over 5'9.. the match location was so far off I would have no idea how they came up with it.. I could keep going up POF with some precautions used when talking to people is FREE.. give it a second chance..

theresab158
9/23/18

I would not recommend membership based on my experiences thus far! Not worth the $$! I joined the end of April, 2018, and I have to say, I'm quite disappointed with eHarmony!! They entice you to sign up by luring you via a "free trial," but to really see how the site works and to view the many initial matches they find for you, you HAVE TO PAY. Once I signed up (and for a year, no less, because it was cheapest rate!), I slowly got less and less matches, and most of my matches are well over an hour away (some in Canada and many are over 5-6 hours from me) - so what's the point??!! I chose the site because of the depth of details one needs to provide in the membership as well as many Qs to answer in order for the site to find "compatible matches"....but I'm not at all impressed so far.

Tip for consumers: BUYER BEWARE!

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Theresa,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you have not had the kind of experience we hope for. We'd love to work with you to resolve your concerns. Please reach out to us at membersupport@eharmony.com from the email address on your account and we'll be happy to try and help make your experience better.

Sincerely,

Scott
eharmony
annaf107
9/19/18

I've never run into a scammer or a fake account. The extra questions are fun. Perhaps I'm just picky, and I feel bad passing over the majority of my few matches. A lot of them live too far away. Though I think some are being too harsh in their reviews, matching is tricky, the company can't force people to date you if they're not interested, and you can only be matched with who is there, not just anyone in the world . . .

That said, most of my matches were too old for me (even though I put a preference on age) and, sorry to be so mean, but looked like they had not touched a hairbrush or razor and live in their parent's basement.

leanettet2
8/29/18

Sitejabber averages a 4.5 star rating for eHarmony, yet that score is closely split down the middle between the 5 star raters and the 1 stars. How is that possible? It's not. In the real world this 50/50 law-of-averages ratings mix would be 2.5 maybe 3 stars, and eHarmony is definitely not 3 stars.

nicoley24
8/28/18

I really need to write this review as 3 months have almost passed and I am truly disappointed with eHarmony. All the matches sent to me were out of what I am looking for. Majority of them live in a place where I never heard of. And, their profile look terrible. What a total waste of money. The site should definitely closed down!!!

kc179
8/27/18

When I first signed up, I was matched with a small handful of men I'm not even slightly attracted to. Not my type at all. And there is no search feature, so the site does not trust you to make your own decisions based on profiles. If the computer only matches you with 3 people, you will only see 3 people on this site. After speaking with a representative, instead of issuing a full refund, i was talked into paying only $10 for a trial month. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and remained on the service. It's been about 2 weeks since that interaction and, since then, I've been matched with exactly 1 more person. I'm sorry, but for a time-based subscription to be worth it, I better be able to utilize that time searching through a whole database of possibilities, not just flush my money down the toilet while the computer lazily spits out 2 people a month that i can tell within seconds i'm not interested in. The site is a waste of money. Even the $10 trial was a waste of money. Buyer beware.

634 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't do eHarmony. Try Plenty of Fish, OurTime, Match.com. If I could give them less than one star I would.

By Tim L.

No. They won't refund you.

By c g.

On your profile where you get asked questions like whats your fav movie and so on. replace any answers you have already left with offensive language which in turn will violate their terms and conditions and they will have no option than to close your account. as for getting a refund good luck.

By Ian B.

I called my credit card company because I cancelled within the three day grace period. Eharmony tried to say I had waited too long and therefore would be no refund. My credit card company disputed the charges, my account was credited and I was just notified that the dispute has been approved. No more eharmony charges. Hoe things work out for you.

By Katie M.

You could go to bingo and see if you meet someone there.

By Rob k.

use a pre paid credit card and only load the amount of the subscription you want onto the card, works every time and they NEVER get your real bank info

By anon a.

Rather than asking the company to cancel subscription remove there source of payment. If payment by credit card: Tell credit card company your card is lost and ask for new one. The new account number should stop renewal. Using a checking account: Ask bank for assistance.Good Luck!

By Daniel B.

Eharmonys phone help did everything possible to deny me any satisfaction or compromise. Truly an awful experience. I ended up complaining to my credit card company. PLEASE.. If you had a bad or unethical experience, complain so that there are fewer victims of such nasty, predatory companies.

By Charles M.

By Daniel B.

E harmony is a total fraud, use any other dating site

By anon a.
Questions? Get answers from the eHarmony staff and other customers.

4 Photos for eHarmony