DreamWorldTravel

DreamWorldTravel has a consumer rating of 1.66 stars from 120 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. DreamWorldTravel also ranks 121st among Travel Agency sites. The most common issues with DreamWorldTravel are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 7 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 10.5%

• I always use Dream world Travel to buy my flight tickets.
  • I managed to lose my email, but Jim from Customer Services was really quick at having it reissued for me.

• customer service will keep you over the phone waiting for 1 hr after which the line gets cut.
  • I will ask for e tickets immediately or a FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY.
How would you rate DreamWorldTravel?

“thnx”

bills b.
6/15/20

Extremely overwhelmed to receive my refund. It's a difficult time for the travel industry and we thought our money is gone but thanks to Dream World travel to get our money back from the airline which is a difficult task . It's worth waiting 14 weeks as we have received our refund and we completely trust this company and will always purchase tickets from them . Trust worthy company.

“Scamming bastards”

Maria K.
6/22/20

NEVER ever book with these scamming bastards they have taken my money for flights for 4 people and not booked the flights and I've rang them more than 100 times counting on fingers and as soon as someone answers the phone after hours of wait they cut you off! The customer service is so $#*! my dog would provide better customer service than these silly scamming son of a $#*! $#*!ers! Don't be stupid like me to book your flights online with these pricks they will con you and take your money of you I will report to authorities about this travel agency!

customer service (20) refund (53) tickets (43) credit card (14) company (53) 6 weeks (7) travel agency (7) travel agent (6) flight (66) 4 months (5) money (49) singapore airlines (4)
mariak376
June 22nd, 2020
karenm1958
June 19th, 2020
My flight to Los Angeles was cancelled due to Covid 19. Refund claim sent to Dream World on 17 March. Their only response to chasing emails is 'we're busy'. Still no refund although I know that the airline, Air New Zealand, has already refunded them. Credit card charge-back instigated, also very slow, complaint made to the Competition and Markets Authority but still nothing. What is the point of having a law that cancelled flights should be refunded within 7 days, if that law is ignored with impunity?
aliceq10
July 4th, 2020
I booked a holiday for march 2020 but it got cancelled by the airline and it's been over 4 months I have not yet received my refund. This company has to be the most unprofessional and rude company ever. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM !! i called the airline and they confirmed that the refund has been issued to dream world travel but they keep denying it. They always say 6-12 weeks ! Horrible company i will now take legal action towards it
ar525
June 29th, 2020
I booked through them in April and they issued ticket after charging £35 additional admin fee. Then ticket got cancelled by airline and I changed for another day , again they charged £47.
Ticket got cancelled by airline again due to CoVid. Then I contacted them for refund and they are asking again for £35 charge. Waiting for refund for last 6 weeks but no luck, every time there is someone new and a new story.i have attached pictures of email and the charges as well. I have all other proofs of their communication with me.
Terrible experience of my life...
brunaj
April 28th, 2020
Takes your money but does not purchase the ticket, called the airline i was suppose to travel with next Thursday and they have NO RECORD of my booking in the system. DWT try to tell me that they need to contact the airline to process my booking and charge me £35 for admin fee, absolute disgrace as they haven't even used the money for it's intended purpose. Give you a run around with refunds also, avoid at all cost if you want to protect your money.
yusufj12
July 5th, 2020
I booked a flight in march 2020 I was charged for the service but no E ticket was issued I have waited and waited then finally contacted with dreamworld travel asking for Electronic tickets but they never reply to my emails. It was also impossible to contact with them on the phone as they never picked up which then led me to request a charge back from my bank luckily I was refunded by the bank within 3 days
In conclusion avoid this company at all cost they are absolutely scam
sianj7
June 30th, 2020
Like others if I could give a score of 0 I would. No flights booked with airline and no refund. I hope anyone who has has had a similar experience to mine will do as I have done and start reporting this company for fraud. You can report to Ealing trading standards, Action Fraud and ATOL enforcement.Its clear that a lot of the reviews are fake as there is no way these cowboys would get 5 stars!!
zaraj9
July 15th, 2020
This travel agency has nothing to do with the customer service they are prioritizing company police above the customer. Friend of mine booking has been cancelled for no reasons, agent's offer no empathy, putting customers on hold for too long, having rude behavior and bad attitudes, its a bad customer experience. This is an advice to all the people out there DO NOT Book or Reserve any tickets through this travel agency.
hiraw
February 5th, 2020
Very BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE I paid online for my two tickets and they took my payment twice and after that not responding to my emails and calls. Staff is untrained they don't know how to deal with customer just lying about everything and transfer the call to different department then disappeared still I am waiting for my money. Disgusting company unprofessional very rude staff.
Dream W. – DreamWorldTravel Rep
Dear Hira,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience with us.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of enquires which is delaying the response average time.

Given the impact these enquires are causing on our response time, we currently allocated an additional number of team members to ensure all requests are dealt with promptly.

