Direct Unlocks

Direct Unlocks has a consumer rating of 4.39 stars from 2,417 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Direct Unlocks also ranks 1st among Unlocked Phones sites.

• Great service especially since I don't have to deal with anything but paying.
  • Good service but it costed me almost 80£+ to get my iPhone7 unlocked...

• They say premium service required and try to snatch money again.
  • A con you state unlock in 24 hours and a payment of £14.99 all untrue
How would you rate Direct Unlocks?

“The unlock process was super easy”

Robert L.
1/29/20

The unlock process was super easy. Not much information required except IMEI and telephone service provider. I got my iPhone unlocked in less than 24 hours. Be cautious, there are two payments and is not clearly displayed. Yo pay first 18 UK pounds for a pre-unlocked review, and when they unlock it, you have to pay 40 UK pounds in order to get your unlock code sent via WIFI. I was surprised but I review the purchase and there it was mentioned in small print.

“Scam”

A Z.
1/23/20

I was not clearly informed of the requirement for an additional payment other than the one I already made to unlock my phone. I am seeking a full refund for being mislead by Direct Unlocks when purchasing services. I can see from reviews that I am not the first to be mislead. I have also reported this to Trading standards as the ad breached CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1 and 3.3 (Misleading advertising), 3.7 (Substantiation), 3.17 (Prices), and 3.22 (Prices)

Reviews (2,417)

premium service (14) 24 hours (10) great service (14) 5 stars (8) 6 months (6) good service (15) 90 days (5) easy purchase (12) iphone 6 (8) money (68) payment (132) iphone 7 (3)
robertl1231
January 29th, 2020
shirleyx22
January 20th, 2020
Verified purchase
I am very impressed with your website layout; professionally and aesthetically. I look forward to having my iphone 6 unlocked successfully by your company within the next 24 hours. Thanking you in advance. Yours sincerely, Tania Poole. London, UNITED KINGDOM.
bryanp147
May 6th, 2020
Verified purchase
Order took longer than expected ultimately ended up being just over 24 hours. Phone was unlocked successfully with the first code. I didn't like the fact that it was a two-step and to pay process which was written in very fine print. After making the first payment you're kind of on the hook to make the second if you don't want to get ripped off for the first.
Reason I chose this business: First thing that came up on my search that looked legitimate.
Reason I chose this product: Again, first thing that came up on the search that look legitimate.
patricial618
April 19th, 2020
Verified purchase
So far it has been quite straight forward. I hope I receive confirmation of the phone being unlocked soon. Thank you.
mariag612
January 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
Really easy to make a transaction. Compared to other sites will definitely recommend and use again.
Thank you. Happy New year.
robd168
April 20th, 2020
Verified purchase
Easy to use, quick on delivery, the price was a little much but delivered on what I need so cant grumble thank you.
Reason I chose this product: As needed phone unlocked
charlesv211
April 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
First payment method did not go through and returned an error message telling me to contact support. No link to support was provided, and when I searched on my own throughout your webpage to find customer support it seemed nonexistent. This is information you need to make extremely easy to find for your customers. Ideally by providing a direct link to customer support along with your error message.
donnal432
January 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
Session timed out after I entered in all my info and gave no warning. When I pressed "Send payment", it opened a page asking me to enter an email address of the person I wanted to send money to and the amount. Very confusing. Second attempt starting from square one without hesitation seemed to work fine.
charlesq44
February 26th, 2020
Verified purchase
• Updated review
All good so far but didn't expect to have 2 payments to make worked out £8 more than my local phone shop
Reason I chose this business: Looked good at the first payment
All good so far
February 11th, 2020
• Previous review
alexm998
May 9th, 2020
Verified purchase
• Updated review
Comprehensive set of codes, allowed me to unlock my phone fairly quickly (despite confusing instructions from Samsung and my service provider).
Reason I chose this business: Price seemed reasonable and wait times were short. However, once I was committed, there were additional costs that were not clear up front, so the service ended up more expensive than I expected.
Reason I chose this product: Network provider unable to assist because of COVID-19 lockdown
very easy to purchase, thank you
April 25th, 2020
• Previous review
dagimb
February 4th, 2020
I am not received so far almost 3 weeks My iPhone 11 they email me to unlock it with two weeks
jackn137
January 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
Very fast and easy process to order. If it works for me, then I would love to do business with Direct Unlocks again.
stephaniem1159
April 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
My phone has been locked 3 weeks today. I contacted Vodafone and filled in the request form but still haven't had a response. If you can get my devise unlock especially at this difficult time I will be most happy
Kind Regards
Beverley
dorothyb183
January 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
Seems pretty straight forward up until now, if the unlock is done within the next 24 hours as stated then I give it 5*
karenh1555
April 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
100% for your wonderful service to unlock an old phone to give to a family member who sadly had a stroke on the morning of lock down and remains in hospital without visits. To say I am ignorant I'm matters of tech would be an understatement. So THANKYOU x
Reason I chose this business: A family member found you on google, rated the best site to use.
Reason I chose this product: Just what we needed at the time of covid lockdown and couldn’t access our local phone shop.
az128
January 23rd, 2020
dann200
January 6th, 2020
Verified purchase
So far so good but not unlocked yet......Please read the small print as it is a 2 part payment
leet163
January 27th, 2020
Verified purchase
Good communication and very helpful. Unlocked worked as promised although had to pay the Network as the phone was still in contract.
Reason I chose this business: Reviews and information available
Reason I chose this product: Needed to unlock my phone
jerrys421
January 13th, 2020
They advertise a $19.99 unlock fee and then hit me with another $109.00 fee to finish the unlock. Then it took 20 days of very slow progress to finally tell me that my phone was "blacklisted" by the carrier. Very slow service and deceitful practices to take money from you. They do not offer and refund but instead offered a voucher for the next time I use their service. Which I most definitely will not do.
patriciav243
April 19th, 2020
Verified purchase
Its pretty simple and easy.but not sure how far its gonna work as i m doing it for the first time
danp553
April 9th, 2020
Verified purchase
This far service has been amazing, I'm told my new phone will be unblacklisted in 1-5 days. Will keep you posted with another review when completed...
markp986
April 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Seems easy but I have yet to see if it has worked out. Only just paid. Maybe a better score later
paulk838
February 25th, 2020
Verified purchase
dong the payment looks a little sketchy but other then that I look forward to having great experience with you all
naphtalim
January 12th, 2020
Shady ordered on the 26th of December and up until now my iPhone has not been unlocked.

I have emailed numerous times however the responses I got are not helpful. They make you pay and run away with your money. Won't even offer fixing the issue or refunding me my money. All I get is that your phone has been unlocked if not I will have to pay more money.

Avoid honestly they just still your money.
benb503
March 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
Bit unfair to ask my opinion of the service until my phone is unlocked don't you think?

Scam. Stay away from it! 1. Price offered is not what is actually charged. After 24 hours they ask for more money; 2. After you hand out more money an automated timer that adds 1% everyday kicks in and slows the process in a manner that the time frame for a complaint with your bank is no longer available. MOST IMPORTANT 3. They stop responding emails and you DON'T get the phone unlocked. Stay away from it!

By Thiago F.
See more answers (8)

This company must close down,they are totally Na scammers

By Long C.

The first time they charge me $28 and then I can they charge me $35 and then they went for one week and then they told me my phone is not eligible to unlock and then when I was in refund nobody respond

By Eliyas A.