Review of Crutchfield

community@crutchfield.com
2017 Customer choice award

pauld465
5/22/18

I've used Crutchfield multiple times in the now distant past. My newer cars really didn't need attention. Retirement found me in possession of a 2010 Town & Country van. I've grown accustomed to Bluetooth and hands-free and knew immediately changes needed to be made and I already knew where to go. It's possible that I could have found these part for less elsewhere, but I'm certain I couldn't find products that fit properly without many hours of Internet searches. I knew from experience I couldn't find the built-in support too.
So now our "new" 2010 Chrysler van has all the missing parts. The dash sports a new Sony touch screen. The tailgate has a camera so my wife feels comfortable in reverse. OEM speakers have been replaced with Harman Kardon units that make the originals sound like absolute junk.
Was it easy? No way. Issues every step along the way, but with some input over a brief phone call, a better method came to light. Removing large sections of your car interior may seem daunting, but if you're careful and follow the provided instructions you can perform a task just short of magic! Plus, you'll save hundreds doing the work yourself.

jayb232
5/22/18

I replaced my Alpine hd149bt with the Sony Mex-gs820bt. Right out of the box without any adjustments, the sound quality is many times better and the Bluetooth doesn't dropout randomly like the Alpine did. 45 watts per Channel is very satisfying. No need for external amps with this kind of power. I added a powered subwoofer (8"bazooka) which really completes the soundstage. The unit is powering 4 Kenwood 2way speakers, 5-1/4" up front and 6-1/2" in the back. These are by no means special speakers but this unit really brought them to life. I've always had a problem adjusting the front speakers because they are positioned low on my doors. In the sound setup menu there is an attribute called DSO (dynamic stage organizer) which increased the front ambience a lot. If there is a downside, for me it would be the front auxiliary input. I use an older style Sirius tuner which requires a stereo mini input, unfortunately there is no rear aux so I have a wire protruding from the front face input. Not the end of the world but it would be a cleaner look if the input we're on the back side. All in all I am a lot happier with the Sony then I ever was with the Alpine. I highly recommend it.

tomm531
5/21/18

Everything from the tech that helped me from the chat conversation, Kay, to the tech that helped me on the install over the weekend, Dale, were great to work with. When I have to buy anything else I will start with Crutchfield. Thanks again for a great experience!

phila57
5/20/18

I had many questions regarding choice of an in-dash Double-DIN multimedia player. All my concerns were knowledgeably answered, and I was helped in choosing the absolute perfect unit for my Porsche Cayman. I can't believe they can provide ALL the installation stuff needed for just $18.. perfectly matching surround bezel so the unit looks like it came from the factory; wiring plug interface to the stock Porsche innards, and an antenna cable adapter. One final call back to tech support for guidance on getting my old unit out, then my package arrived just 2 days later.

Installation went smoothly, and the unit performs even better than I had imagined.

Go Crutchfield!
Phil - Austin, TX

davidt544
5/20/18

Pricing, service and free shipping is unrivaled by its competitors. I live in the US Virgin Islands where many US based companies will not even ship to here let alone ship for free. My only wish is for an expanded product line so that I could buy from Crutchfield more often.

dalet66
5/19/18

I just opened the Costco ad and saw the Dyson V7 priced at $169.
Not a happy customer. Not a happy customer.

michaels1391
5/19/18

I have been a Crutchfield customer for several years and the knowledge of the products they sell is incredible. They take the time to make sure you fully understand what you need and what you don't need, all staying within whatever your budget. You won't be disappointed

jims504
5/18/18

I purchased a home audio system from Crutchfield after having done a ton of research, listening to other systems, listening to other audiophiles, and then becoming completely overwhelmed. Crutchfield had a reputation of being very helpful - so, I took the chance, called, and got to speak with Wes as my sales consultant. I told him my story - had a system in college, sold it to pay bills, was now about 45 years past that point and wanted to start listening to music again. I spent the next 40 minutes talking, listening and learning from a very patient person who could have sold be a bill of goods, but took the time to work with me and set me up with a system that would meet my needs, be fun to use, and not make me part with my 401(k). Placed an order, the system arrived, and while there was some "operator error" involved in connecting everything up, I worked through it and got absolutely fantastic sound!! So much so that I have been up late every night listening to old vinyl until around 2:00 a.m. - just like back in college!! Very positive experience all around - very happy with the results - and really love the new system. Thanks, Crutchfield, for bringing back old memories and helping make some new ones!!!

