1-800Wheelchair.com reviews

Tel: 1-800-Wheelchair (1-800-320-7140)
info@1800wheelchair.com

laurenta5
7/12/19

I could not even exchange a wrong size pair of brand new tires. I called two days after receiving the product. They would not budge.

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
I am sorry you are having trouble with your return - please call Evelyn at 1-800-320-7140 ext 9201
richardk416
7/11/19

I ordered a Model X motorized wheelchair on 28 May. The company committed to shipping in on 28 June. It was not shipped. Since then, they have made multiple commitments to deliver, none of which have been met. I cancelled the order this past Monday July 8, only to have them call back a few hours later committing to ship the product yesterday, Wednesday, July 10, 2019. They even gave me a $50 refund for all trauma they have cause. However, the product was not shipped on July 10th as promised, so I am writing this review out of utter frustration. I plan to cancel the order today and demand a refund, which, they will no doubt delay for months.

I am a fool for trusting this scam operation. I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the New York Attorney General later today.

ralphk46
7/5/19

I ordered a rollator and was sent the same. Upon receipt of this order, I discovered the chair was to heavy for me handle, so I called 1-800Wheelchair and asked if I could return the same. I was pleasantly they would credit me for the purchase of another rollator and that I could just dispose of the one I already had. I then purhased another rollator from them. This company was a pleasure with whom to do business, especially July Ann Barcello. Robert Kassem

jacquelines160
6/22/19

I ordered a rollator on line. It arrived very quickly. I had to return the item due to some damage. The customer service that I got was excellent. July-Ann went above and beyond what was required. Knowing that I was obviously having trouble getting around, she made the product return absolutely painless. There were phone calls and emails, I was kept very much "in the loop". I would most definitely purchase from this site again without hesitation.

mikee201
6/16/19

We purchased the Model H wheelchair. First, after many backorder issues followed by a shipping fiasco, we received the chair. The product itself was somewhat disappointing at first. It has much less power than anticipated and cannot go over even the smallest of bumps. It also does not have the bluetooth capabilities we were promised. However, after adjusting my expectations of the chair, I have actually come to like it okay. After all, you can't expect a $2000 chair to perform like an $8000 chair. I must say that Sylvia on the website chat was a very bright spot in the whole ordeal. She was great She's solely the reason we didn't cancel the order long before we received it.

nancyp345
5/24/19

I ordered online an Excel extra wide wheelchair. Four days later received an email saying it was out of stock and I could change it for a different Heavy Duty wheelchair. I called the 800 number to see what I can do. I talked to Sylvia. She helped me with ordering a different chair, getting a refund cause the new one was cheaper, and cancelling the old one. Talked to Sylvia on a Monday. refund on a Tuesday and received the chair on Wednesday. We were lucky that the place that our wheelchair came from was right here in Missouri.The only thing to assemble was putting on the leg rest. Thanks to Sylvia for all she did for me. Great customer service.

maryw638
5/24/19

I'd like to commend Sylvia Aplicador for her tenacity and excellent communication. It took several emails, but she was able to solve my problem with the seat covers for our Featherweight Wheelchair. We just returned from vacation, and I'm glad to report that the Featherweight Wheelchair is the ONLY way to negotiate airports and travel. Based on the products and customer service, I wouldn't hesitate to make future purchases with 1800wheelchair.com!

frankd257
5/23/19

Received transport chair . After third use ,the front wheels bent .
Rio G took care as soon as possible after Fedex made two deliverery mistakes .
Replacement chair had a problem . Rio contacted manufacture and had nwew one sent out in two days . All is well now . Satisfied customer .
By the way over 18 years I have purchased 4 chairs

pamd107
5/17/19

I called to order a wheelchair and the agent assured me it would arrive 3 business days later (Wednesday). I got a confirmation email with an order number. When I didn't get the chair Wednesday I decided to call Thursday. The agent tried calling the warehouse to see where the wheelchair was and said the warehouse was closed and to call the next day. I asked HER and HER manager to call ME since it was their mistake. They did not. So, I called again Friday and they said the wheelchair was on back order. I was in an accident Friday a week earlier, called and was assured to get a wheelchair by Wednesday, never contacted to say it was on backorder and I needed to return a borrowed chair by Friday. ( which I also had mentioned to the first agent I dealt with). Most people needing a wheelchair need it ASAP and if it's on backorder wouldn't it be considerate to contact the buyer to let them know or check from the start that it's available!? I told them I want them to cancel the order- what's the point of getting it indefinitely when I need one now. To top it off, they told me they wouldn't refund my 216$ until I returned the footplates. What a poorly run business! I will NEVER order from them.

