Review of Allegro Medical

Tel: 1-800-861-3211
accessibility@allegromedical.com

sherrig38
2/1/19

I purchased an item in December which didn't work out. I sent it back UPS that I paid for so it would get there quick for a faster refund. Allegro said they would have to reach out to the distributor where the product was returned to verify that the item was received prior to issuing a refund to me. After no response from Allegro after two attempts.I contacted the distributor direct with the tracking number that showed they got it back with the person who signed for it. They stated they would issue the refund that day and forward it to Allegro. After a week with no refund I contacted Allegro again and they stated they showed no record of a credit being issued from the distributor but would call me when they received it. After no call from Allegro, I called the distributor again, sat on the phone while they verified the item was received, they issued a credit, and they gave me the credit memo number that was issued to Allegro and the email it went to so Allegro would FINALLY issue the refund back to me. Do you think I EVER heard from Allegro? OF COURSE NOT!!! I turned it over to PayPal to finally get it resolved. I had enough of talk with no action. I have never in my entire life seen a company that is so lethargic and unresponsive to their customers. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER again. They lost a potential Customer forever and ALL those in my orbit that is for sure

rafaelc58
10/18/18

I ordered several bottles of over the counter medication. The price was so good I actually thought the site was a scam. The medication arrived within 72 hours. Amazing.

marchb
8/3/18

Followed there measuring instructions for ordering Heel wedge off loading shoe.
Ordered a man extra large. Paid expidiated shipping total costs 6o,44. Called to be exchanged for a man large. Arlene P. arranged for the return label. We returned following all instructions. Never heard from them again. Called Arlene directly she never returned call, called again and never returned call. Finally spoke with Denise Torres, who sent pic and the following "manufacture did not approve refund. " 1. I didn't ask for a refund, 2. I asked for an exchange, 3. I then talked to the manufacture and they are sending a man size large. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. BELIEVE ALL THE OTHER HORRIBLE REVIEWS. i CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS. I HOPE THE MANUFACTURES LEARN HOW SHODDY THIS COMPANY IS. IF I COULD GIVE ZERO STARS I WOULD.

peterb453
7/19/18

I have been a customer of allegro medical since 2012. They have great prices and they usually ship things to me pretty quickly. My last two orders were not like this, however. I order 24 boxes of syringes and 24 boxes of needles, every time. Both of the last two orders have been considerably delayed on the needles. The first time it was no big deal, customer service was very nice, and sent me a different brand of needles that were in stock within a few days. This last time I got the run around by three different customer services agents, no one would help me, promised to send me tracking information but never did, and the last guy travis acted horribly. He was very snotty and rude, but did not mind that allegro medical had already charged me $260 for needles i never got.

This is the last time I will use these people.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time

felixs29
12/8/17

I have never in my life I've ever seen or been to a company that has been in business all this time and still they and still they do not care about the customer or do they care about their products they promised you on their internet as you order that it will leave the building within 2 to 3 days that you should receive it within 10 to 15 days but all this is not true I place my order a month later I have not received my order I called them and they were very nonchalant about the whole thing they wanted to cancel the order right away and act like nothing happened but I would not have that I needed to purchase this white cane for my blind friend who needs this before Christmas I explain that to them they seem willing to work with me the words SEEM to them it is just another word in the dictionary only it means nothing I give them no stars truly but they force you to give you one I am so sorry to say this I am also a nurse and I work in the medical field with lots a home-care patients require a lot of their items but if you need it now I advise you to walk into the nearest medical store place your order there and you can get your things monthly it is such a shame that Allegro will treat their customers where 90% of them are probably disabled or not feeling well post-surgery non surgery but it truly is a shame remember human beings should always be first before the bottom line I would love to say thank you but sorry cannot do that with a clear conscience if you need your thing from Allegro now please do not call them but if you're willing to wait a month or three then go ahead and give them a call love always the consumer

rj82
11/25/15

I have had 2 orders with this company. There was a problem with the first product I bought (not the fault of Allegro, just a defective unit from their supplier) I contacted customer service thru email and they had it replaced within days. I was also sent a prepaid box for the defective item to go back to manufacturer. My second item was shipped right away and works fine. They have the best prices I can find on the internet. I plan on using Allegromedical.com for any health related products. R. Jones

Tip for consumers: They are always running specials on 99 cent shipping.

williams388
11/10/15

I found some ankle braces on the site, purchased them. They don't have very good capability to be kept tight, so I asked for a refund.........WHAT I GOT FOR A RESPONSE WAS "SEND US PICTURES" and we'll evaluate.

