CysterWigs

CysterWigs has a consumer rating of 4.38 stars from 101 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. CysterWigs also ranks 4th among Wigs sites.

• Super and personalized customer service, great sales and the easiest return policy around.
  • Heather doesn't sell products that she hasn't seen first in person.

• So sad that the customer service is so bad at Cysterwigs.
  • Oddly enough, the other popular online wig shops have access to most wigs that Cyster Wigs say are on back order.
How would you rate CysterWigs?

“the only wig store i trust”

a p.
3/7/20

I've never had a problem ordering from cysterwigs. Everything always comes correct and on time. I don't trust any other site to buy my wigs from after finding cyster wigs!

“they don't post (-) reviews on their site”

jessica c.
4/22/19

i've purchased many wigs from them, some i should not have kept, but that's my own fault. nonetheless, i posted, or attempted to post, a negative review about a very well reviewed wig-photos and all. they never posted it. i rely on other people's reviews to help me with what i'm in the market for. i think it's poor business practice to take people's money and not give them a fair shake and the transparency to learn from other people's experiences. i will not be purchasing from them again.

customer service (39) return policy (6) order (49) video reviews (7) heather (38) youtube videos (3) bio hair (3) 2 wigs (3) wig reviews (4) color (38) wig purchases (3) post office (3)
jv73
March 22nd, 2019
They set expectations about when your product will be fulfilled, ship out, and arrive. They don't come close to meeting those expectations, and they don't follow up with you to let you know when the item will be fulfilled. They just leave you in limbo. After cancelling my item and getting refunded, I got a package for someone in another state. They had no sense of urgency at all in replying to my emails. The poor woman who ordered the product could just wait, they did not care at all. They need to set realistic expectations, stick to them, and show some concern for the customer........ that really is not asking too much
michellem733
February 20th, 2019
I should have learned my lesson when this company screwed up my order last time making me wait almost a month for a wig on clearance but it happened again. Well, the first time my wig was accidentally sent to the wrong customer making me wait for a replacement.

This time Cysterwigs didn't even ship the order. I contacted customer service to find out what was going on and was told I should track the wig myself..... ummmm yeah - that's what I've been doing and the post office said the item was never received by them. Looked like a shipping label was made but USPS was waiting to accept the package. It's been 3 weeks and Cysterwigs won't help but my local news station has a consumer reporter who will help me resolve this. Fraud. Pure and simple.
lizl120
July 3rd, 2019
I have been shopping with CysterWigs for about three years. When I get good service, I am loyal and I switched from Wigs.com to help a small business owner woman.

When I first started ordering from them, the products were always in stock and the deliveries were prompt. Now, there seem to be more out of stock products and delivery takes twice as long as before.

I will still support them but may have to go back to Wigs.com because they seem to be much quicker and I have never had a problem with them.

That said, the staff at CysterWigs has been very courteous and responsive, most of the time and I still think highly of Heather and her company.

Tip for consumers: You should call or email the staff to check stock on any particular unit before placing an online order.

jessicac470
April 22nd, 2019
reem2
January 6th, 2019
I wanted to love this company......but they are seriously lacking in organization. I have ordered several wigs from them, some were fine; some I returned. What gets me is it's a whole week before you receive any details on whether the wig is even available! Is it on backorder? What is the status? Keep me informed at least. I finally tried NameBrandWigs and got my purchase within a week. Like I said, I wanted to love this company but they gotta get it together!
ap363
March 7th, 2020
ilonal7
December 9th, 2019
Amazing customer service, excellent return policy and service, competitive pricing and sales, daily connection with customer base. The owner runs this company from the heart and you can tell. Even her new "economy" fashion wigs are incredible quality. Plus she has an amazing selection of both synthetic and human hair wigs.
gingerc45
March 2nd, 2019
Just starting my journey with wigs and CysterWigs has been a treasure trove of help. Heather's reviews on color and style have helped tremendously and and the few that I have purchased from here have all been just as advertised. So far they have had some good sales and seem to have something on sale each week. I would highly recommend them to anybody interested in a beautiful wig at a great price.
ss354
July 8th, 2018
Awful place to do business! I wouldn't even waste my time when there are better online wig stores to do business, such as samsbeauty . com who is much cheaper by the way and have tons of customers on youtube who give real reviews on their products.
Nick D. – CysterWigs Rep
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate your insight to our business practices and will take them into consideration as we move forward and grow as a company. We are sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your experience with us.

