Review of SpinLife

Tel: 1-800-850-0335
customerservice@spinlife.com

rebeccam519
5/14/19

From the beginning I have had to suffer dangerous footplate issues. Their response time for help is extremely slow for how dangerous this is. Footplates constantly loosen and will not stay tight in order to remain up. My legs don't work hence wheelchair. So I transferring around down plate or even plates. One leg has multiple bruises. Thankful no open sore or blood clots. See pic.

drewh55
4/18/19

I swear I wish my mother would have never purchased from this company. She ordered a chair and within 2 months of using this chair it was starting to breakdown. She is 80 years old and spent over 1500 dollars for this chair. The item came November 2018. By January 30th 2019 we needed it to be repaired. I called in early February 2019 to order this part. It finally came in early March.

Great! Now to get it installed.

I called them NUMEROUS times throughout the entirety of March to be told that "a service tech would call me soon" That never happened.

Finally in early April I got a response after becoming pretty heated with them. The scheduled a guy to come out and he did.

He spent about 3 hours at my house fixing the chair, and I honestly believed he tried his best to rectify the situation. This was around April 10, 2019.

He no sooner left when the next few days the chair started acting up. But way more violently. It was like slipping gears now, and jerking motions. My mother is almost an invalid and is quite fragile.

I immediately called Spinlife to ONCE AGAIN get the run around. "We'll call you right back." This has not happened. I have called them every day since Monday April 15th, 2019 and RE-EXPLAIN the situation over and over and over. They 'politely' listen and say...We'll get back to you in a few hours... THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

This is a terrible company in my experience and I do not recommend them in the slightest. I would go elsewhere if I were you.

sherrellt2
4/12/19

I purchases a spitfire scout 4 by drive Medical $699.99 No shipping fee, No taxes that great.
They did not send me a receipt for my purchase. I had to call the next day for a purchase receipt.
I return the scooter, it did not accommodate my left leg unable to use it. I return it to the
Manufacture direct. I email to let them know the scooter is at the manufacture ask how long will it take to receive my refund 3 -4 week that's a awful long time. I'ts 4 week now and NO refund.

amye107
Amy E.
4/2/19

I would like to commend Mr. Wilson, who helped me yesterday with my order of 2 extra wheels for a wheelchair (that I bought from you in March 2019 but unfortunately arrived damaged via a following shipment to Venezuela). When I explained that the person in need of the wheelchair could not use it until the new wheel was ordered, Mr. Wilson was very patient, helpful and knowledgeable and quickly helped me find the correct wheels. I am very grateful to him and

larryd209
3/25/19

They were very good with helping return and replacing a new rollator I purchased from them. The first one was jammed in lock position. I didn't have to pay for return shipping. I had a Drive rollator that didn't hold up at all. Tried their Invacare rollator and it seems to be a lot more sturdy, a higher quality rollator. Am very pleases with the product and the service of spin life!!!

terryl211
2/19/19

Ordered a supplement 11-24-18. After a month went by I tried to call them several times. The 800 number is a joke..you just hear advertisements! No one answers the regular phone, it just goes straight to voice mail . They do not respond to emails.

jt173
11/10/18

I followed their return policy to the T and still can't seem to get a refund/credit for the item that was returned. They received the item a month ago and I have placed two calls to them and still have not received the refund for the returned item.

shirleym187
11/6/18

My blind, paraplegic son ordered a bed from this company, after talking with the sales rep a number of time making him familiar with all of the problems he has getting in and out of bed.
Bed was delivered plus the hand rails which we did not see a picture of, the rails are useless to him as they are not steady enough, they give every time he grabs hold of one and the mattress sold to him is not firm enough on the edges to support his transfer board, he has fallen twice while trying to get into bed, I have tried to contact the company, but get no response to my emails, we are not satisfied with this bed al all and will not recommend this company or their products at all; they are taking advantage of the disabled.

juanu7
11/1/18

I purchase a HD lifter 2 years ago for more the 3 thousand dollars plus installation (300)
I was driving when the unit broke, company only cover for parts now I have to expend additional 300 dollars in labor for a unit hat is suppose to last over 10 years.
The frame is warp the HARMAR motor/actuator is a chip product that for no reason CAN'T be used ANY MORE in any unit.
Please don't used any product from SpinLIfe or Harmar Not recommend it stay away from them.

