Review of CysterWigs

Tel: 123-987-6543
heather@cysterwigs.com

gailb95
3/15/19

I really love this wig. The color ,blending and highlights are outstanding. It really looks like human hair. It's gorgeous, everything is perfect about it. So many compliments, they think it's my hair. I tell them it's a wig and there in disbelief. And then I have to tell them all where I bought it from. This is my absolute favorite and I have a lot of wigs. It's my go to wig. It's so believable and real looking. This wig is a must have. I also couldn't believe how fast it came, less than a week. The service is great. I'm so Happy.

sherryr88
3/15/19

AS ALWAYS, THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY IS GREAT! HEATHER'S TEAM IS AWESOME, SO HELPFUL, SO KIND, AND VERY PROFESSIONAL.

tiffanym182
3/14/19

This is the only place I will ever buy wigs! I can't say enough good things about cysterwigs. Heather and her staff are amazing and are willing and able to answer any and all questions that you may have. I love the fact that Heather does her own reviews on all the wigs because they often look different than the model photo!
You will not regret shopping here! And just in case you do it's probably a problem on your end not with the company.

susano132
3/9/19

Love the special order color of Kona wig from Cysterwigs. Exceptional customer service. The staff were kind, helpful and knowledgeable.

gingerc45
3/2/19

Just starting my journey with wigs and CysterWigs has been a treasure trove of help. Heather's reviews on color and style have helped tremendously and and the few that I have purchased from here have all been just as advertised. So far they have had some good sales and seem to have something on sale each week. I would highly recommend them to anybody interested in a beautiful wig at a great price.

debt22
2/22/19

Heather's videos explaining color and style are spot on. They steered me in the right direction and I've been satisfied with my purchases.

michellem733
2/20/19

I should have learned my lesson when this company screwed up my order last time making me wait almost a month for a wig on clearance but it happened again. Well, the first time my wig was accidentally sent to the wrong customer making me wait for a replacement.

This time Cysterwigs didn't even ship the order. I contacted customer service to find out what was going on and was told I should track the wig myself..... ummmm yeah - that's what I've been doing and the post office said the item was never received by them. Looked like a shipping label was made but USPS was waiting to accept the package. It's been 3 weeks and Cysterwigs won't help but my local news station has a consumer reporter who will help me resolve this. Fraud. Pure and simple.

callies22
2/8/19

I was shocked to be treated so horribly from a company that got such good reviews. Afterwards, though, I read the reviews more carefully, and it seems that everything is fine unless you have a problem, and then they get angry at you for asking them to help you solve a problem. I should also have been warned off when I couldn't get through to ask a question before my order was placed, but I rationalized for them that at the end of the year, they were especially busy.

Lately, the owner, Heather, has even been posting videos ranting about customers taking advantage of her, saying that they're a new tiny company, basically rationalizing their mistakes. Sorry, toots, if you can't handle your business, stop growing it. And don't let people steal from you for sure, but don't whine to the internet at large, and then use it as an excuse to berate anyone asking for help. I think I must have suffered from that backlash attitude of "Customers are trash if they're asking something."

For the record, I just wanted help picking out what to trade something for, and after getting NO help on the phone (according to Heather, that's what you get with a small company), the email support just told me everybody's different, and THEY don't know what I want if I don't. When I tried to explain my question again, they just got rude, then Heather herself accused me of being abusive. (I never was: the worst thing I said was I don't think you understood my question, Let me try again so we can all be on the same page.)

Heather is all sweet and cute in her reviews and tries to disguise harsh and whiney as "transparent," but it comes down to Cysterwigs is not concerned with customer service; they're concerned with not being bothered by customers. If your order goes off without a hitch, you'll never know what awful people they are. I wouldn't take a chance. I'll certainly never shop there again.

She whines that Wigs.com and Name Brand Wigs have been around longer and have bigger staffs than she does. Well, they do better jobs. I've shopped with both of them, had to make returns with both, and had great --friendly--customer service from both. I don't care WHY Cysterwig's customer service sucks, I just care that it did. And doesn't it say something that so many people are complaining to her that she feels soooo put upon? Maybe she should just run the business so that people don't get so mad they feel they're entitled to a coupon. If people are really ordering tons of wigs, reviewing them, then sending them back, that is clearly fraud. But can't she prove that?