REALLY for $50 they want a report! try taking pictures of your own ankles!

In 2015 this is no way to do business. Won't be going back!

mea91
8/7/15

No updates on shipping time, never shipped my order, had to go through paypal to get my money back. Took 2 months! No response from the seller, just a lot of spam emails.

suzh1
7/3/14

My complaint is pretty much the same as many of the others. My item showed in stock And it says it will be shipped within two days on my order confirmation it also says so on the website. I waited and waited and waited and watched for confirmation of shipping which never came I spent days going round and round with customer service who was totally complacent and just kept saying the same thing over and over again "that product comes from our vendor and is not in stock and I'm waiting word of when it will ship as soon as I know I will let you know" they wouldn't even acknowledge the inconvenience they cost me and never even said "I'm sorry"
I finally wrote a message to their Facebook page and got a response there but this person argued with me about the wording of their shipping fulfillment time saying it's 1-3 business days. But apparently he can't count because were seven days out and it still hasn't shipped, if we go by his rules we've still got a problem. I told them to cancel the order several times during each of my correspondence and send me a confirmation. They never did. I also requested a cancelation in the message on Facebook and send a confirmation that it has been done. Reply was that the order had already been shipped, however I still saw no confirmation of that and there was still no tracking information present on their website. 12 hours later I finally received a notice that my order has shipped. Well isn't that suspicious! Supposedly it's actually on its way now.
The bottom line for me is that sometimes things happen sometimes things are out of stock even when they show that they are in stock, that's frustrating to the customer and to the company but it happens and it could've been worked out. What really irritates me about this company is complacent attitude of customer service, the way they gave me the runaround, over and over, how they argued with me, and how they were deceptive by telling me that the product actually shipped, even though it hadn't because they didn't want to cancel my order. They never took responsibility for anything and never apologize. I sure hope the product is what it's supposed to be and arrives in good shape. The other thing that concerns me is a lot of people who are ordering from them are disabled or sick, that usually means they don't have much money and they often don't have the skills or the energy to fight to get with this company should be providing for them. After reading other reviews I feel like my problem with them has been small potatoes compared to some. I really believe this company is targeting and taking advantage of elderly and sick people and that is downright shameful! I sure wish I had looked for reviews about this company before I ordered from them. Take my advice . Thinking about ordering from allegro medical? DONT DO IT! I'd give them - stars if I could!

amandaj16
4/19/13

Allegromedical.com is the ABSOLUTE WORST company to do business with. They messed up the shipping on 2 out of my 3 orders. I order supplies for multiple clinics monthly and was looking to try a new company. My orders all got shipped to the wrong clinics, and if that wasn't bad enough, half of one order showed up at one clinic (the wrong one mind you) and the other half showed up at company headquarters which was never selected as a shipping address ONLY a billing address.

When I called customer service to get a handle on the situation I was told that since the orders had already been delivered that it was out of their hands (even though they were all to wrong addresses!). And that on top of the $30 for expedited shipping I paid Allegromedical.com I would now be responsible for shipping all my items to their respective clinics in different cities on my own dime. They offered no apology and no solution for rectifying the problem. When I asked to speak with a manager I was told she was busy taking other calls but that the service representative could "take down my information". I am yet to hear from her supervisor.

