1-800Wheelchair.com reviews

Tel: 1-800-Wheelchair (1-800-320-7140)
info@1800wheelchair.com

howardr75
11/24/18

I ordered 2 , 8.00 X 2.00 tires for a fellow Marine. The ones on his walker had the threads showing, could ALMOST see the air in the tires. Response time was wonderful, I got them much sooner than I expected. Instead of 8 X 2 tires the warehouse sent 24X1 wheelchair tires.... OOPS ! So I called Sylvia; she looked at my order and confirmed it was correct. She said she would get the CORRECT tires to me ... 2 days later I had them,Installed them and my brother Marine is on the move again.
Fed Ex driver said he COULDN'T take the other tires that I had to call for a return tag. Sylvia set up the pick-up by FED EX for the following week. No fed Ex.. I called Sylvia... NO Fed Ex I called Sylvia. After about a week I asked if she would just "Write them off, forget Fed Ex and their charges and I would find a deserving person to give the tires to.Someone who NEEDS them. We had a few laughs and she agreed to my sudjestion. A few days later I received a name of a DAV member who did repairs of chairs,walkers and other medical equipment. When I called him and told him I had 2 wheelchair tires he was ecstatic. You would have thought I had given him a $1000.
Thank you Sylvia and 1 800 WHEELCHAIR a veteran has a new set of
24.00 X 1.00 tires and Jim can't see the air in his 8 X 2 on his walker

panosf1
11/19/18

I purchased this wheelchair before I had a chance to read the reviews on the company's site. When I realized than more than 83 reviews were very negative (I always read first the negative reviews; they might be the only true ones), I called the company to cancel my order. I also called my bank to dispute the order if there would be a problem. The representative, Sylvia, told me that this is ok; she would cancel my order. But an hour later she called me telling me that she could not cancel my order because the chair was already shipped the day before. I had not received yet the email telling me about the shipment and the UPS tracking number. I DID RECEIVE THE CHAIR the next day, (three days after I placed my order and I live in North Carolina), exactly as I had placed the order and I LOVE IT. My painful back thanks you Sylvia for your great job and my apologies for my first phone call.
Panos

aharond
11/15/18

Everyone is ready to sell you anything you want. The problems start when things get complicated, and then there is not always someone to talk to.
On the other hand, here I met excellent service. I ordered a Roho cushion and things got complicated. The customer service was caring and courteous and did everything possible to get my Cushion. Admirable.

josephr420
11/12/18

I called and got help choosing a wheelchair. the customer service was super helpful - delivery was quick. Thank you

amandar325
11/5/18

I ordered a wheelchair here and waited about 1.5/2 weeks before getting an email saying my wheelchair was back ordered, despite the charge going through on my credit card. I was told it would be shipped in about two weeks or to upgrade to a $150 more expensive one. I decided to wait. The date came and went. I e-mailed them, was told it was extremely back-up but promised it would be shipped out by the end of the week. End of the week comes, still no shipping date and when I asked that last day, as well as beginning of the week, I never got a response!
I feel like they stole my money by charging me before the item was ready. Never have I had the charge go through before an item was shipped and I do a ton of online shopping. I also feel they don't care at all. I now am filing a claim to receive my money back (as I had to pay it off or deal with interest) from my credit card company.
Stay far, far away!

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Amanda I am sorry you are having trouble with your purchase - please call our customer service manager Gayil at 1-800-320-7140 Ext 9238 - she is expecting your call.
we will take care of this ASAP
jackm363
11/4/18

I ordered the chair with the larger 12" wheels in part to gain smoother ride and the ability to have the locking and unlocking hand brakes. Ordering online for a device that was hundreds of dollars more than economy chairs was helped by the ease of return. The delivery was much faster than 1-800 had told me. They said two business days for my location and I worried it would take longer but wow, I ordered it one evening and it was here the day after that. Thank you 1800wheelchair.
I have now experienced the difference. It's very well worth the extra money.
I have borrowed cheaper versions of transport chairs at hospitals and airports. Access to be able to borrow a chair was unreliable. I decided to own a transport chair for my wife. The Strongback is more comfortable for my wife and much much easier for me. It opens up and folds up faster and easier. The footrests are ten times easier to swing in and out of place than the cheaper competition. I like that they are gravity locked in place or out of place instantaneous without wandering in between.