Have a beautiful day,

-CysterWig Team
kathym618
May 10th, 2019
I ordered a wig on 3-22-19 Cost $70.81 (30% off sale at the time) Be aware, if you do not have a working printer you can not even get a refund because they require you fill out a form. I shipped the wig back the day after it was delivered. I waited patiently but still NO REFUND. Finally on 5-10-19 Almost 7 weeks later. I sent an email to *******@cysterwigs.com - They Do Not have a phone number to a real customer service dept - all you get is a recording. I got an email back that they had issued a refund for $52.03 and stated it would take several days. I copied my responce to their emal...
This is so bad - so wrong. You think it's OK that I still don't have a refund on an item purchased on March 22, 2019 And then you have the nerve to steal $19.00 I need to know the date the refund was issued. It has been almost 7 weeks now. How many is several days ? STOP sending me Emails. Your company can not issue a refund but you can send me an email every other day. I would have been a really good customer. Not that anyone will care... but I will never order from you guys again. Not after this experience.
jeng67
May 17th, 2019
I had a good buying from this site. It's a very fun and informative website. The prices are good, they really give nice discounts when you join. The policies are clear and customer service is friendly and prompt.
marnic2
April 30th, 2019
I've ordered four wigs from CysterWigs so far, and every experience has been great. I will definitely be ordering much more from them in the future. The site is really helpful with informative information about each wig. Many times there are pictures of the wigs on someone who works at CysterWigs, so you can see what it looks like on a real person. They also have tons of YouTube video reviews that are so helpful. Their Instagram account posts pictures of their clients in their wigs...another way to see them on real people. I'm a big fan of this site and the shopping experience.
diannap14
September 19th, 2018
If you are new to wigs I suggest you do your homework. Go to a shop and try one on along with getting familiar with colors. Also read the fine lines. I purchased a wig from here, it was to much for me. It was to long and the hair laid funny against my face. The color was not natural looking even for dyed hair. I called the store to get directions on returning and low and behold here is where the "fine line" comes in. I will pay a restocking fee of 40.00 plus pay for the shipping label not given a cost on that. When I asked why it was so high considering the wig was only 104.04 on sale i was told I should have read the return policy. I had! Then the male on the phone explained to me that they had to make sure there was no damage and that it did not smell-----how insulting. Sooo needless to say I will never deal with this company again and I cannot stress enough BUYER BEWARE
Nick D. – CysterWigs Rep
We apologize that you were not satisfied with the level of customer service that you received, Dianna. The return policy is in place to ensure that both customer and business can remain protected throughout the return process. We thank you for your business this time, and wish you the best on your wig hunt in the future. :)
suzannahs1
October 16th, 2018
I have no doubt that most of the positive reviews for Cyster Wigs come from the employees there or friends and relatives of employees or the owner. The customer service is truly so unprofessional and it is such a shame because there are other options for ordering wigs such as namebrandwigs.com, which offers a professional, well trained customer service staff and products for less money. The inventory at Cyster Wigs is lacking. Oddly enough, the other popular online wig shops have access to most wigs that Cyster Wigs say are on back order. They plain don't care about customer satisfaction or respect at Cyster Wigs.
Nick D. – CysterWigs Rep
Thank you for your review, Suzannah! Our reviews come from multitudes of locations, sites, and people, if you'd like to learn more about the specifics, shoot us an e-mail and we'd be happy to share the information with you! :) We apologize that the customer service and inventory levels were not to your liking. We value customer satisfaction and respect above all else at CysterWigs, they are pillars of our company ideals. We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of us and hope you the best in your future wig searches, whether that be with us or one of our competitors.

