Review of UnlockBase

Tel: +1-800-292-5216
info@unlockbase.com

lenourym
2/15/19

They cheated me 3 times! Attention are always iphoneimei.net (which was banned by trustpilot because they were charged to have 5 stars). Not purchased from this site! They will not give you what they promise!

jackb382
2/15/19

I think most of their reviews may be false or mis-leading..
I had 2 phones they could not unlock... Pass on them

wendys263
2/8/19

Before posting this review I went back and reviewed the company's website and T&C's to make sure I didn't miss anything but no, this is a scam and a lie. I don't know how they have positive reviews, I can only assume most of them are fake. First you check the compatibility of your phone and they let you know if they can unlock it - mine is an iPhone XS and said no problem. Then you pay a fee - $29.99 in my case. You receive an email saying your phone will be unlocked in a few days. Way down in the fine print of the T&Cs it says that "if the unlock is temporarily unavailable you may be charged more than the flat fee" what does that even mean? how can something be temporarily unavailable in this case? So a few days later I received an email saying that my phone was unlocked, but in order for it to stay unlocked, I need to pay them over $100 or my phone would be relocked in 14 days. Even weirder is everything was initially priced in dollars, but since then it's been priced in British pounds. Oh and you get no refund for your "pre-payment" so that's just lost money. It's cheaper to just go to your network provider to unlock it. And now I wonder what they're going to do with my information that I stupidly provided to them. Looking back it had scam written all over it, I guess I've learned my lesson. Obviously I will not be paying their ransom money and will go directly to my network provider and hope my identity hasn't been stolen. I'll also be reporting them to the BBB and reporting fraud on my credit card so they can't charge me more. Please, please do your research before you give these scammers any money.

fattys
6/1/18

First, on their website they mention they unlock all kinds of phones, my phone was on their list. I made the transaction and was happy to receive the unlock code promptly. I tried that code they gave me several times with faliures , thinking I put the wrong consequence, but NO it kept on telling me unlock unsuccessful! I ask them q\a question, they answer with a different answer far away from the question you ask! They make you feel like you and them dont speak the same language! WHY YOU MENTION YOU CAN UNLOCK A LIST OF THE PHONES AND IT DOESNT WORK! You can mention you CAN not you WILL!

cyrilc24
2/8/18

what will happen if im not sure with my carrier network and i check it out?
what assurance i would get

tobyf12
8/29/17

My phone is tied to a service provider in the US and I need it unlocked since I need to move overseas. I heard about UnlockBase so I tried it. It was a smooth transaction, got my phone unlocked faster than expected. I really recommend trying this one if you have the same concern.

andreag47
8/14/16

1) They lure you in by saying it's free.

2) You give your email (big mistake) and then they tell you it costs $50 to unlock a phone that is not even worth $10. So you say goodbye

3) They start spamming you NIGHT AND DAY. You hit unsuscribe at the bottom of their spam and nothing happen.

4) You send angry emails and they keep replying with annoying implications that they are a serious business and have done nothing wrong. Sorry, JOHN Co-Founder & Ceo, you are a jerk.

5) Oh, and now they started THREATENING me that if I don't remove this review, they will register an internet domain in my name and post offensive/criminal stuff there. Good riddance to any appearance of respectability!

Response from Anatoly B., UnlockBase Representative
1) There is free unlock code program for "Video Testimonials" details on our Blog: https://www.unlockbase.com/blog/unlock-your-phone-free-today/
2) We show our price after you select the model and network of your device, you don't have to enter email to see pricing
3) Once you place order with email you start receive email from us, with a unsubscribe link available at the bottom of every email
4) Don't know what you're talking about.
5) Don't know what you're talking about.
raphaeld11
1/28/16

It started by asking why a certain link on there webpage was not working and they replied whit instructions on how to unlock phones... Euuhhh What !? Then e-mailed to John (ceo) and ask the same question and anwserd the same but finally he sent an other e-mail saying that it's fix. Now im having problem s whit orders that are not deliverd on time exp: 1to3 days for certaine unlock but i waited 2 weeks and still not receive it but instead got my account canceled and never got the dam code that me and my client waited for. When i ask for when i will be getting my code he replied in the first mail that he ask for to cancel the order to his supplier instead of getting information or to give hes supplier a reminder. Total wast of your time this onprofessioneel website. Seriously Not good at all

Response from Anatoly B., UnlockBase Representative
I just subscribe to SiteJabber and I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience.
UnlockBase is under a new ownership since few month now and I will be happy to make up for the bad experience you had with us in the past if you contact me by email.

Questions? Get answers from the UnlockBase staff and other customers.

1 Photo for UnlockBase