1-800Wheelchair.com reviews

Tel: 1-800-Wheelchair (1-800-320-7140)
info@1800wheelchair.com

marcush50
12/7/17

The company that packaged and shipped my wheelchair cushion sent the wrong size so I contacted them. They were very nice and apologetic. They stated that I needed to contact 1800 Wheelchair since I purchased it on-line then they would send me out the correct item. I called 1800Wheelchair and the rep said how do you know did you measure it? I stated that it was the wheelchair manufacture specs and she then responded but did you measure it? Later after a lengthy bombardment excuses she said that they don't give refunds on cushions.( understandable but it was not my error so i am out of 160.00)

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... Very sorry for the difficulty. Please email me your order number and I'll investigate. darren@1800wheelchair.com
ronaldh79
12/1/17

Ordered a mobility scooter for my wife who has MS. It arrived and we found that the seat did not swivel it just moves front and back. Without it swiveling the scooter was useless to us. Called and got an email with return instructions. Followed them to the letter and shipped it back at my expense. They signed for it on October the 5 2017. Got an email at that time that they were going to take $199.90 as a restocking fee. Today is December 1 2017 and still no credit on my credit card. I am 74 years old living from pay check to pay check and It is a crying shame that this company takes advantage of the elderly and disabled. I wish I would have done my research before I did business with this company.

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... Very sorry for the difficulty. Please email me your order number and I'll take care of it. darren@1800wheelchair.com
johnb1000
11/17/17

Ordered parts 11 days ago never shipped it. Don't know when they are getting it in. Keep putting it off. And next week never comes. Don't waste you time or your money.

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... Very sorry for the difficulty. Please email me your order number and I'll track your order. darren@1800wheelchair.com
mariap186
11/15/17

Waiting and Waiting for a credit to be applied back to my account. All lies one after another. Horrible place to do business with. no one does anything to help at all. All they do is push an email so they say and no one does any credits. how and why is this company still in business.. Now I have to get a lawyer to get this money back. never do business with these liars.

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... I'd like to figure out what's going on. Please email me with your order number: darren@1800wheelchair.com
kimf88
11/14/17

It's not like we are buying something fun like a new motorcycle or TV-usually a wheelchair is purchased because something bad has happened. That is our case when our mother had a stroke on Mother's Day. She was in rehab and we were given little to no notice she was to be done, got to love Medicaid! We ordered a wheelchair and it didn't fit her so had to order another one and return the first one. Well let me tell you that was September 18th, 2017 and we still have not received the refund! The excuses are pathetic. I am waiting to hear the dog ate our return slip! And beware they do not have return shipping of any kind. That is all on you!! They also do not have a Refund policy in place that protects the customer. To have a business that solely deals with people in need-there lack of compassion and doing business in good faith fails in comparison. Shame on you! My energy needs to go to my mother who is recovering. I shouldn't have to spend that time getting the run around from you.

isabellas21
11/11/17

We ordered a transport chair. The website stated 2 days to leave the warehouse, we figured it would take about 12 to 14 days. At day 12 I called just to make sure it was close, it had not even left the warehouse. I asked why they had not contacted us, letting us know. I talked to the supervisor, she was the worst. Told the manager I would call back on Monday and see where our shipment is. I called back on Monday to find out they sold us a chair they didn't have. Told them we wanted our money back and to cancel the chair. I was told money would by back it the account in 3-4 days. On the 5th day I called back and was told they were requesting it now. I was beyond angry. Called back the very next day, they did the transfer then. I think only because I threaten them with fraud. I customer service was horrible. If this was a luxury item it would not have been so important but this was a wheelchair. The people that worked there could not have cared less. Why should they; their supervisor cared not.

williamh264
11/5/17

purchased replacement wheel for wheelchair. gave them serial and model numbers - sent wrong part. returned part as per their instructions and have yet to receive credit. part was purchased in august 2017 and still no refund in november.lots of bull----from their cuutomer service but no action. i would never recommend these crooks to anyone!