And if you're not warned off by this review, go the the outlet site and read all of the rules for shopping there. It's like TSA over there. And, no Heather, not every clearance site refuses returns. Name Brand Wigs accepts returns on clearance items, and many clothing stores online (Nordy's) accept returns on clearance items.

Tip for consumers: Don't

rutha153
1/23/19

I got my order in a timely manner and they have great coupons to help you get the best price possible

dorindaw3
1/23/19

Love my wigs and the great customer service! I have purchased many wigs from this company and there is only one that I didn't care for. I love how the sales team helps with color and style suggestions. I purchased Jamila ( in my profile pic) and I love the color rooted auburn. It's a curly one and so much fun to wear for a night on the town. The lace front is done nicely and the texture is beautiful!

kimberlyr153
1/23/19

Since Oct 2018, I have purchased about 1 dozen wigs from Cysterwigs. All transactions have been seamless and my interactions with the client help desk have been very helpful and professional. Heather runs her business with integrity, passion and heart. She spends countless hours making videos for color spotlights and wig reviews and posts them all on YouTube. Watching these videos have helped me come to a decision on style, color and just learning more about wigs in general. Her passion has carried over to color codes and creating/customizing special colors as well which is great. I also love that she models most wigs AND will not carry any styles or brands that she feels is low quality. I feel this truly shows that she cares about her customers. The coupon codes are always available and save you money. The website itself is very user friendly. As you can tell, I'm a huge Cysterwigs fan and a customer for life!

pamelag165
1/22/19

I began wearing wigs/toppers just this past fall. I initially ordered three wigs, as I had absolutely no idea as to how I would look in any of them. I kept one and returned two. I had no problem at all with Cysterwigs promptly issuing me credits for the returns. I later ordered two wigs, returning one because of color. Again, I was issued a credit Promptly. (For some reason, I could not initiate one return online and had to contact customer service via telephone. For some unknown reason I was issued a refund rather than a credit.) Once I understood what products flatter me, I had no issue with utilizing the credits for other purchases. The site is organized well and easily accessible. The online wig reviews are quite helpful, although it would be nice to include more models who are more petite. Wigs that look great on Heather can overwhelm a tinier person. I did have one minor problem in my attempt to address an order issue. It was actually never resolved; however, I let it go because the problem was minor. It would be helpful for me to receive notifications as to when to expect receipt of an order. I have been waiting for an order for around a month with no indication as to when I will receive it. I do receive shipping notifications but little else in terms of updates. More information would be helpful. Despite some very minor customer service issues, I have been very pleased with Cysterwigs. Highly recommend.

beverlyb165
1/20/19

I have never had a bad experience with Cysterwigs! Heather is the best model and is so real and personable. I love Heather! Usually buy Jon Renau, but the quality has gone down. I will still buy from Cysterwigs, but need to go with different wig maker. More wigs by Cysterwigs, Heather!

mp232
1/17/19

They do have a fair selection and awesome customer reviews with pictures; in fact, this is why I ordered from them. I felt guilty about always checking reviews there and then ordering somewhere else. Their prices are about the same as everyone else's.

Where they fall short is customer service. First, the phone people can only apparently take orders or check on orders, If you want to know anything about products, you have to play email tag. And they don't keep you updated about order status. I placed an order and two weeks and several emails later (giving up on long phone hold times), they finally told me my item was on backorder. I was NOT listed on back order on the site. Who knows how long they would have kept my money if I hadn't stayed on top of them.

Someone else mentioned that they found customer service combative, and this was my situation. I asked several direct questions via email in trying to sort out an exchange (I wasn't even trying to get a refund), and they did not answer even one of them. I wanted to know about color, and they basically just told me color is subjective. I get that what is too light to one person might not be to another, so I specifically asked how a color from one brand compared to one from a brand I knew to make it NOT subjective. Then they just sent me screen shots that I had obviously already seen. Clearly they didn't care about what I wanted to know. And if they didn't know, the answer was, "I don't know." And they accused me of being hateful. By the way, I was going for an exchange because their return charge is WAY too high!

I'm sticking to NameBrandWigs. They even call me when an item goes on backorder and help me choose an alternative. They are helpful with color, style, density, and are always sweet on the phone. Their prices are in line with Cysterwigs, and their selection is wider, and now they have reviews! Additionally, while Cysterwigs says that they don't accept returns on their clearance site basically because no one does, NameBrandWigs does!!