In addition to the above, we have also put in place customer care training to improve our customer service standards.

If there is anything you need assistance with please contact our Customer Care Team at customer.care@dwtltd.com and our team will be happy to assist you.

Once again, we are really sorry you feel we have let you down in this occasion however we are working our very best to address any issues experienced by our customers.

Best wishes,

Customer Care Team @ DWT
paulo377
August 4th, 2020
Been waiting for a refund for 4 months. Heard and recieved some many lies and conflicting emails. Adamant that i have to pay £35 admin fee when i didnt cancel the flight as it was in their T&Cs... then stated they were being charged it by Qatar, then by the 3rd party they booked the flight through.
Request a Subject Assess Request which has been totally ignored.
Timeline keep getting extended...
Do i expect to see my money... No!!

AVOID AVOID AVOID
abhit2
March 8th, 2020
I decided to cancel my booking and the cancellation amount which they quoted me was much higher than Terms. When I raised this with dream travel you never receive any response. I provided them all the evidence including airlines cancellation fees but still no response. In the end I had to submit all the evidence to my credit card company and under section 75 they will assist me to get my money back. Stay well clear as the customer advisors blatantly give you incorrect information and if you challenge them with facts they disappear.
nickl189
January 7th, 2020
I have come across a lot of same reviews on regards to issue with issuance of e-tickets with Dream World Travel.

I bought (fully paid) x4 air tickets back in 31st May 2019 for a flight journey coming this 02 April 2020. After 7 months wait, the
e-tickets are still not being issued to me. I've contacted the airline directly only to be told there isn't any records and reservations made at all, I've called them every months for the past 7 months.

Numerous called and emails also made to Dream World Travel, and same answers as always:
"Confirmation has been sent to you to assure you that your booking is intact with us and ticket will be issued accordingly. Moreover your reservation is in ticketing queue and it is an automatic system..."

To date, it stresses me out as I have still not receive my e-tickets.
I really do hope it gets sorted out asap.

Help!
==========================================================

As of 07.01.2020, a lady name Maryum Zehra from Dream World Travel ext.903 phoned me and offered her help to get this sorted. She apologised and promised to send my e-tickets in next 48-72 hours. I finally received my etickets on the 08/01/2020 after waited for 7 months. All I can say is you need a lot of patience and persistence just to get things done. If you want cheap air fare go for it, but all and all it just not worth the stress!
jamesp1933
April 19th, 2020
This company is just awful and unreliable very difficult to get through on the phone allways get cut off and when u do get through I think your call ends up in India cannot understand a single word they say and as for booking a simple transaction as booking a flight I'm still to receive my e ticket they gave me a code to log in with airline but airline don't have a flight for me so I don't no if this company is a con I've asked for a refund but they say my flight is booked and it's in a que which is just pathetic I will never book with this company again and I warn all u over ppl not to book with them too
mattc313
February 12th, 2020
Terrible service from DW. Sucked in by cheap flight prices, should have known better. I won't bore you with my story, but avoid DW at all costs - terrible company, terrible service. Have seen some positive reviews elsewhere but can only assume these are fake.
Dream W. – DreamWorldTravel Rep
Dear Matt,

We are extremely sorry you feel we have let you down on this occasion.

We are working extremely hard to address any issues our customers are facing before, during and after booking with us.

If you require any assistance at this moment please contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@dwtltd.com and someone from our team will be happy to help.

Once again please accept our apologies and rest assured we are addressing all issues raised by our customers.