The side arms are at a much nicer and lower height for my wife vs the lesser competition.

I got the handbrakes that allow me to quickly lock and unlock the back wheels without leaning over and searching for a lever. When underway I feel more in control. The other reviews emphasize the person in the chair will be more comfortable. That's obvious. What I didn't anticipate is how much in transporting her that I would appreciate the upgrade. Hey, I even got it with the drink holder. I will now always use this in airports and doctor visits versus the potluck I have experienced with much lesser chairs.

jacquib18
11/4/18

1800 Wheelchair was wonderful. I needed a high end wheelchair to arrive the next morning and they were able to make this happen! Their staff was responsive, followed up on my request, went over different items with me until I found the right fit and then ensured that my item would be there in the time frame requested.
It was a pleasure shopping from them.

joycey19
10/27/18

The arm rest on my wheelchair broke. I called to replace, it was still under warranty. They couldn't find the part so they replaced the whole wheelchair.

jamest505
10/15/18
• Updated review

1800wheelchair kept my parts $55.00 per set After I had paid the freight twice.I returned 2 unopened They are terrible place to do business with.

Jim

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Jim I am sorry you had a difficult time returning your parts order please contact our customer service director Gayil at 1-800-320 Ext 9238
“Shipped parts order wrong twice .. Finely I bought a brand new Breezy Wheelchair”
9/26/18
• Previous review

When I bought the new wheelchair after a period of 2 months bad shipments. returned the parts for credit. I payed the freight twice with the promise of refund 3 times I will never buy from 1800wheelchair again
Jim T

andref26
10/4/18

1. One fedex tracking number for three separate packages (mattress, bed1o2,bed2of2)
2. Confusion and weird hand-off between different shipping companies
3. One support rep lost all information.
4. One support rep was just rude and unhelpful (but bilingual!)
5. One support rep tried to be helpful but it must be tough to work there.
6. Today (Oct 4 10:45AM) there are no staff at the 1800 number - their on-hold message ultimately says this and says leave a message.

1800Wheelchair does not manufacture or ship...all they do is facilitate, and they do a poor job. My ordeal may wind up in small claims court if they don't ship me the whole bed. I have only the two ends now.

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
I am sorry you are having trouble with your order - please call Gayil ASAP at 1-800-320-7140 Ext 9238 we are waiting for your call
steveng254
9/25/18

I had ordered the Cirrus Plus Power Wheel Chair with all the bells and whistles I could get to make it more comfortable for my mom. I dealt with Lisa S. over the phone and she was professional with answering all my questions and concerns. The wheel chair was even delivered a day sooner than promised. Assembly was easy and it runs perfect. It is a quality built piece of equipment. Recommend this purchase to anyone looking for a portable electric wheel chair.

Steve G

patk86
8/22/18

The model H hybrid transportable wheelchair is almost the perfect solution for travel. It folds and unfolds easily, it's lighter than any other competitor, the battery is easily removed, it rides smoothly and provides a comfortable seating position. In manual mode, there's no motor drag. What would I change? The controller isn't removable, which leaves it vulnerable to breakage from the rough handling experienced on airline travel. Providing a quick controller cable disconnect would make the Model H the perfect travel companion.

reynaldog15
8/10/18

Ive tried other site and gave my information and even personal e-mail but still did not go thru despite... but this site Wow! if there is additional more star i'll click them all, that's how excellent their service is.

barbs77
7/18/18

We ordered an electric wheelchair for $2899. They took the money from our account, then sent an email telling us the chair has been discontinued. Its been a week now and they STILL have not refunded the money! I cant imagine what would happen if you actually buy a chair and need service from them. Wish I had never set eyes on their website! Horrible experience!

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
I am sorry you are having a difficult time getting a refund.
Please call us at 1-800-320-7140 ext 9202 and we will do everything we can to help you with your refund
stephenc137
7/2/18

1-800Wheelchair.com has the worst return policy ever! The majority of their items are either non-returnable or incur a restocking fee. I purchased 2 Drive lumbar cushions as a caregiver for 2 elderly men. The cushions are uncomfortable and I am unsure why anyone made them in the first place. I wanted to either return them or exchange them for a product that might work better. Anyway the 1-800Wheelchair "customer service" representative agreed to the return of "non-returnable" items because they were unused. She was unable or unwilling to suggest a replacement product. I agreed to pay the return costs, but then she decided to slap a 15% restocking fee. I find this unacceptable. My advice to purchase accessibility items - either find a site that has a liberal exchange/return policy or try to buy locally! It is impossible to determine what will or will not work without seeing the item and returns and exchanges are everyday occurrences. I do not recommend 1-800Wheelchair.com either for their products or service!