Still, plenty of people like them. If you don't have any issues with your order, they will be fine, but I'd only order something you've ordered before from here!

annab485
1/16/19

I ordered this past autumn for the first time from Cysterwigs because the retailer (Namebrandwigs) i typically order from, did not have Aspen Estetica in stock. I wanted to give Cysterwigs a try. I thought the video reviews Heather does were amazing.
The Aspen was out of stock, but website gave the option to receive a text when back in stock, so I did so. A week later, I received a text and that evening I placed my order and then a week later was told the item was out of stock. When I emailed customer care , they were combative and stated that they infrormed me via email that it was backordered and that i didn't place my order right after the text. I was really shocked at the response. I assured them I hadn't gotten an email and checked my junk folder and expressed my disappointment . They told me the wig was back ordered and other retailers would be in same position. I told them I'd wait. In the meantime I placed order with my usual retailer namebrandwigs and it was backordered, but took a week to fill while cysterwigs took 2 additional weeks. Just so disappointing. I wear wigs for Alopecia Universlalis, not fashion. I need a retailer more sympathetic.

reem2
1/6/19

I wanted to love this company......but they are seriously lacking in organization. I have ordered several wigs from them, some were fine; some I returned. What gets me is it's a whole week before you receive any details on whether the wig is even available! Is it on backorder? What is the status? Keep me informed at least. I finally tried NameBrandWigs and got my purchase within a week. Like I said, I wanted to love this company but they gotta get it together!

jennifere171
10/27/18

Buying wigs is tricky, whether you do it in person or online -- and I've done both thanks to lengthy chemotherapy. I was so happy to find CysterWigs because the company's prices are outstanding, customer service is very helpful and their education for wig buyers is better than any other company's. I tried two other online sites and will never buy from any site except CysterWigs.

barbaral292
10/21/18

I love CysterWigs selection and pricing, as well as the great video reviews. Unfortunately, it seems that most times I place an order, the wig/wigs I really am excited about receiving is/are either backordered or, I have some kind of delivery problem. The latter was the case this last time around. I had ordered two wigs and was really looking forward to receiving them. Alas, they didn't show up. I used the tracking link provided which indicated they were on their way. I waited patiently, but nothing showed up. So, I contacted my local post office about the shipment. They said they didn't have it at their facility, but that they would check in to it for me. I waited a few more days and got nowhere. I finally contacted CysterWigs for help. Their customer service rep, Jo, said it looked like there was some problem with the warehouse and she would look into it and get back to me. I then received an email from Annie, who took the reins and did a great job of handling my order. When all was said and done, I received both wigs which I truly adore. I'll be posting my reviews on each shortly.
Thank you to CysterWigs and such a great staff. Hopefully, I won't run into this situation again. But if I do, I will make sure to contact CWCS sooner than later.
Situation Satisfied

suzannahs1
10/16/18

I have no doubt that most of the positive reviews for Cyster Wigs come from the employees there or friends and relatives of employees or the owner. The customer service is truly so unprofessional and it is such a shame because there are other options for ordering wigs such as namebrandwigs.com, which offers a professional, well trained customer service staff and products for less money. The inventory at Cyster Wigs is lacking. Oddly enough, the other popular online wig shops have access to most wigs that Cyster Wigs say are on back order. They plain don't care about customer satisfaction or respect at Cyster Wigs.

Response from Nick D., CysterWigs Representative
Thank you for your review, Suzannah! Our reviews come from multitudes of locations, sites, and people, if you'd like to learn more about the specifics, shoot us an e-mail and we'd be happy to share the information with you! :) We apologize that the customer service and inventory levels were not to your liking. We value customer satisfaction and respect above all else at CysterWigs, they are pillars of our company ideals. We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of us and hope you the best in your future wig searches, whether that be with us or one of our competitors.

Have a wonderful day,
Nick D.
lisal555
10/12/18

I have done business with Cyster Wigs several times even when they weren't the lowest price on the same style. Heather and her team not only provide an easy to use website, but instructional and demonstration videos on You Tube that are so helpful.

I have had a few situations with shipping, but the team was very responsive helping me work through them, and my new hair was either located in the FedEx system and sent on to me or was found in the supplier's warehouse waiting to ship.

They have responded to questions I have asked by email very quickly as well.

