1-800Wheelchair.com reviews

Tel: 1-800-Wheelchair (1-800-320-7140)
info@1800wheelchair.com

patk86
8/22/18

The model H hybrid transportable wheelchair is almost the perfect solution for travel. It folds and unfolds easily, it's lighter than any other competitor, the battery is easily removed, it rides smoothly and provides a comfortable seating position. In manual mode, there's no motor drag. What would I change? The controller isn't removable, which leaves it vulnerable to breakage from the rough handling experienced on airline travel. Providing a quick controller cable disconnect would make the Model H the perfect travel companion.

reynaldog15
8/10/18

Ive tried other site and gave my information and even personal e-mail but still did not go thru despite... but this site Wow! if there is additional more star i'll click them all, that's how excellent their service is.

barbs77
7/18/18

We ordered an electric wheelchair for $2899. They took the money from our account, then sent an email telling us the chair has been discontinued. Its been a week now and they STILL have not refunded the money! I cant imagine what would happen if you actually buy a chair and need service from them. Wish I had never set eyes on their website! Horrible experience!

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
I am sorry you are having a difficult time getting a refund.
Please call us at 1-800-320-7140 ext 9202 and we will do everything we can to help you with your refund
stephenc137
7/2/18

1-800Wheelchair.com has the worst return policy ever! The majority of their items are either non-returnable or incur a restocking fee. I purchased 2 Drive lumbar cushions as a caregiver for 2 elderly men. The cushions are uncomfortable and I am unsure why anyone made them in the first place. I wanted to either return them or exchange them for a product that might work better. Anyway the 1-800Wheelchair "customer service" representative agreed to the return of "non-returnable" items because they were unused. She was unable or unwilling to suggest a replacement product. I agreed to pay the return costs, but then she decided to slap a 15% restocking fee. I find this unacceptable. My advice to purchase accessibility items - either find a site that has a liberal exchange/return policy or try to buy locally! It is impossible to determine what will or will not work without seeing the item and returns and exchanges are everyday occurrences. I do not recommend 1-800Wheelchair.com either for their products or service!

Tip for consumers: For accessibility products shop locally whenever possible. Try the product without removing any plastic protection so that if it doesn't work out you can easily return it. Avoid sites like 1-800Wheelchair.com who charge a hefty restocking fee for those limited items where they will accept a return!

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Stephan,
I am sorry you are having a difficult time returning your cushions.
Please call us at 1-800-320-7140 ext 9237 and we will do everything we can to help you return your cushion.
gwenl29
6/28/18

Overall, the travel wheelchair met our needs and I am very satisfied. I would definitely recommend to friends if they need an affordable travel wheelchair but will inform them of its limitations. We bought the model with slightly larger back wheels for better stability (front wheels may not smoothly go over large uneven gaps/bumps in sidewalks and needs an extra gentle push with your foot on the bottom, but not so much that the person sitting in the chair is ejected, which is what the seat belt is for) and like that one can sit at a table with the slanted armrests. Although, brand new, there was one problem with one of the collapsible handles not locking into place which we didn't discover until later during our vacation. This made it a little challenging to push my teenage daughter with her broken ankle down ramps. However, the wheelchair was light weight and easy to fold up. The free travel bag came in handy to keep the chair from getting scratched. I removed the footrests before checking at the gate & stored in the overhead storage of the airplane because someone had recommendation to do that. The wheelchair was delivered within 2 business days as promised which was very much appreciated since we were going on vacation soon. Once we returned, I contacted the company. Sylvia handled my case, asked that a picture be sent to evaluate the broken handle, & a week later, a brand new wheelchair was delivered to my front door. I sent back the first chair by dropping off at the nearest FedEx which was simple & at no cost. A followup email by Sylvia the next day confirmed that the chair was shipped.Thank you Sylvia for your professional and efficient handling of my case:) !!

deel65
6/15/18

After searching the site I was unable to locate the replacement pieces I needed. I reached out and a wonderful woman there was so good at helping me get the information needed and the parts ordered, even contacting the manufacturer to find the info. Thank you so much!

vickij32
6/13/18

I had a model 1R1011LPC cushion. The rubber on the valve was cracked and would not hold air. It was no longer under warrantee as we have had it over 5 years. My father, a 95 year old Pearl Harbor Survivor, really needed it in his wheelchair! Silvia of 1800 wheelchair.com assured me that I needed a part and would not need to replace the entire expensive cushion. It is wonderful to have a business use honesty and integrity instead of "seeing dollar signs". I am writing this review BEFORE shipping and quality checks, but I am assuming it will be as great as the service.I highly recommend this business.