jesseg68
5/18/18

They have best selection, price, and shipping, it doesn't stop they are very knowledgeable and helpful with helping you with selecting, installing, and even how to use your product.

brians565
5/18/18

Crutchfield is the best place to purchase auto, home and camera electronics. The prices are great, comparable with other online sites. The quality is excellent. The most important reason for choosing Crutchfield is their customer service and technical support. The customer service reps are friendly and professional. They have the best technical support of any online retailer. They are very knowledgeable and have the correct information to help you with a car stereo installation or setting up a home theater. Other online retailers dont come close to the support you can get from Crutchfield.

bernieg14
5/18/18

I have bought several nice TVs and sound systems through this company and the prices are great and their service is amazing!

curtisp47
5/17/18

My experience and service from Crutchfield was outstanding. Theyre very knowledgeable and easy no pressure approach was a joy. I would definitely recommend them to all . Thank you for your service and expedited delivery of my order.

dons251
5/17/18

Shipping is quick and the product is as described in there advertisements. Never had to use there customer service for trouble calls do to the fact that I never had problems with there products. Good prices!

robertg524
5/16/18

Great Price .Free shipping, No tax(out of state). Great Service. What else could you ask for in an electronics company?

chrisw460
5/15/18

Everytime I have ordered from Crutchfield, they have been quick and extremely helpful. They really go out of the way to help by having great installation information.

michaelr661
5/15/18

Amazing customer service, I had an issue with purchasing my kit and double din. Called customer service and they helped me out right away. They are all respectful and patient. Would recommend to others!

brittonw
5/15/18

Over all, great experience. Picking out equipment is easy. It was nice that all of the install great was an available option as well. I got one day air shipping and by damn it here the next day! The speakers themselves are good quality. They have amazing mids and highs, but no bass. My stocks spreakers had way more bass. Hopefully that will change a little when I replace the factory deck.

francisl42
5/15/18

Very prompt service, price competitive or even better. I only purchase from Crutchfield, and no other.

billb379
5/14/18

After reading the radio description, I took a risk and ordered the radio for my 2004 Jeep. The radio came very promptly and was as advertised. I would buy from Crutchfield again.

charlest136
5/14/18

Headphones arrived on time and included a free headset stand. Sales follow up included a nice touch; a hand written post card.

shainm
5/14/18

Having never purchased or installed my own car audio I found the process through Crutchfield extremely easy and overall simple. I did option for the wire ready harness which I would highly recommend if you have never done an install before.

daniela200
5/14/18

I ordered all new door speakers and I am very satisfied with ordering through Crutchfield. The fact that they include new speaker mounts and hardware makes them the best!! Thank you!!

mikes937
5/13/18

Great support, excellent pricing and liberal return. Online chat and no pressure sales tactics. Great selection.

mattr149
5/11/18

I used the chat function to ask my questions and received answers very quickly. Will be buying from Crutchfield again in the near future.

carolg191
5/11/18

Headphones arrived in a timely manner. The day after they arrive I noticed on the website the price had decreased by $50. Gave them a call. The $50 was immediately credited to my account. No hasle, just great customer service.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I bought a 'scratch and dent' Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 VQ for $149.99, retail was $279.99. It came with the standard 3 year warranty and arrived without a scratch or dent, it could have been sold as new and I would have been none the wiser. That was in 2004 and it still slams hard, I burnt through three 12 inch MTX Thunder 8000's in 4 years with the same amp that's been pushing the Kappa for 11 years. I wouldn't hesitate to order from the outlet. My only regret is that I didn't get two.

By Allisa P.

Questions? Get answers from the Crutchfield staff and other customers.

Crutchfield?