Review of Dr. Leonard's

Tel: 1-800-785-0880
gporto@drleonards.com

barbaraw361
3/25/19

took $ 14.95 from my bank .... and will not return to me - do NOT buy anything they are so BAD and WRONG - Stay Away Never

pamelag168
3/1/19

I called to check on my return status, spoke with customer service, she kept repeating what she saw in her system, I'm telling her what the USP service is showing in there system that my package had been delivered on Feb 27, 2019 @10:51 am, she couldn't answer any of my questions and continue to repeat herself about what she see on her end. So, I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, she refused me three times, became rude and when I told her I was going to file a complaint about her services/lack there of, she completely stopped talking, just silence. She didn't hang up because the time was still adding up. I hung up called right back, told the rep what had happened, she quickly looked my info up and told mw my refund was being process and it will be added within two weeks. At first I was told it wasn't showing up as returned in their system, but a minute later it's being process. Yeah, I bet it is now. Terrible shipping method, took too long to receive my orders, rude, unprofessional customer service (some, not all). They will never get my money again

jana87
12/17/18

They do not add sales tax for PA residents - so that YOU the buyer will later have to claim your internet purchase with the IRS. A lot more hassle than what it is worth. If they want our business - they can't charge us UPFRONT.

Side note: customer service, I believe was in a foreign country, when I called she immediately attempted to get me to buy a membership of some sort. I told her I did not have the time (medical issues). I placed my order and she AGAIN attempted to get me to buy into some sort of deal, I had to tell her yet again, I don't have the time, THEN she gave me my confirmation number.

Not worth the hassle when I can get a lot of the same items from Boscov's, Ollies etc.

The item I ordered: solar curtains: they were FOLDED up and have ugly small folds the entire length, these folds ALSO damaged the film because you can see sunlight along those creases. Will NOT use them for the business windows they were bought for. Am now using in an attic or on windows where they will NOT be seen. Wish we had read ALL the BAD reviews on this item - would NOT have bought them.

nonen18
12/10/18

My 87 year-old dad asked me to order some items for my mom for Christmas. The catalog itself didn't give me a good feeling. Appears very cheap, as well as the items within it. Upon attempting to order online, my second red flag was the web site being unsecured, which is a big no-no when ordering online. Then, when I tried placing an item in the cart, my computer security program wouldn't allow that option. So, I decided to read some reviews about the company, and thanks to all of you before me, I will heed your warnings & not deal with this company. I will find the items elsewhere. Thanks a ton!!

jessicah331
10/8/18

I ordered several items from my Dr. Leonard's catalog. One item was wrong. I had ordered a recliner cover, they sent a chair cover. When I called they told me It was my mistake, that I had ordered the wrong item. I tried to explain that I had ordered the recliner cover, but they were Very rude and disrespectful and argued over and over that it was my mistake. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he to said it was my mistake, my fault. They even said there was maybe miscommunication because of language differences. I told them I will be sending everything back. I don't want to have anything to do with a company that is rude and disrespectful to their customers. If it were possible, they would not get any stars.

md174
7/19/18

I received a catalog in the mail period and with no thought I set it down on the table. my five-year-old child brings me the magazine a little while later. ask me mommy what is thas? and there is a huge dildo ! thanks a lot $#*!s

margiet14
6/26/18

My 83 year old mother was conned into signing up for a monthly subscription service while ordering an item. She has a 6th grade education and does not have the ability to discern an upsell. They told her she would get sales and special pricing, however, she only has bought 2 items ever and would never have a need for a monthly discount. When you deal with older adults you need to be careful and have ethics that prevent you from taking advantage of those who are not capable of understanding the new Internet scamming ways. Shame on you!

sharonh177
4/4/18

Over the years I have ordered several items from Dr. Leonard's catalog with little to no problems. However, I recently ordered a sofa saver and dryer balls from them. When the order arrived I had just the sofa saver. I called the company only to be continually put on hold for " 1 or 2 minutes" which turned out to be 5-6 minutes. I explained that I never received the dryer balls and asked if they were being shipped separately. The person on the phone asked me "are you sure they were not included" to which I told her that I wasn't blind that I could see they were not in the box and I wasn't in the habit of defrauding businesses over dryer balls. She said she would put in an order for them to resend them. The next day I checked and found that they had debited my card for $2.90. I called again and was told that the price was different that what it was when I ordered them. After 20 minutes of explaining that this was not my mistake that I refused to pay more for them. This person continued to say that the original price was incorrect when I placed my order. Again I reminded her that it was their error not mine and that I would not pay extra. as I had a receipt from them with the price less a 15% discount. They were to be expedited to me in 2-3 days without this charge. However, the next day I find another charge of .90 on my card. I called again to asked them why was their another charge since I had already paid up front for the items and again I would not be paying anything additional. I ended up speaking with a "supervisor" who said she would refund the .90 cents but that it would take 5-7 days. She could not tell me what the .90 charge was for so I asked her if this is what they do to customers who are trying to get them to correct their mistakes. I asked the "supervisor" if this was my penalty for letting them know they made a mistake by not including the full order. I also let her know that I was expecting a refund for both the amounts taken without my express permission and I did not want to wait 5-7 days for a refund as it only took them 1 day to take the funds from my card. I asked them to remove me from their catalog mailing list but today I received another of their catalogs. All I can say now is watch out people if you order from them and they screw up that you may pay for each time that you contact them to get their mistake corrected.