cherylt123
10/22/18

If you have mobility issues. And are considering getting a scooter or wheel chair or any other product this company makes.
Go somewhere else, but don't go to spin lift. On a 1200. Scooter. They charge you 20% restocking fee as well as almost 300. to return the scooter. 240. restocking fee. That's half the price that it cost. Don't do. They sell cheap junk. Impossible to even get off the email list.

cpf1
9/24/18

After researching for over two years I finally chose edrive 19 because there is NO WAY to actually touch one of these to test drive NO SHOW ROOM ANYWHERE
For years I have enjoyed my two GO-GO'S but ground clearance has limited access to many places, including my uneven lawn.
Ordering this way is quite leap of faith Edrive19 was too tall, too tippy, too fast for my 5' 120lb self
Turns out that to return it costs. $400 plus $200 restocking fee and additional charge to rewrap! $600 test drive! NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY bad customer relations, "sorry, we only sell " No spinlife ever again

hjw
8/25/18

I picked out a wheelchair to order from them. The website said they would answer questions a customer had when ordering a chair. I sent an email with questions about sizing and measurements. They never responded. Will take my business and money elsewhere. Now that I see the other reviews, I think I got away lucky!

debs143
8/24/18

I called spin life to order a wheelchair for my 94-year-old mother and my problems all begin there. On their recommendation, I ordered a basic style and the first one came in a 16 inch instead of the 18 inch that I ordered. On top of that they charged me for two wheelchairs. It took me over two months to get them to credit me for the wheelchairs. I then found out the right wheelchair and ordered that from them. In the end I did order a wheelchair from them but had to send both of the wrong ones back. They would only pay for the shipping charges on one of them. It cost my mother $89 through federal express to ship back the second round one. After many phone calls, I think I finally have gotten my four credits but I'm still out $89. Wow Kimberly, one of the representatives , Was very kind and understanding I'd never do business with these people again. They always act like they have no idea what you're talking about and for some reason they don't seem to be able to keep track of what they're doing in their transactions. Don't do business with this company.

douglasj47
8/2/18

I bought a scooter and 2 weeks later it broke! Sent a part and 2 IDIOTS to repair it. They acted like they had never seen a scooter before! Completely unprofessional! Some moron named Brandon Self with Delta Accessibility. No email No website. Have yet to return my phone calls or messages. STAY AWAY!!

pjb15
7/25/18

Horrid customer service!!! Rude people. Paying for the "service" contract (was told it would cover ANY problems).was waste of $. They have excuses why they won't cover anything. Then want to charge $375 for an electrical cord. Several other residents of our assisted living facility have also had terrible problems with Spinlife. I contacted Better Business Bureau and Golden technologies about this company. You should too!

Tip for consumers: Don't order from spin life. Review warranty before you buy. Contact manufacturer and BBB. Be prepared for poor service!

annetteb83
6/12/18

Products are fine but if you need to have your product serviced, be prepared for a lengthy process. The issue seems to be communication between the customer service department and sub-contractor company that actually performs the service. The service tech came out, evaluated what he needed and submitted the request for parts to SpinLife. The parts then got shipped to my father-in-law but when the service tech came out again, one of the parts he needed was not shipped. Communicated this to SpinLife and again, wrong part shipped again-chair still not working. Finally, after much back and forth, the right part got shipped and installed. Parts should go to the service company not the customer as we never got an invoice as to what was being ordered so how do you know you have the right parts? Fortunately, we did not have to pay for the botched service call (parts under warranty but still $179 for service call) but that was because we complained about this whole comedy of errors. The customer service department gives the impression that they will call back but in reality, I left numerous messages throughout this whole process (about a month,calling almost everyday) and got maybe two returned calls. Those occurred at the end of this experience so basically a month of frustration and stress. Don't be fooled by the BBB rating; read the customer reviews rating on the BBB site, 68% negative, and then decide for yourself.

