Review of eHarmony

UserSupport@eharmony.com
2018 Customer choice award

mattp192
5/18/19

I don't understand why they blur out the photos of potential matches unless you pay. Why would I pay to be on this site when I can't see the person?

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Matt,

Thank you for your feedback and your question regarding why we blur photos for non-subscribers.We can understand your desire to view photos of your matches, however it is necessary to be a subscriber to do so. Many of our members come to eharmony because of the emphasis we place on what's inside a person. We try to provide an alternative to the dating sites that send out hundreds of matches based on little more than geography and common interests. As America's #1 trusted relationship site we have made a conscious decision to withhold photos from non-members to prevent photo shopping. We feel that it is important for all of our members to be equally engaged and invested in the service before moving forward into viewing pictures and communicating. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email us from the address associated with your account at membercare@eharmony.com.
katej71
5/16/19

Pretty impressed by eHarmony. I've been using wejustfit.com successfully for around two years and had a few days and even a relationship on the site, but someone said I should try eHarmony as well and it's actually not bad. I figured it was all just marketing, but I think I will probably get a date on this. Between the two sites, I should really boost my chances of finding someone serious. Here's hoping. Kate J x

timk238
5/13/19

eharmony keeps profiles of inactive and deleted profiles so it appears they have a solid membership base. This is very misleading and fraudulent. You get matched with dead profiles that is why you never get a read receipt. I asked for a refund per their own guidelines and all I got was bot conversation via live chat. They kept offering excuses like give it a few weeks for someone to write back, etc what a joke AVOID eharmony at all costa

sandrab663
5/12/19

I was on tinder and got three dates per week and was a bit overwhelmed by the response so decided to get serious and go to eharmony so I'd only be communicating with people who wants a serious relationship. I used the exact same pictures and personal information and got nothing.
The only people I got a smile from were either 70 if they were a day or really obese and one was emaciated. I take health serious and made that very clear.
I think eharmony is done and don't have anyone bothering to pay theses days. I sent smiles to every match for 3 weeks and got not one reply so I'm guessing they are all fake profiles. Not one reply after the same pics and info got overwhelming response on Tinder.
Eharmony is almost all fake profiles now.
Oh and one was clearly a foreign scammer and begged me to contact his friend Harold who really liked me lol. I got an email saying he had been removed. The matches were often 200-300 miles away even though I said a 30 mile limit.
Honestly do not waste your money!
I asked for a refund on day 15 as I couldn't get through on the number and was told no. The best they could do was cancel the repeat subscription after the 6 months I've paid for and they will let me give my subscription to someone else. My friends just laughed and said no thanks.
Really just go on Tinder. It's a serious option now and the paying ones are done.
5 years ago I did a 3 month eharmony and got 10 dates in 6 weeks. This time nothing

tedf58
5/11/19

I had a paid membership on this site for two months, from February 8, 2019 to April 8, 2019. I did not renew but my profile was still active. Today they closed my account for unknown reasons and sent emails to everyone I ever interacted with that I am some kind of scammer. Well, I soon found out the reason, it seems that a woman I went out once seven weeks ago fabricated some kind of story about me because I did not call her back. I know because she wrote me to gloat about it. I could care less that they closed my account, it is a terrible site with few matches less that three or four hours away, but impugning my character to others with no factual basis is too much. These people are the worst.

kevinm825
5/2/19

I receive 'matches' that aren't genuine, trolls or the like and always have an excuse not to meet up with you. How to tell.
1. Only one or two photos- most pixalated and out of focus
2.Profile is never complete
3. Always always have a last minute excuse for not meeting
4 Have sent you a smile, but not read your profile
5...Chat about stuff that is has nothing to do with the current conversation

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Kevin, thank you for your feedback. I want to assure you that we share your concerns regarding the existence of fraud suspects online and the risk they pose to the services provided by online merchants. We have a dedicated team who works to review accounts proactively in an effort to remove fraud suspects before they are even matched. In the event that we do not capture these individuals we move quickly to take action once we are notified.