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... I'd like to step-in and find a resolution for you. Please email at darren@1800wheelchair.com and I'll straighten things up today.
melf28
10/23/17

I ordered a EZ-Access Trifold Wheelchair ramp on October 13 for our wheelchair members and to date have not received the item or any word of the shipping date, whereas the manufacturer claims it leaves the USA Warehouse in 1-2 days.
They were very quick to run the charge though my credit card and have not shipped the item yet.
I have called almost every second day and have received nothing but excuses:

Many unhappy handicapped folks in Vancouver

Order Number: 500101140

garyu10
10/20/17

Ordered a cane and tripod tip for my father, paid via credit card, never shipped for days, got the tip first, no cane. Called then shipped cane a week later. Went to install tip, it was to big (person who took my order told me that she investigated and the correct size would be sent). Called customer no service and they took 2 more days to get a return authorization number. I called to ask how I was to get the correct tip size, I was told I had to order another or wait until they received the tip, shipping was on my dime. I blew up, the lady changed her mind said they will send a shipping label and when it was shipped they would send out the other tip. At that point I was hot, she then said she would get an ok and ship the tip out immediately. Guess what, no email giving me a tracking number. Monday, I am calling my credit card company, calling BBB, and filing a compliant with post master general. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, TERRIBLE BUISINESS PRACTICES! Gary U

pattyf15
10/10/17

When I ordered my wheelchair off of their website I paid immediately the total of $400.00 They wrote me and said the wheel chair I ordered was discontinued. I did not like the replacements they offered. I received a credit statement saying they are deducting $11.50 for an adjustment fee? WHAT?? They did not have what I ordered and they want to charge me an adjustment fee? I have filed a claim with PayPal. Do NOT do business with these people they will steal your money!!

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
A quick note to follow-up on this... We had some sort of misfire on our credit emails. We do not charge a fee for canceled orders. A full refund was granted.

To the everyone who may read this: if you find yourself any unanswered issues. Please email me directly at darren@1800wheelchair.com
merritte5
10/9/17

First, the company representatives are responsive and professional. We ordered a transport chair for my wife. The chair was just what we wanted, but it had a strong industrial smell that we could not eliminate. They have replaced the chair with a new one. Also, all of our communication with the representatives have been positive and effective.

annec115
10/9/17

I ordered a wheelchair. I was assured it was free shipping return. They sent confirmation # for return, but when I went to UPS they said NOPE I needed a shipping label. Called Wheelchair and they said they didn't cover shipping. When I showed email that said they covered it, then they said they wold send me a shipping label in 2 days. It came off I went back to UPS with my 2 boxes, but I discovered that the label they sent only covered 1 box. I have tried 3 times to call and speak to supervisor, but so far nothing. I ended up having to pay to ship the second box which was a free gift--a wheelchair cover. Their response was I could have put the contents of the one box in the other box! How could I have known. Or they said I could have kept the wheel chair cover! How could I have known. Let's see how long it takes to get my money returned.

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... Please email me your order number. I'd like to look into this matter. I want to follow-up. darren@1800wheelchair.com
danad57
9/28/17

I didnt want to get a walker. I thought it would mean I gave up. But guess what my walker has set me free. I dont always need a shopping cart or a wall to reach for now. The walker was easy for me to put together and I was off! Enjoy your freedom.

frederickd17
9/13/17

I have been in a wheelchair for 20 years. Although I can transfer I cannot stand or walk. Because I run a publishing company, I am sitting in my wheelchair for 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ordinary seat cushions do not protect me from pressure sores and skin sheer. 1-800 Wheelchair has the lowest price top of the line gel cushion, Comfort Corporation's M2, which has a lifetime warranty. Since nothing lasts forever, I have used the warranty several times. Rio G., a 1-800 Wheelchair customer service agent, has assisted me in this process.

deborahc104
9/8/17

Ordered a wheelchair tire and talked to rep that it had to be overnighted. She called their drop shipper and they said they could. When i got email the next day and entered the tracking number it wont be delivered for another 3 days. Called the company the apologized and said they would refund those fees and i said i know you will. But i have 3 shifts to work including monday. Do you u derstand the strain this has on the users hands and back. Can i talk to a manager she apolovized and told me to have a nice day??? There is no way to get a hold.of.corporate. will absolutely never do business with them again. They are acting like parts brokers and have drop shippers that dont seem to know what they are doing. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES DO NOT USE THEM