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Pam, I am sorry you are having trouble with your order and your refund - Please call Evelyn, our returns manager at 1-800-320-7140 ext 9202 - She will help you with your refund. We try to ship out every order on the same day it is placed. Sometimes some orders get delayed a day or two - My apologies again
mh485
5/16/19

This company failed to post a negative review of a useless product. After a rep called me to say the coccyx seat cushion I'd already been charged for was discontinued, I got this one at her suggestion: https://www.1800wheelchair.com/product/coccyx-seat-cushion/ The cushion is made of cheap foam that went completely flat the moment I sat on it, defeating the purpose of a coccyx cushion. The company does not accept returns on wheelchair cushions. While it's on me for not noticing that fine print, it sure would have been decent if the rep who called me had mentioned this policy. Wanting to help others avoid throwing away $39, I wrote a product review. 1-800Wheelchair.com wrote to me to verify the review. I verified it more than two weeks ago. "Somehow," the review still hasn't been posted. Companies that aren't awful, at a minimum, promote honest customer evaluation of their products. Everything about this process was anywhere from frustrating to sleazy. Terrible product, terrible customer service--stay away!! 5/20/19 ETA: A rep just left a message offering to refund half of what I paid if I edited this review. I'm assuming this wasn't the kind of edit they had in mind.:-) But if anyone was wondering why there aren't exclusively bad reviews of 1-800Wheelchair.com, there you go. And yet they still haven't posted the customer review I submitted on their site. So shady!

tylern30
5/14/19

Spoke with Sylvia and Rio in customer service and both were extremely helpful with my order. They were efficient, quick, and came up with solutions to problems. Really appreciate the service that I received from 1800wheelchairs.com

annc260
3/10/19

I requested information on ordering brakes for my father's wheelchair ... the online chat person (Rio) was prompt and quickly got me the information I needed to assist in my order. Thank you 1-800Wheelchair!

shawns179
2/27/19

I ordered a wheelchair. the width was not as described. I contacted the company. I received an RMA number to return the product. I returned the product and have a signed packing slip for delivery. No refund was received during the next 60 days. I have followed up via email and phone numerous times and have no refund, or response from the company. Stay away

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Shawn,
I am sorry you are having trouble with your return - please contact us ASAP at 1-800-320-7140 ext 9202 Evelyn will help you out
abouzars
2/14/19

I had great experience of ordering really nice wheelchair and got the product within 4 days by FedEx service

dionnab
1/25/19

I do a lot of ordering for our physical therapists and let me say it was a joy to work with Rio. She handled the issues I had with my order promptly and efficiently, with great customer service and was very pleasant. Would definitely recommend ordering from this company!

so67
S O.
12/27/18

I ordered a Featherweight 13.5 lbs. Wheelchair recently. I works well, it's lite weight and easy to handle. Unfortunately, medical insurance reimbursement was never discussed during my purchase process. After some research I found out that my insurance carrier will reimburse me if I submit the appropriate information about the vendor. Rio G. provided me with the requested information and I am now about to order the chair. Rio was a big help in providing this info. She was also very pleasant and professional.....

khuseynf
12/14/18

Evelyn was so sweet and helping. She helped me with everything I needed. I wish there were more people like her. She has such a kind and helping personality. Made my day

howardr75
11/24/18

I ordered 2 , 8.00 X 2.00 tires for a fellow Marine. The ones on his walker had the threads showing, could ALMOST see the air in the tires. Response time was wonderful, I got them much sooner than I expected. Instead of 8 X 2 tires the warehouse sent 24X1 wheelchair tires.... OOPS ! So I called Sylvia; she looked at my order and confirmed it was correct. She said she would get the CORRECT tires to me ... 2 days later I had them,Installed them and my brother Marine is on the move again.
Fed Ex driver said he COULDN'T take the other tires that I had to call for a return tag. Sylvia set up the pick-up by FED EX for the following week. No fed Ex.. I called Sylvia... NO Fed Ex I called Sylvia. After about a week I asked if she would just "Write them off, forget Fed Ex and their charges and I would find a deserving person to give the tires to.Someone who NEEDS them. We had a few laughs and she agreed to my sudjestion. A few days later I received a name of a DAV member who did repairs of chairs,walkers and other medical equipment. When I called him and told him I had 2 wheelchair tires he was ecstatic. You would have thought I had given him a $1000.
Thank you Sylvia and 1 800 WHEELCHAIR a veteran has a new set of
24.00 X 1.00 tires and Jim can't see the air in his 8 X 2 on his walker

