Review of eHarmony

domainadmin@eharmony.com
2017 Customer choice award

tonys199
12/7/17

eHarmony claims to have a sophisticated matching algorithm that considers a lot of psychological questions. I doubt that the responses of these questions are being used at all. I have used eHarmony for about a year and I can assure that there matching algorithm is simply "if we can't find any body that meets his/her preferences, just send him/her 10 - 15 random matches just in case even if they don't meet his/her preferences at all". Don't waste your time and money on this site. It is over priced for nothing. This site doesn't give you the choice to look up matches yourself. And seriously it doesn'tt even consider you search preferences at all. It will send you a number of matches every morning and usully most of matches you receive every morning will have soemthing in common (e.g., today most matches are from the East Coast, tomorrow most matches are all from Colorado, a week ago most matches are from one ethnicity or , and so on) I don't think they truly send matches based on preferences. They just want to send you 10- 15 matches regardless to make it sound like a useful site. This site doesn't respect physical preferences such as height for instance.
Also it is VERY expensive and that discourages people from being paid members. It may allow unpaid members to send and receive questions and their pre-selected answers only without allowing them to view the picture of the other matches. The question is, how would that help? what's the point of just answering some MCQ without even knowing how the person I am answering her MCQ's look like?
Save your money.

sandram214
12/3/17

First and foremost, it doesn't allow you the ability to choose. If you're picky about dates, and a guy's attractive qualities, you're going to be sorely disappointed because the men seem to be entitled on this site. Maybe because they're paying for it, and they think that jumps their game up quite a bit.
It seems like the ones in your league don't choose you because they're trying to go out of their league, and the ones that are unattractive are all of the ones trying to connect with you. You only get like 1-3 new ones a day, and that's all you have. It was not good, and to be quite frank, I think unattractive men without any game go there thinking they're going to find their wives and also someone good looking too.

janneyr
11/18/17

I wish I had read the reviews before I signed up for this service. The "matches" I've been sent don't coincide with my preferences--at all. The few men who have contacted me are not people I would ever consider dating, primarily because of our very different socioeconomic circumstances and education levels. I have two master's degrees. I'd have little in common with a retired house painter. They all, without exception, very obviously lied about their respective ages, as well. "I'm 59." (No--you're much closer to 70. Your liver spots, bad toupee, and oversized false teeth give you away.) Oh--and beware of the Nigerian scammers, who will, at some point, come calling.

jasonm276
11/16/17

i joined eH for a lil'while and got myself a subscription which i stopped using after 6 weeks because had mulitiple accounts on several dating sites and found a nice girl on mingle2day. totally forgot about my eH membership. after a while the woman i dated turned out to be a freak and we broke up again. It ended before it even started. Went back to mingle2day and eH and used both sites simultaneously again. turns out that there are very interesting members on eH and i already arranged a few dates.

brendaj53
11/15/17

Same faces over the past ten months, the matches were not within my preference guidelines, waste of money..

joanj22
11/14/17

No service. Provided 4 matches in month versus daily elsewhere. By time you find out can't cancel. Very rude. Don't waste your time or money.

lindag239
11/12/17

Big rip off. Majority of males are scammers.
Dont join if youre smart! Ads must be bogus.
They say they cant control scammers which is true
but I ran into one who was an expert.

claudiaa25
11/6/17

i forgot the password and the site NEVER sent me a link so i am paying for something i am not using. they just tdo not answer...

lisaw300
11/5/17

I should have looked for reviews but instead I lost money. What a joke! I have nothing nice to say! Just take the majority's advice, don't waste your money!

matthewn39
11/4/17

I set up a profile it showed my blurred out pics of many woman in my area but when I paid for the 6 month subscription I was then surprised to see only 10 and now I can't deactivate my account until they take the full amount of the 6 months which is 3 payments of like $30 I set up the profile and wanted to cancel on same day. A complete waste of almost $90 of which I can't stop them from taking total ripoff.