Please note that, as disclosed in our Terms and Conditions of Service, eharmony does not conduct background checks on our members because there is no fail safe way to do so. We do not want to provide a false sense of security. We do encourage you to use your best judgment when communicating with matches and if at any time you suspect inappropriate activity we encourage you to report the match to us. I would like to recommend that you review the “Safety Tips” section of our site for important information on staying safe when using an online dating service. You may do by visiting the following link: https://www.eharmony.com/safe-online-dating/. I also want you to know that we have some really great members who are truly serious about finding that special someone. If you'd like to discuss this further or have any other questions or concerns, please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.
annetteh85
5/1/19

The only thing I can say is that their customer service people are very nice, but that is where it stops, the people I communicated with are cat fishers, I had to report them and my gut was always right as they took them right down, I have gone for days with no matches, and why would I want to put someone from all over the country to talk to, I don't need a pen pal, they take your money and provide NO SERVICE. When reaching out I requested a refund, how would you know in three days that this did not work, and they refused they just want the money and have received another sucker, it is a disgusting way to meet people and they do not care. I guess I have been out of the dating world too long, but at least they could provide a real service which they have not. When trying to speak to someone in charge there is no number, of course not, they do not want to hear complaints all day for a terrible service that they are providing. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY, I WOULDN'T EVEN DO IT FOR FREE

katheriner90
4/27/19

I thought I would try eharmony after the usual dating issues with tinder, bumble etc..I thought maybe people will be more serious on there. It's exactly the same but worse as you have to pay...don't do it x

rosek74
4/6/19

This website if full of inactive profiles. I was recently matched up with someone who turned out to be a fake profile. You really don't know who are on these website, there are a lot of freaks out there these days. I would recommend you meet someone by going to a bar, concert or just "throw caution to the wind" and walk up to someone in your local starbucks and ask them out. Seriously, online dating is just a waste of time. I have tried POF, Match and now eharmony. They are full of the same idiots. Luckily I only paid about $150 for the year.

markb1162
4/2/19

He harmony gladly took my money but did not honour the agreement we had of six months I paid for three months with a three month free trial and only received my first three months had zero dates it was an expensive scam

richardd536
4/1/19

Its 3 times the cost of most other dating sites with no better results.60yr olds are damaged goods,

donnac466
4/1/19

I signed up on Eharmony a few years ago and I had a good experience but I signed up again last month and it is a total waste of money and time. There have been no real matches that I have received and alot of the matches that I am receiving have been the same people that I received a few years ago when I was on the site.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Donna, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you have not been happy with your matches. Just so you know, unless someone has opened multiple accounts (which is a violation of our Terms and Conditions), it's actually not possible to matched with the same person more than once. If your account was never closed from a few years ago, you may just be seeing those old matches on your Match list since they were never blocked. We'd be more than happy to take a look at your account and also try and help resolve whatever other match concerns you have. Please just email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email on your account and include the details of your concerns.
daveg206
3/19/19

eHarmon works but you need to give it time. Its the same for all the really good sites though; wejustfit.com, match, etc, etc, etc. You have to be patient or you will get nowhere fast.

rickh258
3/18/19

First question, what are you passionate about. I have a paragraph. The ones that I am matched to, barely a complete sentence. One was most passionate about "stuff". Not many have taken the questionnaire, which make me question how do they do the compatibility?
Of those, many of which are way outside my commute range. (If you live in a metropolitan area, you will understand that 20 miles in a straight line is not 20 miles)
The one person I met on this go around, was definitely outside of what I was looking for.
I also did the 3 month stuck with it, to find that in the third month, no contacts, smiles or anything. For over $200, I may have had greater expectation.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Rick, thank you for your feedback. Please know that the first thing every registered member takes is the Relationship Questionnaire which is the primary means of matching. I believe you're referring to the Q&A section from within each matches profile. That is an optional section which is just one more way for matches to get to know each other, it has no bearing on matching. We do try to encourage members to create full profiles, some people have a hard time writing about themselves and there always some people who just aren't as invested. If you do find a profile that's not as complete, you can use that as a way to break the ice and ask them more information about that missing or sparse section. Regarding distance In order to establish what matches fall within your distance preference, we start from the center of your zip code, measure to the center of your match’s zip code, and use this parameter as the straightest distance. In other words, if you live on the far edge of your zip code and your matches live on the opposite far edge for their zip codes, it is possible that your matches might be slightly farther away than you expect. If you'd like to discuss this or any other concerns, please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email on your account.
corih6
2/26/19