lindab474
4/19/18

Sorry this is long but it all happened! On Friday 3/16 ordered a power wheel chair. Never received a confirmation email. Called Monday 3/20 and was told they would send one. Late 3/20 got confirmation email where my billing address and phone number correct BUT shipping address was some street called Widget Lane and city and state Walnut Creek Ca. I live in Wisconsin! 3/21 I called Spinlife got a person told her wrong shipping address. She implied I must have gave them that address which of course I didnt! She said too bad I would have to wait till it got to California then it would be another week to ship back to Wisconsin! I suggested they ship me new one from Florida as i would have in 3 days. No they said they couldnt do that . By this time I had appointment to have a lift in my van and now no chair to take to appointment! Also I was leaving on a vacation 4/1. Followed up around 3/28 and found out chair was lost in California and they would have to ship new one to me from Florida like I had suggested earlier! I told them they had to ship to me at my vacation hotel and have someone unpack it and set it up! They did agree to do that. A white glove tech was assigned and he called me when he got the chair and said it had a flat damaged tire and he had to order new one from Florida! He did what he said and finally on 4/6 he delivered my chair to me at around 7:30pm CST at my hotel. Because I didnt have chair when my lift was installed I asked him to make sure chair fit on the lift in my van! It did NOT! Couldnt close hatchback as chair was too high. All this waiting and now I cant use it cause have to send it back! So called Spinlife told them I need to send back as the information I was given said my van, the lift I bought and the chair I had were all compatible but the chair was too high! They said not their problem and they would refund all but the $600+ restocking fee even though I had done everything right in checking the van, lift and chair were compatible. I am now 2 days away from the end of my vacation and they are suppose to send a company to get the chair tomorrow and i feel Spinlife is being unfair about charging me this huge fee for a chair I couldn't use! I even talked to Spinlife president Lisa Stein and although she said she was sorry she agrees with her staff I have to pay them the huge restocking fee! Unbelievable poor customer service! I am thinking of going to a local paper or TV station and see if they will get this story out! Dont order from this Company they are not reliable and very unfair!!!!

bernardf16
3/9/18

WARRANTY IS USELESS. SERVICE TAKES FOREVER.
DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE.

I WOULD LOVE TO ORGANIZE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM!!!

sandym122
11/21/17

Forget customer service. Was told ____(name withheld) would call 11/21 about my power chair order. No response and rude staff.

edwardb127
11/9/17

Have been very happy with my experience with No Excuse Medical. These people know their products and I have found them to have the equipment in their store so if you ask a question they know the answer or will find it out while you are on the phone. Call the 704-873-9000

caryc20
10/21/17

I ordered my scooter on 10/06 they charged my account and it's now 10/21 & I still don't have my scooter. Neither Spinlife or their carrier have responded to my efforts to contact them. I now want to cancel my order & never do business with them again. They still haven't responded to me so I can't even cancel my order and get a refund so I can buy from somebody else. We're talking nearly $3,400!

seanw69
7/17/17

I bought a mobility scooter for my mum less than 8 months ago. It's a Zip'r Roo 3-Wheel by Zip'r Mobility. The product is garbage and the customer service is rude and useless. The scooter has presented issues from day 1 and it has now finally stopper working all together. After various calls (all over 15/20 mins) to see if we could get help, they just kept on hanging up, I've given up. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

michelew38
7/6/17

Please do NOT use this company for your medical equipment needs . I am a clinical rehab specialist and have clients who have purchased inappropriate equipment that does not meet their needs. This company charges exorbitant restocking and shipping fees for returned items . Extremely unethical with no professional personnel on staff that can advise you on your specific requirements and equipment needs.
Please do not use.

lauriew35
4/20/17

There are a few really nice people working here but as far as getting anything done properly, they are among the worst I've seen. Incomplete orders (missing parts), extremely long wait times for resolution to problems and usually requiring multiple attempts to even get the ball rolling. I do NOT recommend their mattresses either. Only been sleeping on it a couple of weeks and it's already broken down in the middle (I only weigh 140!). Customer service is terrible also. It's like pulling teeth to get them to call you back. Apparently they don't have anyone that actually answers the phone so you just have to wait... and wait... and wait.... You get the idea. Stay away from this company!!

sonjaf3
2/16/17

I purchased a lift recliner with the heat and massage feature. I paid for white glove delivery and got a one man setup. He was not familiar with the chair and attached the back on an angle. Another person had to come to set up the recliner correctly. The vinyl is so flimsy that I had to buy a slip cover to prevent tears from even intermittent use. The massage feature is just noise. I cannot feel it, nor the heat. I wish that I had gone to my local recliner store and purchased a better quality recliner for $400.00.

Questions? Get answers from the SpinLife staff and other customers.

1 Photo for SpinLife