hughb11
11/3/17

why does e harmony resort to paying spammers to send ads that are annoying me daily. I would never use anything that employs spammers. anyone reading this.... NEVER buy anything, or any service that pays spammers to fill e-mail boxes with un-wanted ads. only an unethical company would use this method.

samanthab105
11/1/17

Matches ya right this site should be removed, it just takes your money no option to cancel. This is a get rich for this company; you cant freely speak to anyone and the matches they choose are so left of my right. Match you up because you like dogs or worse because only if you say you dont drink they force you find a drinker because that makes you more attractive ya maybe if I drank a gallon of alcohol would I find this site worth it. Please dont blow your money on eharmony!!!!

colettep6
10/29/17

I'm getting men with high school education, while I have a master's, people hundreds of miles away, people with nothing in common...and I don't understand. I can't hide people or block people because the site won't let me, and I can't give feedback or get help. A waste of time and money!!

joshw72
10/23/17

Eharmony prides itself on finding matches for YOU! However, I get women 20 years out of my age range, 200 miles away, and nothing like I'm am looking for! There million $ commercials are ridiculous. I'm not a picky guy and opened up my ranges, for better exposure and still no remotely close matches. I would not suggest this to a friend or foe. Plus, I'm only 4 months into my subscription. NOT ADVISED!!

natashar37
10/20/17

Trust me. Dont waste your money. There is always a risk of untruthful subscribers BUT I believe it is Eharmony who creates fake connections and communications for you so that you think there are positive outcomes. Then they terminate these profiles all of a sudden and wont disclose why.

elie221
10/17/17

I spent two months on the service only to find zero matches because there were no matches that shared with my views on not drinking alcohol. I contacted them and told them I was receiving no matches and was not receiving any value for the money I was spending and asked for them to cancel the six month contract. They refused . What a scam. Any conscious business would graciously agree to cancel a contract for something someone had found no value in their service.

jills88
10/16/17

I get about one match a week which consists of about 3 sentences...maybe. One didn't even have a photo. With all the hype and money they spend on ads to get you hooked I expected wayyy more. Don't do it...

islandg1
Lesley d.
10/14/17

Eharmony doesn't work like other sites where it shows you only a few matches every few days which can be a good thing, makes you think it was a well thought out process. I have to say that a lot of times I wonder why they consider a person a match like if you both like dogs, as another reviewer wrote, doesn't necessarily mean you have the chops to make it as a couple. I did meet (online) more normal good people on this site than on plenty of fish or okay cupid. So I would say yes, the filtration process for creeps is much better still not a very successful way to meet someone I believe. The consumer service is super crappy as "per terms and agreements" seems to be their only response to any dissatisfied customer. You can pay for a membership but can never opt out until your time runs out. Super crappy. So I'm thinking, well a year is a long time, so if I have a boyfriend, I'm meant to just stay on this site until the time runs out? That's just a fight waiting to happen but hey, maybe that's what they want, just to keep you on eharmony forever *shudder*. It doesn't seem like they really care about the users on the site actually finding love. It feels like they just want your money and put more focus into how they can keep a continuous income from people than actually helping people find a love match they can grow a relationship with. It feels much more catered to the first steps of dating than actually establishing something. Also, some profiles seem to be created by the company to entice you to stay on. Sounds like a heavy accusation but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. Eharmony is that frenemy you don't need in your life that says they want you to succeed but will do anything to keep you where they want you to be. Well, if anything, it's good practice for getting yourself out there and having those epiphanies that help you move to the next real thing. Thanks for the life lessons, eharmony. Definitely looking forward to deleting my account and not looking back. Also, be aware of the automatic subscriptions! If you don't actually go turn this off, they will keep automatically charging you and you won't be able to ever get out. Hotel freaking California, man. Proceed cautiously.