janetc239
6/7/18

I am a bilateral below the knee amputee who uses a wheelchair, walking assistance devices and prosthetic legs and was issued a Comfort Sports Pro about 2 years ago. It is getting worn out and i didn't know the specs on it since it was issued to me while in rehab. I found this company online and their Customer Service Rep, Sylvia stayed in communication with me over a span of 3 days while I wrestled with my current cushion to find measurements, tags and what the insides are in my model. It's hard to gather this information when you are in the wheelchair sitting on the cushion! These cushions are custom made I recommend this company and their products to anyone needing proper sitting for any reason

samb290
6/7/18
• Updated review

I am revising my earlier comment. I had multiple problems with an order. After posting on this site I was contacted by customer service....there were mistakes which their supplier made and would not resolve but 1-800 Wheelchairs have stood behind all issues.

“no returns allowed”
• Previous review

dont believe the website they do not honor return requests......They sent me the wrong wheelchair legs with my order.....then claimed the manufacturer Karma would not allow an echange.....which karma denies...Im in limboand out $200

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Good afternoon Sam,

We would like to look into this matter further for you, and resolve any outstanding issues. Please email me at Linda@1800Wheelchair.com with your order number to discuss this further.

Linda Crabtree

1800Wheelchair Customer Service
debl53
6/6/18

We bought a beautiful wheelchair several months ago. When the wheel fork was damaged, we contacted 1-800wheelchair. The customer service rep was a great help, very prompt, and managed to get us a replacement part. They stand behind the products that they sell. A positive experience for us! Highle recommend!

melissaa144
6/1/18

I emailed to get a receipt that was over 3 years old, fully expecting it to be something that was no longer able to be pulled up or if it could I expected a long wait. The response was immediate and they were able to send me the receipt right away. I really appreciate this level of customer service. Rio G. was awesome.

faithd21
5/11/18

I will order from this company again. They helped me out with my order and I received them so quickly. Great customer service.

jeffreyp96
5/5/18

I paid the company $660.00 ON 2/27/18. On 4/23/18,

I sent the company an email requesting that my unfilled order be cancelled.

On 4/23/18, the company replied that my refund was pending. It is now 5/5/18 and the company has refused to issue my refund, return my calls, or answer my emails. Whenever I call, I am told that the person who answers the phone cannot help me. They tell me they are sending a message to accounting and that accounting will contact me.

Of course, accounting never contacts me and I can never reach accounting because no one is ever in accounting when I call during regular business hours. I will now have to file a lawsuit in small claims court to get my $660.00.

I am very sorry I did business with this company. Given my experience with this company, it is my personal belief that I was very stupid to try to do business with this company.

In my personal, subjective opinion, I personally believe I was ripped off by this company. Therefore, in my personal, subjective opinion, I personally believe that the company is dishonest and unethical or that the company is extraordinarily dishonest. Regardless, the company has my money, and I have nothing--no product and no refund.

The foregoing review solely provides my personal, subjective opinions.

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Jeffery
I am sorry you are having trouble with your retrurn
please email me at joseph@1800wheelchair.com and I will do my best to resolve your return
billl178
4/20/18

I'm paralyzed from the waist down. My wheelchair cushion was old since I don't have health insurance and I was starting to get a pressure sore. I called 1-800-wheelchair because they had the cheapest price on a very expensive cushion, the J2 Deep Contour cushion. So I called and asked if they had it in stock because like I said I was already getting a sore. They assured me that not only was it in stock but that they would mail it priority so I had it as quickly as possible bc I told them I was having to get out of my chair every hour for a 1/2 hour bc of the old cushion. They said not to worry I would have it by Monday (I ordered on a Thursday). So Monday arrived, NO cushion. Tuesday, NO cushion, Wednesday, NO CUSHION. Finally, I called. I got a different lady on the phone. I asked why my cushion hadn't arrived. She told me that my cushion was on back order and it wouldn't be here for 2 weeks!! I told her that I was told it was "in the warehouse" and that I would have it by Monday. She again told me that was NOT the case, it would be 2 weeks. I told her to cancel and refund my money and I'll order from another company. She told me she couldn't do it, call back tomorrow. I wanted this to be documented so I went through their website and asked for a full refund and to cancel my order. I got a reply telling me that by the time the refund was processed that I'd have my refund. I told them I'd be calling the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (the government agency that busts companies over this crap) and guess what? My cushion was at my door 2 days later, shipped directly from the company that makes the cushion. What does that mean? THEY NEVER HAD MY CUSHION IN STOCK, AND THEY LIED TO ME!! It was NEVER in stock, they NEVER EVEN HANDLED THE CUSHION!! All they did was take my money, make a profit and buy the cushion from the company that makes the cushion. They're just laughing at us!! Every week I get an email from them telling me they are having a sale, or "please review our service". HA! I kept deleting them but I figured it would be better if people knew what type of company this is. Overpriced (obviously since they just ordered it from the cushion company themselves) and they LIE. NEVER TRUST A LIAR!! I will NEVER buy from them again, EVER!! From now on I'll pay more to an honest company and won't give a dishonest company a dime!! Avoid them at all costs!! Oh, and in the end, I still need a new cushion, this one is bottoming out already, after only 2 months. Read the other reviews, I wish I had before I bought from them. The BBB even took them off the accreditation list for their practices of FRAUD!!