panosf1
11/19/18

I purchased this wheelchair before I had a chance to read the reviews on the company's site. When I realized than more than 83 reviews were very negative (I always read first the negative reviews; they might be the only true ones), I called the company to cancel my order. I also called my bank to dispute the order if there would be a problem. The representative, Sylvia, told me that this is ok; she would cancel my order. But an hour later she called me telling me that she could not cancel my order because the chair was already shipped the day before. I had not received yet the email telling me about the shipment and the UPS tracking number. I DID RECEIVE THE CHAIR the next day, (three days after I placed my order and I live in North Carolina), exactly as I had placed the order and I LOVE IT. My painful back thanks you Sylvia for your great job and my apologies for my first phone call.
Panos

aharond
11/15/18

Everyone is ready to sell you anything you want. The problems start when things get complicated, and then there is not always someone to talk to.
On the other hand, here I met excellent service. I ordered a Roho cushion and things got complicated. The customer service was caring and courteous and did everything possible to get my Cushion. Admirable.

josephr420
11/12/18

I called and got help choosing a wheelchair. the customer service was super helpful - delivery was quick. Thank you

amandar325
11/5/18

I ordered a wheelchair here and waited about 1.5/2 weeks before getting an email saying my wheelchair was back ordered, despite the charge going through on my credit card. I was told it would be shipped in about two weeks or to upgrade to a $150 more expensive one. I decided to wait. The date came and went. I e-mailed them, was told it was extremely back-up but promised it would be shipped out by the end of the week. End of the week comes, still no shipping date and when I asked that last day, as well as beginning of the week, I never got a response!
I feel like they stole my money by charging me before the item was ready. Never have I had the charge go through before an item was shipped and I do a ton of online shopping. I also feel they don't care at all. I now am filing a claim to receive my money back (as I had to pay it off or deal with interest) from my credit card company.
Stay far, far away!

Response from Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative
Amanda I am sorry you are having trouble with your purchase - please call our customer service manager Gayil at 1-800-320-7140 Ext 9238 - she is expecting your call.
we will take care of this ASAP
jackm363
11/4/18

I ordered the chair with the larger 12" wheels in part to gain smoother ride and the ability to have the locking and unlocking hand brakes. Ordering online for a device that was hundreds of dollars more than economy chairs was helped by the ease of return. The delivery was much faster than 1-800 had told me. They said two business days for my location and I worried it would take longer but wow, I ordered it one evening and it was here the day after that. Thank you 1800wheelchair.
I have now experienced the difference. It's very well worth the extra money.
I have borrowed cheaper versions of transport chairs at hospitals and airports. Access to be able to borrow a chair was unreliable. I decided to own a transport chair for my wife. The Strongback is more comfortable for my wife and much much easier for me. It opens up and folds up faster and easier. The footrests are ten times easier to swing in and out of place than the cheaper competition. I like that they are gravity locked in place or out of place instantaneous without wandering in between.

The side arms are at a much nicer and lower height for my wife vs the lesser competition.

I got the handbrakes that allow me to quickly lock and unlock the back wheels without leaning over and searching for a lever. When underway I feel more in control. The other reviews emphasize the person in the chair will be more comfortable. That's obvious. What I didn't anticipate is how much in transporting her that I would appreciate the upgrade. Hey, I even got it with the drink holder. I will now always use this in airports and doctor visits versus the potluck I have experienced with much lesser chairs.

jacquib18
11/4/18

1800 Wheelchair was wonderful. I needed a high end wheelchair to arrive the next morning and they were able to make this happen! Their staff was responsive, followed up on my request, went over different items with me until I found the right fit and then ensured that my item would be there in the time frame requested.
It was a pleasure shopping from them.

joycey19
10/27/18

The arm rest on my wheelchair broke. I called to replace, it was still under warranty. They couldn't find the part so they replaced the whole wheelchair.

Sometimes when ordering multiple products they ship from different warehouses. And arrive separately. I'll have someone on our CSR team reach out to you Monday morning

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

For the most part insurance will not pay for a scooter. Call 1800 Medicare or your insurance carrier just to be sure. We accept credit cards and checks only

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

All walkers come folded in a box and come fully assembled. we recommend adjusting the handles to accommodate the height of the user

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Hello... You can reach me here for details - darren@1800wheelchair.com. We will update the order as soon we more details.

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Hello... Please send me your order # and I'll personally make sure it gets to you. darren@1800wheelchair.com

By Joseph P., 1-800Wheelchair.com Representative

Questions? Get answers from the 1-800Wheelchair.com staff and other customers.

5 Photos for 1-800Wheelchair.com