lindak155
10/14/17

I read the reviews here and agree with those with one star. eHarmony IS a scam. I subscribed for 3 months, but hardly received any matches; 2 matches in a month! I live in a city of 750,000 people, yet they could not find me enough number of matches. I asked for refund, since they didn't provide the service I paid for, but they refused. Wasted lots of money and time. They should NOT be doing business if they don't have enough members in this city.

toniw26
10/11/17

sorry to say but im not that taken by eHarmony. So far ive tried it, wejustfit.com and tinder (yuk) and eHarmony wouldnt take the top slot at this point. Maybe it will get better with time but its been a while already and even though two dates arent bad (the ladies were lovely and we're going to stay friends) im just not taken by it all. Keep your options open, that's my advice folks :-)

hudsons17
10/5/17

I am single and I am sick of it! Being single sucks so I started using several dating sites (eHarmony, Mingle2day, EliteSingles, Tinder) and this would be my second pick after Mingle2day. Even though eHarmony sure ain't perfect it seems like a decent dating site. Many members, easy to use, only the sign up process takes forever, like 20-30 minutes to go through dozens of questions. But they all make sense somehow. 4Stars!

mariaw93
10/3/17

You will lose time and money on this site. The matches are terrible and you they trick you into auto enrolling and will not give you your money back even though you do not use there service and have deactivated and closed your account. Stay away from this terrible site!

scotts296
9/27/17

eHarmony is a really super. The app is fab and there are a lot of real people on their witch is halve the battle. I would put it up theyre with wejustfit.com as one of the main internet dating sites for finding a relationship with some one who is also looking for serios love.

nicholass64
9/23/17

Unlike other sites, Eharmony delivers the matches to you, and you choose from that, it does a great job at matching common interests and character traits, but does a HORRIBLE job on appearance, it leaves appearance out of the equation, delivering woman who are WAY overweight and very UN-Attractive.. I'm 57, 140, slim and I take care of myself, the few ladies I find that are physically similar, most don't reply, they don't even view my profile, leaving me to believe that many members are NOT active, And EHarmony conveniently leaves out the time stamp when a member is last active, most dates have this!, but not EHarmony!

karenr122
9/18/17

I signed up for eharmony in April 2017. Since then I have received very few "matches." The site keeps saying I need to expand the distance parameters. I live in Albuquerque, a city of 500,00 and can't believe that the site cannot find me someone close to home. Santa Fe is 45 minutes away and some men I have contacted are not interested in traveling that far. In every case but one, I have had to make the initial contact. I have since gone to Ourtime.com and met a wonderful man within the first month. And that site resulted in many dates, all of whom made the initial contact. I posted the same profile and pictures on both eharmony and ourtime by the way. I have kept the eharmony open out of curiosity to see if I receive any response and so far there has been only a few new matches with no communication from any of them.

634 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No. They won't refund you.

By c g.

On your profile where you get asked questions like whats your fav movie and so on. replace any answers you have already left with offensive language which in turn will violate their terms and conditions and they will have no option than to close your account. as for getting a refund good luck.

By Ian B.

I called my credit card company because I cancelled within the three day grace period. Eharmony tried to say I had waited too long and therefore would be no refund. My credit card company disputed the charges, my account was credited and I was just notified that the dispute has been approved. No more eharmony charges. Hoe things work out for you.

By Katie M.

E harmony is a joke no matter what age you are, the site is a fraud

By anon a.

use a pre paid credit card and only load the amount of the subscription you want onto the card, works every time and they NEVER get your real bank info

By anon a.

Rather than asking the company to cancel subscription remove there source of payment. If payment by credit card: Tell credit card company your card is lost and ask for new one. The new account number should stop renewal. Using a checking account: Ask bank for assistance.Good Luck!

By Daniel B.

Eharmonys phone help did everything possible to deny me any satisfaction or compromise. Truly an awful experience. I ended up complaining to my credit card company. PLEASE.. If you had a bad or unethical experience, complain so that there are fewer victims of such nasty, predatory companies.

By Charles M.

By Daniel B.
Questions? Get answers from the eHarmony staff and other customers.

eHarmony?