Have a wonderful day,
Nick D.
kimc362
September 4th, 2018
I picked cysterwigs because they promoted the ease of finding your perfect style and color through countless returns. If that is your main reason too, please reconsider using cysterwigs. I ordered a wig style that I love but was looking for something different for color. I was out of town when it arrived (in hindsight I should have not ordered it before I went out of town), when I got home and checked it out I immediately messaged them to see about another color. Every time I communicated with them it seems like it was a day or two before I got a response. Long story short, the 14 day window was gone before I knew it. Please be careful if you order, make sure it's a color/style you already know you're going to love.
jenns104
April 22nd, 2019
I've always had EXCELLENT experiences with Cysterwigs! They make purchasing easy, offer excellent discounts, and accept returns! This is not your typical hair place! I LOVE the hair reviews and color spotlights that Heather does on YouTube and often base my hair decisions off of those reviews. The customer service has always been by far some of the best!! Would highly recommend this experience to anyone!!
tiffanym182
March 14th, 2019
This is the only place I will ever buy wigs! I can't say enough good things about cysterwigs. Heather and her staff are amazing and are willing and able to answer any and all questions that you may have. I love the fact that Heather does her own reviews on all the wigs because they often look different than the model photo!
You will not regret shopping here! And just in case you do it's probably a problem on your end not with the company.
sallyg28
September 23rd, 2017
I thought Cysterwigs was a great company.....at first. I have purchased 5 wigs from them and all went well until I tried to exchange two wigs. I got an email from * saying they would not accept my return because the wigs smelled like smoke!!! I was livid. No one here smokes and I stored them no where near the kitchen. You really don't have a leg to stand on with Cysterwigs. Their decision is gospel whether it's based on fact or fiction. I'm out a few hundred dollars which is so frustrating.
If you read the small print, you'll find almost all online wig businesses have unreasonable fees for changing anything in your order. Restocking fees of 20% plus other "hidden charges" for any return or exchange. Something should be done about this. What bothers me the most is that * and her minions prey on folks with cancer and allopecia who are already experiencing one of life's biggest challenges. Im only buying from my local wig store from now on. I won't support this travesty. I'd like to know how the people in these businesses sleep at night.

*Personal information redacted by admin
heatherh91
Heather H. – CysterWigs Rep
This particular customer was added to the blacklist for our store because she was abusive to our staff regarding the nature of her rejected return. The return was rejected because it smelled of cooking oil, indicating to our inspectors that she not only wore the wig, but had cooked while wearing it. It is our policy to not accept worn returns because no one would want to purchase a wig in that condition.

To resolve this situation, we gave Sally a 100% full refund on the order in question as well as a 100% refund on an order she recently received. We provided this additional refund to be fair to the customer since, by adding her to the store's blacklist, she would not be able to initiate a return process on the second wig.

This client revealed to us that she had difficulty shopping with other stores. Her behavior is most likely the reason why. We do not want to do business with people who are abusive to our staff or who refuse to abide by the terms published on our site.
suzettes15
August 30th, 2018
So sad that the customer service is so bad at Cysterwigs. They don't keep their website updated so when you order something, you have no idea whether or not it is in stock. Five days after my last order was "confirmed" I was informed that one of the wigs I purchased was on back order for two months. Why it was still available on their website and why they didn't notify me immediaafter I had placed my order is a mystery. Then when I contacted them, the customer service was terrible. I've spoken to several ladies who answer the phone at Cysterwigs and none of them are professional or act like they care about the customer. I don't understand the past reviews who stated the customer service is good. All the competent employees must have quit. I have now started ordering from a wig company called wigsbypattispearls.com. They have the same 30% off and free shipping on $50 orders. They are incredibly professional and go the extra mile to accommodate their customers.
Nick D. – CysterWigs Rep
Thank you for taking the time to write this Suzette. We are always striving to provide the absolute best customer service that we can to every visitor to our site. We apologize that you feel you did not receive this level of service, as you should have. Your feedback will be utilized in making sure that we as a company can grow and achieve our goal of complete customer satisfaction. We are happy to hear that you were able to satiate your wig needs elsewhere!

You are much appreciated,
-CysterWig Team
barbaral292
October 21st, 2018
I love CysterWigs selection and pricing, as well as the great video reviews. Unfortunately, it seems that most times I place an order, the wig/wigs I really am excited about receiving is/are either backordered or, I have some kind of delivery problem. The latter was the case this last time around. I had ordered two wigs and was really looking forward to receiving them. Alas, they didn't show up. I used the tracking link provided which indicated they were on their way. I waited patiently, but nothing showed up. So, I contacted my local post office about the shipment. They said they didn't have it at their facility, but that they would check in to it for me. I waited a few more days and got nowhere. I finally contacted CysterWigs for help. Their customer service rep, Jo, said it looked like there was some problem with the warehouse and she would look into it and get back to me. I then received an email from Annie, who took the reins and did a great job of handling my order. When all was said and done, I received both wigs which I truly adore. I'll be posting my reviews on each shortly.
Thank you to CysterWigs and such a great staff. Hopefully, I won't run into this situation again. But if I do, I will make sure to contact CWCS sooner than later.
Situation Satisfied
annb438
August 20th, 2019
Flirt Alert by RW is a winner! The style, color, fit and workmanship is fabulous. Ordering from CysterWigs was awesome. Great price and stellar service.
Looking fabulous Cyster!!! (:
I love love love the layers and length on Flirt Alert.
Thank you for showing us your new 'do!
We love when our Cysters are happy!