Tip for consumers: For accessibility products shop locally whenever possible. Try the product without removing any plastic protection so that if it doesn't work out you can easily return it. Avoid sites like 1-800Wheelchair.com who charge a hefty restocking fee for those limited items where they will accept a return!

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Stephan,
I am sorry you are having a difficult time returning your cushions.
Please call us at 1-800-320-7140 ext 9237 and we will do everything we can to help you return your cushion.
gwenl29
6/28/18

Overall, the travel wheelchair met our needs and I am very satisfied. I would definitely recommend to friends if they need an affordable travel wheelchair but will inform them of its limitations. We bought the model with slightly larger back wheels for better stability (front wheels may not smoothly go over large uneven gaps/bumps in sidewalks and needs an extra gentle push with your foot on the bottom, but not so much that the person sitting in the chair is ejected, which is what the seat belt is for) and like that one can sit at a table with the slanted armrests. Although, brand new, there was one problem with one of the collapsible handles not locking into place which we didn't discover until later during our vacation. This made it a little challenging to push my teenage daughter with her broken ankle down ramps. However, the wheelchair was light weight and easy to fold up. The free travel bag came in handy to keep the chair from getting scratched. I removed the footrests before checking at the gate & stored in the overhead storage of the airplane because someone had recommendation to do that. The wheelchair was delivered within 2 business days as promised which was very much appreciated since we were going on vacation soon. Once we returned, I contacted the company. Sylvia handled my case, asked that a picture be sent to evaluate the broken handle, & a week later, a brand new wheelchair was delivered to my front door. I sent back the first chair by dropping off at the nearest FedEx which was simple & at no cost. A followup email by Sylvia the next day confirmed that the chair was shipped.Thank you Sylvia for your professional and efficient handling of my case:) !!

deel65
6/15/18

After searching the site I was unable to locate the replacement pieces I needed. I reached out and a wonderful woman there was so good at helping me get the information needed and the parts ordered, even contacting the manufacturer to find the info. Thank you so much!

vickij32
6/13/18

I had a model 1R1011LPC cushion. The rubber on the valve was cracked and would not hold air. It was no longer under warrantee as we have had it over 5 years. My father, a 95 year old Pearl Harbor Survivor, really needed it in his wheelchair! Silvia of 1800 wheelchair.com assured me that I needed a part and would not need to replace the entire expensive cushion. It is wonderful to have a business use honesty and integrity instead of "seeing dollar signs". I am writing this review BEFORE shipping and quality checks, but I am assuming it will be as great as the service.I highly recommend this business.

janetc239
6/7/18

I am a bilateral below the knee amputee who uses a wheelchair, walking assistance devices and prosthetic legs and was issued a Comfort Sports Pro about 2 years ago. It is getting worn out and i didn't know the specs on it since it was issued to me while in rehab. I found this company online and their Customer Service Rep, Sylvia stayed in communication with me over a span of 3 days while I wrestled with my current cushion to find measurements, tags and what the insides are in my model. It's hard to gather this information when you are in the wheelchair sitting on the cushion! These cushions are custom made I recommend this company and their products to anyone needing proper sitting for any reason

samb290
6/7/18
• Updated review

I am revising my earlier comment. I had multiple problems with an order. After posting on this site I was contacted by customer service....there were mistakes which their supplier made and would not resolve but 1-800 Wheelchairs have stood behind all issues.

“no returns allowed”
• Previous review

dont believe the website they do not honor return requests......They sent me the wrong wheelchair legs with my order.....then claimed the manufacturer Karma would not allow an echange.....which karma denies...Im in limboand out $200

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Good afternoon Sam,

We would like to look into this matter further for you, and resolve any outstanding issues. Please email me at Linda@1800Wheelchair.com with your order number to discuss this further.