chadm80
3/25/18

we needed a wheelchair for our church group and 1800wheelchair gave us a discount - they were super nice

theresaw50
3/24/18

I have been constantly lied to! I was told yesterday that my money would be refunded asap and that I would get an email. Nope still waiting! I have been calling and emailing and constantly given the run around. I would not recommend this company at all.

gilbertr21
3/19/18

I ordered a scooter and will never oorder from them again customer service is rude and they just hang up on me and when I ask to speak to a supervisor all they do is keep me on hold and I never get to speak to one, I just want this scooter picked up and my full refund I regret ever picking up the phone and ordering from them.. Im in the process of calling 7 on your side

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Gilbert,
I am sorry you are having trouble with your scooter please call us ASAP at 1-800-320-7140 Ext 9238 or email our CS supervisor Linda at Linda @1800wheelchair.com
beverlyb83
3/15/18

But I had ordered the wrong item. Did online chat, problem was explained and next day received rm number to returned.

I was use them again when the need arises.

mikeh392
3/11/18

Placed my order.Never got my item that was ordered.Still haven' gotten my refund.This is a bogus company.

michelep57
3/9/18

While there was a mix-up with my order, the response from customer service representative July was exceptional. She worked diligently to get the issue resolved and expedite the return process. She kept me informed via email on the status of my return throughout the process. I would purchase from them again.

reedg11
2/28/18

This company does not ship when they state they do, do not depend on them for timely deliveries. I ordered a wheelchair from them and the stated 1-2 days shipping was wrong. As the title states, they shipped it two weeks afterwards and 2 days after I started a dispute with them via paypal. You think if you spend $1300 they get that to you asap, but not here. I knew I should have stayed with Sportaid.com!

evelyneh3
2/25/18

Bought 2 cushions in December 30th, 2017. When I received it, they were too much stiff. Wrote to the customer service and they provided my a return number. Sent back the cushions on January 8th, 2018 and they arrived at 1800Wheelchair warehouse on January 11th. Since that time I wrote many times to seller to get my refund. Always wrote me that the refund is processed, even set me a credit memo, but still don't have any retund in my Paypal account.

sandras176
2/21/18

I found my wheelchair on this site, and when we received it, my husband somehow managed to break part of the footrest/bolt. The company sent out replacement parts for us as a courtesy so quickly, I had almost forgotten I'd asked!

jeremyt21
2/13/18

I bought online an ultra weight wheelchair for my mother in law. I got it very fast, but it was missing the arm rests. I contacted costumer services and got immediate response. A few days I got the arm rests set to my perfect satisfaction.

rachelr102
2/13/18

I am a resident of Israel and I was interested in rolltor - product of Active Access.July Ann Barcelo chats with me. She explained kindely that they do'nt sending the product to Israel. After I asked her help to find where i can buy it in Israel, she willingly accepted my request and help me, even though she knew I was not buying any product and answering all my questions patiently,
kindely and efficeincy instructed me where to go to find out who is the agent who markets the product in Israel. I thank her very much and God bless her.

All walkers come folded in a box and come fully assembled. we recommend adjusting the handles to accommodate the height of the user

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Hello... You can reach me here for details - darren@1800wheelchair.com. We will update the order as soon we more details.

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Hello... Please send me your order # and I'll personally make sure it gets to you. darren@1800wheelchair.com

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800Wheelchair.com staff and other customers.

1-800Wheelchair.com?