Best wishes,

Customer Care Team @ DWT
garyp577
June 21st, 2020
They refuse to refund my cancelled ticket, 3 months I've waited for my refund and nothing. And they just tell you lies by email if you can get a reply. Calls are never answered. Absolute scumbags, please avoid this company. How on earth this lot are allowed to operate in the UK is behond me.
katet99
July 10th, 2020
• Updated review
Despite many emails from my side requesting updates I have received few and very vague replies. They never directly answer queries and have said my refund will come in 8 weeks... And then 9 weeks.. and then 12 weeks. It's been 15 weeks since I applied for the refund and they stopped replying just before the 12 week mark. Could anyone on this site advise me on how to report this company? It is clear they have no intention to refund their customers for cancelled flights despite their terms and conditions promising otherwise.
Will most likely steal your money.
April 2nd, 2020
• Previous review
While I understand how inconvenient the Covid situation is to anyone working in tourism, it is no excuse to avoid costumers for WEEKS. I was told my ticket is refundable and then poof.. nothing. No follow-up, response, details about when the refund may be despite many polite emails requesting this information. Is there any way to report this company for violating their own T's&C's? Is there any way to get my money back or am I too optimistic hoping I didn't make a deal with thieves?
dj306
April 10th, 2020
i have booked 2 tickets with them from Dubai to Istanbul and later from Istanbul to Bishkek. i Have received both tickets. The flights were cancelled by the airlines due to corona virus. So I Wrote several emails to Dream world requesting my refund of my money. They replied that we will contact the airlines and need to wait for at least 6 weeks. No further clarification. Dreamworld also charged me £35/tickets to cover the cost of the refund.
This is warning to other please be careful and avoid this company. No one answer phone calls. Lost more than £200.
I hope someone at dreamworld would care to reply to my request.
craign90
March 12th, 2020
If I could leave a -10 star I would worst so called company I've ever had to deal with tried to change our flights because of travel restrictions due to the Coronavirus they wanted to charge me £450 to change the dates or lose my £1000 Ive already paid this company is trying to make lots of money from the travel restrictions I was then told I will just have to risk my families heath if I wanted to keep my money disgusting please avoid this company at all cost they are robbing people left right and centre the bad reviews speak for themselves avoid!!!
derrickh63
January 13th, 2020
Well, I did get a ticket but there was an ATOL charge on it. The Terms came through by email and it said that this flight would not be covered by ATOL as it originates outside of the UK/Ireland. Contacted on several occasions to get my money back, no luck. They now won't reply to emails. I've referred them to Trading standards.
ms1061
June 16th, 2020
We are still waiting for our refund since February. Our trip was cancelled due to covid 19. Everytime we call the company, they keep saying someone will get back to us but nobody does. They are a complete con, including the managers. Worst travel agent ever!
mohamedm107
June 7th, 2020
I bought tickets from this travel agent, tickets was cancelled by airline,agent not let us know about my cancellation until we asking them.
airline offering free of date change due to COVID-19 situation, if ticket cancelled by airline. but this agency asking to pay extra fares and extra admin fees.
this is worst agency, i don't want to book with agency again.
I'm NOT Recommend this "DREAM WORLD TRAVEL AGENCY"
WORST AGENCY
sarar256
July 8th, 2020
Inform trading standards? The matter should be looked into by an authority because it has been occuring for years. If enough people report, some justice shall be done, hopefully .
gmll
August 4th, 2020
My £18, 069 flights were cancelled at the end of March 2020. No communication from Dream World Travel to advise.
Placed a refund request and was advised I would be refunded in 4 - 6 weeks.
No further correspondence.
No refund
No flight!!
Disgusting.
18 weeks later and still NOTHING!!
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO BUT WARN ANYONE LOOKING TO BOOK WITH THEM. DON'T!!
cl316
March 11th, 2020
Same issue as most other genuine customers: No e-tickets issued for our flights, which were booked over 8 months ago... We fly in 2 months and still haven't received anything from Dream World Travel. I have phoned them on numerous occasions and emailed them too, including raising a formal complaint, and still nothing. Their customer service is the worst I have ever come across, including foreign companies from across the world!
If you have been unlucky enough to get involved with these scam artists, my advice to you would be for you to contact Ealing Trading Standards, Watchdog / Rogue Traders on the BBC and your credit card company for a Section 75 claim, and then post your honest review (unlike all the fake ones out there) on as many review sites and as much social media as possible...
dawnb397
May 28th, 2020
• Updated review
Dream World Travel.
Got money back in full from my bank using charge back. Contacted bank and filled in form for disputed transaction. Needed to send copy of my email asking for refund and email from DWT cancelling the flight. Bank already had info from my account who I had paid and when etc. DWT knew they had to refund me as they never even questioned the banks claw back of my money.

Tip for consumers: Go direct to the flight company don't touch Dream World Travel.

Using Covid 19 to rip the public off
March 20th, 2020
• Previous review
Had my flight today cancelled due to Corona Virus (booked back in September 2019 before the recent lock down)
Got an email from them today stating they will give me a credit note less £70 (£35 per person) fee for the Corona Virus. Talk about ripping consumers off with a stupid excuse to deduct money.
However, I have contacted my bank who will do a charge back for the full amount (taking nothing off for the Covid 19 fee)as the European Law states that if the flights are cancelled by the airline you are entitled to a full cash refund ir a useless credit note.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company who try to rip you off and use silly excuses to keep your money when you are legally entitled to a refund in cash.

I agree with all the above and they are now trying to use the Covid 19 (Corona Virus) as an excuse to rip off the consumers that have been unfortunate enough to have their flights cancelled. Not only are they telling me that because my flight today was cancelled by the airline company so not only did we lose the full cost of that flight we had to pay £500 to use another company to get home. They are telling me that I will lose £35 per person (£70 in total) in fees to cover for the Corona Virus. Why? What will taking money from me do to help the Corona Virus? It is just a way of ripping the consumer off even more. I have been told I will get a credit note for the cancelled flight less £70 but the European Law states I can have a full cash refund of my fees. Simon Calder even said this on this mornings BBC TV you do not have to accept a credit note or another flight at a later date. My bank are going to do a Charge Back for me and they can then fight a bank that knows the law if they want it back.

By dawn b.