If you wonder about some of the low star reviews. Many of those issues are answered in Heather's videos on You Tube and the website. She is very clear about the reasons why some people can't exchange their wigs or why they are denied a refund. If you follow the policies, you will have no problems. I know first hand.

karenm860
10/11/18

Absolutely love this wig. Looks so natural and fit is excellent. Great value too. Will order more wigs from this site. Fast, great service.

judyt105
10/11/18

I want to thank you so much for the wonderful customer service I have received from you.! The wigs I ordered are just beautiful and I am thrilled to have them. They both fit perfect and the colors are perfect. My hair is very fine and thin. I had brain surgery about six years ago and my right side has a few places where the hair just did not grow back in. I have felt I wanted to do something for a long time. I got on YouTube and started watching videos and was was so surprised at the wealth of information I found. I purchased two wigs from CysterWigs and they are beautiful. Their names are Charlotte by TressAllure In frosty blonde HL and Alyssa in Toasted Sesame by Envy. The caps are totally different but they both fit and I was pleasantly surprised that they are not super shinnny and can be worn right out of the box. I will be back. Thank you so much! The best compliment I received was from my husband who told me I looked ten years younger! WOW how nice is that!

louisem134
Wig-Lover -.
10/4/18

Pros: excellent customer service, lots of wig information on website, two YouTube channels, virtual wig tryon app, great VIP sales, low prices
Cons:
* Make people aware that Heather is 5'8" with a larger than average 23" circumference. Most wigs look great on Heather because she is very tall and has a big head. This was the most misleading for me as I am petite when I started buying wigs in the beginning of the year.
* Add more filters on the website. For example: I want to look for Raquel Welch, Blond, synthetic with lace front only - you can't do that. The website is time consuming looking for specific kinds of wigs otherwise.
* Fix your loyalty reward point system! I lost 2,000 loyalty reward points (but didn't lose the actual reward) just the ability to add to the existing points because they were gone due to an error and the system is automated so there is no way to correct it when it is used in error
* As others have mentioned, they don't really take returns. You have to be VERY, VERY CAREFUL WITH YOUR NEW WIG. Plop it on your head to see if it fits to but don't do anything to it (not even run your fingers through it) if you don't think the wig is for you. Then you may return it at your expense for an exchange for another wig. Read their RETURN POLICY CAREFULLY AND THEN RE-READ IT AGAIN.

I've never bought wigs from any other website (except ebay) so I can only go on my experience with Cysterwigs. All in all it's a good company and I would recommend trying it but do AND I HAVE TO EMPHASIZE... BE FULLY AWARE OF THEIR RETURN/EXCHANGE POLICY. READ IT AND RE-READ IT AGAIN. THEY ARE VERY, VERY PARTICULAR IN HOW THE WIG IS TO BE RECEIVED BACK.

maureenk56
10/2/18

I've recently ordered 2 wigs. I've had a hiccup or 2 but it was something I did. I contacted Cyster Wigs via email about them and had an immediate response. Customer service has always been pleasant and extremely helpful. The wigs are currently in transit. I have had no reason to believe that their stellar customer service will stop after the sale.

catherinem222
9/28/18

As a former cancer patient, I now wear wigs on a daily basis. When I need a new one, I want to know if it is available and when I will receive it. Other sites charge my account immediately after I place my order and then send me an email 4-5 days later that the wig is on back order but they will let me know when it ships. I have waited for months to hear about my order from other sites and when you depend on wigs daily, this is incredibly frustrating. But on CysterWigs, I know immediately if I wig is available or on back order as soon as I attempt to add it to my cart. And if it is available, it ships within a few days! Thank you CysterWigs for making the process so much easier! This will be my go to site for ordering from now on!

Yes! Most of them are in my opinion. You won't find better anywhere else.

By Tiffany M.

I don't know, of course, but before you order, CALL THEM, and make them tell you the day it will ship. If they can't, go to another retailer.

By Callie S.

My order came really fast, less than a week. Faster than what they said.

By Gail B.

Name Brand Wigs is a very helpful place. They often will offer discounts that are not advertised, and their restocking charge is MUCH less than Cysterwigs. They have the lowest prices I have found.

By Callie S.

CysterWigs no longer ships to any country outside the continental USA.

By Heather H., CysterWigs Representative

I'm sorry, but it is currently sold out. The good news is that if you go on the site and select a color, it will let you know if it is in stock or not. If not, you can add your email or phone number and they will email or text when it is back in stock ;-)

By Krynn C.
Questions? Get answers from the CysterWigs staff and other customers.

6 Photos for CysterWigs