Have a great hair day!
-Bridgett<3
callies22
February 8th, 2019
I was shocked to be treated so horribly from a company that got such good reviews. Afterwards, though, I read the reviews more carefully, and it seems that everything is fine unless you have a problem, and then they get angry at you for asking them to help you solve a problem. I should also have been warned off when I couldn't get through to ask a question before my order was placed, but I rationalized for them that at the end of the year, they were especially busy.

Lately, the owner, Heather, has even been posting videos ranting about customers taking advantage of her, saying that they're a new tiny company, basically rationalizing their mistakes. Sorry, toots, if you can't handle your business, stop growing it. And don't let people steal from you for sure, but don't whine to the internet at large, and then use it as an excuse to berate anyone asking for help. I think I must have suffered from that backlash attitude of "Customers are trash if they're asking something."

For the record, I just wanted help picking out what to trade something for, and after getting NO help on the phone (according to Heather, that's what you get with a small company), the email support just told me everybody's different, and THEY don't know what I want if I don't. When I tried to explain my question again, they just got rude, then Heather herself accused me of being abusive. (I never was: the worst thing I said was I don't think you understood my question, Let me try again so we can all be on the same page.)

Heather is all sweet and cute in her reviews and tries to disguise harsh and whiney as "transparent," but it comes down to Cysterwigs is not concerned with customer service; they're concerned with not being bothered by customers. If your order goes off without a hitch, you'll never know what awful people they are. I wouldn't take a chance. I'll certainly never shop there again.

She whines that Wigs.com and Name Brand Wigs have been around longer and have bigger staffs than she does. Well, they do better jobs. I've shopped with both of them, had to make returns with both, and had great --friendly--customer service from both. I don't care WHY Cysterwig's customer service sucks, I just care that it did. And doesn't it say something that so many people are complaining to her that she feels soooo put upon? Maybe she should just run the business so that people don't get so mad they feel they're entitled to a coupon. If people are really ordering tons of wigs, reviewing them, then sending them back, that is clearly fraud. But can't she prove that?

And if you're not warned off by this review, go the the outlet site and read all of the rules for shopping there. It's like TSA over there. And, no Heather, not every clearance site refuses returns. Name Brand Wigs accepts returns on clearance items, and many clothing stores online (Nordy's) accept returns on clearance items.

Tip for consumers: Don't

susano132
March 9th, 2019
Love the special order color of Kona wig from Cysterwigs. Exceptional customer service. The staff were kind, helpful and knowledgeable.
anitah93
May 30th, 2019
the main reason I even started buying wigs from Cysterwigs was because of TAZ's informational, upfront reviews. This store has morphed, with evident growing pains of a greedy adolescent.
I lost 40.00 on a transaction - for a $230 wig with no coupons. Then they wanted another 40.00 to reorder the same wig in the original desired color.

If you are not sure about a wig, don't buy here. Returns are not 'easy' but stressful, time consuming and very costly. More often than not, STOCK is 0 or low as wigs are not 'in stock' - they are only A broker.
*read the fine print - as things have changed there - not for the better.

Tip for consumers: Buy items and don't return. Sell online - so you won't have to lose money on 'their' processing costs, fees, wig sniffing, restocking, shipping, videos.... EXPENSIVE RETURNS!!!

sheilam200
May 3rd, 2019
My new favorite site to order wig. Plus the YouTube videos are so helpful. Thank you for all you do!

Yes! Most of them are in my opinion. You won't find better anywhere else.

By Tiffany M.
See more answers (3)

In stock! No long lead times waiting for manufacturers.

By Ilona L.
See more answers (3)

I agree with namebrand wigs. Also, check out galaxiewigs.com

By Heather W.
See more answers (2)

My order came really fast, less than a week. Faster than what they said.

By Gail B.
See more answers (2)

Yes we are! :) Our business operates out of peachy Athens, Georgia USA.

By Nick D.

CysterWigs no longer ships to any country outside the continental USA.

By Heather H.,

I'm sorry, but it is currently sold out. The good news is that if you go on the site and select a color, it will let you know if it is in stock or not. If not, you can add your email or phone number and they will email or text when it is back in stock ;-)

By Krynn C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the CysterWigs staff and other customers.

CysterWigs - Wigs for women. Specializing in wigs for women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). We are also huge supporters of the LGBT community.

heatherh91
Heather H.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CysterWigs?

Have a question about CysterWigs?