Long story short, save your time AND money and order from ANYONE else. I am going back to Vitality Medical. I will NEVER order from Allegro Medical for ANY of my clinics medical supply needs again.

lesleyg
5/10/12

I bought a product that ended up being very flimsy. I called for an RMA number as I was told to. I called for an RMA# and didn't get it for over six months. GUESS WHAT? It has been a year and I am still out ONE HUNDRED dollars. Never, Never buy from here unless you KNOW the product will not have to be returned. They stole my money. They are dishonest.

bobp7
4/1/11

allegro medical ripped me off!!! they sent me the cheap things i ordere d and never sent me the big item!!! they never respond to calls or emails. if you post negative comment on their wall they don't even care. they keep posting pictures of there staff parties instead. aggravating!!!

williamf1
9/20/10

Do not believe anything they say or promise. While the products are good or at least mine was the 4 day shipping took 6 WEEKS. horrible customer service and no follow through

mt3
7/3/10

Couldn't believe that some other reviews were exactly what had happened to me! BEWARE! Do not order from this company.

dwightk
6/23/10

Ordered on May 8th 2010. card was charged immediately. Was "Awaiting shipment" for 2 weeks, emailed to cancel order NO RESPONSE. Called to cancel,
Still "Awaiting shipment". Made 2 more attempts to cancel got the runaround, threatened to take it up with CC company. NO RESOLUTION, DISPUTED CHARGE WITH cc COMPANY. Finally after 4+ WEEKS there was a credit to my card. I will avoid this company like the plague in the furture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lb2
5/20/10

Several years ago I ordered from this website and experienced no problem. Times change. This time I ordered a product online on a Saturday, and called to cancel it on Monday as soon as the business opened. This company does not answer emails. This company does give the runaround. The reps always said the order was cancelled, but there was always some delay. I received an email that the item was shipped after it had been cancelled, that I should wait until it arrived, call for a free return label, and then call for confirmation that it was returned, etc, etc. Always some excuse. One rep Darryl said he remembered me, he liked me, that I was nice, that he was going to do something to help me. Do not do business with this website. They are not on the up and up. After nearly a month, I turned it over to my credit card company. In less than a week I see I have a refund. Great credit card company. Rotten AllegroMedical.com.

cariem
2/13/10

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!

I ordered two items from Allegro for my mother for xmas. They were shipped in a timely manner, but one was not the right product. Was supposed to be a flag and got a cup holder...go figure. Anyway, today is Feb. 13th! Remember, these were for xmas. I called early Jan and got NICK, I explained my situation and he said he would take care of it and call me back in an hour. No call. That was on a Friday. On the next Tuesday, I called again and got Terri. She said she would EMAIL me an RMA# and I could send it back, then they would mail out the right product. She said the email would be here that day. Guess what, no email. I waited two days and called again. This time I got Bethany. She said they don't email those RMA#'s, they only snail mail them. She said the order had been put thru by Terri and that I should get it within the next 5 days. These people are in Arizona, I am in Florida. How does it take that long to send a simple letter when my mother, who lives in AZ can mail me something and it gets here in 3 days, not priority? Ok, so I waited the 5 days and then gave it a couple more. Again, nothing. I called again this last Wed. This time I got Sarah. SHE said she talked to her supervisor and I don't have to mail the $5 cup holder back, so forget about the RMA#. They would just go ahead and mail out the flag right away. She also said that since I have had such a hard time with this whole thing, she PERSONALLY was going to track my package and, if I emailed her the next day, she would reply with my tracking number so I could trac it also. She said it should be there by Friday, or at the latest Monday. Shipping from Riverside, CA to Tempe, AZ. I emailed her on Thrusday, and again on Friday. Once more, nada. No response. Abysmal, horrid company!!!

If this item is not on my mother's doorstep tomorrow, I am contacting my credit card company to dispute this whole thing. Then I am contacting the Better Business Bereau. I will be scouring the web for any other review sites to let everyone know. DO NOT ORDER FROM ALLEGRO MEDICAL! In my case, they did not even send the right item from the get go! Even keeping track of who I spoke to did not help.

And, BTW, whenever I asked to talk to a supervisor, I was told they are not in the office right now

tn1
1,579 helpful votes
1/9/10

I placed an order on the 14th of December for 2 small containers of theraputty and one bodysock. I received the theraputty within about a week but still have not received the bodysock. Shipping cost me $18 for items that are so small you could stick it in a $10 USPS box. The website did not indicate that the bodysock would be on backorder, and I've tried twice to contact them with my concern. No response. I'm not sure if this is a scam or if the company is just incredibly irresponsible. For these items, next time I'll go straight to therapyshoppe.com.

Questions? Get answers from the Allegro Medical staff and other customers.

Allegro Medical?