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello Deborah- I'm here to apologize. While it does not get the tire to you overnight, I understand and take responsibility. I will push you feedback to the management team. Again, you have my sincere apologies. Please email me directly for any follow-up. darren@1800wheelchair.com
bettes5
8/15/17

Ordered a Rollz Rollator and received free and timely shipping. I have ordered several products and have had repeated great service and quality!

carmenm55
8/7/17

The wheelchair I order for my mom was absolutely perfect. The product came fast, was extremely affordable and I would definitely recommend this site to anyone looking for a reliable, affordable and quality of a Wheelchair for a love one.

nadiner9
8/5/17

We ordered a manual wheelchair recently for my husband's use. When it didn't arrive on time, we checked with Ms. July-Barcelo who discovered it had been sent to a different state. She assisted us in getting the chair here. Unfortunately, it was the wrong chair. We decided to return the chair and order another model. Again, Ms. July-Barcelo was very helpful to us. The new chair is just right and we're very appreciative of Ms. Barcelo's efforts in our behalf. In total, more than 20 communications passed between Ms. Barcelo and us. She really went the extra mile for us and deserves recognition. The Romneys

timj89
8/3/17

Menzel did an awesome job and needs to be recognized. Needing a quick resolution for the patient was key.

samg111
8/2/17

Had no idea they wouldn't take a tub mount grab bar back, a rather narrow tub rim. In the confirmation they stated "keep all packaging for returns" very misleading
Bad company

terryh123
7/28/17

Ordered a desperately needed wheelchair from these folks 07/26/2017. Was told it would ship that day and be delivered 07/28/2017. Never received a tracking number so called them again on 07/27. Was told it shipped about 7 PM 07/26 and they were waiting for the tracking number. On 07/28 still no tracking number so called again. This time was told they ordered my chair from Medline and Medline would ship 07/28. Called Medline and after some digging found order there and they confirmed would ship 07/28. These people lie and their feet really do stink. Don't order from these liars.

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Joseph P [1-800Wheelchair.com Rep] Terry I'd like to help you resolve this ASAP. Please email me your order number and I'll make sure to get back to you within the hour - email me at joseph@1800wheelchair.com
elizabethc204
7/16/17

Ordered a chest support for my son for his wheelchair .on julyn4th weekend.
Still waiting for it, the item was out of stock , I was not informed of this .
I have had to call customer service back 4 times after being promised they would call me following researching the order.
I need this item so urgently at this point for travel to with my son, I have very little faith in this company .every time I ask to speak to a supervisor l there is no one available , I don't even think the customer service is located here in the US.
I feel ripped off and have no confidence in receiving this item in time .
I also plan to contact the Better business bureau to make a complaint.
Very disappointed and very very angry at this point.

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... I'd like to help you resolve this ASAP. Please email me your order number and I'll make sure you get an update first thing on Monday. darren@1800wheelchair.com
miam73
7/14/17

We ordered a wheelchair from these folks last year. At the time, I was told that it would arrive in two days. It took a week. I recently had to order replacement leg rests for the second time because the quality is so bad. I made extremely clear that I needed them in two days. Well, today would be two days from when I ordered, and they were just shipped. I was told, when I called, that they'd be to be sometime next week. I have in writing that they'd arrive in two days. The company does plenty of finger-pointing about it being the shipping facility's fault. Honestly, I don't care whose fault it is. Customer service is clearly lacking here.

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
I'd like to check-in to see the full details on this situation, would you mind emailing me your order number?
michaels647
7/7/17

Order a walker, after days waiting for it to arrive I called customer service only to find out it is out of stock. No notice or e-mail to let me in in the secret, I cancelled my order. I have been waiting for sixteen days for a refund and the only answer I can get. Is tomorrow

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company

Response from Darren O., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Hello... I'd like to help you resolve this issue. Please email me: darren@1800wheelchair.com. Send your order number and I'll get things moving.
terrib58
6/24/17

A neighbor had me order this walker for him after he saw the one I bought for myself a week ago. I'm about to order another one for a different neighbor. That's how great these are and at an awesome price !!!

Hello... You can reach me here for details - darren@1800wheelchair.com. We will update the order as soon we more details.

By Darren O. [1-800Wheelchair.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the 1-800Wheelchair.com staff and other customers.

1-800Wheelchair.com?