Linda Crabtree

1800Wheelchair Customer Service
debl53
6/6/18

We bought a beautiful wheelchair several months ago. When the wheel fork was damaged, we contacted 1-800wheelchair. The customer service rep was a great help, very prompt, and managed to get us a replacement part. They stand behind the products that they sell. A positive experience for us! Highle recommend!

melissaa144
6/1/18

I emailed to get a receipt that was over 3 years old, fully expecting it to be something that was no longer able to be pulled up or if it could I expected a long wait. The response was immediate and they were able to send me the receipt right away. I really appreciate this level of customer service. Rio G. was awesome.

faithd21
5/11/18

I will order from this company again. They helped me out with my order and I received them so quickly. Great customer service.

jeffreyp96
5/5/18

I paid the company $660.00 ON 2/27/18. On 4/23/18,

I sent the company an email requesting that my unfilled order be cancelled.

On 4/23/18, the company replied that my refund was pending. It is now 5/5/18 and the company has refused to issue my refund, return my calls, or answer my emails. Whenever I call, I am told that the person who answers the phone cannot help me. They tell me they are sending a message to accounting and that accounting will contact me.

Of course, accounting never contacts me and I can never reach accounting because no one is ever in accounting when I call during regular business hours. I will now have to file a lawsuit in small claims court to get my $660.00.

I am very sorry I did business with this company. Given my experience with this company, it is my personal belief that I was very stupid to try to do business with this company.

In my personal, subjective opinion, I personally believe I was ripped off by this company. Therefore, in my personal, subjective opinion, I personally believe that the company is dishonest and unethical or that the company is extraordinarily dishonest. Regardless, the company has my money, and I have nothing--no product and no refund.

The foregoing review solely provides my personal, subjective opinions.

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Jeffery
I am sorry you are having trouble with your retrurn
please email me at joseph@1800wheelchair.com and I will do my best to resolve your return
billl178
4/20/18

I'm paralyzed from the waist down. My wheelchair cushion was old since I don't have health insurance and I was starting to get a pressure sore. I called 1-800-wheelchair because they had the cheapest price on a very expensive cushion, the J2 Deep Contour cushion. So I called and asked if they had it in stock because like I said I was already getting a sore. They assured me that not only was it in stock but that they would mail it priority so I had it as quickly as possible bc I told them I was having to get out of my chair every hour for a 1/2 hour bc of the old cushion. They said not to worry I would have it by Monday (I ordered on a Thursday). So Monday arrived, NO cushion. Tuesday, NO cushion, Wednesday, NO CUSHION. Finally, I called. I got a different lady on the phone. I asked why my cushion hadn't arrived. She told me that my cushion was on back order and it wouldn't be here for 2 weeks!! I told her that I was told it was "in the warehouse" and that I would have it by Monday. She again told me that was NOT the case, it would be 2 weeks. I told her to cancel and refund my money and I'll order from another company. She told me she couldn't do it, call back tomorrow. I wanted this to be documented so I went through their website and asked for a full refund and to cancel my order. I got a reply telling me that by the time the refund was processed that I'd have my refund. I told them I'd be calling the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (the government agency that busts companies over this crap) and guess what? My cushion was at my door 2 days later, shipped directly from the company that makes the cushion. What does that mean? THEY NEVER HAD MY CUSHION IN STOCK, AND THEY LIED TO ME!! It was NEVER in stock, they NEVER EVEN HANDLED THE CUSHION!! All they did was take my money, make a profit and buy the cushion from the company that makes the cushion. They're just laughing at us!! Every week I get an email from them telling me they are having a sale, or "please review our service". HA! I kept deleting them but I figured it would be better if people knew what type of company this is. Overpriced (obviously since they just ordered it from the cushion company themselves) and they LIE. NEVER TRUST A LIAR!! I will NEVER buy from them again, EVER!! From now on I'll pay more to an honest company and won't give a dishonest company a dime!! Avoid them at all costs!! Oh, and in the end, I still need a new cushion, this one is bottoming out already, after only 2 months. Read the other reviews, I wish I had before I bought from them. The BBB even took them off the accreditation list for their practices of FRAUD!!

All walkers come folded in a box and come fully assembled. we recommend adjusting the handles to accommodate the height of the user

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Hello... You can reach me here for details - darren@1800wheelchair.com. We will update the order as soon we more details.

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Hello... Please send me your order # and I'll personally make sure it gets to you. darren@1800wheelchair.com

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800Wheelchair.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for 1-800Wheelchair.com