I just signed up for eHarmony this month and I have two more months until my membership expires. I will NOT sign up again. The main reason is because of the lack of responses from women I have messaged. From what I have seen, if a woman doesn't respond it is very likely that they have not been active on the site. So, I the unsuspecting user thinks that various profiles are active, when in reality they are not. This site is very much a scam, because the developers of eHarmony could easily change this feature to show which users have been active. However, if they change that feature, then that may mean less money for the company. Once users find out who isn't active, they won't waste their time or money. The scheme is quite unfortunate, because it is built on the hope of people finding the love of their life. I would never recommend eHarmony. Not only is the price not worth it, but the site itself could have been created with the user in mind. I have only received messages from 4 women. 3 out of 4 disappeared on me. It didn't quite work out with one woman I messaged due to a disagreement about personal beliefs, but that aside, the message ratio has been quite low. I have received smiles from women I wasn't interested in, and a few looks. Other than that, this site is complete junk! Don't waste your time or money with this.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Cory, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you're dissatisfied with the site after just recently subscribing. Please know that it can take time to start receiving responses. Like anything worthwhile, using eharmony takes time and patience. There may also be other reasons why you might not be getting responses and we'd be happy to see what we can do to maximize your communication potential. Please email us back at membercare@eharmony.com from the email associated with your account.
leanettet3
2/17/19

Their long time "claims" of the alleged 29-point compatibility system are a joke. 90% of the Matches they send you claim "compatible" if you're both Christian or love Rock music, etc. And no way of specifying your age range or location. I got "matched" with men 500 miles away. Such a joke.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Leanette, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you have not been happy with the matches you've received. We do not actually use information on members profiles for matching, that's solely for each member to get to know one another. Matching is based on the Relationship Questionnaire and members Match Settings. You can specify Age range and matching location via your settings. We'd be happy to see what we can do to help improve your experience. Please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your eharmony account.
vivianl70
2/15/19

I joined in January and it has been a month.Spend your money else where.They pick the matches and they are not even compatible to what you want.Please do not waste your time or money here.You will have better luck on Match.com

Tip for consumers: If you want to cancel membership,you have to pay your payments in order to cancel.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Vivian, Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with your matches. The matching process at eharmony is based on our patented 29 Dimensions™ of Compatibility and your personal preferences. First, using your answers from the Relationship Questionnaire, the scientifically-based Compatibility Matching System® identifies individuals with whom you have a great chance for a happy, healthy long-term relationship. Next, we take into account your personal preferences for things like geography, religion, ethnicity, etc. to create a pool of matches for you. If you'd please reach out to us at membercare@eharmony.com, from the email address on your eharmony account, we'd be happy to see what we can do to improve your experience.
cammyp1
2/12/19

Matches say "compatible" yet only 3 of 15 criteria are above 90% hardly compatible! Also its not possible to specify height of your matches. As a tall woman I am not interested in 5'6 men! Waste of time and money.

robertj471
2/12/19

These folks are scam artist with "outs" to not pay refunds. Their refund "out" is that you purchase app and membership with iTunes or android equivalent and they refer you to them and say they have no control over them charging you. Their app, their site, their matches, and their members suck and are either not real or not literally 1 in a 200, unattractive-old-obese. Don't give these scammers give your money or time. I usually never review stuff, I felt highly moved to save people money to the best of my ability. I spent 2 of my 12 months subscription (it was like $150 or so) putting forth lots of effort and time to reach out to over 500 women, and I have replies from like 25, 2-3 of which WERE NOT 10+ years older, very unattractive, and/or morbidly obese. I have reached out to them for a refund over 4 times explaining my plight. I told them about lack of matches, told them I was unsatisfied, that I wanted to stop my year purchase and by refunded remainder of year--they refused, They are cowardly garbage. Not to be used, not to be spoken well of, to be avoided.

karens856
2/11/19

So I mark on my profile "Christian" and I'm sent more "spiritual not religious" as compatible. Are you serious? Worshipping the devil can be spiritual or witch craft also. I'm paired up with guys 15 younger or 20 years older. What a joke. And I do not smoke so don't give me guys that do. Really. I'm not traveling more miles then I put in my profile but too many too far away. Wished I would have read the reviews before signing up.