carole498
2/15/18

I ordered bras and they finally got here today. Tried to put one one, and it was FAR too small for me. I had ordered a 36 in. bra, and the ones I got today were all of 30 inches! They were marked on the tags as 36 but nowhere near there! I will NOT be ordering any more items from these people, and will tell all my friends about this terrible place and NOT to use it in any way, shape, or form!

brendacheryll
9/16/17

I received a catalogue telling me I had pre-approved credit through Shop Now Pay Later. This is the same credit I have with the Carol Wright catalogue. When I tried to place an order online, the payment option did not include the credit plan. I called the number on the web site. Long story short, I was told if I wanted to use the credit plan I would have to place my order by phone. If I wanted free shipping, my ebates rewards and the 10% discount I would have to use a credit card. I am very disappointed. They lost a $50 order and will not be given a second chance by me. I can get the same merchandise from Carol Wright. I just have to wait for it to offer free shipping again.

bg66
7/31/17

Since I placed one order via this unscrupulous reseller of cheap crap, I have received countless catalogs from other such peddlers such as:

Harriett Carter
Starcrest of California
Worldwide Herbals
Heartland of America.

A Starcrest representative confirmed that my info was obtained from Dr Leonard's. After a quick Google search I found they use a company called "Exact Data" out of Chicago to sell YOUR name and address to others. I contacted them and was given several quotes for lists.

I have had to call each one of these "catalogs" to get my name and address removed from their mailing lists. Unless you want to receive unwanted catalogs of cheap, crappy items stay away from this company. Your name is worth more to them than the profit from any order you place.

christinab100
7/18/17

Stay away from this place! I called to place a order after going to their website and the website said the price of my order was $30.44 but when i tried to place the order over the phone they jacked the price up by almost $10.00! Plus they can not at all speak a lick of English.

Tip for consumers: Just do not shop here!!! They jack the price up with all these hidden fees. Wish I could give these people a zero!

chrisv50
3/27/17

I ordered curtains thru Dr Leonards, and the customer service was great, and order came quickly. Product was as advertised, loved the curtains, website easy to navigate.

martyp12
6/20/16

More than a scam, it is a bait and switch . If my mother had called to place an order, she would have purchased stuff .....they just kept peddling more stuff. Don't let this happen to your loved one!

stanc33
4/25/16

The only things "free" about Dr. Leonard's so-called free shipping is the freedom with which they abuse the English language and deceive people- many of them elderly.
They advertise free shipping but then add on $3.95 for "handling" and $1.95 for "priority service" and "replacement".
What? -no charges for using their website?
This is NOT what is meant by free shipping at most other web sites and catalogs.
People should complain about these add on or hidden fees and misleading come-ons.

karly18
4/22/16

cheap staff that don't show poor quality on their catalog photos

angelag28
2/18/15

They claim free shipping but charge you for "handling" and "priority" (though their shipping is not fast) and something for "handling returns" whether you return a product or not. It all adds up to shipping charges. Why they want to tell customers an obvious lie, who knows, but says a lot about how they treat customers and their honesty.

tanimas
11/1/13

Good price and quality. Excellent customer service

mikeg36
4/25/12

I've been ordering from this company for years, long before they were on the web. They are a long-standing direct mail ordering house. They feature personal care products and health supplies. They're prices are very reasonable. But, be wary, some of the items are downright cheap! Yet, they can be selling some real gems on occasion. If your ordering an item and it goes onto backorder, be prepared to wait. They'll get the item to you, eventually, from my experience or send a coupon or voucher. They are a bit slow on sending items out, but, one can request expedited service(by telephone).

sherylb2
4/9/11

Pretty cool site, they take a while to ship though.

You should never give out personal identifying information my friend neither on web forums like this, nor over the phone (unless you're calling that party directly, after first carefully checking that the phone number you're calling is really the company in question). Caller ID's for incoming phone calls can be faked, so you can't be sure where the call is from. There are so many scams out there, especially regarding the elderly. Protect your personal information.

By Stan C.

Questions? Get answers from the Dr. Leonard's staff and other customers.

Dr. Leonard's?