Response from Carlos R., eHarmony Representative
Dear Karen, my name is Scott and I'm sorry to hear your experience hasn't been what we would all hope for. Please know that we are a site open to members of all Faiths. All members can control which Faiths they are matched with by choosing specific ones and by setting the Importance. If you have the importance set to anything other than "very", then you are allowing the system flexibility to look outside that particular setting. So for your Religion, Age and Smoking preferences, if you have strict requirements, then I'd recommend you set the importance to "very". If you'd like any further help with your settings or any other issues, please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.
stacyj53
2/11/19

I have been on a few dating websites. I like trying different ones because you meet more people.
I signed up for the year subscription because I have had pretty good experiences on different websites as far as meeting people but have not found nothing serious.

I was on eharmony for a month. I had 4 smiles of which 3 looked like they could be my grandfather. One looked in my age range so I smiled back but never even said high.

I gave it 1 month which is a reasonable time frame to see how it will go. Then I contacted customer service to cancel my subscription. First I got an automated reply saying give it 2 weeks. I responded telling they to read my email. Then I got a response saying that if I'm not satisfied I can respond with specialist in the subject line. So I did.
I get a set response saying I waited to long. I would have had to cancel in the 3 day time frame.

This was the worst dating site experience I have had.

ginat68
2/6/19

Join eHarmony and received 33 matches; however not one of them was current. To find out if they are current, they will have a dot behind their name. How do you make a match when there is no one available on the site. Why pay a monthly fee when they have no current matches for you. Was very disappointed because I thought this was the premier site and was paying a premium membership fee. On the plus side... called and was given a full refund of my membership.

tracyt113
2/4/19

I joined eharmony about a year ago. There were a few interests both on my part, and on guys. But nothing came of it. After answering all those questions, not one date. I started to believe it was me. Then I signed up on another dating site that is free. I got so many messages, flirts and intetests. I think eharmony is blocking their members from connecting so they can make more money. Think about it, if you find love in a week, you will unsubscribe and they won't have as many members at once. I'm looking elsewhere. This was so disappointing! Please don't waste your money with any dating sites. Remember; it's a business and their first goal is to get our money

kyliec18
2/1/19

eHarmony SUCKS!!! So you find someone, so you want to close your account. Yep, you have to keep paying off your account for however long you signed up!! So much for creating matches and relationships!! Complete crap. They only care about the money. It is crazy.

pdfj
1/3/19

been watching tv and have seen at least 4 e harmony commercials-and the girls they are using look no more than 16yrs old. are they catering to pedophiles

634 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't do eHarmony. Try Plenty of Fish, OurTime, Match.com. If I could give them less than one star I would.

By Tim L.

No. They won't refund you.

By c g.

On your profile where you get asked questions like whats your fav movie and so on. replace any answers you have already left with offensive language which in turn will violate their terms and conditions and they will have no option than to close your account. as for getting a refund good luck.

By Ian B.

I called my credit card company because I cancelled within the three day grace period. Eharmony tried to say I had waited too long and therefore would be no refund. My credit card company disputed the charges, my account was credited and I was just notified that the dispute has been approved. No more eharmony charges. Hoe things work out for you.

By Katie M.

You could go to bingo and see if you meet someone there.

By Rob k.

use a pre paid credit card and only load the amount of the subscription you want onto the card, works every time and they NEVER get your real bank info

By anon a.

Rather than asking the company to cancel subscription remove there source of payment. If payment by credit card: Tell credit card company your card is lost and ask for new one. The new account number should stop renewal. Using a checking account: Ask bank for assistance.Good Luck!

By Daniel B.

Eharmonys phone help did everything possible to deny me any satisfaction or compromise. Truly an awful experience. I ended up complaining to my credit card company. PLEASE.. If you had a bad or unethical experience, complain so that there are fewer victims of such nasty, predatory companies.

By Charles M.

By Daniel B.

E harmony is a total fraud, use any other dating site

By anon a.
Questions? Get answers from the eHarmony staff and other customers.

5 Photos for eHarmony